04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 255.
#6701 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’m not aware of a summary, but first things I’d check are the Thor and ant man ball guides to see if they are digging into the playfield. If they are, you need to raise them up with a washer underneath.

Also check to see if you have the updated subway parts. The new parts will have a groove cut out of the subway plastic going into the ant man scoop.

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Here is a Pic of the two different subway plastics. The more recent one has the slot all the way to the end.

Thank you guys. I will be sure to check these things.

#6702 2 years ago

Stupid Thanos.
Ive got 3/3 gems.
Thanos Attacks.
I save the first two and drain my soul gem away. Grr.
98 million Thanos Attacks though.

#6703 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stupid Thanos.
Ive got 3/3 gems.
Thanos Attacks.

Am I the only one who feels draining should only result in a lost gem, and not a lost gem AND ball? It's bad enough losing the gem in my mind.... maybe an option in the settings would be a good compromise.

#6704 2 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Stupid Thanos.
Ive got 3/3 gems.
Thanos Attacks.

Defend the soul gem first; you have your ballsaver to help out for a while. Defend the gem you want the most first.

You can disable thanos taking gems in the settings now if you find it irritating.

#6705 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Defend the soul gem first; you have your ballsaver to help out for a while. Defend the gem you want the most first.
You can disable thanos taking gems in the settings now if you find it irritating.

I was defending what i wanted most. The mind gem. Then i accidentally defended reality next and drained out on soul.
I partially agree with Fezmid
It would be nice if Thanos Attacks were it own thing where a drain takes a gem but not a ball.
I however would hope this was a rule change and not a setting option. Other than putting a new game to my house on 5ball for a little bit, my ocd want factory settings

#6706 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Am I the only one who feels draining should only result in a lost gem, and not a lost gem AND ball? It's bad enough losing the gem in my mind.... maybe an option in the settings would be a good compromise.

I feel the same. This is the only big mode where you can lose your ball that i can think of. Seems unnecessarily mean. Plus you have to spin the disc to open the portal.... Just for Thanos to come attack you, which doesn't make sense. I hate getting a portal lock spinning disc, thinking I'm about to go on a gem quest, and then it's Thanos instead and I lose that work too

#6707 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I feel the same. This is the only big mode where you can lose your ball that i can think of. Seems unnecessarily mean. Plus you have to spin the disc to open the portal.... Just for Thanos to come attack you, which doesn't make sense. I hate getting a portal lock spinning disc, thinking I'm about to go on a gem quest, and then it's Thanos instead and I lose that work too

Agree that should carry over, you earned it!

#6708 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I agree, it is harsh to lose your ball AND a gem when Thanos Attacks. I almost prefer going into TA having lost a gem already...it makes the mode easier and you can win the lost gem.

I’m not changing the settings, though! I had this one game where nothing was going right, lost a gem on ball one, then on ball 2 failed the soul gem quest (which almost never happens to me anymore). I nearly restarted at this point, but I plowed on. Then I made BOM and won the soul gem (by making a super jp). Now that I had the SG, Thanos Attacked but I beat him and snagged another gem. Then I won the other lost gem back by making the Marksman Hawkeye challenge (only time I’ve ever done that!). I ended up making it to BR, and almost got to Battle Thanos (which I have yet to do). I ended up with over 1B points on that game after almost restarting in the middle of ball 2....

#6709 2 years ago

So when comparing the Prem and Pro to decide which to buy, one of the things that stood out to me was the Captain Marvel Binary Hurry Up. On the Prem, a successful hurry-up adds a multiplier to the Captain Marvel Shot, while on the Pro, there is no multiplier.

I would like to see a multiplier added to the Pro as well because it adds some additional room for Gem placement strategy. I understand that the Pro spinner shot is MUCH EASIER to hit, so I have a suggestion that could hopefully help to balance that out.

Basically, make the multiplier rule exist in the same way on the Pro as it already exists on the Prem. But change the payout of any multiplied shots on the Captain Marvel shot to be based on the number of spins on the spinner. For example, a 10M shot lit on Captain Marvel with the 2X hurry-up: if you shoot the spinner and get 30 spins, it counts for the full 2X multiplier and you get 20M points. But if instead you only get like 20 spins then maybe you only get half of your +1X multiplier so 10M x 1.5X for 15M points. You could also do it where it's all or nothing, hit 30 spins and get the multiplier but fall short and get no multiplier. You could add an adjustment for "Marvel spins for full X," "Marvel spins for half X," "Marvel spins for quarter X," etc.

I feel like a similar approach to approximate the difficulty of the Prem Ramp using the Pro spinner is already implemented in Soul Gem and the Captain Marvel Count Up Awards so it shouldn't feel out of place.

#6710 2 years ago

I bought a NIB premium about 6 weeks ago and am in love with it. This is my first pin I've owned, so definitely new to all of this. Has anyone had any issues with the tower not releasing the ball unless you hit a flipper? It just started all of a sudden and it doesn't do it every time, but when going for the hawkeye on difficult, once you fire the flipper, it registers as a miss.

#6711 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

I bought a NIB premium about 6 weeks ago and am in love with it. This is my first pin I've owned, so definitely new to all of this. Has anyone had any issues with the tower not releasing the ball unless you hit a flipper? It just started all of a sudden and it doesn't do it every time, but when going for the hawkeye on difficult, once you fire the flipper, it registers as a miss.

Probably magnetized balls. The flip is just enough vibration to shake it loose. Try new balls.

#6712 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Probably magnetized balls. The flip is just enough vibration to shake it loose. Try new balls.

Excellent. Thank you

#6713 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Just to clarify... you can actually lose your ball on any of the "wizard" modes if you lose it right as the mode times out or no flips remaining in the case of soul gem. Believe me, I've done all of the above!

#6714 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Just to clarify... you can actually lose your ball on any of the "wizard" modes if you lose it right as the mode times out or no flips remaining in the case of soul gem. Believe me, I've done all of the above!

True, I guess, if you're really unlucky. In Attacks! though, it's your main way of failing instead of an edge case

#6715 2 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

True, I guess, if you're really unlucky. In Attacks! though, it's your main way of failing instead of an edge case

True, in Thanos Attacks, my success rate is probably lower than 20% currently.

#6716 2 years ago

If this is local to anyone looking for a Prem it might be worth looking into.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-avengers-infinity-quest-premium-19

#6717 2 years ago

Is it just me or is the Mind Gem quest music the "Gangsta's Paradise" song?

#6718 2 years ago

Hi everyone. I just received my Premium yesterday, and so far i am loving it!!

However, i have experienced a couple of ball hangups already. Is that something others have as well?

Especially the star rollover gives me stuck balls. This is no doubt due to the fact that i have had a playfield protector installed by the distributor before delivery. But it is really annoying So my question is, if anyone is aware of any adjustment possibilities on the star roll over (skill shot switch)?

#6719 2 years ago

Question regarding the updated plastic for the subway.

Will that stop 2 balls from being hung up at the last location before the up-kick?

#6720 2 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Question regarding the updated plastic for the subway.
Will that stop 2 balls from being hung up at the last location before the up-kick?

Yes

#6721 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

However, i have experienced a couple of ball hangups already. Is that something others have as well?
Especially the star rollover gives me stuck balls. This is no doubt due to the fact that i have had a playfield protector installed by the distributor before delivery. But it is really annoying So my question is, if anyone is aware of any adjustment possibilities on the star roll over (skill shot switch)?

Remove the playfield protector.
Clean and wax the playfield.
Enjoy your machine.

#6722 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

I think you can loosen the nut on the bottom and spin it to adjust the hieght, but not sure how well it'll line up with whatever hole is in the protector

#6723 2 years ago

I’m having an issue with the opto in the inner orbit. It seems to be working when I remove it, but something is blocking the sensors from connecting. I’ve tried adjusting the switch every way I can and occasionally they align and the light comes in but it’s always temporary. Eventually it becomes obscured again

Has anyone else had this issue? What was the adjustment/ fix.

#6724 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I’m having an issue with the opto in the inner orbit. It seems to be working when I remove it, but something is blocking the sensors from connecting. I’ve tried adjusting the switch every way I can and occasionally they align and the light comes in but it’s always temporary. Eventually it becomes obscured again

Does it register at all in the game? If not, I would closely check the alignment of the opto beam through the ball guide holes to make sure they are lined up properly.

If it just has trouble triggering with a fast moving ball, many people have had success adding a bit of tape to the ball guide hole on one side to make them smaller, essentially making the opto beam itself smaller and easier for the ball to block/trigger.

#6725 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

May not be your issue, but Did you check to make sure the optos are plugged in correctly. Many reports of the wrong optos connected to the wrong plugs. Go into test mode and make sure left opto registers when left opto is hit, center for center, etc.

#6726 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there a setting to have the subway empty itself upon the game ending?
Thanks

Quoted from Jkaping:

Not sure if you've tried this before or not, but here's an idea from when I first got mine and the inner loop optos weren't lining up:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29#post-5909864

#6727 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Not sure if you've tried this before or not, but here's an idea from when I first got mine and the inner loop optos weren't lining up:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/29#post-5909864

This actually crossed my mind. I’ll give it a try and see if that fixes it! Thank you!

#6728 2 years ago

So I noticed a weird thing in v1.01.

I had completed the Time Gem Quest and drained out before collecting the gem. Then on my next ball (with collect gem still lit), I shot the Tower and started Hawkeye Challenge and I did the select Marksman difficulty and it "awarded" me my Collect Gem for my Time Gem. I don't think I had lost any other Gems prior to that.

I'm guessing that the Marksman "Light Gem" award treated my Time Gem waiting to be collected as either a "Running Quest" or "Failed Quest." Can you manually select Marksman Difficulty with a quest running or only if you've failed a Gem Quest? I would have thought that it is only selectable if you've failed a quest but I'm not sure.

I feel like the proper behaviour would have been to not have allowed Marksman Difficulty (because I hadn't lost a Gem) in the first place, but even if I got to Marksman difficulty the proper way, it should have awarded me an unplayed Gem Quest or I suppose a 5M consolation if Gem Quest collects can't be stacked (I believe this is the only situation in which there would be a possibility of stacking).

Anyways, I thought it was an interesting little quirk.

#6729 2 years ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

We have a playfield protector on our game and do not have that issue. The protector needs to go under the ramp flap and maybe check the pitch of your game.

#6730 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I feel like the proper behaviour would have been to not have allowed Marksman Difficulty (because I hadn't lost a Gem) in the first place

Since a successful Marksman shot will award the gem for a failed gem quest, a running quest, an unplayed gem quest, or give 5M points then it would seem to make sense for Marksman to be an option to select any time. If you don't fit into any of the other categories you get the 5M points.

The only "opportunity" I see for them to enhance the logic of the award would be if you'd lost a gem to Thanos in Thanos Attack.

Based on the way the current logic is worded in the Readme file I could be holding 5 gems (due to either an unplayed quest or a failed quest), hit the Marksman shot, and get awarded the 6th gem.

But if I was holding 5 gems because Thanos had taken the missing 6th gem then I would be in a situation where I had played and won all gem quests (no unplayed quests, no failed quests), so it seems like Marksman wouldn't award it to me unless I hit it while I was running the quest to get the missing gem back. It would give the 5M instead.

Quoted from shaub:

I'm guessing that the Marksman "Light Gem" award treated my Time Gem waiting to be collected as either a "Running Quest" or "Failed Quest."

I think it makes sense to say any gem quest is still active until the gem is collected. Really a quest isn't over until the gem is in your possession, and that would be why you got the Time gem for it with gem collect lit. So I think the way it played out makes sense. Just my reading of it though.

#6731 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So I noticed a weird thing in v1.01.
I had completed the Time Gem Quest and drained out before collecting the gem. Then on my next ball (with collect gem still lit), I shot the Tower and started Hawkeye Challenge and I did the select Marksman difficulty and it "awarded" me my Collect Gem for my Time Gem. I don't think I had lost any other Gems prior to that.
I'm guessing that the Marksman "Light Gem" award treated my Time Gem waiting to be collected as either a "Running Quest" or "Failed Quest." Can you manually select Marksman Difficulty with a quest running or only if you've failed a Gem Quest? I would have thought that it is only selectable if you've failed a quest but I'm not sure.
I feel like the proper behaviour would have been to not have allowed Marksman Difficulty (because I hadn't lost a Gem) in the first place, but even if I got to Marksman difficulty the proper way, it should have awarded me an unplayed Gem Quest or I suppose a 5M consolation if Gem Quest collects can't be stacked (I believe this is the only situation in which there would be a possibility of stacking).
Anyways, I thought it was an interesting little quirk.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Since a successful Marksman shot will award the gem for a failed gem quest, a running quest, an unplayed gem quest, or give 5M points then it would seem to make sense for Marksman to be an option to select any time. If you don't fit into any of the other categories you get the 5M points.
The only "opportunity" I see for them to enhance the logic of the award would be if you'd lost a gem to Thanos in Thanos Attack.
Based on the way the current logic is worded in the Readme file I could be holding 5 gems (due to either an unplayed quest or a failed quest), hit the Marksman shot, and get awarded the 6th gem.
But if I was holding 5 gems because Thanos had taken the missing 6th gem then I would be in a situation where I had played and won all gem quests (no unplayed quests, no failed quests), so it seems like Marksman wouldn't award it to me unless I hit it while I was running the quest to get the missing gem back. It would give the 5M instead.

I think it makes sense to say any gem quest is still active until the gem is collected. Really a quest isn't over until the gem is in your possession, and that would be why you got the Time gem for it with gem collect lit. So I think the way it played out makes sense. Just my reading of it though.

Yeah, I agree with EaglePin about the gem being still active until collected. I don't think you receive the gem bonus at the end of ball in your situation either with the collect gem lit and a drain since you haven't "collected" it yet.

#6732 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

But as it currently works, skipping to marksman isnt available at any time, it's supposed to enable when youve lost a gem. Which makes sense, because otherwise you could just go Hawkeye Challenge Marksman difficulty all day and collect all the gems.

Quoted from EaglePin:

I understand what you're getting at but really you dont lose the gem while it waits at the "Gem Collect" stage and you drain where as a drain during a quest ends it and the gem is lost. So the Gem may not have been collected yet but it hasn't been lost so skipping to Marksman shouldnt be enabled.

Either way, the Gem hasnt been lost so skipping to marksman shouldnt enable, so something weird happened in this situation.

#6733 2 years ago

For the second time in two weeks, the Thor newton ball has come flying off mid game. It’s not cool. Getting it back on without taking a bunch of stuff apart, which as a repair novice I’d rather not do, is really hard. The first time I undid the screw near it and after a bunch of work got it on. I resorted, because of the wire frame right above and obstructing the plastic/newton ball, to using a paint scraper across the plastic / top of the ball and then using a hammer to get the ball flush. It scored the plastic a tiny bit but I can live with that as opposed to major disassembly. This time I tried the same, put a little super glue on it and got it almost flush but did a bit more scoring to the plastic, which most likely will not survive another round without breaking. I assume this is going to happen again.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there another way to got about fixing this?

#6734 2 years ago

Wait, you guys can hit the hawkeye marksman challenge?

#6735 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Got my soul gem back twice this week

#6736 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

For the second time in two weeks, the Thor newton ball has come flying off mid game. It’s not cool. Getting it back on without taking a bunch of stuff apart, which as a repair novice I’d rather not do, is really hard. The first time I undid the screw near it and after a bunch of work got it on. I resorted, because of the wire frame right above and obstructing the plastic/newton ball, to using a paint scraper across the plastic / top of the ball and then using a hammer to get the ball flush. It scored the plastic a tiny bit but I can live with that as opposed to major disassembly. This time I tried the same, put a little super glue on it and got it almost flush but did a bit more scoring to the plastic, which most likely will not survive another round without breaking. I assume this is going to happen again.
Has this happened to anyone else and is there another way to got about fixing this?

Luckily I've never had this problem in 2000 games played. I'm not sure how it is secured, I recommend you contact your distributor or Stern.

#6737 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I've hit it once so far. Personally, I don't skip to it as I like getting the "Pro" extra ball.

#6738 2 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

The first time I saw the option on the screen, I was like, 'Sure, let's try it out!' and I hit it. Was super psyched! Haven't been able to hit it a single time since then..... :/

#6739 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Is it just me or is the Mind Gem quest music the "Gangsta's Paradise" song?

Ill have to give it a listen but every time I get into Thanos Attacks it reminds me of the Spider Man theme song. Spider Man....da na na na...Spider Man

#6740 2 years ago

Any advice to a newby on how to approach adjusting the leaf switch for the hulk spinner. It's not registering like it did out of the box.

thanks,

#6741 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

Any advice to a newby on how to approach adjusting the leaf switch for the hulk spinner. It's not registering like it did out of the box.

thanks,

You basically want to make sure when the spinner is in the top position (ie. 180 degrees from the rest point), that it is solidly closing the microswitch. That way every spin actually counts as it should. But if it's closing TOO firmly, then it will restrict how many spins you get. So it's a balance between those two things. My priority would be counting every spin, and then backing it off as much as possible to get as many spins as possible.

#6742 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

thanks,

Also - the spinner may need a little lube.

This may be debatable by some, but a very small amount of lube will do wonders for the spinners!

I use Corrosion X, but I happen to have some around for other projects and it works well here and lasts quite a while. I use just a very small drop on each contact point of the spinner shaft and wipe up any excess with a paper towel.

#6743 2 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

For the second time in two weeks, the Thor newton ball has come flying off mid game. It’s not cool.

No, that's NOT cool. Also, not possible, if it's properly bolted to the underside of the playfield. check and make sure the bolt extending through the playfield has a nut on the other end.

#6744 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

Bend the end of the micro switch lever up toward the glass while keeping some pressure on the base of the lever. You can rotate the spinner by hand and/or with a ball, but you want that lever to push/click the switch in with each rotation. I had a similar situation, but it's an easy fix.

#6745 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Also - the spinner may need a little lube.
This may be debatable by some, but a very small amount of lube will do wonders for the spinners!
I use Corrosion X, but I happen to have some around for other projects and it works well here and lasts quite a while. I use just a very small drop on each contact point of the spinner shaft and wipe up any excess with a paper towel.

thank you for your help

#6746 2 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Bend the end of the micro switch lever up toward the glass while keeping some pressure on the base of the lever. You can rotate the spinner by hand and/or with a ball, but you want that lever to push/click the switch in with each rotation. I had a similar situation, but it's an easy fix.

much appreciated - thank you

#6747 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

much appreciated - thank you

just curious, how many counts are people getting when they rip it? I feel I hit it pretty squarely and I'm only getting maybe 10-15

#6748 2 years ago
Quoted from Crowbass:

just curious, how many counts are people getting when they rip it? I feel I hit it pretty squarely and I'm only getting maybe 10-15

I think mine is usually about 30

#6749 2 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

Ill have to give it a listen but every time I get into Thanos Attacks it reminds me of the Spider Man theme song. Spider Man....da na na na...Spider Man

Lol, thanks a lot. Now I'm going to have that thought running through my head every time Thanos Attacks starts!

#6750 2 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

No, that's NOT cool. Also, not possible, if it's properly bolted to the underside of the playfield. check and make sure the bolt extending through the playfield has a nut on the other end.

I blame Loki.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

4,999 (Firm)
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/135?hl=pinball2020 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.