04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 255.
#8001 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Ok a little progress. Did another switch test turns out when I hit the left flipper the opto for ball entering the through is periodically triggering and that starts the mode. Now question for the group where do I begin to troubleshoot that one?

Lift the playfield and look at the subway opto connections and optos themselves. Easy to remove the entire subway if needed.
May be an alignement issue with the opto and/or loose opto. Some have also had the optos connected in the wrong order.

#8002 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

Ok a little progress. Did another switch test turns out when I hit the left flipper the opto for ball entering the through is periodically triggering and that starts the mode. Now question for the group where do I begin to troubleshoot that one?

Just the left? Is it the upper flipper? I wonder if any type of vibration in that area would cause it. Maybe a loose connection for that opto.

Edit: I didn't see the response above before posting.....

#8003 2 years ago
Quoted from rodcom:

I would try to narrow down between a mechanical problem (loose opto transmitter or receiver) or an electronic one. With the glass off and doing the switch test, press the flipper button slowly. There are two switches, the lower flipper makes contact first. Is your false opto trigger happening with the upper, or lower flipper contacts? I'm not home to check: do the flippers actually move during the test? If they do, and it's only the upper flipper, try tapping on the playfield in that area. That would point to loose optos. Almost anything else points to a poorly seated connector.

#8004 2 years ago

When my wife plays pinball she gets the ball stuck in the strangest places. Ball is lodged under the infinity gauntlet.

208A8647-5ADE-464F-8A24-96509DA7A0DD (resized).jpeg208A8647-5ADE-464F-8A24-96509DA7A0DD (resized).jpeg
#8005 2 years ago

Got our AIQ Pro last month and it's our favorite pin...forever keeper. My son is so passionate that he made his own version. Sorry we copied you Elwin with a Gauntlet ramp and Black Widow ramp too!

20210904_165330 (resized).jpg20210904_165330 (resized).jpg

#8006 2 years ago

SirJellyCat- your wife is not alone. I fixed the problem with cone shaped clear rubber bumpers. $10. On Ebay. I see two. Nice with diffused light.

16308231063722831854102195477606 (resized).jpg16308231063722831854102195477606 (resized).jpg
#8007 2 years ago
Quoted from SirJellyCat:

When my wife plays pinball she gets the ball stuck in the strangest places. Ball is lodged under the infinity gauntlet.
[quoted image]

Quoted from Stargeezer:

SirJellyCat- your wife is not alone. I fixed the problem with cone shaped clear rubber bumpers. $10. On Ebay. I see two. Nice with diffused light.
[quoted image]

I may have gotten a little carried away, but I was getting stuck balls more often than I like. No more stuck balls now! I do play a LOT though!

IMG_1047 (resized).JPGIMG_1047 (resized).JPGIMG_1061 (resized).JPGIMG_1061 (resized).JPG
#8008 2 years ago

Couple days of ownership .Game plays out like a comic book come to life this is a awesome game
Brother picked up one new this week ad well
Anyone coming here to research it like I did just know this is a very very good game

968524FD-F375-4F24-808F-7FAAAF863A40 (resized).jpeg968524FD-F375-4F24-808F-7FAAAF863A40 (resized).jpegDCEF6D3A-56D9-4FD4-B6BB-DE4437DEE852 (resized).jpegDCEF6D3A-56D9-4FD4-B6BB-DE4437DEE852 (resized).jpegFEB4D7BA-F188-4C15-96D8-0D03AB97E306 (resized).jpegFEB4D7BA-F188-4C15-96D8-0D03AB97E306 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#8009 2 years ago
Quoted from Stargeezer:

[quoted image]

I turned down the auto launch power to 200 so the ball doesn't "fly" out of the shooter lane.

#8010 2 years ago

I just installed the art blades on this machine and I have to say.....using the wet method (alcohol and ammonia free screen cleaner) was very quick and easy. Totally recommend this method.

IMG_7800 (resized).JPGIMG_7800 (resized).JPG
#8011 2 years ago

My AIQ showed up last week. I was so excited playing it that I forgot to post. This is by far my favorite game ever. I am a huge avengers fan and the flow on this game is just awesome. And above all the art is just amazing.

589236C6-708D-4194-BFFE-AEE193EAEE99 (resized).jpeg589236C6-708D-4194-BFFE-AEE193EAEE99 (resized).jpeg76AC3446-6F81-4525-9863-AE64EE678AED (resized).jpeg76AC3446-6F81-4525-9863-AE64EE678AED (resized).jpeg
#8012 2 years ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

My AIQ showed up last week. I was so excited playing it that I forgot to post. This is by far my favorite game ever. I am a huge avengers fan and the flow on this game is just awesome. And above all the art is just amazing.[quoted image][quoted image]

How do you like your Mando pro? I had one also and sold it after 2 months. Felt empty…

#8013 2 years ago

Played a premium yesterday. I also already played the pro on Friday. I may be crazy, but I preferred the pro. Seemed to really flow better. The Strange spinner rising to lock balls was nothing that great to my daughter and me. Love the premium artwork over the pro. LE yellow wasn’t bad.

The extra loop de loop was not bad, but seems to clutter the playfield more for us. We were playing inside a brewery though in Arizona and there was no AC of course in there. Just some swamp coolers.

It was just really warm in there. So that may have something to do with why didn’t enjoy it as much. Those who played both, what do you think?

901C5C2E-6ADA-4038-B157-A710F6A5079B (resized).jpeg901C5C2E-6ADA-4038-B157-A710F6A5079B (resized).jpeg0ECE8330-D636-4F72-81FC-3F36BA60616B (resized).jpeg0ECE8330-D636-4F72-81FC-3F36BA60616B (resized).jpeg4C04B178-751E-4408-BF4F-405F8012A314 (resized).jpeg4C04B178-751E-4408-BF4F-405F8012A314 (resized).jpeg5C7DF9A3-68DB-4934-969B-0B1BC7F9A409 (resized).jpeg5C7DF9A3-68DB-4934-969B-0B1BC7F9A409 (resized).jpeg

F8E28F8E-7609-424D-A9DC-014FF0A4C226 (resized).jpegF8E28F8E-7609-424D-A9DC-014FF0A4C226 (resized).jpeg

#8014 2 years ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

Played a premium yesterday. I also already played the pro on Friday. I may be crazy, but I preferred the pro. Seemed to really flow better. The Strange spinner rising to lock balls was nothing that great to my daughter and me. Love the premium artwork over the pro. LE yellow wasn’t bad.
The extra loop de loop was not bad, but seems to clutter the playfield more for us. We were playing inside a brewery though in Arizona and there was no AC of course in there. Just some swamp coolers.
It was just really warm in there. So that may have something to do with why didn’t enjoy it as much. Those who played both, what do you think?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow, modded LE’s on location!

I haven’t played a pro yet, but love my premium and all of the “extras”!

#8015 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Played both versions. Love my premium and it won’t be leaving anytime soon. Pro felt empty.

#8016 2 years ago

Hi, everyone, I joined the club a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying the game. Thanks for all of the helpful posts in this thread!

I had an issue where the spinning disc became loose on the rod, so the plastic disc was wobbly and didn’t always turn the rod when it spun. In order to fix this I removed the disc assembly (using the steps described in Stern’s “Avengers IQ Premium/LE Disc Leveling Bushing” instructions: https://o.pinside.com/f/f6/22/ff622811a56579c315112da0ea11441c518ca2a5.pdf), took the disc apart, and tightened the screw holding the disc to the rod (#8 in the diagram).

After this fix, the disc is nice and tight on the rod (with no wobble), but I noticed that solid hits to the disc no longer resulted in many spins. Instead, the ball hitting the disc makes a sort of buzzing sound, and this vibration seems to suck away all of the energy of the shot. See video below:

You can see that the disc (usually) spins freely when I spin it by hand, but this vibration/buzzing seems to cause the disc to not spin well when actually hit by the ball. I also get this buzzing when spinning the disc in the “UP” position, so it is not interference between the disc and ring/playfield. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas for things to check? Are there things that I might have done wrong in removing/disassembling the disk?

I’m not very mechanically inclined, so please feel free to recommend obvious things to check! Thanks in advance!

AEEE4B34-138C-4BCB-9DE2-AB631CB18409 (resized).jpegAEEE4B34-138C-4BCB-9DE2-AB631CB18409 (resized).jpeg
#8017 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Wow, modded LE’s on location!
I haven’t played a pro yet, but love my premium and all of the “extras”!

Yeah it’s crazy how many LEs were there. Also premiums. No pro’s. Dead Pool also had pin stadiums.

Quoted from CashMoney:

Played both versions. Love my premium and it won’t be leaving anytime soon. Pro felt empty.

Thanks for your reply. Appreciate it.

#8018 2 years ago
Quoted from Williamson:

Hi, everyone, I joined the club a few weeks ago and have been really enjoying the game. Thanks for all of the helpful posts in this thread!
I had an issue where the spinning disc became loose on the rod, so the plastic disc was wobbly and didn’t always turn the rod when it spun. In order to fix this I removed the disc assembly (using the steps described in Stern’s “Avengers IQ Premium/LE Disc Leveling Bushing” instructions: https://o.pinside.com/f/f6/22/ff622811a56579c315112da0ea11441c518ca2a5.pdf), took the disc apart, and tightened the screw holding the disc to the rod (#8 in the diagram).
After this fix, the disc is nice and tight on the rod (with no wobble), but I noticed that solid hits to the disc no longer resulted in many spins. Instead, the ball hitting the disc makes a sort of buzzing sound, and this vibration seems to suck away all of the energy of the shot. See video below:
You can see that the disc (usually) spins freely when I spin it by hand, but this vibration/buzzing seems to cause the disc to not spin well when actually hit by the ball. I also get this buzzing when spinning the disc in the “UP” position, so it is not interference between the disc and ring/playfield. Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas for things to check? Are there things that I might have done wrong in removing/disassembling the disk?
I’m not very mechanically inclined, so please feel free to recommend obvious things to check! Thanks in advance! [quoted image]

Have you set the gap according to page 3 in this adjustment procedure?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/84#post-6052220

Sounds like something is rubbing/binding. If above doesn't work, I would slowly rotate the disc with the playfield up to help narrow it down.

#8019 2 years ago

[quoted image]

Played both and think you can’t go wrong with either. AIQ is a master piece layout of a pinball game. Incredible depth for software, but simple to have fun for those that don’t care about rules and longevity in an HUO environment. While I enjoy playing the pro; because most of the rules are there, AIQ premium has so much more, if economy is not the issue, go for all the extras. If you ever sell in the future, there shouldn’t be any issue getting your money back. Think AIQ is only going to gain in popularity as people discover its genius.

#8020 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Played both and think you can’t go wrong with either. AIQ is a master piece layout of a pinball game. Incredible depth for software, but simple to have fun for those that don’t care about rules and longevity in an HUO environment. While I enjoy playing the pro; because most of the rules are there, AIQ premium has so much more, if economy is not the issue, go for all the extras. If you ever sell in the future, there shouldn’t be any issue getting your money back. Think AIQ is only going to gain in popularity as people discover its genius.

That’s very true about the premium. It will be probably easier to sell down the line and make my money back. The pro is definitely a blast and do love the loop de loop wire form ramp. Appreciate your reply. Made some good points.

#8021 2 years ago
Quoted from Williamson:

I’m not very mechanically inclined, so please feel free to recommend obvious things to check! Thanks in advance! [quoted image]

On the bottom of part “7” there is a washer and “e” chip. Maybe touching the lifting mechanism causing friction. Check the distance between the washer and the mech.

Also, Precision Pinball makes a very nice replacement product.

#8022 2 years ago

I owned the Le and for me the extra are worth the price of admission. The rising portal disc is awesome and the captain marvel ramp is awesome too. The portal is neither here nor there but it’s kind of cool.

#8023 2 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I owned the Le and for me the extra are worth the price of admission. The rising portal disc is awesome and the captain marvel ramp is awesome too. The portal is neither here nor there but it’s kind of cool.

How come you got rid of it? Thanks for your post.

#8024 2 years ago
Quoted from Williamson:

@Williamson, I've probably had this mechanism apart more than anyone that owns this game while developing my Disc Mod. It looks from the video that the disc spins as it should when its down, but when the disc is up it should not spin freely because there is a lot of friction between the lift mechanism and the large washer fixed to the bottom of the shaft that the lift mechansim pushes against.

When the disc is being raised there is no reason for it to spin, so that shouldn't be of concern. What is important is that the disc spin freely when down, so I would check the clearances bewteen the sensor and the small magnet at the base of the shaft, it should be between 1/32" minimum to 1/16" maxium gap. Also that vibration noise is most likely coming from the base of the plastic rubbing against the bronze bushing it rests on, it's not the best set up, but it works.

If you want the ultimate set up for the disc suggest you invest in my disc mod, it comes with complete instructions for installation and set up. It incorporates a Thrust Bearing that sits between the disc and the bronze bushing, so it eliminates the drag and friction between the moving parts. I'd go back and check to make sure you don't have something rubbing causing the issue.

#8025 2 years ago

Thanks everyone for your responses!

Quoted from awesome1:

Have you set the gap according to page 3 in this adjustment procedure?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/84#post-6052220
Sounds like something is rubbing/binding. If above doesn't work, I would slowly rotate the disc with the playfield up to help narrow it down.

I did set the gap after reinstalling the disc assembly, and I had an FS reading in the 400’s in all positions. I had a look, and the proper gap is still there, so I don’t think the magnet is rubbing on the sensor.

Quoted from c818919taylor:

On the bottom of part “7” there is a washer and “e” chip. Maybe touching the lifting mechanism causing friction. Check the distance between the washer and the mech.
Also, Precision Pinball makes a very nice replacement product.

I had a look at this washer, and it seems to have plenty of clearance as the disc rotates. I also removed the nut, washer, and clamp, and I still sometimes hear the buzzing when I spin the disc, so it doesn’t seem to be any of those components interfering. It’s almost like the rod itself is buzzing against the brass bushing under the jam nut?

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Also that vibration noise is most likely coming from the base of the plastic rubbing against the bronze bushing it rests on, it's not the best set up, but it works.

Or, maybe this is what is going on. Just curious; do others with a factory disk hear this “buzzing”/vibration when they hit the disc post with a pinball with the glass off? For an example, see the video in my previous post. If so, maybe this is normal.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If you want the ultimate set up for the disc suggest you invest in my disc mod, it comes with complete instructions for installation and set up. It incorporates a Thrust Bearing that sits between the disc and the bronze bushing, so it eliminates the drag and friction between the moving parts. I'd go back and check to make sure you don't have something rubbing causing the issue.

Thanks for the suggestion; your mod looks great, and I would consider investing in one even if I get my plastic disc fixed!

#8026 2 years ago
Quoted from Williamson:

It’s almost like the rod itself is buzzing against the brass bushing under the jam nut?

I would consider investing in one even if I get my plastic disc fixed!

Too much or not enough clearance between the shaft and brass bushing or imperfections in the shaft and/or bushings? The bottom of the disk and the top of the mech (inside the lock) look smooth and not of interest?
Seems like is gets off axis just enough…suspect a clearance issue

Precision Pinballs mod is how it should have been manufactured.

Wrong costs at the right price. Typical of modern commercial manufacturing (FAR Part12). Funny about the rule of law and FAR Part 46.

#8027 2 years ago
Quoted from Williamson:

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I did set the gap after reinstalling the disc assembly, and I had an FS reading in the 400’s in all positions. I had a look, and the proper gap is still there, so I don’t think the magnet is rubbing on the sensor.

I had a look at this washer, and it seems to have plenty of clearance as the disc rotates. I also removed the nut, washer, and clamp, and I still sometimes hear the buzzing when I spin the disc, so it doesn’t seem to be any of those components interfering. It’s almost like the rod itself is buzzing against the brass bushing under the jam nut?

Or, maybe this is what is going on. Just curious; do others with a factory disk hear this “buzzing”/vibration when they hit the disc post with a pinball with the glass off? For an example, see the video in my previous post. If so, maybe this is normal.

Thanks for the suggestion; your mod looks great, and I would consider investing in one even if I get my plastic disc fixed!

I've been fiddling with the spinner disc for a couple of weeks and part of the symptoms are seeming identical to what I was experiencing. The OEM fix is getting the leveling kit replacement. Forgot what its called exactly, bushing carrier? That needs to be replaced (either by stern or 1956pinhead carrier upgrade is a fantastic improvement). My issue was directly related to the copper bushings becoming loose during spin/lift/lowering. The very slight angle of the rod created from not having the bushing in place was causing too much friction and you can hear the metal-on-metal rubbing sound. Also with that friction the lift assembly would get stuck trying to lift the rod. Think when you spin it by hand you create enough force to have it spin "centered" but when hit by the ball getting it to spin from an already compromised position is preventing it to get it started.

A temporary fix if it is the bushing popping off from the carrier is very carefully applying some super glue to the bushing to have it stay in its spot. Either way, check the status of those bushing first.

#8028 2 years ago

After a couple days with the game all was well
Now I’m noticing I having issues with the subway moving the balls along
Like,if I have 1 or 2 portal locks in there then start the quest,it just gives me one
It’s confusing the game
Any leads to point me in the right direction would be much appreciated

#8029 2 years ago

Weird
Did a glass off test to see if it’s one or two locks that’s causing the issue and now it works fine
I don’t get it
The subway was acting up I swear ha ha
Seems like the balls needs to be nudge over just a hair and it would notice them when it was having the issue

#8030 2 years ago

Had a great weekend tinkering with my AIQ Premium. Thank you for all the suggestions regarding the art blade installation! I ended up going with playfield in and dry - although if I have to do it again as a solo person I'll probably do wet. I think if my wife had been on the other side of the cabinet (she was out at the time) I think Dry is easily doable. There was some panic but the real MVP was actually the cut out in the art blade for the bolt towards the back, using that as a guide allowed me to fit them pretty damn nicely.

Additionally I installed the spinner mod from 1956Pinhead and, aside from needing to go to a few hardware stores to find a 4.5 mm wrench (this is the size you absolutely need to get any torque to undo the bolt on the bottom of the shaft) and the disc looks and spins beautifully. Highly recommend his mod!

I have some Pinstadiums on their way but I'm debating whether I install them on AIQ, my current MBr SE or wait until I know I'll inevitably trade / sell my AIQ for a deadpool - my most wanted machine at the moment. If I do install them and want to sell do most people remove and re-install elsewhere or just keep in for the sale and tack on the price of the Pinstadiums to the total re-sale value? They seem like they'd be easy to transfer but that's coming from someone with 0 experience.

#8031 2 years ago

Thanks again for the responses!

Too much or not enough clearance between the shaft and brass bushing or imperfections in the shaft and/or bushings? The bottom of the disk and the top of the mech (inside the lock) look smooth and not of interest?
Seems like is gets off axis just enough…suspect a clearance issue

Those interfaces, the shaft, and bushings look and feel ok, from what I can tell. Maybe there is a little bit of extra clearance between the rod and bushing, as I can move the disk a very tiny bit from side to side while it is in place? Or maybe this is normal…

Quoted from Sleal16:

Forgot what its called exactly, bushing carrier? That needs to be replaced (either by stern or 1956pinhead carrier upgrade is a fantastic improvement).

My machine is new from Cointaker with 1.02 code, so I assume it would already have this Stern upgrade?

Quoted from Sleal16:

A temporary fix if it is the bushing popping off from the carrier is very carefully applying some super glue to the bushing to have it stay in its spot. Either way, check the status of those bushing first.

The bushing is fortunately still in place. I don’t see any obvious issues with the bushings.

Precision Pinballs mod is how it should have been manufactured.

This advice seems to be universal. Rather than continuing to tinker with it, I have ordered both the disc mod and bearing carrier mod. I’m looking forward to putting them in and seeing how the disc performs!

#8032 2 years ago

Good Morning,

I have built this new mod for the AIQ.
When you move your pinball machine or when the shaker motor activates the hammer moves , watch the video!

If you are interested to buy it you can contact me by MP or buy here : https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1338-pino-pinball-mods-shop/05357-thor-hammer

Have a nice day !

IMG_2913 (resized).JPGIMG_2913 (resized).JPGIMG_2917 (resized).JPGIMG_2917 (resized).JPGIMG_2914 (resized).JPGIMG_2914 (resized).JPG
#8033 2 years ago

I thought I read that there is modified software for AIQ with movie callouts but I can not find it. Anyone have a link?

#8034 2 years ago

Well, after 2800+ games it was my turn to have issues with the Subway Walking Lock Assembly. Like others - the last finger wouldn't come all the way up.

After inspecting, there is too much deflection and slop in the arm assembly so the finger could wedge in-between the moving part and the body. I made a lexan piece that screwed on to keep the moving arm from pushing put too much so the finger couldn't get in-between, but not so tight it would cause drag.

Got in a 900 Million test game and all is working well!

IMG_1306 (resized).JPGIMG_1306 (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (resized).JPGIMG_1307 (resized).JPG
#8035 2 years ago

I have the best and simplest fix for the subway mech. Take the factory washer from the plastic cam (pic 1) and replace it with any washer that will work (I used a washer for a machine screw). Now take the e-clips off the the subway mech and place it where I put it in pic 2. This is the perfect thickness to compensate the slack and prevent the finger from falling down and getting stuck. I have played hundreds of games with no fault! Permanent fix!

Subway Fix 1 (resized).jpgSubway Fix 1 (resized).jpgSubway fix 2 (resized).jpgSubway fix 2 (resized).jpg
#8036 2 years ago
Quoted from MartinAcoustic:

I have the best and simplest fix for the subway mech. Take the factory washer from the plastic cam (pic 1) and replace it with any washer that will work (I used a washer for a machine screw). Now take the e-clips off the the subway mech and place it where I put it in pic 2. This is the perfect thickness to compensate the slack and prevent the finger from falling down and getting stuck. I have played hundreds of games with no fault! Permanent fix!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice one! Whatever works to keep us playing!

#8037 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

I thought I read that there is modified software for AIQ with movie callouts but I can not find it. Anyone have a link?

Don't think it exists. Not sure who was working on it or if the project is still underway, but I don't believe it was ever finished. I hope it does see the light of day as plenty of folks would probably love it.

#8038 2 years ago

Started playing with the browser app yesterday. Also tried out someone's MCU edits/inserts. Fun stuff. Kinda motivated to mess around with what I can come up with as well. Someone mentioned the game was based off the second season of the show? Might be interesting to kinda mix some of the MCU OST with show clips. I'll have to hunker down and watch at least those episodes and see what it has to offer.

#8039 2 years ago

Found this thread. I’m excited to try it out. I thought someone was working on updated video and souns though

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod#post-6483115

Quoted from per3per3:

Don't think it exists. Not sure who was working on it or if the project is still underway, but I don't believe it was ever finished. I hope it does see the light of day as plenty of folks would probably love it.

#8040 2 years ago
Quoted from Xdetroit:

Found this thread. I’m excited to try it out. I thought someone was working on updated video and souns though
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/avengers-infinity-quest-spider-soundmod#post-6483115

Yeah, thats the one. Some of the videos were not popping up though =/ . I could see it in the browser but would not play during the game. The one specifically that stood out was the bonus end of ball video. It would still have the image/video loop of whatever i was currently doing when the ball drained.

#8041 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I'm trying to decide between a Pro and a Premium, I've watched lots of video of both versions but haven't played a Pro and only 5-10 games on a Premium early on. Maybe actual owners can help sway me one way or the other.
Pro owners: How do you feel about the missing Premium features? The Captain Marvel ramp looks awesome but do you really miss it when playing a Pro? Also, I like the Portal Locks and Gem Quest start at the lifting Disc, are there any downsides to starting Gem Quests at the right ramp?
Premium owners: What are your thoughts on the Premium features? Are you underwhelmed by any of them?

When I played the pro a little I knew I wanted and was going to get the game.After 3 days went by that feeling didn’t go away like it usually does for me

I bought a premium after a lot of research into reviews on the game and that just made me more jacked to the t&@s to get one,and since I brought it home I’m not underwhelmed at all

The pro is great so is the premium

I don’t buy many new games last one was Batman 66 I’m not a frequent buyer most of my stuff is 80s-90s so take what I say with a grain of salt but you can’t go wrong .

Avengers is a fantastic game.I love the premium the CM ramp and subway,itself,gives me a moment to think about where i am in the moment of the game and a breather so it is a great lock and serves a purpose for me.
I have read a lot of comics and this game to me plays out like a comic book come to life not a cartoon strip in the papers takes some time to go through sometimes when you plunge the first ball on this beast.

Plus god damn what a shooter

Good luck

#8042 2 years ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

When I played the pro a little I knew I wanted and was going to get the game.After 3 days went by that feeling didn’t go away like it usually does for me
I bought a premium after a lot of research into reviews on the game and that just made me more jacked to the t&@s to get one,and since I brought it home I’m not underwhelmed at all
The pro is great so is the premium
I don’t buy many new games last one was Batman 66 I’m not a frequent buyer most of my stuff is 80s-90s so take what I say with a grain of salt but you can’t go wrong .
Avengers is a fantastic game.I love the premium the CM ramp and subway,itself,gives me a moment to think about where i am in the moment of the game and a breather so it is a great lock and serves a purpose for me.
I have read a lot of comics and this game to me plays out like a comic book come to life not a cartoon strip in the papers takes some time to go through sometimes when you plunge the first ball on this beast.
Plus god damn what a shooter
Good luck

I own a Pro now for 1 month and to me it is perfect. With that being said it is the FIRST pin I have ever considered upgrading to Prem/LE only because we love it so much! With that being said I have not played a Prem/LE and so since the Pro is in my view so perfect, I don't plan to upgrade to Prem/LE, at least not until I play one. The Pro is that good in my view. I gather that both games are near perfect and so owners will likely feel their version (Pro or Prem/LE) is thus perfection!

#8043 2 years ago

Well I decided to get the pro. I was able to get one for $5800 NIB shipped. I felt the premium wasn’t worth the upcharge nor did my daughter. We preferred the pro over the premium and felt the pro had better flow and felt less cluttered.

My daughter has ADD and on the premium she said there was so much there with the extra ramp that it was hard for her to focus.

Has anyone added an Avengers Infinity Quest Center Post Genie? I know GB needed this but does AIQ need it? Thanks and can’t wait to get my pin. I am not a big Marvel fan but this pin is amazing.

281E855F-64D6-4D0E-B49B-6963F879DB4F (resized).jpeg281E855F-64D6-4D0E-B49B-6963F879DB4F (resized).jpeg
#8044 2 years ago

Well I decided to get the pro. I was able to get one for $5800 NIB shipped. I felt the premium wasn’t worth the upcharge nor did my daughter. We preferred the pro over the premium and felt the pro had better flow and felt less cluttered.
My daughter has ADD and on the premium she said there was so much there with the extra ramp that it was hard for her to focus.
Has anyone added an Avengers Infinity Quest Center Post Genie? I know GB needed this but does AIQ need it? Thanks and can’t wait to get my pin. I am not a big Marvel fan but this pin is amazing.
[quoted image]

The outlanes are much more likely to steal your ball than the center I bet.

#8045 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Completely agree...about 80% of my drains are outlanes.

#8046 2 years ago
Has anyone added an Avengers Infinity Quest Center Post Genie?</blockquote>

It’s the outlanes that tend to be greedy on this game. Unless your particular game is very drainy sdtm from the pops my opinion is that it is not needed.

I have (but have not installed) the two fatter posts for the outlanes. I chose to loosen the tilt bob instead

#8047 2 years ago

Hah! The consensus is forming quickly on this question….

#8048 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ok cool. Thank you!

Quoted from per3per3:

Completely agree...about 80% of my drains are outlanes.

And another vote towards saving $25.00
Thank you

Quoted from Eightball88: Has anyone added an Avengers Infinity Quest Center Post Genie?</blockquote>
It’s the outlanes that tend to be greedy on this game. Unless your particular game is very drainy sdtm from the pops my opinion is that it is not needed.
I have (but have not installed) the two fatter posts for the outlanes. I chose to loosen the tilt bob instead
</blockquote

So you bought the outlane post genie then? See pic.

Thanks for everyone’s feedback. Much appreciated.

A3178AB9-CF41-4AB0-80AA-BB16A1110747 (resized).jpegA3178AB9-CF41-4AB0-80AA-BB16A1110747 (resized).jpeg
#8049 2 years ago

Just received phone call from R +L Carriers. Were 1 hour out. Premium will be here soon. $¿!+ about to get real.

#8050 2 years ago

Ok cool. Thank you!

And another vote towards saving $25.00
Thank you

So you bought the outlane post genie then? See pic.
Thanks for everyone’s feedback. Much appreciated.
[quoted image]

Play the game for a couple of weeks without it, then get one if you think you need it. I don't find it to be a drain monster at all, nothing compared to TWD or even Ghostbusters. I'd loosen a tilt bob before putting in a centre post or fatter posts on the outlanes all day long.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

8,924 (OBO)
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 161 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/161?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.