04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 255.
#6151 3 years ago

Agreed - I have the Premium. Capt. Marvel shot is fine - just take care of your table, keep it clean, and wax it from time to time. There are also some mods which you can install which make the shot more forgiving. AIQ is a phenomenal game - you will not be disappointed.

#6152 3 years ago
Quoted from jwtcmu9316:

...complaining about the Captain Marvel ramp. Is it really that bad?

It can be an annoying issue on some machines it seems.

tdiddy makes a mod for it and it's selling like hotcakes...So you can assume the issue is a real thing on some machines.

I'm not kicking it out the door because of it so I wouldn;t avoid it if I were you.

#6153 3 years ago

Question

On my premium i thought that the glove with all the gems would stay unlight then once you lost a gem quest it would light in thanos glove depending on what gem you just lost.

My glove always has all the gems light up nothing seems to change them. Also they seem like they have a faint flicker like something is wrong.

Thanks

#6154 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Question
On my premium i thought that the glove with all the gems would stay unlight then once you lost a gem quest it would light in thanos glove depending on what gem you just lost.
My glove always has all the gems light up nothing seems to change them. Also they seem like they have a faint flicker like something is wrong.
Thanks

Not sure what to check, but what you thought should happen is what's supposed to happen. Thanos' glove lights up with each gem he takes from you.

#6155 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Question
Thanks

This is correct behavior. The flicker is due to the gauntlet gems being halfway lit, indicating they haven't been contested yet.

If you start a gem quest and win the gem, the gem lights on the playfield where you place it (because you have it), and unlights on the gauntlet. If you lose the quest, the gem goes fully-lit on the gauntlet (because Thanos has it)

#6156 3 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Question
Thanks

Its a dumb code. They are dimly lit at the beginning and go fully lit or off if you win or lose them. I agree that it can be hard to tell which are fully or partially lit. I wish they were just off unless you lose them

#6157 3 years ago
Quoted from jwtcmu9316:

Hey everyone, I played an AIQ Pro and loved it but I'm eyeing an AIQ Premium. However, the internet is filled with people complaining about the Captain Marvel ramp. Is it really that bad? Or is it just meant to be hit on a ball feed? It feels like it's keeping me from placing my order.

Like any pin it takes some tweaking to get it setup perfect. I’ve had no issues with marvel ramp but I put a plastic on the ramp (a clear version of tdiddy mod) and it made the shot even better, only bad shots get rejected now.

No regrets here with my LE, if you can go premium do it.!

#6158 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Its a dumb code. They are dimly lit at the beginning and go fully lit or off if you win or lose them. I agree that it can be hard to tell which are fully or partially lit. I wish they were just off unless you lose them

Same thing on the pro with the gauntlet plastic. I think they should be off by default, then maybe the gem mode being played should blink and then either light if you lose or go off again if you win.

#6159 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

?? how do you show three possible states with just off and on? No way to tell which gems haven't been played yet vs which Thanos has. Code is fine and I have no trouble differentiating between fully lit and half lit glove gems.

Play better, put them all on the playfield and you won't have to worry about it...

#6160 3 years ago
Quoted from jwtcmu9316:

Hey everyone, I played an AIQ Pro and loved it but I'm eyeing an AIQ Premium. However, the internet is filled with people complaining about the Captain Marvel ramp. Is it really that bad? Or is it just meant to be hit on a ball feed? It feels like it's keeping me from placing my order.

I have a Premium, and played a Pro again for the first time in a while this weekend at a local tournament....the lack of the rising portal shot and the missing CM ramp really degrades the game play. Premium all day everyday on this one!!

#6161 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

i made a little video of the spots where the wireform is wide enough to let a ball out. I’m not very concerned about this. It’s only come out of the top one a few times. I doubt it could ever come out of the lower one. Only following up because i did have a ball stuck at the other wireform once or twice. Jediturtle are you saying yours is too narrow to let a ball out of even the top spot?
edit: i couldn’t upload video so here are photos of the 2 spots instead.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine is like yours, the ball can and will fall out the upper bend, it is only retained into the ramp once you are past the bend, not before, and certainly not right after the Flexi thing in (plastic) in front.

#6162 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

?? how do you show three possible states with just off and on? No way to tell which gems haven't been played yet vs which Thanos has. Code is fine and I have no trouble differentiating between fully lit and half lit glove gems.
Play better, put them all on the playfield and you won't have to worry about it...

Calm your hostility about 60% lol. I was letting another AIQ owner know his game plays as intended.
As for your three phase statement, I maintain that a lit or unlit gem would be clearest.
If they arent lit on the guantlet or the playfield, they havent been played. Process of elimination. Simple and clear. I could see a blinder mod of sorts being made to at least stop the light bleed between gems as they are lit now.

#6163 3 years ago

Yeah didn't mean to come off that way, sorry but I do think it's fine the way it is. Maybe the dim state needs to be more pronounced?

#6164 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah didn't mean to come off that way, sorry but I do think it's fine the way it is. Maybe the dim state needs to be more pronounced?

Maybe it's my eyes, but the dim state bothers them. It's super fast flicker instead of just a dim state. Probably limitations of the leds like a ghosting led in a system 11 or something. Or if you don't have a led ocd in a spiderman how the different states of the villain inserts are not discernable.

Side note: do any other recent Stern games that are not KME games make use of the backbox leds? The light shows on his games are great because they flash and pulse and dim and fade the backbox and I don't recall that happening on other designer's games.

#6165 3 years ago

The glove setup on the PreLe on all levels is pretty lame . I think most of us can agree with that.

Still a freak'n awesome game.

#6166 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Side note: do any other recent Stern games that are not KME games make use of the backbox leds? The light shows on his games are great because they flash and pulse and dim and fade the backbox and I don't recall that happening on other designer's games.

Played GOT Pro today. I don't remember it fading but the backbox light turns on and off.

#6167 3 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Maybe the dim state needs to be more pronounced?

Maybe it's my eyes, but the dim state bothers them. It's super fast flicker instead of just a dim state. Probably limitations of the leds like a ghosting led in a system 11 or something. Or if you don't have a led ocd in a spiderman how the different states of the villain inserts are not discernable.

If the gauntlet gems pulsed more with a gradual fade from off to full bright and off again it could possibly better represent the “not challenged this gem” mode.

#6168 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

While there is a story, this and the voice acting are BY FAR the weakest aspects of AIQ. Hobbit is a major production. The audio and video assets are stellar. If you're a nerd about Hobbit - that game is a dream in terms of encompassing you in the Hobbit world. AIQ feels kinda thin in this regard. If you like Avengers because of the movies, you'll feel let down. I don't mind the comic aspect, but I don't feel drawn into the storyline. I know if I win a mode I get the gem and if I lose Thanos takes it, but I don't feel much adrenalin good or bad based on winning or losing a battle.

I love AIQ! With that said - The one area to me that it is lacking is really the music. There are no modes with upbeat music that revs you up and gets your heart pounding.

Especially in the home environment where you can turn up the volume a bit.

After playing AIQ and then playing Deadpool, the music difference is incredible. Deadpool has very upbeat music that really pulls you in. That’s what AIQ is missing.

#6169 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Mine is like yours, the ball can and will fall out the upper bend, it is only retained into the ramp once you are past the bend, not before, and certainly not right after the Flexi thing in (plastic) in front.

i did your washer fix so at least i won’t have to pop the glass if it happens again. still thinking about trying to bend the wireform.

#6170 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

If the gauntlet gems pulsed more with a gradual fade from off to full bright and off again it could possibly better represent the “not challenged this gem” mode.

I was just going to post this. The flicker is very hard to see, but a slow pulse over a larger range of brightness would be perfect.

#6171 3 years ago

WOW...I didn't even realize the gems had this "unplayed" pulsing state until this discussion. I literally thought they were off and just ghosting.

#6172 3 years ago

Anyone working on a music replacement code nowadays?

#6173 3 years ago
Quoted from heyitsjoebob:

Anyone working on a music replacement code nowadays?

I messaged Cleland about a music/callout replacement but I don’t think he’s doing one...

#6174 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I messaged Cleland about a music/callout replacement but I don’t think he’s doing one...

I wanted to start looking at it, but the current code doesn’t load in PBB tool yet.

#6175 3 years ago

Anyone had the issue of the disc spinning completely off of the mech? My whole disc spun off and onto the playfield, didnt get a pic. When I screwed it back on its nowhere close to level now. Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue and what did you do to fix it. Was having a killer game when it happened and dont want to lose like that again.

#6176 3 years ago
Quoted from allhokie3:

Anyone had the issue of the disc spinning completely off of the mech? My whole disc spun off and onto the playfield, didnt get a pic. When I screwed it back on its nowhere close to level now. Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue and what did you do to fix it. Was having a killer game when it happened and dont want to lose like that again.

Disc leveling instructions from Stern.

Spinning Disc Adjustment Procedure.pdfSpinning Disc Adjustment Procedure.pdf
#6177 3 years ago

For the Soul Gem Jackpot on the Pro, is it correct that if placed on the drops or Captain Marvel shot it's 50% of the previous Gem quest total?

My understanding is that on the Premium, now that you can add a multiplier to the Captain Marvel Ramp, you could cash out the Soul Jackpot for up to 4X or 200% of your previous Gem Quest total.

#6178 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Disc leveling instructions from Stern.
[quoted image]

My disc is slightly higher than the pf only when the post is on the left. At that point, the right of the disc is a little above the pf only on the right. If it spins around 180 degrees, everything is perfect. I tried using those screws to adjust and all it does is move the plastic outer ring up and down, not the disc.

#6179 3 years ago

My disc is slightly higher than the pf only when the post is on the left. At that point, the right of the disc is a little above the pf only on the right. If it spins around 180 degrees, everything is perfect. I tried using those screws to adjust and all it does is move the plastic outer ring up and down, not the disc.

I found that too. I had to somewhat push to bend the rod to help level it. It last for a few weeks and then ya have to do it again.

#6180 3 years ago

Click the .pdf for additional 2 pages of instructions. I placed vinyl washers under vinyl leveling bushing to level front to back.

#6181 3 years ago

One other issue I'm seeing is that on a full plunge, auto plunge or full BP shot, occasionally, the ball will fall off the wireform that crosses the pf and feeds the right flipper. It seems to drop right before the last turn before it would go to the inlane.

#6182 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Click the .pdf for additional 2 pages of instructions. I placed vinyl washers under vinyl leveling bushing to level front to back.

Thank you. Didn't register that the pic was only for leveling the outer ring.

#6183 3 years ago

One other issue I'm seeing is that on a full plunge, auto plunge or full BP shot, occasionally, the ball will fall off the wireform that crosses the pf and feeds the right flipper. It seems to drop right before the last turn before it would go to the inlane.

Take a look in the key posts at the top of the page... the fix for this works well!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/22#post-5899526

#6184 3 years ago

Pro owner. I've seen a few posts that reference the same issue I'm having, which is that the spinning disc has a wobble. The "disc leveling" PDF from stern, and their associated adjustment kit, affects only disc height relative to playfield, but seemingly does nothing for wobble. I've disassembled the whole mech and my issue is that when the post is screwed into the disc scoop, there is a wobble. The post is not orthogonal to the plane of the scoop. So no amount of leveling fixes it. Distro and stern have provided no help. Anyone else with this issue come up with a hack? I've gotten it to where there are no more airballs, but the lack of flushness affects how the ball rolls over the disc. Thanks for any help.

#6185 3 years ago
Quoted from jlock:

Pro owner. I've seen a few posts that reference the same issue I'm having, which is that the spinning disc has a wobble. The "disc leveling" PDF from stern, and their associated adjustment kit, affects only disc height relative to playfield, but seemingly does nothing for wobble. I've disassembled the whole mech and my issue is that when the post is screwed into the disc scoop, there is a wobble. The post is not orthogonal to the plane of the scoop. So no amount of leveling fixes it. Distro and stern have provided no help. Anyone else with this issue come up with a hack? I've gotten it to where there are no more airballs, but the lack of flushness affects how the ball rolls over the disc. Thanks for any help.

My prem was off by close to a centimeter. i added two vinyl washers under the white bushing. Now it’s off by millimeters at best. virtually flat. Here is a picture of one washer. the other is on the other side and can’t be seen. Not sure whether something like this would work on a Pro.
5E43436C-E729-49F7-930C-AC9F9594A115 (resized).jpeg5E43436C-E729-49F7-930C-AC9F9594A115 (resized).jpeg

#6186 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

For the Soul Gem Jackpot on the Pro, is it correct that if placed on the drops or Captain Marvel shot it's 50% of the previous Gem quest total?
My understanding is that on the Premium, now that you can add a multiplier to the Captain Marvel Ramp, you could cash out the Soul Jackpot for up to 4X or 200% of your previous Gem Quest total.

I think that’s right, sgj is 50% on the drops or cm, but now it can be boosted on Cm via the multiplier. Earlier today, I got my best ever sgj (352M!) on a Cm shot. I think the Cm multiplier was at 4X. Then Thanos showed up and took my soul gem away. I hate that guy.

#6187 3 years ago

Any recommendations on the best art blades for AIQ Prem?

#6188 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Tiltgraphics versions blend in perfectly with the art on the playfield areas:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/avengers-infinity-quest-minus-gameblades

5894E443-E274-416F-9D28-7F0EB82B7C3B (resized).jpeg5894E443-E274-416F-9D28-7F0EB82B7C3B (resized).jpegA0835CCD-2CBF-4682-A5B3-834C394DA172 (resized).jpegA0835CCD-2CBF-4682-A5B3-834C394DA172 (resized).jpegC99955CC-D16A-4C55-A72D-D0861C8D21E4 (resized).jpegC99955CC-D16A-4C55-A72D-D0861C8D21E4 (resized).jpeg
#6189 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/avengers-infinity-quest-minus-gameblades[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That's cool. I don't think I've seen them installed with the playfield in view. I hadn't noticed how it carries the lines from the playfield up the walls.

#6190 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

i did your washer fix so at least i won’t have to pop the glass if it happens again. still thinking about trying to bend the wireform.

I reached out to Stern and got in touch with Pablo, they opened a ticket for me and they will look into it. I mentioned that the ramp is tight at the upper bend for some people (also it was mentioned here). I recommend that you reach out to Stern to let them know, the only way for them to fix your and future games is by people reaching out, and not by re-engineering games here on the forum... Of course I appreciate the tips and tricks to get a game going when something small like this happens...

I am just thinking bigger picture, how many hundreds of games have this issue with the ramp, and how is this going to affect operators until they find the simple fix?

At any rate, they will look at it, but the more people that reachs out about an issue makes the issue stand out -- will not be considered a ONE OFF -- and Stern will have to fix it with a bulletin and parts replacement program. IF you do not do this, we will continue adding washers to our games.

#6191 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I love my mirror blades. They really take the light show on this game to the next level!

205E3BB3-7271-4576-A2CE-3ED2E79B2C0D (resized).jpeg205E3BB3-7271-4576-A2CE-3ED2E79B2C0D (resized).jpeg3A1F0A7B-0F4C-4E8E-B551-C4827896004D (resized).jpeg3A1F0A7B-0F4C-4E8E-B551-C4827896004D (resized).jpegF404F33A-2599-4247-AD4C-9F80224E5A47 (resized).jpegF404F33A-2599-4247-AD4C-9F80224E5A47 (resized).jpeg
#6192 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I cancelled my Stern blades. One too many Thanos faces for the premium. I went with Star Trek blades and have recieved many compliments from friends. They tie in perfectly imo.

20200217_232309 (resized).jpg20200217_232309 (resized).jpg20210110_151929 (resized).jpg20210110_151929 (resized).jpg20210110_151943 (resized).jpg20210110_151943 (resized).jpg
#6193 3 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Anyone know if there is a place in this awesome thread that talks about adjusting the wireform that comes off the potbelly ramp to the upper flipper so the ball drops and goes along the ball guide to the flipper instead of dropping and trickling to the right away from the upper flipper?

Surprised this hasnt been brought up more frequently. Anyone have a solution for this? I did take a slow mo video if it helps, but basically the ball hits the end of the wireform, and goes where it wants to go. Mine only feeds the upper flipper clean about 50 percent of the time.

#6194 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Surprised this hasnt been brought up more frequently. Anyone have a solution for this? I did take a slow mo video if it helps, but basically the ball hits the end of the wireform, and goes where it wants to go. Mine only feeds the upper flipper clean about 50 percent of the time.

On mine it was a pretty simple tweak. Just loosened the nut holding the wireform, slightly moved it to adjust where the ball drops by a fraction of an inch, and re-tightened the nut to hold it in that spot. After doing that slight adjustment mine feeds very cleanly 90%+ of the time now.

#6195 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

https://www.tiltgraphicsinc.com/product-page/avengers-infinity-quest-minus-gameblades[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like how that lines up with the playfield. What are those circles with triangles in them? Not sure what that's supposed to be.

#6196 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Sterns official blades are the best without question!

#6197 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

On mine it was a pretty simple tweak. Just loosened the nut holding the wireform, slightly moved it to adjust where the ball drops by a fraction of an inch, and re-tightened the nut to hold it in that spot. After doing that slight adjustment mine feeds very cleanly 90%+ of the time now.

Thanks, I messed with that, but kind of went to the extreme and made it worse. I will keep playing with it. Much appreciated

#6198 3 years ago
Quoted from japespin:

I like how that lines up with the playfield. What are those circles with triangles in them? Not sure what that's supposed to be.

Iron Man’s arc reactor symbol

#6199 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

you can bend the ramps hook slightly so it forces the ramp to come down closer to the PF, a light bend is only needed. I did it on mine and saw and improvement however it is not perfect.
This is something that should are brought up to Stern as well imho!

#6200 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Sterns official blades are the best without question!

I bought them for my Pro, but for the Premium I was thinking there's just a bit too much of that same Thanos image: each side of the cabinet and then the right inside of the cabinet. If I would have went with a Premium I definitely wouldn't have been as quick to order the Stern ones (but still might have).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,924 (OBO)
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/124?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.