04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 255.
#8051 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Just received phone call from R +L Carriers. Were 1 hour out. Premium will be here soon. $¿!+ about to get real.

Ahhh yeah.... Nothing like when you hear that diesel engine winding down as the truck is approaching your house for a delivery. The anticipation. The hope that the box looks perfect and there are no issues. The delivery guys know it too. They know how happy we are to see them. Ahh I'm jealous. I need order another pin now just thinking about this.

#8052 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Play the game for a couple of weeks without it, then get one if you think you need it. I don't find it to be a drain monster at all, nothing compared to TWD or even Ghostbusters. I'd loosen a tilt bob before putting in a centre post or fatter posts on the outlanes all day long.

Awesome. Thank you. Do you have to drill a hole to put in the fatter post?

#8053 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

I believe posts are available that are offset - so the screw isn't in the center so you can use the original hole, but the post takes up more of the opening.

#8054 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

The post fits just fine, though the rubber gets slightly compressed. I have one on the left side of mine. It still has plenty of opportunity to drain, it just gives you more of a fighting chance at saving it.

#8055 2 years ago

Wow, two hours later it showed up. Strap broke and water down side of box.

20210909_155556 (resized).jpg20210909_155556 (resized).jpg20210909_155712_HDR (resized).jpg20210909_155712_HDR (resized).jpg20210909_160117 (resized).jpg20210909_160117 (resized).jpg
#8056 2 years ago

Just updated to 1.01. Not sure but afterwards, I am having some issues with my subway.

When the ball falls in, the pin loses track of it. I tried to test the subway entry opto and the light will go off when I break the signal but the switch does not activate in the test. I don't hear any sounds.

Any ideas?
20210909_153516 (resized).jpg20210909_153516 (resized).jpg20210909_153519 (resized).jpg20210909_153519 (resized).jpg

#8057 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm sure that made your heart skip a beat. Hope that just the box took a beating.

#8058 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The post fits just fine, though the rubber gets slightly compressed. I have one on the left side of mine. It still has plenty of opportunity to drain, it just gives you more of a fighting chance at saving it.

This right here, tho I still find it a frustrating drain monster in spite of them.

#8059 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I am having some issues with my subway.
When the ball falls in, the pin loses track of it. I tried to test the subway entry opto and the light will go off when I break the signal but the switch does not activate in the test. I don't hear any sounds.
Any ideas? [quoted image][quoted image]

Check all of the subway opto switches in test mode and make sure they are in the correct order. Some have been switched at the plug connections from the factory and it will cause some issues.

Also - make sure all (3) "fingers" are upright from the subway walking mechanism which allows the balls to stop and stage in the correct spots.

#8060 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just updated to 1.01. Not sure but afterwards, I am having some issues with my subway.
Any ideas?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Also - if you just updated code and the problem started then - make sure you didn't accidentally load PRO code.

#8061 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Ugh man. I'm so sorry to see that. Did you refuse delivery?

#8062 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88: Has anyone added an Avengers Infinity Quest Center Post Genie?</blockquote>
It’s the outlanes that tend to be greedy on this game. Unless your particular game is very drainy sdtm from the pops my opinion is that it is not needed.
I have (but have not installed) the two fatter posts for the outlanes. I chose to loosen the tilt bob instead
</blockquote

Hey which "fatter posts"? Like Siamese posts or just fatter rubbers?

#8063 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Sorry man really hope this worked out for you. Brutal!

#8064 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Ugh man. I'm so sorry to see that. Did you refuse delivery?

I'm not an owner yet. The way the box looked and the wet side was I couldn't accept delivery. My 10 year old niece came from 2 doors down because she could see the damage from her house.

#8065 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I'm not an owner yet. The way the box looked and the wet side was I couldn't accept delivery. My 10 year old niece came from 2 doors down because she could see the damage from her house.

Sorry to hear that, but you made the right call for sure. I'll make sure to play a few extra games this evening in solidarity!

#8066 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

I used a clear star post with a red Titan on the lower hole adjacent to the cabinet. I'm away from home, so I can't take a good photo.

I tried the same thing on Star Wars. The post wouldn't fit in the same spot as AIQ, so I tried on the other side of the outlane. It was a little TOO effective. A clear siamese now resides in the lower outboard hole. Just like AIQ, it just gives you a little more of a fighting chance.

20210621_104919 (resized).jpg20210621_104919 (resized).jpg
#8067 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Absolutely the right call. No chance there wouldn't have been some damage there. You deserve a perfect machine for what you paid. When that new perfect box arrives it will all be worth it.

#8068 2 years ago
Quoted from DaddyManD:

Pinball Life sells the pair….see post 8048 in this thread. I think they are just bigger than the stock posts (including the rubbers) so they close the gap a bit.

#8069 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

and the massive 'faked' box portion they put on and taped on the box. That's a horrible attempt at 'fixing things up'. Pathetic! Hopefully your turnaround isn't too bad to resolution!

#8070 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That’s crazy. How do these shipping companies let that happen? That has to be more than one mistake during transport to look that bad. Sorry this happened to you. I know it is hard to reject something that you are highly anticipating but it surely was the correct call.

#8071 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

That is a really Bummer man, it actually looks like the box fell over, or something crashed up against it. Like others have said, you made the right call to refuse delivery. If I were you I'd send those photos to Stern and your distributor/dealer you bought it from so they know not to use that trucking company (or their Sub-Tier) for future shippments.

#8072 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:and the massive 'faked' box portion they put on and taped on the box. That's a horrible attempt at 'fixing things up'. Pathetic! Hopefully your turnaround isn't too bad to resolution!

Yes I noticed that patch job too.

#8073 2 years ago

Hey folks. This is my first machine and when I opened the door today I saw this. Looks like something snapped above and landed on the white box and it settled at on the cash box and the frame of the door. Thinking it is part of the lock bars snaps from the right of machine but haven’t lifted playfield as I don’t want to gouge anything. Pretty bummed, any help would be much appreciated.

093E995B-0952-4415-A33D-E6E7C386058F (resized).jpeg093E995B-0952-4415-A33D-E6E7C386058F (resized).jpeg5A4721D7-FA04-431F-915C-4ECE7F985078 (resized).jpeg5A4721D7-FA04-431F-915C-4ECE7F985078 (resized).jpeg94E1A509-B432-42C4-A836-F8F4CB595460 (resized).jpeg94E1A509-B432-42C4-A836-F8F4CB595460 (resized).jpeg
#8074 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Hey folks. This is my first machine and when I opened the door today I saw this. Looks like something snapped above and landed on the white box and it settled at on the cash box and the frame of the door. Thinking it is part of the lock bars snaps from the right of machine but haven’t lifted playfield as I don’t want to gouge anything. Pretty bummed, any help would be much appreciated.

That's part of the flipper mech, specifically it triggers the eos switch which tells the game that your flipper is in the up position. If you (remove the balls and) lift the playfield up, you can compare to your non-broken flipper mech.

Contact your distributor and they should send you a new one. Pretty straightforward to replace but it shouldn't have broken and they dont normally.

I believe the game is fine to keep playing in the meantime, as the hold voltage on Stern machines is enabled electronically by timing, but Im not certain if that's still the case with games using the spike system.

#8075 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

That's part of the flipper mech, specifically it triggers the eos switch which tells the game that your flipper is in the up position. If you (remove the balls and) lift the playfield up, you can compare to your non-broken flipper mech.

Thank you! Will reach out now and hold out playing till it’s fixed just in case.

#8076 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Also - if you just updated code and the problem started then - make sure you didn't accidentally load PRO code.

Thanks awesome1 !

You are right. In my hurry to update, I picked the wrong code. I am such an idiot. It was driving me crazy too! Sometimes you just can't see the most obvious errors. Thanks again!

#8077 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Thank you! Will reach out now and hold out playing till it’s fixed just in case.

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-left-flipper-pawl-eos-switch-actuator.html

Just make sure you get the correct left or right version.

#8078 2 years ago
Quoted from SlamtiltAB:

Flipper EOS arm. look at your flipper mechs.

#8079 2 years ago

Sadly, I did not get to join the club just yet, had to change my order to a IM pro due to price increase uncertainty. But will still be wanting to get one in the future so I'll keep track of the club.

#8080 2 years ago

Joining the club on Monday. Pro being delivered. Can’t wait! Not a Marvel fan, more DC, but awesome pin. My wife and daughters love Marvel.

F7AED500-0952-44F2-B539-2A3A97A29112 (resized).pngF7AED500-0952-44F2-B539-2A3A97A29112 (resized).png
#8081 2 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Man, that sucks. That's pretty ballsy for them to even show up with the pin looking like that. So frustrating to pay all that money and wait months for the pin and have it show up like that.

Hopefully they can send a replacement soon!

#8082 2 years ago

464 Million Computer Frenzy Multiball Wizard Mode AIQ Premium!

#8083 2 years ago

Check out this Avengers shooter surround a local artists made! Cast and hand painted.

IMG_20210911_100005 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_100005 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_100016 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_100016 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_100032 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_100032 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_101720 (resized).jpgIMG_20210911_101720 (resized).jpg
#8084 2 years ago

Helped a friend get his AIQ set up and a AIQ Prem. It just shoots like a champ and love the wire ramps! Will fit in real nice in between my IMDN and DP. Can’t wait!

Added over 3 years ago:

I did order a AIQ Prem. typo

#8085 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Helped a friend get his AIQ set up and a AIQ Prem. It just shoots like a champ and love the wire ramps! Will fit in real nice in between my IMDN and DP. Can’t wait!

I just ordered a premium too. Maybe I'll see you at pickup!

#8086 2 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

I just ordered a premium too. Maybe I'll see you at pickup!

Two back to back ATL guys getting AIQs. Just got my premium two weeks back. Pinball Dudes in FL got 5 of them in and I jumped on it. Got the machine 5 days later. Love it.

Also got tdiddys marvel ramp fix which is awesome.

#8087 2 years ago

Decided to buy this and use for a topper. $50.00 at target. Here is a video link for it.

Link for light box at Target

https://www.target.com/p/marvel-logo-light-box/-/A-81499588

9DFF43C4-7035-43AC-BD8C-33E3F4CE1772 (resized).jpeg9DFF43C4-7035-43AC-BD8C-33E3F4CE1772 (resized).jpeg
#8088 2 years ago

BOOM! After a couple weeks of ownership I finally got that breakthrough game. This game can be frustrating but when you get things cooking…. Simply awesome. Still a long way to go to catch up to awesome1

CB2E620B-33E1-488A-B786-DA38E6DA59AE (resized).jpegCB2E620B-33E1-488A-B786-DA38E6DA59AE (resized).jpeg
#8089 2 years ago
Quoted from Insanity199:

BOOM! After a couple weeks of ownership I finally got that breakthrough game. This game can be frustrating but when you get things cooking…. Simply awesome. Still a long way to go to catch up to awesome1
[quoted image]

Nice score! Such a fun game that only gets better!

#8090 2 years ago

Happy to be in the the club with a very decked out Pro. Actually picked it up without ever playing the game, but was looking for a game that shoots well with super deep code to balance out my ACNC. Certainly delivers on both fronts!

Can’t go wrong with Super Heroes and really can’t go wrong with Zombi yeti art. Pics don’t really do the game justice. This artwork is stellar. Looking forward to figuring out how to play this thing.

6F7C8FBE-51D5-4593-8695-A75BE792ADD9 (resized).jpeg6F7C8FBE-51D5-4593-8695-A75BE792ADD9 (resized).jpeg
#8091 2 years ago

Anyone looking for a Stern shooter rod? I have one NIB. $185 delivered. Sold my LE before it arrived. Message me if interested.

#8092 2 years ago

Going to make a topper with these three items. Sign in center, Thor hammer on the left, and Caps shield on the right. Will mount them both on plexiglass. Probably clear or matte white. Will plug into service outlet. Thanks John for your help!

E8544301-DD3B-475F-8404-9D9D42706E54 (resized).jpegE8544301-DD3B-475F-8404-9D9D42706E54 (resized).jpegEEC38421-9ED6-41AE-882D-A4A02246232C (resized).pngEEC38421-9ED6-41AE-882D-A4A02246232C (resized).png59763F76-9172-4ED1-A6DE-83067B3F55B6 (resized).png59763F76-9172-4ED1-A6DE-83067B3F55B6 (resized).png

#8093 2 years ago

Been reading through the rules on pinwiki this weekend a little had some free time
Fuck this game is deep
But that’s ok ha ha

I was trying to learn how to maximize jackpots on multiballs since I really didn’t know wtf was going on otherwise but I could get multiball

Just starting to figure how to finish each quest still trying to figure what to do with the gems once I acquire abilities
I have to admit,at first,when reading the rules,it can feel a little frustrating but when you go play a little and keep referencing the rules and play more it looks like some things are becoming clear and at the same time I think ,“god damn man this is a players machine”
This game has everything it really does whether you like the game or not it’s not objective just fact .
Figure I can learn the gem modes and how best to beat them,then figure how to use them
Then figure on all the rest of this ha ha
So,so much here love it
I’m no genius and I don’t find the rules hard to understand at all if you just give it some of your free time

#8094 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Been reading through the rules on pinwiki this weekend a little had some free time
Fuck this game is deep
But that’s ok ha ha
I was trying to learn how to maximize jackpots on multiballs since I really didn’t know wtf was going on otherwise but I could get multiball
Just starting to figure how to finish each quest still trying to figure what to do with the gems once I acquire abilities
I have to admit,at first,when reading the rules,it can feel a little frustrating but when you go play a little and keep referencing the rules and play more it looks like some things are becoming clear and at the same time I think ,“god damn man this is a players machine”
This game has everything it really does whether you like the game or not it’s not objective just fact .
Figure I can learn the gem modes and how best to beat them,then figure how to use them
Then figure on all the rest of this ha ha
So,so much here love it
I’m no genius and I don’t find the rules hard to understand at all if you just give it some of your free time

Not sure if you seen this, if not it will help.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-flashcards

#8095 2 years ago

Agreed! Allen did a really nice job with everything and this definitely helps this of us that struggle with this game. I still find it to be far more frustrating than fun and overly complicated but the stream and flashcards absolutely help. Finally made it to Thanos and topped 1 billion points after owing the game for close to a year because of this thread.

#8096 2 years ago

Allen’s video is long but is filled with a lot of great information. Trust me, it is worth it to watch the whole thing. It has helped improve my game dramatically in the few weeks I have owned AIQ.

#8097 2 years ago

Help a brother out on a buy or not to buy question. Based purely on videos I love the layout, art and shots of this game but find the rules complex and kind of hard to understand (in gameplay videos). I have no possibility to play before I buy as there isn't one available in my vicinity. I'm not a skilled player and neither are my family members and based on what I have read/heard this game can be challenging. For reference, out of the newer games we love JP and Deadpool but found TMNT to be a frustrating and hard shooter. Based on the reputation of AIQ being kind of a frustrating or hard pin I have been holding back on purchasing this for a year. Do you consider this a tougher shooter than TMNT or are people referring to the rules complexity when AIQ it's called challenging? You as owners, do you see visitors or family with poor to medium skills enjoy this pin or does it more often frustrate these players?

Based on this, could AIQ Premium be a game for me or is it a game for skilled players?

#8098 2 years ago
Quoted from onyxx:

Do you consider this a tougher shooter than TMNT or are people referring to the rules complexity when AIQ it's called challenging?

TMNT is definitely a tougher shooter. The shots are close to the flippers so there is less time to read and react to missed shots. Also, TMNT doesnt really have any "gimme shots." AIQ has a pretty open playfield with shots that are further away plus shots like Black Widow and Gauntlet ramps are quite shootable.

#8100 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

Thank you
Love the rules on this game pushes you

The rules take some time to fully grasp, but this game is excellent for the home environment! Once you get the rules down little by little, it all makes sense and is not difficult to understand what to do or what is going on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 162 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/162?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.