IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 253.
#651 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Thanks so much for doing these streams Jack!

Yup, thanks for the streams Jack. Just wondering why you weren't going for portal locks before gem quests to turn them into multiballs? Maybe that's just another layer of the game you haven't gotten too far into yet? I didn't watch the whole stream this time, but watched the others and have been wondering about this. Thanks!

#652 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Fingers crossed its an isolated event. Spot welds are occasionally bad. Sorry it happened to you.

This is the 3rd instance I’ve heard about. My LE is due to be delivered sometime between today and Tuesday. I’m going to go ahead and see if there’s any preventative fixes that can be done before flipping one game.

#653 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Also is it possible to turn the physical ball lock off and just play with virtual locks in the time being?

I hope there's an option or this. Seems like the kinda thing that is usually in there.

#654 3 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

Looks awesome (paint the teeth)!
You going to tackle the gauntlet next?

Thanks! Probably going to stick to Thanos. I kind of like the gauntlet that’s in there. Looks exactly like the comics.
You think the teeth should be light grey? Or white?

1FF16AE8-63EA-4422-89A3-9A2DF466C131 (resized).jpeg1FF16AE8-63EA-4422-89A3-9A2DF466C131 (resized).jpeg
#655 3 years ago

For anyone that played this, is that top left looping ramp shot not disrupted by the strange spinner often? I watched Jack playing it and it seems it kept getting in the way?

#656 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

This is the 3rd instance I’ve heard about. My LE is due to be delivered sometime between today and Tuesday. I’m going to go ahead and see if there’s any preventative fixes that can be done before flipping one game.

3rd here on pinside? I agree, it would be nice to have a preventative fix.

#657 3 years ago

Thankyou for sharing this with us all, what a bummer to have that happen after just setting the game up and playing just a few games on it... but I'm sure they will jump to the send you a full assembly asap. Did the spot weld fail causing the pin to drop? Is it something a local welder could fix for you? Not every shop has a spot welder but tig may be a possibility?
Can't wait to get my premium!
Please keep us posted on the progression with your distro or stern directly. Thanks man! Also is it possible to turn the physical ball lock off and just play with virtual locks in the time being?

Yes , the spot weld failed causing pin to drop. I was thinking same thing about getting it spot welded locally. I dont know anybody who does that here.
I am going to check today to disable portal lock/raising disc. So we can play until part gets here

#658 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Yes , the spot weld failed causing pin to drop. I was thinking same thing about getting it spot welded locally. I dont know anybody who does that here.
I am going to check today to disable portal lock/raising disc. So we can play until part gets here

Did Stern indicate if they would be sending a complete mech or just the pin?

#659 3 years ago

Also that Epoxy floor treatment is AWESOME! IM going to finish off my basement next year if all goes well and was about to price out some laminate flooring, whats the cost on this route VS buying the flooring and labor on install? Any idea?

Ours is a Metallic Epoxy and cost $5 per sq foot installed

#660 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Everything else works good. Spot welds can go bad, and mine did. Nothing your going to do to prevent that!

#661 3 years ago

3rd here on pinside? I agree, it would be nice to have a preventative fix.

No, first I’ve seen on pinside. The issue seems to be fairly isolated at this point, but still something for everyone to be aware of just in case.

#662 3 years ago

We are waiting on the answer. It just happened last night.
My Distro thinks it would be whole assembly. I will keep you posted

#663 3 years ago

Kind of surprised to see a coil used in that mech. I would think that a motor and a cam would be a lot less shock and vibe on the mech, especially that spot welded actuator pin.

Anyway, I’m wondering if we need to be a bit careful when setting up the game, with each game being a slightly different pitch, the speed at which the balls can traverse each position of the portal lock will be slightly different. I hope there is a setting where the time between locks can be adjusted. If it’s really far off and a ball is not in the right position I could see the gate arm come up and hit the ball causing additional stress on the mech.

#664 3 years ago

Which shot collects the Extra Ball?

#665 3 years ago

Anyone with an LE put yellow t-moulding in yet?

#666 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Anyone with an LE put yellow t-moulding in yet?

I've got the T moulding in hand, along with Titan rubber, but no dang machine. T moulding will go on first thing.

#667 3 years ago

Also keep in mind, when using a phone app for leveling purposes, when you lay your phone on the playfield. If your phone is even the slightest bit rotated clockwise or counter, your bubble app will be off. I do use the app, but it's not perfect. Still plenty of room for human error.

I need to figure out this app to fine tune my pins as outside of a regular level on the glass to make sure that bubble is in the center for left right and also the bubble on the pin itself being between the two lines I'm not real swift with this Pinguy app. One problem I have when laying my phone on the glass without any cover on it is it slides down the playfield on me. Do you guys leave a case on the phone or what works best? Are there step by steps or a video somewhere of how to do this best? Also does a digital level give you pitch as well as centering left to right? Sorry for a bunch of questions just thought I'd try to get this right for my Premium once it arrives.

#668 3 years ago

Take the glass off. Calibrate the app with the case on your phone. Leave the case on and place the phone on the playfield in the middle. The app will talk to you and tell you how to level the game.

#669 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Which shot collects the Extra Ball?

There is a target behind the spinning disc, just to the right of the Avenger tower. sanctum target.

#670 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I need to figure out this app to fine tune my pins as outside of a regular level on the glass to make sure that bubble is in the center for left right and also the bubble on the pin itself being between the two lines I'm not real swift with this Pinguy app. One problem I have when laying my phone on the glass without any cover on it is it slides down the playfield on me. Do you guys leave a case on the phone or what works best? Are there step by steps or a video somewhere of how to do this best? Also does a digital level give you pitch as well as centering left to right? Sorry for a bunch of questions just thought I'd try to get this right for my Premium once it arrives.

Never measure anything on the glass. Measure directly on the playfield. I do not use the phone app levels, but if you calibrate with the case on, you would leave the case on. A real digital level will measure both. Place it side-to-side to measure level, flip it to front-to-back to measure pitch. Measure at multiple places around your playfield. Nearly all playfields have minor warp, slightly raised inserts, etc that will lead to different measurements at different spots. I usually measure as far up the pf as I can, near the middle, and right above the flippers then use a rough average between them.

#671 3 years ago

Wellp the streams got to me...Put a deposit down on a premium. I have a Turtles pro coming, so that will certainly hold my attention until I get Avengers (next year, it seems?)!

#672 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

My personal experience with the pinguy app is that it is an inconsistent waste of time (no offense if the creator is present on these threads). Do yourself a favor and pick this up if you want real, repeatable, and accurate results:

https://www.amazon.com/DigiPas-DWL80E-Digital-Electronic-Protractor/dp/B001NPJGL0/ref=sxts_sxwds-bia-wc-drs-ajax1_0

#673 3 years ago
Quoted from mcvetyty:

My personal experience with the pinguy app is that it is an inconsistent waste of time (no offense if the creator is present on these threads). Do yourself a favor and pick this up if you want real, repeatable, and accurate results:
amazon.com link »

Thanks I had one in my cart after I read a few of the replies so I'll give one of these a shot. Appreciate the feedback.

#674 3 years ago

They are sending complete mech which is GOOD!

#675 3 years ago

Sounds like LE’s will be arriving in Canada sometime next week! Can’t wait to get mine!

#676 3 years ago

They are sending complete mech which is GOOD!

Then, you can repair the old one and have a spare on hand

#677 3 years ago

Stern usually requires to send def mechs back

#678 3 years ago

Adding my best wishes to those who are having problems and hoping they get resolved quickly.
As soon as anyone has a "best practices for coils setting" etc we would love to see them.
My premium is on order and tempted to turn on nothing until ensuring I can minimize any damage from my end.
Thanks everyone.

#679 3 years ago

Final payment made with confirmation it should reach my distributor next week and then hop on a truck to me. Let's go! I get more and more excited with every stream I watch.

#680 3 years ago

LE #75 has arrived safely! Unboxing stream coming up. Just gotta move a couple pins first.

20201002_120206 (resized).jpg20201002_120206 (resized).jpg
#681 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

There is a target behind the spinning disc, just to the right of the Avenger tower. sanctum target.

Ok see that, but pretty big miss to not have an indicator that it is the EB target...

#682 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Ok see that, but pretty big miss to not have an indicator that it is the EB target...

May not be obvious from top down shots (hell may not be obvious in person, I haven't played it yet) but the sanctum target does have indicators on it.

E4265BC3-6400-40AD-A6D9-08C3072DB19D (resized).pngE4265BC3-6400-40AD-A6D9-08C3072DB19D (resized).png
#683 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Extra ball is indicated on the plastic above isn’t it? Sure I’ve seen it in and old promo shot.

Edit: as proven above by timmmmyboy

#684 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

No, first I’ve seen on pinside. The issue seems to be fairly isolated at this point, but still something for everyone to be aware of just in case.

Where else was this brought up? Was it all the same single weld? Doesn't seem like this would be a big issue. Although spot welds do sometimes have issues with fully penetrating the surfaces.

#685 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Sounds like LE’s will be arriving in Canada sometime next week! Can’t wait to get mine!

Already one listed in Ontario for $22,500 cdn (about 17k usd)
Seller deserves Covid.

#686 3 years ago

@graysonsdad, I don’t think P1 have received their shipment of Avengers LE yet.
I’m also in for an LE and haven’t yet received an update.
It’s likely that one you saw listed for $22.5k on Kijiji (in Barrie) was a flipper who hasn’t yet received his game. It’s brutal regardless.

#687 3 years ago

My LE in not being flipped either. Canadian Avengers assemble!

#688 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Already one listed in Ontario for $22,500 cdn (about 17k usd)
Seller deserves Covid.

Good luck selling that one. Theres one here on pinside currently listed at 12k and it's been available for days without selling.

#689 3 years ago

For the record, this is the view from the player’s perspective. I actually can’t even see add-a-ball, let alone Extra Ball...

2F30E587-B482-405B-96B2-0E2B8B29C516 (resized).jpeg2F30E587-B482-405B-96B2-0E2B8B29C516 (resized).jpeg
#690 3 years ago

Looks like pinballs.com still has some LEs.

#691 3 years ago

Good luck selling that one. Theres one here on pinside currently listed at 12k and it's been available for days without selling.

Not the first time..

#692 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

For the record, this is the view from the player’s perspective. I actually can’t even see add-a-ball, let alone Extra Ball...
[quoted image]

Yeah that needs a small sculp or something.
Love the custom Thanos
Mine is still a couple days out

#693 3 years ago

Where else was this brought up? Was it all the same single weld? Doesn't seem like this would be a big issue. Although spot welds do sometimes have issues with fully penetrating the surfaces.

People contacting me directly. I’m sure they’ll be taken care of or probably have already taken care of it. I don’t think it’ll be a big deal and is probably very isolated (3 out of 500) so far. I think this is more of a “take a look before playing” situation than a “expect something wrong” issue.

I tend to really go over all the mechs when I first get a pin and make sure everything is tightened up. I learned my lesson with Maiden LE when the center ramp came apart during game 1 lol.

#694 3 years ago

I was thinking that. they asked for the old one back so they can inspect quality

#695 3 years ago

My LE has arrived. Wow what fun. Really enjoy how accessible the shots are and there is somewhat of a sense of acheivability for someone like me (NOT a pinball pro).

20201002_135528 (resized).jpg20201002_135528 (resized).jpg20201002_135532 (resized).jpg20201002_135532 (resized).jpg20201002_143532 (resized).jpg20201002_143532 (resized).jpg20201002_145852 (resized).jpg20201002_145852 (resized).jpg20201002_151130 (resized).jpg20201002_151130 (resized).jpg
#696 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

My LE has arrived. Wow what fun. Really enjoy how accessible the shots are and there is somewhat of a sense of acheivability for someone like me (NOT a pinball pro).
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Guys, you’re killing me. How does the right ramp shoot?edit That’s the Captain Marvel Inverse gravity ramp. Is it really satisfying? A lot of rejects or smooth?

I was thinking that. they asked for the old one back so they can inspect quality

This is why I went with the premium. Hopefully all the little hiccups get fixed by then. TWD LE had a bunch of little problems that were fixed by the time my premium was built.

#697 3 years ago
Quoted from AJB4:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome! That's great news for me (also not a pro player to say the least). And theres that close up high res sparkle pic I was after! Looks like a base standard yellow with gold glitter on top almost. I like it !

#698 3 years ago

Guys, you’re killing me. How does the right ramp shoot?edit That’s the Captain Marvel Inverse gravity ramp. Is it really satisfying? A lot of rejects or smooth?

I feel a lot of rejects. I have to get a little more play time though to dial it in and then I will know for sure!

#699 3 years ago

LE showing up Tuesday

Will give full review!

#700 3 years ago

If anyone's interested, here is my unboxing VOD. It includes close-up of armor (just for CoolCatPinball ) and playfield. Gonna get it levelled and play for the first time on stream tonight. (www.twitch.tv/pridepinball @ 9pm cdt)

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/758769844

Thanks for hanging out!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/14?hl=steele67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.