04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 255.
#6251 3 years ago

Is it possible to have 3 balls locked in the portal and starting a gem quest with a 4th ball?
It seems that I can only get 2 portal locks on out Premium.
When "earning" a 3th, it seems like I only get that one after playing a gem quest.

#6252 3 years ago

Having issues with my new topper. Didn’t come with instructions.

CD494FC7-79B4-484D-A168-E727F76701FD (resized).jpegCD494FC7-79B4-484D-A168-E727F76701FD (resized).jpeg
#6253 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Is it possible to have 3 balls locked in the portal and starting a gem quest with a 4th ball?
It seems that I can only get 2 portal locks on out Premium.
When "earning" a 3th, it seems like I only get that one after playing a gem quest.

No, two portal locks per quest only, for a 3 ball multi max (unless you stack on IM or Thor).

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Having issues with my new topper. Didn’t come with instructions. [quoted image]

Congrats and good luck!!! ( they don't really have a rulesheet or schematic)

#6255 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Welcome to your pinball skills tanking !

#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Congratulations! Not a very deep game though. Really only two modes: 1) I'm tired, and 2) I'm hungry

Wizard mode is you trying to get enough rest to semi-function.

#6257 3 years ago

1 Billion on AIQ and then 2.4 billion on Deadpool. Fun night on almost back to back games!

IMG_E0382 (resized).JPGIMG_E0382 (resized).JPG
#6258 3 years ago

Switched my LE on today and this showed up, grabbed my phone and took a picture, put my phone away and wanted to shut the game off, then it restarted and after that no more error, doesn't look too promising....

2021-03-28_190937.jpg2021-03-28_190937.jpg
#6259 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Switched my LE on today and this showed up, grabbed my phone and took a picture, put my phone away and wanted to shut the game off, then it restarted and after that no more error, doesn't look too promising....
[quoted image]

If you have added any lighted mods, especially if they connect with aligator clips, check them first to make sure they aren't shorting on something.

#6260 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If you have added any lighted mods, especially if they connect with aligator clips, check them first to make sure they aren't shorting on something.

Nope, I haven't put in any extra stuff...

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Nope, I haven't put in any extra stuff...

Go into the service menus and look up the node board test and run that. It should tell you what is causing the over current. Then go to that area and check it. It will be very specific. See this thread below for more help.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spike-2-node-9-overcurrent-protection-gi-failure-stern-jple#post-6064157

#6262 3 years ago

New Soul Gem high score for me! Played "Hard Mode" and had an L1 Mind Gem to use... 19 Flips remaining!

IMG_E0386 (resized).JPGIMG_E0386 (resized).JPG
#6263 3 years ago

Ok, not sure if this is a silly question or not but what do the numbers on some of the gems mean? I’ve seen zeros, ones and twos. Can’t recall which gems. Any insight helpful!

#6264 3 years ago

Comet spotlights, really happy with how this lights up the play field and isn’t too intrusive. May try to add one more tower on the left if I can find a place to mount it.

20FEA6AA-2C4E-41A9-BD1E-EE435229C70D (resized).jpeg20FEA6AA-2C4E-41A9-BD1E-EE435229C70D (resized).jpegD860E821-98AE-4FC4-A540-AEE35361646F (resized).jpegD860E821-98AE-4FC4-A540-AEE35361646F (resized).jpeg
#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

Ok, not sure if this is a silly question or not but what do the numbers on some of the gems mean? I’ve seen zeros, ones and twos. Can’t recall which gems. Any insight helpful!

Its how many times you can activate/use them

#6266 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its how many times you can activate/use them

And then recharge them back up to their max with a bunch of hits to the shot with the gem? I haven’t been able to keep track of this during a game very well apparently...

#6267 3 years ago
Quoted from ApplePie:

And then recharge them back up to their max with a bunch of hits to the shot with the gem? I haven’t been able to keep track of this during a game very well apparently...

Change gem or space gem to move or replace them to recharge.

#6268 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Change gem or space gem to move or replace them to recharge.

Leveling up the Avenger they are on also works, and usually "upgrades" the power of the gem as well. So ApplePie is kind of right there too.

#6269 3 years ago

For anyone having issues with rejections on their CM ramp, try taking the ramp out slightly, and then re-centering it.

I did this, and saw huge improvements.

Seems mine was ever so slightly off to one side, and the tiny change made a big difference.

I now feel like the shot is fair. Not every shot makes it, but a nice fast, clean shot will.

Hope this helps.

#6270 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

For anyone having issues with rejections on their CM ramp, try taking the ramp out slightly, and then re-centering it.
I did this, and saw huge improvements.
Seems mine was ever so slightly off to one side, and the tiny change made a big difference.
I now feel like the shot is fair. Not every shot makes it, but a nice fast, clean shot will.
Hope this helps.

Great thanks, I'll give her a go

#6271 3 years ago

What about the tdiddy mod for the ramp? I thought that solved the rejects?

#6272 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What about the tdiddy mod for the ramp? I thought that solved the rejects?

Classy product, but didn't fix mine.

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Classy product, but didn't fix mine.

Well dammit. I assumed that was a fix for all. Haha

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Well dammit. I assumed that was a fix for all. Haha

It doesn't magically turn it into a gimme shot. It's a hard shot that needs to be strong and precise, like the good old days, LOL. It definitely isn't a Steve Ritchie ramp where any sloppy shot near the opening will find it's way up. This mod (either the fancy one being sold, or the DIY chunk of plastic), will help a slightly sloppier shot stay aligned, and will keep a very stray ball from flying out the side, but that's about it. This isn't a slam on the product...there is only so much that can be done, and it helps as much as possible. If your ramp is tweaked or bent funny, like some seem to be, that will still need to be addressed.

#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It doesn't magically turn it into a gimme shot. It's a hard shot that needs to be strong and precise, like the good old days, LOL. It definitely isn't a Steve Ritchie ramp where any sloppy shot near the opening will find it's way up. This mod (either the fancy one being sold, or the DIY chunk of plastic), will help a slightly sloppier shot stay aligned, and will keep a very stray ball from flying out the side, but that's about it. This isn't a slam on the product...there is only so much that can be done, and it helps as much as possible. If your ramp is tweaked or bent funny, like some seem to be, that will still need to be addressed.

Agree 100% and I was one of the very early adopters of the Lexan DIY version. Helps quite a bit, but the shot is not a "gimme"... there's a reason such a steep ramp has never been done before... it's a hard shot most of the time, but very satisfying!

#6276 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

It definitely isn't a Steve Ritchie ramp where any sloppy shot near the opening will find it's way up.

This pretty much guarantees me getting a pro unfortunately. I’ve had enough of dialing in a ramp shot for 10 lifetimes. Haha

#6277 3 years ago

But man, when that ball zips around that ramp it is so cool.

#6278 3 years ago

Who else really enjoys the AIQ Battle Royale Challenge Mini Game?

Every once in a while I still fail to complete it, but I have also whooped up on the Black Order a few times and put up some big scores and/or fast completion times! My best score and fastest time were done on different games.

IMG_E0396 (resized).JPGIMG_E0396 (resized).JPG
#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This pretty much guarantees me getting a pro unfortunately. I’ve had enough of dialing in a ramp shot for 10 lifetimes. Haha

If you have a chance to play a machine with the loop Captain Marvel ramp maybe try it out before deciding, but if you're main concern in the decision is reliability of that ramp and whether or not you'll have to tinker with it then I'd say go for it. I still smile every time I hit that shot because I think it's such a fun and unique shot. Mine hasn't taken any dialing in. Some people have had issues with it but I'd guess there are also many who haven't or who have only had to make small tweaks. And any issues seem to be mainly alignment related. There isn't a mech that you're trying to get to work along with it (*cough*TK Lock*cough). If I had to bet on it I'd say someone getting it shouldn't have much trouble with it though.

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

If you have a chance to play a machine with the loop Captain Marvel ramp maybe try it out before deciding,

My time on the game is pretty much exclusively a premium. Sounds like the ramp won’t be able to get to a point where I won’t be disappointed with it. Definitely disappointed with it as it is right now. Maybe a mod and a couple tweaks will change my mind. We shall see.

#6281 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My time on the game is pretty much exclusively a premium. Sounds like the ramp won’t be able to get to a point where I won’t be disappointed with it. Definitely disappointed with it as it is right now. Maybe a mod and a couple tweaks will change my mind. We shall see.

The plastic helps a great deal and it takes 5 mins to make one,as long as the it’s a clean shot it will zoom

#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

IMO the ramp is not an issue for most games - it’s just a shot that has to be accurate.

My son is just an average player, and he has always complained about that shot rejecting yet I’ve never had an issue with it.

The fix just means the shot can it be slightly less accurate since if it hits the side it won’t rattle as much and reject.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

It’s nothing like the ST Demi if that’s what you’re referring to.

#6283 3 years ago

To be clear. The premium I've been playing rejects a lot. It has a factory plastic cover on the outside of it. I’m going to try the mod and maybe one other thing. But if I can’t figure this one out really easily, I’ll probably go pro when I get one.

The STH demo is child’s play compared to the TK lock.

If I hit a shot clean, it should go. This one isn’t always going if the shot is clean.

#6284 3 years ago

Does anyone have a good instruction card listing all the gems, their colors, and their effects?

#6285 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

To be clear. The premium I've been playing rejects a lot. It has a factory plastic cover on the outside of it. I’m going to try the mod and maybe one other thing. But if I can’t figure this one out really easily, I’ll probably go pro when I get one.
The STH demo is child’s play compared to the TK lock.
If I hit a shot clean, it should go. This one isn’t always going if the shot is clean.

If it helps, my machine rejected less than 10% of CLEAN shots right out of the box. Adding the DIY mod cut from an old plastic protector put that at 5%, maybe less. Almost every time mine rejects, I know it was my own fault.

I'm sure the pro is still a damn fine machine, but the premium upgrades on this one are HUGE, and having lived with them awhile, I really can't imagine not having them. It isn't eye-candy like Stranger Things...these are real game changers for the better.

#6286 3 years ago

Yeah. I like the added features too. It’s also nice that the rubber on the right ball guide kicks to the left flipper so you don’t have bump it off the rail every time.

#6287 3 years ago

Even IF the ramp has issues I'd still go premium, and I've been Pro my whole life.

But it can be fucking frustrating. I had no battles left and had to keep hitting Dr Strange to spot me an Avenger instead trusting that ramp

#6288 3 years ago

Yeah this game has way to much going on that I’d be so pissed that a ramp reject killed me. Haha. This game is good in that there aren’t any cheap drains at all. Even if that ramp rejects. But for now I’m completely avoiding that ramp. Hopefully we can make it a lot better.

#6289 3 years ago

I love the CM ramp on my Premium. On mine a clean shot will loop nicely, but I feel your pain if you hit it clean and it don't loop. Its a shot that still don't get old shooting.

#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah this game has way to much going on that I’d be so pissed that a ramp reject killed me. Haha. This game is good in that there aren’t any cheap drains at all. Even if that ramp rejects. But for now I’m completely avoiding that ramp. Hopefully we can make it a lot better.

The Captain Marvel ramp is awesome! Such a fun shot it's a shame you are avoiding it. The Lexan or aftermarket fix just make the shot smoother with no more falling through the back and also getting a fair amount of rejects. The design of the ramp will still result in rejects if the shot isn't strong enough... the ball is going straight up!

Sounds like the premium you play could use the ramp fix to improve the play. May not be possible to add the fix if it's a location game. The images/video of the Pre/LE on Stern's site show a different wireform design for the Captain Marvel ramp. It's this change on production models with the one wire stopping well short of the ramp that creates a hole and causes many rejects or the ball to actually fall through and the fix closes the hole.

Now the cheap drains actually can be an issue... the outlanes are known to be very hungry on any AIQ model. The positioning of the outlane post lower than the sling post can create an easy drain.

I haven't had an opportunity to play the Pro model yet, so I can't directly comment on it.

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

The Captain Marvel ramp is awesome! Such a fun shot it's a shame you are avoiding it. The Lexan or aftermarket fix just make the shot smoother with no more falling through the back and also getting a fair amount of rejects. The design of the ramp will still result in rejects if the shot isn't strong enough... the ball is going straight up!
Sounds like the premium you play could use the ramp fix to improve the play. May not be possible to add the fix if it's a location game. The images/video of the Pre/LE on Stern's site show a different wireform design for the Captain Marvel ramp. It's this change on production models with the one wire stopping well short of the ramp that creates a hole and causes many rejects or the ball to actually fall through and the fix closes the hole.
Now the cheap drains actually can be an issue... the outlanes are known to be very hungry on any AIQ model. The positioning of the outlane post lower than the sling post can create an easy drain.
I haven't had an opportunity to play the Pro model yet, so I can't directly comment on it.

I've got a Premium - early on someone said to keep the playfield clean and waxed. It really is a big deal. Even that simply step alone leads to many more clean CM ramp shots...

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Now the cheap drains actually can be an issue... the outlanes are known to be very hungry on any AIQ model.

Not the case on the one I play at all. The design around the outlanes are very friendly for nudging. And rarely do misses drain you if you’re on it.

#6293 3 years ago

My cm ramp has zero rejects if the shot is accurate. Only when the shot is slightly off does it rattle and reject.

#6294 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not the case on the one I play at all. The design around the outlanes are very friendly for nudging. And rarely do misses drain you if you’re on it.

that’s how i would describe mine too. it’s very fair at the outlanes and after misses.

#6295 3 years ago

I bought the mod, but didn't end up installing it because I was happy with the way it played after I removed and reinstalled the ramp.

The awesome EaglePin helped me with some photos of his, since he wasn't complaining about his, and I was definitely not happy with mine.

I went from hating the game and thinking about selling it, to finishing the whole game and saying it might end up being bolted to the floor!

The ramp is a very important part of the game, and when rejects go SDTM as was the case with my game, it quickly sucks the fun out of it.

Fix the ramp, new game!

#6296 3 years ago

What exactly did you adjust when reinstalling the ramp? Did you make sure certain aspects were aligned a certain way?

I know you said recenter it, but can you be more specific?

Thanks!

#6297 3 years ago

Yea let's hear it so I can give it a wHirl tomorris.

#6298 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

the code in my opinion is better in the premium, the combos are more fun, better flow... you really have to play to see it... this game is a premium game in my opinion.

#6299 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What exactly did you adjust when reinstalling the ramp? Did you make sure certain aspects were aligned a certain way?
I know you said recenter it, but can you be more specific?
Thanks!

I recently took all my ramps out to install mylar under the flaps. I did not notice anything weird on this ramp, so unless his was not bolted down properly there is not much to 'adjust' the ramp is held down to the PF with 2 or 3 bolts/nuts under the pf and there are also 2 screws that held the ball guides for Thor.

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

the code in my opinion is better in the premium, the combos are more fun, better flow... you really have to play to see it... this game is a premium game in my opinion.

Pretty sure the code is the same on both games, but I could be wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, SC
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
6,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.