IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 256.
#7451 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

My back ordered topper arrived yesterday. Now the game does not feel so naked next to the others. The shooter rod is still back ordered and waiting for the Pinnovators sub-woofer board to finish the mods.
I still can't get over 250 million with 5 balls. But the game is enjoyable and I keep coming back.
I own all the Marvel pins except Iron Man. The collector part of me feels like I "need" to complete the collection. But I am not sure I want another fan layout. I have seen some nice regular and vault versions for sale recently in the past.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Amazing collection! Thx for sharing.

#7452 2 years ago
Quoted from azcraigfamily:

Question. As posted a couple days ago, I just took delivery of a AIQ Pro built on June 1, 2021. It shipped with code 1.02.0. The most recent published code on the stern website is 1.01.0. Any idea how I find out what the changes are between 1.01 and 1.02? Or probably just have to wait until 1.02 is released to the wild.

I'm curious as well... I'm running 1.01.

#7453 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Unfortunately that would not solve the issue. My issue is that sometimes the ball "catches" the edge of the little bended "gate" at the right side of the drop. That results in the ball bouncing around and not falling down to the flipper.
I circled it in the picture:[quoted image]

Mine is having the same issue with the ball going around the gate. Any solutions? Not sure if my ramp is too far right.

#7454 2 years ago

Hey Pinheads!

We just got our first AIQ premium and heard there is a great sound mod by @spider. I pm'd but haven't had a reply yet. Does anyone have a copy of the sound/music mod they can share?

-Snarf

#7455 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

My back ordered topper arrived yesterday. Now the game does not feel so naked next to the others. The shooter rod is still back ordered and waiting for the Pinnovators sub-woofer board to finish the mods.
I still can't get over 250 million with 5 balls. But the game is enjoyable and I keep coming back.
I own all the Marvel pins except Iron Man. The collector part of me feels like I "need" to complete the collection. But I am not sure I want another fan layout. I have seen some nice regular and vault versions for sale recently in the past.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Iron Man is a great game and one of the best simple fan layouts. You definitely need to complete the collection.

#7456 2 years ago

Enzo got worn out playing!

AB141D67-DED4-407E-AE79-9B65C67AE946 (resized).jpegAB141D67-DED4-407E-AE79-9B65C67AE946 (resized).jpeg
#7457 2 years ago

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered a 100 times in this thread, but is there anyway to adjust the CM ramp to ensure more shots are made? I bought and installed the ramp fix mod, but RARELY do the shots make it all the way around. It's getting really frustrating...almost ruining the game experience for me. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated. Joe

#7458 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

I apologize if this question has been asked and answered a 100 times in this thread, but is there anyway to adjust the CM ramp to ensure more shots are made? I bought and installed the ramp fix mod, but RARELY do the shots make it all the way around. It's getting really frustrating...almost ruining the game experience for me. Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated. Joe

If you already have the CM ramp fix mod (Lexan piece or tdiddy 3d version - it should help immensely) there are a couple other things that can help.

Loosen all of the wireform mounting nuts and make sure the 2 prongs are inserted into the Ant-Man VUK and not resting on the top of it. Also make sure when you re-tighten that the assembly isn't stressed to go into place. If it is, something isn't aligning properly, start behind the CM ramp at the beginning of the wireform.

Clean and wax or use something like Wizard's Mist & Shine on the playfield and ramp/wireform assembly itself.

Do all of this and you should be ripping combos and going binary if your aim is good!

#7459 2 years ago

Ok, I'll try them all. Thanks again sir!

#7460 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

It sounds counterintuitive, but try lowering the flipper power a little bit. If any bounce is induced at the ramp, it causes rejects.

#7461 2 years ago

So with the July Stern of the Union Address I was looking for the 1.02.0 code update the new game owners are getting = NOPE !

#7462 2 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

So with the July Stern of the Union Address I was looking for the 1.02.0 code update the new game owners are getting = NOPE !

The fact that 1.02 exists but hasn't been publicly released kind of suggests something is coming, beyond 1.02.

#7463 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

If you watch Dead Flip's Avengers youtube video you will see that even Keith doesn't go for that shot very often, from my perspective it's the hardest shot on the game to get right, it has to be 98% in the 'Sweet Spot' to get it. I've been working on my wire form as it likes to stick balls even if I do make the shot cleanly. The wire form has a couple of pinch points, it's bad enough it will trap two balls

CM Wire Form (resized).jpgCM Wire Form (resized).jpg
#7464 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If you watch Dead Flip's Avengers youtube video you will see that even Keith doesn't go for that shot very often, from my perspective it's the hardest shot on the game to get right, it has to be 98% in the 'Sweet Spot' to get it. I've been working on my wire form as it likes to stick balls even if I do make the shot cleanly. The wire form has a couple of pinch points, it's bad enough it will trap two balls
[quoted image]

I had to pinch mine, as it would drop balls just past the tip of the lexan. Missed shots weren't the problem: it was landing in the same spot as if it fell out of the side and required glass removal.

#7465 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

[quoted image]

If the ball is getting stuck in the wireform, the wireform is stressed and twisted - loosen nuts and check fitment everywhere or it needs replacing.

Also as I mentioned above - do the CM ramp 'mod' and the other things I list and the shot will be very smooth and repeatable with a good shot.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/150#post-6370159

#7466 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

I think its deliberately meant to be like that. If you think about Captain Marvel she isn't always around!

To improve it make sure the ball exit of the initial ramp is 180 degrees straight into the loop. On two games I have- I had to undo the bolt at the back and push the wireform back- this helped hugely. Also check that the entry ball guides are as pressed far apart as you can make them, especially the one near the post. (thanks the KED for the info on this btw), and a regular wax of the ramp doesn't hurt. Also make sure that the second switch on the habitrail still works with the ball at speed, again on two games I had to bend the switch out slightly.

Neil

#7467 2 years ago

has anyone outside of the US had a replacement subway mech for the premium/LE? Pretty much all the initial LE's/Premiums in the UK have broken subway mechs from last year and the distributor seems to have trouble getting the mechanisms, (my games are actually ok just a few others with this issue).

Neil.

#7468 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

has anyone outside of the US had a replacement subway mech for the premium/LE? Pretty much all the initial LE's/Premiums in the UK have broken subway mechs from last year and the distributor seems to have trouble getting the mechanisms, (my games are actually ok just a few others with this issue).
Neil.

Dear Neil, I have received a replacement subway in France during the month of April. All my problems are gone since.

#7470 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Dear Neil, I have received a replacement subway in France during the month of April. All my problems are gone since.

They'll come back - stern hasn't changed the design of the mech at all yet.

#7471 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

They'll come back - stern hasn't changed the design of the mech at all yet.

You are certainly right. However, I note on the remplacement item more generous welds than on my older one and I never had again two balls stuck in the tunnel. Perhaps it's just me, but my machine was an early build (09-14-2020).

#7472 2 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

You are certainly right. However, I note on the remplacement item more generous welds than on my older one and I never had again two balls stuck in the tunnel. Perhaps it's just me, but my machine was an early build (09-14-2020).

My first replacement mech broke down a few days after installation. My second replacement had been ok for now but only had it a few weeks. They didn't look that much different to me, and Stern said they haven't changed anything, so time will tell.

#7473 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If the ball is getting stuck in the wireform, the wireform is stressed and twisted - loosen nuts and check fitment everywhere or it needs replacing.
Also as I mentioned above - do the CM ramp 'mod' and the other things I list and the shot will be very smooth and repeatable with a good shot.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/150#post-6370159

Thanks for the additional info on this. I can assure everyone that I have done all of the above, and then some and I honestly beleive my wire form is not correct. When I removed it (the first time) it was so bound up it was hard to remove it, it sprung away into another galexy it was so pre-loaded. That tells me that when the wires were loaded into the weld jig something wasn't correct. I have reached out to Stern twice now and haven't gotten a reply, not sure if Eddie Yates is on an extended vacation, but he seems to want to avoid me.

When reinstalling it I've tried tweaking it to minimize the pre-load condition, but it's still there which makes total sense if it was welded incorrectly. If I don't hear back from Stern by the end of this week I'm taking matters into my own hands. There has to be some allowable for manufacturing tolernances, especially welding as things will move slightly, but this thing is way way off.

#7474 2 years ago

Hi everyone, I just installed a plastic shooter lane protector. Since doing so, my action button will not launch the ball. the action button still works during gameplay (ie mind gem, space gem, etc.), but it won't launch the ball. when i remove the plastic shooter lane protector, it works. my sense is that the plastic is too thick and the ball is not depressing the switch enough when sitting in the gate, and so something isn't registering.

I've also had skill shot issues, they do not register when the plastic protector is on.

Has anyone else experience this issue? I want to protect the shooter lane, but obviously want normal gameplay.

thanks!

#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi everyone, I just installed a plastic shooter lane protector. Since doing so, my action button will not launch the ball. the action button still works during gameplay (ie mind gem, space gem, etc.), but it won't launch the ball. when i remove the plastic shooter lane protector, it works. my sense is that the plastic is too thick and the ball is not depressing the switch enough when sitting in the gate, and so something isn't registering.
I've also had skill shot issues, they do not register when the plastic protector is on.
Has anyone else experience this issue? I want to protect the shooter lane, but obviously want normal gameplay.
thanks!

Personally I wouldn’t use a plastic protector. I always use Cliffys shooter lane protector. It’s metal and it works great. Best of all, if doesn’t affect the skill shots on my games. It’s a little higher in cost but it will last much longer and work as intended.

#7476 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks for the additional info on this. I can assure everyone that I have done all of the above, and then some and I honestly beleive my wire form is not correct. When I removed it (the first time) it was so bound up it was hard to remove it, it sprung away into another galexy it was so pre-loaded. That tells me that when the wires were loaded into the weld jig something wasn't correct. I have reached out to Stern twice now and haven't gotten a reply, not sure if Eddie Yates is on an extended vacation, but he seems to want to avoid me.
When reinstalling it I've tried tweaking it to minimize the pre-load condition, but it's still there which makes total sense if it was welded incorrectly. If I don't hear back from Stern by the end of this week I'm taking matters into my own hands. There has to be some allowable for manufacturing tolernances, especially welding as things will move slightly, but this thing is way way off.

Yeah, my original CM wireform broke a weld where it connects by the flipper. I contacted my distributor ZMeny at FlipNOut Pinball and I had my replacement in just over a week.

The original was more 'sprung' than the replacement and that may have caused the weld to break. Both actually worked fine, but a little loosening and readjusting along with my DIY 'Lexan Fix' have made the CM shot shoot great!

#7477 2 years ago

Personally I wouldn’t use a plastic protector. I always use Cliffys shooter lane protector. It’s metal and it works great. Best of all, if doesn’t affect the skill shots on my games. It’s a little higher in cost but it will last much longer and work as intended.</blockquot

i looked on cliffy's website and do not see one for AIQ. Can you provide me a link to what you would recommend? I do not need the eject protector, but the shooter lane itself. thank you!

#7478 2 years ago

Just received notification from Stern my replacement wire form is on the way, that's good news !

#7479 2 years ago
Quoted from Joeynelyse:

Keeping the ramp and wires clean helps. I also was able to stabilize the pin on the entry ramp by filling the gap with a wedge of post rubber, that is in this thread a couple months ago. I got mine working really well when it’s fresh and clean. I find the entire game shoots better with a good wipe down every 4-5 hours of game play. It’s a lot of work but worth it for the difference in shot making.

#7480 2 years ago

If anyone is looking to join the club, I just listed my AIQ Prem with a ton of mods in the market place.

#7481 2 years ago

For those who got the topper and was disappointed by the gem colors being a bit washed out. I have something you should try. Look up color correction gel light filter sheets from amazon (10.99)and they made a huge improvement in color. very simple to add the… just remove the three screws on the front, cut roughly 1”x 1” squares and use clear tape and stick them on the backside. some before and after pictures. Let me know what you think

719B6396-0924-42BE-98BC-80FB5E30387F (resized).jpeg719B6396-0924-42BE-98BC-80FB5E30387F (resized).jpegA2A3EFA9-8C77-428B-9AE4-7A454C16A954 (resized).pngA2A3EFA9-8C77-428B-9AE4-7A454C16A954 (resized).pngC0F3B0CB-D9B4-4A99-BD8F-55C2179C55DC (resized).jpegC0F3B0CB-D9B4-4A99-BD8F-55C2179C55DC (resized).jpeg
#7482 2 years ago

Hit a major scoring bug tonight. Had two Avengers fully powered up, and others at different levels. Got a Mystery Award to collect an Avenger and it gave me Iron Man, which was the last one to qualify so Black Order was now ready. Hit the scoop and it gave me 500K “collected” points for every Avenger. Thanks for nothing.

#7483 2 years ago
Quoted from DVDA:

For those who got the topper and was disappointed by the gem colors being a bit washed out. I have something you should try. Look up color correction gel light filter sheets from amazon (10.99)and they made a huge improvement in color. very simple to add the… just remove the three screws on the front, cut roughly 1”x 1” squares and use clear tape and stick them on the backside. some before and after pictures. Let me know what you think
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I don't have the factory AIQ topper, but I did use gel sheets to colorize several inserts on my Deadpool and they look great!

#7484 2 years ago

2 questions my friends.
Will there ever be any more toppers available? First time I’m thinking of getting a topper.
Also wondered if the armor is there just for looks, or does it actually prevent (in time) cabinet fade from where sweaty hands rest? This is my first stern and first pin where I can add accessories. I got the art blades. Love those.

#7485 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

2 questions my friends.
Will there ever be any more toppers available? First time I’m thinking of getting a topper.
Also wondered if the armor is there just for looks, or does it actually prevent (in time) cabinet fade from where sweaty hands rest? This is my first stern and first pin where I can add accessories. I got the art blades. Love those.

Cabinet fade/wear around the flippers was a thing for sure in the 90's and early 2000's, I haven't seen it on recent Stern's though to be honest. That additional material on the armour is very much for the theory of wear protection though... beyond sweat it can help with dings or scratches from rings or long nails too. I was checking out the AIQ armour today and was disappointed with it being black to be honest, I didn't find it much of an upgrade. I'd rather add something powder coated personally, check in with Robertstone0407 for options, you'd have to do lockdown bar, hinges and legs too mind you.

I hadn't heard whether AIQ was getting more toppers but I have noticed that Stern has been committing to more accessories for past sold out ones, so hopefully more will come to stem the tide on the aftermarket mark up we've seen going on.

#7486 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

2 questions my friends.

Cointaker shows them available, shipping now. I’m sure other distros have them as well.

#7487 2 years ago

Accessories Assemble! Cointaker Topper came in today and just installed. Its not super impressive, but when I have an LE I like to get everything. Shooter rod is cooler than the topper. Now waiting on my Stranger Things Topper from them as well.

20210709_010149239_iOS (resized).jpg20210709_010149239_iOS (resized).jpg
#7488 2 years ago

Another question. Haha. Placing an order soon for new rubber.
Has anybody ordered a Titan kit for AIQ? Are the stern post sleeves always tapered slim? Just looking at them through the glass they look standard, but I guess they do look a little thicker up too. Is slim tapered always the safe bet when ordering for stern. Also manual lists 7 post sleeves but I only see 6. I thought maybe I was missing one near upper pop bumper, but looks like every picture I see of this game there is no post there.

#7489 2 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Neil.

Got my LE Dec 21st-ish a week later my subway mech broke. Contacted my disty and cc'd Pablo, not expecting a response until after new years, but they both responded and mech was sent straight away. Still took 5 or 6 weeks to get to me (almost the norm for NZ)...been fine ever since.

#7490 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Cointaker shows them available, shipping now. I’m sure other distros have them as well.

Thanks bud. Just ordered!
I’m like a kid in a candy store with this pin. I need to calm down. I can’t help it, it’s my first NIB!

#7491 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Another question. Haha. Placing an order soon for new rubber.
Has anybody ordered a Titan kit for AIQ? Are the stern post sleeves always tapered slim? Just looking at them through the glass they look standard, but I guess they do look a little thicker up too. Is slim tapered always the safe bet when ordering for stern. Also manual lists 7 post sleeves but I only see 6. I thought maybe I was missing one near upper pop bumper, but looks like every picture I see of this game there is no post there.

The posts are indeed tapered slim. I suggest ordering red and blue for those, and using them to match artwork colors as needed. I definitely recommend the low bounce flippers: standard Titans had balls bouncing over the flippers during multiball. I started with blue, but I'm liking red better. I'm happy with clear on the slings. The star post on the left outlane has made it slightly easier to save, but it still likes to drain: I don't feel like I'm cheating. Those take 5/16 rubber. Don't forget the silicone playfield washer for that.

Titan's purple is great in my MMR, but looks out of place in AIQ. Superband's purple is better in this game, and is what I have on the upper flipper.

20210708_233124 (resized).jpg20210708_233124 (resized).jpg
#7492 2 years ago

At least for tonight, Earth is no longer in peril!

IMG_1016 (resized).JPGIMG_1016 (resized).JPGIMG_1023 (resized).JPGIMG_1023 (resized).JPGIMG_1022 (resized).JPGIMG_1022 (resized).JPGIMG_1012 (resized).JPGIMG_1012 (resized).JPG
#7493 2 years ago

Is the topper worth it for the added mode? Just got mine in and haven’t installed it yet, might end up selling cause I haven’t heard anything about the mode. Figured this was the best place to ask.

#7494 2 years ago

I just got word my topper is in stock now and picking it up on Monday.

#7495 2 years ago
Quoted from allhokie3:

Is the topper worth it for the added mode? Just got mine in and haven’t installed it yet, might end up selling cause I haven’t heard anything about the mode. Figured this was the best place to ask.

Personal opinion is that it's a lot of money for an extra multiball mode, considering the topper is just a graphic and 6 LEDs... I have an LE and wanted it until I saw the price.

#7496 2 years ago
Quoted from allhokie3:

I built my own for ~$60 and a few hours of my time. Obviously it doesn't have an extra multiball mode, but it does tie into the gauntlet gems and lights up the corresponding gem as they light up.

IMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPG
#7497 2 years ago
Quoted from allhokie3:

Here's the rules for the Topper Mode:

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740#heading--gemmania

#7498 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Hit a major scoring bug tonight. Had two Avengers fully powered up, and others at different levels. Got a Mystery Award to collect an Avenger and it gave me Iron Man, which was the last one to qualify so Black Order was now ready. Hit the scoop and it gave me 500K “collected” points for every Avenger. Thanks for nothing.

So both Soul Gem quest and Black Order did this to me last night in the same game. Lots of level ups, but got the min "collected" bonus for every Avenger. Anyone else seeing this? It's not every game but not sure what triggers it.

#7499 2 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So both Soul Gem quest and Black Order did this to me last night in the same game. Lots of level ups, but got the min "collected" bonus for every Avenger. Anyone else seeing this? It's not every game but not sure what triggers it.

Hmmm, I've literally played AIQ thousands of times now and have not had this happen.

What code are you running?

#7500 2 years ago

Joined the club this evening, KnockerPTSD I ended up with your old machine, it has found its way back to the Hammer

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Trade
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/150?hl=jlemank and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.