IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 253.
#6801 2 years ago

Ran across a bug in Thanos Attacks, I had defended the soul and power gem and when it went to space gem @ pops I got a move gem light instead of the shots to defend popping up. Moved the gems.....then couldn’t defend anything. Not sure if anyone else has seen this?

000E3391-639F-43FB-9DBA-FD49DC967CED (resized).jpeg000E3391-639F-43FB-9DBA-FD49DC967CED (resized).jpeg
#6802 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Ran across a bug in Thanos Attacks, I had defended the soul and power gem and when it went to space gem @ pops I got a move gem light instead of the shots to defend popping up. Moved the gems.....then couldn’t defend anything. Not sure if anyone else has seen this?
[quoted image]

Interesting! I haven't seen that one.

#6803 2 years ago

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for all of your suggestions regarding my REALLY annoying Capt. Marvel ramp.

Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have you tried to grab the lowest rail (which would be bottom rail ) in the loop at 12 o'clock position and try putting some upward pressure on it giving it a slight bend to tighten that gap through the loop? Second thing I would suggest is getting the Captain Marvel ramp fix.

I'm also going to assume that you do indeed have the clear shield that goes on the loop ramp as well

Your English was just fine BTW!!

Thank you for your suggestion. I already tried bending it upwards a little, but it didn't really make a difference. The ball can still quite easily come out.
I do indeed have the clear shield that sits at the entrance. I just removed it when playing around with the ramp.

I wasn't aware of any fix for that ramp, but i will look into it. I just found a video of a guy who had mounted a piece of clear lexan on the left side. I think i am gonna give that a try, as i do actually have quite a lot of rejects as well.

Glad my English was understandable. I can read and understand English no problem, but when it comes to speaking it myself, the tongue just twists and twirls

Quoted from Fezmid:

I haven't tested my loop to see if it's that open but since I've never had the ball fall out like you describe, I suspect mine is closer together to keep it in. Will try to check later if other dont do it first.

If you get a chance at some point, that would be nice.

Quoted from EaglePin:

I just took the glass off of mine and checked it. Mine is the same where the opening is wider than the ball until about the top of the loop, but I haven't ever had it get stuck where yours is. Maybe try making a slight adjustment to the alignment of your ramp to see if that helps your shots go through?

Well it's great to hear the others have the same "opening". Then it seems that was how it was designed. I don't quite see how I could change alignment of that ramp to help solve my problem? But I will have a look.

Quoted from awesome1:

I've seen a couple other similar posts about this issue. My Captain Marvel ramp will not allow the ball to fit through. Definitely add the lexan or 3d printed fix to close the gap at the bottom which will make the shot smoother.

Try bending the wireform as DeathHimself recommended and you can also bend the wireform a little so the ball will clear the other wireform incase it does end up on top like you show. My wireforms are far enough apart a ball couldn't get hung up there.

Thanks, I found a video showing the lexan fix, and i will definitely try that. I considered adjusting the two ramps to add some clearance, but even if i do, the ball still doesnt come off the Capt Marvell ramp. It just lies still a couple of cm to the right of where it is stuck now, due to the curvature of the Marvel ramp.

Quoted from Jediturtle:

You are missing the plastic "guard" that covers the first half of the loop. Mine will not let a ball out after the point the plastic covers.

I do have that plastic, it was just removed when i took the pictures But my ball still is able to come out, even with that plastic attached.

#6804 2 years ago

Hi all- Avengers premium owner. I have a problem with my Captain Marvel ramp (no, not that problem). Sometimes shots to the ramp aren't registering as combos- like I'll hit black widow center ramp, the white arrow will be flashing on Captain Marvel, I make a clean shot to Captain Marvel, but I get no progression towards Binary and the combo doesn't advance. I've gone in to switch test and the opto works fine as far as I can tell (tested first just with my finger and then with a ball going as fast as I could fling it). Anything else I should be looking at?

Edited to add- oh I know the new code changed how many times you could repeat this combo, and I wish that was my problem, but I'm talking the first attempt at making the combo not the sixth repetition

#6805 2 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Hi all- Avengers premium owner. I have a problem with my Captain Marvel ramp (no, not that problem). Sometimes shots to the ramp aren't registering as combos- like I'll hit black widow center ramp, the white arrow will be flashing on Captain Marvel, I make a clean shot to Captain Marvel, but I get no progression towards Binary and the combo doesn't advance. I've gone in to switch test and the opto works fine as far as I can tell (tested first just with my finger and then with a ball going as fast as I could fling it). Anything else I should be looking at?
Edited to add- oh I know the new code changed how many times you could repeat this combo, and I wish that was my problem, but I'm talking the first attempt at making the combo not the sixth repetition

Check the switch just before the ant man kick out hole which registers the completion of the shot. Mine was only registering sometimes and I needed to bend it slightly to make better contact with the ball.

The initial opto on the marvel ramp registers with a sound effect even if the completion switch doesn't fire it makes a sound. its deceptive and you can think the shot registered but it didn't. Worth a look at anyway.

Thats the only issue I've had with the marvel ramp. Not sure what it is with my game but the common reject problem happens so rarely on mine its not even noticeable.

#6806 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Check the switch just before the ant man kick out hole which registers the completion of the shot. Mine was only registering sometimes and I needed to bend it slightly to make better contact with the ball.
The initial opto on the marvel ramp registers with a sound effect even if the completion switch doesn't fire it makes a sound. its deceptive and you can think the shot registered but it didn't. Worth a look at anyway.
Thats the only issue I've had with the marvel ramp. Not sure what it is with my game but the common reject problem happens so rarely on mine its not even noticeable.

I had a similar issue but it think I snagged the sensor when wiping down the game once. It’s exposed and pretty vulnerable, I ordered an extra just for backup because of that issue that took a lot of work to resolve once it got bent and misaligned.

#6807 2 years ago

Any chance of some lenses for the topper from PinMonk ?

#6808 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Any chance of some lenses for the topper from PinMonk ?

I should have access to a topper on this next run from Stern that's supposedly coming any day now. What's the problem with the topper gem lighting? I haven't seen it in person yet.

#6809 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I had the same issue, and the adjustment described above fixed it. I added a tiny amount of super-lube to all the metal contacts (ie the leaf switch and the spinner shafts) and now a good rip gets me 40+ spins!

Okay, as a follow up to this, does anyone know the head size of the 2-56 x 1/2" bolts holding the micro-switch into place at this location? I have some pretty small wrenches, but not small enough and I just need to know what to buy.

as always - much thanks

#6810 2 years ago

Am I the only one that has no idea where shot #5 on the Soul Gem quest is located? I see the shots light up GREEN but then after the 4th shot, nothing (at least that I can see)

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from mikeatsparkys:

Am I the only one that has no idea where shot #5 on the Soul Gem quest is located? I see the shots light up GREEN but then after the 4th shot, nothing (at least that I can see)

Should be Thor.

#6812 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

Okay, as a follow up to this, does anyone know the head size of the 2-56 x 1/2" bolts holding the micro-switch into place at this location? I have some pretty small wrenches, but not small enough and I just need to know what to buy.
as always - much thanks

I think it’s 3/16 (or 1/4 maybe?). You don’t have to remove the micro switch to adjust it if you have a switch adjustment tool. The idea is to bend the switch’s leaf upwards to ensure the spinner crank actuates the switch with each spin.

When I first got my AIQ I noticed (eventually) that the spinner was not registering every spin. A slight adjustment to the switch fixed it. I dabbed a teensy tiny amount of superlube on the metal parts and now I can collect hulk in 2 good rips!

#6813 2 years ago

Yup...the THOR lights should all be flashing after you make the Hulk shot. Then it’s the targets, indicated by a strobing pattern on the bingo grid.

#6814 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Yup...the THOR lights should all be flashing after you make the Hulk shot. Then it’s the targets, indicated by a strobing pattern on the bingo grid.

Ah, maybe I'm thinking shot #6 which would be the targets?

#6815 2 years ago

Ah, maybe I'm thinking shot #6 which would be the targets?

Right orbit
Left Ramp
Right Ramp
Left orbit
Thor
Targets
Captain Marvel
Tower

#6816 2 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Right orbit
Left Ramp
Right Ramp
Left orbit
Thor
Targets
Captain America
Tower

well that answers it. thanks!

#6817 2 years ago

well that answers it. thanks!

Except that was wrong...
Its actually,

Right orbit
Left Ramp
Guantlet Ramp
Left orbit
Thor
Targets
Captain Marvel
Tower

#6818 2 years ago

Finally broke 500MM! Most gems collected ever (4, lost soul on a cop out and never played time)! Definitely had a 12x bonus that was 44MM (should have been 50+ but drained before collecting the won gem)! Still no Thanos battle yet.

20210503_203633 (resized).jpg20210503_203633 (resized).jpg
#6819 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except that was wrong...
Its actually,
Right orbit
Left Ramp
Guantlet Ramp
Left orbit
Thor
Targets
Captain Marvel
Tower

Yeah I meant Captain Marvel, too many Captains dammit!!!

#6820 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Aha thanks I figured there had to be a second switch somewhere!

#6821 2 years ago

RANT
Ive had my premium since the first run. Ive had lots of time home with it. Im a comic nerd and i like Keith Elwin layouts.......
I cant seem to love this game. It just shoots so well thiugh. Until tonight i havent been able to put into words what i think that missing feeling is.
I think i realized its the lack of reward feeling vs the punishment feeling this game (code) provides.
Winning a gem is great and has its perks but losing any gem mode feels like a true loss. A mode doesnt time out. You win or lose. A loss however drastically changes the rest of your game. Ive never had the urge to restart a game as often as AIQ jist because i did poorly in a mode.
Then, even if you are doing well and completing gem quests, Thanos shows up to try and take them back. Defend them, ok, nothing overly satisfying imo. Lose a gem and it feels like another major punishment though. As much as i want to love AIQ the constant feeling of only having a really good game or shit one forces me to only like the game. What should have been a keeper for me will likely be gone as soon as something more desirable pops up.
Also getting to Soul gem every game gets old fast imo.

#6822 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hi everyone. I just received my Premium yesterday, and so far i am loving it!!
However, i have experienced a couple of ball hangups already. Is that something others have as well?
Especially the star rollover gives me stuck balls. This is no doubt due to the fact that i have had a playfield protector installed by the distributor before delivery. But it is really annoying So my question is, if anyone is aware of any adjustment possibilities on the star roll over (skill shot switch)?

Had a ball get stuck at the lower drop target only to have it get shot directly into the right out lane when the machine whent into ball search.

#6823 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

RANT
Ive had my premium since the first run. Ive had lots of time home with it. Im a comic nerd and i like Keith Elwin layouts.......
I cant seem to love this game. It just shoots so well thiugh. Until tonight i havent been able to put into words what i think that missing feeling is.
I think i realized its the lack of reward feeling vs the punishment feeling this game (code) provides.
Winning a gem is great and has its perks but losing any gem mode feels like a true loss. A mode doesnt time out. You win or lose. A loss however drastically changes the rest of your game. Ive never had the urge to restart a game as often as AIQ jist because i did poorly in a mode.
Then, even if you are doing well and completing gem quests, Thanos shows up to try and take them back. Defend them, ok, nothing overly satisfying imo. Lose a gem and it feels like another major punishment though. As much as i want to love AIQ the constant feeling of only having a really good game or shit one forces me to only like the game. What should have been a keeper for me will likely be gone as soon as something more desirable pops up.

It has taken me awhile, but this game is making me play other games better and I’m starting to feel like +300m games are easier to come by........agree it’s not for everyone and if I didn’t have it at home I think I would hate it!

#6824 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

It has taken me awhile, but this game is making me play other games better and I’m starting to feel like +300m games are easier to come by........agree it’s not for everyone and if I didn’t have it at home I think I would hate it!

Exactly my sentiments. I hadn't been to my local pinball joint in 4 months, and have been playing my home AIQ Pro almost exclusively in that time. Finally made it out to location Friday and set my lifetime high scores on three different games in about an hour. I'm more disciplined and can get ball control so much more easily. AIQ = boot camp.

#6825 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

RANT

The settings are very customisable... if you're struggling a little or finding the game more punishing than you'd like change then up to your needs. Don't worry about how you think it should be played or how others play it... set it up for you. I personally don't allow thanos to take a gem as it pisses me off... and ive reduced the flips taken when draining in soul gem. I dont care what people think, I have more fun this way.

Its important to get soul gem early so doing that mode needs to happen before a lot of other modes.

#6826 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The settings are very customisable... if you're struggling a little or finding the game more punishing than you'd like change then up to your needs. Don't worry about how you think it should be played or how others play it... set it up for you. I personally don't allow thanos to take a gem as it pisses me off... and ive reduced the flips taken when draining in soul gem. I dont care what people think, I have more fun this way.
Its important to get soul gem early so doing that mode needs to happen before a lot of other modes.

I consider myself an average or better player. I dont find AIQ difficult at all actually. Very easy to play forever if you arent try to progress anything specific as there is almost always a safe shot available
Its not the difficulty of the gameplay but the feeling of punishment in the code as mentioned.
Settings arent going to change the feeling that a lost gem is a big deal where winning one is just...ok.
Win 3? Good for you.....now defend them again.

(Just an after thought here but what if the lockdown bar gave you an option when Thanos Attacks? Choose batttle and it is like normal but if you win, Thanos is half as strong in Wizard mode. Choose Flee through the Portal and escape his attack. Maybe even make it harder (more spins) to start the next gem quest because Dr. Strange has exhausted his powers)

#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I consider myself an average or better player. I dont find AIQ difficult at all actually. Very easy to play forever if you arent try to progress anything specific as there is almost always a safe shot available
Its not the difficulty of the gameplay but the feeling of punishment in the code as mentioned.
Settings arent going to change the feeling that a lost gem is a big deal where winning one is just...ok.
(Just an after thought here but what if the lockdown bar gave you an option when Thanos Attacks? Choose batttle and it is like normal but if you win, Thanos is half as strong in Wizard mode. Choose Flee through the Portal and escape his attack. Maybe even make it harder (more spins) to start the next gem quest because Dr. Strange has exhausted his powers)

I get you...losing a gem can be a bummer. Look at it from this perspective though...so what? You do not need any gems at all to progress in the game. You can make it all the way through Battle Royale and even the final Thanos Battle without having a single gem. Sure, they give you nice perks, and obviously if you are interested in max score, you want those gems. But if game progression is what you play for, winning/keeping them is completely optional. So yes...it may feel like it's a major punishment and killing your game, but really it's not.

#6828 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

If your an above average player you should welcome the punishment if you fail. Don't want to risk loosing a ball and gem in Thanos attacks then let him take any gem but the soul gem while trapped up and then just go get it back. I don't think there will be any rule changes just so you can go from liking to loving the game, Elwin wanted it this way for a reason. You say winning a gem is just ok but the payoff is at the end when you defeat Thanos immediately and collect a billion for having all the gems.

#6829 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Just an after thought here but what if the lockdown bar gave you an option when Thanos Attacks? Choose batttle and it is like normal but if you win, Thanos is half as strong in Wizard mode. Choose Flee through the Portal and escape his attack. Maybe even make it harder (more spins) to start the next gem quest because Dr. Strange has exhausted his powers)

you can turn off Gem stealing in Thanos Attacks mode in the settings.

#6830 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I think it’s 3/16 (or 1/4 maybe?). You don’t have to remove the micro switch to adjust it if you have a switch adjustment tool. The idea is to bend the switch’s leaf upwards to ensure the spinner crank actuates the switch with each spin.
When I first got my AIQ I noticed (eventually) that the spinner was not registering every spin. A slight adjustment to the switch fixed it. I dabbed a teensy tiny amount of superlube on the metal parts and now I can collect hulk in 2 good rips!

Correct, I could adjust it without removing it. I'm waiting for my leaf adjustment tool, but I also noticed that switch has more side to side movement than say the captain marvel micro-switch by the ant man scoop. So, I ordered a replacement just in case something is a bit off with it.

#6831 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

RANT

Yep it costs a lot to lose a gem quest or Thanos Attacks but the way I look at it is that it fits with the theme. You're battling to stop Thanos from snapping, so every gem he gets to keep costs a lot in that battle. The good thing is that you can still progress through all the modes with or without any of the gems and can also change the game settings if you want.

#6832 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep it costs a lot to lose a gem quest or Thanos Attacks but the way I look at it is that it fits with the theme. You're battling to stop Thanos from snapping, so every gem he gets to keep costs a lot in that battle. The good thing is that you can still progress through all the modes with or without any of the gems and can also change the game settings if you want.

Agreed. Although I don't think you should lose your ball AND the gem... I've said that before and I think most agree. Kind of like Soul Gem.

#6833 2 years ago

So, having trouble with a couple of my other machines I decided to lower the tilt bob and play the heck out of AIQ last night. Wow, is this machine fun!!!! Making the tilt less sensitive, the out lanes became much more tolerable. This machine should definitely be up there as one of the best ever... right next to Iron Maiden. That said, should I be adding a JP to the collection??

#6834 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

That said, should I be adding a JP to the collection??

Hell yes!!! All Elwin's pins are home runs so far IMO.

#6835 2 years ago

Ugh... so close to a possible new high score last night (currently 2.6 Billion).

On my last ball and just finished Battle Royale with all 6 gems... sitting at 1.4 Billion, all I need to do is spin the disk, spell Strange, go in the portal and get the 1 Billion for Battle Thanos and then Super Victory laps... but I drained!

Didn't even get on my leaderboard.

#6836 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

So, having trouble with a couple of my other machines I decided to lower the tilt bob and play the heck out of AIQ last night. Wow, is this machine fun!!!! Making the tilt less sensitive, the out lanes became much more tolerable. This machine should definitely be up there as one of the best ever... right next to Iron Maiden. That said, should I be adding a JP to the collection??

Nice. Yeah the machine definitely needs to be nudged to keep out of the outlane area as much as possible, and to save a failed Captain Marvel shot which usually heads straight down the middle.

Obviously play it first if you haven't, but JP is excellent. As good as AIQ is, I think JP is even better. You can tell they share some DNA, but they are not at all redundant or too similar to each other like some designers tend to do.

#6837 2 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

That said, should I be adding a JP to the collection??

Yes! And so should I!

#6838 2 years ago

Watching some of the Pinclash qualifying streams I noticed a lot of people seem to have their machines set up to be able to ski jump pass pretty easily. I'm at 6.7 at the flippers and my flippers are lined up so the front edge of the bat (not the rubber) is even with the alignment hole. On mine a ski jump pass only just barely works, sometimes.

I'd ordinarily just increase pitch to test it out, but right now I'm really happy with my current setup (other than not being able to ski pass) and don't want to change it without a good reason. So I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of how much farther up in pitch I might need to go to have ski jump passes be reliable.

#6839 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Watching some of the Pinclash qualifying streams I noticed a lot of people seem to have their machines set up to be able to ski jump pass pretty easily. I'm at 6.7 at the flippers and my flippers are lined up so the front edge of the bat (not the rubber) is even with the alignment hole. On mine a ski jump pass only just barely works, sometimes.
I'd ordinarily just increase pitch to test it out, but right now I'm really happy with my current setup (other than not being able to ski pass) and don't want to change it without a good reason. So I'm just curious if anyone has an idea of how much farther up in pitch I might need to go to have ski jump passes be reliable.

My pitch and flipper alignment sound very close to yours. I just watched the Number 1 qualifier and I can't ski pass anywhere close to that. I can do it most of the time only from the upper wireform drop, not Capt. Marvel, but the ball barely makes it over to the left flipper, sometimes dropping short.

It does seem like the Pro is easier on that Ant Man shot... I haven't really tried for lowest number of flips in Battle Royale, but my highest score is 533 Million and fastest time is 1:14.

#6840 2 years ago

Yeah losing a gem is a bummer. But it's awesome when you defend your gems in Thanos attacks and then you are awarded a gem that you failed to collect earlier. So, you can take his too! It's a two way battle with both you and Thanos having something to loose, or gain.

On a wider note. With games being as deep as they are these days. They can feel harder than they actually are. Given similar ball times. You get much further in a 90s game than a modern game with deep code. This can make it feel harder because the wizard mode is so far away at the end of the game. But the good news is that's where mini-wizard modes come in!

#6841 2 years ago
20210504_222828 (resized).jpg20210504_222828 (resized).jpg20210504_222839 (resized).jpg20210504_222839 (resized).jpg
#6842 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice, keep us posted when the list is opening up lol.

#6843 2 years ago

Worst sound ever - two portal lock balls being ejected after you drain your last ball...

#6844 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Worst sound ever - two portal lock balls being ejected after you drain your last ball...

sadly i am all too familiar with that sound

#6845 2 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Doesn’t Mezelmods make the same thing?

#6846 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Doesn’t Mezelmods make the same thing?

Ha.... not like this bad boy

#6847 2 years ago

Think the Thanos attack really adds to game immersion. If Thanos takes a gem, it does not stop progression, as it only removes the gem perk and that’s it, so it is not like being punished, rather it is the spoils of a battle either won or lost. Gems can be quickly added back using a Hawkeye completed shot reward. One Hawkeye award and you get the gem back, it’s that easy to get back after losing a gem to Thanos. So this is not frustrating, rather an exciting win/lose fight with Thanos. Until I understood this, it seemed frustrating, but no longer. Really like the fight strategy of this game. If Thanos could not win a gem back, it would not be a fight, nor would it follow the Thanos story line.

Believe if people were to understand how AIQ fighting strategy works, they’d no longer be frustrated and enjoy the game as a Avengers/Thanos/Black Order fighting game. It is very unique for pinball and follows the comics/movie closely this way. After all, we are avenging the Thanos snap.

#6848 2 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

The settings are not very customizable to make the game easier for lower skilled players. In one of my earlier posts I outlined code adjustments that I think would allow players like me to enjoy the game more.

I've heard though that Ray disagrees and thinks we should just turn it up to 10 balls. But that does not solve the problem.

Ray needs more experience with players that don't approach games from a competition standpoint.

I agree that if there aren't some code changes in the next few months I'll have to give up the game for something I enjoy more like deadpool. That kills me because marvel and avengers is literally one of my favorite things.

Hell, give me access to the code repo and build workflow and I'll add the new adjustments myself.

#6849 2 years ago

Thanos Attacks quirks/strategies.

Personally I don't mind losing the Soul Gem during Thanos Attacks, as usually I'm close to Black Order Multiball with an opportunity to get it straight back by hitting the SJP. Granted that's not an easy shot. and quite often I'll lose the Soul Gem by not making the SJP anyway.

Another strategy is to deliberately time out (flip out) the Soul Gem. If you don't have the Soul Gem you don't get to Thanos Attacks anyway.
I did this and ended up getting all other 5 gems (possibly 4) before getting the Soul Gem from Battle Royale. That meant that I had to defend all 6 gems!

#6850 2 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Thanos Attacks quirks/strategies.
Personally I don't mind losing the Soul Gem during Thanos Attacks, as usually I'm close to Black Order Multiball with an opportunity to get it straight back by hitting the SJP. Granted that's not an easy shot. and quite often I'll lose the Soul Gem by not making the SJP anyway.
Another strategy is to deliberately time out (flip out) the Soul Gem. If you don't have the Soul Gem you don't get to Thanos Attacks anyway.
I did this and ended up getting all other 5 gems (possibly 4) before getting the Soul Gem from Battle Royale. That meant that I had to defend all 6 gems!

I had a similar game to yours. I’ve never made Battle Thanos, and only launched BR a few times. On this game, I failed the SG (tried a hard quest with mind gem help but failed)...honked BOM (lasted just a bit longer than the ball save) but then made it and completed BR. Yay, I thought, I can finally battle Thanos (I had played all the gem quests and I think I had 4 of the 6 gems). Nope....completing BR had given me the soul gem and after I collected it, Thanos attacked. Great, I have to defend all these gems now. I drained defending the third one and it was game over....no Battle Thanos

While I was disappointed I did not get to Battle Thanos I was still happy I had a great game (for me, 1.3B). One of my favourite things about the code is that every game can have a narrative, yet it is not a linear one (like RS, for instance.) I feel like every (good) game is writing a different comic book. One day I’ll write one where Thanos finally gets his ass whipped. Until then (and probably after too) this game is not going anywhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
7,900 (OBO)
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lynchburg, VA
7,400 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 137 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/137?hl=plungerboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.