04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 255.
#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

For balls coming back down the Black Panther loop, where do they drop on your machines? I get far too many SDTM. Sometimes it kicks over to the left flipper, sometimes it catches the right. Seems like it should be a consistent drop to the left flipper...

With stock rubber mine would almost always go to the left flipper but since I changed all stock to Titans it has shifted to the right flipper...difference is in rubber thickness for me.

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

For balls coming back down the Black Panther loop, where do they drop on your machines? I get far too many SDTM. Sometimes it kicks over to the left flipper, sometimes it catches the right. Seems like it should be a consistent drop to the left flipper...

Do you have a pro or premium? Pro should return to right flipper with no bounce. Premium should kick off the post at the entrance to the orbit and bounce reliably over to the left flipper. If it's an inconsistent or weak bounce check to make sure that post is screwed in tight. Mine was inconsistent like yours with many drains SDTM and I found that the post was loose and a bit wobbly. That meant when the ball hit it the post would give, so the ball didn't bounce consistently or strong off of it. I took the post out, put some blue loctite on it and screwed it back in and it's been reliable to the left flipper ever since.

#6353 3 years ago

Premium with Titans. (Stock post sleeves)
Mine will feed the left flipper nicely on a full roll down the PB lane.
Lighter rolling balls, say from about a quarter to halfway up, still make it to the left but some quick left, right flipper action usually needed. Sometimes a small nudge as it hits the post helps reduce this.
Less than a quarter of the way up the BP lane definitely keeps you on your toes but isnt a problem or anything.

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

anyone able to get a levelling disk kit 535-2390-00 and DHL it to me in the UK? LE version thanks. And thanks to the folks who PMed me (but had pro version).
Thanks,
Neil.

How much is yours off Neil?

Mine was slightly high at the back (between 11 and 1) after I messed about with it out of the box, got fed up of waiting for the fixes so wedged a couple small nylon washers at the back of the mech and it’s perfectly flat now mate.

#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The biggest flaw in my game is still the bloody auto plunge. It fails about 80%. Prongs are lined up nicely. Really takes the momentum out of the gameplay and messes up the Soul gem

since I put an e-clips on the mech, never had this issue anymore
Screenshot_2021-04-01_14-20-49 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-04-01_14-20-49 (resized).png

even had to lower the power from 255 to 225

#6356 3 years ago

I took my auto plunger out and replaced it with a manual one. Works like a charm.

#6357 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

since I put an e-clips on the mech, never had this issue anymore
[quoted image]
even had to lower the power from 255 to 225

What does that e clip hold in place? It doesn’t look like it would keep the mech held in one spot
Is it just a little less slop?

#6358 3 years ago

I put on an e-clip so disassembly wasn't necessary, nevertheless the clip stays firmly in place.
The prongs cannot move right of left on the shaft anymore.
I guess a washer could do the same.

Screenshot_2021-04-01_16-17-15 (resized).pngScreenshot_2021-04-01_16-17-15 (resized).png

#6359 3 years ago
Quoted from Bos007:

I put on an e-clip so disassembly wasn't necessary, nevertheless the clip stays firmly in place.
The prongs cannot move right of left on the shaft anymore.
I guess a washer could do the same.
[quoted image]

Cool I’ll give it a try

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

With mine (Premium) it's all aboot ball speed.
Slow balls got to right flipper, fast get a bounce and go to left. So there is a weird middle speed that can go SDTM; not too often though.

This shot always keeps you on your toes. Mine is exactly the same. I’ve heard the Pro has a slightly different feed but I’m not sure how that could be. Think it was Raymond Davidson that said that.

#6361 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

How much is yours off Neil?
Mine was slightly high at the back (between 11 and 1) after I messed about with it out of the box, got fed up of waiting for the fixes so wedged a couple small nylon washers at the back of the mech and it’s perfectly flat now mate.

before I was getting major airballs but I tweaked it and its alot better but not perfect, where are you wedging the washers? can you take a photo?

Neil.

#6362 3 years ago

First time in ~1800 plays the ball came to a slow rest at the top of the Dr. Strange Disk and settled there. My disk is level, so must have just happened to be the perfect situation of a slow ball and disk post in the right position... had to give a pretty good shake to get it to roll out of that spot!

IMG_0392[1] (resized).JPGIMG_0392[1] (resized).JPG
#6363 3 years ago

I know that others have posted about the end credits, which I think are pretty nice. But this is at the end of the credits and thought this was also really nice of them to do. Chas was always available and helpful every time I called.

CB459B98-46AF-433C-8DBB-02EA09685031_1_105_c (resized).jpegCB459B98-46AF-433C-8DBB-02EA09685031_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I know that others have posted about the end credits, which I think are pretty nice. But this is at the end of the credits and thought this was also really nice of them to do. Chas was always available and helpful every time I called.
[quoted image]

Nice! Where are the end credits, I haven't seen that yet!

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Nice! Where are the end credits, I haven't seen that yet!

Just keep the game in attract mode and the “stars” of the show will show up with their photos and names, then the names of the people will show up like the end credits with Chas showing at the end.

I was working on my Hulk Avengers so noticed this while AIQ was in attract mode.

#6366 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

Just keep the game in attract mode and the “stars” of the show will show up with their photos and names, then the names of the people will show up like the end credits with Chas showing at the end.
I was working on my Hulk Avengers so noticed this while AIQ was in attract mode.

This is cool!

I think you can skip forward through the attract mode screens by pressing the right flipper once for each skip forward. (and left flipper to go backward)

I've seen the final credits a few times myself, but haven't skipped all the way to them, but pretty sure you can. Keep in mind the end screen credits only shows every 20 or so attract mode cycles if I remember correctly reading that somewhere.

I'm not at my machine until tomorrow night to check this.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

This is cool!
I think you can skip forward through the attract mode screens by pressing the right flipper once for each skip forward. (and left flipper to go backward)
I've seen the final credits a few times myself, but haven't skipped all the way to them, but pretty sure you can. Keep in mind the end screen credits only shows every 20 or so attract mode cycles if I remember correctly reading that somewhere.
I'm not at my machine until tomorrow night to check this.

There is a setting where you can make the credits come up more frequently than every 20 cycles. I like the credits so much I set it to every 3 cycles!

I had been dealing with Eddie Yates on my disc/walking mech issue and it is cool to see his name come up!

By the way, does anyone know what gets your name on the high score list for “Black Panther champion”?? Also, what the heck is “super slings”?? I’m thinking it’s some kind of joke....or is it something real?

#6368 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

There is a setting where you can make the credits come up more frequently than every 20 cycles. I like the credits so much I set it to every 3 cycles!
I had been dealing with Eddie Yates on my disc/walking mech issue and it is cool to see his name come up!
By the way, does anyone know what gets your name on the high score list for “Black Panther champion”?? Also, what the heck is “super slings”?? I’m thinking it’s some kind of joke....or is it something real?

I was wrong. Answer is in the next post.

#6369 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

By the way, does anyone know what gets your name on the high score list for “Black Panther champion”??

I don't think there really is an AIQ Black Panther Champion... The initials 'CAB' I think are a tribute to Chadwick Aaron Boseman, the actor who played Black Panther, but has since passed away.

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I don't think there really is an AIQ Black Panther Champion... The initials 'CAB' I think are a tribute to Chadwick Aaron Boseman, the actor who played Black Panther, but has since passed away.

That would make sense, and very fitting.

By the way, super slings is level one Thor perk. I’ll try to pay attention to the slings next time I get Thor powered up.

I love the latest code, especially the CM binary multiplyer. I got a 352m soul gem jackpot thanks to CM! It was a break through game for me...made (and won) BR and got trophy mania (huge points) but fell just short of Battle Thanos. I had all 6 gems so every time I spelled STRANGE I could collect an avenger at the portal. I think I would have just been awarded 1b points if I had collected avengers again(?). Almost 3.5B points....nearly doubled my previous GC score!

#6371 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

That would make sense, and very fitting.
By the way, super slings is level one Thor perk. I’ll try to pay attention to the slings next time I get Thor powered up.
I love the latest code, especially the CM binary multiplyer. I got a 352m soul gem jackpot thanks to CM! It was a break through game for me...made (and won) BR and got trophy mania (huge points) but fell just short of Battle Thanos. I had all 6 gems so every time I spelled STRANGE I could collect an avenger at the portal. I think I would have just been awarded 1b points if I had collected avengers again(?). Almost 3.5B points....nearly doubled my previous GC score!

Great score! After Battle Royale and collecting (or battling for) all 6 gems, Battle Thanos would have been ready by spelling STRANGE.

I have battled Thanos multiple times and was awarded the 1 Billion when I had all 6 gems, but I haven't made it to trophy mania yet... my best currently is 23 trophies - one short of getting to the mode!

#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Great score! After Battle Royale and collecting (or battling for) all 6 gems, Battle Thanos would have been ready by spelling STRANGE.
I have battled Thanos multiple times and was awarded the 1 Billion when I had all 6 gems, but I haven't made it to trophy mania yet... my best currently is 23 trophies - one short of getting to the mode!

Hmmm I must be misremembering exactly what happened. I know at one point I was spelling STRANGE and it was allowing me to collect an avenger each time. Maybe it was leading into BR, not after, because there were no remaining gem quests to play?

I was actually trying to get computer frenzy (which I’ve never done) but got to trophy mania instead. The other feat I have yet to accomplish is collecting a gem via the Hawkeye Challenge.

#6373 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Hmmm I must be misremembering exactly what happened. I know at one point I was spelling STRANGE and it was allowing me to collect an avenger each time...because there were no remaining gem quests to play?

Correct, this happens when there are no Gems left

#6374 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Hmmm I must be misremembering exactly what happened. I know at one point I was spelling STRANGE and it was allowing me to collect an avenger each time. Maybe it was leading into BR, not after, because there were no remaining gem quests to play?
I was actually trying to get computer frenzy (which I’ve never done) but got to trophy mania instead. The other feat I have yet to accomplish is collecting a gem via the Hawkeye Challenge.

Yeah, I believe you are right about getting the Avenger awarded for each STRANGE after all gems are collected leading into BR if you have all the gems. I also did that on old code and the game would either make me replay gems I had already won or just pass through the subway like nothing happened depending on which code version (Before Thanos was added back in)...

I have reached computer frenzy a hand full of times. Trying to remember if I have been awarded the Hawkeye Challenge gem via "Marksman" shot. I had to practice getting better at the Hawkeye loop once the code allowed you to win or keep the Soul gem for getting Super Jackpot in BOM as I rarely won the regular Jackpot. I'm still working on the consistency of that shot, but have improved quite a bit. It's also nice to earn the extra ball via Hawkeye 'Pro' challenge.

#6375 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I'll take "Things I'll never see" for $1,000, Alex.

#6376 3 years ago

I've had my premium for some weeks now with slow improvements as I learned the game and averaging now around the 700 to 900mil. Problem is I can't seem to crack it into the billion or beyond amd my scoring has plateaued. Anyone else been in this boat? Any tips to go from reasonable scoring to the next level would be awesome. I've experimented with moving gems around etc but I still feel like I'm missing something to generate a bigger score.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I've had my premium for some weeks now with slow improvements as I learned the game and averaging now around the 700 to 900mil. Problem is I can't seem to crack it into the billion or beyond amd my scoring has plateaued. Anyone else been in this boat? Any tips to go from reasonable scoring to the next level would be awesome. I've experimented with moving gems around etc but I still feel like I'm missing something to generate a bigger score.

With an average score in that range you must be collecting lots of gems. Are you going into the quests with at least one portal lock? That’s key to big scores. Also, are you collecting big soul gem jackpots? Much of my effort early on in games is to set up a good place for the soul gem, either via the power gem or on a juiced up captain marvel.

My scores went up noticeably when I started paying attention to the drop target bingo grid. For instance, the collect avenger (middle square) becomes more valuable as the game progresses.

#6378 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Those are decent scores! How far are you making it to get those scores?

Definitely locking one or two balls before gem quests and bringing in a Thor or Iron Man multiball with it will generate more points.

With the latest code, getting the Captain Marvel Binary multipliers can be big. Put the Reality gem or Soul gem on Captain Marvel can lead to lots of points as well once you have Binary multiplier going. Soul gem shot can be worth a lot that way after completing another gem. Reality gem on CM and Super combos going can also get big scores for that mode.

Having a Level 1 Mind gem going into Soul gem quest should allow you go for the "Hard mode" which can generate much bigger scores in that mode.

Defeating Thanos attacks and getting victory laps can be worth big points.

Of course all of these are easier said than done. It's rare I can set things up and then pull it off multiple times, as you need to do well with some good luck in multiple phases to put up a score of a Billion plus.

#6379 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Gotta nudge left to right, just before the shooter lane exit and it will prevent it.

Mine does that too. Money making feature lol

#6380 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Gotta nudge left to right, just before the shooter lane exit and it will prevent it.
Mine does that too. Money making feature lol

LOL - I need to learn more about the finesse aspects of this game...

#6381 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Those are decent scores! How far are you making it to get those scores?
Definitely locking one or two balls before gem quests and bringing in a Thor or Iron Man multiball with it will generate more points.
With the latest code, getting the Captain Marvel Binary multipliers can be big. Put the Reality gem or Soul gem on Captain Marvel can lead to lots of points as well once you have Binary multiplier going. Soul gem shot can be worth a lot that way after completing another gem. Reality gem on CM and Super combos going can also get big scores for that mode.
Having a Level 1 Mind gem going into Soul gem quest should allow you go for the "Hard mode" which can generate much bigger scores in that mode.
Defeating Thanos attacks and getting victory laps can be worth big points.
Of course all of these are easier said than done. It's rare I can set things up and then pull it off multiple times, as you need to do well with some good luck in multiple phases to put up a score of a Billion plus.

This game is so difficult, I try to play a game to relax and and have a good time and end up all worked up cursing at the cheap drains and the crappy score after sweating like a false witness. Lol

This game is hard!!

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

This game is so difficult, I try to play a game to relax and and have a good time and end up all worked up cursing at the cheap drains and the crappy score after sweating like a false witness. Lol
This game is hard!!

True! That's why my next pin is Deadpool!

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

True! That's why my next pin is Deadpool!

Deadpool is a great game! Much more upbeat and light hearted than AIQ and I love them both!

#6384 3 years ago

Hello Fellow Owners... Got my Pro early January.
I played both the pro and the premium before buying and maybe it was the machine or maybe the luck of the draw, but the subway and CM loop turned me off to the premium pretty quickly. I am very happy with my pro. I realize this is as much about personal taste as it is reliability and to each their own.

In the first 3 weeks I have had my pro, I only had issues with my spinner not being level. I reached out to Stern on Jan 27 and they said sounds like I needed parts. After way too many back and forth emails about serial number... then what model... then where to ship... then oh here's your order number.. finally after saying the game was unplayable due to air balls and not wanting to damage any other parts, they overnight UPS me the parts which I got today. Just over 2 months to get parts is not the first time experience I was hoping for. I received the playfield protector, the leveling bushing and the e clip and doc 755-7712-00. I replaced the parts and my spinner still isn't level, it seems the spinner rod is bent. The document did reference a leveling and magnetic sensor calibration per the provided supplementary instruction sheet... this wasn't provided, but luckily I found it on this forum. It helped me verify my sensor was getting good signal, but it does nothing to address the spinner runout (level.) After splitting the difference using the leveler, I no longer get air balls, and seem to not get any balls stuck on the spinner lip.

I upgraded to 1.00 pro code, and immediately had reboot issues. The game rebooted after exiting the settings menu. The game rebooted at the and of each game when the game over splash screen would normally switch to an attraction video. The game rebooted at the end of every attraction loop. Based on feedback in this forum, I reflashed the SD card, and that resolved the reboot issue.

I have several mods, and ordered several more in the last few days. One of my favorites is my thanos plunger and I'm really looking forward to my new sanctum and active lighting mjolnir.

Questions for this group:
Settings menu descriptions? I have looked for info on many of the settings, mostly because I tried to troubleshoot if one particular setting was causing my reboot issue... some of the settings names are vague and I'm not able to glean what the setting actually does.
Coil stops and sleeves? What kind of impact are we talking here, my game has less than 100 games due to the spinner and I'm wondering if I should be proactive and get these now... I acknowledge I have not done my homework on this topic. I read every post in this forum AFTER 1.00 fw came out.
Does Ray have a multi pin/digital pin? Seems his room is way to small for all those pins he makes videos about to fit in the same spot in front of his closet. I ask this in jest concerning Ray, but more because I am curious if these are anywhere near worth playing and may be a second pin in my future.

Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, it has helped me a lot today!

#6385 3 years ago

Hi,
Does someone provide the clear plastic on the left side of the captain marvel ramp or is it a DIY? How to install it?
Thnaks

#6386 3 years ago
Quoted from Tekblade:

Hello Fellow Owners... Got my Pro early January.
I played both the pro and the premium before buying and maybe it was the machine or maybe the luck of the draw, but the subway and CM loop turned me off to the premium pretty quickly. I am very happy with my pro. I realize this is as much about personal taste as it is reliability and to each their own.
In the first 3 weeks I have had my pro, I only had issues with my spinner not being level. I reached out to Stern on Jan 27 and they said sounds like I needed parts. After way too many back and forth emails about serial number... then what model... then where to ship... then oh here's your order number.. finally after saying the game was unplayable due to air balls and not wanting to damage any other parts, they overnight UPS me the parts which I got today. Just over 2 months to get parts is not the first time experience I was hoping for. I received the playfield protector, the leveling bushing and the e clip and doc 755-7712-00. I replaced the parts and my spinner still isn't level, it seems the spinner rod is bent. The document did reference a leveling and magnetic sensor calibration per the provided supplementary instruction sheet... this wasn't provided, but luckily I found it on this forum. It helped me verify my sensor was getting good signal, but it does nothing to address the spinner runout (level.) After splitting the difference using the leveler, I no longer get air balls, and seem to not get any balls stuck on the spinner lip.
I upgraded to 1.00 pro code, and immediately had reboot issues. The game rebooted after exiting the settings menu. The game rebooted at the and of each game when the game over splash screen would normally switch to an attraction video. The game rebooted at the end of every attraction loop. Based on feedback in this forum, I reflashed the SD card, and that resolved the reboot issue.
I have several mods, and ordered several more in the last few days. One of my favorites is my thanos plunger and I'm really looking forward to my new sanctum and active lighting mjolnir.
Questions for this group:
Settings menu descriptions? I have looked for info on many of the settings, mostly because I tried to troubleshoot if one particular setting was causing my reboot issue... some of the settings names are vague and I'm not able to glean what the setting actually does.
Coil stops and sleeves? What kind of impact are we talking here, my game has less than 100 games due to the spinner and I'm wondering if I should be proactive and get these now... I acknowledge I have not done my homework on this topic. I read every post in this forum AFTER 1.00 fw came out.
Does Ray have a multi pin/digital pin? Seems his room is way to small for all those pins he makes videos about to fit in the same spot in front of his closet. I ask this in jest concerning Ray, but more because I am curious if these are anywhere near worth playing and may be a second pin in my future.
Thanks to all who contribute to this forum, it has helped me a lot today!

On your coil stops and sleeves question - Yes, I would recommend you order a set for each of the 3 flippers. Should be under $20 total for all 3 sets at Pinball Life or other pinball supplier (before shipping). The ones used by Stern will generally not last past 500 games. These are pretty easy to change and won't take much time. If you don't change them they will eventually feel weaker and could get stuck where they no longer flip. At ~5000 games may want to change them again and also the plunger and link for each flipper as well. These are normal wear items on any pinball machine. Also keep the game clean. Wipe the playfield down regularly and wax with your preferred wax. Novus 1 works well to also wipe the flipper rubbers and other rubbers to clean them as they will slowly get black from the pinball dust. Also replace balls around every ~500 games to keep playfield wear minimized and new balls will also play faster.

#6387 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Hi,
Does someone provide the clear plastic on the left side of the captain marvel ramp or is it a DIY? How to install it?
Thnaks

The clear "Lexan fix" is a DIY, but Pinsider tdiddy sells a 3D printed piece that accomplishes the same "fix".

Search in this group for "lexan fix" or user tdiddy for more info.

I have several posts on the topic and what I did, here's one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/91#post-6088493

#6388 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

On your coil stops and sleeves question - Yes, I would recommend you order a set for each of the 3 flippers. Should be under $20 total for all 3 sets at Pinball Life or other pinball supplier (before shipping). The ones used by Stern will generally not last past 500 games. These are pretty easy to change and won't take much time. If you don't change them they will eventually feel weaker and could get stuck where they no longer flip. At ~5000 games may want to change them again and also the plunger and link for each flipper as well. These are normal wear items on any pinball machine. Also keep the game clean. Wipe the playfield down regularly and wax with your preferred wax. Novus 1 works well to also wipe the flipper rubbers and other rubbers to clean them as they will slowly get black from the pinball dust. Also replace balls around every ~500 games to keep playfield wear minimized and new balls will also play faster.

Are the ones from PBL or elsewhere better quality than Stern's, or will they all start failing at around 500 plays?

#6389 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Thanks so much for the information. I have browsed pinball life and see many coil stops. Not to sound dumb, but I assume the "classic stern" coil stops are the ones I need as I didn't see any other stern coil stops there. I assume these aren't the same as already in my machine.

I looked at the parts reference in the manual to determine if I need the #6 or #6 and #8 coil stops, but the parts reference doesn't show the screw size. Which size do we have on AIG Pro, 6 or 8?

EDIT: posted too soon, what size coil sleeves are AIG PRO, flanged or "regular"? sorry for my ignorance...

Any info is appreciated!

#6390 3 years ago

Just tried super bands for the first time on the flippers (normally titan). Loving them but damn my fingers hurt now.

#6391 3 years ago
Quoted from Tekblade:

Thanks so much for the information. I have browsed pinball life and see many coil stops. Not to sound dumb, but I assume the "classic stern" coil stops are the ones I need as I didn't see any other stern coil stops there. I assume these aren't the same as already in my machine.
I looked at the parts reference in the manual to determine if I need the #6 or #6 and #8 coil stops, but the parts reference doesn't show the screw size. Which size do we have on AIG Pro, 6 or 8?
EDIT: posted too soon, what size coil sleeves are AIG PRO, flanged or "regular"? sorry for my ignorance...
Any info is appreciated!

Page 45 of the game manual lists the coil sleeves as part #545-5388-00. You can search that part number on Pinball Life.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/AvengersInfinity_Pro_web.pdf

#6392 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Are the ones from PBL or elsewhere better quality than Stern's, or will they all start failing at around 500 plays?

Quoted from Tekblade:

Any info is appreciated!

Yes, the Pinball Life coil stops will last longer than the OEM Stern version, I've had good luck with them. Over 3500 games on them in my Deadpool and ~1500 on them in my AIQ.

Here's the coil stops and sleeves:

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

https://www.pinballlife.com/2-316-coil-sleeve.html

#6393 3 years ago

Finally blew up my Pro today (by my standards) after 400 games...894 million, 15 trophies, 4 gems, almost made the third set of collected avengers. Now need to figure out how to use gems well and maybe I'll break 1B.

#6394 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Finally blew up my Pro today (by my standards) after 400 games...894 million, 15 trophies, 4 gems, almost made the third set of collected avengers. Now need to figure out how to use gems well and maybe I'll break 1B.

Congrats! Once you break that billion you’re in a whole new club!

32184B97-0236-4788-A57F-94A7F8A7DCAC (resized).jpeg32184B97-0236-4788-A57F-94A7F8A7DCAC (resized).jpeg
#6395 3 years ago

I had 200m in the bank at ball 1, and it all went to sh!t so fast after that I could not believe. This game is tough!

#6396 3 years ago

I have an AIQ LE - (Back story) --- Stern just shipped my playfield replacement (Fully populated) due to issues with the old playfield. I just plugged in the 3 wires and the Cat cable from the backbox. I started up the machine just knowing everything would be PERFECT, lol... THEN - issues. Keep in mind that the old populated playfield I sent them didn't have anything wrong and the game played flawlessly. This new playfield should have been plug and play (reversing
the removal process with the new one).

I started out by launching the ball with the middle button on the lock bar. This happens - Once the GI comes on (About the time you would use the right flipper to send the ball (1st flip of the game) to the tower). I press the left flipper and the flippers (both right and left) go dead (Frozen for a second) and the LOWER Left GI goes out. They both flutter on and off for a second or so (Both the GI and the flippers being intermittent and dead like at some points in the seconds that pass). The Lower left GI the goes out completely and the flipper work again.

You can play game after game (New games) and nothing more happens. BUT the lower left GI won't work any more. When you reboot the game, this same scenario plays out over again.

I left a support inquiry for Stern since this is their new playfield they sent me. Really disappointed, but I have no idea how to diagnose these things. I have a job and other responsibilities to take care of, so I don't have a lot of time to devote to this. Curious if anyone else has ever had this issue, or what this possibly could be. There are NO ERRORS listed in the service menu and the boards all check out fine.

Thanks in advance. I am assuming Stern will have to send someone out to look at this - but MAYBE it's something easy to fix.

#6397 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

I have an AIQ LE - (Back story) --- Stern just shipped my playfield replacement (Fully populated) due to issues with the old playfield. I just plugged in the 3 wires and the Cat cable from the backbox. I started up the machine just knowing everything would be PERFECT, lol... THEN - issues. Keep in mind that the old populated playfield I sent them didn't have anything wrong and the game played flawlessly. This new playfield should have been plug and play (reversing
I started out by launching the ball with the middle button on the lock bar. This happens - Once the GI comes on (About the time you would use the right flipper to send the ball (1st flip of the game) to the tower). I press the left flipper and the flippers (both right and left) go dead (Frozen for a second) and the LOWER Left GI goes out. They both flutter on and off for a second or so (Both the GI and the flippers being intermittent and dead like at some points in the seconds that pass). The Lower left GI the goes out completely and the flipper work again.
You can play game after game (New games) and nothing more happens. BUT the lower left GI won't work any more. When you reboot the game, this same scenario plays out over again.
I left a support inquiry for Stern since this is their new playfield they sent me. Really disappointed, but I have no idea how to diagnose these things. I have a job and other responsibilities to take care of, so I don't have a lot of time to devote to this. Curious if anyone else has ever had this issue, or what this possibly could be. There are NO ERRORS listed in the service menu and the boards all check out fine.
Thanks in advance. I am assuming Stern will have to send someone out to look at this - but MAYBE it's something easy to fix.

Sounds like a connection issue to me. If the new playfield came with the node boards already on it, i would reseat all of the cables, including the ones that came on the playfield boards and start there.

#6398 3 years ago
Quoted from Valorguy:

What were you playfield issues? Pics?

#6399 3 years ago

Looks like my PS or power distribution board is done. Game shut off mid game and saw the magic smoke escaping.

#6400 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Sounds like a connection issue to me. If the new playfield came with the node boards already on it, i would reseat all of the cables, including the ones that came on the playfield boards and start there.

The new playfield was already all put together with all of the boards, etc.... So - I reseated all of the connectors on every node in the machine. I realized while I was at it, that none of the switches attached to the main node (top of playfield node, orange connector) are registering. I believe they were registering previously, so something may have burnt out, etc. on the node board? It still shows 48v light and 6 v light and orange light still flashing showing data is moving.

Confusing part is that the Lower left GI connectors go to the other node board on the lower playfield.

IMG_4531 (resized).jpgIMG_4531 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

10,250 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
4,999 (Firm)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/128?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.