EE5C5799-5973-4445-94B8-53E2F1CC80B5 (resized).jpeg
53744FF8-1EDE-4BDA-B514-8E2CFCB3E800 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1462 (resized).JPG
Screenshot 2021-10-07 094914 (resized).png
150A67AD-8E44-4067-A161-F3A6FE6625F4 (resized).jpeg
244440331_836705907018187_4316415481696105604_n (resized).jpg
IMG_E1435 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 8555 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 172.
#7251 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Oh, didn't think to look at the outer spring. I'll check that, thanks!

I swapped the outer spring on mine for the one that originally came with the stock shooter assembly and it helped a bit, but not completely. I upgraded to a red spring and that took care of it.

#7252 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Sweet SGJP! I’m guessing….a nice 3 ball reality gem cashed in with the soul gem on a boosted CM? Am I close?

Quoted from awesome1:

You are dead on!

Quoted from robm:

Can you explain this strategy in more detail - i still haven't got my head around optimum placement of gems to max out scoring opportunities

Build up Captain Marvel Binary Multiplier (maybe Premium/LE Only?) by successfully making required CM shots and when binary countdown starts - shoot Black Widow and CM to get points jackpot award and increase multiplier (5X Max - can be doubled with Reality Gem!).

After winning Soul Gem - place it on the 'boosted' CM... after successfully winning a gem quest and you have possession of the Soul gem, the "Soul Gem Jackpot" will light a shot wherever the Soul gem is placed. Award for Soul Gem Jackpot on Capt. Marvel is 0.5X whatever your gem quest total was. That's your jackpot award times whatever CM multiplier you have.

#7253 4 months ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Build up Captain Marvel Binary Multiplier (maybe Premium/LE Only?) by successfully making required CM shots and when binary countdown starts - shoot Black Widow and CM to get points jackpot award and increase multiplier (5X Max - can be doubled with Reality Gem!).
After winning Soul Gem - place it on the 'boosted' CM... after successfully winning a gem quest and you have possession of the Soul gem, the "Soul Gem Jackpot" will light a shot wherever the Soul gem is placed. Award for Soul Gem Jackpot on Capt. Marvel is 0.5X whatever your gem quest total was. That's your jackpot award times whatever CM multiplier you have.

Awesome1 beat me to it, with a very good and succinct explanation.

Soul gem jackpots can be quite lucrative, and trying to boost their value is a viable strategy if you are going for big points. As awesome1 points out, if you place the SG on CM (or the Vision drop targets) the base SGJP is 50% of the just finished gem quest. I don’t think this can be boosted at the drops, but it certainly can at CM via binary multiplayers, as he explained.

The other 4 possible gem locations are avengers that can be powered up. The SGJP is 25% at an uncollected avenger, 50% at a collected avenger, 75% at Level 1, and 150% at Fully Powered (ie level 2). It’s hard to power up an avenger to level 2, but the power gem can really help. Here is another viable strategy for a big SGJP:

-Get the power gem and place it on either Hulk, CA, BW, or BP (I like hulk or BW because I can make those shots more easily).

-Power up the avenger to level 2 (fully powered) hopefully before going into the SG wizard mode. Coming out of the SG wizard mode, all your avengers revert to uncollected, except the avenger with the power gem who will retain his/her level (one of the power gem’s abilities). Note, the game will light “change gems” upon collecting all avengers….avoid hitting antman until after winning the SG!

-Win the SG and place it anywhere.

-Collect another gem (I like Reality gem for this because of the big points possible in this mode).

-Use change gems to move the SG to the level 2 avenger (note, this step can come before playing the reality gem).

-Hit the level 2 avenger shot (before draining! the SGJP is available for the rest of your current ball but you lose it if you drain).

-Do a happy dance!

Note that draining also erases any level 1or2 progress unless the power gem is on that avenger, so I try to wait to set up the JP before changing gems.

#7254 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

-Do a happy dance!

It would be pretty funny if this line were included in all instruction cards on the aprons of machines

#7255 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Awesome1 beat me to it, with a very good and succinct explanation.
Soul gem jackpots can be quite lucrative, and trying to boost their value is a viable strategy if you are going for big points. As awesome1 points out, if you place the SG on CM (or the Vision drop targets) the base SGJP is 50% of the just finished gem quest. I don’t think this can be boosted at the drops, but it certainly can at CM via binary multiplayers, as he explained.
The other 4 possible gem locations are avengers that can be powered up. The SGJP is 25% at an uncollected avenger, 50% at a collected avenger, 75% at Level 1, and 150% at Fully Powered (ie level 2). It’s hard to power up an avenger to level 2, but the power gem can really help. Here is another viable strategy for a big SGJP:
-Get the power gem and place it on either Hulk, CA, BW, or BP (I like hulk or BW because I can make those shots more easily).
-Power up the avenger to level 2 (fully powered) hopefully before going into the SG wizard mode. Coming out of the SG wizard mode, all your avengers revert to uncollected, except the avenger with the power gem who will retain his/her level (one of the power gem’s abilities). Note, the game will light “change gems” upon collecting all avengers….avoid hitting antman until after winning the SG!
-Win the SG and place it anywhere.
-Collect another gem (I like Reality gem for this because of the big points possible in this mode).
-Use change gems to move the SG to the level 2 avenger (note, this step can come before playing the reality gem).
-Hit the level 2 avenger shot (before draining! the SGJP is available for the rest of your current ball but you lose it if you drain).
-Do a happy dance!
Note that draining also erases any level 1or2 progress unless the power gem is on that avenger, so I try to wait to set up the JP before changing gems.

Oh, is that all? Easy Peasy! Lol

#7256 4 months ago

Ok I will admit it. I freaking suck at this pin. Having put 50 games on it and have only collected on gem twice lol. Hulk and CM shot are brutal. On some of them gems I will hit the flashing arrows but then don't know where the next shot is so I start to panic lol. I have been watching a bunch of tutorials and lots of reading on here. I am thankful for everyone posting their strategies and why. I love this pin, but dang it fires me up.

#7257 4 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Ok I will admit it. I freaking suck at this pin. Having put 50 games on it and have only collected on gem twice lol. Hulk and CM shot are brutal. On some of them gems I will hit the flashing arrows but then don't know where the next shot is so I start to panic lol. I have been watching a bunch of tutorials and lots of reading on here. I am thankful for everyone posting their strategies and why. I love this pin, but dang it fires me up.

Forget watching online tutorials or other people playing for now - just get the basics sorted.

On AIQ, I'd say this would be:
Learn how to start Thor mb, and what to do when in it.
Likewise with Iron Man mb, and learning how to light the lock.
Learn how to start a gem quest, and how to add portal locks. (You obviously already know how to do that)
Learn what each gem quest is. Do this by playing the same gem over and over and over, until you know what the next shot lit will be without having to think about it.
Learn how to collect each of the 6 Avengers and get to Soul Gem, Black Order Mb, Battle Royale.

From there you can start thinking about deeper modes in the game such as Battle Thanos, Computer Frenzy, Trophy Mania.

THEN you can start thinking about optimising strategies and gem placements and start watching tutorials.

Don't try to run before you can walk, it's not a sprint but a marathon, (and any other pointless proverbs you want to add)

#7258 4 months ago
Quoted from Nstone4425:

Start with the Time Gem - you shoot the gauntlet ramp and Black Widow ramp (either order), followed by the drop targets. Rinse, repeat, then hit the gauntlet ra.p to claim the gem. It's "easy". Once you get the hang of that one, pick another gem and learn the rules. Don't do Space Gem - I still don't really understand fully how that works - I think you have to hit two shots to do damage.

#7259 4 months ago

Double post.

#7260 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Start with the Time Gem - you shoot the gauntlet ramp and Black Widow ramp (either order), followed by the drop targets. Rinse, repeat, then hit the gauntlet ra.p to claim the gem. It's "easy". Once you get the hang of that one, pick another gem and learn the rules. Don't do Space Gem - I still don't really understand fully how that works - I think you have to hit two shots to do damage.

This is good advice…the time gem is straightforward (the same sequence 3 times) and it’s a good choice for the first gem.

The space gem is actually easier than it first looks, I think. It’s my go to quest if I don’t have any portal locks. To do damage, first you have to parry (any right loop, with bonus shot multiplyers if the loop is the continuation of a specific combo). Once you parry, hulk shot lights up to actually do damage….and this is where you collect the shot multiplyer if applicable. Do this three times, then I think there is a Final Blow shot at BW.

What makes it confusing I think is that at the parry stage, there are 4 purple shots lit , but it’s the right OR upper loop that actually qualifies the parry. The other purple lights are prompting you to start the combo that culminates in a parry at the upper loop*. I actually find this quest MORE difficult with MB, but then again MB is a weak link in my skills

*by upper loop I mean the shot from the upper flipper that whizzes around up the back ramp and is deposited in the right inlane

#7261 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Oh, is that all? Easy Peasy! Lol

It’s the difficulty that makes it so rewarding!

#7262 4 months ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

This is good advice…the time gem is straightforward (the same sequence 3 times) and it’s a good choice for the first gem.
The space gem is actually easier than it first looks, I think. It’s my go to quest if I don’t have any portal locks. To do damage, first you have to parry (any right loop, with bonus shot multiplyers if the loop is the continuation of a specific combo). Once you parry, hulk shot lights up to actually do damage….and this is where you collect the shot multiplyer if applicable. Do this three times, then I think there is a Final Blow shot at BW.
What makes it confusing I think is that at the parry stage, there are 4 purple shots lit , but it’s the right OR upper loop that actually qualifies the parry. The other purple lights are prompting you to start the combo that culminates in a parry at the upper loop*. I actually find this quest MORE difficult with MB, but then again MB is a weak link in my skills
*by upper loop I mean the shot from the upper flipper that whizzes around up the back ramp and is deposited in the right inlane

Thanks, will have to play it and see if that works for me. You're right in that having most lanes lit is very confusing.

#7263 4 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Thanks, will have to play it and see if that works for me. You're right in that having most lanes lit is very confusing.

The fastest / simplest way through space gem is right orbit then left orbit, three times. Everything else is just point multipliers and bonus scoring.

#7264 4 months ago

Hey everyone. Received my nib JP last week. Thought my shooter lane was messed up so reached out to Stern. They told me that this is how it is done now and sent me a pic of an AIQ machine that has same setup. Wondering if your games are setup the same?

PXL_20210611_220442646~2.jpg
#7265 4 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Hey everyone. Received my nib JP last week. Thought my shooter lane was messed up so reached out to Stern. They told me that this is how it is done now and sent me a pic of an AIQ machine that has same setup. Wondering if your games are setup the same?
[quoted image]

If you're referring to the metal ends of the prongs not coming all the way to the end of the wood groove they sit in then yes that's normal. Hasn't been an issue on my JP2 or my AIQ.

#7266 4 months ago
Quoted from king_pin:

[quoted image]

My aiq (premium) set up looks the same as yours - there’s a gap between the end of the metal and the edge of the groove. It’s hard to tell in the picture because it’s under a wire form.

E5B9C4FF-C8CB-4391-AAA7-83369F27AD45 (resized).jpeg
#7267 4 months ago

Thanks guys.

#7268 4 months ago
Quoted from Plungerboy:

The fastest / simplest way through space gem is right orbit then left orbit, three times. Everything else is just point multipliers and bonus scoring.

Don't forget the Final Blow at either the Black Widow or Black Panther shot.

#7269 4 months ago

I've had my AIQ LE for almost a week and love it. I have a DP LE, Iron Maiden Premium, Sopranos and this one is quickly becoming my favorite. All the discussion above on the modes, strategies I have a ton to learn but right now I'm just enjoying shooting it. Thanks for whoever posted that fix for the ramp the crosses the playfield - 20% of the time the ball would roll off before getting to the right flipper and bending the tip of that wire form solved the issue! I need to go back and check my side to side level again as I was chasing that trying to fix the ball rolling off issue. I am so happy I picked this up - what a great pin!

#7270 4 months ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I've had my AIQ LE for almost a week and love it. I have a DP LE, Iron Maiden Premium, Sopranos and this one is quickly becoming my favorite. All the discussion above on the modes, strategies I have a ton to learn but right now I'm just enjoying shooting it. Thanks for whoever posted that fix for the ramp the crosses the playfield - 20% of the time the ball would roll off before getting to the right flipper and bending the tip of that wire form solved the issue! I need to go back and check my side to side level again as I was chasing that trying to fix the ball rolling off issue. I am so happy I picked this up - what a great pin!

AIQ Premium was my first pin in October. Picked up DP Prem a couple months back. Perfect combination - such different and unique games. Love them both.

#7271 4 months ago

Just got most of my parts back from the powdercoat guy. A board on his powder rig fried with 3 parts to go. I finally got all of the metal for SW and BM66, so I dropped that off yesterday, and took what he had.

This is "Violet Sparkle" from Prismatic.

20210615_100203.jpg20210615_100332.jpg
#7272 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Just got most of my parts back from the powdercoat guy. A board on his powder rig fried with 3 parts to go. I finally got all of the metal for SW and BM66, so I dropped that off yesterday, and took what he had.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome!

#7273 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Sweeeeet!!

#7274 4 months ago
Quoted from gorditas:

That’s a nice color! Now change your T molding to chrome!

#7275 4 months ago

Never mind my bad

#7276 4 months ago

Soooo..... I was watching the deadflip of Mandalorian - is anyone really excited for this pin? I own AIQ and DP, and nothing about watching that pin made me feel like I should swap one out and get in line for Mandalorian...

#7277 4 months ago
Quoted from RGAires:

To the ones that already played both Pro and Prem, is a big miss the inverted ramp? Wort it to update to a Prem?

Looks like your question got lost in the sea of posts. I’ve played both versions and loved both. I went premium though because I thought the pro is awesome, and I wanted all I could get and more out of this game(being my first NIB) For me, I know I made the right decision. I would miss the Captain Marvel ramp so much. Never tire of hitting that. The subway is cool, but The CM ramp is really the only reason I wanted the premium. You will have fun either way, but if you have the extra funds I think the premium features are what make the game so unique. I played pro for an hour at an arcade, and I have less than 300 balls played on premium(prob 200 because I usually play 2 players) but yeah I looooooove the CM shot! That one shot is fun any time you hit it. It feels so rewarding to start, continue, or finish a combo with that big vertical loop!

#7278 4 months ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Soooo..... I was watching the deadflip of Mandalorian - is anyone really excited for this pin? I own AIQ and DP, and nothing about watching that pin made me feel like I should swap one out and get in line for Mandalorian...

On the fence myself. Love the theme, but I’m still leaning toward Jurassic park for my next purchase. It’s between the 2 for now. I only own AIQ and not sure what other game would be awesome in a 2 game line up.

#7279 4 months ago

I have an AIQ Prem next to a JP Prem right now in a 2 game lineup. JP is less flowy, scoring is better balanced across objectives without multipliers, and the movie code adds incredible audio/visual. Works for me but guests generally don’t love either past a few games. I have a Met at a family members house that I’m excited to bring back as I think it will be a nice short, simpler game to complement the Elwins.

Quoted from Magicmike0:

On the fence myself. Love the theme, but I’m still leaning toward Jurassic park for my next purchase. It’s between the 2 for now. I only own AIQ and not sure what other game would be awesome in a 2 game line up.

#7280 4 months ago

ToddSonOfOdin cool man. Yeah I love AIQ and JP. Played them both at an arcade before finally deciding that AIQ would be my first new pin. I think I’d be content owning both in a 2 game, but seems my daughter and gf are already losing interest in AIQ. They love the shots and theme but too complicated for them. They both asked if we could get Guardians(which is another nice option)
It will be a tough decision. I guess I could stop being greedy and get something they would like to play too. I like GOTG but I think I would tire of it. I tried Deadpool twice now because I thought I was missing something, and maybe I still am, but it just does nothing for me. Mando looks ok, but I mod have to play it. My problem is not sure if I need 2 Elwins. They play kind of similar. Such fun shots! I will have a JP one day either way.
Maybe for now I get them a Guardians?

#7281 4 months ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

ToddSonOfOdin cool man. Yeah I love AIQ and JP. Played them both at an arcade before finally deciding that AIQ would be my first new pin. I think I’d be content owning both in a 2 game, but seems my daughter and gf are already losing interest in AIQ. They love the shots and theme but too complicated for them. They both asked if we could get Guardians(which is another nice option)
It will be a tough decision. I guess I could stop being greedy and get something they would like to play too. I like GOTG but I think I would tire of it. I tried Deadpool twice now because I thought I was missing something, and maybe I still am, but it just does nothing for me. Mando looks ok, but I mod have to play it. My problem is not sure if I need 2 Elwins. They play kind of similar. Such fun shots! I will have a JP one day either way.
Maybe for now I get them a Guardians?

I think they would enjoy DP more then GOTG, it is easier and great for all skill levels.

#7282 4 months ago

not to mention, better looking

#7283 4 months ago

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have issues with the gauntlet ramp? When I hit that shot, the ball "bounces" when it drops down to the upper flipper. Its rare that it drops down from the ramp and smoothly rolls down towards the flipper for a consistent shot. I didn't really notice this until playing another AIQ at a bar and noticed every time it dropped to the upper flipper, it was perfect and consistent. Thanks in advance!

#7284 4 months ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi everyone,
Does anyone have issues with the gauntlet ramp? When I hit that shot, the ball "bounces" when it drops down to the upper flipper. Its rare that it drops down from the ramp and smoothly rolls down towards the flipper for a consistent shot. I didn't really notice this until playing another AIQ at a bar and noticed every time it dropped to the upper flipper, it was perfect and consistent. Thanks in advance!

You can move the drop left and right by loosing the attachment by the drop point. I think I have moved mine a hair so that it drops and rolls smoothly down to the top flipper.

#7285 4 months ago

Hi all you AIQ owners. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a premium, I've been reading some of the reviews etc. So far I think this would be a fun game to own in my current line up. So my question is I guess the only real negative about the game is the sound and call outs, is this true and does it really take away from the game that much?

Thanks!

#7286 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hi all you AIQ owners. I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a premium, I've been reading some of the reviews etc. So far I think this would be a fun game to own in my current line up. So my question is I guess the only real negative about the game is the sound and call outs, is this true and does it really take away from the game that much?
Thanks!

Both the sound and call outs really are that bad, but the layout and rules are more than enough to make up for them. If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll be putting clips from the cartoon that this was inspired by (Avengers Assemble i think it was called?) and callouts from the MCU, custom music etc. Waiting on the code to be finished now

#7287 4 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Both the sound and call outs really are that bad, but the layout and rules are more than enough to make up for them. If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll be putting clips from the cartoon that this was inspired by (Avengers Assemble i think it was called?) and callouts from the MCU, custom music etc. Waiting on the code to be finished now

The sounds, callouts, etc. don't bother me. I also own DP and the music and callouts are killer. In comparison, AIQ is not good. However, does not take away from the game for me. AIQ is phenomenal.

#7288 4 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:Both the sound and call outs really are that bad, but the layout and rules are more than enough to make up for them. If someone else doesn't do it first, I'll be putting clips from the cartoon that this was inspired by (Avengers Assemble i think it was called?) and callouts from the MCU, custom music etc. Waiting on the code to be finished now

Will the updates you mention be available for others ?

#7289 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks!

I might be the odd man out. The sounds and call outs aren't bad. If you are expecting them to be pulled from the movie well we know that didn't happen. They don't bug me or make me cringe. Some of them make me smile. The pin is amazing and a freaking blast to play.

I disliked Monster Bash due to the sounds and call outs. Same with EHOH well her voice drives me crazy.

#7290 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks!

Being a huge Marvel fan, I embraced it all. They did what they could and to me it’s just another take on the comics with some new voice actors. Everything about the sound makes me feel like I’m playing a Marvel game, and honestly I love it! Could it be better? Sure. But for me I feel like I’m playing a marvel game in a marvel universe and that’s all I need. Great game!

#7291 4 months ago

Thanks for the feedback so far. Hoping to receive more from others later in the day when our work is done and we get down to real business, PINBALL!

So here is some additional info that may help others respond about this game. I like art work, lighting, shot layout, code depth, games that have curb appeal when you look at it from an overall standpoint, which I think this game has. I'm I right? I have not yet seen this game in flesh and bone, so going on what I've seen on video etc.

As a measuring stick I own a Munster's premium (black and white version) and love the art work, lighting, and overall curb appeal. That game lacks in depth of play, but it's stayed in my collection because I enjoy the theme and all the other aspects of that game, and I have other games in my collection that challenge me on depth of play etc. So I guess I'm considering this game because it's an 'ALL AROUNDER' that is satisfying to play, look at, good lighting, and code that offers many different ways to play it, am I right ?

What have you heard about any updates coming in the future, I haven't read all the previous postings, so hoping to get the most current feedback on this one.

Thanks again!

#7292 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Thanks for the feedback so far. Hoping to receive more from others later in the day when our work is done and we get down to real business, PINBALL!
So here is some additional info that may help others respond about this game. I like art work, lighting, shot layout, code depth, games that have curb appeal when you look at it from an overall standpoint, which I think this game has. I'm I right? I have not yet seen this game in flesh and bone, so going on what I've seen on video etc.
As a measuring stick I own a Munster's premium (black and white version) and love the art work, lighting, and overall curb appeal. That game lacks in depth of play, but it's stayed in my collection because I enjoy the theme and all the other aspects of that game, and I have other games in my collection that challenge me on depth of play etc. So I guess I'm considering this game because it's an 'ALL AROUNDER' that is satisfying to play, look at, good lighting, and code that offers many different ways to play it, am I right ?
What have you heard about any updates coming in the future, I haven't read all the previous postings, so hoping to get the most current feedback on this one.
Thanks again!

I think the updates are probably about done. Last update (or prior) made a pretty notable change to the graphics/wallpaper. Game is pretty dialed in at this point...

#7293 4 months ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I like art work, lighting, shot layout, code depth, games that have curb appeal when you look at it from an overall standpoint, which I think this game has. I'm I right?

I think you're right.

Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

So I guess I'm considering this game because it's an 'ALL AROUNDER' that is satisfying to play, look at, good lighting, and code that offers many different ways to play it, am I right ?

I think you're right again.

I think every machine has its pros and cons where some people think the layout/art/code/video/music/callouts (take your pick) could have been better. On AIQ I think the curb appeal elements you mention are all pretty great. I think the video screen and callouts could have been done/used a bit better, but for me that's just a minor "if this game could be made PERFECT" thing and it hasn't detracted at all from how fun I think the game is to play or look at while playing.

Great shot layout & flow and really fun to string together 5, 6, or 7 shots in a row. Fun rule set and coding with plenty of depth plus an extra layer of depth from the strategy of gem placement that most games don't have. Experimenting with different gem placement makes for lots of different & fun ways to play. I don't see it leaving my lineup any time soon.

As dougPDX mentioned I don't expect more in the way of updates, and I'm good with that. I think it's come along really well and I think it's really good. I don't really see any obvious or big holes in the code & rules and I'd guess the AIQ team is well into work on their next game.

#7294 4 months ago

I think the music is fine. The call outs are actually ok too, as are the animations (I prefer these 2D style ones over 3D any day). The big problem is - there's just nowhere near enough of them. So as you are pinging the ball around there just isn't enough audio feedback - hence the general consensus that the music/callouts are lacking and make the game appear a little hollow, plus it gets a little repetitive audio wise.

Compare it to something like Deadpool, which has banging music, plenty of audio feedback when you hits shots and as far as call outs go - well I've had the game for over a year and I still hear new things! Amazing...

So for me, it just needs more of the same - which I reckon may still arrive in future code updates. That audio stuff aside though it's an absolutely amazing game, it shoots like a dream, has a superbly deep ruleset and yep the machine itself looks incredible.

#7295 4 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

As soon as you do call outs and clips of the fantastic Avengers Assemble anime, I’m in, so please notify me! That would make a great game even greater. I’m not really a fan of all the negative tones constantly coming from Thanos. Yes I know he’s a bad guy already, but can’t we do them more in the vein of Avengers Assemble Thanos second season? They are so much better than the ghastly Thanos ones in our game. Getting sick and tired of the same 3 Thanos call outs. We already know Thanos is evil, but do we have to constantly be bombarded with the same 3 call outs being told over and over that Thanos represents death is too over the top for young children and tiring for us adults? Doing a JP movie treatment using Avengers Assemble second season, that can be found on Disney Plus would push AIQ over the top as one of the best games ever imo. And using Thanos call outs from Avengers Assemble would be sooooo much better than what team Stern has picked. Why not include the other avengers in the call outs and reduce Thanos to 1 or 2 at most call outs only, when we are actually battling him and not during other modes, that he is not present. Call outs need big time work Keith, please.

#7296 4 months ago

The in game music is terrible but I'm using a custom mix and it's so much better. Actual Avengers theme song, some Led Zep, etc.

#7297 4 months ago

I've been a bit back and forth falling out of love and then falling back in love with this game. Shoots amazing, but finding the playfield bare. Does anyone have the LERMODS figures (Black Panther, Iron Man, etc) and if so, do you find that they spruce up the playfield (in addition that is to the amazing tower and sanctum mod by mezelmods).

#7298 4 months ago
Quoted from JPloof:

I've been a bit back and forth falling out of love and then falling back in love with this game. Shoots amazing, but finding the playfield bare. Does anyone have the LERMODS figures (Black Panther, Iron Man, etc) and if so, do you find that they spruce up the playfield (in addition that is to the amazing tower and sanctum mod by mezelmods).

I have dropped a few in the spruce it up a bit.

492623B1-9631-419F-AEAD-6B5BA35318D0 (resized).jpegB15AD6AE-BFCD-489D-BED5-7BBB69D822F4 (resized).jpeg
#7299 4 months ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

As soon as you do call outs and clips of the fantastic Avengers Assemble anime, I’m in, so please notify me! That would make a great game even greater. I’m not really a fan of all the negative tones constantly coming from Thanos. Yes I know he’s a bad guy already, but can’t we do them more in the vein of Avengers Assemble Thanos second season? They are so much better than the ghastly Thanos ones in our game. Getting sick and tired of the same 3 Thanos call outs. We already know Thanos is evil, but do we have to constantly be bombarded with the same 3 call outs being told over and over that Thanos represents death is too over the top for young children and tiring for us adults? Doing a JP movie treatment using Avengers Assemble second season, that can be found on Disney Plus would push AIQ over the top as one of the best games ever imo. And using Thanos call outs from Avengers Assemble would be sooooo much better than what team Stern has picked. Why not include the other avengers in the call outs and reduce Thanos to 1 or 2 at most call outs only, when we are actually battling him and not during other modes, that he is not present. Call outs need big time work Keith, please.

AIQ audio package certainly isn't on say Deadpool level, but it isn't bad... haven't gotten tired of them yet and I've put nearly 2500 games played on my Premium since November 2020.

I'm sure Stern didn't have the room in the BOM to get other callouts, music (and visuals), etc. I would be willing to try a new audio/visual package like was done for JP and TMNT if one ever becomes available, but the current package is alright.

#7300 4 months ago

I just wish the callouts made it a little clearer what you're supposed to do during modes. For example, when you win a gem, there is really no celebration letting you know it's time to collect. That's especially true when you have Iron Man or Thor multiball going on at the same time. Little tweaks like that would go a long way.

There are 8555 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 172.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside