IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 253.
#501 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?
Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.
Dan

Yep, I wipe down and do a light wax plus clean the balls with alcohol and wax those as well

#502 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?
Dan

You wouldn't wax a new car. Same for NIB pinball machines.

Or so I've heard.

#503 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Dan

No, the playfield will come ready to play. First PF maintenance is performed at 500 plays which is when I apply my first at-home waxing.

The only thing you should do before pushing start for the first time is to lower the ball eject coil power. Ideally you'd apply Cliffy's, but you probably will not have them in time.

#504 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Dan

Nope. Inspect the balls and replace them if they are crappy, put the tilt bob in, play.

Forgot about shooter lane protection. Lower the trough eject power all the way, then put self adhesive felt in the shooter lane where the ball hits upon eject.

#505 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Dan

Definitely make sure the balls are clean and free of oil/scratches. A quick wipe down with a microfiber towel, yes. As far as wax, no, I do not. Logic being the clear on the playfield may still need a bit of time to fully harden or offgas. I have zero scientific basis for my decision, but that's just how I do it. Lol. I wait a month or so before waxing.

#506 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Dan

I wax after the first 100 plays, stern says use novus 2 but that is a buffing compound and although very mild it can still negatively effect your playfield over time especially with the way these new stern playfields have been clear coated with a watered down thin layer of clear... I use mothers straight carnauba with no additives. Also do a good wipe down prior to waxing the field to get all of the dirt and debris off of the playfield, to do this I used to use naphtha generously but I worry about the newer stern playfields and now use as little as possible on the PF also cleaning all of the rubbers/silicone/urethane prior to the waxing.

#507 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Dan

Yes I do wax the playfield. Inspect and replace the factory balls if necessary. also wax the balls.

I will also put some cling vinyl in the shooter lane to protect before the cliffy protectors get here.

#508 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Dan

I just play it as is out of the box. After a couple hundred plays give it a good cleaning and wax. It will be so fast the first 30 plays you don’t want or need wax on it.

#509 3 years ago

If you wax your new playfield you can't play for some days, because its so freaking fast. I have had to learn this the hard way.
I still just use novus2 on my games i bought NIB. Also after novus2 the ball is very fast but it will settle down fast.

@chuckwurt
do you have any image of this mounted felt, i'm curious how this looks like.

#510 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

If you wax your new playfield you can't play for some days, because its so freaking fast. I have had to learn this the hard way.
I still just use novus2 on my games i bought NIB. Also after novus2 the ball is very fast but it will settle down fast.
chuckwurt

I just buy a roll of mylar for the shooter lane, it has lasted me nearly 4 years and I still have enough left to do 10 more games. Make sure to wax the shooter Lane first and the mylar will peel up easily to reapply down the road if it becomes worn.

#511 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

chuckwurt

It looks like black felt in the shooter lane. Haha.

Mylar has always worked well fir me too, but others said on this game the still saw damage early on with Mylar.

#512 3 years ago

It appears the end of the LE run will be next week. That's when my is being built/shipped. The good part about getting the last of the LE's is that they've gone through their production problems (hopefully). The bad news is over 400 others will be shipped and played before I get mine!!!

#513 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

It appears the end of the LE run will be next week. That's when my is being built/shipped. The good part about getting the last of the LE's is that they've gone through their production problems (hopefully). The bad news is over 400 others will be shipped and played before I get mine!!!

May I ask who you ordered from and how you got the info? I'm just eager for mine

#514 3 years ago

We should be seeing unboxings any day now.

Congrats to everyone receiving games!

#515 3 years ago

I just put a deposit down on a premium. My first NIB machine. I’m pretty excited and can’t wait. Is the cliffy for this game specific or is it a generic model for newer sterns?

#516 3 years ago

In for a Premium, was told mid October!

#517 3 years ago

16B5E0D3-18ED-4299-856B-F4755EC32999 (resized).jpeg16B5E0D3-18ED-4299-856B-F4755EC32999 (resized).jpeg

#518 3 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#519 3 years ago

I'm so excited and its not even mine

#521 3 years ago

I like to wax new games after trying the game out a few times. I also make sure to clean the balls very well. I actually have not done anything to protect my shooter lanes and its been fine. I guess now I will turn those coils down a bit!

#522 3 years ago

First LE to land and post a pic! Congratulations!!!

#523 3 years ago

You better be unboxing this before next week

#524 3 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

You better be unboxing this before next week

Have to get a game out before this one goes in. Didn’t think it would come this fast!

#525 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Have to get a game out before this one goes in. Didn’t think it would come this fast!

Is that LE #420?

#526 3 years ago

Exciting stuff!!!

#527 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is that LE #420?

If it is #420, one would assume all 500 are built at this point. That or they took a loooong break at 4:20.....

#528 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

If it is #420, one would assume all 500 are built at this point. That or they took a loooong break at 4:20.....

Is 420 the weed edition

#529 3 years ago

Yes, production does seem to slow down after 420 in most cases.

#530 3 years ago

i dont believe they are built in sequential order

#531 3 years ago

How many 420's you have?

#532 3 years ago

Got my shipping confirmation today. Arrives Friday.

#533 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Awesome!!

#534 3 years ago
Quoted from Krsmith9:

Very cool

#535 3 years ago

May I ask who you ordered from and how you got the info? I'm just eager for mine

Hi Scribbles,

I'm getting mine from Hemisphere's Amusements in Chicago. They explained to me they prefer to get the end of the run - they are hoping the kinks get worked out by then. Not a bad thought. I don't need the first one. I want one that works. I got a Monster Bash (Limited Edition) NIB and it was # 540. Only had one small issue. Bottom line is they said they were told by Stern that these were going next week. Soooooo, hopefully they can go pick it up by the 7th or so.

#536 3 years ago
Quoted from RavenFan1:

Hi Scribbles,
I'm getting mine from Hemisphere's Amusements in Chicago. They explained to me they prefer to get the end of the run - they are hoping the kinks get worked out by then. Not a bad thought. I don't need the first one. I want one that works. I got a Monster Bash (Limited Edition) NIB and it was # 540. Only had one small issue. Bottom line is they said they were told by Stern that these were going next week. Soooooo, hopefully they can go pick it up by the 7th or so.

Thanks for the info!

#537 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It looks like black felt in the shooter lane. Haha.
Mylar has always worked well fir me too, but others said on this game the still saw damage early on with Mylar.

yeah, my TMNT shooter lane chipped after a few games with the lowest eject power and mylar in place...

#538 3 years ago

In my experience, you may see an initial small chip, but nothing after that. Saw it on STH and now 1500 plays later, it hasn’t gotten worse. No big deal for me, but could be for others.

That’s with Mylar to be clear. The felt may provide that extra protection to avoid any chipping at all.

#539 3 years ago

Going to Pick up My LE tonight.

Stupid work and Life or I would already be on my way!

#540 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Priorities!!!

#541 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

If I get the call while I'm at work, I MAY develop a belly ache that requires me to leave immediately so as not to get other employees sick

#542 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In my experience, you may see an initial small chip, but nothing after that. Saw it on STH and now 1500 plays later, it hasn’t gotten worse. No big deal for me, but could be for others.
That’s with Mylar to be clear. The felt may provide that extra protection to avoid any chipping at all.

Yep - same on my JP. Initially it looked like it was going to be wrecked, but after the first dent it never got worse.

#543 3 years ago

If I get the call while I'm at work, I MAY develop a belly ache that requires me to leave immediately so as not to get other employees sick

Just jump up and yell "I have Covid!!!!" and run out the door. Don't come back for two weeks.

#544 3 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

From Trent?

#545 3 years ago

LE shipping today!

#546 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

LE shipping today!

Lucky! I'm jealous. I was just informed by Stern that the LEs allotted for my distributor haven't even been built yet. Stern said "maybe next week".

#547 3 years ago

Lucky! I'm jealous. I was just informed by Stern that the LEs allotted for my distributor haven't even been built yet. Stern said "maybe next week".

They must rotate the LE running order for distributors. I've received games at the beginning of the LE run and at the end from the same distributor.

#548 3 years ago

66 has landed!

16014940175588259493562744391526 (resized).jpg16014940175588259493562744391526 (resized).jpg
#549 3 years ago

Now lets see some unboxed pics!

My shipped today so I might not see it till friday or monday.

#550 3 years ago

I don't understand all of these people posting pictures of the box.... if I ordered one, I might even forget to pull the camera out to snap a picture in my haste to move it and open it up!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
7,400 (Firm)
8,924 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/11?hl=playtwowin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.