IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 256.
#7151 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Any advise on where to place the gems once earned?

I try to move the power around after leveling up an Avenger to level 2. Usually start it on Black Widow or Hulk.

Time can be good on Black Widow, but I also like it on Vision or Captain America.

Mind I'll try to place on a level 1 Avenger if I'm about to go into Soul Gem or a Wizard Mode, otherwise usually put it on Black Widow.

My latest strategy for higher scoring is to put the Reality gem on Hulk and get the first couple of Gamma Ray bonuses and then move it to Captain Marvel. Big points when going Binary with Captain Marvel multiplier and Reality Gem after a couple Binary awards!

I also like to put Soul gem on Captain Marvel, Hulk, Black Widow or Black Panther.

The Change Gems can be very beneficial, but of course the best plans don't always work out that way though...

#7152 2 years ago

To the ones that already played both Pro and Prem, is a big miss the inverted ramp? Wort it to update to a Prem?

#7153 2 years ago

Hulk was very Angry!

IMG_0729 (resized).JPGIMG_0729 (resized).JPG
#7154 2 years ago

Dialed in my auto plunger. Bent the forks slightly inward. Get a full plunge 90% of the time now.

#7155 2 years ago

New Pinball owner here. I got my Avengers Premium 2 months ago and today in my first game after returning from a week vacation I am greeted with "OPERATOR ALERT! SUBWAY LOCK DEVICE MALFUNCTIONED". If I play, The ball only seems to progress down the subway when the Ball search happens and even then the timing is off and the pins pop up and sometimes push the ball back in the wrong direction. Anyone having issues like this? I have a call in to my distributer, but they won't be in until tomorrow.

IMG_2913 (resized).jpgIMG_2913 (resized).jpg
#7156 2 years ago
Quoted from dbbaskette:

New Pinball owner here. I got my Avengers Premium 2 months ago and today in my first game after returning from a week vacation I am greeted with "OPERATOR ALERT! SUBWAY LOCK DEVICE MALFUNCTIONED". If I play, The ball only seems to progress down the subway when the Ball search happens and even then the timing is off and the pins pop up and sometimes push the ball back in the wrong direction. Anyone having issues like this? I have a call in to my distributer, but they won't be in until tomorrow.
[quoted image]

Did you check under the playfield to see if everything looks ok? Does everything work if you manually move the fingers with your hand?

#7157 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Did you check under the playfield to see if everything looks ok? Does everything work if you manually move the fingers with your hand?

Like I said, I am new to this...so I didn't want to go pushing and pulling the workings unless I knew what I was doing or at least looking for..

#7158 2 years ago
Quoted from dbbaskette:

Like I said, I am new to this...so I didn't want to go pushing and pulling the workings unless I knew what I was doing or at least looking for..

You’ll have to pull the glass and lift the playfield (remove balls first) to diagnose. Then you will have to move the coil mechanism to see if it’s broken, which is common. It’s very easy, you can’t break anything or make it worse. Do it with game off.

#7159 2 years ago

This Mezel mod replacement for the Avengers tower is awesome!!!

0FE42E8D-A22A-4387-87A3-18BE145C9BCB (resized).jpeg0FE42E8D-A22A-4387-87A3-18BE145C9BCB (resized).jpeg
#7160 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I use Cliffy protectors on all my stuff, but on this game I tried the clear lexan protector for the shooter lane and really like how well it protects and performed. Plus it was a piece of cake to install. In such time if I play this game a few thousand times and it wears out, I'll just grab another.

Any idea on where to buy one? Mezel was sold out

#7161 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Any idea on where to buy one? Mezel was sold out

https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

Be sure to select the AIQ machine

#7162 2 years ago

Hello,

I joined the AIQLE club today and have a couple questions I’m hoping people can help me figure out:

* I have the topper hooked up and double checked all the connections. The attached pictures show the 2nd gem not illuminating at all during gameplay and this is consistent not matter what is going on in gameplay or number of players. The light behind that gem does work as shown by the other pic - during gameplay and attract mode. Is this a coding issue with the topper?
* Does anyone have a LE with the stern side armor on it? I haven’t seen a full pic with them on an LE and not sure I like the look of the black armor…

Thanks for any input!

47084D55-946A-4BF7-BCDE-E18AA64C62CC (resized).jpeg47084D55-946A-4BF7-BCDE-E18AA64C62CC (resized).jpegB875A584-91E8-4FEA-ADF7-B2B91C1B1086 (resized).jpegB875A584-91E8-4FEA-ADF7-B2B91C1B1086 (resized).jpeg
#7163 2 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

Hello,
I joined the AIQLE club today and have a couple questions I’m hoping people can help me figure out:
* I have the topper hooked up and double checked all the connections. The attached pictures show the 2nd gem not illuminating at all during gameplay and this is consistent not matter what is going on in gameplay or number of players. The light behind that gem does work as shown by the other pic - during gameplay and attract mode. Is this a coding issue with the topper?
* Does anyone have a LE with the stern side armor on it? I haven’t seen a full pic with them on an LE and not sure I like the look of the black armor…
Thanks for any input![quoted image][quoted image]

VirtualMayhem The gems only light as you win them during the game and this persists across games (it doesn't reset after each one). Once you get all gems lit on the topper you get a bonus "topper-only" mode - i think it's called gem-mania. Yours actually looks exactly the same as mine because I can NEVER win the space gem, so it's never lit...

#7164 2 years ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

VirtualMayhem The gems only light as you win them during the game and this persists across games (it doesn't reset after each one). Once you get all gems lit on the topper you get a bonus "topper-only" mode - i think it's called gem-mania. Yours actually looks exactly the same as mine because I can NEVER win the space gem, so it's never lit...

Umm wow that make sense. I'm going to have to figure out how to get that one. The prior owner apparently never got it either? If I reset the game - scores, etc. will the turn all the gems in the topper off until I earn them in game?

#7165 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Really? I didn't know that, must have always hit it by accident until now
Thanks.

Not quite true that you always have to hit the sanctum Kev.

There are 4 lights lit at the start of Mind gem, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. One of them will be blinking a little faster, and indicates they are under mind control.

If you hit any shot you can then spin the disc to free them. The more shots you hit before spinning the disc the more points it's worth.
Repeat this 3 times.

If you have hit the blinking shot in all 3 stages you don't have to hit the sanctum target. If you have missed the blinking light, even just once, you need the sanctum target.

If I'm in single ball play I'll focus on making the blinking shot before spinning the disc, so I don't have to hit the sanctum. In MB I just want to spin the disc asap so I can then keep shooting for the sanctum.

#7166 2 years ago

Good day all. I'm considering joining this club as a home use owner. So the depth of the code intrigues me as I like deep games. I have a LZ Pro. I like it alot - but for some reason I'm being drawn to this after watching many videos of the game play. and NO I have not played it yet-planning on going on location in STL this coming Friday.

Anyone out there have time to give me the comparison in their opinion? I would love some honest feedback vs LZ, pro/prem, etc.

#7167 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Good day all. I'm considering joining this club as a home use owner. So the depth of the code intrigues me as I like deep games. I have a LZ Pro. I like it alot - but for some reason I'm being drawn to this after watching many videos of the game play. and NO I have not played it yet-planning on going on location in STL this coming Friday.
Anyone out there have time to give me the comparison in their opinion? I would love some honest feedback vs LZ, pro/prem, etc.

LZ- faster more flowy game, not as deep or complex, easier than AIQ, fun to shoot for combos and jam to LZ music.

AIQ- slower with still plenty of flow, unique shots and modes, harder than LZ, deep and complex.

#7168 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

LZ- faster more flowy game, not as deep or complex, easier than AIQ, fun to shoot for combos and jam to LZ music.
AIQ- slower with still plenty of flow, unique shots and modes, harder than LZ, deep and complex.

I guess the two are hard to compare....would be nice to own each, I suppose, huh?

#7169 2 years ago
Quoted from Morhaus:

Tough to compare.

Best to play Avengers for maybe half an hour if you can on location to see if you like it. There are differences between the Pro and Premium. As a Premium owner I like the depth and extras. If it is Pro on location, take into account that the game play is a bit different.

Quoted from manadams:

That is a fair assessment.

#7170 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You’ll have to pull the glass and lift the playfield (remove balls first) to diagnose. Then you will have to move the coil mechanism to see if it’s broken, which is common. It’s very easy, you can’t break anything or make it worse. Do it with game off.

Repair person came out today. The middle sensor in the subway is not working so it’s basically stuck in ball find.

#7171 2 years ago

How big of a pita is leveling the portal disc? Any tips?

#7172 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Hi TaylorVA, plenty of specifics here on this issue, including key posts at the top of this page... that isn’t RTFM advice. But the good stuff is already documented about early builds needing a leveling kit, late 2020 builds and forward probably don’t, and Stern documentation on adjusting the disc, no need to repeat.

The biggest tip is getting a cloth and larger wrench on the plastic nut to initially loosen the disc. It feels like a trust fall....”am I doing this right.” Be cautious but deliberate and firm, loosen the nut and all the other instructions and adjustments I mention in the key posts are straight forward.

Once I confirmed I had the leveling kit, I’ve only adjusted once for 700+ games, and it’s a 10-20 minute effort.

Good luck

#7173 2 years ago
Quoted from dbbaskette:

Repair person came out today. The middle sensor in the subway is not working so it’s basically stuck in ball find.

Figured it was something like that. Not sure if he checked, but it could be the optos are misaligned or plugged in incorrectly, seen both before.

#7174 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

There are 4 lights lit at the start of Mind gem, Hulk, Black Widow, Captain Marvel and Black Panther. One of them will be blinking a little faster, and indicates they are under mind control.
If you hit any shot you can then spin the disc to free them. The more shots you hit before spinning the disc the more points it's worth.
Repeat this 3 times.
If you have hit the blinking shot in all 3 stages you don't have to hit the sanctum target. If you have missed the blinking light, even just once, you need the sanctum target.
If I'm in single ball play I'll focus on making the blinking shot before spinning the disc, so I don't have to hit the sanctum. In MB I just want to spin the disc asap so I can then keep shooting for the sanctum.

Thanks Wayne.

#7175 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I have received two replacements from stern and both are out of plane (as was the original) for my premium. I ended up doing surgery on one and get it pretty close to on plane by disassembling, removing the post and adding some shrink tape to the post up in the mount, reassembling several times trying different positions (the screws can go in multiple spots) and then adding Mylar under half of the disc cover piece. It’s better, still not perfect. I will say Stern isn’t doing any QC work on the warranty replacements and it shows.

Out of level and off plane are two different issues, and I think often misunderstood.

I have a February 21 build and the leveling kit was sent to me initially and it wasn’t necessary. I had to send videos showing the disc out of plane with the bushing / play field for the additional support.

#7176 2 years ago

My replacement walk assembly started failing about 50% of the time (better than the 100% of the original I guess...), so Stern is sending me another one. I really commend their customer service - Pablo is awesome at responding and getting parts out. However I asked if anything is being done about the mech, and he said nothing that he's aware of yet, so that's a little disappointing, especially since the part obviously has some issues. I really don't understand why Stern made this mech instead of using a couple of popup posts... Seems overly complex and expensive to design a new mech, and even more so when it seems to have a lot of issues.

#7177 2 years ago

Anybody try their luck with the custom Titan kits that are listed on their site for this pin?
I figured most of those kits are designed by us pinsiders. lol
I want to put clear rings on mine and colored posts and flippers. I know that for every kit you build on there, if someone buys it you get rewarded by discounts on next order so figured I’d see if any of you guys built any sweet kits?
I’ve built my own in the past for all my pins,but I usually forget something. Ha

#7178 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

My replacement walk assembly started failing about 50% of the time (better than the 100% of the original I guess...), so Stern is sending me another one. I really commend their customer service - Pablo is awesome at responding and getting parts out. However I asked if anything is being done about the mech, and he said nothing that he's aware of yet, so that's a little disappointing, especially since the part obviously has some issues. I really don't understand why Stern made this mech instead of using a couple of popup posts... Seems overly complex and expensive to design a new mech, and even more so when it seems to have a lot of issues.

Sorry you are having continued issues... luckily my subway mech from early build last October hasn't had any issues. Sometimes 2 balls will end up together and the fingers will activate and separate them to go in their correct spots. Popup posts wouldn't be able to do that, but I understand your concern if they keep sending you parts that aren't working.

#7179 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

I have received two replacements from stern and both are out of plane (as was the original) for my premium. I ended up doing surgery on one and get it pretty close to on plane by disassembling, removing the post and adding some shrink tape to the post up in the mount, reassembling several times trying different positions (the screws can go in multiple spots) and then adding Mylar under half of the disc cover piece. It’s better, still not perfect. I will say Stern isn’t doing any QC work on the warranty replacements and it shows.
Out of level and off plane are two different issues, and I think often misunderstood.
I have a February 21 build and the leveling kit was sent to me initially and it wasn’t necessary. I had to send videos showing the disc out of plane with the bushing / play field for the additional support.

I luckily haven't had to deal with leveling or out of plane issues on my Premium yet, but I did have to tighten down the black outer ring after about 2300 plays since I noticed some balls starting to catch on the edge. In your video the black outer ring looks a little high to me in the front (side aiming towards flippers), but this was most likely before your repairs.

I have the 3 page adjustment pdf ready in case I need it at some point and hopefully that will be all that I need.

#7180 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I luckily haven't had to deal with leveling or out of plane issues on my Premium yet, but I did have to tighten down the black outer ring after about 2300 plays since I noticed some balls starting to catch on the edge. In your video the black outer ring looks a little high to me in the front (side aiming towards flippers), but this was most likely before your repairs.
I have the 3 page adjustment pdf ready in case I need it at some point and hopefully that will be all that I need.

Hard to say, it may have been at that time. Ive worked on it a lot and it still occasionally will redirect a ball coming down from the pops but it’s way better than it was out of the box!

#7181 2 years ago

PinballHaven Mine is out of plane similar to the video you posted, thanks for sharing, and I am still at a loss as to how the replacement bushing kit would help the issue. Are there instructions on how to use adjust the bushings to align the disc with the playfield? I don't see that information anywhere.

#7182 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Plungerboy Mine is out of plane similar to the video you posted, thanks for sharing, and I am still at a loss as to how the replacement bushing kit would help the issue. Are there instructions on how to use adjust the bushings to align the disc with the playfield? I don't see that information anywhere.

The replacement bushing kit does nothing for this problem. I eventually got stern to send me a new disc, which was also mildly out of plane but works well enough. It took them months to send.

#7183 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

The replacement bushing kit does nothing for this problem. I eventually got stern to send me a new disc, which was also mildly out of plane but works well enough. It took them months to send.

That's what I was thinking I would need. Thanks

#7184 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Sorry you are having continued issues... luckily my subway mech from early build last October hasn't had any issues. Sometimes 2 balls will end up together and the fingers will activate and separate them to go in their correct spots. Popup posts wouldn't be able to do that, but I understand your concern if they keep sending you parts that aren't working.

I've never had that issue. With both mechs, the issue for me is with the last finger in the subway not always raising all the way, which puts the 2nd ball lock out of the view of the sensor... So it doesn't know the ball is there, thinks it's in the playfield, and goes into a ball search, thus releasing both balls from the subway.

#7185 2 years ago

Decent 1st ball...

PXL_20210605_234919278 (resized).jpgPXL_20210605_234919278 (resized).jpg
#7186 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Decent 1st ball...
[quoted image]

Amazing man, what was your strategy on the Gems?

#7187 2 years ago

Contacted Stern about my Portal disc issue and they are going to send me a kit that includes a fix for the shaft opposed to the leveling bushing kit.

Really enjoy the shots and rules, but the game has some serious design issues that really take away from the playing experience.

#7188 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Contacted Stern about my Portal disc issue and they are going to send me a kit that includes a fix for the shaft opposed to the leveling bushing kit.
Really enjoy the shots and rules, but the game has some serious design issues that really take away from the playing experience.

Interesting, please share pics when you get it if it is more than just a new disc / post. Premium or pro?

#7189 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Thanks for pointing this out-I never picked up on this rule. Definitely makes mind easier to collect in single ball.

#7190 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Repeat this 3 times.

This a good strategy for the mind gem that I have used. I'd just like to add one small detail is that the display will show you who is under mind control so if you already made the shot, you know you are good to go for the disk.

#7191 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Interesting, please share pics when you get it if it is more than just a new disc / post. Premium or pro?

Premium. My disc is basically doing the same thing as yours. To me it seems like the disc plate or shaft is causing the issue. Sucks as it creates air balls if on the low side or alters the path of the ball out of the slings. Pretty bummed about it tbh.

#7192 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Quoted from TaylorVA:

I've seen some posts with people using washers under the mounting bolts to shim the disc back to a level plane. Will this work for you guys?

#7193 2 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Decent 1st ball...
[quoted image]

Nice! I'm guessing the pic was taken after a short extra ball since no combos and only 53 switches hit?

#7194 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen some posts with people using washers under the mounting bolts to shim the disc back to a level plane. Will this work for you guys?

Under the disc plate? I need to dig deeper, just sucks to play it right now.

#7195 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Under the disc plate? I need to dig deeper, just sucks to play it right now.

Under the playfield on the mounting bolts for the disc mech is where you can add washers to bring the disc to a more level position with the playfield. The topside playfield plate is adjusted with the screws on top. You want it just a c hair below level with the playfield not above the playfield.

#7196 2 years ago

Dup post

#7197 2 years ago

This is why I went with the pro. As cool as the opening portal is, the raising disk assembly seems quite fragile and fussy, and the lockup trough is meh and also fussy. Pro being just a spinner is much simpler and I've not had to do any fiddling with anything except repositioning the DT bank forward a bit so the targets actually dropped.

I would absolutely love to buy an Avengers "Promium" with the CM ramp but none of the other Premium features.

#7198 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

This is why I went with the pro. As cool as the opening portal is, the raising disk assembly seems quite fragile and fussy, and the lockup trough is meh and also fussy. Pro being just a spinner is much simpler and I've not had to do any fiddling with anything except repositioning the DT bank forward a bit so the targets actually dropped.
I would absolutely love to buy an Avengers "Promium" with the CM ramp but none of the other Premium features.

Would be great if someone find a way/mod to put the CM ramp in to the pro...

#7199 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I have a Premium with an Oct. 20th build date and have had zero issues with my portal local assembly and trough mechanism. A little over 2,000 plays so far. Plays as good as it did on the first day, very well built.

Don't forget, you also lose out on the ant-man scoop which is great to take a breather and move your gems around.

I'm very happy with my Premium purchase so far. The Captain Marvel ramp is the most satisfying shot in pinball without a question. It's even better when you combo it with Black Widow and go binary. The shot layout and code make this game a masterpiece.

#7200 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I have a Premium with an Oct. 20th build date and have had zero issues with my portal local assembly and trough mechanism. A little over 2,000 plays so far. Plays as good as it did on the first day, very well built.
Don't forget, you also lose out on the ant-man scoop which is great to take a breather and move your gems around.
I'm very happy with my Premium purchase so far. The Captain Marvel ramp is the most satisfying shot in pinball without a question. It's even better when you combo it with Black Widow and go binary. The shot layout and code make this game a masterpiece.

Same for me... Oct 13th 2020 build date with 2500 plays and no issues with the disk or portal lock.

I can understand the frustration from those that have had problems, but I would guess the majority are working fine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

5,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Whispering Pines, NC
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.