IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 253.
#6451 2 years ago

Joining the club this weekend! Just scored a premium AIQ. Absolutely cannot wait to learn the rules. Played an LE on location recently and really loved the flow of this game.

What add-ons/mods are best for this title?

Thanks

#6452 2 years ago
Quoted from jacksparrow0112:

Joining the club this weekend! Just scored a premium AIQ. Absolutely cannot wait to learn the rules. Played an LE on location recently and really loved the flow of this game.
Thanks

I would have never thought to buy one but the Cointaker backglass lighting kit is awesome. It is dynamic and really makes the artwork come alive. I'm going to pick up a kit for Star Wars and Iron Maiden now.

I recently purchased an AIQ from them (at Pin Brew, such a great show) and it was pre-installed.

Same goes for their 48v flasher under cabinet lighting kit - would never think to buy one before this but when you get a multiball and the shaker is rocking, the balls are flying and the RGB LEDs under the cabinet are flashing in sync it is pretty cool.

#6453 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I can't wait until Pinball browser is updated and we can replace audio/video in this game. The terrible music/callouts and boring video are my only real complaints with this game. I love the ruleset and layout.

Agreed on the audio and callouts.

Out of all of the games in my collection, I just keep coming back to this game. Its easily the best Elwin game to date with the rules/code and layout.

#6454 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

I can't wait until Pinball browser is updated and we can replace audio/video in this game. The terrible music/callouts and boring video are my only real complaints with this game. I love the ruleset and layout.

Indeed - would LOVE custom video/audio code. I just joined the club yesterday with a lightly-used Premium. I added the custom JP2 code, and it was a huge improvement on that game!

#6455 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Layout would be great with a kickback (in replacement of the useless subway). Outlanes are just bitc...

#6456 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

The new version of PB was just released, haven't tried it yet but I think it is supposed to work.

#6457 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

It is updated yesterday to support it.

#6458 2 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

It is updated yesterday to support it.

Quoted from oga83:

So, here is Pinball Browser v7.80 !
It should work with all existing Spike firmwares

#6459 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Agreed on the audio and callouts.
Out of all of the games in my collection, I just keep coming back to this game. Its easily the best Elwin game to date with the rules/code and layout.

Audio and callouts definitely have room for improvement but for the most part it doesn't impact game play enjoyment for me... except I think for one area that I'd still like to see improved. When I'm in IM or Thor multiball and finish a gem quest it's still sometimes hard for me to tell when the gem quest has been completed. I'd still like to see something that does a better job of letting me know during IM or Thor multiball that the gem quest is done. The shots, layout, rules, & gem strategy are so great though!

#6460 2 years ago

Thanks

There's a few add ons I like to do to most titles - anti glare glass, shaker, speaker upgrades, external subwoofer.

If you are going to play AIQ an hour or longer, I recommend Pinmonk's flipper coil fans for the lower flippers. Help's elimintae flipper fade on marathon playing sessions.

I have done other mods as well, but those are more personalizing the game.

#6461 2 years ago

Thanks

i had to pop the glass a few times early on because the ball came to rest above the top left pop bumper and wouldn’t jiggle out. this thing fixed it. https://mezelmods.com/products/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-anti-stuck-ball?_pos=1&_sid=21c8cf0ab&_ss=r

also if you like art blades i think the stern ones look really nice in this game

#6462 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Audio and callouts definitely have room for improvement but for the most part it doesn't impact game play enjoyment for me... except I think for one area that I'd still like to see improved. When I'm in IM or Thor multiball and finish a gem quest it's still sometimes hard for me to tell when the gem quest has been completed. I'd still like to see something that does a better job of letting me know during IM or Thor multiball that the gem quest is done. The shots, layout, rules, & gem strategy are so great though!

100% agree. I keep saying this over and over. Completing a gem quest is a big deal and there should be no doubt that you completed it (though either lighting, callouts, or a huge distinctive sound effect). My biggest complaint with the code right now.

#6463 2 years ago

So my launcher used to work 100% of the time. Then it was like 80%. Now it's like 5%, and getting worse. I took a slow motion video and see the ball bouncing off the left right away - but the launcher itself looks to wobble too which didn't appear right. I looked at the mech and am not sure how to fix that or really what to look for. Anyone have any advice (preferably with pictures...)?

#6464 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

So my launcher used to work 100% of the time. Then it was like 80%. Now it's like 5%, and getting worse. I took a slow motion video and see the ball bouncing off the left right away - but the launcher itself looks to wobble too which didn't appear right. I looked at the mech and am not sure how to fix that or really what to look for. Anyone have any advice (preferably with pictures...)?

Watching the video - looks like your Cliffy isn't installed correctly, and is forcing the ball to the left.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6465 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Check the alignment of you shooter lane protector on the right side, if it's too far out it will push the ball to the left as you see in the video.

#6466 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

I would have never thought to buy one but the Cointaker backglass lighting kit is awesome. It is dynamic and really makes the artwork come alive. I'm going to pick up a kit for Star Wars and Iron Maiden now.
I recently purchased an AIQ from them (at Pin Brew, such a great show) and it was pre-installed.
Same goes for their 48v flasher under cabinet lighting kit - would never think to buy one before this but when you get a multiball and the shaker is rocking, the balls are flying and the RGB LEDs under the cabinet are flashing in sync it is pretty cool.

You like the shaker on this game? I just put one in, and have already unplugged it. Found it to be a bit too much...

#6467 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

You like the shaker on this game? I just put one in, and have already unplugged it. Found it to be a bit too much...

I like the shaker implementation on AIQ. I'm using the Pinball Life Spike 2 version set to maximum.

The only time in my opinion it is close to "excessive" is the start of Soul Gem, but I can understand the emphasis they are putting on the moment.

#6468 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I like the shaker implementation on AIQ. I'm using the Pinball Life Spike 2 version set to maximum.
The only time in my opinion it is close to "excessive" is the start of Soul Gem, but I can understand the emphasis they are putting on the moment.

I got the same shaker - can you control volume/output? That might be what I need - just soften it up a bit...

#6469 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Watching the video - looks like your Cliffy isn't installed correctly, and is forcing the ball to the left.
[quoted image]

I'll try to take a look tomorrow -- but if it were the Cliffy, I'd assume a manual plunge wouldn't work, but it does.

Is that side-to-side action of the auto-plunger normal?

#6470 2 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

the callouts are really bad, lol the only good ones for me are Hulk and Thanos, everybody else sound terrible and yes the music isn't great.

#6471 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I'll try to take a look tomorrow -- but if it were the Cliffy, I'd assume a manual plunge wouldn't work, but it does.
Is that side-to-side action of the auto-plunger normal?

You bring up a good point. But it still looks like the right Cliffy is the culprit. Maybe a manual plunge just has more 'oomph' and plows thru it regardless or the launch angle is slightly different. The side-to-side is not normal.

You could always do a slow-mo of a manual plunge or take closeup of the Cliffy. Definitely looks like the right side is ether dented or pushed to far to the left (or both). Just take the right Cliffy out and try again.

#6472 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I got the same shaker - can you control volume/output? That might be what I need - just soften it up a bit...

There is a setting to adjust the shaker - not sure if this controls intensity or just how often it is used. I know you can adjust the weights to allow for a smoother operation, so I am assuming with a little google-fu or someone chiming in here you could figure this out.

I love mine.

#6473 2 years ago

Looked at marcos and couldn't find any keychain plastics (goody bags stay sealed on my games).

So decided to make a couple of my own.

IMG_20210412_222202 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222202 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222244 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222244 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222312 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222312 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222319 (resized).jpgIMG_20210412_222319 (resized).jpg
#6474 2 years ago

I was having auto plunger issues as well. Made a few adjustments but didn’t notice any appreciable differences. It was maybe 50% reliable at best. But... I added this shooter lane protector and it’s now working 95% reliable. It’s a fairly thick plastic, so it changes the angle at which the ball hits the metal guides at the top of the lane. Give it a try... worked great for me.

https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

#6475 2 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Quoted from P1nhead:

There is a setting to adjust the shaker - not sure if this controls intensity or just how often it is used. I know you can adjust the weights to allow for a smoother operation, so I am assuming with a little google-fu or someone chiming in here you could figure this out.
I love mine.

Yeah I think the setting is for how often the shaker is used and you need to adjust the weights to change intensity.

#6476 2 years ago
Quoted from ShooterMcD:

I was having auto plunger issues as well. Made a few adjustments but didn’t notice any appreciable differences. It was maybe 50% reliable at best. But... I added this shooter lane protector and it’s now working 95% reliable. It’s a fairly thick plastic, so it changes the angle at which the ball hits the metal guides at the top of the lane. Give it a try... worked great for me.
https://cointaker.com/products/pinball-shooter-lane-protector

I was actually going to suggest trying one of these too. I have a mix of Cliffy's and the plastic ones (that I really like) since it covers the entire wood. I've noticed the plastic ones didn't work well on my IMDN due to the shooter lane geometry.

#6477 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah I think the setting is for how often the shaker is used and you need to adjust the weights to change intensity.

Correct. Leave the setting in software to maximum and adjust the weights. I’ve found that moving the position of the weights so they are pointing in an orientation 90 degrees offset from each other works best for the stern shaker.

#6478 2 years ago

Temporarily in the club with a temporary trade of my Twilight Zone for my buddies Avengers LE. This is a really fun game. I still don't have all the rules down, and it is super deep. I'd like to play it more, but my oldest (9) is into comic books and pinball so... maybe I'll try it sometime. Looking forward to nerding out in the club a bit.

20210411_172222 (resized).jpg20210411_172222 (resized).jpg
#6479 2 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Temporarily in the club with a temporary trade of my Twilight Zone for my buddies Avengers LE. This is a really fun game. I still don't have all the rules down, and it is super deep. I'd like to play it more, but my oldest (9) is into comic books and pinball so... maybe I'll try it sometime. Looking forward to nerding out in the club a bit.
[quoted image]

AIQ and TZ are both great games! Enjoy!

Gameroom March 2021 (resized).jpgGameroom March 2021 (resized).jpg
#6480 2 years ago

I like this a lot,the lermods portal spinner with the pop bumper cap mods added to the spinner ,you could not see the caps but now they spin,I also had to rewire the spinner with much heavier gage wire but works great and looks even better.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6481 2 years ago

This post explains why the games goes into ball search when two balls are locked in the portal lock. (Basically the rightmost finger is too low as shown below so the ball rests past switch 47 and “lost”.)

Others may have posted similar photos. Here is what I found with my subway. I have reported this same information to Pablo at Stern Support.

I believe the solution would be a spacer strategically placed that would stop the bottom bar from moving from center and allowing the finger to slide between the bar and the body of the mech. I am just trying to figure out the best way to do it. But would prefer a real solution that can be shared from Stern. What if the white plastic rod that attaches to the coil plunger was extended another inch towards the Ant VUK? This may give the rightmost finger the stability it is lacking that would stop it from moving back towards the white plastic bar and allowing the finger to fall between the metal bar and the front of the mech.

I took the subway mech out and I see the issue. There is too much slack of space on the right most finger and the finger falls below the metal that it is supposed to be resting on.

I lifted it back up and it works nicely for a few times and then gets wedged in between the front of the mechanism and the metal bar that the finger should be resting on.

The first photo shows the rightmost finger all the way down. As shown in the next photo, you can see the reason, the finger gets wedged in between the front outside and the bar.

The second photo shows that there is too much space between the front of the mechanism and the bar that the finger is supposed to rest on. So the finger actually goes below the bar and is wedged between the front of the mech and the bar. You can see the semi circle of the finger in the hole below the yellow/orange/green wires.

The third photo shows I can lift up the finger so it is in a good position. But after a few manual pulls of the coil, the finger will get lodged between the front mechanism body and the bar that it should be resting on top of and look like photo 1.

In the fourth photo, you can see how much excess room there is between the mechanism and the bar where the finger gets lodged in the right most hole. If you look at the middle hole, there is much less clearance for the finger to get lodged.

IMG_9899 (resized).jpegIMG_9899 (resized).jpegIMG_9900 (resized).jpegIMG_9900 (resized).jpegIMG_9901 (resized).jpegIMG_9901 (resized).jpegIMG_9902 (resized).jpegIMG_9902 (resized).jpeg

#6482 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Current maybe? mine is from Feb and has the old mech.

I don't know why everybody mentions a new subway mech, there simply isn't one yet. I received a new one, and it was just the same with the same issues. I asked Pablo and he told me there is no updated version. The only thing changed is the tunnel, but that is for another issue (ball not rolling into the vuk)

#6483 2 years ago

I am getting invalid SPK trying to update to 1.01. Anyone else having these issues? I’ve never had the issue before.

#6484 2 years ago

Has anyone noticed that locking two balls in the subway results in a ball search and unnecessary multi-ball in the new code? It could be a switch issue but I've seen it on two machines now.

#6485 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Has anyone noticed that locking two balls in the subway results in a ball search and unnecessary multi-ball in the new code? It could be a switch issue but I've seen it on two machines now.

It’s the exact issue I documented a few posts back with the rightmost finger getting stuck between the bar and the mech side. See my photos above and similar description about 30 posts or so back.

Because the rightmost finger is too low, the ball rolls past switch 47 and is “lost” and causes this issue.

The solution needs to be for stern or someone to figure out a way to keep the finger centered and not slide down between the bar and mech side.

The second photo shows the finger slid between the metal bar and side of mech. The first photo is what it should look like.
79D4CEFF-EFBE-4D30-AA7E-D481C1E97330 (resized).jpeg79D4CEFF-EFBE-4D30-AA7E-D481C1E97330 (resized).jpeg7D8E4F86-323B-4198-8138-6855A61AA53B (resized).jpeg7D8E4F86-323B-4198-8138-6855A61AA53B (resized).jpeg

#6486 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Hasn't happened on mine and I've played a decent amount since the latest code dropped. My guess would be it isn't code related.

#6487 2 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

I am getting invalid SPK trying to update to 1.01. Anyone else having these issues? I’ve never had the issue before.

I would try a different thumb drive and/or re-download the file. I didn't have any issues, but I did once on previous update and different thumb drive (formatted) and file worked fine.

#6488 2 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

Quoted from EaglePin:

Hasn't happened on mine and I've played a decent amount since the latest code dropped. My guess would be it isn't code related.

Yeah, I agree, unlikely this is code related. I haven't had any subway issues on any code version, luckily.

#6489 2 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, I agree, unlikely this is code related. I haven't had any subway issues on any code version, luckily.

Cool, I figured it would be obvious if it were code related. I'll dig in later tonight and see if the "fingers" are stuck like mbelofsky suggested.

#6490 2 years ago

In other news, I slammed the Thor newton ball last night and it popped off its post and into play. I was completely confused at first and so was the game. I have no idea how this happened as it was such a pain in the ass to get back on.

#6491 2 years ago

oh good to know, I thought there was a new VUK mech... certainly not interested in the same one, lol...

#6492 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

oh good to know, I thought there was a new VUK mech... certainly not interested in the same one, lol...

There has to be a way to take up some of that slack to close the gap, or maybe add a burr as a bump stop so it doesn't go beyond a certain point.

#6493 2 years ago

anyone run into a bug where you're in the mode battling corvis and you can't die while not being able to do any dmg. so there's no way to exit the mode. first time running into it the other night.

#6494 2 years ago

Space gem mode I believe only does damage with the left orbit, all the others are setup shots for more points. I bet you were just making setup shots and no left orbit damage shots. BTW you can only "die" by losing the ball.

#6495 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Space gem mode I believe only does damage with the left orbit, all the others are setup shots for more points. I bet you were just making setup shots and no left orbit damage shots. BTW you can only "die" by losing the ball.

What is your health bar for then?

#6496 2 years ago

Finishing the mode quickly gives a health bonus based on how much of your bar is left. Basically it's a timer for extra completion points but the mode itself never times out, just bottoms out at 0 bonus.

#6497 2 years ago

The answer is probably no but does anyone know if there are any distributors with LE's in stock?

#6498 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The answer is probably no but does anyone know if there are any distributors with LE's in stock?

Not sure on LE but doubtful, Automated has Prems in stock.

#6499 2 years ago

Random question about strategy: If you get a super jackpot in Black Order MB and then at some point after that use the Soul Gem to keep BOMB going do you have to get another super JP to avoid losing the Soul Gem or does the first SJP you get mean you won’t lose it if you don’t get another SJP?

#6500 2 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Random question about strategy: If you get a super jackpot in Black Order MB and then at some point after that use the Soul Gem to keep BOMB going do you have to get another super JP to avoid losing the Soul Gem or does the first SJP you get mean you won’t lose it if you don’t get another SJP?

My understanding is yes, you can use the soul gem to extend BOM with no risk if you have already made a SJ. I’m not 100% sure though...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
7,400 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.