04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 255.
#5801 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any idea what % of these premiums have lock issues? i may be able to get the pro or premium. i want premium, but really don't want a headache of stuck pinballs in the subway.

Stern makes all games with the updated subway. There are no stuck balls as far as I know. I was able to easily acquire an updated subway from Stern on my game. Took about 10 mins to install and haven't had any issues since then. So even if you purchase an older Premium/LE, its an easy fix.

The Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, just keep it waxed.

No issues have been reported with the Ant-man scoop in this thread.

#5802 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

anyone have any idea what % of these premiums have lock issues? i may be able to get the pro or premium. i want premium, but really don't want a headache of stuck pinballs in the subway.

My Premium has had zero issues and I've had it since November 2020 and have put 1500+ games on it.

#5803 3 years ago

I’ve had my LE since October 2020. The only technical issue I have is that since about a month ago the ball launcher does not make it up the ramp and around to the right flipper. No subway, portal or any other issues.

#5804 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I would propose getting a % with any accuracy is impossible on pinside. It's more likely for someone to post here that is having a problem than for folks who don't. (At least that is my experience: people share more when they're frustrated.) I suppose you could try a poll on pinside...

With that said, I'll echo what other people have shared: I love my pro and the fast flow it has. No regrets. I'd love to have the CM ramp, but that's the only true miss in my mind. (Subway and raising portal lock wasn't a consideration for me.) Thus, the CM ramp was not worth the $1,700. But damn, I'd love to have the CM Binary multiplier!!! Looks fun.

Recommend going with your gut, or trying to play both on location and do the financial math for yourself...

#5805 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

I would propose getting a % with any accuracy is impossible on pinside. It's more likely for someone to post here that is having a problem than for folks who don't. (At least that is my experience: people share more when they're frustrated.) I suppose you could try a poll on pinside...
With that said, I'll echo what other people have shared: I love my pro and the fast flow it has. No regrets. I'd love to have the CM ramp, but that's the only true miss in my mind. (Subway and raising portal lock wasn't a consideration for me.) Thus, the CM ramp was not worth the $1,700. But damn, I'd love to have the CM Binary multiplier!!! Looks fun.
Recommend going with your gut, or trying to play both on location and do the financial math for yourself...

thanks for the responses from you and the others. i'm debating on aiq and turtles. tough call. i'd like to include zeppelin in this, but that playfield has so little on it.

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

So I managed to get my disc completely level, it wasn’t bad to start with out the box, with a little tweaking I got it perfectly level with the playfield at the front half but slightly higher and unlevel at the back between 10 and 2.
So I put pieces of 2mm ply under the back end of the mech BOOM perfectly level.

Can you share a pic of this?

#5807 3 years ago

Pumped for tomorrow. GNR out the door, AIQ Premium on the floor! Cant wait to flip my second Elwin game.

#5808 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

My Premium has had zero issues and I've had it since November 2020 and have put 1500+ games on it.

same here for my premium, November build, December 2020 delivery, 600+ games, zero issues. Only a small adjustment to the installed updated disc level kit. Pablo from Stern support said all builds in my timeframe and beyond had fixes like subway and disc leveling installed. I followed the new machine checklists in the key posts above, and beyond cleaning and waxing have only tightened the Thor Captive ball once and I am rotating upper flipper rubber every couple hundred games to manage wear.

Now the kit to stop me bricking three shots in a row on posts to immediately drain... THAT would be gold... oh wait... that’s the ‘play better’ mod. Can’t seem to get that installed in myself.

EDIT: actually I am watching one issue for mentions in this group. I believe my auto plunger loses power or fades in longer games. It will deliver the ball around the loop at the start of a walk-up game no problem, but rather quickly fades and stops delivering the ball beyond the bumpers until it has a bit to ‘recover’ between games . I can always manually plunge around the loop, and I do so, but that isn’t a solution for chaotic multi-ball play. There have been a couple/few mentions but nothing seems definitive across owners...

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

That issue is much more prevalent on the LE’s. They improved it for the premium run. Very few premiums are having subway problems.

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

thanks for the responses from you and the others. i'm debating on aiq and turtles. tough call. i'd like to include zeppelin in this, but that playfield has so little on it.

I went to play a zeppelin pro on location and was shocked at how little is in that game. That license must have been super expensive. Hopefully the premium/le is much better because I like the band, but had no interest in the pro.

#5811 3 years ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Hi all, got AIQ Premium 3 days ago. It's my first ever pin and I’m loving it. Also big shoutout to everyone here on pinside, such a great community and help.
One issue Im running into is plunges with my shooter rod. Again, pinball is new to me so may not be using right terminology... but the ball will rattle and not make it up the ramp on over half of my manual plunges. To my eyes it almost seems like ball jumps upwards and then rattles and kills momentum.
I do not have this issue with auto plunge (or action button plunge).
Is there something I can/should tweak to remedy this?
Love the game but it was really frustrating me last night.
Thanks all!

Probably best to phone a friend . For anyone finding this topic, it was the old “plunger out of place” scenario where a full plunge was basically chipping the ball into the air like a lob wedge. I’ve actually never seen one fly that high so consistently. Needmorcowbell sent me the slow motion video and I literally laughed out loud.

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pumped for tomorrow. GNR out the door, AIQ Premium on the floor! Cant wait to flip my second Elwin game.

Hi, just curious, why did you sell your GNR?

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Is there an easy fix for fly balls getting stuck in the prem/le wireframe intersection? This is a real issue for gameplay. Tried an old outlane plastic in there mounted under the nearest wireframe screw and it worked but is ugly, wondering if there is a place I can order custom clear one to my specs. The non clear blocks the view of collect gem led so painting the old scrap isn’t really a great option.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I put one extra washer on the post closest to the captain marvel ramp and now my issue is gone. I also think you could flex and bend the metal slightly, but my experience bending wire forms has been mixed as they always seem to return to their prior position.

#5814 3 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

I’m curious too?

#5815 3 years ago

Hello Pinside, I don’t usually provide feedback without an agreement in place, (usually if a company asks me to provide feedback or a review it goes as follows...I paid for your product, I received your product) but This captain marvel mod is a GAME CHANGER!!! I installed this mod in 5 mins, and i can now backhand the CM ramp. Its so simple yet incredible. If you don’t have this mod you are missing out. Thank you tdiddy for making this. disclaimer: i do not know the person who made this mod and he has not asked me to write this.

FFE503D4-1FEA-44C7-BD5C-291C96672B96 (resized).jpegFFE503D4-1FEA-44C7-BD5C-291C96672B96 (resized).jpeg
#5816 3 years ago
Quoted from zatname:

Hopefully my reasons make sense, and full disclaimer, many folks may disagree.

For me, I just couldnt bring myself to play more than one game at a time. After playing a game, playing through a song or 2, and playing through all the various multi balls, I just couldnt be bothered to hit start again.

It isnt that its easy, its just "too much" to justify playing 5 or 6 games at a time. I am limited to 3 pins in the area of the basement where my arcade is, so naturally I am going to be swapping games from time to time, but this one wore me out quick.

Also, I have a sour taste in my mouth regarding how JJP handled my chipping playfield, which contributed to me having a distaste for the game.

Extremely fun game, I just cant play it for hours on end. Jurassic Park & Elvira I can, and assuming Avengers will fit the bill also. Amazing looking game, and cant wait.

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

and i can now backhand the CM ramp.

Wait - So your saying you can Backhand the CM ramp ? I've never seen any one else do that and I can't even come close .

#5818 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Wait - So your saying you can Backhand the CM ramp ? I've never seen any one else do that and I can't even come close .

I’ve done it but only a couple of times and that’s without the fix in place.

#5819 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:I’ve done it but only a couple of times and that’s without the fix in place.

Not from a stopped ball, sometimes with rebound velocity in multi ball it has happened from the right flip but I wouldn’t really call that a backhand shot.

#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I did it once, accidentally, without the mod. I remember thinking, "Woah, I hit CM from the right flipper!!!" when it happened. Never before, never close when actually trying... I'm not good at intentional backhands anyway, with the exception of hitting the grave markers in MET.

#5821 3 years ago

Just put Slingshot power to 30 and can confirm that it helps against the drains

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Not from a stopped ball, sometimes with rebound velocity in multi ball it has happened from the right flip but I wouldn’t really call that a backhand shot.

I’ve done it from a fast rolling entry down the right inlane and straight off the flipper.

No idea if I’ve ever done it in multiball, I find multiballs pure chaos in this game.

#5823 3 years ago

I would sure like to see a vido. of a true Backhand from a cradle up the Capitan Marvel ramp . I've watched a lot of game play and have never seen a pro . player even try a true Backhand shot. It would make me a believer if Elwin did it !

#5824 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

I would sure like to see a vido. of a true Backhand from a cradle up the Capitan Marvel ramp . I've watched a lot of game play and have never seen a pro . player even try a true Backhand shot. It would make me a believer if Elwin did it !

I know for sure I've hit the CM ramp many times with the right flipper on a ball travelling left to right down the playfield.

I may have hit it from a ball running down the right inlane, I can't remember.

I'm about positive I have never hit it from a ball cradled on the right flipper. Only attempted that a couple times...for good reason.

#5825 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Yip. Mine will be sold this week, but most optimal setup to minimize outlane drains is to remove the inlane post rubbers, set pitch to 7 degrees, and jack the slingshot power to maximum. Best you're going to be able to do without direct mods but makes a noticeable difference.

#5826 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

That’s always worked for most games, having it lower just seems to fire it like a 3 point shot, up and in the outlane.

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

I played a TMNT pro and AIQ pro the week Avengers was released. I was at my distributor ready to put a deposit on TMNT.
I now own AIQ premium. TMNT isnt even on my radar anymore.
Imo the best Stern games for your money in production right now (that ive had time with) are
-Iron Maiden
-Deadpool
-Avengers

(I havent played EHOH though)

#5828 3 years ago

you are missing Stranger Things. it is an awesome game.

#5829 3 years ago

mayday mayday, lol

I am installing a playfield protector (first time ever) and I am not sure how to remove the ramps.
I do see the screws on the PF top, but can't figure out what is holding these from the bottom.

Can someone give me a hand with instructions on how to remove these? I do not want to tug forcefully until I have a clear idea.

I am in the midst of it now, so if you want to chime in with help now, it will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

you are missing Stranger Things. it is an awesome game.

mayday mayday, lol
I am installing a playfield protector

We clearly just have differing tastes as i really dislike both of these.

#5831 3 years ago

Finally have my Premium dialed in well. Fixed the issue with the balls getting stuck after the CM ramp and adjusted my slings to reduce drains. Now I realize I must really suck at pinball. This game is incredible and I cannot stop playing it even though my wrists ache, but my scores SUCK. I read the Stern rules and everything but I am struggling to break 200m. Watching Raymond Davidson and Jack Danger easily collect every stone and blow the game up makes me question my part in this hobby...

#5832 3 years ago

Did you remove your tilt bob like Danger? Thst helps a lot
Also death saves

#5833 3 years ago

Finally received a playfield replacement. If your shooter lane is messed up like this contact your distributor. Hopefully this solves the issue and not create more issues.

Quoted from Thomas3184:

Does anybody’s shooter lane look like this? It seems like it is machined too deep and too long. Has a hard edge at the end instead of a smooth transition causing airballs on launches making it around the loop unpredictably.
[quoted image]

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from Thomas3184:

Finally received a playfield replacement. If your shooter lane is messed up like this contact your distributor. Hopefully this solves the issue and not create more issues.

Where is the original image? Repost or please pm me with it.
Thanks!

#5835 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hopefully my reasons make sense, and full disclaimer, many folks may disagree.
For me, I just couldnt bring myself to play more than one game at a time. After playing a game, playing through a song or 2, and playing through all the various multi balls, I just couldnt be bothered to hit start again.
It isnt that its easy, its just "too much" to justify playing 5 or 6 games at a time. I am limited to 3 pins in the area of the basement where my arcade is, so naturally I am going to be swapping games from time to time, but this one wore me out quick.
Also, I have a sour taste in my mouth regarding how JJP handled my chipping playfield, which contributed to me having a distaste for the game.
Extremely fun game, I just cant play it for hours on end. Jurassic Park & Elvira I can, and assuming Avengers will fit the bill also. Amazing looking game, and cant wait.

Thanks for the honesty, appreciate it.

#5836 3 years ago

So been watching some of my favorite movie while I'm cranking out all the CM ramp fixes. And have been noticing a common building that shows up in them and I felt ....wouldn't that be cool to integrate along was address some of the black widow ramp issues. This is a very raw prototype and I am still weeks away from releasing, let me know what you guys think

20210310_155209 (resized).jpg20210310_155209 (resized).jpg20210310_160025 (resized).jpg20210310_160025 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-8 (resized).jpgimages.jpeg-8 (resized).jpg
#5837 3 years ago

Alright, getting a little action going

20210310_160459.jpg20210310_160459.jpg
#5838 3 years ago

has anybody installed the art/plastic protectors from Playfield protectors?

I am not sure if this are installed under or over the art? I know this might sound like a stupid question but hear me out: I have them in another game and they are installed under the art, they are not meant to protect the ART but more to protect the plastics from air balls hitting on the edges, so they are installed under the art and protrude a few mm to protect the plastics...

These I got from playfield protectors do not protrude, they are an exact match so that makes me think that these are to be installed on the top?

63710493624__026474A2-E45D-4C66-BA07-96AE5EAE8641 (resized).jpeg63710493624__026474A2-E45D-4C66-BA07-96AE5EAE8641 (resized).jpeg

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Stern makes all games with the updated subway. There are no stuck balls as far as I know. I was able to easily acquire an updated subway from Stern on my game. Took about 10 mins to install and haven't had any issues since then. So even if you purchase an older Premium/LE, its an easy fix.
The Captain Marvel ramp shoots great, just keep it waxed.
No issues have been reported with the Ant-man scoop in this thread.

so what exactly has changed in the 'updated' subway? Because I received a new one and it was exactly the same and had even more issues with the fingers getting stuck...maybe you could share a picture of the updated parts?

#5840 3 years ago

I have seen this mod all over here, and still fail to understand exactly what it does for me. I see every one praising it, but no one that i've seen explains it clearly what it does and why? Any help me understand? lol. I feel like a goof.

Quoted from Charliew65:

Hello Pinside, I don’t usually provide feedback without an agreement in place, (usually if a company asks me to provide feedback or a review it goes as follows...I paid for your product, I received your product) but This captain marvel mod is a GAME CHANGER!!! I installed this mod in 5 mins, and i can now backhand the CM ramp. Its so simple yet incredible. If you don’t have this mod you are missing out. Thank you tdiddy for making this. disclaimer: i do not know the person who made this mod and he has not asked me to write this.
[quoted image]

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

I have seen this mod all over here, and still fail to understand exactly what it does for me. I see every one praising it, but no one that i've seen explains it clearly what it does and why? Any help me understand? lol. I feel like a goof.

It keeps the ball from hitting the side and rattling at the up entrance so it will finish the ramp smoothly instead of rattling left to right and then rejecting back out.

#5842 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

so what exactly has changed in the 'updated' subway? Because I received a new one and it was exactly the same and had even more issues with the fingers getting stuck...maybe you could share a picture of the updated parts?

There's a "blood groove" at the end of the plastic tray (exit) to stop the ball from stopping before it gets to the VUK to get out. There's also updated linkage so the fingers don't get hung up.

#5843 3 years ago

So happy I traded for this. Wife and soon to be first kid approve as well.

So refreshing to see metal ramps still. Loving things so far.

A25863B0-282B-4441-8021-0DBC22B17A94 (resized).jpegA25863B0-282B-4441-8021-0DBC22B17A94 (resized).jpeg
#5844 3 years ago

Been waiting so long I don't even remember when I placed my order- but my premium finally gets delivered tomorrow!!!

#5845 3 years ago
Quoted from mrboboto:

Been waiting so long I don't even remember when I placed my order- but my premium finally gets delivered tomorrow!!!

You are a LOT more patient than me, haha. I decided I wanted this game last Sunday , was playing today. Think I got lucky tho. Few left from the last run.

#5846 3 years ago

...they are an exact match so that makes me think that these are to be installed on the top?

They sound even more pointless than normal plastic protectors then. WTF would you be protecting the top of the plastics from?

I promise you your machine isn't going to fall apart without all your protection measures. Just breath

#5847 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They sound even more pointless than normal plastic protectors then. WTF would you be protecting the top of the plastics from?
I promise you your machine isn't going to fall apart without all your protection measures. Just breath

Couldn’t disagree more when I first got into hobby , agree 100 percent now.

#5848 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Couldn’t disagree more when I first got into hobby , agree 100 percent now.

And If you looked at my machine I bought 14 years ago I have them on there! That's our job here; to teach the next generation.

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

not sure they are pointless, I have seen broken plastics on many machines. you can do with yours what you want right? just trying to take care of it that is all.
We will see if they are useless or not, it is just a hobby, you learn by trying things and maybe your experience will change your opinion over time.

what is really funny is that I was not going to do any of this, but this morning I dropped a post all the way back into the PF, the only way t get to it was by removing a ramp, at that point I said 'F this, I am doing the PF protector then' lol and here I am, 12 hours later still going at it.

At the end of this am I getting a diploma or something?

#5850 3 years ago
Quoted from Kjarkur:

Glad my discovery worked for you. In fact, it will work for anyone, because the slingshot geometry is setup that way to work on the power of 30. Above or below that number doesn’t seem to work. Now if we can figure out the SDTM geometry, our drain woes will be over, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.00
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.50
6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,725 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/117?hl=largemouthass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.