IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 256.
#6951 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Upgraded my Premium speakers to the Kenwood 5.25". I remain kind of underwhelmed with the audio. Has anyone else made that upgrade, and if so can you recommend audio settings? Pinwoofer would be the best solution, but not sure that the AIQ soundtrack would make that upgrade worth the investment.

Quoted from awesome1:

I have upgraded all speakers, kept original sizing, and also have an external sub. Took some tweaking to get the sound where I like it. I'll check my settings and report back a little later. I do like to put the speaker settings as 8 ohm even though the speakers are 4 ohm... gives extra punch at lower volumes like a 'loud' setting on car stereos.

Here's my settings with aftermarket 4 ohm speakers and external sub, all other settings are default:

Currently have volume at 19

Backbox Speaker 4 Ohm
Cabinet Speaker 8 Ohm
Backbox Bass Gain +2.625
Cabinet Bass Gain +7.125
Cabinet Treble Disabled
Feature Adjustment #54
Speech Attenuation -2

#6952 2 years ago

I got my Avengers Pro today (first NIB game), the spinning disc wont spin at all, it was like stuck? i manage to loosen it a little by manually spinning it with my hand but it still wont spin if the ball hits it... the ball just nudges it. Anybody else have this issue??

#6953 2 years ago
Quoted from ModelVault:

I got my Avengers Pro today (first NIB game), the spinning disc wont spin at all, it was like stuck? i manage to loosen it a little by manually spinning it with my hand but it still wont spin if the ball hits it... the ball just nudges it. Anybody else have this issue??

Maybe the disc is adjusted too low? In the key posts for the thread there are instructions for adjusting the height of the disc as well as adjusting the sensitivity, I would start there.

#6954 2 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Maybe the disc is adjusted too low? In the key posts for the thread there are instructions for adjusting the height of the disc as well as adjusting the sensitivity, I would start there.

Yes, I did try those but it didn't help, but thank you for the response. My distributor is coming out to have a look today so hopefully we find a solution.

#6955 2 years ago

Hello,

Having just received a Pro version while waiting for my Premium, it jumped out at me right away.
For regulars of the AIQ, you must be seriously annoyed by the famous decor of the Sanctum, a kind of lamppost suspended above the disk and which obscures certain lights. Indeed, this decoration and the light in the form of a white dome located below mask the lights for the three windows Extra Ball, Add-a-Ball and Spot I-R-O-N.
We have been working on a mod that allows the light to be deported from Doctor Strange's Sanctum.
We deported him (shifted) to the left because on the right it hid Captain America's corridor going towards the bumpers. (Captain America Power-Up shot).
Here is what it looks like on a first model. We may rework the size of the Sanctum logo to make it smaller.
This is Plug and Play, you will just have to unscrew the old Doctor Strange decor and screw it back onto our mod and finally screw the mod where the Doctor Strange decor was.
Some photos to illustrate this.
The Sanctum Logo format can be cutaway or rounded format and the colors can also be chosen
It's up to you.

If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me. We sell it at a price of $25 the mod supplied with the two screws, $30 with the shipping costs.
Happy flip everyone.

Lionel.

IMG_0010_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0010_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0011_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0011_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0016_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0016_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0017_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0017_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0020_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0020_edited (resized).jpg
#6956 2 years ago

Looks like it might block view of tower releases... does this affect the Hawkeye Challenge at all?

#6957 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Looks like it might block view of tower releases... does this affect the Hawkeye Challenge at all?

Not at all.
Here is an other photography with the view from the player

IMG_0012_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0012_edited (resized).jpg

IMG_0021_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0021_edited (resized).jpg
#6958 2 years ago
Quoted from pinopinballmods:

Hello,
Having just received a Pro version while waiting for my Premium, it jumped out at me right away.
For regulars of the AIQ, you must be seriously annoyed by the famous decor of the Sanctum, a kind of lamppost suspended above the disk and which obscures certain lights. Indeed, this decoration and the light in the form of a white dome located below mask the lights for the three windows Extra Ball, Add-a-Ball and Spot I-R-O-N.
We have been working on a mod that allows the light to be deported from Doctor Strange's Sanctum.
We deported him (shifted) to the left because on the right it hid Captain America's corridor going towards the bumpers. (Captain America Power-Up shot).
Here is what it looks like on a first model. We may rework the size of the Sanctum logo to make it smaller.
This is Plug and Play, you will just have to unscrew the old Doctor Strange decor and screw it back onto our mod and finally screw the mod where the Doctor Strange decor was.
Some photos to illustrate this.
The Sanctum Logo format can be cutaway or rounded format and the colors can also be chosen
It's up to you.
If you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me. We sell it at a price of $25 the mod supplied with the two screws, $30 with the shipping costs.
Happy flip everyone.
Lionel.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

The final version is better with a reduce size and cutaway shape.
It represents a stylized roof

IMG_0029_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0029_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0030_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0030_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0031_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0031_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0032_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0032_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0033_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0033_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0034_edited (resized).jpgIMG_0034_edited (resized).jpg
#6959 2 years ago

Darn it! Captain Marvel/Ant Man wire form return broke...

1CF91B38-13CC-4115-99BA-67F8029A79AE (resized).jpeg1CF91B38-13CC-4115-99BA-67F8029A79AE (resized).jpeg4BC11D9C-EA2E-47CC-B9FB-40FBF0264722 (resized).jpeg4BC11D9C-EA2E-47CC-B9FB-40FBF0264722 (resized).jpeg
#6960 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Darn it! Captain Marvel/Ant Man wire form return broke...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had the exact same failure - easy warranty replacement. In the meantime I just used a twist tie to keep the ramp from rattling around.

#6961 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I had the exact same failure - easy warranty replacement. In the meantime I just used a twist tie to keep the ramp from rattling around.

Cool, I’ll put in a claim, thanks.

Yeah I used a tie wrap for now. Gotta keep playing!

AAF33FD3-C75C-44E8-AC29-05BAB584A618 (resized).jpegAAF33FD3-C75C-44E8-AC29-05BAB584A618 (resized).jpeg
#6962 2 years ago

Count me in, im in THE CLUB.
Very nice machine, which level you have on your machine? im looking the best flow possible, i belive this machine wins a lot with a "perfect" level.
Any of you already resume the gems strategy?

Thanks

#6963 2 years ago

I just got my AIQ Premium today! However . .
When I launch a ball it always launches 3. What is the common cause for this? It says to install 8 balls, and I counted them correctly.

#6964 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

I just got my AIQ Premium today! However . .
When I launch a ball it always launches 3. What is the common cause for this? It says to install 8 balls, and I counted them correctly.

It only takes 6 balls . Take 2 out and you should be fine.

#6965 2 years ago

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I realized today my marvel ramp right side front mount to the play field is not a bolt it’s just a free floating peg. Not sure if some plastic should be there? I cut a wedge out of a post rubber and fished it through the hole. Cleaned up everything and just hit the ramp about 3x my normal total (yeah I was trying for it more) and got a 58M binary champ with reality gem on marvel and my best combo total. I hope this helps others! Getting that right entrance gate further right by filling the void in that hole reduced the rattling and really changed my game.

47485440-AAF9-409B-A82F-85401B380D18 (resized).jpeg47485440-AAF9-409B-A82F-85401B380D18 (resized).jpeg

A4CC824D-380F-4AFB-AABB-1B10ABEA6D3F (resized).jpegA4CC824D-380F-4AFB-AABB-1B10ABEA6D3F (resized).jpeg
#6966 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but I realized today my marvel ramp right side front mount to the play field is not a bolt it’s just a free floating peg. Not sure if some plastic should be there? I cut a wedge out of a post rubber and fished it through the hole. Cleaned up everything and just hit the ramp about 3x my normal total (yeah I was trying for it more) and got a 58M binary champ with reality gem on marvel and my best combo total. I hope this helps others! Getting that right entrance gate further right by filling the void in that hole reduced the rattling and really changed my game.

Did you remove the guide to get the rubber in there or just push it in with the peg already in the hole?

#6967 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

It only takes 6 balls . Take 2 out and you should be fine.

Interesting:

9C63B21F-8F63-45FB-9471-0D4D33A2033F (resized).jpeg9C63B21F-8F63-45FB-9471-0D4D33A2033F (resized).jpeg
#6968 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Interesting:[quoted image]

Ooops... the factory probably put a TMNT ball sticker on by accident. Definitely AIQ takes 6 balls.

#6969 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Did you remove the guide to get the rubber in there or just push it in with the peg already in the hole?

I just held the guide to the right and fed it through with a toothpick initially until I could get it from underneath with some tweezers to then tug from the bottom and worked it through to flush with the surface.

#6970 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Where? Under the circled mounting "bolt" area? I'll have to check mine.

Screenshot 2021-05-19 120224 (resized).pngScreenshot 2021-05-19 120224 (resized).png
#6971 2 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Interesting:[quoted image]

That’s weird Obviously the wrong sticker was applied. Hopefully this is the only QA issue you have!

#6972 2 years ago

Monday night was the first time I lost ALL 6 Gems!

Time gem got away as I drained my final ball. Mind and Power I just didn't hit the final shot.

IMG_0629[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0629[1] (resized).JPG
#6973 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Where? Under the circled mounting "bolt" area? I'll have to check mine.
[quoted image]

Oh, I thought he was talking about putting the rubber in this hole

905437c760c62126589f917b99720a9a3b79ca61 (resized).jpeg905437c760c62126589f917b99720a9a3b79ca61 (resized).jpeg
#6974 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Monday night was the first time I lost ALL 6 Gems!
Time gem got away as I drained my final ball. Mind and Power I just didn't hit the final shot.
[quoted image]

And still 400M+ score. Nice!!!

#6975 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Oh, I thought he was talking about putting the rubber in this hole[quoted image]

That’s the one! Red circle, thanks for the assist. Updated original post.

#6976 2 years ago

Any adjustment on the "marvel ramp" PRO model, sometimes goes to the flippers others to the sling

#6977 2 years ago

Hi guys,just bought a pro couple 100 $ under cause used for a month, OMG this pin never stop to surprise me...deep code and special things soooo satisfyin’....was like who thinks about this and that!

#6978 2 years ago

OK Guys and Gals,

Picked up a brand new (10 Plays) AIQ Prem. 2 issues. Dr. Strange portal not coming up. I hear that is it qualified, but no rise. #2 subway VUK not firing. Uggh. I check all the tests and did not see even a test for the VUK. Help..... Repairers Assemble..............I would love a step by step troubleshooting method. Super technical.. Solder be damned! I will prevail.

Standing by.

#6979 2 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

OK Guys and Gals,
Picked up a brand new (10 Plays) AIQ Prem. 2 issues. Dr. Strange portal not coming up. I hear that is it qualified, but no rise. #2 subway VUK not firing. Uggh. I check all the tests and did not see even a test for the VUK. Help..... Repairers Assemble..............I would love a step by step troubleshooting method. Super technical.. Solder be damned! I will prevail.
Standing by.

Did you factory reset and make sure all are turned on in settings?

#6980 2 years ago

Just a quick q that has probably been dealt with but my plunger is too weak and will not send the ball up the BP ramp, the auto plunger is even worse. Any fixes/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

#6981 2 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

OK Guys and Gals,
Standing by.

There are tests for these in the menu:
1) Diag/Game/Mtr (Strange Motor Test)
2) Diag/Game/Sub (Subway Lock Test)

#6982 2 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

OK Guys and Gals,
Standing by.

Make sure it doesn't accidentally have PRO Model code. Download and update to latest Premium/LE Code and start there.

#6983 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Just a quick q that has probably been dealt with but my plunger is too weak and will not send the ball up the BP ramp, the auto plunger is even worse. Any fixes/suggestions much appreciated. Thanks.

My factory orange spring was weak and I replaced it with one from eBay and manual plunge now makes the ramp. For autoplunge my only successful method has been frequent waxing.

#6984 2 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

My factory orange spring was weak and I replaced it with one from eBay and manual plunge now makes the ramp. For autoplunge my only successful method has been frequent waxing.

Thanks ill try fitting a stronger spring.

#6985 2 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

OK Guys and Gals,
Standing by.

As awesome1 said, make sure you are running the correct code. Then make sure no connections worked themselves loose in shipping. That isn't uncommon. Check and reseat any connectors you trace to that area. If that didn't help, check any solder joints connected to those areas. If not any of those things, I would reinstall the latest code (even if it's already correct) just to make sure that's all good.

#6986 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Any adjustment on the "marvel ramp" PRO model, sometimes goes to the flippers others to the sling

If this is a question, I'm not a pro owner but I have seen in conversations it should feed the right flipper. If it's hitting the right sling frequently you can try adjusting the sling sensor(s) to be less sensitive by bending the back leaf away from the front slightly. I think you'll always have some shots that activate there though, and you don't want to completely de-sensitize the slings but some adjusting is possible there.

#6987 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Make sure it doesn't accidentally have PRO Model code. Download and update to latest Premium/LE Code and start there.

Brilliant. That was it. Does that happen very often? Would not have thought of it, but in hindsight it makes sense. The two Prem features not functioning, should have seen it.

Thanks again, you guys rock. This forum saves so much time and money.

#6988 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Ooops... the factory probably put a TMNT ball sticker on by accident. Definitely AIQ takes 6 balls.

Or could it be that they are counting the captive ball(s) I'm sure I've seen similar discrepancies with other machines, possibly IMdn

#6989 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Or could it be that they are counting the captive ball(s) I'm sure I've seen similar discrepancies with other machines, possibly IMdn

I'll have to double check my machine when I'm back home, but pretty sure it says to install 6 balls.

#6990 2 years ago
Quoted from bsrhardy:

Brilliant. That was it. Does that happen very often? Would not have thought of it, but in hindsight it makes sense. The two Prem features not functioning, should have seen it.
Thanks again, you guys rock. This forum saves so much time and money.

Excellent! Always nice when it's a fairly easy fix!

I've seen similar happening a few times, I would think Stern could implement a check for that during code update to insure wrong code wasn't installed.

#6991 2 years ago

The adventure begins... by getting it down the stairs.

20210520_170246.jpg20210520_170246.jpg
#6992 2 years ago
Quoted from gorditas:

The adventure begins... by getting it down the stairs.
[quoted image]

You'll love it - got my Premium in November and it gets played daily. Enjoy!

#6993 2 years ago

My new favorite goal is to get iron man multiball queued up, two portal locks, and start reality gem. Pretty soon you have six balls going, bashing drops to start timed modes, and getting a ton of points.

#6994 2 years ago

Another great mod for AIQ from @tdiddy. I just installed the Black Panther mod at the back right of the play field. This goes nicely with the Chrysler building in the back, the Pym lab up front and the left blue guide on the Captain Marvel ramp.

I also showed a photo with my Pinball Universe protectors in place to ensure that the side art is not messed up with the mods or when lifting the play field.

Michael

1BD79DE3-5268-4624-803F-BB58D48D0017_1_105_c (resized).jpeg1BD79DE3-5268-4624-803F-BB58D48D0017_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6A1605DD-1AC6-435B-8E16-4E605B3EA9B6_1_105_c (resized).jpeg6A1605DD-1AC6-435B-8E16-4E605B3EA9B6_1_105_c (resized).jpegFB5230AD-A894-45F3-9EA1-426557FC9C09_1_105_c (resized).jpegFB5230AD-A894-45F3-9EA1-426557FC9C09_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#6995 2 years ago

Who has photos and the name of their purple powder coated premium? I did a search, and only found one example in this group.

#6996 2 years ago

My AIQ Premium just went dead after tilting for the first time. I've had tilt warnings before, but never tilted completely. Now I have no lights / indicators at all. Checked connections at the tilt bob and everything looks fine. Just no power at all. Any ideas?

#6997 2 years ago
Quoted from Mechulus:

My AIQ Premium just went dead after tilting for the first time. I've had tilt warnings before, but never tilted completely. Now I have no lights / indicators at all. Checked connections at the tilt bob and everything looks fine. Just no power at all. Any ideas?

So no lights at all on the cpu board? Did your power cable come loose from the back of the pin maybe? I'd start checking the real basic stuff, then follow the troubleshooting flowchart here:

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/11/SPIKE-System-Manual.pdf

#6998 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Might need a new spring, but make sure the plunger tip is aligned to the middle of the ball in the lane. I also recommend turning the autoplunger power down to 248-250. It's counter-intuitive, but at full power the ball hits the guide rail too hard under the gauntlet and loses too much momentum to make it up the back ramp.

#6999 2 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Another great mod for AIQ from tdiddy. I just installed the Black Panther mod at the back right of the play field. This goes nicely with the Chrysler building in the back, the Pym lab up front and the left blue guide on the Captain Marvel ramp.
I also showed a photo with my Pinball Universe protectors in place to ensure that the side art is not messed up with the mods or when lifting the play field.
Michael
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks really awesome man, glad you like it

#7000 2 years ago

Just finding out who sells the cpt marvel ramp mod?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.00
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 19.00
Trade
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 16.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/140 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.