IMG_1300 (resized).JPG
9E80C9EB-17A1-4D6A-A69D-786C9E7FD6D1 (resized).jpeg
35BAA55C-7A67-4720-9A69-9CF60D6F8E4E (resized).jpeg
8598998F-423C-4954-B9E5-03A66480ACA0 (resized).jpeg
20A8CBF1-68D6-4EB2-B22F-948758281356 (resized).jpeg
EFE8BD59-5B9B-49A4-8D06-B9F92817B06C (resized).jpeg
75E1D4BB-71A6-4293-9572-3B568F669AD2 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8,888 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 178.
#8601 36 days ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Random question. What is the little dog plastic key chain that came in the bag of extra plastics? It’s a white dog and is totally out of place unless it has Marcel relevance that I am unaware of. I have a premium.
[quoted image]

I can't find the source right now, but I believe it's Keith Elwin's (game designer) dog. Just a fun little thing to include.

#8602 36 days ago

Sharing pictures of my AIQ Premium with custom "Captain America" blue powder coat from Steve at the Pinball Refinery. I'm super happy with how it turned out! Steve does amazing work and was able to get everything done in 2 weeks. Feels like a new game to me. Can't wait to see what he can do for me on my Premium Godzilla.

I also added some Comet RGB flipper buttons to finish off the game.

AIQ1 (resized).jpgAIQ2 (resized).jpgAIQ3 (resized).jpgAIQ4 (resized).jpgAIQ5 (resized).jpgAIQ6 (resized).jpgAIQ7 (resized).jpg
#8603 36 days ago

Hey everyone,

First new Stern Pin qith an AIQ Pro (not quote ready for the Premium investment, that'll be our Deadpool next) and looking to see what the best recommended mods are. Right now we're looking to add

The Thor's Hammer that lights up when multi-ball is active:

https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-interactive-thor-hammer

The lightup Captain America Shield:

https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-capt-america-shield

As well as Iron Man:

https://cointaker.com/products/iron-man-pinball-illuminated-iron-man-mod

And these ramp lights are a "must have" for my wife:

https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-ramp-illumination

Considering the Sanctum and Avengers Tower upgrades, but they are pricey, and considering attempting our own 3D print on those instead. Has anyone gone thagt route? Any other mods you'd say are a "must"? A lot to dig into, but we're very excited for the new machine and want to make it our own a bit.

#8604 36 days ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Sharing pictures of my AIQ Premium with custom "Captain America" blue powder coat from Steve at the Pinball Refinery. I'm super happy with how it turned out! Steve does amazing work and was able to get everything done in 2 weeks. Feels like a new game to me. Can't wait to see what he can do for me on my Premium Godzilla.
I also added some Comet RGB flipper buttons to finish off the game.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LOVE the Iron Maiden Killers hanging back there. Some of the best early IM Eddie art for sure!

#8605 36 days ago
Quoted from petrieslastword:

Hey everyone,
First new Stern Pin qith an AIQ Pro (not quote ready for the Premium investment, that'll be our Deadpool next) and looking to see what the best recommended mods are. Right now we're looking to add
https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-interactive-thor-hammer
https://cointaker.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-illuminated-capt-america-shield
As well as Iron Man:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-ramp-illumination
Considering the Sanctum and Avengers Tower upgrades, but they are pricey, and considering attempting our own 3D print on those instead. Has anyone gone thagt route? Any other mods you'd say are a "must"? A lot to dig into, but we're very excited for the new machine and want to make it our own a bit.

I did the white translucent drop targets with the lights from mezel. My wife was surprised by how much she liked it in person vs when I showed her photos of what was getting purchased. If your wife has the ramp lights as a "must", think the drop targets can fit well in that lighted theme as well.

Visual mods I havent done much outside of that but I'm also going down that route of building out my 3d models for the avengers tower at least. Wanted to give the windows a translucent look. Had just gotten into resin printing a few months ago and love the output on those things. Sanctum building I wasnt sure of what to do. I love Mezel's but also dont want to lose the spotlight over the disc, so trying to decide what to do there.

Considering how much we love the game and its probably going to stick around for a good while, I'm going to slowly draw/build out a complete replacement for the back skyline of the city. I'll get to that project once we hit holiday season for work. Right now only have time for maybe 3-4 side projects.

#8606 36 days ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

I can't find the source right now, but I believe it's Keith Elwin's (game designer) dog. Just a fun little thing to include.

Hysterical. Thanks!

#8607 36 days ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

Random question. What is the little dog plastic key chain that came in the bag of extra plastics? It’s a white dog and is totally out of place unless it has Marcel relevance that I am unaware of. I have a premium.
[quoted image]

I think it's Keith Elwin's girlfriends dog.

#8608 36 days ago
Quoted from dpkzone:

I think I remember reading somewhere its Keith Elwin’s or his girlfriend’s dog.

#8609 36 days ago

Hey everyone,
As well as Iron Man:

I have the ramp lights and love the effect they give.
I also recommend this one. It really spices up the backboard:
https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-thanos

#8610 35 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I think it's Keith Elwin's girlfriends dog.

How does the dog relate to pinball?

#8611 35 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Does it need to?

#8612 35 days ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Not sure exactly, but my little Dachshund buddy Enzo likes to hang out with me while I'm playing or working on my pins!

TZ Enzo helping (resized).jpg
#8613 35 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Not sure exactly, but my little Dachshund buddy Enzo likes to hang out with me while I'm playing or working on my pins! [quoted image]

I had a TZ once years ago, I should have never let that go!

#8614 35 days ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I had a TZ once years ago, I should have never let that go!

It's definitely a classic and still a good game even by todays standards! Color DMD makes it seem more modern as well.

Looks like you have a pretty sweet collection to keep you busy though!

#8615 34 days ago
Quoted from shaub:

continuously try and send balls into the drop targets, especially during MB, you WILL get valuable awards from it, sort of like a mystery award feature in a way.

This is a simple but good tip and something I didn’t think of, but really has helped since you mentioned it. Thanks!

#8616 34 days ago

Any specific settings you guys recommend changing such as the slingshot power or things of that nature? Trying to get my machine dialed in to the "ideal" settings as intended but finding that info seems difficult.

#8617 34 days ago

Any specific settings you guys recommend changing such as the slingshot power or things of that nature? Trying to get my machine dialed in to the "ideal" settings as intended but finding that info seems difficult.

Reduce trough eject power (as low as you can without getting misfires). I didn't mess with slingshot power but that matters a lot for how hard it plays.

#8618 34 days ago

Just replaced my coil stops and sleeves with pinball life replacements. I feel like I used to be able to hit the BW ramp off a ball launch(coming down the wire form to right flipper rolling shot)
when I first got the game. Now I feel like I can hardly ever do that. That’s the reason I replaced the stops and sleeves. Feels like it didn’t make a difference for the rolling right flip BW shot. I do remember that always feeling like a hit or miss shot, but more hit, at least in the beginning for me. It seems like more miss now but no problem hitting it at all when I trap up. That’s even when just turning the game on, and not playing for an hour. I held the coil stop and other end of coil right while screwing the née stops in. Maybe I should go back and check to make sure my sleeve was seared all the way, but it doesn’t appear to have any slack in between stop and coil.

2DD2FE82-EE25-4424-841E-6BEBD190DB6D (resized).jpeg

#8619 34 days ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Just replaced my coil stops and sleeves with pinball life replacements. I feel like I used to be able to hit the BW ramp off a ball launch(coming down the wire form to right flipper rolling shot)
when I first got the game. Now I feel like I can hardly ever do that. That’s the reason I replaced the stops and sleeves. Feels like it didn’t make a difference for the rolling right flip BW shot. I do remember that always feeling like a hit or miss shot, but more hit, at least in the beginning for me. It seems like more miss now but no problem hitting it at all when I trap up. That’s even when just turning the game on, and not playing for an hour. I held the coil stop and other end of coil right while screwing the née stops in. Maybe I should go back and check to make sure my sleeve was seared all the way, but it doesn’t appear to have any slack in between stop and coil.
[quoted image]

Make sure your flipper angles are aligned correctly also. I’ve seen two new sterns recently that weren’t even close! The tip of the flipper should align to the hole in the playfield. Adjust with the hex nut below playfield and make sure your gap above is a credit card width.

#8620 34 days ago
Quoted from Plungerboy:

Make sure your flipper angles are aligned correctly also. I’ve seen two new sterns recently that weren’t even close! The tip of the flipper should align to the hole in the playfield. Adjust with the hex nut below playfield and make sure your gap above is a credit card width.

I dunno it seemed hard to hit testing but seems fine once I started playing. Thanks anyway bud.

#8621 33 days ago

What specifically do you have to do to start computer frenzy MB? I know you need to play all six computer modes. But after that how do you start it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not good enough to qualify it. Decided to take the glass off just to see the mode ( turn game off before ending ball 3 to make sure no fake scores get recorded). I played all of the computer modes and still couldn't get computer frenzy to start. The rules say it should be qualified by hitting drops at last started computer mode and then hitting gauntlet ramp, but this wasn't working.

#8622 33 days ago

I'm having some trouble with the ball getting stuck in the avengers tower. Is there any fix for this? Sorry if already discussed--so many pages on this.

#8623 33 days ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

I'm having some trouble with the ball getting stuck in the avengers tower. Is there any fix for this? Sorry if already discussed--so many pages on this.

Like it stays up on the magnet? That means either the magnet is not turning off, or the balls are already magnetized. If it's the latter switch the balls out otherwise they will start to magnetize the trough which would be bad.

#8624 33 days ago
Quoted from MartinAcoustic:

I have the best and simplest fix for the subway mech. Take the factory washer from the plastic cam (pic 1) and replace it with any washer that will work (I used a washer for a machine screw). Now take the e-clips off the the subway mech and place it where I put it in pic 2. This is the perfect thickness to compensate the slack and prevent the finger from falling down and getting stuck. I have played hundreds of games with no fault! Permanent fix!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I just tried this fix Friday evening... and it works! Thanks MartinAcoustic! It has worked at least for the 2 dozen or so games I’ve played since. And without one ‘lost’ ball from a finger not popping up completely. Which was happening most games before.

My only comment on the fix is that I tried putting the washer as shown on the pic... for me...it made the subway problem worse. So I pulled the mech again, moved the washer to the other side of the finger, and voila’ it works just as described. So if you try the fix and it doesn’t work, move the washer to the other side of the finger and try again.

Also, I was intimidated when starting this, but it really is pretty simple to remove the mech and make the changes described. All told it was probably an hour of work, and now I could crank out the fix in just a few minutes. I hope I don’t ever have to.

#8625 33 days ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

What specifically do you have to do to start computer frenzy MB? I know you need to play all six computer modes. But after that how do you start it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not good enough to qualify it. Decided to take the glass off just to see the mode ( turn game off before ending ball 3 to make sure no fake scores get recorded). I played all of the computer modes and still couldn't get computer frenzy to start. The rules say it should be qualified by hitting drops at last started computer mode and then hitting gauntlet ramp, but this wasn't working.

If you hold the flippers and look at info screen, it will show you what row of the grid will offer what award. Once all 6 modes have been played, there are other awards (Extra Ball, Trophy, Computer Frenzy, etc...) once you qualify computer frenzy then shoot the subway (Pre/LE) or gauntlet ramp (pro) to start Computer Frenzy Multiball,

#8626 33 days ago
Quoted from TheSoftBoiledEgg:

Make sure the Mylar on the end of the bolt isn’t curled up, mine did that and ended up frying the coil and node board…….pretty sure it was related but hard to say for sure.

Go into test mode and test the magnet with glass off.

#8627 33 days ago

Ah ok, I get it now. Even after playing the 6 computer awards, you still have to play through the other awards first, it puts computer frenzy at the bottom of the list. Kind of a bummer, it's even harder to start than I thought. They should have made it so that as soon as you've played all six it's on your grid and ready to be qualified after getting your corresponding bingo.

#8628 33 days ago
Quoted from CypherPinball:

Ah ok, I get it now. Even after playing the 6 computer awards, you still have to play through the other awards first, it puts computer frenzy at the bottom of the list. Kind of a bummer, it's even harder to start than I thought. They should have made it so that as soon as you've played all six it's on your grid and ready to be qualified after getting your corresponding bingo.

You don't necessarily have to play through the other awards first (they do get added to the grid first) - you do have to complete the proper tic-tac-toe row to award Computer Frenzy though.

#8629 33 days ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

[quoted image]

great minds I did the same today hoping for the same outcome. I have a LE and Premium on both I could hit the BW ramp no problem. On the premium I still can. Stern did a playfield swap on my LE as it was warped and the right flipper has never felt as good. On my premium I can do the BW, wide ramp, Hawkeye loops over and over but will the LE I can't do it.

any ideas - flipper angle looks spot on and I have fans on also.

#8630 33 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

great minds I did the same today hoping for the same outcome. I have a LE and Premium on both I could hit the BW ramp no problem. On the premium I still can. Stern did a playfield swap on my LE as it was warped and the right flipper has never felt as good. On my premium I can do the BW, wide ramp, Hawkeye loops over and over but will the LE I can't do it.

Double check playfield pitch angle and then cleaning and waxing will speed up the playfield.

The fast returns definitely make it harder to hit the BW ramp, but in my case it's usually a timing issue on my part if I'm missing it.

#8631 33 days ago

Took me a little bit to find this sucker!

D764030C-09DE-4885-AFA4-0A9F6E5C1845 (resized).jpeg
#8632 33 days ago

Finally finished my custom topper for my pro. Premium translite coming next week. Here’s a video of my topper.

04D4CB64-FFEC-45F8-87A2-11022D2F45B7 (resized).jpeg8D9CC3B3-6EFC-41AD-AC27-36361463E26C (resized).jpegF7B50541-80C9-4412-93ED-6B9E41C6DDBE (resized).jpeg
#8633 33 days ago

Working that Bonus!
23X

#8634 32 days ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Working that Bonus!
23X

Now how did you get it to 23X?

#8635 32 days ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have the same issue. Every once in awhile the flipper seems powerful enough and it flies right up the ramp, most times it's weak and barely makes it half way up. EoS switch looks just fine. Flipper alignment is perfect, pitch is spot on at 6.5 degrees. I pulled the coil stop and it was solid. Coil sleeve looked completely normal.

I just can't figure it out. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.

#8636 32 days ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I have the same issue. Every once in awhile the flipper seems powerful enough and it flies right up the ramp, most times it's weak and barely makes it half way up. EoS switch looks just fine. Flipper alignment is perfect, pitch is spot on at 6.5 degrees. I pulled the coil stop and it was solid. Coil sleeve looked completely normal.
I just can't figure it out. There appears to be no rhyme or reason to it.

Stupid question: We are not talking about fade after while, right? I had the problem that after playing for an hour I could barely get up the ramps anymore and got PinMonks flipper cooling kit for that.

#8637 32 days ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Now how did you get it to 23X?

I think mostly from the grid 1X and 5X bonus awards, I believe the Captain America lane awards a 1x as well and Mystery can award a 5X. Basically it was a pretty long playing ball!

#8638 32 days ago

Happy Halloween week!

A28514FC-5CF7-4C81-B150-AF7073F12F20 (resized).jpeg
#8639 32 days ago

Man, I hate this game.

No...I love it. But I hate it. Thanos is such a butthole!

#8640 32 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Happy Halloween week!
[quoted image]

Still waiting on my premium because the shipper destroyed the one that was coming to me last month ... and now I won't see it until 2022 because of crappy shippers and Stern delays.

Enjoy your pro!

I thought hard about just accepting a pro at the lower price instead from my distro, but I decided to wait

#8641 32 days ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Man, I hate this game.
No...I love it. But I hate it. Thanos is such a butthole!

Agree! Love it (but makes me angry!). Have had most progress in game (finally made it to Battle Royale!) when NOT getting soul gem so I can avoid Thanos Attacks.

#8642 32 days ago
Quoted from AiriusTorpora:

Still waiting on my premium because the shipper destroyed the one that was coming to me last month ... and now I won't see it until 2022 because of crappy shippers and Stern delays.
Enjoy your pro!
I thought hard about just accepting a pro at the lower price instead from my distro, but I decided to wait

The pro rocks. So far I don’t miss the extras. This is one heck of a pro. I’ve had many too. Super fun shooter here. Wowza

#8643 32 days ago

Good grief this game is good. Why didn’t any of you tell me this a while ago?

#8644 32 days ago

Hey everyone,
As well as Iron Man:

Black Widow Tower (would say Pym Lab if you went Premium), Sanctum & Dr Strange spinner upgrade.

4DC8A714-94F6-489E-A914-12B906839A8D (resized).jpeg
#8645 31 days ago

For those having a love/hate relationship with the game as I did, hold on a little longer. I had a breakthrough game(for me) last night. I got 3 gems and defended them and ended up with 4 gems. Only a 500million game, but way better than my previous games. I play to advance right now, and still have yet to focus on points, but man…what a fun game that was!!! My shots are getting way more accurate. My favorite shot combo is still through the pops, and straight into Captain Marvel. Man that shot feels so good! I was doing it repeatedly last night. Anybody else feel that sort of heavy pull when you rip that? That steel ball hitting warp speed through that crazy wire loop! Absolute favorite shot in pinball!
I usually have a hard time hitting Hulk, but was hitting it about 75% for a change. Game is so awesome! Loving it more now than when I first played it. Once I understand how to use the gems better…look out Thanos and crew. Lol

0202581F-0D17-4715-B963-CA716B3D62B5 (resized).jpeg

#8646 31 days ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

For those having a love/hate relationship with the game as I did, hold on a little longer.
[quoted image]

The love/hate relationship doesn't go away! I have had several 1 billion plus games in my 2 months of ownership but there are days where I really want to hate this game. It can be brutal but as you say, when you do have a great game, it feels so good. It's the brutality that keeps me coming back for more.

#8647 31 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

The pro rocks. So far I don’t miss the extras. This is one heck of a pro. I’ve had many too. Super fun shooter here. Wowza

I had a little bit of remourse at first about the Premium Extras, but I think the Pro is a better playing game. The Spinner raising looks cool but just slows things down, and the Marvel Ramp even modded still only hits 90%. Putting that money into Toys for the Pro has been a much better investment.

Quoted from c818919taylor:

Black Widow Tower (would say Pym Lab if you went Premium), Sanctum & Dr Strange spinner upgrade. [quoted image]

What's the Black Widow Tower you speak of? I must be missing it.

I am on a Pro, doesn't seem to be any kind of Pym Lab Upgrades there since it's just a simple target. Am I correct?

#8648 31 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

Good grief this game is good. Why didn’t any of you tell me this a while ago?

Quoted from Insanity199:

The love/hate relationship doesn't go away! I have had several 1 billion plus games in my 2 months of ownership but there are days where I really want to hate this game. It can be brutal but as you say, when you do have a great game, it feels so good. It's the brutality that keeps me coming back for more.

I had a little bit of remourse at first about the Premium Extras, but I think the Pro is a better playing game. The Spinner raising looks cool but just slows things down, and the Marvel Ramp even modded still only hits 90%. Putting that money into Toys for the Pro has been a much better investment.

Oh man, thats where I'm at with the Marvel ramp....lots of the love/hate of this game for me is that one. I can imagine just being the spinner would be a lot quicker and more reliable shots (super more reliable)...but at the same time when you get the loop shot just right, it feels very satisfying.

#8649 31 days ago

What's the Black Widow Tower you speak of? I must be missing it.
I am on a Pro, doesn't seem to be any kind of Pym Lab Upgrades there since it's just a simple target. Am I correct?

Probably referring to the BW tower/skyscraper mod from tdiddy
I got the PYM lab for my premium, but I’d say they were recommending the skyscraper for pro owners
See it here https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-aiq-black-widow-ramp-chrysler-building-mod?hl=jrbbrj

#8650 31 days ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Stupid question: We are not talking about fade after while, right? I had the problem that after playing for an hour I could barely get up the ramps anymore and got PinMonks flipper cooling kit for that.

Unfortunately not. I wish it was fade. It can be the first shot or the last shot. The flipper is just inconsistent in strength.

There are 8,888 posts in this topic. You are on page 173 of 178.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside