04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 255.
#551 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't understand all of these people posting pictures of the box.... if I ordered one, I might even forget to pull the camera out to snap a picture in my haste to move it and open it up!

Seriously! I keep looking for that first unboxed LE pic.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I don't understand all of these people posting pictures of the box.... if I ordered one, I might even forget to pull the camera out to snap a picture in my haste to move it and open it up!

Waiting for Moose and Rocco to help move it into the basement. But the anticipation is killing me!

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

66 has landed!
[quoted image]

Congratulations! SUPER EXCITING!

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

In on a Premium. Anyone working on any Mods yet? Im excited to see the improvements to the Gauntlet and Tower.

Also in on a prem and I asked this a while back and many reminded me none of the games have been delivered to customers yet aside from a few LE's yesterday and today! (WHOOHOO!!!) So we're VERY CLOSE TO PREM Run #1

I like the gauntlet just fine but the GEMS on it need to be changed out! I know they didnt want anyone to see the led boards behind a clear gem but they obviously would be colored a bit to hide the leds inside...

The tower 100% should be more accurate as far as the look and shape. I can paint it myself if need be but anything is better then the cheap-o flatstics (flat-plastics ) stern uses on all of their machines 5k-15k they never break the mold... or break out a mold to make some sculpts! Their games would look SO MUCH BETTER.

Quoted from RikV:

Don’t forget Sanctum. Definitely need a Sanctum and a Tower mod.

The sanctum mod would go great incorporated with a mod for the pop bumpers... they need to make them pop! A bit more than just the standard flat plastic... so sick of those!

#555 3 years ago

Mmmm fun fun fun fun

36D9A500-277B-49A0-9041-774D6D47B876 (resized).jpeg36D9A500-277B-49A0-9041-774D6D47B876 (resized).jpeg731060C2-8231-45AD-AB65-D4F0B0926DE7 (resized).jpeg731060C2-8231-45AD-AB65-D4F0B0926DE7 (resized).jpeg7EFA5D57-21D7-4731-AEA1-2D1929B58F62 (resized).jpeg7EFA5D57-21D7-4731-AEA1-2D1929B58F62 (resized).jpegD2800097-173D-4321-BD08-DDBB3808A495 (resized).jpegD2800097-173D-4321-BD08-DDBB3808A495 (resized).jpegD8B05102-C6BF-44E9-9D38-4FE8A908D0D6 (resized).jpegD8B05102-C6BF-44E9-9D38-4FE8A908D0D6 (resized).jpegFE757410-70CB-4C91-BC40-15FDD41DBE35 (resized).jpegFE757410-70CB-4C91-BC40-15FDD41DBE35 (resized).jpeg
#556 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Mmmm fun fun fun fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Robert! Just the guy to ask. How does that yellow look? Is it metallic flake? If so, how much metallic? Description please

#557 3 years ago

I played the pro today.

Damn. I might need to buy this game.

It's that good. Layout is fantastic. JP2 is my fav stern of all time and this feels diff but similar at the same time. Keith is a pinball design god.

#558 3 years ago

How does the Captain Marvel ramp shoot?

#559 3 years ago

How does it taste, lick the playfield? How does it smell? Describe both in detail please!
Mine is on a truck right now leaving Chicago and will probably not be here until next week but hoping for a miracle of it showing up this week.

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

How does it taste, lick the playfield? How does it smell? Describe both in detail please!
Mine is on a truck right now leaving Chicago and will probably not be here until next week but hoping for a miracle of it showing up this week.

Smells and tastes great, Metallic taste but good

Powdercoat has a gold flake and it looks pretty good, I get where some are like ew yellow but I think it’ll impress in person. A lot like yellow brick road from WOZ

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Mmmm fun fun fun fun
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So awesome! I can't wait now...

#562 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

They must rotate the LE running order for distributors. I've received games at the beginning of the LE run and at the end from the same distributor.

Talking to my distributor, they said they will put in an initial order for, say, 20 Premiums. Stern comes back and tells them they will ship 10 from the first batch and 10 from the second batch. Conjecture on my part, although I suspect different distributors get preference/bigger first batch allotments based on total table sales. I imagine LEs are handled the same way.

#563 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Right there with ya. Mine shipped with freight tracking but its on a trailer chillin for a bit. I got tracking for next Weds delivery.

#564 3 years ago

Is there different artwork for the premium? The flyer suggests that and I vaguely remember IMDN prem wasn’t shown right away.

#565 3 years ago

When someone gets theirs unboxed and set up, I'd love to see a well lit close up of the metal flake in the powder coat. Every photo I've ever seen makes the yellow look flat.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

When someone gets theirs unboxed and set up, I'd love to see a well lit close up of the metal flake in the powder coat. Every photo I've ever seen makes the yellow look flat.

Yep

#567 3 years ago

My local spot will have their Pro set up tomorrow, can't wait for my Premium so I'll be there dropping some tokens and getting a feel for it.

#568 3 years ago

My LE ships tomorrow!!! Get it Tuesday. Time to get the dolly out....very excited for this one!!!

#569 3 years ago

Fun game, but is anyone else having issues with stuck balls in the subway?

16015110567888882565846610187606 (resized).jpg16015110567888882565846610187606 (resized).jpg20200930_205206 (resized).jpg20200930_205206 (resized).jpg20200930_205428 (resized).jpg20200930_205428 (resized).jpg
#570 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Fun game, but is anyone else having issues with stuck balls in the subway?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How steep have you got yours? Too shallow and gravity may not be doing it’s job.

#571 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

How steep have you got yours? Too shallow and gravity may not be doing it’s job.

Thank you. The bubble is just touching the bottom line so I will increase the slope a little to see if that helps.

#572 3 years ago

If anyone is looking for a first run AIQ premium.
Nick at Planetninepinball.com in Vegas has one premium spot left till next year.

His contact info: [email protected]

#573 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

Is there different artwork for the premium? The flyer suggests that and I vaguely remember IMDN prem wasn’t shown right away.

Yeah looks like the sides of back box have the villains, whereas the LE has the heroes. Also bg looks more red vs purple on the cab sides/front.
Watson-trio-shot (resized).pngWatson-trio-shot (resized).png

#574 3 years ago
Quoted from Sly_Old_Devil:

Ok, that was unexpected...3 DeadFlip streams later and I've just paid my deposit for an AIQ Premium!
Haven't owned a Pin in over 4 years, thought I was well out of the madness...first NIB, first Stern...can't wait.[quoted image]

unexpected behavior number 2, upgrade Premium to the LE ...it's on its way to NZ as we speak. Still can't wait.

#575 3 years ago

unexpected behavior number 2, upgrade Premium to the LE ...it's on its way to NZ as we speak. Still can't wait.

Congrats mate and enjoy!!

#576 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Congrats mate and enjoy!!

Thanks, even though it's not a dream theme for me, been watching the streams and reveals etc and I am feeling this machine big time...in a weird, but legal, way.

#577 3 years ago

Thanks, even though it's not a dream theme for me, been watching the streams and reveals etc and I am feeling this machine big time...in a weird, but legal, way.

Once it arrives you could feel it in illegal ways also if the mood strikes you...... it does belong to you at that point. No judgements from me man

#578 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Thank you. The bubble is just touching the bottom line so I will increase the slope a little to see if that helps.

The bottom 0f the bubble or the top of the bubble?

#579 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The bottom 0f the bubble or the top of the bubble?

The bubble is NEVER accurate. Use the PinGuy app, and make sure you calibrate it first.

#580 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The bubble is NEVER accurate. Use the PinGuy app, and make sure you calibrate it first.

I am so confused by the pinguy app. Do i lay it on a flat (hopefully flat) surface and calibrate, then turn 180 around and do the same, BEFORE i put this on the playfield?

It doesn't explain very well and I'm no field engineer.

#581 3 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Agreed, but I ask because if the bottom of the bubble is barely touching the bottom line, hes at least close. If the top of the bubble is touching the bottom line hes waaaay off. Btw, with my bubble centered on my JP and GOTG, I'm at 6.8 on JP and 6.6 on GOTG according to pin guy app. So, bubble is at least a quick and dirty gauge.

#582 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I am so confused by the pinguy app. Do i lay it on a flat (hopefully flat) surface and calibrate, then turn 180 around and do the same, BEFORE i put this on the playfield?

Yes. You’re calibrating it so that when you put it on the playfield it will give you accurate readings. Put it on a counter top or something and calibrate it. Then use it on the playfield.

#583 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yes. You’re calibrating it so that when you put it on the playfield it will give you accurate readings. Put it on a counter top or something and calibrate it. Then use it on the playfield.

Thanks -I haven't used it yet but did just download it and was looking around in the app. Trying to work this morning without going down and playing pinball when I need to be productive (to keep a job).

#584 3 years ago

Best way to level a machine using your phone is to open up your Amazon app and order a real digital level.
At least remember it will only be as good as whatever you are calibrating it on. So if that countertop or bar isn't perfectly level, neither is your app.
And never trust the damn bubble. Why Stern still wastes their time and money on those after cost reducing everything else possible is beyond me. I have seen machines where the bubble centers at 4 deg and machines where the bubble centers at 8. It's ridiculous.

#585 3 years ago

How is that possible? Haha. Just tighten the bubble level down and should but good right?

#586 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How is that possible? Haha. Just tighten the bubble level down and should but good right?

LOL...hell if I know. But they are often out of wack. If the rail they are on isn't perfectly flat and parallel to the playfield that will cause an issue too. I was exaggerating with 4-8, but for sure easily a degree out either direction, and that can make a big difference in how a game plays and proper mech performance.

#587 3 years ago

Haha. Yeah not surprised they cannot be trusted. Since I have nice and flat even ground in my basement I Jack the back legs up usually almost all the way out, and front all the way in. This typically results in the bubble being close the touching the top line of the bubble level. Some games play a bit better if they aren’t so steep. Stranger things is one. I keep that one about right in the middle of the bubble level.

But most stern games are way more fun if they are steep and fast.

#588 3 years ago

I will try the app. This is where I had the bubble.

20201001_074347 (resized).jpg20201001_074347 (resized).jpg
#589 3 years ago

Also keep in mind, when using a phone app for leveling purposes, when you lay your phone on the playfield. If your phone is even the slightest bit rotated clockwise or counter, your bubble app will be off. I do use the app, but it's not perfect. Still plenty of room for human error.

#590 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I will try the app. This is where I had the bubble.
[quoted image]

Yeah, I'd raise the back a hair, center that bubble, then double check pitch with a phone app. The app will also help you dial in left to right slope.

#591 3 years ago

I’m on board and so is Atlanta by association. My Pro is going on location at my business partner My Parents Basement later today. My 20th machine there! 19 late model Sterns and AFMRLE.

13DB39DA-380F-44BF-B6BB-42B0381E0245.jpeg13DB39DA-380F-44BF-B6BB-42B0381E0245.jpeg
#592 3 years ago

OK so I was concentrating on the playfield (not the bubble lol) and saw this......

That isn't an issue with the clearcoat - where the wire form and "other" metal piece are going into the playfield, is it?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#593 3 years ago

Yep. Looks like it chipped when they hammered those parts into the pf.

#594 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

OK so I was concentrating on the playfield (not the bubble lol) and saw this......
That isn't an issue with the clearcoat - where the wire form and "other" metal piece are going into the playfield, is it?
[quoted image]

That’s some good chipping already. Open a ticket with Stern. I would go directly with Stern. My distributor has ignored me on a different game.

#595 3 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

That’s some good chipping already. Open a ticket with Stern. I would go directly with Stern. My distributor has ignored me on a different game.

Stern will ignore him too. Their customer service is worse than their shitty ass playfields!

#596 3 years ago

Probably a new record between first unboxing to first reported pf issue. Disappointing to see and hope it’s an isolated case.

#597 3 years ago

#598 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

Correct, the calibration procedure should take out any error in level of the surface you are calibrating it on. That is why you are asked to turn the phone 180 degrees. True level must be between these to measurements. Same way you calibrate other digital levels (ones that I’ve used) and traditional bubble levels.

The only thing to watch out for using you phone is the pesky camera bump on the back. It may rock back and fourth. Most cases are thick enough such that the camera bump is recessed, but ensure the back of your case is a flat plane. I’ve had to make a couple 3D prints to get around some of these issues.

I would try a couple dozen games and then adjust the pitch and see how it plays at a few different pitches. It took me a while to dial in JP2, I think I’m at 6.8 degrees. Two or three tenths makes a big difference on that game.

#599 3 years ago

This bent plastic piece isn't going to last long with all of the fly balls. As you can see, it was already bent down and out of place before the first game was played. Good opportunity for a mod.

20201001_093231 (resized).jpg20201001_093231 (resized).jpg20201001_092834 (resized).jpg20201001_092834 (resized).jpg
#600 3 years ago

I'm going to pick my pro up tomorrow.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
4,999 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/12?hl=steele67 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.