IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 253.
#8101 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

Help a brother out on a buy or not to buy question. Based purely on videos I love the layout, art and shots of this game but find the rules complex and kind of hard to understand (in gameplay videos). I have no possibility to play before I buy as there isn't one available in my vicinity. I'm not a skilled player and neither are my family members and based on what I have read/heard this game can be challenging. For reference, out of the newer games we love JP and Deadpool but found TMNT to be a frustrating and hard shooter. Based on the reputation of AIQ being kind of a frustrating or hard pin I have been holding back on purchasing this for a year. Do you consider this a tougher shooter than TMNT or are people referring to the rules complexity when AIQ it's called challenging? You as owners, do you see visitors or family with poor to medium skills enjoy this pin or does it more often frustrate these players?
Based on this, could AIQ Premium be a game for me or is it a game for skilled players?

Rules are complex and deep, but the actual shots are very smooth and makeable and fun to combo. I think it's an excellent game for the home as it does take some plays to fully grasp the rules.

You can also just shoot the game and not need to fully understand the rules. Very fun game! When our adult son comes over, AIQ is the only pinball in our collection that he plays.

#8102 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

Help a brother out on a buy or not to buy question. Based purely on videos I love the layout, art and shots of this game but find the rules complex and kind of hard to understand (in gameplay videos). I have no possibility to play before I buy as there isn't one available in my vicinity. I'm not a skilled player and neither are my family members and based on what I have read/heard this game can be challenging. For reference, out of the newer games we love JP and Deadpool but found TMNT to be a frustrating and hard shooter. Based on the reputation of AIQ being kind of a frustrating or hard pin I have been holding back on purchasing this for a year. Do you consider this a tougher shooter than TMNT or are people referring to the rules complexity when AIQ it's called challenging? You as owners, do you see visitors or family with poor to medium skills enjoy this pin or does it more often frustrate these players?
Based on this, could AIQ Premium be a game for me or is it a game for skilled players?

I love DP.Had a premium for a long time
I like this better
Even though the rules can be shown as the link above helps a lot the game shoots like a dream I can hit all the shots no problem
Balancing the rules with the flow is magical at this point for me
I think this game needs rules like this to challenge you
Some of the shots are so open to you to combo makes multiball the most fun I’ve played at least I can actually play 2-3 shots at once

I really like this game I would get it

#8103 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Rules are complex and deep, but the actual shots are very smooth and makeable and fun to combo. I think it's an excellent game for the home as it does take some plays to fully grasp the rules.
You can also just shoot the game and not need to fully understand the rules. Very fun game! When our adult son comes over, AIQ is the only pinball in our collection that he plays.

Quoted from shaub:

TMNT is definitely a tougher shooter. The shots are close to the flippers so there is less time to read and react to missed shots. Also, TMNT doesnt really have any "gimme shots." AIQ has a pretty open playfield with shots that are further away plus shots like Black Widow and Gauntlet ramps are quite shootable.

Thank's to both of you, it's starting to smell like it could be something for the household.

#8104 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

I love DP.Had a premium for a long time
I like this better
Even though the rules can be shown as the link above helps a lot the game shoots like a dream I can hit all the shots no problem
Balancing the rules with the flow is magical at this point for me
I think this game needs rules like this to challenge you
Some of the shots are so open to you to combo makes multiball the most fun I’ve played at least I can actually play 2-3 shots at once
I really like this game I would get it

Thank's buddy, this is starting to sound like a game for us.

#8105 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I have JP and AIQ and I think AIQ is easier to make shots. The layout and flow of shots on AIQ is really great.

I think it’s a lot of fun trying different strategies of where to place gems and power them up. But the nice thing is the basic rules of the game are very simple and I think the game is also a lot of fun without getting too much into the gem rules.

So the game definitely shoots great, and I think you can have fun playing as much or as little as you want with the rules.

#8106 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:Thank's buddy, this is starting to sound like a game for us.

I just realized that all the shots all building up,or “leveling up” your avengers in battle and it’s literally in the screen in front of my face ha ha
No shots wasted on this when you hit stuff it builds on stuff to help you later if you choose to go that route

I hate to sound like some sort of hype man for this game but it’s really good

#8107 2 years ago

I seems to me like this rule set is the next step from Deadpool
But again I don’t know shit but I had Deadpool over a year I know that game

#8108 2 years ago

I seems to me like this rule set is the next step from Deadpool
But again I don’t know shit but I had Deadpool over a year I know that game

Yeah I can see that. Deadpool is similar with battles and quests. Deadpool is better with soundtrack and callouts in my opinion, but AIQ is better in everything else.

#8109 2 years ago

Question about getting to battle
Thanos. I finally beat battle roual
Which was awesome. I had tried each gem at least once. Thanos attacked and stole a gem from me. At this point what is needed to start battle thanos? I kept trying to enable another portal lock but it never came.

#8110 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Question about getting to battle
Thanos. I finally beat battle roual
Which was awesome. I had tried each gem at least once. Thanos attacked and stole a gem from me. At this point what is needed to start battle thanos? I kept trying to enable another portal lock but it never came.

If you played all 6 gems (win or lose) and played Battle Royale (win or lose), spin the disc to spell Strange and then next quest is Battle Thanos.

Sounds like you were very close!

#8112 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you played all 6 gems (win or lose) and played Battle Royale (win or lose), spin the disc to spell Strange and then next quest is Battle Thanos.
Sounds like you were very close!

Yeah - if you earned the Soul Gem for the first time by beating Battle Royale - you have to go through Thanos Attacks before Battle Thanos!

#8113 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

I cant compare it to TMNT as I haven't played it but I find AIQ petty frustrating overall. Its by far my least favourite pin in my collection, also have DP, IMDN, and ACNC. I'm beginning to toy with the idea of selling or trading it. I don't find it to be an overly easy shooter at all, a good percentage of the ramps are always half ramps for me. I do like the placement of the ramps but the balls generally don't make it up for me and almost always go sdtm on the reject. All that said I'm not a great player, average at best, and I'm clearly in the minority on the game so take that into account. I love the theme, love the art package, and I don't even think the callouts are all that bad but between the rules and what I find some pretty difficult shots due to ramps or certain angles the game just hasn't clicked with me. I keep trying and plugging away at it tho hoping it will begin to turn around for me.

#8114 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

I cant compare it to TMNT as I haven't played it but I find AIQ petty frustrating overall. Its by far my least favourite pin in my collection, also have DP, IMDN, and ACNC. I'm beginning to toy with the idea of selling or trading it. I don't find it to be an overly easy shooter at all, a good percentage of the ramps are always half ramps for me. I do like the placement of the ramps but the balls generally don't make it up for me and almost always go sdtm on the reject. All that said I'm not a great player, average at best, and I'm clearly in the minority on the game so take that into account. I love the theme, love the art package, and I don't even think the callouts are all that bad but between the rules and what I find some pretty difficult shots due to ramps or certain angles the game just hasn't clicked with me. I keep trying and plugging away at it tho hoping it will begin to turn around for me.

Some thoughts on your half ramps, when I got mine I was experiencing similar issues especially with the right flipper. I took a look at the mechanisms, and the coil stops were breaking apart even though it had just gotten a few plays (I'm second owner and previous person didnt play it much). I replaced the stops and sleeves...went ahead and replaced the bushings while I was at it...gave it a good cleaning and a waxing and has been shooting like a dream since. Though right now I'm experiencing TOO strong of a couple of shots up the BW and sometimes the CM ramp where I can get random rejects from the sheer velocity, but that should subside when the wax wears down a bit. I just played the LE on location as well today and could tell their flippers were about to start losing strength as I was getting some weak ramp shots.

#8115 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Some thoughts on your half ramps, when I got mine I was experiencing similar issues especially with the right flipper. I took a look at the mechanisms, and the coil stops were breaking apart even though it had just gotten a few plays (I'm second owner and previous person didnt play it much). I replaced the stops and sleeves...went ahead and replaced the bushings while I was at it...gave it a good cleaning and a waxing and has been shooting like a dream since. Though right now I'm experiencing TOO strong of a couple of shots up the BW and sometimes the CM ramp where I can get random rejects from the sheer velocity, but that should subside when the wax wears down a bit. I just played the LE on location as well today and could tell their flippers were about to start losing strength as I was getting some weak ramp shots.

Thanks for the tip. Would this be something that would be pretty noticeable to the naked eye if I lifted the playfield? I'm very unfamiliar with the all the workings and mechanisms on pins unfortunately but am trying to learn.

#8116 2 years ago
Quoted from SharkDiver:

Thanks for the tip. Would this be something that would be pretty noticeable to the naked eye if I lifted the playfield? I'm very unfamiliar with the all the workings and mechanisms on pins unfortunately but am trying to learn.

Yeah, this is my first pin and pretty new to the stuff as well, but thankfully because I had played one already before buying this, kinda new what it was supposed to feel like (would have sucked if the location one was weak as well, then I wouldn't have noticed).

Visually I had two quick things I spotted (thanks again to other people here that pointed it out as well): a bunch of copper/metal dust shavings at the base of the cabinet underneath the flippers, and looking at one of the coil stops, the center part was actually loose and broken off from the bracket. I'll post a video I used as reference when I was looking into it at first. Primarily it was all the shavings inside the cabinet that was the more common indicator, as the left flipper was feeling very sightly sluggish also. But the broken stopper on the right one was the bigger culprit.

Keep in mind, use normal clean shots as reference (cradled or coming from a fed lane). Like for me on the right flipper, I would have a nice centered shot to black widow ramp and at least half the time would not make it all the way up. From what I've read, it's a somewhat common issue with the Stern stoppers, but it's a more problematic issue on layouts like AIQ that really depends on that flipper strength.

#8117 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

Also got tdiddys marvel ramp fix which is awesome.

Hey what is this fix? Thanks

Any other recommendations of mods for better game play. I have a AIQ Prem coming. Thanks everyone!

#8118 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Any other recommendations of mods for better game play. I have a AIQ Prem coming. Thanks everyone!

The CM fix is a little wall added to the left side of the ramp. Didn't think it would affect it much, but closing up that gap really made some of the shots crisper with much less rejects.

Outside of that, gameplay oriented mods I'm using pinhead's spinner replacement. That's giving an awesome different experience than stock. It's so smooth and looks sleek.

#8120 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

You can check out the Dr. Strange Disc mod on my Pinside market Place, just do a search for Precision Pinball Products in the market place shops. This mod is a great upgrade from the factory set up, feedback from those who have purchased and installed it really like it. It replaces the plastic disc with an all metal disc which improves both the appearance and game play.

disc installed 3 (resized).jpgdisc installed 3 (resized).jpg
#8121 2 years ago

after having this beloved game since May, I have in fact reached "Battle Thanos"...so many people to thank... I'll start with my lovely wife and children, who's vacant stares I endure whenever I mention various pinball strategies, of course the pinside academy, everyone here...maybe one day I'll get the old purple guy beyond the yellow/intermediate health bar, but I will fall asleep tonight a happy man

#8122 2 years ago

Anyone seen this before? Welds on the right return (captain marvel + scoop) just separated out of nowhere.

PXL_20210912_231512362 (resized).jpgPXL_20210912_231512362 (resized).jpgPXL_20210912_231517130 (resized).jpgPXL_20210912_231517130 (resized).jpg
#8123 2 years ago

Caps shield arrived today. Thor hammer tomorrow, and then Marvel sign on Tuesday. Then will get plexiglass and start making the topper.

31C9EF38-5696-4AF1-94E6-F8FA49A79BED (resized).jpeg31C9EF38-5696-4AF1-94E6-F8FA49A79BED (resized).jpegCC67689E-ED5C-429C-848A-93ED84FEBBBF (resized).jpegCC67689E-ED5C-429C-848A-93ED84FEBBBF (resized).jpeg
#8124 2 years ago
Quoted from hugewizard:

Anyone seen this before? Welds on the right return (captain marvel + scoop) just separated out of nowhere.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not on the exact spot, but one on location has a similar snap a couple of months ago. Not sure if they got it welded or replaced but it was fixed. Not sure if a zip tie somewhere could be a good temporary fix

#8125 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

This mod is a great upgrade from the factory set up, feedback from those who have purchased and installed it really like it.

Last night I installed the metal Dr. Strange Disk and Bearing Carrier mods from Precision Pinball Products. What an amazing difference! The disk spins faster and longer which helps increase the bonus for shots in many of the modes. The instructions were complete and easy to follow. Highly recommended!

#8126 2 years ago
Quoted from hugewizard:

Yes, my original CM wireform broke similar. I used a tie wrap to hold it in place and my distributor got me a replacement in less than 2 weeks.

#8127 2 years ago

Dr. Strange adjustment question

It feels pretty level when in the down position. When it raises I can make the shot in from the front, but rolling down from the pops the ball will just hang because the spinner isn't quite high enough.

What is the proper way to adjust the top raised height?

Also not sure if it is relevant, when a shot to the portal is made (quest or portal lock) the spinner raises a bit, then goes back to the lower position. That little bit it raises would be perfect if I could make that be the raised static height.

#8128 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Dr. Strange adjustment question
It feels pretty level when in the down position. When it raises I can make the shot in from the front, but rolling down from the pops the ball will just hang because the spinner isn't quite high enough.
What is the proper way to adjust the top raised height?
Also not sure if it is relevant, when a shot to the portal is made (quest or portal lock) the spinner raises a bit, then goes back to the lower position. That little bit it raises would be perfect if I could make that be the raised static height.

It is normal for the disc to raise a bit before it lowers as the arm rotates 360 degrees as the disc cycles from down to up, and back down. I would remove the glass and raise the playfield to the service position (resting on the rubber pads). Turn the game on and cycle the disc via the service menu, or just turn the game on and close the coin door. Once the disc lowers use a flashlight to see how much of a gap there is between the washer fixed to the bottom of the shaft and the lifting fork, and make sure that in fact the disc is level with the playfield. If the disc is level, and you can see a gap between the lifting mechanism fork and the washer fixed to the bottom of the shaft then this is normal.

If the disc is not level, you need to adjust that first. If the disc is level then depending on the gap between the washer and the lifting fork you can add a washer to the shaft between the E-Snap ring and the large lifting washer. This will cause the disc to raise higher by the thinkness of the spacing washer you install, which sounds like maybe 1/16" is all you might need. There should already one small washer in place (see photos) between the E-Snap ring and the large washer. You might just need to add one more, it really shouldn't change, but that might just do it.

Lastly, there might be a way to set the end points in the service menu, but I haven't gone that route myself yet. Hope this helps.
20210715_160959_resized (resized).jpg20210715_160959_resized (resized).jpg20210715_161023 (resized).jpg20210715_161023 (resized).jpg

#8129 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

It is normal for the disc to raise a bit before it lowers as the arm rotates 360 degrees as the disc cycles from down to up, and back down. I would remove the glass and raise the playfield to the service position (resting on the rubber pads). Turn the game on and cycle the disc via the service menu, or just turn the game on and close the coin door. Once the disc lowers use a flashlight to see how much of a gap there is between the washer fixed to the bottom of the shaft and the lifting fork, and make sure that in fact the disc is level with the playfield. If the disc is level, and you can see a gap between the lifting mechanism fork and the washer fixed to the bottom of the shaft then this is normal.
If the disc is not level, you need to adjust that first. If the disc is level then depending on the gap between the washer and the lifting fork you can add a washer to the shaft between the E-Snap ring and the large lifting washer. This will cause the disc to raise higher by the thinkness of the spacing washer you install, which sounds like maybe 1/16" is all you might need. There should already one small washer in place (see photos) between the E-Snap ring and the large washer. You might just need to add one more, it really shouldn't change, but that might just do it.
Lastly, there might be a way to set the end points in the service menu, but I haven't gone that route myself yet. Hope this helps.

Thank you. I will check and try what you have outlined. I didn't see anything in the service menu to make adjustments, just raise/lower and then test the spinner. When I first checked it out yesterday, the big plastic washer was just dangling. I put it back on, but wasn't having luck in getting the height set correctly.

#8130 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thank you. I will check and try what you have outlined. I didn't see anything in the service menu to make adjustments, just raise/lower and then test the spinner. When I first checked it out yesterday, the big plastic washer was just dangling. I put it back on, but wasn't having luck in getting the height set correctly.

If you are talking about the large white plastic threaded washer I think you mean the locking ring correct? If that was loose and not secured then most likely your threaded bearing carrier may have rotated and changed verticle position. Check the disc height to make sure it is level with the playfield by turning the bearing carrier, and then secure that locking ring to keep it set at the right height.

#8131 2 years ago

My game probably doesn’t need anything else. But a friend gave me these three figurines. I can’t find a place for hulk or Captain America. Thor could fit in a shown. How does it look?

68AE2197-97E4-4E03-9F87-A520C0EC1A1B (resized).jpeg68AE2197-97E4-4E03-9F87-A520C0EC1A1B (resized).jpeg82721AA7-ADE1-499D-950A-F7210E7E28D1 (resized).jpeg82721AA7-ADE1-499D-950A-F7210E7E28D1 (resized).jpeg
#8132 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If you are talking about the large white plastic threaded washer I think you mean the locking ring correct? If that was loose and not secured then most likely your threaded bearing carrier may have rotated and changed verticle position. Check the disc height to make sure it is level with the playfield by turning the bearing carrier, and then secure that locking ring to keep it set at the right height.

Yes the locking ring is what I was referring to.

#8133 2 years ago

I swore no mods on my game
I broke down and got the ant man mod after seeing the CM ramp fix
It’s sick
Looking at the tower mod and the tuna can for Dr strange from pin monk and the disk from pinhead

After Batman 66 I swore no more mods

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#8134 2 years ago

Just installed 1956PINHEAD Dr. Strange Disc Mod.

A quick review- It's an excellent product. Instructions were a little daunting for a noob like me, but 1956pinhead was great at helping me out. And I set a new RPM record so that makes it all good.

241650901_414515446692466_594452108926781707_n (resized).jpg241650901_414515446692466_594452108926781707_n (resized).jpg
#8135 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just installed 1956PINHEAD Dr. Strange Disc Mod.
A quick review- It's an excellent product. Instructions were a little daunting for a noob like me, but 1956pinhead was great at helping me out. And I set a new RPM record so that makes it all good. [quoted image]

Nice! Since I'm using the carrier, left out the additional bearings....think I might add them in just to see if I can break 1k. Right now I'm topping out at about 800. Its fantastic still!

It’s sick
Looking at the tower mod and the tuna can for Dr strange from pin monk and the disk from pinhead
[quoted image]

That Pym building looks soo cool. I've been on the fence as I really like seeing the wireforms as much as possible but that mod is so clean (and the tower+sanctum as well).

I just finished installing the Cliffy's shooter lane protectors and feel like its helped the auto-plunger greatly (installed the outhole drain, ant man scoop, and drop target ones as well). I think i'm at 90% minimum success plunging the full path. I still think I need to clean some of the ramp guides at the exit of the shooter lane as I'm still getting a bit of a wobble, but at that success rate, not fretting too much atm. Now that I'm done with all the performance mods/tweaking, can start playing with the aesthetics. MODS!

#8136 2 years ago

Received my pro today. Got it unboxed and set up. Turned game on and it shipped with 1.02 code. Then got message node boards 1 8 9 not found.

Reseated all connectors and still same issue. Decorate to do a fresh install of the code onto the SD card. Formatted the card and went to download code.

Well online only 1.01. Had to use it since I already formatted it. Put the SD card I’m still got the error message but loaded some video before I got the node message.

Turned it off and back on again. Found the node boards and initialized them. Game works now and plays great. So glad I picked it up.

Now can’t wait for Godzilla.

61D2A45C-0D1D-4320-A438-677D3D2739EC (resized).jpeg61D2A45C-0D1D-4320-A438-677D3D2739EC (resized).jpeg98A6F0A7-2B0A-4046-9C61-B324FD7F88EB (resized).jpeg98A6F0A7-2B0A-4046-9C61-B324FD7F88EB (resized).jpegF07C2CF9-85F0-4DD1-A5D4-4CFE1F448632 (resized).jpegF07C2CF9-85F0-4DD1-A5D4-4CFE1F448632 (resized).jpeg6398795B-358F-4092-A5C3-F976D1847F1E (resized).jpeg6398795B-358F-4092-A5C3-F976D1847F1E (resized).jpeg0B771E6C-B174-4B4C-80EC-F49A06387B4F (resized).jpeg0B771E6C-B174-4B4C-80EC-F49A06387B4F (resized).jpeg87F74AFC-3592-4826-87CE-383CEB3A23B9 (resized).jpeg87F74AFC-3592-4826-87CE-383CEB3A23B9 (resized).jpeg
#8137 2 years ago
Quoted from Sleal16:

Nice! Since I'm using the carrier, left out the additional bearings....think I might add them in just to see if I can break 1k. Right now I'm topping out at about 800. Its fantastic still!

That Pym building looks soo cool. I've been on the fence as I really like seeing the wireforms as much as possible but that mod is so clean (and the tower+sanctum as well).
I just finished installing the Cliffy's shooter lane protectors and feel like its helped the auto-plunger greatly (installed the outhole drain, ant man scoop, and drop target ones as well). I think i'm at 90% minimum success plunging the full path. I still think I need to clean some of the ramp guides at the exit of the shooter lane as I'm still getting a bit of a wobble, but at that success rate, not fretting too much atm. Now that I'm done with all the performance mods/tweaking, can start playing with the aesthetics. MODS!

@ sleal16
I did make some tests using both the bearing carrier and thrust bearings and found that it did have a small improvement. If you decide to install the thrust bearing give us an update as I would be curious to know how it worked out for you.

I will say that there is a bit of skill (and at times some luck) in learning how to strike the disc post in the sweet spot. It's not always a direct hit right at the center of the post that gets the fastest spin rates, but rather it's the glancing blow to one side that seems to work best for me, your results may vary. Thanks for purchasing and installing my mod.

#8138 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Received my pro today. Got it unboxed and set up. Turned game on and it shipped with 1.02 code. Then got message node boards 1 8 9 not found
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If the coin door is open this is the error you will get I think?

#8139 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

If the coin door is open this is the error you will get I think?

The coin door was closed and didn’t receive the warning it was open stating the 48v was disabled, which is weird. Also what’s strange is that 1.02 code is not on Sterns website.

#8140 2 years ago

Received my pro today. Got it unboxed and set up. Turned game on and it shipped with 1.02 code. Then got message node boards 1 8 9 not found.
Reseated all connectors and still same issue. Decorate to do a fresh install of the code onto the SD card. Formatted the card and went to download code.
Well online only 1.01. Had to use it since I already formatted it. Put the SD card I’m still got the error message but loaded some video before I got the node message.
Turned it off and back on again. Found the node boards and initialized them. Game works now and plays great. So glad I picked it up.
Now can’t wait for Godzilla.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, your box looks great. If my box last Thursday would have looked like your. Well I would add it to my collection.

#8141 2 years ago

It’s sick
[quoted image]

The tower and sanctum mods are brilliant - so much better than the stock plastics, I'd recommend them to everyone - they integrate so incredibly well, it's how the game should have come from the factory.

#8142 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

Think this is a game for everyone in the HUO environment. Plenty to shoot and enjoy for novice and much easier shooter than JP. Owning them both, know how much more challenging shooter wise JP is and the rules of JP, although good are somewhat monotonous compared to AIQ. The depth is there for the long haul however on AIQ. Once rules are understood, it is quite easy. Joe Kamikow a designer himself said, it is the best shooter in all of pinball in his opinion, ever. I would have to agree and the theme is good, but not my first choice. If not for the stellar layout and rules, I’d not be into AIQ most likely.

#8143 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Wow, your box looks great. If my box last Thursday would have looked like your. Well I would add it to my collection.

Yeah yours was horrible. I felt so bad for you. What did your distributor say?

#8144 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

You can check out the Dr. Strange Disc mod on my Pinside market Place, just do a search for Precision Pinball Products in the market place shops. This mod is a great upgrade from the factory set up, feedback from those who have purchased and installed it really like it. It replaces the plastic disc with an all metal disc which improves both the appearance and game play.[quoted image]

I just installed the thrust bearings under my all metal Dr Strange Disc from 1956Pinhead and its a game changer for sure. It makes all the difference in the game, since the Dr. Strange disc is really the center piece of the game. Love how when contact is made, it keeps spinning instead of a thud and just a little spin after being hit. I’ve had my machine for some time and spinning revolutions were not that great. But even from the beginning it has not rotated to my liking, till 1956Pinheads mod. This mod has given me new enthusiasm for AIQ, because it not only looks better, but has made game play for the whole family at all skill levels so much better. We all know the Dr Strange disc is the most important shot in the whole game.

#8145 2 years ago

Yeah yours was horrible. I felt so bad for you. What did your distributor say?

Asked if I even looked in box. That he seen boxes look worse than that and there was no damage.

#8146 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Asked if I even looked in box. That he seen boxes look worse than that and there was no damage.

Seriously? I still think you did the correct thing. How do you “look in the box” to see if there is damage? There is no way you will know until you remove the whole thing from the box and inspect.

#8147 2 years ago

For you folks having ramp problems with flipper fade, try "Pinmonks" flipper fans! They cool the flippers so they don't fade! Yes,I have them on mine!

#8148 2 years ago

The coin door was closed and didn’t receive the warning it was open stating the 48v was disabled, which is weird. Also what’s strange is that 1.02 code is not on Sterns website.

I got mine with 1.02 and the node board had same issue. I read the manual and it said they should all be up, but when I looked closely two of them were down. Switched them on and it works flawlessly. Love this game.

#8149 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

I got mine with 1.02 and the node board had same issue. I read the manual and it said they should all be up, but when I looked closely two of them were down. Switched them on and it works flawlessly. Love this game.

Oh crap that’s right?!! I totally forgot about that. Dammit. I will verify once I get my shaker and art blades. So much for Sterns QC if mine were not set correctly. When will the new code drop then? Since I formatted my damn SD card with 1.02.

#8150 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

For you folks having ramp problems with flipper fade, try "Pinmonks" flipper fans! They cool the flippers so they don't fade! Yes,I have them on mine!

I can't say for certain that it is flipper fade, but it sure does seem that I don't have as much power to get around the Captain Marvel ramp after 60-90 mins of play.

I had already ordered his flipper fans from Pinball Life and they should be here on Wednesday. Since installing the fans requires removing the coil stops, I will replace those too since I know Stern factory stops have a lot of failures.

I will report back after I install.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
West Hartford, CT
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 163 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/163?hl=sleal16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.