D6143746-FD36-4C47-9637-A3073F7C6346.jpeg
E2BD54DB-6A97-4B9C-9828-DC4CB2A14BFF.jpeg
80D2D8F5-DB23-4263-A11B-E0FA3E2206C8.jpeg
43A1ED0A-1A36-4403-AE4F-FE4DA4D33FCF.jpeg
IMG_3096 (resized).JPG
IMG_20220808_145909 (resized).jpg
6E45365D-DF12-4C5C-BA07-9437DFDC858B (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 213.
#6651 1 year ago
Quoted from nick_k:

I went out to check my AIQ on route and was pleasantly surprised to see it being played. It is a very casual location but I do have the regular pinheads play test at least once a week. Today I noticed the washer and nut feel off the wireform from the right ramp to the up post. I was able to find it and replace it but in my test games afterwards the feed for the Hawkeye shot was bouncing out past the disc and not directly to the upper flipper. Anybody else experience this issue? I have a feeling I need to adjust the nut and pull the wireform back farther to prevent it from hitting the lane. Picture provided as a reference for where this is occurring. This was before I replaced the nut.
[quoted image]

Yep just a slight adjustment should take care of it.

#6652 1 year ago

Ours was doing the same thing. The ball was exiting the wireform and hitting the ball guide. We slid it back a little bit and tightened the screw down and it's much better. Occasional weird hop out of there but mostly just feed the flipper.

#6653 1 year ago

Question from a new game owner. Are balls returning from the left hulk orbit supposed to hit the left sling before arriving at the left flipper? On mine it seems that when the ball exits the orbit it will glance off the left sling (not enough to activate it) making it trickier to get control with the left flipper. Just curious if this is by design or if I need to tweak something. Table is level left to right.

#6654 1 year ago

I fixed my auto plunge!
After months of only about 40% of all auto plunges actually making it all the way around i found a VERY basic solution. Worked for me. Maybe not for all but here it is.
The thin strip of metal at the end of the shooter lane flexes so i put 2 tiny pieces of sticky tack in between the metal and the side rail. One around the middle where there seemed to be a small bow and another right at the end where it meets the metal for the orbit. The metal strip no longer flexes as the ball passes and in the 30min i played my auto plunge was 100%

20210422_132801 (resized).jpg

#6655 1 year ago

20210422_172520.jpgfinally got my avengers topper done.

#6656 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I fixed my auto plunge!
After months of only about 40% of all auto plunges actually making it all the way around i found a VERY basic solution. Worked for me. Maybe not for all but here it is.
The thin strip of metal at the end of the shooter lane flexes so i put 2 tiny pieces of sticky tack in between the metal and the side rail. One around the middle where there seemed to be a small bow and another right at the end where it meets the metal for the orbit. The metal strip no longer flexes as the ball passes and in the 30min i played my auto plunge was 100%
[quoted image]

Nice! Please keep us updated on how this is working once you get some more games on it.

#6657 1 year ago

Pablo at Stern Tech Support sent me a new Walk-lock subway assembly to fix up the issue when two balls are in the portal lock and the rightmost finger is not in the correct position so the ball is not closing switch 47.

The first 4 photos are the new assembly. The photo with the new one on top and the old one on the bottom shows how much slack there is in the old one that the rightmost finger can get jammed between the rod the moves the fingers and the side of the assembly.

The next photo shows a close up of the old assembly with the finger jammed as described above. You can see the semi-circle of the finger in the rightmost semi circle opening.

The last two pictures are the new one.

The differences I can see are
1. The welds are much cleaner on the new one and are mostly flush with the assembly.
2. There is no play on the new assembly to force the rightmost finger to get jammed as it does on the old assembly.

Thanks to Pablo for sending. I will send back the old one and hopefully the new one will work with no issues. It was super easy to replace.

IMG_0061 (resized).jpegIMG_0062 (resized).jpegIMG_0063 (resized).jpegIMG_0064 (resized).jpegIMG_0069 (resized).jpegIMG_0070 (resized).jpegIMG_0072 (resized).jpegIMG_0075 (resized).jpeg

#6658 1 year ago
Quoted from nick_k:

Today I noticed the washer and nut feel off the wireform from ...

Yup mine fell off after only a couple hundred plays

#6659 1 year ago

Trying to beat the clock and keep the Super Gauntlet loops going!

#6660 1 year ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I fixed my auto plunge!
[quoted image]

i second this. tried it tonight. no blue tack so i used a little double stick tape. 100% through 3 games til it came unstuck. then the failed plunges started again. thanks KnockerPTSD . i’ll be trying again soon, with better materials.

#6661 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

Ours was doing the same thing. The ball was exiting the wireform and hitting the ball guide. We slid it back a little bit and tightened the screw down and it's much better. Occasional weird hop out of there but mostly just feed the flipper.

Quoted from EaglePin:

Yep just a slight adjustment should take care of it.

Yep. Thanks, guys. I slid it too far back towards the left orbit and it was bouncing off the ball guide. Moved the wireform closer to the disc, tightened it down and the feed is clean. Now to figure out the occasional rattle on the Black Panther shot

#6662 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Trying to beat the clock and keep the Super Gauntlet loops going!

If you are like me and have ever played a lot of Doctor Who, you can’t help but shout “million!!” after every gauntlet ramp in super gauntlet!

#6663 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Pablo at Stern Tech Support sent me a new Walk-lock subway assembly to fix up the issue when two balls are in the portal lock and the rightmost finger is not in the correct position so the ball is not closing switch 47.
The first 4 photos are the new assembly. The photo with the new one on top and the old one on the bottom shows how much slack there is in the old one that the rightmost finger can get jammed between the rod the moves the fingers and the side of the assembly.
The next photo shows a close up of the old assembly with the finger jammed as described above. You can see the semi-circle of the finger in the rightmost semi circle opening.
1. The welds are much cleaner on the new one and are mostly flush with the assembly.
2. There is no play on the new assembly to force the rightmost finger to get jammed as it does on the old assembly.
Thanks to Pablo for sending. I will send back the old one and hopefully the new one will work with no issues. It was super easy to replace.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm having the exact same problem, there is so much slop in the mech my individual fingers are getting jammed beside the actuator bar.

I was going to reach out to my distributor today about it, but in the meantime I printed a bracket that is held in place by the coil that seems to be doing the trick.

20210422_195729 (resized).jpg
#6664 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I'm having the exact same problem, there is so much slop in the mech my individual fingers are getting jammed beside the actuator bar.
I was going to reach out to my distributor today about it, but in the meantime I printed a bracket that is held in place by the coil that seems to be doing the trick. [quoted image]

That is a really nice solution. A few pages back I noted that there had to be a way to firm up that rod. But I don’t have a 3d printer nor the time to learn. Although it is great to see what everyone is doing with 3D printers.

If you get a new assembly they’ll provide a return label to return the original. Installation was easy. Just remove 3 11/32nd nuts and replace snd ensure fingers lined up in correct notches.

#6665 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I was going to reach out to my distributor today about it, but in the meantime I printed a bracket that is held in place by the coil that seems to be doing the trick. [quoted image]

That actually looks like a way better solution, it prevents the coil from pulling the bar to the side, so it probably also won't break that easily on the weld.
It could also help to make the fingers a bit thicker material I guess, maybe time to buy a 3d printer....

#6666 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

That actually looks like a way better solution, it prevents the coil from pulling the bar to the side, so it probably also won't break that easily on the weld.
It could also help to make the fingers a bit thicker material I guess, maybe time to buy a 3d printer....

I actually have a new version on the printer right now that is a little bit thicker as i check out my clearances. Though the one in the picture is plenty strong enough especially with the right infill. There's not a ton of lateral force in the mech but the torsion the coil puts on it continuously tries to pull it out to the right.

#6667 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I actually have a new version on the printer right now that is a little bit thicker as i check out my clearances. Though the one in the picture is plenty strong enough especially with the right infill. There's not a ton of lateral force in the mech but the torsion the coil puts on it continuously tries to pull it out to the right.

Awesome job!!

#6668 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So, I’ve had 2 balls in the lock, and the game doesn’t know it because the first one to come out is not where it should be. I’ve had to shake the game enough to get it to roll where it needed to be. Is this the problem you were having that the new mech solves? I wasn’t sure if it was just something that is going to happen every so often, and that’s just pinball.

I have to look at my portal lock as well. There are times when I turn on the machine, start a game, and the disc just spins without the game knowing it. I have to re power the game to fix it.

#6669 1 year ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

If you are like me and have ever played a lot of Doctor Who, you can’t help but shout “million!!” after every gauntlet ramp in super gauntlet!

Unfortunately I've only played Doctor Who a few times at shows...

#6670 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

So, I’ve had 2 balls in the lock, and the game doesn’t know it because the first one to come out is not where it should be. I’ve had to shake the game enough to get it to roll where it needed to be. Is this the problem you were having that the new mech solves? I wasn’t sure if it was just something that is going to happen every so often, and that’s just pinball.
I have to look at my portal lock as well. There are times when I turn on the machine, start a game, and the disc just spins without the game knowing it. I have to re power the game to fix it.

That sounds more like the ball resting before rolling into the Ant Man VUK. The new plastic portion of the subway should fix that, you wouldn't need a new mech if that is the case. The new subway has a longer slot that leads to the VUK. I'm still using the original subway and maybe once every 50 games or so I will get a ball to not roll into the VUK and a small shake will get it in there.

#6671 1 year ago
Quoted from awesome1:

That sounds more like the ball resting before rolling into the Ant Man VUK. The new plastic portion of the subway should fix that, you wouldn't need a new mech if that is the case. The new subway has a longer slot that leads to the VUK. I'm still using the original subway and maybe once every 50 games or so I will get a ball to not roll into the VUK and a small shake will get it in there.

Do you have the new plastic you speak of?

#6672 1 year ago

I figured this might help someone else who is having the issue with the subway fingers getting lodged beside the actuator arm. Here is a link to the STL file for my little bracket thing. It seems to have gotten the job done on mine until I hear back.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DJDSD1__Y-dN_OwMMAi0Iu9pYIhtpVEu/view?usp=sharing

pasted_image (resized).png
#6673 1 year ago
Quoted from spandol:

Quoted from spandol:

Do you have the new plastic you speak of?

No, I still have the original style subway. I haven't really had issues with my subway other than the rare ball sitting in front of the VUK like I mentioned.

Here's a post showing the new subway plastic with the longer slot. Some have cut the slot in the original subway longer themselves...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/70#post-6000277

#6674 1 year ago

I have a question, did I read that there is an option when starting the game you can go direct to the wizard mode? If so that appeals to me and the young grandkids that can have that kind of success from the get go. Thinking of buying after playing this week at PHOF.

I saw Bowin's you tube 49 minutes, and the complexity is overwhelming, and I wonder if I can get even one stone. Thanks.

#6675 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

I have a question, did I read that there is an option when starting the game you can go direct to the wizard mode? If so that appeals to me and the young grandkids that can have that kind of success from the get go. Thinking of buying after playing this week at PHOF.
I saw Bowin's you tube 49 minutes, and the complexity is overwhelming, and I wonder if I can get even one stone. Thanks.

Hold both flipper buttons in during attract mode and scroll through to the wizard mode.

#6676 1 year ago
Quoted from indybru:

Quoted from Lermods:

Hold both flipper buttons in during attract mode and scroll through to the wizard mode.

Yes as mentioned above, scroll to the "Battle Royale Challenge".

There are some difference between the Challenge mini-game and the in-game "wizard mode", but they are subtle.

There are actually additional "Wizard modes" beyond the Battle Royale in the normal gameplay.

Avengers Infinity Quest is an outstanding game and I highly recommend it! The Battle Royale Challenge mini game is just another fun way to enjoy the game. There's also a "DJ mixer" mode also accessible by holding in both flippers in attract mode.

#6677 1 year ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

do you have a part number of the updated version? Then I can ask my distributor...

#6678 1 year ago

Awesome, thanks for the info. Might be replacing my SW pro with Avenger's. I don't think my wife likes the idea of another game without selling one first.

#6679 1 year ago
Quoted from xyntec:

do you have a part number of the updated version? Then I can ask my distributor...

EF8B19DE-FA77-4CCF-82B1-BB37468D379C (resized).jpeg

I’m not sure if the part number changed. Here’s the sales order.

#6680 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

I figured this might help someone else who is having the issue with the subway fingers getting lodged beside the actuator arm. Here is a link to the STL file for my little bracket thing. It seems to have gotten the job done on mine until I hear back.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DJDSD1__Y-dN_OwMMAi0Iu9pYIhtpVEu/view?usp=sharing
[quoted image]

Outstanding! Interesting idea, this will probably be what I needed to get a 3D printer! Wondering if the coil heat dissipation will be an issue though?

I received a replacement subway this week from Stern, but my machine parts are at the powder coat shop so it will be awhile before I can test it. I don’t see anything different in the subway mech in any way, I doubt they will hold up over time without a real design change. This may just be the ticket!

#6681 1 year ago

Is there a setting to have the subway empty itself upon the game ending?

Thanks

#6682 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Is there a setting to have the subway empty itself upon the game ending?
Thanks

Mine empties any subway balls when the game ends. Not sure there is a setting...

#6683 1 year ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Mine empties any subway balls when the game ends. Not sure there is a setting...

Weird, mine didn't and when the wife was done playing she shut the machine as usual after all ending music and credits finished. Upon me booting it up later on when it was ready I hit start and it didn't feed the ball into the shooter lane but rather up-kicked the two balls in the subway so when I let the first one drain it acted as if ball one was finished.

I see a setting called "Subway clear frequency" currently set to off, other options settings are 2 thru 15. Not exactly sure what that is all about but I don't believe it's a clear on game over setting lol.

#6684 1 year ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Weird, mine didn't and when the wife was done playing she shut the machine as usual after all ending music and credits finished. Upon me booting it up later on when it was ready I hit start and it didn't feed the ball into the shooter lane but rather up-kicked the two balls in the subway so when I let the first one drain it acted as if ball one was finished.
I see a setting called "Subway clear frequency" currently set to off, other options settings are 2 thru 15. Not exactly sure what that is all about but I don't believe it's a clear on game over setting lol.

On my Premium - if you lock any balls in the subway and start a new game after ball 1, but not letting the game finish, it will keep the balls in the subway and send them out one at a time when another ball is locked as needed. I've never had the game launch a new ball in play from the subway to start a game or after a drain.

At the end of a game all balls are kicked out of the subway.

#6685 1 year ago

Just circling back to a mod I did and posted about earlier in this thread. It was installing a spot light over the disc after you have installed the Mezel Sanctorum Building. Since the Sanctorum Building mod means you lose the spot light that lights up the disc, I found it became really dark and dull. I wired the spot to the same light that originally lit up the disc before the Sanctorum mod.

Anyway, I was originally using the post that sat directly in front of the ramp to mount the spot on. But I found it was prone to breaking the spot light post since they are made of cheap metal. It would also come loose eventually because that post cops a beating.

The solution was to swap the lowest of the small spike posts in the lower pop area, just to the left of the ramp, with a metal post up the back behind the pops, and put the light post in that.

The new location is actually much better as it’s a little bit further back and the spot light is not so obstructive.

Also re- designed the whole light post using a long screw instead of the standard spot light hex raiser stands and it’s now much stronger and looks better. The light throw from that location is also better.

Highly recommend doing this if you’ve installed the Sanctorum Building.

1004D84A-1FC1-45A6-99C1-6FFA2E1FC992 (resized).jpeg7E6D1760-51CC-49D6-BE91-6CBA25398D59 (resized).jpeg7DC64F87-B38C-489D-AC57-485398987E37 (resized).jpegC2CEABAE-1371-400A-BC00-63FE60AF3C66 (resized).jpegCCE4F3D7-3335-4A44-BE1E-BD72BB1287E1 (resized).jpeg

#6686 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

[quoted image]

Excellent design! I’ll print one tomorrow to try it out! Ty.

#6687 1 year ago

Hopefully joining the club Monday, where I am expecting delivery of a NIB Premium. Can't wait to play it.

Is there a summary somewhere on things I need to be aware of or take care of? Or does anyone have any tips? I ordered it with a playfield protector, shooter lane protector, Convolux plastic protectors and invisiglass. All of it is installed by the distributor before delivery.

#6688 1 year ago
Quoted from Phantasize:

Hopefully joining the club Monday, where I am expecting delivery of a NIB Premium. Can't wait to play it.
Is there a summary somewhere on things I need to be aware of or take care of? Or does anyone have any tips? I ordered it with a playfield protector, shooter lane protector, Convolux plastic protectors and invisiglass. All of it is installed by the distributor before delivery.

I’m not aware of a summary, but first things I’d check are the Thor and ant man ball guides to see if they are digging into the playfield. If they are, you need to raise them up with a washer underneath.

Also check to see if you have the updated subway parts. The new parts will have a groove cut out of the subway plastic going into the ant man scoop.

#6689 1 year ago

Here is a Pic of the two different subway plastics. The more recent one has the slot all the way to the end.

20201222_115055 (resized).jpg
#6690 1 year ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Excellent design! I’ll print one tomorrow to try it out! Ty.

Cool. If anyone doesn't have a printer and needs one of these, please post and maybe one of us with printers can get you taken care of. I'm able to play my game again without any issue. Got about 25 games on it with the fix in place and the subway is working like a champ. It was jamming every game before.

#6691 1 year ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Cool. If anyone doesn't have a printer and needs one of these, please post and maybe one of us with printers can get you taken care of. I'm able to play my game again without any issue. Got about 25 games on it with the fix in place and the subway is working like a champ. It was jamming every game before.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your print settings at especially the fill or density?

#6692 1 year ago

2 top solid layers, 2 bottom solid layers, 2 outer shell perimeters, 30% infill.

I printed it flat on the bed like this with support, and then just ran a metal file on the underside of the "fingers" to make sure there were no rough spots that the support left.

pasted_image (resized).png
#6693 1 year ago

Newer owner here. Now that I am starting to gain a feel for the shot layout, I am curious if there is a basic strategy I can begin using regarding the order of gem quests and the desired avenger to place collected gems with. I understand that there are likely numerous strategies, but hoping to understand just one initially so I have a basic objective to build off of. Any advise is very much appreciated.

Also, is there a chart somewhere describing the various gems, their powers once collected, and how each avenger is impacted by holding it? I know I am missing out on a lot of fun by not understanding the basic rule set. Thanks!

#6694 1 year ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Also, is there a chart somewhere describing the various gems, their powers once collected, and how each avenger is impacted by holding it? I know I am missing out on a lot of fun by not understanding the basic rule set.

Have you seen this to see the effects of the gems?

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AIQ-Rule-Sheet.pdf

#6695 1 year ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Newer owner here. Now that I am starting to gain a feel for the shot layout, I am curious if there is a basic strategy I can begin using regarding the order of gem quests and the desired avenger to place collected gems with. I understand that there are likely numerous strategies, but hoping to understand just one initially so I have a basic objective to build off of. Any advise is very much appreciated.
Also, is there a chart somewhere describing the various gems, their powers once collected, and how each avenger is impacted by holding it? I know I am missing out on a lot of fun by not understanding the basic rule set. Thanks!

Go here and download the rule sheet. It’s very helpful. https://sternpinball.com/game/avengers-infinity-quest/

Here, Raymond Davidson, goes over the basics of the game. Very helpful if you’re a beginner.

#6697 1 year ago

Hey guys, I received my pin and love it, however it seems that the optos for the right ramp and center ramp were plugged in backwards and the center ramp registers the right ramp and right ramp registers the center ramp. Anyone know a simple fix for this so that I do not need to hack into the wire harness? I was hoping I could just swap plugs on the node board. The opto plugs will not reach so I cannot just swap them at the plug point.

#6698 1 year ago

Thanks! I had not seen this previously. Very helpful

#6699 1 year ago
Quoted from Xninja:

Hey guys, I received my pin and love it, however it seems that the optos for the right ramp and center ramp were plugged in backwards and the center ramp registers the right ramp and right ramp registers the center ramp. Anyone know a simple fix for this so that I do not need to hack into the wire harness? I was hoping I could just swap plugs on the node board. The opto plugs will not reach so I cannot just swap them at the plug point.

They are easy to swap at the rear of the playfield.

Pull the playfield all the way forward or lift it straight up to access the connectors at the rear.

IMG_0106 (resized).JPG
#6700 1 year ago
Quoted from Xninja:

I had the same issue, just unplugged them and reconnected properly. They are all next to each other.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 8,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 65.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
There are 10,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 213.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!