04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 255.
#6101 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Love this game. So fun in a home environment. This is my first stern so I have one question.
I hear a fan in the back box. When the fan is on it is a surprisingly loud whirring noise. It’s obviously the fan with how it turns off and on during play or between games. Is this normal for sterns and I haven’t noticed in bars before. Or is this something I should look into?

Perfectly normal. Pinmonk sells a "quiet fan" if you want to replace it.

#6102 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Love this game. So fun in a home environment. This is my first stern so I have one question.
I hear a fan in the back box. When the fan is on it is a surprisingly loud whirring noise. It’s obviously the fan with how it turns off and on during play or between games. Is this normal for sterns and I haven’t noticed in bars before. Or is this something I should look into?

Yup, this is totally normal. Stern uses cheap power supply fans so if you don't want to hear it, PinMonk makes a quiet fan that you can swap out easily for only $16. I would also highly suggest his flipper cooler fans to eliminate flipper fade if you plan on playing your machine for more than 1 hour at a time.

https://pinmonk.com/collections/avengers-infinity-quest

#6103 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Normal. You can replace it with a quieter one, but it never bothered me.

#6104 3 years ago

I just Purchased a AIQ LE and the speakers pop loudly and sound cuts out for a second.It also seems to affect the lights. Has anyone had this problem and is this a simple fix like an update or something more serious. BTW This is my first machine.

#6105 3 years ago

I always replace my fans with Pinmonk’s quiet kit.

#6106 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Normal, unfortunately. I put Pinmonk fans on all my Sterns:

https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-spike-system-plug-n-play-quiet-fan-kit.html

It is a simple mod that will fix the problem.

AND that’s what I get for not reading to the end of the thread. Answered multiple times already

#6107 3 years ago

Turn on the TV or another game

#6108 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Couldn't agree with you more.
The game is awesome and very complete rules wise. It just lacks a bit of polish to the presentation at times.
The specialness of a mini wizard mode needs to be celebrated. And it can be done in many ways (color changing lighting, dimmed lighting, epic sound effects, tense music, unique call outs, and mechanically).
Think of the great modes in games like you mentioned.
The flashing lighting in Winter has Come in GOT makes you feel like you are in a snow storm. Just perfect theme integration.
Love the GI lighting effects in Fade to Black and Enter Sandman modes in Metallica. Plus the "Jack F#ckin' Pot!" makes me smile every single time.
In Star Wars, Dwight does a great job of making Escape from Boba Fett feel completely different from Lightsaber Duel and battling the Emperor just through GI lighting. Also, its so smart to hold the ball on the last shot to destroy the death star to get the big payoff on the LE / premium.
Horde is amazing because of the dark pulsing lighting that is matched to the sound effects. It actually builds tension.
Destroy the Ring is great for many reasons - the tense unique music with the "grunt" and yelling call outs that make you feel like you are battling Gollum. And I absolutely love the payoff of all the mechanisms firing after you complete the mode. There is ZERO doubt that you finished the mode and it feels great.
Its all the little things in these modes that makes them feel special. For those of us who play pinball for the modes and completion (not points or competition) those are the moments we chase like a drug.
In AIQ, there are modes that lack this polish.
There are times when you complete a gem mode (e.g. in a multiball) and you have no idea that you completed it. This is a decent accomplishment and should have more fanfare. IMO there should be no doubt that you finished the mode (i.e. through a distinctive sound - or at the very least a sound effect that is a lot louder).
The screen display when you start Black Order MB is a bland generic space scene. At the very least show who you are battling.
Another minor nit pick is that there is a great pulsing lighting effect when you start all gem modes EXCEPT for soul gem. Its cool that the lighting goes from blue to green, but then it should pulse green like the other modes.
There are great moments in the game (e.g. the lighting and sound effects in Gamma Ray) but less so in the moments that really deserve it.
I hope they are able / willing to add a few more touches to the game.
Rant over.

I'm totally agree with you, the strobing effect on the white bulbs should be used elsewhere than on the match screen. It could provide a rewarding feedback to the player when a shot is made or a mode completed.

On portal lock, the shaker could be synced with the progress of the ball to make this moment more unique.

Otherwise, the sound FX one the vuk eject is too subtle.

Deadpool has some simpler ruleset but provides excellent feedback to the gamer, this is what AIQ needs now.

#6109 3 years ago
Quoted from MartinAcoustic:

I just Purchased a AIQ LE and the speakers pop loudly and sound cuts out for a second.It also seems to affect the lights. Has anyone had this problem and is this a simple fix like an update or something more serious. BTW This is my first machine.

Might be the pop associated with certain achievement - the Knocker simulation. Can turn this off in the settings. Kind of sounds like a loud static pop.

#6110 3 years ago
Quoted from JRBBRJ:

Very normal for modern sterns. Loud fans; there an aftermarket kit you can swap/quiter fan if you really want; you'll get used to it.

#6111 3 years ago

New AIQ mod launching

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-aiq-black-widow-ramp-chrysler-building-mod#post-6197735

20210321_195219 (resized).jpg20210321_195219 (resized).jpg20210321_195301 (resized).jpg20210321_195301 (resized).jpg20210321_195408 (resized).jpg20210321_195408 (resized).jpg20210321_203900 (resized).jpg20210321_203900 (resized).jpg
#6112 3 years ago

this happened for the 2nd time, it always happens when I am having a fantastic game and of course it ruins my score, as it is really hard to continue the game once this happens....

What is the best way to fix this? I tried bending the ramps to create some space in between but I did not succeed, of course I was being gently... I also tried to adjust the gauntlet ramp before the drop, just to try to bring it up... If the 2nd post of the gauntlet ramp was slightly higher I think this would solve the problem.

What is everybody else doing for this?

IMG_5679 (resized).jpegIMG_5679 (resized).jpegIMG_5680 (resized).jpegIMG_5680 (resized).jpeg
#6113 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

this happened for the 2nd time, it always happens when I am having a fantastic game and of course it ruins my score, as it is really hard to continue the game once this happens....
What is the best way to fix this? I tried bending the ramps to create some space in between but I did not succeed, of course I was being gently... I also tried to adjust the gauntlet ramp before the drop, just to try to bring it up... If the 2nd post of the gauntlet ramp was slightly higher I think this would solve the problem.
What is everybody else doing for this?[quoted image][quoted image]

One extra washer on the post near the captain marvel ramp worked for me.

#6114 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

New AIQ mod launching
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-aiq-black-widow-ramp-chrysler-building-mod#post-6197735
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I might have to order one when I reorder my captain marvel plastic that Auspost has misplaced! Only been a month! Fking posties

#6115 3 years ago

What is everybody else doing for this?[quoted image][quoted image]

Happens to me as well from time to time. I can usually quickly slide down the glass enough to grab the ball and balance above the spinner post. Close it back up, nudge the game and the ball rolls back into play. I agree - always seems to happen when I am having a banger of a game!

#6116 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Happens to me as well from time to time. I can usually quickly slide down the glass enough to grab the ball and balance above the spinner post. Close it back up, nudge the game and the ball rolls back into play. I agree - always seems to happen when I am having a banger of a game!

I just put the ball in the shooter lane and replunge once I have the glass/lock bar back on.

#6117 3 years ago

That’s too easy though.

Quoted from JROC:

I just put the ball in the shooter lane and replunge once I have the glass/lock bar back on.

#6118 3 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

One extra washer on the post near the captain marvel ramp worked for me.

yeah I was going to try this, just a hair clearance so it. can slide under should do it.

#6119 3 years ago

yeah I was going to try this, just a hair clearance so it. can slide under should do it.

i’ve had this a couple times. i agree raising the top wire form a little could help, but it wouldn’t address why the ball leaves the wireform in the first place. Marvel is designed to be not a tube, but about 2/3 of a tube, through the inversion phase. then it reverts to a half tube for the span to the flipper. between the plastic at the ramp and the 2/3 tube, it is clearly engineered to hold the ball in, but it is failing. why? it’s hard to film but i suspect that at the apex the bottom wire is a little too close and raises the ball a little, which lets it get outside the overhanging wireform on top. actually pushes it out. i might try bending the overhanging wire *up* or bending the bottom one down just a little.

thoughts?

#6120 3 years ago

Updated to 1.00 today after realizing I was on 0.99. Holy extra balls, Ant-Man. Did they do anything to change the award of those? Not complaining but it made it feel too easy to get to Battle Thanos with 5 EBs.

#6121 3 years ago
Quoted from nick_k:

Updated to 1.00 today after realizing I was on 0.99. Holy extra balls, Ant-Man. Did they do anything to change the award of those? Not complaining but it made it feel too easy to get to Battle Thanos with 5 EBs.

I don't believe there was a significant change there. Maybe I should trademark the new phrase "Play worse..." I've had games with tons o' extra balls, but it's usually the result of a stellar game of getting trophies, killing the hawkeye shot multiple times, and the usual sources. 2-3 EB's seems standard to me.

#6122 3 years ago

Quick shout-out to ABE_FLIPS on the video he posted on page 122. Great reference for newer players, but I was completely impressed with the video production quality.... I'll have to keep an eye on his other stuff...

#6123 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I don't believe there was a significant change there. Maybe I should trademark the new phrase "Play worse..." I've had games with tons o' extra balls, but it's usually the result of a stellar game of getting trophies, killing the hawkeye shot multiple times, and the usual sources. 2-3 EB's seems standard to me.

Being a big tourney guy, I like to turn off EBs, but you really need them to get deep in this one.

#6124 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Being a big tourney guy, I like to turn off EBs, but you really need them to get deep in this one.

Me too but this pin is on location so I need to set it to please the casual player and tournament player.

Quoted from Broohaha:

It could've been that. Maybe I was just thrown off with it being my very first game after the code update. I went in with enough to play test it one credit and be home in time for dinner. Probably would have housed all three balls in the next game

#6125 3 years ago

Just joined the club with a Pro.

Ive already noticed lots of Black Widow Airballs/rejects. Is it just a matter dialing back the flipper strength? or is a better airball plastic called for?

#6126 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Just joined the club with a Pro.
Ive already noticed lots of Black Widow Airballs/rejects. Is it just a matter dialing back the flipper strength? or is a better airball plastic called for?

I only get BW airball rejects on a freshly waxed playfield, its almost nonexistent after about 20 plays post-wax.

#6127 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

I might have to order one when I reorder my captain marvel plastic that Auspost has misplaced! Only been a month! Fking posties

At least yours made it to Oz, mine hasn't made it out of Ohio in a month...USPS on route to next facility, where, Titan?

#6128 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

i’ve had this a couple times. i agree raising the top wire form a little could help, but it wouldn’t address why the ball leaves the wireform in the first place. Marvel is designed to be not a tube, but about 2/3 of a tube, through the inversion phase. then it reverts to a half tube for the span to the flipper. between the plastic at the ramp and the 2/3 tube, it is clearly engineered to hold the ball in, but it is failing. why? it’s hard to film but i suspect that at the apex the bottom wire is a little too close and raises the ball a little, which lets it get outside the overhanging wireform on top. actually pushes it out. i might try bending the overhanging wire *up* or bending the bottom one down just a little.
thoughts?

the ball falls out of the upper bend (as it turns left) I presume all ramps are like this.

I solve the issue by adding two plastic washers (as they are thicker) under the post closer to the ramp (or second gauntlet post) and now the ball, if it ever falls out will slide over the rails and fall into the wire form, gameplay will not be stopped and therefore the glass does not need to be removed any more...

WIN!

#6129 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I only get BW airball rejects on a freshly waxed playfield, its almost nonexistent after about 20 plays post-wax.

I find this ramp quite easy... cpu marvel on the other hand, I almost try not to hit in fear of a reject and automatic down the middle drain.

#6130 3 years ago

I find this ramp quite easy... cpu marvel on the other hand, I almost try not to hit in fear of a reject and automatic down the middle drain.

Keep that captain marvel ramp waxed and you should be fine. I was cared of it too but now I combo that with BW and go binary for tons of points. The marvel shot is super necessary for Mystery’s and add-a-ball in multi balls.

#6131 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Keep that captain marvel ramp waxed and you should be fine. I was cared of it too but now I combo that with BW and go binary for tons of points. The marvel shot is super necessary for Mystery’s and add-a-ball in multi balls.

yeah need to practice this shot more... it freshly waxed but I still avoid it, lol... I wax this game weekly! no joke. a good opportunity to clean off ball trails and such too.

#6132 3 years ago

My CM is a bitch too...so many rejects

#6133 3 years ago

I just banged 3 games out, Ball 1 was 150 million, about 30 alone was binary points... haha I got the hang of it on the ball and combos were flying it was really fun, then, things got real and all went to sh** the next 2 balls were pretty sad...

All that to say, I am going to focus on the cpt marvel ramp because it is a points maker for sure, and it is quite fun now that I see how it works with BW ramp...
Now I get what the PRO is missing out on, once you get the feeling of this ramp it is must have for this game.

now that I fixed the balls getting hung up in between the gauntlet ramp and CPT Marvel, I will be shooting it more for sure.

Thanks for the tips!

Quoted from CashMoney:

#6134 3 years ago

I just banged 3 games out, Ball 1 was 150 million, about 30 alone was binary points... haha I got the hang of it on the ball and combos were flying it was really fun, then, things got real and all went to sh** the next 2 balls were pretty sad...
All that to say, I am going to focus on the cpt marvel ramp because it is a points maker for sure, and it is quite fun now that I see how it works with BW ramp...
Now I get what the PRO is missing out on, once you get the feeling of this ramp it is must have for this game.
now that I fixed the balls getting hung up in between the gauntlet ramp and CPT Marvel, I will be shooting it more for sure.
Thanks for the tips!

Nice! Ya that CM to BW combo is probably the best combo feeling in pinball right now. Got take I know but it makes the prem/LE so worth it. This game is not going anywhere for a while.

#6135 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Nice! Ya that CM to BW combo is probably the best combo feeling in pinball right now. Got take I know but it makes the prem/LE so worth it. This game is not going anywhere for a while.

Now with the 1.0 code I love cycling BW-CM as many times as I can. There is always something good about to happen with another CM shot or two!

CM is now a good place to park the soul gem because the shot multiplyer is maintained after a drain.

#6136 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

My CM is a bitch too...so many rejects

I can't recommend the piece tdiddy is selling enough. Really made that shot a lot more reliable.

#6137 3 years ago

Possible future owner here and would like to ask for some advice. I'm a big fan of objective based pins that tell a themes story through code. LOTR, Hobbit, WOZ, and Stern Star Wars have done this well to name a few. Does AIQ have a deep objective based ruleset? By that I mean are there a variety of modes that work the entire playfield versus hitting the same shots (hit ramp 5x, orbit 5x) over and over? I really enjoy how LOTR and Hobbit have shots timed to clips / animations and offer rewards for completing them. AIQ looks like a really fun pin.

#6138 3 years ago

What are peoples best soul gem flips? My previous best before today was 53 and I was always hankering to beat my mate on 54!!

First game today stars aligned I had mind gem on black widow on level 1. Bang mind gem for black panther, shot straight up BW, then gem collect, mind gem for hulk, Thor, mind gem for the drops, boom captain marvel ramp and banged it right into iron man! 77 flips remaining super satisfying!! Posted a photo for my mate he was in disbelief

#6139 3 years ago
Quoted from Audioenslaved:

What are peoples best soul gem flips? My previous best before today was 53 and I was always hankering to beat my mate on 54!!
First game today stars aligned I had mind gem on black widow on level 1. Bang mind gem for black panther, shot straight up BW, then gem collect, mind gem for hulk, Thor, mind gem for the drops, boom captain marvel ramp and banged it right into iron man! 77 flips remaining super satisfying!! Posted a photo for my mate he was in disbelief

77 flips remaining, that’s impressive! The most I’ve achieved is 74, using the mind gem-level 1 avenger strategy like you. I think the practical upper limit is 84.

With the new code, if I have the mind gem set up I choose the difficult soul gem quest for 10X points. It’s still hard to make but when you do it’s over 200m points. I have come close to finishing the difficult soul gem without help from the mind gem, but I don’t think it’s a viable strategy for my skill level

#6140 3 years ago

the ball falls out of the upper bend (as it turns left) I presume all ramps are like this.
I solve the issue by adding two plastic washers (as they are thicker) under the post closer to the ramp (or second gauntlet post) and now the ball, if it ever falls out will slide over the rails and fall into the wire form, gameplay will not be stopped and therefore the glass does not need to be removed any more...
WIN!

There must be something wrong with the ramps that are letting a ball fall out. There is no way one is getting out of mine without prying it out. The only way I would be able to get a ball up where yours are getting stuck is from an airball. I would look at the area on yours that is allowing the ball to fall out and try to bend the wires closer together. Not sure if that will be possible or not with how they are assembled. I'd also consider getting ahold of Stern and asking for a new wireform as something is definitely out of tolerance.

#6141 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Possible future owner here and would like to ask for some advice. I'm a big fan of objective based pins that tell a themes story through code. LOTR, Hobbit, WOZ, and Stern Star Wars have done this well to name a few. Does AIQ have a deep objective based ruleset? By that I mean are there a variety of modes that work the entire playfield versus hitting the same shots (hit ramp 5x, orbit 5x) over and over? I really enjoy how LOTR and Hobbit have shots timed to clips / animations and offer rewards for completing them. AIQ looks like a really fun pin.

AIQ definitely has a bunch of modes that work the entire playfield. There’s a strong narrative- keep the gems from Thanos and beat the bad guys - but it’s not tied to movie assets. It’s strongest feature, imo, is an incredible and unique layout where you can just combo for days if you can hit the shots. It’s really nothing like Hobbit though, in terms of depth or almost being like a role playing game. Still i’m able to stand there and keep pushing start for the pure joy of hitting the combos. Hobbit i usually feel spent after a deep game.

#6142 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I can't recommend the piece tdiddy is selling enough. Really made that shot a lot more reliable.

Yeah I have it installed already sadly.

Think I need to get in there and snoop around, check how the coil stops are and if I'm losing any power that way. Also, move the CM mod around and see if it helps but it seems to be in the right location
As for the ball falling out if the wireform, Its only happened once for me that I've noticed

#6143 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you love those games, then you'll love AIQ. You are trying to steal the gems from the black order before Thanos gets them. Each wizard mode is part of the story line. This isn't a Lonnie D. Ropp game... You'll actually have fun with the code and rulset. Its so deep and there are so many ways to approach this game. Can't recommend this game enough.

#6144 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

There must be something wrong with the ramps that are letting a ball fall out. There is no way one is getting out of mine without prying it out. The only way I would be able to get a ball up where yours are getting stuck is from an airball. I would look at the area on yours that is allowing the ball to fall out and try to bend the wires closer together. Not sure if that will be possible or not with how they are assembled. I'd also consider getting ahold of Stern and asking for a new wireform as something is definitely out of tolerance.

i made a little video of the spots where the wireform is wide enough to let a ball out. I’m not very concerned about this. It’s only come out of the top one a few times. I doubt it could ever come out of the lower one. Only following up because i did have a ball stuck at the other wireform once or twice. Jediturtle are you saying yours is too narrow to let a ball out of even the top spot?

edit: i couldn’t upload video so here are photos of the 2 spots instead.

FC2DFE58-4F19-4FC3-B009-055D7D8D0005.jpegFC2DFE58-4F19-4FC3-B009-055D7D8D0005.jpeg11A139AE-BE1A-407C-AFC9-5F648985077B.jpeg11A139AE-BE1A-407C-AFC9-5F648985077B.jpeg
#6145 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

i made a little video of the spots where the wireform is wide enough to let a ball out. I’m not very concerned about this. It’s only come out of the top one a few times. I doubt it could ever come out of the lower one. Only following up because i did have a ball stuck at the other wireform once or twice. Jediturtle are you saying yours is too narrow to let a ball out of even the top spot?
edit: i couldn’t upload video so here are photos of the 2 spots instead.[quoted image][quoted image]

Mine will not let the ball out anywhere after the plastic guard ends. I can pull it out from under the guard if I flex the guard, but it always holds the ball in during play.

#6146 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

AIQ definitely has a bunch of modes that work the entire playfield. There’s a strong narrative- keep the gems from Thanos and beat the bad guys - but it’s not tied to movie assets. It’s strongest feature, imo, is an incredible and unique layout where you can just combo for days if you can hit the shots. It’s really nothing like Hobbit though, in terms of depth or almost being like a role playing game. Still i’m able to stand there and keep pushing start for the pure joy of hitting the combos. Hobbit i usually feel spent after a deep game.

Quoted from CashMoney:

If you love those games, then you'll love AIQ. You are trying to steal the gems from the black order before Thanos gets them. Each wizard mode is part of the story line. This isn't a Lonnie D. Ropp game... You'll actually have fun with the code and rulset. Its so deep and there are so many ways to approach this game. Can't recommend this game enough.

Great to know, thank you!

#6147 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I have it installed already sadly.
Think I need to get in there and snoop around, check how the coil stops are and if I'm losing any power that way. Also, move the CM mod around and see if it helps but it seems to be in the right location
As for the ball falling out if the wireform, Its only happened once for me that I've noticed

I'm not a marathon player so I haven't experienced any coil fade so far. The CM ramp is probably the most satisfying shot on the Prem/LE game and rejects really suck. Hope you find a solution.

#6148 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Quoted from pineal:

Quoted from CashMoney:

I had a Hobbit and just sold it for AIQ. Happy I did. But they are VERY different games. I would not say for sure that if you like one, you'll like the other.

AIQ is WAY faster and more fun to shoot. I think Hobbit was actually kinda boring to shoot. None of the shots were inherently interesting. I think they did a good job code-wise to make the modes somewhat interesting, but the flow/individual shots were not nearly as engaging as AIQ.

AIQ is also WAY deeper than Hobbit. Hobbit has the business of the feeder modes and harder modes score better in the mini-wizards, but the complexity of what to do when isn't all too complicated. AIQ on the other-hand, I still have almost no idea what I'm doing. I usually know what I'm supposed to shoot within a mode, but the strategy of gem placement, sequence of gems, and stacking things for scoring optimization...head exploding. This isn't really a compliment or a dig, it's just a really complicated game. And I think there are a lot of times they could (should!) do a much better job of showing me what I'm supposed to shoot for. Some modes I only know because I know (watched video), not because the game makes it clear.

While there is a story, this and the voice acting are BY FAR the weakest aspects of AIQ. Hobbit is a major production. The audio and video assets are stellar. If you're a nerd about Hobbit - that game is a dream in terms of encompassing you in the Hobbit world. AIQ feels kinda thin in this regard. If you like Avengers because of the movies, you'll feel let down. I don't mind the comic aspect, but I don't feel drawn into the storyline. I know if I win a mode I get the gem and if I lose Thanos takes it, but I don't feel much adrenalin good or bad based on winning or losing a battle.

So, you need to decide what you find important. I like AIQ much better than Hobbit. To me, Hobbit was like chopping wood through the modes (albeit they were creatively done) to get to the FANTASTIC mini-wizard modes. It was just too much of a slog for me. I don't want to feel like skipping large portions of the game. AIQ doesn't draw me into the universe in the same way, but damn...this playfield is just fun to shoot. And as I've gotten more familiar with what to do, I'm enjoying the progression more. Just be ready to do homework reading the ruleset and figuring out obtuse strategies.

And more than anything, this game just plays differently than any of the games you mentioned. This game is fast and flowy, and has (can have) pretty short ball times. Obviously Hobbit (and especially LoTR) are complete opposite from that. Not trying to talk you out of it, as I said, I like AIQ better. But I don't feel it's accurate to say the games are in any way similar enough to assume if you like one you will inherently like the other.

#6149 3 years ago

Hey everyone, I played an AIQ Pro and loved it but I'm eyeing an AIQ Premium. However, the internet is filled with people complaining about the Captain Marvel ramp. Is it really that bad? Or is it just meant to be hit on a ball feed? It feels like it's keeping me from placing my order.

#6150 3 years ago

My Captain Marvel ramp is fine. No plexi, no third party mod. It is a tough shot, but once you find it it is makeable on the fly and from a left cradle fairly consistently. I am an average on a good day player and I don't find it frustrating. The designer recommends keeping the ramp waxed, make sure it is adjusted properly and you should be good to go.

The Pro shot is way easier though so keep that in mind.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

8,924 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/123?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.