IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 256.
#6901 2 years ago

Any of you guys have issues with the Hawkeye challenge? If I hit the loop, it always says I missed...? It seems as though something is going on there...? Am I the only one?

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Any of you guys have issues with the Hawkeye challenge? If I hit the loop, it always says I missed...? It seems as though something is going on there...? Am I the only one?

Are you sure you are hitting the correct loop? There appears to be two opposite the upper flipper, one up the ramp and around to the right drop and the other thru the 180 orbit the feeds the left ramp. When the arrow lights there it's easy to confuse which one it wants you to hit, well for me anyway lol.

#6903 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Are you sure you are hitting the correct loop? There appears to be two opposite the upper flipper, one up the ramp and around to the right drop and the other thru the 180 orbit the feeds the left ramp. When the arrow lights there it's easy to confuse which one it wants you to hit, well for me anyway lol.

And you're hitting which one?

#6904 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

The loop, not the ramp. Or the Arrow target as well for 1st hawkeye I believe.

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740#heading--hawkeyechallenge

#6905 2 years ago

That's what I am hitting... nailed it clean multiple times, nothing...

#6906 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

It's not just you. Mine (my loaner LE on 1.01 code) does the same. I've never gotten the award.

#6907 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Try a game with the glass off, then when you get the challenge grab the ball on release and push the requested target or loop send the ball through and see if it works.

I have only hit his target and got credit about 4 times thus far in about 30 games.

#6908 2 years ago

Well what the hell!!!

(In truth, I have taken the glass off, and thrown the ball around there and seen it collected.... but it is just spotty... Code issue? Switch Issue?)

#6909 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Well what the hell!!!
(In truth, I have taken the glass off, and thrown the ball around there and seen it collected.... but it is just spotty... Code issue? Switch Issue?)

Probably a switch issue, my premium registers correctly. I don’t think it’s ever missed, unlike my CM shot which was switch issue as well.

#6910 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

I was attempting to hit the loop, but like it was stated it might have been the target as well that it was calling for? Not sure I need to pull the glass and try.

#6911 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Check your loop opto. It's been an issue in the past, but usually pretty easily resolved. Here's what I did on mine:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29#post-5909864

#6912 2 years ago
Quoted from RhettDR:

Well what the hell!!!

There could be an issue with the opto not registering a ball that is moving too fast, some people have had success with this type of issue by partially blocking the hole in the ball guide that the opto beam points through with a piece of tape. This makes the opto MORE sensitive by making it easier for the ball to break the beam of the switch, because the beam itself will be smaller.

I was attempting to hit the loop, but like it was stated it might have been the target as well that it was calling for?

The loop is ALWAYS an option but the target is only an option for the first level challenge.

#6913 2 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-aiq-black-panther-mod

This will be the final installment for AIQ from Diddy Mod's.

The Black panther mountain was my original brainstorm idea that started this modding adventure, and after many self taught lessons in 3d modeling and a few mods in between, I'm finally able to you this.

The model is designed to be tucked into the back right orbit and for ball to pass under it from both shooter lane and right orbit after it passes under the panther legs it will continue into Mount Bashenga. Each model will be hand painted and clear coated with UV protectant clear and will have a purple led strip included. The right side will have a felt protector for anyone that has mirror blades or graphics to protect against any scratches that my happen.

The cost on these is going to be 150.00 plus 15.00 for shipping inside the states, if you are out the state please contact me for a proper quote.

The initial pre order batch will ship this weekend, following up with new orders rolling out the following weekendish.

Ps. This mod will only work for LE / Premium owners

Thanks again
Tom D
DIDDY'S MOD'S

20210504_222839 (resized).jpg20210504_222839 (resized).jpg20210506_191006 (resized).jpg20210506_191006 (resized).jpg20210506_191048 (resized).jpg20210506_191048 (resized).jpg20210506_191053 (resized).jpg20210506_191053 (resized).jpg20210506_191059 (resized).jpg20210506_191059 (resized).jpg20210506_191256 (resized).jpg20210506_191256 (resized).jpg20210506_191300 (resized).jpg20210506_191300 (resized).jpg20210507_084841 (resized).jpg20210507_084841 (resized).jpgmba0100_comp_v0147.0893 (resized).jpgmba0100_comp_v0147.0893 (resized).jpg
#6914 2 years ago

Thank-You,all for your explanation!! I haven't got to Battle Thanos,no idea how to start this??And I've lost many a ball trying

#6915 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Opposite. More comic like but again, not a direct conversion

That's exactly what I meant to write - not sure how I posted what I did

#6916 2 years ago

Have an issue with my walking mechanism in the subway and a new one is on the way. I have to say, the game actually plays better without the mechanism and not sure why they chose to go that route. Without the mech, the ball enters the subway and immediately goes to the kickout and is sent back up into play. When you lock a ball, the game knows one has been locked and will spit it into the shooter lane when a MB starts. I wonder why they didn't do something simple like they did in the original avengers game, lord of the rings or even stranger things where the balls stack up and are released by a post that quickly drops down.

#6917 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I wonder why they didn't do something simple like they did in the original avengers game, lord of the rings or even stranger things where the balls stack up and are released by a post that quickly drops down.

I think the idea was to do a cool staging thing where you'd see the balls slowly moving through the window but the execution just wasn't quite there. On the plus side, the window is there on the Pro and the plastic underneath it has a cool looking depth to it.

#6918 2 years ago

Is there a way in the settings to disable the subway ball walk?

#6919 2 years ago

not sure, but taking the ball walk out is simple, three nuts and one connector.

#6920 2 years ago

I think you can set it to "pass through" so it doesnt hold the balls, but if it's broken, you'd need to remove the mech itself as well. You can also disable the Raising Disc but only a madman would do that because that's actually pretty cool.

#6921 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think you can set it to "pass through" so it doesnt hold the balls, but if it's broken, you'd need to remove the mech itself as well. You can also disable the Raising Disc but only a madman would do that because that's actually pretty cool.

Yep tried that but that I believe is for the ball lock behavior as it still did the slow walk through.

#6922 2 years ago

Yep tried that but that I believe is for the ball lock behavior as it still did the slow walk through

Yeah, that's why you still have to physically remove the walking mechanism.

#6923 2 years ago

Yep tried that but that I believe is for the ball lock behavior as it still did the slow walk through.

There is a setting to speed up the ball walker as well. I think factory is 1sec per stop

#6924 2 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

There is a setting to speed up the ball walker as well. I think factory is 1sec per stop

Yeah, I think I have mine at 600 or 700 milliseconds. Not too fast or too slow.

#6925 2 years ago

I love how the balls look locked down there and spaced apart. It would definitely loose some impact if they were lumped together. Then again I am one of the lucky ones and my subway works perfectly after a little tweaking. My biggest complaint is I wish I were a couple inches taller so I could see them better without tip-toeing.

#6926 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love how the balls look locked down there and spaced apart. It would definitely loose some impact if they were lumped together. Then again I am one of the lucky ones and my subway works perfectly after a little tweaking. My biggest complaint is I wish I were a couple inches taller so I could see them better without tip-toeing.

Do what I did use williams bally legs it lowers the machine visual height by 2". Then again I had to due to low ceilings

#6927 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I also added (3) additional RGB lights tied into the original (3) to make the subway brighter and add more color depth.

IMG_9560 (resized).JPGIMG_9560 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPGIMG_9562 (resized).JPG
#6928 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Would be nice if they use the leds inside to somehow show that a ball is locked in there, either with a certain color for the complete subway (eg yellow 1 ball locked, blue 2 balls locked) or if possible just light some different color where the ball is positioned, even if the walkway is dismantled or not, they can still show it. Now I never know if I have 1 or 2 portal locks (or none for that matter).
Personally I have taken the walkway off because of all the issues, but I still hope for some new parts that fix it. Although I must say I don't miss it at all now, it's just way faster. I hate waiting for an animation before you can continue playing, so the walkway annoyed the crap out of me, especially with the clunky sound.

#6929 2 years ago
Quoted from ezeltmann:

Update on my spinning disc issue:
History : unboxed , played a couple of games with no problem ; accidentally loaded pro code update , game didn't work properly(of course) ; loaded LE update . game worked again but spinning disc didn't work (for spins) ; fiddled with the mech and reseated cables , got it working again and played until nighttime;
Woke up this morning , turned it on , SD (spin disc) didn't work again.
Emailed Stern , got a reply in about an hour and a half asking about the status of the LED's on the magnetic sensor below the SD shaft.
Answered that within three minutes (lights blinking twice). Lights will blink 3 times when it is working(or recognized) . only checked that once.
Got impatient and burned a brand new code onto a new SD card , to rule out any mix up in the code loading that i did with the pro code.
Put in new SD card and the spinning disc now worked. Put in the old card again . That worked too . Turned off the game and turned back on. now the disc didn't work.
Turned the game on and off a bunch of times swapping in both cards and found that :
50% of boot ups will recognize the disc as working.
The way my game is now upon powering on ; it will either have a working spinning disc or not . If it is working , i can play as many games as i want and the spinning disc will not fail . It's only upon the initial boot up that it seems that the magnetic sensor is failing or some test of the mech is failing. There are no software indications that it did not detect the magnetic sensor as working or a software compensation for a broken disc.
I passed that information along to Stern , although i never heard back from them when it seemed like they were going to help me . Maybe they kicked it up to another engineer or are waiting for a response from another team member.

Hi, I am having the same issue with the SD not working randomly when I start the machine. I have a Avengers IQ Premium that is about 2 weeks old so Im wondering if you have resolved the problem and how was it resolved?

#6930 2 years ago

Having an issue in which balls in the Portal Lock are released prior to a gem quest. Anyone else have this issue?

#6931 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Having an issue in which balls in the Portal Lock are released prior to a gem quest. Anyone else have this issue?

I would start with a switch test and verify the portal optical switches are connected in the correct order. There have been some reports of mis-wiring at the factory. Easy to switch connectors if they are wrong. You can see the connectors in my pictures a few posts up.

#6932 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

What else is happening when this occurs? Is there a ball already in play so it's causing a multiball before the gem quest starts?

#6933 2 years ago

Game seems to have fixed itself so maybe it was just a bug. I cycled through the varying game play choices and when starting up the next game in normal play it would release whatever balls were in the lock mech when the next portal lock was made. Seems to be working, but will report back if it happens again. Game has been working fine up until then.

#6934 2 years ago

Thinking of selling my avengers topper if anyone is looking for one let me know!

#6935 2 years ago
Quoted from jms3000:

Hi, I am having the same issue with the SD not working randomly when I start the machine. I have a Avengers IQ Premium that is about 2 weeks old so Im wondering if you have resolved the problem and how was it resolved?

I had the same random spinning disc issue as well. A new magnet sensor board fixed the problem.

#6936 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I have a AIQ Premium, and almost have it perfectly dialed in now. But i am experiencing 2 annoying issues, and would really like your opinion:

1: Sound distorted

The sound sounds pretty extorted at times? Its like there are some crackles one in a while. Especially when Thanos speaks in the beginng of a game. But also during some of the music. It is either distortion, or just plain poor sound quality on the music itself. I tried unplugging the sub, and then it was even more audible coming from the backbox speakers. But you can also hear it coming from the cabinet speaker. Does anyone else have this issue? I tried resetting the sound settings to default, but the crackles / distortion is still there.

2: Ball rattle in shooter lane

When i auto launch the ball, about 1 in 4 times it wont make it all the way up the ramp in the back. instead it just falls down between the pops. This is really annoying! Especially during soul gem mode. I shoot some video of it with my phone, and it seems that it happens because the ball it rattling form side to side in the shooter lane, and then on the playfield before making the turn to the left. When the ball is idle in the shooter lane, it seems to sit perfectly centered on the auto plunger arms. Any ideas?

A bad launch:

A good launch:

Another good launch:

#6937 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi everyone. I have a AIQ Premium, and almost have it perfectly dialed in now. But i am experiencing 2 annoying issues, and would really like your opinion:
The sound sounds pretty extorted at times? Its like there are some crackles one in a while. Especially when Thanos speaks in the beginng of a game. But also during some of the music. It is either distortion, or just plain poor sound quality on the music itself. I tried unplugging the sub, and then it was even more audible coming from the backbox speakers. But you can also hear it coming from the cabinet speaker. Does anyone else have this issue? I tried resetting the sound settings to default, but the crackles / distortion is still there.
When i auto launch the ball, about 1 in 4 times it wont make it all the way up the ramp in the back. instead it just falls down between the pops. This is really annoying! Especially during soul gem mode. I shoot some video of it with my phone, and it seems that it happens because the ball it rattling form side to side in the shooter lane, and then on the playfield before making the turn to the left. When the ball is idle in the shooter lane, it seems to sit perfectly centered on the auto plunger arms. Any ideas?
A bad launch:
A good launch:
Another good launch:

Unreliable launch is a problem across all models. Even Raymond Davidson in his videos manual plunges during soul gem to avoid unreliable autolaunch. No amount of tweaking seemed to fix it for me. Best thing I've found is keeping shooter lane frequently waxed. Doesn't last long but works for a while.

#6938 2 years ago

Ball stops at ball lock 2 position even if just the first portal lock, this completely wrecks the game’s ability to know how many balls are in play. Any ideas? Switches tested done in subway test and it has a new finger lock mech.

9387730A-165A-4089-B1DA-EECA9D28908C (resized).jpeg9387730A-165A-4089-B1DA-EECA9D28908C (resized).jpeg
#6939 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Ball stops at ball lock 2 position even if just the first portal lock, this completely wrecks the game’s ability to know how many balls are in play. Any ideas? Switches tested done in subway test and it has a new finger lock mech.
[quoted image]

I’ve had mine on “pass through “ for a while, but that looks correct to me for a first portal lock. Does your game behave oddly or go into a ball search when this happens?

#6940 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

[quoted image]

Newest code holds the first ball in the middle of the subway, so that looks correct.

Still seems like a switch issue to me if the game is getting "confused"... my subway works flawlessly.

#6941 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

[quoted image]

This is the correct position for lock 1, on the second finger. When a second is locked, it will first briefly stop on the first finger, then the fingers will drop to allow both ball to travel to the next position. So the first locked will be on the third finger, the second will be on the second finger. When you drop in another to start the mode it will briefly stop at the first finger, then they will drop to allow the balls to move to the VUK one position at a time.

#6942 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

A bad launch:
A good launch:
Another good launch:

There are a lot of posts in this forum about ideas for fixing auto launch issues if you use the Keyword Search for the forum. With the videos you posted it's difficult to tell what advice might work. If you take a video that shows the full path of the ball through the shooter lane from start to finish (maybe take the video from behind the ball) it might be easier to see what's happening.

Here's what I did on mine, and mine now gets around the ramp over 95% of the time:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/108#post-6152817

Every machine is a bit different though, so what worked on mine might not be what you need to do to adjust yours. Lots of good ideas in this forum though.

54B0593B-12F4-4058-8CC2-9247F6F6D4F0 (resized).jpeg54B0593B-12F4-4058-8CC2-9247F6F6D4F0 (resized).jpeg
#6943 2 years ago

I got my new walking mech today from stern, is there a difference that I'm just not seeing ? They kinda look the same

#6944 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. It does not go into a ball search and plays like normal until a second ball goes into the disc or a MB is started at which time it releases too many balls.

#6945 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I got my new walking mech today from stern, is there a difference that I'm just not seeing ? They kinda look the same

Should be a difference in the quality of the welds, that’s what breaks.

#6946 2 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Thanks for the replies. It does not go into a ball search and plays like normal until a second ball goes into the disc or a MB is started at which time it releases too many balls.

I know you said you checked the portal switches, but I would double check that they are registering in the correct order when a ball goes into the portal.

#6947 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

I don't remember it being obvious, but my new mech didn't stick the same way the old one did. I'd guess it was just a slight change on the part dimensions. The new one is working perfectly so far-my old one would get the tooth closest to the vuk jammed.

#6948 2 years ago

Upgraded my Premium speakers to the Kenwood 5.25". I remain kind of underwhelmed with the audio. Has anyone else made that upgrade, and if so can you recommend audio settings? Pinwoofer would be the best solution, but not sure that the AIQ soundtrack would make that upgrade worth the investment.

#6949 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Upgraded my Premium speakers to the Kenwood 5.25". I remain kind of underwhelmed with the audio. Has anyone else made that upgrade, and if so can you recommend audio settings? Pinwoofer would be the best solution, but not sure that the AIQ soundtrack would make that upgrade worth the investment.

The game is very bassy.. I replaced all three speakers and added a little 2.1 amp from parts express. It sounds really nice. Most of the soundtrack is meh but I do like the stage select and gem won tunes. Out of the three Elwin games we have this is the only one that didn't get an external sub.

#6950 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I have upgraded all speakers, kept original sizing, and also have an external sub. Took some tweaking to get the sound where I like it. I'll check my settings and report back a little later. I do like to put the speaker settings as 8 ohm even though the speakers are 4 ohm... gives extra punch at lower volumes like a 'loud' setting on car stereos.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,000 (OBO)
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,774 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/139?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.