IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 253.
#6601 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:Are your opto connectors connected in the proper sequence? Sounds like game thinks ball has progressed through the subway.

I just checked and they are connected right. I reseated them all too and no fix. I did notice after I have the glass off that the portal closes and moves into the gem quest selection after you hit a switch, not when you shoot the ball in the portal. It was working fine a couple days ago, but something happened. I haven’t had the glass of in a couple weeks so it seems all connections are right.

#6602 2 years ago

New SDTM

Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)

What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

#6603 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Mechanically dialing in my new (to me) premium today. Hoping to validate some assumptions here before tinkering:
Issue 1: Low Percentage Auto Launch. Slow motion video shows a lot of back and forth rattling in shooter lane immediately at launch. Photo shows ball is not touching one side of auto launcher and fully resting on other side. Do I just bend forks of auto launcher with pliers to get even contact?
Issue 2: Uneven Sling Ring. Front of ring height is almost perfectly even with playfield but back of ring is probably 1/4” raised. Also, front of ring is basically touching playfield with zero gap, but back has a big gap. Based on what I’m reading here, besides performing the leveling PDF procedure, I should also shim the front of the ring assembly under playfield with 1-2 washers to correct the gap/level...accurate?
Issue 3: Hungry outlanes...I love ‘em because it forces me to play better. Problem is my wife hates them. I don’t want her loosing interest in game. What rubbers can I order to shrink the size of those outlanes?
Thanks in advance!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Successful day. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Here is how I made the corrections:

Issue 1: Low Percentage Auto Plunge - turned out that the mylar lane protector the game’s previous owner installed was causing all launched balls to hop around and lose momentum. Removing the Mylar fixed this and auto launch is now 90% successful. Will try different lane protectors in future.

Issue 2: Uneven Strange disk. I removed the assembly under the playfield and added small lock washers to 2 of the 3 bolts. This combined with page 2 of the leveling PDF seems to have fully corrected this issue.

Issue 3: Hungry outlanes - I discovered the previous forum advice about “Siamese posts” that look exactly like what I need to help out my wife and kids enjoy the game more. In the meantime I have added a couple rubber bands. Feels like bumper bowling LOL. I actually wish games could know that player 2 is a kid/novice and have up-posts block the outlanes for them.

Also installed a shaker motor. Game plays beautifully now. Excited to start learning the rules!

62CB8B24-7B58-416B-828E-64D8C64D7B57 (resized).jpeg62CB8B24-7B58-416B-828E-64D8C64D7B57 (resized).jpegF77E7680-CFF7-4505-A8A2-0638A7BAE005 (resized).jpegF77E7680-CFF7-4505-A8A2-0638A7BAE005 (resized).jpeg
#6604 2 years ago

Just put the game on 5 balls, no need to physically change the game.

#6605 2 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

New SDTM
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)
What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

Awesome! Must admit to feeling somewhat ambivalent in the initial few days with this machine - but after a few weeks of picking up more of the rules and hitting some of the shots with a little more consistency it's now firmly set as one of my all time favourites, and I am in love with it!

It is so close to a perfect machine - crazy ramps/wireforms, smooth shots, an absolutely banging rule set, it looks absolutely stunning - the sounds/animations are the one thing a little lacking, but are improving with the code. For me it's an absolute smash by Elwin/Yeti again, they can do no wrong at the moment.

I'm keen to see your take on it.

#6606 2 years ago

You can also set the target game time to whatever you want and the game ensures that the players game lasts for that long by making the ball save longer on future balls to compensate.

#6607 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I did give this a try initially, but my wife is more of a novice player who is trying to learn the rules and the shots. She was barely able to get into gem quests before or stay in them very long without draining down the outlanes. The rubber bands are a temporary solution to this so she can play longer and get comfortable with the rules and shot layout.

If I were the only one playing the machine, those outlane posts would be moved to their largest opening

#6608 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can also set the target game time to whatever you want and the game ensures that the players game lasts for that long by making the ball save longer on future balls to compensate.

I had no idea previously about this. Thanks for the info! Will certainly check this out.

#6609 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

The rubberbands are probably a better solution for his wife (or anyone else struggling). You can put it on 5 ball sure, however, you're still unlikely to ever win a gem, since you lose it as soon as the ball drains. Of course you can always just "play better", but if it was that simple, wouldn't everyone just "play better"?

#6610 2 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

The rubberbands are probably a better solution for his wife (or anyone else struggling).

The best solution is setting up the target game adjustment. It is player by player so everyone’s game is different and the game adjusts on the fly. If the target game time is 10 mins and you have a ten minute ball one, your crutch is gone ball two. If your kid has a 30 second ball one, their ball two ball save will be on for a really long time.

#6611 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The best solution is setting up the target game adjustment. It is player by player so everyone’s game is different and the game adjusts on the fly. If the target game time is 10 mins and you have a ten minute ball one, your crutch is gone ball two. If your kid has a 30 second ball one, their ball two ball save will be on for a really long time.

Ok that is GREAT. Exactly the feature that will "even the playing field" in our home. I will certainly look into setting this up this evening.

#6612 2 years ago

Still no Adam Warlock in the game...?

#6613 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Still no Adam Warlock in the game...?

I believe he is the super secret skill shot or the secret skill shot. One of them is Vision and the other is Warlock but I may be talkin out my butt.

#6615 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

TheLaw have you found him then?

No, just sick of hearing aboot him

#6616 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Successful day. Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Here is how I made the corrections:
Issue 1: Low Percentage Auto Plunge - turned out that the mylar lane protector the game’s previous owner installed was causing all launched balls to hop around and lose momentum. Removing the Mylar fixed this and auto launch is now 90% successful. Will try different lane protectors in future.
Issue 2: Uneven Strange disk. I removed the assembly under the playfield and added small lock washers to 2 of the 3 bolts. This combined with page 2 of the leveling PDF seems to have fully corrected this issue.
Issue 3: Hungry outlanes - I discovered the previous forum advice about “Siamese posts” that look exactly like what I need to help out my wife and kids enjoy the game more. In the meantime I have added a couple rubber bands. Feels like bumper bowling LOL. I actually wish games could know that player 2 is a kid/novice and have up-posts block the outlanes for them.
Also installed a shaker motor. Game plays beautifully now. Excited to start learning the rules! [quoted image][quoted image]

How much tension is being placed on those posts by the two rubber bands?

#6617 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

How much tension is being placed on those posts by the two rubber bands?

Probably less than being smashed repeatedly by a pinball

#6618 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well then...

58EBDAB1-0E19-4F14-B6A3-A3448B1AB4E3 (resized).jpeg58EBDAB1-0E19-4F14-B6A3-A3448B1AB4E3 (resized).jpeg
#6619 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I've never even heard of him other than in posts in this thread!

#6620 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

You will be hearing and seeing a lot more of him once GOTG3 drops, he could even show up or be mentioned in Thor Love & Thunder.

#6621 2 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Hes kind of the Dr. Strange role of the original comic story

20210420_071615 (resized).jpg20210420_071615 (resized).jpg
#6622 2 years ago

Love the game. Here are a couple minor suggestions.

Usually when the "Collect Gem" insert is lit. Hitting the gauntlet ramp will raise the post and pause the ball there. So I'm used to that behavior. In the topper mode. Hitting that last hurry up shot at the gauntlet does not raise the post. But since the insert is lit it fakes me out. Minor stuff to be sure, but I thought I'd mention it.

It would also be nice to have the current playfield multiplier displayed on the screen. When you stack a multiball with a gem quest multiball it's not always clear what the current multiplier is. Also just a minor "quality of life" type thing.

#6623 2 years ago

More about Adam Warlock then you probably care to know but will give you an idea of his relationship(s) to Thanos and the other Marvel characters:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/adam-warlock/4005-6805/

#6624 2 years ago

I read someone else suggest this here already, but I would love to see Soul Gem and Black Order randomized. Since I get to the Soul Gem mode on most games and Black Order rarely, it would be a nice change. Soul Gem loses its cool factor after playing it every game. This would be an easy fix that, too me, would keep the Soul Gem mode fresh (for us mortals).

#6625 2 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

It would also be nice to have the current playfield multiplier displayed on the screen. When you stack a multiball with a gem quest multiball it's not always clear what the current multiplier is. Also just a minor "quality of life" type thing.

I like this idea, but do you necessarily need to know this? How would you play a specific Gem Quest differently if it's 1X vs 2X vs 3X? For me, I know I might pick a different Gem Quest depending on the number (or lack) of portal locks I have when I start it. Again, I like the idea and see no downside to having the information, just curious about the application of the information.

#6626 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

just curious about the application of the information

It's just nice to know where you're at with regard to the multiplier. Sometimes I start a gem quest as a multiball but drain down a ball or two just as I'm bringing in Thor or IM multiball. So I'm not entirely sure what the multiplier is at. It can come into play if your going for a high score on a specific mode. Or, even playing competitively. 3X multiplier during Thor may change how much focus I put on it. Especially if I have a gem victory laps running. I sometimes prioritize overall progress in a game over finishing modes. Priorities can change during a game depending on how it unfolds. It's not a big thing though, just a nice to have. I'd like to see tilt warnings on the screen too. On a long ball I loose track. But that's kinda part of pinball in general and another topic altogether.

#6627 2 years ago

3X multiplier during Thor may change how much focus I put on it.

So like if you had 3X running, you'd play for Gem Quest points because of the multiplier rather than shooting for Thor Jackpots where as if you only have 1X going then maybe Thor Jackpots are more valuable?

Im not sure how the Premium handles Portal Locks, but on the Pro, the (virtual) Portal Lock lights could be illuminated to show how many "Portal Lock" balls are still in play.

#6628 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

So like if you had 3X running, you'd play for Gem Quest points because of the multiplier rather than shooting for Thor Jackpots where as if you only have 1X going then maybe Thor Jackpots are more valuable?
Im not sure how the Premium handles Portal Locks, but on the Pro, the (virtual) Portal Lock lights could be illuminated to show how many "Portal Lock" balls are still in play.

Most pinball machines do show what the current multiplier is at. For example, Deadpool has inserts at the bottom of the playfield for easily seeing what your playfield multiplier is at.

I agree - I sometimes wonder what my multiplier is at after bringing in a multiball and losing a ball or two. Not sure if it would change my strategy at all, but would be nice information to have.

#6629 2 years ago

Showing the multiplier would also help make it a bit clearer whether you're still in a gem quest or if you've finished it.

#6630 2 years ago

Question on the pop bumpers: At times when the ball goes into the pops they start making a different sound effect and the screen shows a short countdown timer for them powering up. I'm not sure what activates this though. I've looked again through the Tiltforums rule sheet and did keyword searches in this thread but I'm not seeing any mention of it. Anyone know what that is and how it works?

#6631 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Question on the pop bumpers: At times when the ball goes into the pops they start making a different sound effect and the screen shows a short countdown timer for them powering up. I'm not sure what activates this though. I've looked again through the Tiltforums rule sheet and did keyword searches in this thread but I'm not seeing any mention of it. Anyone know what that is and how it works?

From the tiltforums rulesheet, see: Shield Bonus http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740/1#heading--shieldbonus

Does that sound like what you are referring to? 15 seconds to collect?

#6632 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think the 3x would apply to Thor and the gem mode. At 3x it would make me more likely to take risks to rack up points and stay in multiball for as long as possible. If I'm at 1x I may just play for winning the gem and play it safe. Using Thor to help me win the gem and then move on. Not worrying about points or completing Thor as much.

#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Does it happen during the space gem quest? After an attack the pops boost quest scoring for a short time (nice touch since the attack lands the ball in the pops). They make a different sound when this is happening.

#6634 2 years ago

I think the 3x would apply to Thor and the gem mode. At 3x it would make me more likely to take risks to rack up points and stay in multiball for as long as possible. If I'm at 1x I may just play for winning the gem and play it safe. Using Thor to help me win the gem and then move on. Not worrying about points or completing Thor as much.

I’m almost positive the portal lock multiplyers only apply to the gem quest points.

I find if I’m in a gem quest, that almost always takes precedence over Thor or IM shots until I finish the quest, then I have victory laps going as well. I like the idea of a display showing the current quest multiplyer.

Btw, I’m really digging the new Sanctum background instead of the trophy room, and the red outline on uncollected avengers.

#6635 2 years ago

For sure only gem shot points

#6636 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I’m almost positive the portal lock multiplyers only apply to the gem quest points.
I find if I’m in a gem quest, that almost always takes precedence over Thor or IM shots until I finish the quest, then I have victory laps going as well. I like the idea of a display showing the current quest multiplyer.
Btw, I’m really digging the new Sanctum background instead of the trophy room, and the red outline on uncollected avengers.

I was wondering this too about the multiplier... that would make sense if only the quest points are multiplied by how many locked balls are in play and also would be a reason there is no playfield multiplier shown since it's not the entire "playfield" being multiplied.

How are shots that count against both a quest and Thor or Iron Man multiball scored? I'm assuming they are kept separate, for example a Black Widow shot with 2 locked balls in play would score 3x for Mind Gem and also 1x towards Thor?

#6637 2 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

From the tiltforums rulesheet, see: Shield Bonus http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740/1#heading--shieldbonus
Does that sound like what you are referring to? 15 seconds to collect?

No I’m pretty sure it’s separate from shield bonus. The screen says power up pops with about a 5 second countdown and the value showing for the pops is 3 or 4 million and increases with each hit.

#6638 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Does it happen during the space gem quest? After an attack the pops boost quest scoring for a short time (nice touch since the attack lands the ball in the pops). They make a different sound when this is happening.

I’ll have to look to see if that’s it.

edit: Yep it looks like that's what it is. Here's what it says in Space Gem on Tiltforums: After each attack, the pop bumpers will also score some bonus points (50k per bumper, multiplied by the attack combo multiplier, for 5 seconds).

Thanks!

#6639 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

No I’m pretty sure it’s separate from shield bonus. The screen says power up pops with about a 5 second countdown and the value showing for the pops is 3 or 4 million and increases with each hit.

#6640 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I’ll have to look to see if that’s it.
edit: Yep it looks like that's what it is. Here's what it says in Space Gem on Tiltforums: After each attack, the pop bumpers will also score some bonus points (50k per bumper, multiplied by the attack combo multiplier, for 5 seconds).
Thanks!

That is one of my favorite sound effects! Not one I would want used all the time, but for just those moments, it's awesome!

#6641 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

For sure only gem shot points

Yeah, that makes more sense now that I think about it.

#6642 2 years ago

Hey everyone, just joined the club. Setup last night and only got a few games in. Dr. Strange spinning disc seems really tight and difficult to spin. Is this normal for NIB and will this break in a bit over time or is there something I'm missing? Looking forward to getting some titan rubbers on this shortly and getting some quality time with it over the weekend.

#6643 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Hey everyone, just joined the club. Setup last night and only got a few games in. Dr. Strange spinning disc seems really tight and difficult to spin. Is this normal for NIB and will this break in a bit over time or is there something I'm missing? Looking forward to getting some titan rubbers on this shortly and getting some quality time with it over the weekend.

Your disc should spin freely. If you have a premium, lift the playfield and look at the shaft of the disc from below. You might find a small metal collar is loose on the shaft. If so, that’s your problem.

#6644 2 years ago
Quoted from JPloof:

Here's a pdf for adjusting the disk... click the image, it's a 3 page document.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/131#post-6228053

#6645 2 years ago

Just joined the club with my Premium, what an awesome game. I just have two small issues with it:

First is one of the head decals came slightly damaged as if it wasn't complete cut through when they peeled it to apply it so no biggie new one coming from dealer and there was zero damage to the box or head so it had to be during application.

Second is more my house issue rather then game, AIQ doesn't fit in my basement floor to ceiling height like my W/B games do and they just get under the ceiling radar. W/B uses 28.5" legs as where Stern uses 30.5" so just ordered a set of wrinkle black W/B legs to toss on it when they arrive so I can set it up.

However did get to play a game or two on my table lift with my son, we really enjoy it. One can only imagine more so once it's properly setup.

#6646 2 years ago

I just wanted to chime in and say how much we love this game. It gets so many plays every day. The shot geometry, flow, and rules are superb.

I know each new pinball machine brought home has a honeymoon period... I just don't see us growing tired of this one.

I think I've put only 20 games total on rick and morty since we started our Stern pinball buying spree in February.

It is also nice to see the little improvements in features and construction of the cabinet. I hope they keep these changes moving forward.

#6647 2 years ago

I was wondering if anyone was planning to make an audio package mod in replacement of the original one ( like for JP)
I admit to be disappointed of the original audio, to much serious/warlike for my taste, still looking for humorous and teaser spirit of all caracters.

#6648 2 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Just joined the club with my Premium, what an awesome game. I just have two small issues with it:
First is one of the head decals came slightly damaged as if it wasn't complete cut through when they peeled it to apply it so no biggie new one coming from dealer and there was zero damage to the box or head so it had to be during application.
Second is more my house issue rather then game, AIQ doesn't fit in my basement floor to ceiling height like my W/B games do and they just get under the ceiling radar. W/B uses 28.5" legs as where Stern uses 30.5" so just ordered a set of wrinkle black W/B legs to toss on it when they arrive so I can set it up.
However did get to play a game or two on my table lift with my son, we really enjoy it. One can only imagine more so once it's properly setup.

A little surprised there is that much height difference unless your B/W games are pre-DMD. My AIQ and Deadpool are basically the same height as my WPC Twilight Zone, but shorter than my Sega Independence Day. I have my Williams Space station on opposite side of the room so hard to check height without measuring. Don't forget to raise rear leg levelers to get you in the 6.5 ~ 7.0° range... ceiling permitting.

Oh... and no toppers for you!

#6649 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Oh... and no toppers for you!

LOL I know hence why I couldn't have cared less about the EHOH topper price and others for that matter.

Yep The legs are 2" in length difference 28.5 vs 30.5 and all 1991 to 1997 W/B machines, and believe me in my basement that two inches makes a world of difference. (That's what she said to)

So here I sit waiting on PBL order to arrive, at least they shipped it already.

#6650 2 years ago

I went out to check my AIQ on route and was pleasantly surprised to see it being played. It is a very casual location but I do have the regular pinheads play test at least once a week. Today I noticed the washer and nut feel off the wireform from the right ramp to the up post. I was able to find it and replace it but in my test games afterwards the feed for the Hawkeye shot was bouncing out past the disc and not directly to the upper flipper. Anybody else experience this issue? I have a feeling I need to adjust the nut and pull the wireform back farther to prevent it from hitting the lane. Picture provided as a reference for where this is occurring. This was before I replaced the nut.

received_549797859321020 (resized).jpegreceived_549797859321020 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs
Toppers
$ 16.00
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/133?hl=jacksparrow0112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.