IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 253.
#7301 2 years ago

Taking other machines into account, this is honestly the best owners thread that I have read for insight on mods, minor repairs, and gameplay. Thanks everyone!!

#7302 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I just wish the callouts made it a little clearer what you're supposed to do during modes. For example, when you win a gem, there is really no celebration letting you know it's time to collect. That's especially true when you have Iron Man or Thor multiball going on at the same time. Little tweaks like that would go a long way.

I fully agree with that!

I also wish there was better visual and or audio feedback when a Super Mode is ending and it starts counting down... most of the time I'm not sure what is counting down.

Hopefully we are getting at least one more final code update!

#7303 2 years ago

Hmmmm….

Was sent the bushing repair kit, but my mech is nothing like what they think it is.

00AC99C2-D727-48AF-A129-9C6DA24FFCD2 (resized).jpeg00AC99C2-D727-48AF-A129-9C6DA24FFCD2 (resized).jpegD4BCEB7D-78A6-4142-AB53-7E9F7D961232 (resized).jpegD4BCEB7D-78A6-4142-AB53-7E9F7D961232 (resized).jpeg
#7304 2 years ago

Upon further inspection I think the pic is from a pro.

#7305 2 years ago

You can see the shaft is not centered inside the disc

1CF7190A-5BDA-48D1-86D9-B31DAE679D7F (resized).jpeg1CF7190A-5BDA-48D1-86D9-B31DAE679D7F (resized).jpeg
#7306 2 years ago

Used some 22AWG wire to pack around the post to center it inside the disc.

0DCCA817-D772-43B7-8267-E634A55006C8 (resized).jpeg0DCCA817-D772-43B7-8267-E634A55006C8 (resized).jpeg2F3E27A5-5458-493F-8885-3B4FE2C2A8F8 (resized).jpeg2F3E27A5-5458-493F-8885-3B4FE2C2A8F8 (resized).jpeg

#7307 2 years ago

Been fiddling around with the sound on mine, trying some aftermarket options, just installed pinwoofer. From day one, the main tune when you start a game (shooter groove I believe)seems distorted and crackly. Just this tune, all the other songs in jukebox mode seem good. The new pinwoofer sounds great, but as this song plays every time you start a game, it’s super annoying. Anyone else notice this and is this perhaps just an issue with this tune, or is there something I should perhaps look into (tried re-installing firmware to see if it fixed the issue…..nope).

#7308 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Been fiddling around with the sound on mine, trying some aftermarket options, just installed pinwoofer. From day one, the main tune when you start a game (shooter groove I believe)seems distorted and crackly. Just this tune, all the other songs in jukebox mode seem good. The new pinwoofer sounds great, but as this song plays every time you start a game, it’s super annoying. Anyone else notice this and is this perhaps just an issue with this tune, or is there something I should perhaps look into (tried re-installing firmware to see if it fixed the issue…..nope).

I wonder if there is some digital leveling distortion on that particular song.

There is a music attenuation setting in the menu and if you set it to a progressively higher value it serves to reduce the music level.

There is also a voice attenuation setting that you can try to decrease (to make the callouts progressively louder) and that seems to have an indirect effect on the music level, making the music quieter.

Finally, I believe some titles have a music level setting in the menu which may offer a means to address it.

It's sort of a black box but the above is my experience. These options will have a global effect, but if you can identify a toggle it may lead to a compromise that gets you to where you want to be.

We can have a quick call next week if you don't find a solution.

#7309 2 years ago
Quoted from PinWoofer:

I wonder if there is some digital leveling distortion on that particular song.
There is a music attenuation setting in the menu and if you set it to a progressively higher value it serves to reduce the music level.
There is also a voice attenuation setting that you can try to decrease (to make the callouts progressively louder) and that seems to have an indirect effect on the music level, making the music quieter.
Finally, I believe some titles have a music level setting in the menu which may offer a means to address it.
It's sort of a black box but the above is my experience. These options will have a global effect, but if you can identify a toggle it may lead to a compromise that gets you to where you want to be.
We can have a quick call next week if you don't find a solution.

It’s weird, it’s seems to definitely be something with the actual recording as I get the same thing when using headphones at night. It’s only the single track. Interested if others have noticed or if this is somehow a corrupt file or something on my game. Maybe I’ll try a fresh SD card image.

#7310 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

It’s weird, it’s seems to definitely be something with the actual recording as I get the same thing when using headphones at night. It’s only the single track. Interested if others have noticed or if this is somehow a corrupt file or something on my game. Maybe I’ll try a fresh SD card image.

Yeah, I would download a new SD card image and try that as well as the recommended setting adjustments mentioned above.

I don't notice any distortion in the opening song on my machine. I don't have Pinwoofer setup, but do have aftermarket speakers and external sub. I have customized my sound settings to get the sounds optimized for me as well.

#7311 2 years ago

What was the original code for AIQ?

#7312 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

The Read Me file shows initial release listed as .90.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/avengers_infinity-1_01_0-README_LE.txt

#7313 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Pretty sure mine came with 0.91, with a manufacture date of October 13, 2020.

#7314 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I've had the Pinwoofer setup in mine for a while now and have never noticed this issue.

#7315 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I have noticed this same thing on my AIQ Prem.
It’s always a loud crackling noise right at the start of the game. I have the pinwoofer setup and it still doesn’t help. Only happens at the beginning of the game. Hopefully someone know s how to fix this…

#7316 2 years ago

Probably got an le incoming. But i wonder if there is a mod for thanos hand? That yellow bothers me...

#7317 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:I have noticed this same thing on my AIQ Prem.
It’s always a loud crackling noise right at the start of the game. I have the pinwoofer setup and it still doesn’t help. Only happens at the beginning of the game. Hopefully someone know s how to fix this…

I’m going to try a new SD card, will advise if it fixes. I had the issue pre and post pinwoofer setup. Only the one song thst plays when you start a game, all other tunes seem ok.

#7318 2 years ago

You guys running the latest code? I got mine a few weeks ago. I believe it’s manufacturing date is April or May 2021(I’ll have to look again). Anywho, I was looking to make sure the code was up to date and it looks to be ahead of the website. Mine shows V1.02.0 and Sterns site says V1.01.0
I’m not sure of any changes because this is my first Stern, and I’ve never had a game where I could update code.

AC786682-AEC3-40A0-BC36-F75CEB3A9A14 (resized).jpegAC786682-AEC3-40A0-BC36-F75CEB3A9A14 (resized).jpeg

#7319 2 years ago

Hi all,

first off, thanks to everyone for all your help all the time. Second, i'm sure there are generic posts on Pinside about this, but any tips on how to strengthen my flipper power? i've had AIQ pro NIB with about 600 plays on it so far and i just dont feel like its dialed in. in order to hit the black widow ramp from my right flipper, i have to manhandle the button and lately i can only get it if i catch the ball and time it perfectly. i almost never hit the ramp (power wise, not accuracy) from a shot off the right inlane. i am getting so much better and "right there" in killing it in this game, but i can get consistent shots from a flipper power standpoint. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

#7320 2 years ago

Forgive me if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it in the sticky list.

So we've enjoyed our AIQ Premium for several months with zero issues. Easily over 1200 plays or so. Last night nearly every time I hit a ball into the portal opening it would slide down to the first position in the under playfield subway. It simply sat there and the ball didn't advance like it should. The game went into search mode looking for the ball, which did trigger it to advance through the subway and get ejected back into play. I'm thinking maybe one of the switches at the first position isn't recognizing that a ball is there, which is why I am not seeing the "click, click, click) of the ball advancing automatically as it should.

Anyone have any advice to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

#7321 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

You guys running the latest code? I got mine a few weeks ago. I believe it’s manufacturing date is April or May 2021(I’ll have to look again). Anywho, I was looking to make sure the code was up to date and it looks to be ahead of the website. Mine shows V1.02.0 and Sterns site says V1.01.0
I’m not sure of any changes because this is my first Stern, and I’ve never had a game where I could update code.
[quoted image]

Definitely seems different. I've updated to 1.01 on mine and, like you said, that's the most recent on Stern's website.

#7322 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi all,
first off, thanks to everyone for all your help all the time. Second, i'm sure there are generic posts on Pinside about this, but any tips on how to strengthen my flipper power? i've had AIQ pro NIB with about 600 plays on it so far and i just dont feel like its dialed in. in order to hit the black widow ramp from my right flipper, i have to manhandle the button and lately i can only get it if i catch the ball and time it perfectly. i almost never hit the ramp (power wise, not accuracy) from a shot off the right inlane. i am getting so much better and "right there" in killing it in this game, but i can get consistent shots from a flipper power standpoint. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Check the coil stop on the right flipper to see if the metal rivet at the end of it is loose at all. That can cause a drop in flipper power, and it's an easy part to replace if needed. Other than that the things to check would be the pitch your playfield set at and the flipper power your right flipper is currently set at.

#7323 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Forgive me if this has been mentioned but I didn't see it in the sticky list.
So we've enjoyed our AIQ Premium for several months with zero issues. Easily over 1200 plays or so. Last night nearly every time I hit a ball into the portal opening it would slide down to the first position in the under playfield subway. It simply sat there and the ball didn't advance like it should. The game went into search mode looking for the ball, which did trigger it to advance through the subway and get ejected back into play. I'm thinking maybe one of the switches at the first position isn't recognizing that a ball is there, which is why I am not seeing the "click, click, click) of the ball advancing automatically as it should.
Anyone have any advice to troubleshoot? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it would be an issue with the opto at that position. Two main ways to check it:

1) Go into switch tests to test the opto. You can use either the regular switch test to check if the opto is responding to being blocked or you can go into the active switch test to see if that opto is listed as active while the other two are not.
2) Use the subway test found at Diag/Game/Sub (Subway Lock Test) to see what it does. Most likely it will behave the same way it's behaving while playing but it's worth checking. I'd check the opto in switch tests first.

#7324 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi all,

Like EaglePin mentioned - check the coil stops. If you haven't replaced already at 600 games, I would replace the coil stops and coil sleeves on all 3 flippers. Pinball Life and others offer good, inexpensive replacements.

Also - clean your playfield and change the pinballs out. Change the pinballs every 500 - 1000 games played. Waxing or using Wizards "mist and shine" on the entire playfield and ramps will make a noticeable increase in speed that will last for many games.

One last thing once you get the flipper parts replaced, if you play long sessions (1+ hours at a time of continuous play), it will be beneficial to get flipper coil fans for at least the bottom two flippers. PinMonk offers these. Not cheap, but definitely help prevent "flipper fade".

#7325 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

[quoted image]

When I got my NIB Deadpool in Sept. 2019 it had 1.03 code and the latest on the Stern website was 1.02. This was the case for over a year until 1.04 and then quickly 1.05 were released. In this case though, the only difference between 1.02 was that 1.03 code had support for the interlock switch behind the coin door.

Pretty sure all AIQ code versions already have interlock support, so hopefully a new code update coming for us with 1.01 very soon!

#7326 2 years ago

Shipped with 1.02 here as well.

#7327 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Check the coil stop on the right flipper to see if the metal rivet at the end of it is loose at all. That can cause a drop in flipper power, and it's an easy part to replace if needed. Other than that the things to check would be the pitch your playfield set at and the flipper power your right flipper is currently set at.

Thank you, how would i check / change the power of the flipper? Is it in the configuration menu?

#7328 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Thank you, how would i check / change the power of the flipper? Is it in the configuration menu?

Yes, it's in the menu settings under game adjustments I think. Scroll until you get to the setting for right flipper power. If the flipper had previously been strong enough and nothing changed and now it's too weak then I'd look at the coil stop. If it's always been too weak since you got it then it could be a setup issue with the pitch being very high and/or the flipper power low.

#7329 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yes, it's in the menu settings under game adjustments I think. Scroll until you get to the setting for right flipper power. If the flipper had previously been strong enough and nothing changed and now it's too weak then I'd look at the coil stop. If it's always been too weak since you got it then it could be a setup issue with the pitch being very high and/or the flipper power low.

Thanks for all the guidance. Hurry up pinball had a good tutorial on how to replace the coil stop and sleeve. I love this game!

#7330 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Sounds like it would be an issue with the opto at that position. Two main ways to check it:
1) Go into switch tests to test the opto. You can use either the regular switch test to check if the opto is responding to being blocked or you can go into the active switch test to see if that opto is listed as active while the other two are not.
2) Use the subway test found at Diag/Game/Sub (Subway Lock Test) to see what it does. Most likely it will behave the same way it's behaving while playing but it's worth checking. I'd check the opto in switch tests first.

Ok, so I went in to the diagnostics menu and removed my glass and I went into the Swich testing menu. It says to press any switch to continue but I’m not sure how I access the opt a switch in the subway to see if it’s going to trip or not. So then I would into the diagnostics menu for the subway and this is the image that I see. I dropped the ball into the open portal and it went to the number one position in the subway. But nothing happens and pressing the buttons on the coin door aren’t helping me figure anything else out further. I apologize but I am a complete newbie when it comes to going through these menus. I spent a lifetime building and flying model airplanes and programming RC radios but this is a new area for me. Thanks in advance.

41BDA72F-3A01-4C8E-A9E8-2523812BA2EC (resized).jpeg41BDA72F-3A01-4C8E-A9E8-2523812BA2EC (resized).jpeg
#7331 2 years ago

Did you pull the coin door switch to re-energize all of the nodes?

#7332 2 years ago
Quoted from ShrimpPimp:

Ok, so I went in to the diagnostics menu and removed my glass and I went into the Swich testing menu. It says to press any switch to continue but I’m not sure how I access the opt a switch in the subway to see if it’s going to trip or not. So then I would into the diagnostics menu for the subway and this is the image that I see. I dropped the ball into the open portal and it went to the number one position in the subway. But nothing happens and pressing the buttons on the coin door aren’t helping me figure anything else out further. I apologize but I am a complete newbie when it comes to going through these menus. I spent a lifetime building and flying model airplanes and programming RC radios but this is a new area for me. Thanks in advance. [quoted image]

PM sent

#7333 2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out and offering assistance. Easier than clogging up the thread. It does look like my #49 octo at position one is stuck “on” as of a ball is there.

#7334 2 years ago

What size flipper sleeves do stern flipper coils use? I need to place a pinball life order for some stuff and need these as well. Is it 2 and 3/16th?

#7335 2 years ago

nm found it in manual ty

#7336 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Who has photos and the name of their purple powder coated premium? I did a search, and only found one example in this group.<

[quoted image]

Same code here manufactured May 25 2021. Not sure if there are any differences either.

8BC3125F-BB64-42C4-ACBD-FE5BC9A227E0 (resized).jpeg8BC3125F-BB64-42C4-ACBD-FE5BC9A227E0 (resized).jpeg
#7337 2 years ago

Hy, i am the lucky Owner of AIQ LE #308.

I posted the Captain Marvel Ramp fix on Thingiverse today. Its free for private use: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4891746

CM Ramp fix (resized).JPGCM Ramp fix (resized).JPG
#7338 2 years ago

Last post, there is nothing there at this time

#7339 2 years ago
Quoted from maxheadroom:

I posted the Captain Marvel Ramp fix on Thingiverse today. Its free for private use: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4891746
[quoted image]

I may be misreading the situation, but your post above and these posts from you in @tdiddy's ramp fix forum for his mod make it look like you've taken the work tdiddy did to create the mod and are now posting it for everyone because you don't like the shipping cost? I hope that's not what's happening here but that's what it looks like.

Quoted from maxheadroom:

Hi, because the shipping and custom costs, makes it very expensive for Europe, i would like to ask if you sell a Stl for self printing?

Quoted from maxheadroom:

Sorry but 18bucks shipping is very expensive for me.
So i will construct the mod on my own and print it myself.
Sorry for steeling your idea, i wanted to pay for your work on construction....

#7340 2 years ago
Quoted from maxheadroom:

[quoted image]

Quoted from EaglePin:

I may be misreading the situation, but your post above and these posts from you in tdiddy's ramp fix forum for his mod make it look like you've taken the work tdiddy did to create the mod and are now posting it for everyone because you don't like the shipping cost? I hope that's not what's happening here but that's what it looks like.

Yeah, that's not cool if that is what has been done.

The Captain Marvel Ramp 'Lexan Fix' is free to use and has the same benefit, but is very simple and is not infringing on anyone's intellectual property.

#7341 2 years ago

Does this game look dark in attract mode?

We placed an AIQ Pro on location recently and it has a dark attract mode. This makes the game seem like it may not working properly and customers may walk by it... It's perfectly fine while playing.

I looked for something in settings and couldn't find any adjustment for this.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

, Bill

#7342 2 years ago
Quoted from Neverendz:

Does this game look dark in attract mode?
We placed an AIQ Pro on location recently and it has a dark attract mode. This makes the game seem like it may not working properly and customers may walk by it... It's perfectly fine while playing.
I looked for something in settings and couldn't find any adjustment for this.
Thanks in advance for any advice!
, Bill

There is a setting for backbox brightness for attract mode and during play. I forget what setting number though and I'm at work away from my machine...

Also - AIQ does turn off the GI from time to time in attract mode.

#7343 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Also - AIQ does turn off the GI from time to time in attract mode.

This is probably what the location is noticing. I see it get pretty dark during those 'off' phases at my house, and was surprised how long the GI was left off.

#7344 2 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger, took delivery of my AIQ premium last evening, Mfg Date May 25, 2021, Code V1.02. Put 15 games on it this morning, game feels good, really liking the shot layout and code. I'm looking forward to getting some play time and getting the shots dialed in. Game number 15 was my high game, not high when comparing to all you others, but you gotta start somewhere right

20210621_201410_resized (resized).jpg20210621_201410_resized (resized).jpg20210621_221104_resized (resized).jpg20210621_221104_resized (resized).jpg20210622_103123_resized (resized).jpg20210622_103123_resized (resized).jpg20210622_104107_resized (resized).jpg20210622_104107_resized (resized).jpg
#7345 2 years ago

Thought I'd share a little trick I use to set the level of the game side to side. I do use a level, but the best way I've found to make sure it's spot on is to place a ball on the glass at the lock down bar, if the ball rolls to the left or right adjust until it stays put. Works every time!

20210622_114709_resized (resized).jpg20210622_114709_resized (resized).jpg
#7346 2 years ago

I'll be officially joining with my Premium AIQ tomorrow!! So pumped to learn this deep coded game.

Question: What are top 3 mods to get for this beauty!!??

#7347 2 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thought I'd share a little trick I use to set the level of the game side to side. I do use a level, but the best way I've found to make sure it's spot on is to place a ball on the glass at the lock down bar, if the ball rolls to the left or right adjust until it stays put. Works every time!
[quoted image]

It's a nice idea if your playfield is completely level with the glass/lockbar.

#7348 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Better, top 10

#7349 2 years ago

OK - so why are new games coming with v1.02.0 code prem. and the rest of us can only down load v1.01.0 prem. ???

#7350 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

I'll be officially joining with my Premium AIQ tomorrow!! So pumped to learn this deep coded game.

Quoted from Munsters:

Better, top 10

Here's my recommendations... I've done a few more than listed for personalization (including custom topper and added additional RGB lighting to subway) and there are some other nice mods available from the community if you so choose.

Captain Marvel Ramp 'Lexan Fix' or tdiddy 3d printed fix, Anti Glare Glass, Shaker, PinMonk Flipper Coil Fans (Needed on lower flippers for extended playing sessions), External Subwoofer, upgraded speakers, spotlights to brighten center of playfield.

I usually change out all rubbers after a few weeks of playing as well. I generally like 'Perfect Play' rubber, but you will want to use a 'Superband' on upper left flipper since it can take a beating.

Don't forget to have replacement balls, coil stops and sleeves ready to go as needed.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 147 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/147?hl=shrimppimp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.