04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 255.
#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Pretty sure the code is the same on both games, but I could be wrong.

yes for the most part, but what I meant is the code works better in a premium in my opinion, you are missing the physical portal lock and one ramp and that is incorporated differently in the PRO

#6302 3 years ago

I'm not much of a mod guy, but I installed RGB flipper buttons on this one. Just seems right. I have it set to fade through all the gem colors on the flipper buttons and it just pops.

#6303 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does anyone have a good instruction card listing all the gems, their colors, and their effects?

See post :
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/100#post-6120831

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

There are a couple differences in code for the Captain Marvel shot. Tiltforums rule sheet has a good summary of it:
1) Go Binary - no shot multiplier on pro, up to 5x on prem/LE
2) Soul Gem Jackpot - Captain Marvel on Premium/LE is double scoring so essentially 100% quest value.

#6306 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There are a couple differences in code for the Captain Marvel shot. Tiltforums rule sheet has a good summary of it:
2) Soul Gem Jackpot - Captain Marvel on Premium/LE is double scoring so essentially 100% quest value.

Great to know. Thanks!

#6307 3 years ago

I’d take the marvel ramp all day everyday over the TK lock.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Can you go binary on the pro? I’ve not had the chance to play one.

#6308 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I’d take the marvel ramp all day everyday over the TK lock.

I don’t want to spend hours dialing in a shot again. Haha.

I don’t know what going binary means sorry.

#6309 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's the name for the Black Widow/Captain Marvel hurry up shot. I believe it's in the pro but I think the difference is you only get points and don't get a Captain Marvel shot multiplier awarded as part of making it.

#6310 3 years ago

You can't infinite combo it on the pro is part of the issue

#6311 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You can't infinite combo it on the pro is part of the issue

On my Pro, the Captain Marvel shot feeds pretty clean back to the right flipper for a live catch with enough time to shoot the Black Widow ramp. Not as smooth or cool as the Premium but still an option.

#6312 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Can you go binary on the pro? I’ve not had the chance to play one.

You can go binary on the pro after a certain # of spins, but unless you really rip it from the left side its unlikely you'll go binary in one shot.

#6313 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I bought the mod, but didn't end up installing it because I was happy with the way it played after I removed and reinstalled the ramp.
The awesome EaglePin helped me with some photos of his, since he wasn't complaining about his, and I was definitely not happy with mine.
I went from hating the game and thinking about selling it, to finishing the whole game and saying it might end up being bolted to the floor!
The ramp is a very important part of the game, and when rejects go SDTM as was the case with my game, it quickly sucks the fun out of it.
Fix the ramp, new game!

I am curious as well as to what adjustments you made once removed the ramp. Doesn't seem like there would be a whole lot to fiddle with. I'm getting some bad rejects from time to time, almost violent sounding, so I'm in need of some advice. The only issue I've had with it.

Thanks much

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I must have been pretty lucky with my LE, the marvel ramp was probably 85-90% on my game out the box.

I have had the ramp off to put cliffys on and put washers under a couple of the ball guides and there’s a lot of tension in that ramp, getting it back on all screw mounts takes a little force, maybe try playing with the ramps as a whole.?

With the clear plastic marvel ramp fix I’m at like 95% on the marvel ramp and that 5% is most of the time my fault.

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I've had Captain Marvel higher than 5X... maybe I had the Reality Gem placed on CM and it was including that?

#6316 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

With the clear plastic marvel ramp fix

Is this from stern or a modder?

#6317 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

DIY Lexan fix. I have put up pics previously of what I did on mine. I’ll try to find one.

The aftermarket fix is similar.

#6318 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You can just make one yourself with a small piece of Lexan and some double sided tape. I don't know who originally came up with it but here is a good picture of it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76#post-6027865

You can buy a 3D printed one from somebody here but I prefer the clear look. It takes 5 minutes to score/snap/tape.

Made a huge difference in rejects on my CM ramp.

#6319 3 years ago

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

#6320 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

You can just make one yourself with a small piece of Lexan and some double sided tape. I don't know who originally came up with it but here is a good picture of it: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/76#post-6027865
You can buy a 3D printed one from somebody here but I prefer the clear look. It takes 5 minutes to score/snap/tape.
Made a huge difference in rejects on my CM ramp.

I did this same thing with a glass slide from a telescope set.

Total cost was about $.03 cents and it works wonderfully. Best part is you don't even notice it!

#6321 3 years ago

I have 2 issues after 300 games, I'm pretty sure both have already been addressed here:
1. During multiball, balls are not kicked out correctly, half of the kicks for nothing.
2. Gold dust and weak flippers. I have an order waiting at pinball life, so i would appreciate if someone can point me to the right things to order.
Thanks!

#6322 3 years ago

1. Replace the pinballs
2. Coil stops

#6323 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I cut a handful of these out of Lexan recently. Meet me sometime at Pinball Garage for a beer and you can have one!

#6324 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

I cut a handful of these out of Lexan recently. Meet me sometime at Pinball Garage for a beer and you can have one!

Hell yeah. Sounds good man.

#6325 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I have 2 issues after 300 games, I'm pretty sure both have already been addressed here:
1. During multiball, balls are not kicked out correctly, half of the kicks for nothing.
2. Gold dust and weak flippers. I have an order waiting at pinball life, so i would appreciate if someone can point me to the right things to order.
Thanks!

1. Not sure exactly what you mean here... the ball doesn't make it onto the playfield? Check and adjust the "fingers" that hit the ball from the auto launch mechanism. Clean and wax the shooter lane.

2. Coil stops. Get new coil stops and coil sleeves. Very easy to replace. Don't forget the third upper flipper.

#6326 3 years ago

Hi guys, just bought an AIQ Premium and i'm having a blast playing it.
What do you think are the best playfield mods available ? (Except shaker and sides, just playfield)
Thanks !

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Hmmm... I'm pretty sure I've had Captain Marvel higher than 5X... maybe I had the Reality Gem placed on CM and it was including that?

Yep I think Reality gem would multiply the base 5x max of the Captain Marvel multiplier.

#6328 3 years ago

Does anyone have a picture underneath the playfield that shows which nut is supposed to be missing? I can’t seem to find it in this thread.

#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I'm not much of a mod guy, but I installed RGB flipper buttons on this one. Just seems right. I have it set to fade through all the gem colors on the flipper buttons and it just pops.

Where did you get rgb flipper buttons? Been using Bright Mods forever as they look great, but no RGB...thx

#6330 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Awesome. Thanks for the help!

Its worked well for me. The mod is also nice but i kind of like that mine is almost invisible while playing.
I can even hit CM from a left cradle.

#6331 3 years ago

The biggest flaw in my game is still the bloody auto plunge. It fails about 80%. Prongs are lined up nicely. Really takes the momentum out of the gameplay and messes up the Soul gem

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The biggest flaw in my game is still the bloody auto plunge. It fails about 80%. Prongs are lined up nicely. Really takes the momentum out of the gameplay and messes up the Soul gem

Yeah, still getting that dialed in on mine as well.. Usually works very well after fresh clean and wax and then slowly degrades.

I try to beat the auto plunge (if i'm not in multiball) and do a manual plunge before it can fire.

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Where did you get rgb flipper buttons? Been using Bright Mods forever as they look great, but no RGB...thx

Cointaker. I normally like a diy approach but really liked how there's completely light the button by encircling it with their custom kit. I'm using the medium speed fade mode.

#6334 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

My cm ramp has zero rejects if the shot is accurate. Only when the shot is slightly off does it rattle and reject.

me too

#6335 3 years ago

What are you folks using on the upper flipper? I've replaced the factory black rubber all over. Using PerfectPlay on all three flippers, but the upper flipper does not last long. Do the SuperBands hold up better on the upper flipper?

#6336 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

What are you folks using on the upper flipper? I've replaced the factory black rubber all over. Using PerfectPlay on all three flippers, but the upper flipper does not last long. Do the SuperBands hold up better on the upper flipper?

I have superbands on all flippers. You get a little more purchase out of your shots. They also last a lot longer. Some people don't like the way they play. Try them out and see if they work for your playing style.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah I'm using a Superband on the upper flipper and Perfect Play on the lowers.

The Superband will take the beating the upper flipper tip gets in AIQ. The 'Feel' is a little different, but it works well up there.

If you haven't used a Superband on your flipper before, it will seem too small and difficult to put on. Warming it up in hot water will loosen it a little before putting it on, but it will still be hard to stretch it compared to other flipper rubbers.

#6338 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Cointaker. I normally like a diy approach but really liked how there's completely light the button by encircling it with their custom kit. I'm using the medium speed fade mode.

Great news and thanks!! That's why I changed all mine to Britebuttons because it really lit the button well w circular pattern. Will definitely check these out...

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

1. Not sure exactly what you mean here... the ball doesn't make it onto the playfield? Check and adjust the "fingers" that hit the ball from the auto launch mechanism. Clean and wax the shooter lane.

No, what i meant is the balls are not getting to the shooter lane. They don't eject correctly from where they are stored

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That's a bummer. Did you try placing a washer under the left fork on the metal "ramp" at the end of the shooter lane (similar to what many people do on JP)? My shooter lane was at about 75% out of the box. I first tried a very thin washer and that didn't change much, but a slightly thicker washer worked great. I have played probably 20-30 games since doing that and haven't had a bad plunge yet. That's not to say it won't happen...the auto plunger mech on these simply aren't capable of being perfect, but I was surprised how much of a difference it made on mine.

I would also make sure your mech is tight and not binding up on anything. If it's failing 80% of the time, that seems like a bigger issue than the typical Stern plunger. Maybe it is slightly misaligned? I would try loosening the mounting screws on the whole mech and see if there is any slop or if it can be shifted slightly. Maybe it's aligned when at rest, but is actually pushing the ball at a slight angle? Donno...just throwing out ideas. Best of luck!

#6341 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That's a bummer. Did you try placing a washer under the left fork on the metal "ramp" at the end of the shooter lane (similar to what many people do on JP)? My shooter lane was at about 75% out of the box. I first tried a very thin washer and that didn't change much, but a slightly thicker washer worked great. I have played probably 20-30 games since doing that and haven't had a bad plunge yet. That's not to say it won't happen...the auto plunger mech on these simply aren't capable of being perfect, but I was surprised how much of a difference it made on mine.
I would also make sure your mech is tight and not binding up on anything. If it's failing 80% of the time, that seems like a bigger issue than the typical Stern plunger. Maybe it is slightly misaligned? I would try loosening the mounting screws on the whole mech and see if there is any slop or if it can be shifted slightly. Maybe it's aligned when at rest, but is actually pushing the ball at a slight angle? Donno...just throwing out ideas. Best of luck!

You mean, directly under one of the screws at the beginning of the 'ramp'? Or somewhere near the end?

#6342 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You mean, directly under one of the screws at the beginning of the 'ramp'? Or somewhere near the end?

Under the left "fork", under the screw (between the fork and the playfield).

EDE48393-3061-4A29-8DF2-D7CE3E49A896 (resized).jpegEDE48393-3061-4A29-8DF2-D7CE3E49A896 (resized).jpeg
#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Under the left "fork", under the screw (between the fork and the playfield).[quoted image]

I tried this and unfortunately had zero success in improving the auto plunge. If I go any thicker with the washer, the fork will sit above the the wood height.

#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I tried this and unfortunately had zero success in improving the auto plunge. If I go any thicker with the washer, the fork will sit above the the wood height.

That sucks. Sorry to hear that. I was surprised how much difference it made on mine, but I was lucky that it wasn't that bad to begin with. On the other hand most people seemed to have success with this method on JP, yet it had almost no effect on either of the two JPs I did it to. Go figure.

#6345 3 years ago

There's probably multiple factors causing this... Mine can't even make it up the back ramp using the plunger, and my auto plunge is maybe 75%, but sometimes the auto plunge has no trouble at all and just flies around. I also seem to have something in my right orbit that's sometimes catching the ball. I'll hear a clunk on what I thought was a clean shot and it'll fall into the pops or come back down. Can't figure out what it's hitting, or if the plunge might be affected by the same thing

#6346 3 years ago

anyone able to get a levelling disk kit 535-2390-00 and DHL it to me in the UK? LE version thanks. And thanks to the folks who PMed me (but had pro version).

Thanks,
Neil.

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Can't figure out what it's hitting, or if the plunge might be affected by the same thing

Sounds like you may have something unusual hidden in the upper part of the playfield, but do you notice similar issues with your BP shot? If no, then you're likely looking at a 'messy' ball path coming from the shooter lane.

Can I assume you've done a slo-mo video with a smart phone? If not, try it or find a friend. My experience has been the ball bouncing back and forth up the lane into the left hand curve. You need to minimize that action.

Hope that helps.

#6348 3 years ago

Is anyone aware of any sound mods, either existing or in-progress, or is that off-limits with latest software? It may sound silly but the sleepy/overly serious tunes are the main thing holding me back from adding this one to the mix.

#6349 3 years ago

For balls coming back down the Black Panther loop, where do they drop on your machines? I get far too many SDTM. Sometimes it kicks over to the left flipper, sometimes it catches the right. Seems like it should be a consistent drop to the left flipper...

#6350 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

For balls coming back down the Black Panther loop, where do they drop on your machines? I get far too many SDTM. Sometimes it kicks over to the left flipper, sometimes it catches the right. Seems like it should be a consistent drop to the left flipper...

With mine (Premium) it's all aboot ball speed.
Slow balls got to right flipper, fast get a bounce and go to left. So there is a weird middle speed that can go SDTM; not too often though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.