IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 256.
#7501 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The posts are indeed tapered slim. [quoted image]

Quoted from gorditas:

The posts are indeed tapered slim. I suggest ordering red and blue for those, and using them to match artwork colors [quoted image]

Thanks bud. I contacted Titan and had my flippers switched to low bounce, and also added color options for the post sleeves.

#7502 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Thanks bud. I contacted Titan and had my flippers switched to low bounce, and also added color options for the post sleeves.

You are welcome. Titan makes great products, and has awesome service. Don't forget to stretch those flipper rubbers over the larger radius end of the flipper to keep them from breaking. They'll likely be discolored at first after being stretched: pull them around like a drive belt, and the color will return.

#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hmmm, I've literally played AIQ thousands of times now and have not had this happen.
What code are you running?

v1.01

#7504 2 years ago

Has anyone powdered their LE coin door to match the yellow? I’m considering it but I’d love to see it first. Powder coated coin doors are hit and miss for me.

#7505 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

Has anyone powdered their LE coin door to match the yellow? I’m considering it but I’d love to see it first. Powder coated coin doors are hit and miss for me.

Looks like this guy did it to his LE:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/117308

#7506 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So both Soul Gem quest and Black Order did this to me last night in the same game. Lots of level ups, but got the min "collected" bonus for every Avenger. Anyone else seeing this? It's not every game but not sure what triggers it.

I'd be interested to see if this bug carries over to the pro as well, haven't had it happen ever. I had a premium spit out two balls during Soul Gem and Black order, but not what you're describing.

#7507 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I'd be interested to see if this bug carries over to the pro as well, haven't had it happen ever. I had a premium spit out two balls during Soul Gem and Black order, but not what you're describing.

The only time I've seen the two balls during Soul or BoM is when the teeth in the subway mech aren't working right, so the ball doesn't block the opto anymore

#7508 2 years ago

K I have to admit AIQ IMO is one of the best pins ever. Out of 7 pins it's the one pin I don't get sick of and actually crave playing. Finally collected 4 gems today missed 5(soul gem) by not hitting the final shot. Even had 12 shots to do it. I just cracked u set pressure lol

My question is are there any other pins that have a similar feel/game play? I also really enjoy GOTG with the modes and different ways you can approach it.

I currently have DP, TMNT, MM, TWD, GOTG, EHOH, JP2 and MANDO coming. Out of all of them though AIQ & GOTG are really the only ones that excite me. Would love to find another pin that's similar.

Also lots of great information on this thread and have learned a lot about AIQ from this group.

#7509 2 years ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

K I have to admit AIQ IMO is one of the best pins ever. Out of 7 pins it's the one pin I don't get sick of and actually crave playing. Finally collected 4 gems today missed 5(soul gem) by not hitting the final shot. Even had 12 shots to do it. I just cracked u set pressure lol
My question is are there any other pins that have a similar feel/game play? I also really enjoy GOTG with the modes and different ways you can approach it.
I currently have DP, TMNT, MM, TWD, GOTG, EHOH, JP2 and MANDO coming. Out of all of them though AIQ & GOTG are really the only ones that excite me. Would love to find another pin that's similar.
Also lots of great information on this thread and have learned a lot about AIQ from this group.

Jurassic park has a similar feel in my opinion. Same designer and awesome flow but you own it. I would say maiden for you

#7510 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

Joined the club this evening, Graysonsdad I ended up with your old machine, it has found its way back to the Hammer

Awesome. It should still be dialed in perfectly. I only sold it in May. Enjoy!

#7511 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Awesome. It should still be dialed in perfectly. I only sold it in May. Enjoy!

I just broke your custom plastic on the Captain Marvel ramp this morning so it’s getting played! Nice work on the rules manual… this game is complicated… I like complicated.

#7512 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

I just broke your custom plastic on the Captain Marvel ramp this morning so it’s getting played! Nice work on the rules manual… this game is complicated… I like complicated.

Wow! Broke or popped off? That was some thick lexan.

#7513 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Wow! Broke or popped off? That was some thick lexan.

It’s busted, I may have caught it from the backside off an air ball deflection, I haven’t played it long but I have had some crazy air balls on it.

#7514 2 years ago
Quoted from roar:

It’s busted, I may have caught it from the backside off an air ball deflection, I haven’t played it long but I have had some crazy air balls on it.

Check you disc level. I had airballs when I first got it. Adjusting the Strange disc fixed that.

#7515 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Jurassic park has a similar feel in my opinion. Same designer and awesome flow but you own it. I would say maiden for you

2 Great Games, JP and Maiden, Avengers still have a lot to get better

#7516 2 years ago

Complete CRAZINESS Tonight! 6 Billion!

I've been playing this game a lot! Almost doubled my high score this game. One of those games where I had my mojo working and was able to keep it going. Hour and a half game! 3 ball, factory settings.

Made it past second Black Order Multiball. Almost to second Computer Frenzy and ended with 40 Trophies!

IMG_E1099 (resized).JPGIMG_E1099 (resized).JPGIMG_1085 (resized).JPGIMG_1085 (resized).JPGIMG_1083 (resized).JPGIMG_1083 (resized).JPG
#7517 2 years ago

I recently picked up this game a couple of weeks ago. Noticed the 3rd flipper's rubber had a piece missing out of it. Replaced it with a rubber from Comet Pinball and now a piece of that rubber is missing. It's on the tip of the flipper. I noticed on my Jurassic Park, there is a post in front of the 3rd flipper but this game doesn't have that. Has anyone else had this issue. Is there a fix?

#7518 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Complete CRAZINESS Tonight! 6 Billion!
I've been playing this game a lot! Almost doubled my high score this game. One of those games where I had my mojo working and was able to keep it going. Hour and a half game! 3 ball, factory settings.
Made it past second Black Order Multiball. Almost to second Computer Frenzy and ended with 40 Trophies!

Amazing game. Now that you've done all the game has to offer, are you over it, ready to sell and move on? Or still enjoy the game and looking to keep it?

When I thoroughly beat a game, like you've done here to AIQ, I usually get the urge to get something new in its place.

#7519 2 years ago
Quoted from 67cutlass:

I recently picked up this game a couple of weeks ago. Noticed the 3rd flipper's rubber had a piece missing out of it. Replaced it with a rubber from Comet Pinball and now a piece of that rubber is missing. It's on the tip of the flipper. I noticed on my Jurassic Park, there is a post in front of the 3rd flipper but this game doesn't have that. Has anyone else had this issue. Is there a fix?

That upper flipper can take a beating... Superband flipper rubber works well there since they are polyurethane.

#7520 2 years ago

What does cn9 do? I had to unplug it in order to power my speaker light kit.

#7521 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Amazing game. Now that you've done all the game has to offer, are you over it, ready to sell and move on? Or still enjoy the game and looking to keep it?
When I thoroughly beat a game, like you've done here to AIQ, I usually get the urge to get something new in its place.

Thank you! Yeah, I tend to almost exclusively concentrate on the new game in my collection until I beat it. Still love AIQ, but good game times are pretty long. I may try to increase difficulty, not sure yet. I like the theme and game, so don't want to sell it. Not yet anyway. Games can lose their luster a bit though after you've done all there is, no doubt about it.

A new game to conquer is always nice, but I only have room for 5 games setup in my collection (already have Data East JP in storage in my garage to make room for AIQ back in November) and with the price of games lately, most likely will have to sell something to help fund the next one.

#7522 2 years ago

Today finally had some time to play on it. GREAT GAME! Lovely flow!

Only the white bulbs, thinking of changing this into yellow ones. More owners did this? Would be great if you can share a photo

#7523 2 years ago
Quoted from drwicket:

What does cn9 do? I had to unplug it in order to power my speaker light kit.

This connection was never used from the factory until Avengers: IQ. If it is used from the factory it provides +12vdc to the 9 holed connection that hangs on the back of the coin-door for bill validators. Even if you are using a 120vac bill validator.....having that CN9 factory connection unplugged is fine, as it is only needed to be used from the factory if you are using that 9 holed connection on the back of the coin-door for a +12vdc bill validator.

I have this explained on my website from the page where effected Speaker Light Kits are purchased.

http://www.speakerlightkits.com/Power-Type-11.html

Doug (SpeakerLightKits.com)

#7524 2 years ago

Thanks!

#7526 2 years ago

New to the club, just be finished our game room and got AIQ and JP. Spent a little time making adjustments here and there but have noticed some issues that I can't really resolve. Contacted tech support and after a few emails they have ghosted me. Looking for the best places to find troubleshooting. My AiQ bobbles pretty bad when the tower magnet releases so instead of heading towards the upper flipper it moves out across the disk making the Hawkeye shot a non starter. Also having an issue with the manual plunger, not making the ramp at all not matter how I do it. The auto will unless it launches forcefully into the back of the case. Between this and getting my JP to make the loop out of the start consistently I'm sufficiently frustrated. Feel like I have had these open as much as I have played them so far...Any suggestions are appreciated.

#7527 2 years ago
Quoted from Shwoodee:

New to the club, just be finished our game room and got AIQ and JP. Spent a little time making adjustments here and there but have noticed some issues that I can't really resolve. Contacted tech support and after a few emails they have ghosted me. Looking for the best places to find troubleshooting. My AiQ bobbles pretty bad when the tower magnet releases so instead of heading towards the upper flipper it moves out across the disk making the Hawkeye shot a non starter. Also having an issue with the manual plunger, not making the ramp at all not matter how I do it. The auto will unless it launches forcefully into the back of the case. Between this and getting my JP to make the loop out of the start consistently I'm sufficiently frustrated. Feel like I have had these open as much as I have played them so far...Any suggestions are appreciated.

For the tower drop, check the ball guide at the bottom of the tower and make sure it’s straight up and down, mine was slightly bent and I had to bend it back to stop that same symptom. For the manual plunge, at full power I was only making it around maybe 40% of the time, I replaced the spring on the shooter rod with a stronger one and it’s up to about 90% now - think I got a weak spring…

If you do end up having to bend that ball guide, I usually put a towel over it and one on the playfield and firmly but slowly bend it with a channel lock type pliers.

#7528 2 years ago
Quoted from allhokie3:

Is the topper worth it for the added mode? Just got mine in and haven’t installed it yet, might end up selling cause I haven’t heard anything about the mode. Figured this was the best place to ask.

It could be fun in a multi-player setting where folks are competitive and fighting for the extra points from the mode, unfortunately most of my friends struggle to collect one gem a game let alone compete for that perk.

#7529 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

unfortunately most of my friends struggle to collect one gem a game let alone compete for that perk.

That was why I ultimately sold the game recently. The code is not fun for casual players, in my opinion. I'm probably one of the biggest Avengers/Marvel fans you will meet so it pained me a lot to let the game go, but neither myself nor my family could get past the code/skill barrier.

#7530 2 years ago

The topper definitely keeps me pushing the start button. I haven’t really spent a whole lot of time with my avengers but now I’m playing it more and more and getting better and getting more gems with the topper kind of egging me on to try to get one more completed.

#7531 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

That was why I ultimately sold the game recently. The code is not fun for casual players, in my opinion. I'm probably one of the biggest Avengers/Marvel fans you will meet so it pained me a lot to let the game go, but neither myself nor my family could get past the code/skill barrier.

This is why I keep some older/simpler games in my collection, for the n00bs so they can still have fun.

The fact that AIQ has a deep and complex ruleset makes me want to keep it in my collection even longer. There’s so many ways to approach this game which makes it even more fun for tournaments. It’s got probably the best shot layout of any pin I’ve ever played and it’s an absolute flow monster.

Keith Elwin, if you’re reading this, don’t ever change what you’re doing man. You’re 3 for 3 and in a league of your own. Everything you and your team touch is absolute f*cking GOLD!

#7532 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

but neither myself nor my family could get past the code/skill barrier.

In my opinion, this is the biggest / only problem with this game.

Other than Thor MB, you need to do a number of things to start a mode or multiball, which the lesser players can't achieve - and hence lose interest.

The 'better than average' players can win gems, start MBs, but not often (if ever) get to the wizard modes.

The best players can get to the wizard mode regularly, making the game a little boring.

The enjoyment you get out of a game is definitely linked to your skillset - this game seems to have a very narrow banding where the skillset matches fun/longevity.

#7533 2 years ago

Avengers is perfect for HUO, because the rule set is deep and keeps things interesting. I coach newbies when they come over and they love the game, because they know what they’re doing with a little coaching. Like one said, there are shots almost everywhere, so once you flip, you’ll most likely hit one. None of the noobs shooting my game come away frustrated, rather, always wanting to play more. I made out a flip chart, that explains how to get each gem in real simple terms and they just look at that and start collecting. Without that understanding, they didn’t collect any, because it takes time without a chart to understand how simple it actually is to get gems. Example: shoot right then left orbit 3 times to collect with final blow at widow center ramp for Space Gem. Super simple and then they are collecting having a great time, always wanting to hit the start button one more time. The chart I use is the one Shaub and another helped me make. AIQ is a masterpiece of a pinball machine.

#7534 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Avengers is perfect for HUO, because the rule set is deep and keeps things interesting. I coach newbies when they come over and they love the game, because they know what they’re doing with a little coaching. Like one said, there are shots almost everywhere, so once you flip, you’ll most likely hit one. None of the noobs shooting my game come away frustrated, rather, always wanting to play more. I made out a flip chart, that explains how to get each gem in real simple terms and they just look at that and start collecting. Without that understanding, they didn’t collect any, because it takes time without a chart to understand how simple it actually is to get gems. Example: shoot right then left orbit 3 times to collect with final blow at widow center ramp for Space Gem. Super simple and then they are collecting having a great time, always wanting to hit the start button one more time. The chart I use is the one Shaub and another helped me make. AIQ is a masterpiece of a pinball machine.

Can you post the file somewhere? Sounds like it could be a cool resource for when people come over.

#7535 2 years ago

I'm already getting better at the gems. I can see it now, 5 of 6 lit up and I have to go to bed then to work. Come home and my son will say hey I got that special multi-ball today after I got that last gem...

#7536 2 years ago

Evolution of a High Score...

8 months of AIQ Premium ownership. All games 3 ball, factory settings.

Keep learning and improving!

AIQ scores 7-15-2021.jpgAIQ scores 7-15-2021.jpg
#7537 2 years ago

Hey Everyone!
I just wanted to let you all know that Im going to be doing a super comprehensive AIQ tutorial next Wed over on Owlnonymous' Twitch stream. You can find all the info about it on this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/aiq-for-dummies-complete-tutorial-stream-and-ama#post-6388713

This will be a TON more than just learning the basics of the game. We'll be learning beginner, intermediate, and advanced mode/gem/game strats, as well as a bunch of shortcut strats that I've come up with to get you all the gems and the 1 Billion point Thanos bonus, and a bunch of other info! If youre interested, please check out the thread, and if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message.

Thanks for reading.
Avengers Pin Owners Assemble!

aiq for dummies (resized).jpgaiq for dummies (resized).jpg
#7538 2 years ago

Love this game!! Anyone working on pinball browser for videos and music? Thanks

#7539 2 years ago

So I had a strange glitch happen with my game today. After I get a Portal lock it appears that the ball in the subway doesn't lock, it will kick the ball out and back into play. It did this repeatedly for all of the remainder of the games I played. It used to lock the balls in the subway and kick em out during gem quests like it should.

So could it be my subway mech is acting up? Game has 210 plays on it now and it has the updated subway mech. Any ideas?

#7540 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Can you post the file somewhere? Sounds like it could be a cool resource for when people come over.

Sure here is the chart and thanks to everyone that contributed to my making it! Let me know of any corrections needed and I’ll change the chart. The information to the left in the green is just strategy details some of you have provided. I tell guests to ignore that and just focus on the simple gem collecting to the right.

(UPDATE: So no confusion, changed this chart to the new corrected quickest way to collect gems chart)

9F64E9C2-535A-4AC5-AE2C-2FE8B5E58931.jpeg9F64E9C2-535A-4AC5-AE2C-2FE8B5E58931.jpeg
#7541 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So I had a strange glitch happen with my game today. After I get a Portal lock it appears that the ball in the subway doesn't lock, it will kick the ball out and back into play. It did this repeatedly for all of the remainder of the games I played. It used to lock the balls in the subway and kick em out during gem quests like it should.
So could it be my subway mech is acting up? Game has 210 plays on it now and it has the updated subway mech. Any ideas?

I would start with checking the subway opto switches in test mode to make sure they all are registering and working properly. If they aren't, start with the connections and then alignment.

#7542 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Is the pass through menu setting on your machine turned on for portal locks?

#7543 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Is the pass through menu setting on your machine turned on for portal locks?

I'll check that but I haven't changed any of those settings so I would assume it would still be set up correctly. I'll also run Opto switch tests.

Thanks Guys!

#7544 2 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Sure here is the chart and thanks to everyone that contributed to my making it! Let me know of any corrections needed and I’ll change the chart. The information to the left in the green is just strategy details some of you have provided. I tell guests to ignore that and just focus on the simple gem collecting to the right.
[quoted image]

Hey Thunderbird! Cool chart!
Theres a couple of errors I wanted to help clear up. The Mind Gem mode is only THREE rounds of "shot then disc".
Also, Power Gem is a little bit more complex rule-wise than is explained. Each of the 3 shots (that arent the Hulk shot) do damage to the Black Order Enemy. The two "outside" shots (glancing blow) do 15% damage while the "center" shot (critical hit) deals 30%, which means that the amount of shots required to complete the mode changes depending on how many critical hits you get. It is possible to finish the mode in 4-5 shots. Or 2 if you use the Mind Gem correctly

I made a post about 8 posts up ^^^ about a Twitch tutorial stream that Im doing this upcoming Wed, where I will explain essentially everything about the game, from basic rules all the way up to my own very advanced strategies. Everyones welcome to come by, pick up a bunch of knowledge and strats, and ask as many questions as theyd like. Ill answer everything!

Hope to see you there!

#7545 2 years ago

SO I've played jurrasic park pro about 6 or 7 times. I found it sorta... meh. I then went to pinball life to pick up and order, and Terry had AIQ premium to play. Played it a grand total of TWICE and holy cow. I vastly vastly prefer how this both looked and shot. So why do I see JP being rated higher? What's the catch? I was blown away by Avengers, granted knowing little about the code.

#7546 2 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

SO I've played jurrasic park pro about 6 or 7 times. I found it sorta... meh. I then went to pinball life to pick up and order, and Terry had AIQ premium to play. Played it a grand total of TWICE and holy cow. I vastly vastly prefer how this both looked and shot. So why do I see JP being rated higher? What's the catch? I was blown away by Avengers, granted knowing little about the code.

JP is out longer, the modded code really takes the game to a new level of fun. Avengers is fairly new, very deep code that many don't grasp so they get turned off by that with the addition of very little animations and mediocre at best voice callouts. I have both and both shoot great, both are fun but now having to sacrifice one to make room for incoming, AIQ is the one that I put up only because nobody in the house other then myself plays that title and I try to keep titles that we all play together on those family fun nights.

#7547 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

JP is out longer, the modded code really takes the game to a new level of fun. Avengers is fairly new, very deep code that many don't grasp so they get turned off by that with the addition of very little animations and mediocre at best voice callouts. I have both and both shoot great, both are fun but now having to sacrifice one to make room for incoming, AIQ is the one that I put up only because nobody in the house other then myself plays that title and I try to keep titles that we all play together on those family fun nights.

You put a lot of money and time into your mods to only play AIQ 100 times... Good Luck with the Sale!

#7548 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

You put a lot of money and time into your mods to only play AIQ 100 times... Good Luck with the Sale!

Like I said, I'm the only household member who plays it so it has low plays as I rotate thru all my machines and now that it's listed I have it unplugged so I don't even put it on and change those numbers as listed

#7549 2 years ago
Quoted from AllenLeper:

Hey Thunderbird! Cool chart!
Theres a couple of errors I wanted to help clear up. The Mind Gem mode is only THREE rounds of "shot then disc".
Also, Power Gem is a little bit more complex rule-wise than is explained. Each of the 3 shots (that arent the Hulk shot) do damage to the Black Order Enemy. The two "outside" shots (glancing blow) do 15% damage while the "center" shot (critical hit) deals 30%, which means that the amount of shots required to complete the mode changes depending on how many critical hits you get. It is possible to finish the mode in 4-5 shots. Or 2 if you use the Mind Gem correctly

For the record, he made the chart in order to outline "the quickest way" to complete the Gem Quests, not as a full explanation of the Quests. Also, I'm pretty sure I'm the one responsible for the Mind Gem one so that's on me.

#7550 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Like I said, I'm the only household member who plays it so it has low plays as I rotate thru all my machines and now that it's listed I have it unplugged so I don't even put it on and change those numbers as listed

Yeah, you have to find what works best for you and what you and your family enjoy the most, that's for sure.

When my adult son comes over, the only pin he wants to play is AIQ! Everybody has their own preferences.

Hope you and your family enjoy whatever new pins you are getting and that your AIQ sale goes smooth and quick.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/151 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.