04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 255.
#8901 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

it can be rotated but not full screen.
[quoted image]

Nice game, and thanks for sharing the video @awesome1!
FWIW, the video plays full screen on my phone in portrait orientation. Play the video full screen and double-tap on the video and it should zoom in (it does on my iphone at least)

#8902 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Anyone with the Stern Infinity Stone shooter rod find that it's a lot weaker than the original? Spring color looks to be the same, but I can barely get TO the ramp when plunging, let alone over it....! It even feels weaker just pulling it back.
I guess I can try what awesome1 said above and replace it with a red spring and see what happens. Or swap springs between the original...
Regarding the shooter itself, I was a little disappointed that the light isn't actually in the shooter. It makes sense though as I could never figure out how they were going to power it otherwise! Me being dumb.
[quoted image]

Check the rubber plunger tip on the new shooter rod. I think on the new rod it might just be a little shorter compared to the original, causing a bigger gap between when the ball is at rest in the shooter lane on the auto-plunger bracket versus where the shooter tip is. Just take off the rubber shooter tip, put something in there so that it doesn't sit so far down on the shaft, like a tiny rubber post ring, put it back on, and it should make the tip closer to the ball. It should help with being able to make the ramp again.

#8903 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Such a long game to just miss my high score by 46 Million... 6.3 Billion!
Beat Thanos with all 6 Gems. Got past second Black Order Multiball. Trophy Mania Wizard mode.
Second game over 6 Billion and sixth over 4 Billion! 3 Balls, factory settings, Extra Balls on.

Would be great to watch you and Keith go head to head for a video shoot out match! Someone should set that up, live stream it. Jack Danger, you listening, set it up!

#8904 2 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

Check the rubber plunger tip on the new shooter rod. I think on the new rod it might just be a little shorter compared to the original, causing a bigger gap between when the ball is at rest in the shooter lane on the auto-plunger bracket versus where the shooter tip is. Just take off the rubber shooter tip, put something in there so that it doesn't sit so far down on the shaft, like a tiny rubber post ring, put it back on, and it should make the tip closer to the ball. It should help with being able to make the ramp again.

I ended up putting a new spring in and it works great. This could be a solution for others though if they don't have a replacement spring handy, thanks!

#8905 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I ended up putting a new spring in and it works great. This could be a solution for others though if they don't have a replacement spring handy, thanks!

It helped me with my game. Prior to doing this, I had about a 1/2" gap between the ball and the top of the shooter tip. By putting something in the shooter tip to make it longer, it is now almost touching the ball when at rest, and I can easily plunge up the rear ramp with ease.

#8906 2 years ago

was out of work due to covid quarantine so had time to make some little doodads,
fixed my launch not making it all the way around by switching to red plunger spring and added a washer to left shooter lane screw ( JP fix). sometimes the black panther shot can be a little clunky so added the little black piece i think helps a little?

20211114_161525 (resized).jpg20211114_161525 (resized).jpg
added a shooterplate and door bling ( like iron man reactors on an iron man machine aiq is not complete without like 60 avengers logos on every available surface)
20211121_212833 (resized).jpg20211121_212833 (resized).jpg
added some ramp lights and back lit thanos and came up for this for the sanctum

20211201_220241 (resized).jpg20211201_220241 (resized).jpg
added some speaker logos, went for two tone to kind of mimic the logo on the translight
20211202_215042 (resized).jpg20211202_215042 (resized).jpg20211203_065833 (resized).jpg20211203_065833 (resized).jpg

#8907 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballjj:

was out of work due to covid quarantine so had time to make some little doodads,
fixed my launch not making it all the way around by switching to red plunger spring and added a washer to left shooter lane screw ( JP fix). sometimes the black panther shot can be a little clunky so added the little black piece i think helps a little?
[quoted image]
added a shooterplate and door bling ( like iron man reactors aiq is not complete without like 60 avengers logos on every available surface)
[quoted image]
added some ramp lights and back lit thanos and came up for this for the sanctum
[quoted image]
added some speaker logos, went for two tone to kind of mimic the logo on the translight
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks great! I like the ramp lights got me think it would be cool to add controlled lights that are tied into the ramp arrows so they flash also.

Did you buy the speaker logos? Or 3D print them yourself? They look good two tone like that.

#8908 2 years ago

thanks, the logos are laser engraved , someone else asked for a better pic of the sanctum mod, the main idea similar to other sanctum mods was to increase the visibility of the extra ball , while i was at it i added bling and some increased lighting for the portal spinner

20211201_220153 (resized).jpg20211201_220153 (resized).jpg

#8909 2 years ago

Anyone have any issues/fixes for the avengers tower magnet not catching the ball consistently? Had my first avengers premium for a week (had to do a quick exchange bc of damage during moving) but point is on my first machine it stuck every time on any decent shot. On my replacement machine maybe only 1/5 good shots stick. Often times it goes all the way up, hear it hit the top and instead of sticking flies back down. Anyone have this issue?

#8910 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Anyone have any issues/fixes for the avengers tower magnet not catching the ball consistently? Had my first avengers premium for a week (had to do a quick exchange bc of damage during moving) but point is on my first machine it stuck every time on any decent shot. On my replacement machine maybe only 1/5 good shots stick. Often times it goes all the way up, hear it hit the top and instead of sticking flies back down. Anyone have this issue?

Are you getting credit for the shot when it doesn’t stick? If not you may have an opto issue in the tower.

#8911 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Are you getting credit for the shot when it doesn’t stick? If not you may have an opto issue in the tower.

I actually am getting credit for it but it’s just not sticking consistently

#8912 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

Might just try loosening the magnet and make sure it’s centered and everything looks right, they cram a lot of wires and stuff in that little space. My tower wires were pinched and needed some attention I found out when I put on the tower mod. If it’s working some of the time it’s probably not a loose connector but double check that too where the magnet and opto wires connect to the node board.

#8913 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinj135:

On the hardware side of things, yeah check whaat Plungerboy mentions.

Along with that, are you getting ball lock registers? or some of the other shots? At least from playing (havent looked at technical specs), I think arc reactor shots dont have to hit the highest opto. Do a switch test with all the optos and that they trigger cleanly and consistently. Play without the glass and roll the ball yourself and see how the game reacts and if theres at least some mag hold if it goes up in a controlled fashion. If it seems like its "trying" to hold the ball but not enough force to grab it fully, then helps narrow down the issue.

#8914 2 years ago

Hello club! I’ve had my AIQ premium for a year now and I’m still loving it. My first NIB.

I’m on code 1.01 now and wondering whether it’s worthwhile or necessary to load 1.03. It looks like the new code mostly integrates that reader thingy which I’m not planning on getting ATM. It’s ok to skip code updates right? For example going from 1.01 straight to 1.04…

What say you?

#8915 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Hello club! I’ve had my AIQ premium for a year now and I’m still loving it. My first NIB.
I’m on code 1.01 now and wondering whether it’s worthwhile or necessary to load 1.03. It looks like the new code mostly integrates that reader thingy which I’m not planning on getting ATM. It’s ok to skip code updates right? For example going from 1.01 straight to 1.04…
What say you?

1.02 more polish
1.03 mostly insider connect

Didnt have any problems skipping revs upon delivery of this machine.

#8916 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

What say you?

Yes, you can skip any number of updates and still add the newest one whenever you want.

#8917 2 years ago

Can we update to 1.03 without the connected kit?

#8918 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Can we update to 1.03 without the connected kit?

I have updated to 1.03 with no issues and I don't have Insider connected yet.

#8919 2 years ago

You may want to verify the factory installed your mylar in the right spot in the inlanes. Mine was a little bit off on the left inlane and it didn’t protect the drop area from the wire ramp entirely. It didn’t seem that I could adjust my ramp to drop lower into the inlane, so I added a little more mylar to the top of my existing one. The picture here shows the deformation in the clear of where the ball was dropping, compared to where the factory installed mylar is.

2BD361FD-CFC3-4C75-97ED-972F531EC183 (resized).jpeg2BD361FD-CFC3-4C75-97ED-972F531EC183 (resized).jpeg
#8920 2 years ago
Quoted from Bangback:

You may want to verify the factory installed your mylar in the right spot in the inlanes. Mine was a little bit off on the left inlane and it didn’t protect the drop area from the wire ramp entirely. It didn’t seem that I could adjust my ramp to drop lower into the inlane, so I added a little more mylar to the top of my existing one. The picture here shows the deformation in the clear of where the ball was dropping, compared to where the factory installed mylar is.[quoted image]

Same thing on mine. Noticed a little indentation in the clear, put a mylar square over it and it’s barely noticeable now. Was just on the left side, right hand side they had it aligned correctly.

#8921 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Same thing on mine. Noticed a little indentation in the clear, put a mylar square over it and it’s barely noticeable now. Was just on the left side, right hand side they had it aligned correctly.

The number of basic QC things I see on this thread would cause me to take a very hard look at my QC department if I were stern and I gave a crap.

#8922 2 years ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

The number of basic QC things I see on this thread would cause me to take a very hard look at my QC department if I were stern and I gave a crap.

I agree. But Stern has a an estimated backlog of 10,000 games. As long as people keep buying, they have no reason to change anything.

#8923 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Have the balls been magnetized? Gentle nudge might indicate that even though the magnet releases, magnetized balls will stay near the magnet, until nudging it out enough to separate it from the magnet at the top of the tower. Try a new ball and see if it still holds.

Thanks. New balls fixed the problem.

#8924 2 years ago

When it’s time to clean!

Anyone else removed the plastic from the upper loop permanently? It makes the cleaning process much easier. Considering doing the same on the back door ramp (right orbit exit).

73D75615-D167-443D-8008-759A8ABC305A (resized).jpeg73D75615-D167-443D-8008-759A8ABC305A (resized).jpeg
#8925 2 years ago

that head of thanos is incredible !!!!

#8927 2 years ago

Maybe something to whish for as a Christmas present if you like Lego and AIQ
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/infinity-gauntlet-76191

#8928 2 years ago

Yes I ordered it when they first came out from the designer here on pinside, he later handed over production to mezel and that’s where mine eventually came from.

I had to super glue the helmet bands on, they were weakly attached. It’s been solid ever since, and is light interactive. Looks great in game play for sure!

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

Maybe something to whish for as a Christmas present if you like Lego and AIQ
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/infinity-gauntlet-76191

Another cool gift idea, but probably a long lead time for delivery:

#8930 2 years ago
Quoted from SirSnarf:

Figured I'd show off the gauntlet mod my girlfriend put together since it was so popular on Facebook, making a small batch for some other folks around the globe even some all the way down under! Let me know what you guys think
[quoted image]

Thank you SirSnarf for the awesome detailing on my AIQ Gauntlet! It looks incredible!!!

A5D6BB67-1712-407F-9333-BFCDB9AAB2B6 (resized).jpegA5D6BB67-1712-407F-9333-BFCDB9AAB2B6 (resized).jpeg

#8931 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Thank you SirSnarf for the awesome detailing on my AIQ Gauntlet! It looks incredible!!!
[quoted image]

Neat! Was this a replacement, or added components + paint to your original one?

#8932 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

Nice! How long did you have to wait? I am seriously considering it.

#8933 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Neat! Was this a replacement, or added components + paint to your original one?

Added components and paint to the original.

Quoted from marioparty34:

Nice! How long did you have to wait? I am seriously considering it.

About one week from when he received it.

#8934 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

When it’s time to clean!
Anyone else removed the plastic from the upper loop permanently? It makes the cleaning process much easier. Considering doing the same on the back door ramp (right orbit exit).
[quoted image]

just seeing this pic and Ive never done that with a piece of wood to keep my playfield out of the cabinet too clean stuff. Is it still plugged in? If so I feel like an idiot for never doing this and getting to the harder places easier....

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

just seeing this pic and Ive never done that with a piece of wood to keep my playfield out of the cabinet too clean stuff. Is it still plugged in? If so I feel like an idiot for never doing this and getting to the harder places easier....

I've never done it either, I'm not familiar with that technique, but with the playfield as far forward as it can go with the rubber feet resting on the top front of the cabinet, you can get to everything.

#8936 2 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

[quoted image]

You're very welcome! Thanks for your patience and so happy to hear you like it. The feedback from Facebook has been incredible and probably be busy with another batch of ten or so as the come in over the next couple months.

Screenshot_20211209-164454 (resized).pngScreenshot_20211209-164454 (resized).png
#8937 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yes everything plugged in. I built the wood L piece to work on the back alley for IM which you cannot access easily but it’s nice for general cleaning too.

#8938 2 years ago

What are the smaller rubber sizes that can replace these to stop them from directing the ball down the middle?

EC08775A-DAA3-4379-896B-C26F0E8D7071 (resized).jpegEC08775A-DAA3-4379-896B-C26F0E8D7071 (resized).jpeg
#8939 2 years ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

What are the smaller rubber sizes that can replace these to stop them from directing the ball down the middle?[quoted image]

So those posts that hold the rubbers have some wiggle as you're tightening them. You can push them in or out slightly and hold it in its location while you re tighten. When I replaced them a couple of months ago I got a fair amount of failed BP shots center drain fairly easily. I mode those posts adjustments and it resolved the problem about 90% of the time. Only if its going at a very specific speed will it be directed towards the center, which doesnt happen often. Its a good thing as a failed BP shot should have a small chance of punishment. Though when I notice it going that speed, I'll give it a slight nudge and that usually takes care of the other 10% of return balls from that path.

#8940 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

So those posts that hold the rubbers have some wiggle as you're tightening them. You can push them in or out slightly and hold it in its location while you re tighten. When I replaced them a couple of months ago I got a fair amount of failed BP shots center drain fairly easily. I mode those posts adjustments and it resolved the problem about 90% of the time. Only if its going at a very specific speed will it be directed towards the center, which doesnt happen often. Its a good thing as a failed BP shot should have a small chance of punishment. Though when I notice it going that speed, I'll give it a slight nudge and that usually takes care of the other 10% of return balls from that path.

I had the same experience on my premium, after tightening these with the stock rubber it’s the best case, I tried a couple other things there and the flow was impacted. You will lose some but knowing when to nudge it to avoid is part of the fun of learning the layout,

#8941 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Yup I pulled the post up and re-tightened it with a dab of loctite to keep it in place. I replace all of my stock rubbers with clear Titans. 99% of my ball returns for the BP orbit now go to the left flipper for a nice dead bounce now. This is the way it was intended on the Prem/LE.

Of course a good nudge will suffice as well.

#8942 2 years ago

When you have earned an extra ball, is there a place on the playfield that indicates you have an extra ball?

#8943 2 years ago
Quoted from berg0319:

When you have earned an extra ball, is there a place on the playfield that indicates you have an extra ball?

Captain America's "shoot again" shield stays lit solid, which means extra ball.

#8944 2 years ago

Officially in the club again this time with a premium and this time to complete this amazing Elwin row… all master pieces.

ABA77B7A-FA9A-497D-944E-129B04D3C64F (resized).jpegABA77B7A-FA9A-497D-944E-129B04D3C64F (resized).jpegE654E515-FB9C-4A75-BA63-16C0F2EED8F0 (resized).jpegE654E515-FB9C-4A75-BA63-16C0F2EED8F0 (resized).jpeg
#8945 2 years ago

which do you think is the best of the 4?

#8946 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Officially in the club again this time with a premium and this time to complete this amazing Elwin row… all master pieces.

My only issue is that you don't have them arranged in the order they were released.

#8947 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

I think AIQ (Bias I know) but honestly it is fast, deep and art is the best.

#8948 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Quoted from hiker2099:

I think AIQ (Bias I know) but honestly it is fast, deep and art is the best.

The great thing with Elwin's games so far is that a solid argument can be made for all 4 of them. I'd be hesitant on Godzilla for now though just because a lot of its potential and my expectations for how the code is going to develop is based on his first 3 games.

#8949 2 years ago
Quoted from mannymasy:

Honestly it is hard to say one day i say one is his best and the next day i change my mind, i must say though i think AIQ prem flows better than JP prem which i thought was his best flowing game. That CM ramp vs spinner makes a huge flow difference.

#8950 2 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Honestly it is hard to say one day i say one is his best and the next day i change my mind, i must say though i think AIQ prem flows better than JP prem which i thought was his best flowing game. That CM ramp vs spinner makes a huge flow difference.

I don't have many games played on JP or IM, but the Captain Marvel ramp on AIQ Prem/LE is one of the best feeling shots in pinball!

No games on a Godzilla yet... waiting for a Premium...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 179 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/179 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.