IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 253.
#7101 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Thanks for the feedback! Can you suggest the best method for cleaning the playfield and at what frequency? The wholesaler that I purchased it from only told me to go in and tighten everything on the playfield that has a nut or screw as they loosen in shipping.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

Do not use anything more harsh than you need to clean. Most cleaning can honestly be done with only a microfiber rag, though Novus 1 will shine it up quick. Novus 2 is great for heavier cleaning, but there should be no need for that any time soon (if ever at home). A good carnauba paste wax (not liquid) is an optional step. It's not really necessary on a new clearcoated playfield, but it will offer a bit of protection and help it stay clean longer. There are many other options for cleaning and waxing, but these are the most tried and true, and there is really no need to look beyond them.

Yes, there will be many different preferences on playfield cleaning, but on NIB games, I pretty much just use a microfiber cloth and Novus 1 to clean the playfield, flippers and rubbers and then use some 'Wizards Mist and Shine" as a finish wipe down on the playfield.

Do this as needed... might be once a month or once a week. Usually every hundred or so games played in my case.

Also - turn down the trough eject setting to as low as it will consistently eject the balls to prevent shooter lane damage and also add Cliffy, Mylar or similar to prevent shooter lane damage.

#7102 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Thanks for the feedback! Can you suggest the best method for cleaning the playfield and at what frequency? The wholesaler that I purchased it from only told me to go in and tighten everything on the playfield that has a nut or screw as they loosen in shipping.

Everything Jediturtle and awesome1 said is spot on. There really isn't a set frequency. I play about an hour or so per night and clean every 1-2 weeks.

For the general/frequent cleaning I usually do it when I start to see ball trails appear in front of the flippers. I'm using rubber on the flippers. I think silicone doesn't result in as much ball trail so if you're using silicone and playing a lot then once every week or so just spray some Wizards Mist N Shine on a microfiber and wipe down the playfield. If there are any ball trails that are tough to get I use my bare finger to rub them first and then if that doesn't get them I use Novus 1 or 2. For cleaning the flippers, standup targets, and other playfield rubbers I put some Wildcat RC-88 rubber cleaner on a rag and wipe them down. Works really well.

For less frequent (every 3-4 months) deeper cleaning I put some Novus 1 or 2 (depending on how long it's been) on the microfiber to clean the entire playfield and then I wax it with a carnauba wax as Jediturtle said. I use Mothers California Gold wax and I've been really happy with it.

#7103 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Thanks Jediturtle, really appreciate it. Would you say once a month with microfiber is the way to go? Or more/less? Then the Novus as needed?

No time limits. Clean it when it's dirty.

I will say a good layer of wax really helps my Captain Marvel ramp. Mine was really good out of the box, but a few weeks ago it seemed like I could make it half the time or less. Gave it a good wax and now it's flying around that ramp better than ever. So I would say clean it whenever it looks like it needs it, or when a larger than usual amount of (good) shots to Capt Marvel do not make it.

#7104 2 years ago

EaglePin Jediturtle awesome1 thanks so much for taking time to help out a new guy. appreciate it! If you ever need help with a vpin (blasphemy), hit me up!

#7105 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Have you looked into the things I suggested in your other thread?

Quoted from shaub:

As for the falling off the wireform, I suspect the red-circled part of the wireform might need to be bent slightly more to the back of the machine, in order to keep the ball centered between the two wires of the straightaway portion. But slo-mo video would help to see exactly what the ball is doing.
[quoted image]

Thank you all so much!!! i slightly bent the wire on the center ramp right where you and the keyforum indicated and i have not had ONE issue since!

i have yet to still dive into the plunger issue, ive had too much fun playing the game now that i don't have the issue i had before. i'm nailing those super secret skill shots on the drop targets.

Thank again, i love the pinball community!!

#7106 2 years ago

Question, when you play all 6 gems (whether you win or lose), do you need to spell strange before starting the battle Thanos mode? I played all 6 gem quests last night and drained before i could spell strange and hit the wide ramp. Thanks!

#7107 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Question, when you play all 6 gems (whether you win or lose), do you need to spell strange before starting the battle Thanos mode? I played all 6 gem quests last night and drained before i could spell strange and hit the wide ramp. Thanks!

I think so, because I did that last weekend as well.

#7108 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

I can't even get 3.

#7109 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Yes, after playing all 6 gem quests, you also have to have played Battle Royale and then spell Strange to start Battle Thanos.

Note... If you didn't have the Soul gem until winning Battle Royale, you will have to play Thanos Attacks before Battle Thanos.

Also... if you have all 6 gems in your possession, you are awarded 1 Billion points and you skip Battle Thanos and go straight to Super Victory Laps.

#7110 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yes, after playing all 6 gem quests, you also have to have played Battle Royale and then spell Strange to start Battle Thanos.
Note... If you didn't have the Soul gem until winning Battle Royale, you will have to play Thanos Attacks before Battle Thanos.
Also... if you have all 6 gems in your possession, you are awarded 1 Billion points and you skip Battle Thanos and go straight to Super Victory Laps.

Awesome, thanks for the clarification. I did play battle royal. I was so close!!

#7111 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I can't even get 3.

Keep at it! 3 is excellent. You probably already know this, but try getting thor and iron man multiballs close and then starting them once you start a quest. Also, i typically go with mind stone first and place it on a shot that usually have trouble with for future quest. Good luck!

#7112 2 years ago

Does anyone have pinstadiums on their machine? If so, what kind and is it worth it? Thanks!

#7114 2 years ago

I had an issue with my subway mech - the last finger didn't come up high enough so the opto in the trough never knew the 2nd ball was locked. I contacted Stern, they said it's a known issue and sent me a new one. It looked the same from my eyes, and after a few games, 50% of the time the same issue occurs. Better than the old one but still terrible.

I really hope Stern permanently fixes this as physical ball locks are my favorite feature in pinball.

#7115 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Does anyone have pinstadiums on their machine? If so, what kind and is it worth it? Thanks!

I do and love them! That uv flasher really makes it pop! I have mine tiffered off the left spinner.
I've got the omegas on it as the color option on the news didn't really look right to me. I out the news on another game.

20210528_062617 (resized).jpg20210528_062617 (resized).jpg
#7116 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I had an issue with my subway mech - the last finger didn't come up high enough so the opto in the trough never knew the 2nd ball was locked. I contacted Stern, they said it's a known issue and sent me a new one. It looked the same from my eyes, and after a few games, 50% of the time the same issue occurs. Better than the old one but still terrible.
I really hope Stern permanently fixes this as physical ball locks are my favorite feature in pinball.

Have you tried slightly changing the alignment of the fingers in the slot of the white trough? On mine I found that a very slight change in alignment kept the last finger from rubbing and catching on the edge of that slot. Here's what I did:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/49#post-5942919

#7117 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Darn it! Captain Marvel/Ant Man wire form return broke...
[quoted image][quoted image]

Just to follow up on this, I contacted my distributor ZMeny Zach at Flip N Out pinball and I had a replacement delivered to me in less than 2 weeks!

#7118 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Just to follow up on this, I contacted my distributor ZMeny Zach at Flip N Out pinball and I had a replacement delivered to me in less than 2 weeks!

ZMeny is my distributor as well!
He’s the first I am ordering a NIB from, and I’m sure I will come back for another! His communication is on point. Not to mention his channel on YouTube is awesome!
So, Shout-out time! Thanks for answering all my questions and helping me with my first NIB Zach!
He was kind enough to send me a selfie with my pin to let me know my first order is in good hands and about to ship!
Super stoked to get it!
1CD081AE-719F-4E91-BA81-0E8C50EBD77B (resized).jpeg1CD081AE-719F-4E91-BA81-0E8C50EBD77B (resized).jpeg

#7119 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Have you tried slightly changing the alignment of the fingers in the slot of the white trough? On mine I found that a very slight change in alignment kept the last finger from rubbing and catching on the edge of that slot. Here's what I did:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/49#post-5942919

This wouldn't have helped with my original mech - even after taking it out and manually engaging them, the last finger would only come up if I jammed it really hard - otherwise it got stuck beforehand. I suspect it's the same issue with my new one, but I will try to reposition it through the holes to see if that helps, thanks for the link!

#7120 2 years ago

Is black order MB hard AF to build your jackpot value or is it just me?

#7121 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

ZMeny is my distributor as well!
He’s the first I am ordering a NIB from, and I’m sure I will come back for another! His communication is on point. Not to mention his channel on YouTube is awesome!
So, Shout-out time! Thanks for answering all my questions and helping me with my first NIB Zach!
He was kind enough to send me a selfie with my pin to let me know my first order is in good hands and about to ship!
Super stoked to get it!
[quoted image]

Always hear good things about him. Tried to buy from him on two separate occasions. Never picked up and didn’t return my calls so didn’t try a third time lol.

#7122 2 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Always hear good things about him. Tried to buy from him on two separate occasions. Never picked up and didn’t return my calls so didn’t try a third time lol.

With so many spam calls these days I screen all calls. Maybe just email next time. That’s what I did. I’ve gotten responses every dumb question I had. Lol

#7123 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

With so many spam calls these days I screen all calls. Maybe just email next time. That’s what I did. I’ve gotten responses every dumb question I had. Lol

I would have thought a voicemail stating I wanted to buy a pinball machine would warrant a return call, but too late now anyways. Was always told to call distributors for best pricing.

#7124 2 years ago

Excited to see what’s in store for our AIQs once Stern online happens, since Kieth already hinted trophies will really come into play then. Should be fun and a fully untapped feature on AIQ.

#7125 2 years ago

Just another Dealer opinion;I've used Gameroomguys,for all my nib purchases with excellent results!!! Just saying

#7126 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Keep at it! 3 is excellent. You probably already know this, but try getting thor and iron man multiballs close and then starting them once you start a quest. Also, i typically go with mind stone first and place it on a shot that usually have trouble with for future quest. Good luck!

Thanks.

#7127 2 years ago

Anybody got a picture of their Cliffy’s installed? Also any trouble they ran into before during or after. I know the pictures have descriptions but still confused on how some go lol
Be sweet if they came with instructions for dumb people like me. Haha. I know it’s probably easy to see and understand for most, but this would only be my 2nd time installing cliffys in a game.

ADB22A7D-B183-41EE-8A9F-C746E9285987 (resized).jpegADB22A7D-B183-41EE-8A9F-C746E9285987 (resized).jpeg
#7128 2 years ago

i am wondering same thing. I have 3 sets of cliffys Ive yet to install!

#7129 2 years ago

Has anyone ever had a bug where mind Gem wouldn't end? I was just in mind gem and down to one ball, all shots hit and just the disc to spin, I hit it plenty of times and it was registering but it wouldn't move to the next stage ( if there was another stage ) and it wouldn't end. When I eventually lost the ball I also lost the Gem as normal.

#7130 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

i am wondering same thing. I have 3 sets of cliffys Ive yet to install!

Glad I’m not the only one haha.
I’m trying to figure out while installing the shooter lane Cliffy, if these come out and go back on top of the cliffy, or if the cliffy just rests on them and is only secured at the post? I imagine these have to be lightly hammered out from underneath? Also you can see a bevel in the cliffy which makes me think they have to be removed and go back through the top of the cliffy so the bevel can rest inside the holes.

80ED7AAF-F2B3-4FA2-8229-C56E9ED1FF64 (resized).jpeg80ED7AAF-F2B3-4FA2-8229-C56E9ED1FF64 (resized).jpegB1622831-0DF5-405E-A11B-7685DB48F8D1 (resized).jpegB1622831-0DF5-405E-A11B-7685DB48F8D1 (resized).jpeg
#7131 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Has anyone ever had a bug where mind Gem wouldn't end? I was just in mind gem and down to one ball, all shots hit and just the disc to spin, I hit it plenty of times and it was registering but it wouldn't move to the next stage ( if there was another stage ) and it wouldn't end. When I eventually lost the ball I also lost the Gem as normal.

You have to hit the sanctum target to finish mind gem.

#7132 2 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Glad I’m not the only one haha.
I’m trying to figure out while installing the shooter lane Cliffy, if these come out and go back on top of the cliffy, or if the cliffy just rests on them and is only secured at the post? I imagine these have to be lightly hammered out from underneath? Also you can see a bevel in the cliffy which makes me think they have to be removed and go back through the top of the cliffy so the bevel can rest inside the holes.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yes, tap those out, drop in the cliffy and reinstall.

#7133 2 years ago

I use Cliffy protectors on all my stuff, but on this game I tried the clear lexan protector for the shooter lane and really like how well it protects and performed. Plus it was a piece of cake to install. In such time if I play this game a few thousand times and it wears out, I'll just grab another.

#7134 2 years ago

I get stuck balls on the Cliffy for the 3 drop target bank

#7135 2 years ago

Cool guys thanks I’m trying to prepare for when mine comes!

#7136 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

You have to hit the sanctum target to finish mind gem.

Really? I didn't know that, must have always hit it by accident uptil now

Thanks.

#7137 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yes, tap those out, drop in the cliffy and reinstall.

does it matter if you tap from top or bottom? Use a screwdriver or something?

#7138 2 years ago

I have a question for those of U who are farther along.what happens if you collect all 6 gems???What happens if Thanos gets all 6 stones???

#7139 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I push from the bottom, they don’t come out easy though. Cliffy has pictures of them installed on this page. I didn’t install the 3 bank.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/wip.htm

#7140 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Tap from the bottom. I use a metal punch and lightly tap them out with a rubber hammer. They come right out. It's harder to reinstall the front one, not much room to thread the nut on. Use a magnetic nut driver if you have one.

#7141 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I get stuck balls on the Cliffy for the 3 drop target bank

I was getting major airballs with mine so I had to remove it.

#7142 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I use Cliffy protectors on all my stuff, but on this game I tried the clear lexan protector for the shooter lane and really like how well it protects and performed. Plus it was a piece of cake to install. In such time if I play this game a few thousand times and it wears out, I'll just grab another.

Yep, I did the same and may never go back. I really think these molded plastic parts are amazing.

#7143 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Yes, these are directional and only come out from the top, so you have to tap them out from below as others have mentioned. The nut will pull them back down once you install the Cliffy protector.

#7144 2 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

I have a question for those of U who are farther along.what happens if you collect all 6 gems???What happens if Thanos gets all 6 stones???

Nothing specifically happens when you collect all 6 gems, but if you have all 6 gems when you get to Battle Thanos, you automatically defeat him, are awarded 1 Billion points and then go to Super Victory Laps mode.

I've only lost all 6 gems once... and I drained my last ball to lose the 6th, so I'm not sure what happens, but I don't think anything special. In theory you can win the Soul gem back from Super Jackpot in Black Order Multiball, Defeating Battle Royale or making Hawkeye Marksman shot. Once you have Soul gem, you can win other gems back, so if you lose them all, you could get some back.

#7145 2 years ago

Awesome1 Thank-you for your reply!!The reason I ask is this,Fans say this pin is not related to any specific movie! Ok, in one callout,Black Panther says"I will return to Wakanda,and track him"This is straight outta the movie! So when Thanos gets all 6 I stones, some of the gardians disappear,and it wasn't possible to defeat him UNTILL he got all 6!!

#7146 2 years ago

Any advise on where to place the gems once earned?

#7147 2 years ago

Animal; yeah, me as well!!

#7148 2 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Any advise on where to place the gems once earned?

I like Mind Gem on Black Widow because it's easier to level up to use the action button. I like power on Captain America or Hulk because I have trouble hitting those shots the most, so when I drain, power let's me keep the level. Not really sure on the rest.

In reality, they go wherever I accidentally shoot them. Lol

#7149 2 years ago

Fezmid,Thank-you !!

#7150 2 years ago

I love the fact that every gem has a reason to be played first. Hated the complexity of them, but not learning the nuances and really enjoying the strategy. Really look forward to seeing this game in a tournament with top players showing off their strategies.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
5,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dixon, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 143 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/143?hl=aniraf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.