IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 253.
#7051 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

More
Is the "progressing avengers" EB written down anywhere? I don't recall this one and am curious if it applies only to the first time 3 avengers reach Lv2.

Id assume its just the first time you do it. I wonder if leveling up the same avenger to level 2 counts twice, or if having the power gem on a lvl 2 avenger and draining/playing Avengers Assembled modes would count as 2 toward the EB progress. I suspect it would because it counts that way for trophy progress.

#7052 2 years ago

OK... I MAY have found a good solution to the auto launch issue. I've tried all of the 'solutions' and so far have had the best success with this.

A shooter lane cleaning and wax or wipedown with "Wizards Mist and Shine" will result in almost 100% success for the short term and then slowly the auto launch plunger will no longer make it fully around and down to the right flipper. No adjustment to the power setting makes much difference in my case. I've shimmed the shooter lane ramp, secured the outer lane guide, etc... nothing has offered a long term solution so far in my case.

Last weekend I changed out the auto launch coil from a 23/800 to a 23/700 to give just a little extra boost. (remove the diode if new coil has one).

Before changing the coil I was at 0% success as it had been a week since cleaning the shooter lane. I replaced coil, didn't clean shooter lane and I'm now at around 95% success rate for the ball getting all of the way around back to the flipper and I have the auto launch power setting at only 215.

I've played several games including a 1.4 Billion game this week and the success rate is so far staying very very high.

I'll do my normal cleaning this weekend and report back after getting many more games on it this holiday weekend to see if this is in fact a good solution.

090-5022-ot_23-700 (resized).jpg090-5022-ot_23-700 (resized).jpg
#7053 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

OK... I MAY have found a good solution to the auto launch issue.

To build on this, I had my newton ball fall apart. My distro came out to address newton ball and we also discussed auto launch. Stern told them to replace the autolauncher mech (coil? not sure what that photo above is officially called). So they did and now I am at 95% success vs about 20% prior to the swap out.

#7054 2 years ago

Things dont always go as planned.
Iron Maiden is my favorite modern pin.
Zombie Yeti is my favorite pinball artist.
Im a comic book nerd.
I was in on AIQ premium day one (my first premium thanks to that mighty tempting CM ramp)
I pictured this as another Maiden for me. A game id never consider parting with. Bolted to the floor.
Unfortunately this just isnt the gameplay for me somehow. I enjoy playing but i always end up on another game fairly quickly. Not a lot of "one more game" going on.
So I listed it yesterday. Sold it today and I have the weekend to say my goodbyes.
Didnt even last a year

#7055 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Things dont always go as planned.
Im a comic book nerd.
I was in on AIQ premium day one (my first premium thanks to that mighty tempting CM ramp)
I pictured this as another Maiden for me. A game id never consider parting with. Bolted to the floor.
Unfortunately this just isnt the gameplay for me somehow. I enjoy playing but i always end up on another game fairly quickly. Not a lot of "one more game" going on.
So I listed it yesterday. Sold it today and I have the weekend to say my goodbyes.
Didnt even last a year

Too bad, but you never know how it will work out. Some people love some games while others hate them.

I have only played Iron Maiden a hand full of times, but I love AIQ. AIQ took over the lions share of my playing which Deadpool had held that spot for the previous year. DP isn't going anywhere soon and neither is AIQ.

Glad you were able to sell quickly and hopefully you will find another game that keeps your attention and excitement on a high level.

#7056 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

To build on this, I had my newton ball fall apart. My distro came out to address newton ball and we also discussed auto launch. Stern told them to replace the autolauncher mech (coil? not sure what that photo above is officially called). So they did and now I am at 95% success vs about 20% prior to the swap out.

Would be interesting to know exactly what they changed out. I show a picture of the coil I went to above. The coil actuates the mech. I wonder if they went to a higher power coil (lower ohms) like I did?

#7057 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:Things dont always go as planned.
Im a comic book nerd.
Didnt even last a year

I sold my DP Pro to get a AIQ Prem. mainly because I felt the code in DP was super fun but not as deep to try different things and AIQ really scratched that itch. About a month later my GNR LE came in but I was still in my honeymoon phase with AIQ. After figuring out GNR I went back to AIQ and been playing them both for awhile. I have to say what one lacks the other makes up for it (except for lightshows, both do well in that dept.) I have to say AIQ came out on top as my favorite machine to play (wife sides with GNR). I thought GNR would be my favorite of all time but after awhile I've found myself really liking AIQ. AIQ is just a fun shooter with a great code.

#7058 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Too bad, but you never know how it will work out. Some people love some games while others hate them.
I have only played Iron Maiden a hand full of times, but I love AIQ. AIQ took over the lions share of my playing which Deadpool had held that spot for the previous year. DP isn't going anywhere soon and neither is AIQ.
Glad you were able to sell quickly and hopefully you will find another game that keeps your attention and excitement on a high level.

Quoted from scottieIA:

I sold my DP Pro to get a AIQ Prem. mainly because I felt the code in DP was super fun but not as deep to try different things and AIQ really scratched that itch. About a month later my GNR LE came in but I was still in my honeymoon phase with AIQ. After figuring out GNR I went back to AIQ and been playing them both for awhile. I have to say what one lacks the other makes up for it (except for lightshows, both do well in that dept.) I have to say AIQ came out on top as my favorite machine to play (wife sides with GNR). I thought GNR would be my favorite of all time but after awhile I've found myself really liking AIQ. AIQ is just a fun shooter with a great code.

Funny enough I've had a DP on order for quite some time now

#7059 2 years ago

Having owned Jp premium and AIQ le i guess im an elwin fan, but have never played Iron Maiden and never really considered it because i only like 2 songs. I spent about an hour last night watching youtube clips of maiden and now i really want that game. Have mando on order but IM might have to be next. Looks like an awesome shooter

#7060 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Having owned Jp premium and AIQ le i guess im an elwin fan, but have never played Iron Maiden and never really considered it because i only like 2 songs. I spent about an hour last night watching youtube clips of maiden and now i really want that game. Have mando on order but IM might have to be next. Looks like an awesome shooter

Maiden is Elwins best imo and easily my favorite modern pin. Even my gf who had never touched a pinball machine until 2020 loves it. She was so happy when the new code dropped in the fall because i always reset the scores when i update.

20201227_212233 (resized).jpg20201227_212233 (resized).jpg
#7061 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Who has photos and the name of their purple powder coated premium? I did a search, and only found one example in this group.

Just got my parts back, here’s a preview

93E2FABC-E62D-42F4-96AA-6E0A513F479D (resized).jpeg93E2FABC-E62D-42F4-96AA-6E0A513F479D (resized).jpeg
#7062 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Just got my parts back, here’s a preview[quoted image]

Wow, that's horrible! just goes to show we all have different tastes.

#7063 2 years ago
Quoted from scottieIA:

I traded my GnR SE for an AIQ Premium. So glad I did. Really enjoying AIQ. GnR was not fun at all.

#7064 2 years ago

Not digging the pastel purple color. It should be deep purple like thanos on the side art.

#7065 2 years ago

Edited:
Seemed harsher than intended

#7066 2 years ago
Screenshot_20210529-102521_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-102521_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-102447_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210529-102447_Chrome (resized).jpg
#7067 2 years ago

I seriously do not know how to feel about this. I simultaneously love it and hate it, ultimately all that matters is that you like it .

#7068 2 years ago

I found a way to stop the auto-launch balls from getting stuck under the gauntlet.

0308E25C-872B-4F82-8994-034B00C50AD6 (resized).jpeg0308E25C-872B-4F82-8994-034B00C50AD6 (resized).jpeg
#7069 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I found a way to stop the auto-launch balls from getting stuck under the gauntlet.
[quoted image]

About 3,500 balls through my game and ive not had a single hangup there. Only place i was getting them was the upper pop

#7070 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

[quoted image]

I was getting balls stuck there from time to time and used an 1/8" thick strip of clear lexan double side taped to the the plastic under the gauntlet.

I like your solution as well!

#7071 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

About 3,500 balls through my game and ive not had a single hangup there. Only place i was getting them was the upper pop

Used to get a lot of hang ups there….ended up bending down the whole bracket that supports the glove so there’s only a small gap. Haven’t had one since.

#7072 2 years ago

Installed the shooter rod, looks nice but the spring supplied was pretty weak and couldnt make the trip up the incline, so switched it with original and were all good. That happens to me a lot with stern shooter rods...But putting original on is an easy fix.

#7073 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Installed the shooter rod, looks nice but the spring supplied was pretty weak and couldnt make the trip up the incline, so switched it with original and were all good. That happens to me a lot with stern shooter rods...But putting original on is an easy fix.

Yep! Same issue.

#7074 2 years ago

Joined the club!! Ordered the pro and its coming here in September! Can't wait, I got shaker motor, inner art blades and subwoofer to be installed. Exciting times!!

Cheers

Matto

#7075 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

New dust cover for my AIQ
[quoted image]

Anyone know where I can get these stern banner images? Looking for AIQ, Deadpool, GOTG, tmnt, iron man, TWDLE and xmen.

#7076 2 years ago

Part of the family now. The mods will commence shortly. Came with speaker lights... were set to yellow, but I think i like the purple. Has mirror blades, the DS ramp mod, and upgraded rubbers. Are cerwin vegas stock for the backbox? Great game.

20210531_190450 (resized).jpg20210531_190450 (resized).jpg
#7077 2 years ago

Anyone know if you can correct the spelling of someone’s name on the high score list? My son accidentally spelled his name wrong and he’s not happy about it…

Thanks

#7078 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Anyone know if you can correct the spelling of someone’s name on the high score list? My son accidentally spelled his name wrong and he’s not happy about it…
Thanks

Not sure but maybe someone with more experience would know, but can this be done in pinball browser, saved and reloaded?

#7079 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Thanks

You could go into adjustments and change the default high score initials and points thresholds to closely match your current high scores and then reset the high scores.

#7080 2 years ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Thanks

Or he could just play better to get his name back on there! (that's the common answer around Pinside when talking about difficulty, right? )

#7081 2 years ago

Hi All, When i pull back my plunger the entire way, the ball wont make it up onto the right ramp, it just falls down for the skill shot through the pops. When i want to go for the pym lab or drop target skill shots, i have to push the action button. Lately, when i push the action button, it falls off the ramp and onto the playfield just before the last 90 degree turn of the ramp. The photo shows the point where the ball falls off the ramp. Any idea why would the ball more often than not fall off of the right ramp and onto the playfield before it reaches the right in lane? The machine is level left and right and bubble is in between the lines for pitch.

Also, i find it very difficult to hit the black panther shot and have it go up and onto the right ramp. it almost always just falls down through the pop bumpers. Is my flipper not strong enough or do i just suck at this shot?? haha.

Thank you all so much in advance for your help!

AIQ photo (resized).pngAIQ photo (resized).png
#7082 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

Hi All, When i pull back my plunger the entire way, the ball wont make it up onto the right ramp, it just falls down for the skill shot through the pops. When i want to go for the pym lab or drop target skill shots, i have to push the action button. Lately, when i push the action button, it falls off the ramp and onto the playfield just before the last 90 degree turn of the ramp. The photo shows the point where the ball falls off the ramp. Any idea why would the ball more often than not fall off of the right ramp and onto the playfield before it reaches the right in lane? The machine is level left and right and bubble is in between the lines for pitch.

Also, i find it very difficult to hit the black panther shot and have it go up and onto the right ramp. it almost always just falls down through the pop bumpers. Is my flipper not strong enough or do i just suck at this shot?? haha.

Have you looked into the things I suggested in your other thread?

#7083 2 years ago

As for the falling off the wireform, I suspect the red-circled part of the wireform might need to be bent slightly more to the back of the machine, in order to keep the ball centered between the two wires of the straightaway portion. But slo-mo video would help to see exactly what the ball is doing.

2b92edb04d31214b8c41659318b39899ce4e3198 (resized).png2b92edb04d31214b8c41659318b39899ce4e3198 (resized).png
#7084 2 years ago
Quoted from Jlemank:

[quoted image]

For the Black Panther shots, what pitch is your machine set at and what flipper power is your left flipper set at?

For manual and auto plunger issues, there's already lots of advice in this forum for ways to try to solve its. Try keyword searching this forum for ideas. Unfortunately the cause can vary from machine to machine so you need to evaluate what's going on with your launches (use slo mo video to check it out) and then see what you need to do to get it plunging straight down the lane into the orbit.

As @schaub mentioned, just bend the wire slightly and the ball falling off will be resolved. There was also a Key Post above in the Topic Index that addresses the issue with the same advice. Good luck!

#7085 2 years ago

Today I received and installed the Black Panther mod that is made by "tdiddy". I am hoping that this one will help reduce the number of shooter lane ball launches that end up going astray and landing under the gauntlet; time will tell. Regardless of that, the mod does look great and it was very easy to install. At Tom's suggestion, I had him put the purple led color on it and I think that was the right choice. Once again, I am very pleased with the quality of Tom's mods and his speed of shipping. I am now looking forward to his Mandalorian mods. We are lucky to have so many talented "MOD Artists" in the hobby.

PANTHER1 (resized).jpgPANTHER1 (resized).jpgPANTHER2 (resized).jpgPANTHER2 (resized).jpg
#7086 2 years ago

Does anyone else think in a future code update they will add an Impossible or Hero mode like they just did on Mandalorian ?

#7087 2 years ago

56 minute game on AIQ! 2.2 Billion!

Set a lot of records, but not my high score (2.6B)...

#7088 2 years ago

Awesome looking Thanos Mod. Eyes and mouth light up during the game.

Available now at https://mezelmods.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-thanos

Screen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.53.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.53.31 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.53.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-06-01 at 8.53.59 PM (resized).png
#7089 2 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Today I received and installed the Black Panther mod that is made by "tdiddy". I am hoping that this one will help reduce the number of shooter lane ball launches that end up going astray and landing under the gauntlet; time will tell. Regardless of that, the mod does look great and it was very easy to install. At Tom's suggestion, I had him put the purple led color on it and I think that was the right choice. Once again, I am very pleased with the quality of Tom's mods and his speed of shipping. I am now looking forward to his Mandalorian mods. We are lucky to have so many talented "MOD Artists" in the hobby.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man.....glad you like it. And I always appreciate the feedback.

#7090 2 years ago

I’m finally officially in!
I just ordered mine yesterday and it ships today! It will be my first NIB. I’ve saved for this day, plus I sold 2 of my 3 pins, so that helped. Went with Premium. I did play the pro on location, and fell in love, and really think you can’t go wrong with either choice.
I was so on the fence with this and JP, plus with Mando release.
I think I made the right decision, and hope all you guys are still loving it!

#7091 2 years ago

Played this a bit last week-end and I was surprised to get so many straight down the middle drains out of the ramp that returns to the third flipper if I didn't do any action with it. Found this pretty brutal and happened to me 3-4 times in a row. Is this expected?

#7092 2 years ago

Just joined the club. First pin ever owned, got it NIB. Super excited, having read through a bunch of threads here I purchased a bunch of mods. I've had a virtual pin for the past couple years that I built from scratch, but obviously a totally different ballgame (pun intended). Rented a black knight SOR a few months ago and knew I had to make the jump to a real one. Excited to get going, but also a bit hesitant as I've never modded before. Bought the Eye LED's, spinner mod, backboard lights, and trough lights from @lermods. Also got new blades and shaker motor. Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew out of the gate! Thanks for all the great content and convo's here.

#7093 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Just joined the club. First pin ever owned, got it NIB. Super excited, having read through a bunch of threads here I purchased a bunch of mods. I've had a virtual pin for the past couple years that I built from scratch, but obviously a totally different ballgame (pun intended). Rented a black knight SOR a few months ago and knew I had to make the jump to a real one. Excited to get going, but also a bit hesitant as I've never modded before. Bought the Eye LED's, spinner mod, backboard lights, and trough lights from Lermods. Also got new blades and shaker motor. Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew out of the gate! Thanks for all the great content and convo's here.

welcome to the club. Those are all very easy mods to install, spinner mod maybe a little more challenging as access is tight, but not technically hard at all. ask questions if you aren't sure.

#7094 2 years ago

Woohoo, my best score ever! Still pales in comparison to most but hey... my 3 ball score was 560M, so this is my 5 ball score which I know many consider cheating but whatever. I also got to play Trophy Mania for the first time ever - I think it's just a "shoot everything to get points" mode but I should read up to see if there was a goal. Overall game took me about 40 minutes and was an absolute blast. Love this game! And will love it more when I get the new subway mech from Stern so that the ball lock works properly... hopefully, anyway.

Carry on!

20210602_121725 (resized).jpg20210602_121725 (resized).jpg
#7095 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Just joined the club. First pin ever owned, got it NIB. Super excited, having read through a bunch of threads here I purchased a bunch of mods. I've had a virtual pin for the past couple years that I built from scratch, but obviously a totally different ballgame (pun intended). Rented a black knight SOR a few months ago and knew I had to make the jump to a real one. Excited to get going, but also a bit hesitant as I've never modded before. Bought the Eye LED's, spinner mod, backboard lights, and trough lights from Lermods. Also got new blades and shaker motor. Hoping I didn't bite off more than I can chew out of the gate! Thanks for all the great content and convo's here.

At worst... enjoy playing it and add the mods at your leisure. Mods are fun, but hard for me to not play and set aside time to add mods sometimes!

Keep the playfield clean and get some replacement balls if you haven't already and change them out every 500 - 1000 games to keep the playfield in great shape.

#7096 2 years ago
Quoted from Microvolt:

Played this a bit last week-end and I was surprised to get so many straight down the middle drains out of the ramp that returns to the third flipper if I didn't do any action with it. Found this pretty brutal and happened to me 3-4 times in a row. Is this expected?

Yeah... have to be ready when it releases the ball... trickier if you are in Iron Man multiball.

#7097 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

At worst... enjoy playing it and add the mods at your leisure. Mods are fun, but hard for me to not play and set aside time to add mods sometimes!
Keep the playfield clean and get some replacement balls if you haven't already and change them out every 500 - 1000 games to keep the playfield in great shape.

Thanks for the feedback! Can you suggest the best method for cleaning the playfield and at what frequency? The wholesaler that I purchased it from only told me to go in and tighten everything on the playfield that has a nut or screw as they loosen in shipping.

#7098 2 years ago

AIQ Making of video will be available this friday:

#7099 2 years ago
Quoted from unsavory:

Thanks for the feedback! Can you suggest the best method for cleaning the playfield and at what frequency? The wholesaler that I purchased it from only told me to go in and tighten everything on the playfield that has a nut or screw as they loosen in shipping.

Do not use anything more harsh than you need to clean. Most cleaning can honestly be done with only a microfiber rag, though Novus 1 will shine it up quick. Novus 2 is great for heavier cleaning, but there should be no need for that any time soon (if ever at home). A good carnauba paste wax (not liquid) is an optional step. It's not really necessary on a new clearcoated playfield, but it will offer a bit of protection and help it stay clean longer. There are many other options for cleaning and waxing, but these are the most tried and true, and there is really no need to look beyond them.

#7100 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Do not use anything more harsh than you need to clean. Most cleaning can honestly be done with only a microfiber rag, though Novus 1 will shine it up quick. Novus 2 is great for heavier cleaning, but there should be no need for that any time soon (if ever at home). A good carnauba paste wax (not liquid) is an optional step. It's not really necessary on a new clearcoated playfield, but it will offer a bit of protection and help it stay clean longer. There are many other options for cleaning and waxing, but these are the most tried and true, and there is really no need to look beyond them.

Thanks @jediturtle, really appreciate it. Would you say once a month with microfiber is the way to go? Or more/less? Then the Novus as needed?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,900 (OBO)
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball
Pinball Machine
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Geismar, LA
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 142 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/142 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.