04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 255.
#6201 3 years ago

I just had my first 450+ million game and got to do the black order MB and defend the gems. It was a lot of fun.
Maybe the sounds and music are a bit underwhelming for sure but it was a lot of fun just trying to get the shots.

I do agree with a lot of people that the game is still lacking better music and callouts during these parts of the game. It takes a lot of work to get to it — for me at least — and I wish there was more stuff happening, better callouts, thanos really mocking u when you miss a shot, etc.
Avengers callouts could improve too, as you are almost done with a mode I wish there were other auditive cues as to how close you are to defeating your opponent or being defeated, with callouts indicating one way or the other. The game can be cery fast so looking at the screen can cost losing the game/ball.

#6202 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I bought them for my Pro, but for the Premium I was thinking there's just a bit too much of that same Thanos image: each side of the cabinet and then the right inside of the cabinet. If I would have went with a Premium I definitely wouldn't have been as quick to order the Stern ones (but still might have).

I have the Stern blades on my premium and absolutely love them. Yeah, it's a little Thanosy, but the rest of the Black Order are there too, which is cool. I really like how it's the good guys on one side, the bad guys on the other. The art style and colors are a perfect match, obviously being done by ZY. They have a very cohesive feel, and look like they came with the machine. I am not personally a fan of the other options I have seen, but that's just my preference.

#6203 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Pro owner. I've seen a few posts that reference the same issue I'm having, which is that the spinning disc has a wobble. The "disc leveling" PDF from stern, and their associated adjustment kit, affects only disc height relative to playfield, but seemingly does nothing for wobble. I've disassembled the whole mech and my issue is that when the post is screwed into the disc scoop, there is a wobble. The post is not orthogonal to the plane of the scoop. So no amount of leveling fixes it. Distro and stern have provided no help. Anyone else with this issue come up with a hack? I've gotten it to where there are no more airballs, but the lack of flushness affects how the ball rolls over the disc. Thanks for any help.

They are sending me a new disk hopefully level. I do have it now where there are no air balls but the ball will get stuck on the ring once in a while.

#6204 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Iron Man’s arc reactor symbol

Shows how big of an Iron Man fan I am. lol Anways, thanks for sharing. I'm gonna go with these over the Stern Thanos wallpaper blades. I prefer blades that feel like an extension of the playfield and help to close up the world under the glass.

#6205 3 years ago

Have people been adding washers under the ball guides to protect the playfield from wear/chipping? If so, where are the trouble spots?

#6206 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Have people been adding washers under the ball guides to protect the playfield from wear/chipping? If so, where are the trouble spots?

The ant man scoop and Thor Multiball.

#6207 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I bought them for my Pro, but for the Premium I was thinking there's just a bit too much of that same Thanos image: each side of the cabinet and then the right inside of the cabinet. If I would have went with a Premium I definitely wouldn't have been as quick to order the Stern ones (but still might have).

I really like the Stern art blades on my premium. My machine is between two others, so I don't really get to see the full sides of the cabinet.

#6208 3 years ago

I went with the Retro Refurbs ones on my Premium. Slightly less in your face with Thanos which I like.

20210326_092337 (resized).jpg20210326_092337 (resized).jpg20210326_092400 (resized).jpg20210326_092400 (resized).jpg
#6209 3 years ago

First time for this - went for the Mind Gem and failed, got the Time Gem, got a Hawkeye Challenge, changed difficulty to hard (Marksman?), nailed it, and the victory music came on and I was able to collect the Mind Gem. Is that a glitch, or does the harder Hawkeye Challenge give you a failed gem?

#6210 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

First time for this - went for the Mind Gem and failed, got the Time Gem, got a Hawkeye Challenge, changed difficulty to hard (Marksman?), nailed it, and the victory music came on and I was able to collect the Mind Gem. Is that a glitch, or does the harder Hawkeye Challenge give you a failed gem?

I only had the game for a couple of weeks and this has been happening to me but with the Soul gem, even when not getting it during the soul gem mode, I do not know what I am doing after and sometimes I get the Soul gem regardless.... weird.

I am also having hung up when I have 2 balls in the portal, if I drain, the game does not register the drain, instead it starts searching for a missing ball and it eventually spits one ball out of the portal and continue playing normally until I drain.

I am running the latest code. Other than that I did not notice anything else.

#6211 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I only had the game for a couple of weeks and this has been happening to me but with the Soul gem, even when not getting it during the soul gem mode, I do not know what I am doing after and sometimes I get the Soul gem regardless.... weird.
I am also having hung up when I have 2 balls in the portal, if I drain, the game does not register the drain, instead it starts searching for a missing ball and it eventually spits one ball out of the portal and continue playing normally until I drain.
I am running the latest code. Other than that I did not notice anything else.

The portal thing is a pretty common issue with earlier-run games. The walking mech has an issue. Look to see if the finger furthest to the right is sticking up like the others. On mine it was stuck half-way down and as a result that first ball did not register and the machine would get confused...

#6212 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740#heading--hawkeyechallenge

#6214 3 years ago

Any mod solution for the flimsy looking blue Thore light up tower (right side of play field) on the pro model? It reminds me of the factory Sanctum.
Or the light up/gem Thanos glove in the back of the play field on the pro model?

#6215 3 years ago

Finally got my tdiddy Captain Marvel ramp fix and oh my it makes that shot much more satisfying now! A hard shot will always go around instead of rejecting! Super happy with it!

#6216 3 years ago

Does anyone else have a problem with the BP shot? I own a Pro and the BP shot likes to reject or rattle. Seems like this is mostly caused by the metal guides to the right and left.

Just wondering if anyone else in here has adjusted things to make the shot more smooth and consistent and has some advice of what i might be able to do to properly achieve this before i try taking things apart on my own. Thanks!

#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

The portal thing is a pretty common issue with earlier-run games. The walking mech has an issue. Look to see if the finger furthest to the right is sticking up like the others. On mine it was stuck half-way down and as a result that first ball did not register and the machine would get confused...

this only happens to me when I have only 2 portal locks, it never happens with one portal lock.
Is the issue you mention with any portal locks? or just two?

#6219 3 years ago

this only happens to me when I have only 2 portal locks, it never happens with one portal lock.
Is the issue you mention with any portal locks? or just two?

2 - when only one lock the ball sits properly over the middle sensor. With two, the first ball indexes to the far right and gets lost. Again, the evidence would be the position of the far right finger not being upright like to two to the left.

#6220 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

2 - when only one lock the ball sits properly over the middle sensor. With two, the first ball indexes to the far right and gets lost. Again, the evidence would be the position of the far right finger not being upright like to two to the left.

than you, will inspect this right now. How do I fix it? I have not figured out the easiest way to search for things on threads here yet.

#6221 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I just inspected the leg, they all look the same... mmmh...

#6222 3 years ago

If yours is a recently-produced machine, the walking mech issues should have been resolved. Might be a different issue that I have not experienced...

#6223 3 years ago

It won't be when the ball is in there, it happens on many machines (including mine), simple test is to open the coindoor, pull the mains interupt switch, raise the portal disc, start the subway test, throw a ball in the portal, and push the mains switch exactly when the ball enters the last position, then go into switch test and see if the opto sees the ball (probably not). The problem is if you just do the test it will pass, because the ball rolls before the opto so it thinks it works, but it goes off again, only you don't notice it because directly the mechanism fires again, that's why you have to push the switch at the right moment to be able to see.
There's no official fix unfortunately, the play in the fingers is just too much, so they slide next to the lifting device and then don't come up all the way. some have used electrical tape to make the fingers thicker, I tried som washers, but in the end I just left the mechanism out. It plays faster, you can skip the endless mode start animations, and the clunky-clunk sound gets annoying after a while anyway. And there is no difference in play other than that the balls you lock are not physically locked and thus are fed from the through when you start a mode, but they end up on the right flipper also (if your autoplunger works fine).
No settings need to be adjusted, some put the mechanism in pass through, but this is not necessary, this would only be if you still have the mechanism in, but you don't want the balls to stay locked, then it will always walk them completely through.

#6224 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

If yours is a recently-produced machine, the walking mech issues should have been resolved. Might be a different issue that I have not experienced...

Who says so? I have asked many times, and still get the answer that there is NO modified part for the walking mechanism available. The only thing they have modified is the plastic subway, this has a cut now so that the ball does not stay there when there is still another ball in the vuk that has to be fired first.
But that's a different issue.
If there was a modified version I would be happy to see some pics, which so far I didn't see.

#6225 3 years ago
Quoted from Joker:

Does anyone else have a problem with the BP shot? I own a Pro and the BP shot likes to reject or rattle. Seems like this is mostly caused by the metal guides to the right and left.
Just wondering if anyone else in here has adjusted things to make the shot more smooth and consistent and has some advice of what i might be able to do to properly achieve this before i try taking things apart on my own. Thanks!

I moved the steel bracket a little no more ratteling

#6226 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

It won't be when the ball is in there, it happens on many machines (including mine), simple test is to open the coindoor, pull the mains interupt switch, raise the portal disc, start the subway test, throw a ball in the portal, and push the mains switch exactly when the ball enters the last position, then go into switch test and see if the opto sees the ball (probably not). The problem is if you just do the test it will pass, because the ball rolls before the opto so it thinks it works, but it goes off again, only you don't notice it because directly the mechanism fires again, that's why you have to push the switch at the right moment to be able to see.
There's no official fix unfortunately, the play in the fingers is just too much, so they slide next to the lifting device and then don't come up all the way. some have used electrical tape to make the fingers thicker, I tried som washers, but in the end I just left the mechanism out. It plays faster, you can skip the endless mode start animations, and the clunky-clunk sound gets annoying after a while anyway. And there is no difference in play other than that the balls you lock are not physically locked and thus are fed from the through when you start a mode, but they end up on the right flipper also (if your autoplunger works fine).
No settings need to be adjusted, some put the mechanism in pass through, but this is not necessary, this would only be if you still have the mechanism in, but you don't want the balls to stay locked, then it will always walk them completely through.

I get where you are coming from but I paid $1500 for this and I refuse to workaround its malfunction by not using it

#6227 3 years ago

I get where you are coming from but I paid $1500 for this and I refuse to workaround its malfunction by not using it

Totally agree of course, and I still expect them to come up with some kind of solution, but for now I just leave it out, it saves me some annoyance, the level of difficulty that this pin has already gives me enough of that

#6228 3 years ago

If the fingers are sticking up (even a little until vibration wiggles them loose can throw off the timing of the ball movement), you can sand the inside of the slot on the plastic trough. Mine was hanging just a bit once in awhile against one side of the slot. Didn't take much sanding to allow them to move freely up and down. A little lube on the joints of the mech doesn't hurt either. It's a sloppy mech with a lot of moving parts and tolerances too loose to keep everything perfect. A little tweaking should help though if you can figure out where it is hanging up. Good luck!

#6229 3 years ago

Here is what I've noticed with the subway mech on my premium. I had the original version of the subway (the center slot did not extend all the way to the end) and the problem I had was with balls getting hung up on the lip at the edge of the slot. I tried filing the edge to remove the lip and that did help a bit, but not completely.

Then I got the replacement subway that has the center slot extending all the way to the end. When I installed it, I knew I was still going to have issues as the center slot narrows as it approaches the vuk. You don't see this before installing, but it happens when installed. There is nothing at the end of the slot to prevent the two halves from naturally pushing together.

I think that this narrowing is now causing the teeth to get stuck sometimes, and I'm still having issues.

I've thought about gluing a narrow piece of plexi on the bottom of the subway just before the VUK - this would keep the slot width constant all the way to the vuk, and hopefully give the teeth enough clearance to not get stuck.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense - I don't have any photos yet. If I try this mod and it works I'll take some pics and share them.

#6230 3 years ago

I've had that issue with the walking mech from day 1, and finally just fixed it by moving a single washer, shown here. It probably would have been better to add a second one, but I didn't have the right size/thickness on hand. Walking mech problem has not happened since, but it has only been a week or so.

#6231 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

I've had that issue with the walking mech from day 1, and finally just fixed it by moving a single washer, shown here. It probably would have been better to add a second one, but I didn't have the right size/thickness on hand. Walking mech problem has not happened since, but it has only been a week or so.

I just pulled my walking mech to look at the subway and pretty much came to a similar conclusion. I had a second washer and I ended up placing it in a different location - on the backside of tooth 11. The basic problem is that the tooth 11 needs to be held up by piece 8, but there is too much slop and 8 can push up without taking 11 with it. Adding a washer behind tooth 11 keeps it away from the edge and makes better contact with 8.

I'm still planning on doing something with my subway itself to keep the slot wide enough. There isn't much room at the end so that may be tricky.

Stern really needs to redesign the walking mech. It is clearly a poor design.

#6232 3 years ago
Quoted from TinyBlackDog:

I just pulled my walking mech to look at the subway and pretty much came to a similar conclusion. I had a second washer and I ended up placing it in a different location - on the backside of tooth 11. The basic problem is that the tooth 11 needs to be held up by piece 8, but there is too much slop and 8 can push up without taking 11 with it. Adding a washer behind tooth 11 keeps it away from the edge and makes better contact with 8.
I'm still planning on doing something with my subway itself to keep the slot wide enough. There isn't much room at the end so that may be tricky.
Stern really needs to redesign the walking mech. It is clearly a poor design.

It's unfortunate that many Pre/LE owners are having issues with the subway. Luckily I've never had any issues with the subway in my first run Premium I've had since early November and have ~1800 plays on. I have had it all apart a couple times as I added additional RGB lighting.

The mechanism has some adjustability in it, so make sure the fingers aren't catching on the white plastic. Some have also had the subway optos wired out of order which can cause issues.

The worst I've had is a very rare ball stuck in the subway right before the VUK since mine doesn't have the complete slot... a minor shake and the ball rolls into the VUK.

#6233 3 years ago

Any rules nerds in here?

So I have the mind gem on a level 2 avenger.

Start a 3x gem quest, add iron man and Thor. Got all kinds of craziness going on. I hit the lock bar button. I get all lit shots awarded at their multiplied values?

#6234 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any rules nerds in here?
Start a 3x gem quest, add iron man and Thor. Got all kinds of craziness going on. I hit the lock bar button. I get all lit shots awarded at their multiplied values?

I thought Thor and Iron Man couldn't be run together, but other than that yes I think with Mind Gem on L2 you get all lit shots at current values when you press it.

#6235 3 years ago
Quoted from CaffeineSlug:

It would have to be micro thin, I tried adding a very thin metal washer and it bound things up. I am going to try your move idea now though, my previous adjustments worked for awhile and we’re back to it slipping again.

#6236 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Any rules nerds in here?

Quoted from EaglePin:

I thought Thor and Iron Man couldn't be run together, but other than that yes I think with Mind Gem on L2 you get all lit shots at current values when you press it.

Yeah, Either Iron Man or Thor, but not both together.

L2 Mind gem acts like the "Super Boom" in Deadpool - awards all lit shots.

#6237 3 years ago

Sweet. Just making sure if shit is multiplied too I get those multiplied values, not base values.

#6238 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sweet. Just making sure if shit is multiplied too I get those multiplied values, not base values.

I believe multiplied values are collected... I have used an L2 Mind Gem in Reality Gem quest... spin the disk to get the 7x multiplier and hit the Boom button!!!

#6239 3 years ago

You read my mind. Haha. Just started to get time on this game. Didn’t get to play it at all last year. Such a good game.

#6240 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I believe multiplied values are collected... I have used an L2 Mind Gem in Reality Gem quest... spin the disk to get the 7x multiplier and hit the Boom button!!!

I got about 93M for a button push: L2 Mind Gem, 3x scoring from 2 portal locks, Iron Man MB running with jackpot ready, spin the disc & press the button.

#6241 3 years ago

I'm considering buying this game but the call outs are very annoying, especially Capt Marvel. Has anyone done replacement call outs for this game?

#6242 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

I'm considering buying this game but the call outs are very annoying, especially Capt Marvel. Has anyone done replacement call outs for this game?

Not aware of anyone doing replacement call out. I have had this game since November - the callouts are not legendary, but would certainly not keep me from wanting to buy this game or keep it in my collection.

#6243 3 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Not yet. Sound and callouts are very important to me as well. I’ve toggled purchasing on that point alone. I suppose you get used to it with more plays.
This one would really benefit from an alternate mix (other than Hulk), it’s just too good of a pin!

#6244 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Not yet. Sound and callouts are very important to me as well. I’ve toggled purchasing on that point alone. I suppose you get used to it with more plays.
This game would really benefit from an alternate mix (other than Hulk), just too good of a pin!

Agree completely. I bought a Prem before I had played the game, and on the first night, I found the callouts and music off-putting - a real letdown. I've gotten over it and am really appreciating the game for what it is, but it could really go over the top with an audio overhaul.

#6245 3 years ago

Music and callouts overall aren't bad IMHO, but some of the modes are pretty flat. Iron Man's callouts in time gem sound like an office intern complaining at a meeting. OTOH reality gem music and voices sound pretty good. I like the mode select and soul gem tunes, others are pretty plain and uninspiring.

The game's rules and layout make up for the audio in spades however.

#6246 3 years ago

What is the secret to getting these posts oit and then back in? My Socket won't fit around the actual post. Trying trying to put in a set of cliffy protectors. Thanks!

20210327_125601 (resized).jpg20210327_125601 (resized).jpg
#6247 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

What is the secret to getting these posts oit and then back in? My Socket won't fit around the actual post. Trying trying to put in a set of cliffy protectors. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Deep well socket or wrench.

#6248 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I got about 93M for a button push: L2 Mind Gem, 3x scoring from 2 portal locks, Iron Man MB running with jackpot ready, spin the disc & press the button.

Feels great when you can get it all setup for the L2 Mind gem and actually pull it off!

79A45EC9-19C3-4EC3-B852-2E3F91E69D16 (resized).jpeg79A45EC9-19C3-4EC3-B852-2E3F91E69D16 (resized).jpeg
#6249 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Deep well socket or wrench.

Yep, just put the cliffy on the other day. Deep socket does the trick.

#6250 3 years ago

When I got my replacement subway (the one with the slot cut all the way to the end) I noticed that the two halves near the VUK were being pushed together after installing. This contributed to the teeth closest to the VUK getting stuck up when they should have been dropping. Yesterday I came up with a simple solution that seems to be working so far.

I cut a small piece of Lexan and epoxied it to the bottom of the subway to keep the slot at a constant width when installed, The Lexan is very narrow so as not to interfere with the metal cover that is installed over the subway. Here are some before and after pics.

This wasn't enough to completely solve my issue. I also had to add a washer behind one of the teeth in the mech (see my post above on how I did that - https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/125#post-6205345)

I've only played a handful of games so far, but my subway FINALLY seems to be performing as intended. Fingers crossed that it stays that way.

IMG_0166 (resized).jpegIMG_0166 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0167 (resized).jpegIMG_0168 (resized).jpegIMG_0168 (resized).jpegIMG_0169 (resized).jpegIMG_0169 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,250 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

7,550 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/125?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.