04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 255.
#5751 3 years ago

I never use factory balls

#5752 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Can anyone confirm the fit of swink’s standup target bracket for AIQ’s sanctom target? I spoke with him directly to look at a solve for my air balls-he said it should fit but hadn’t received feedback from an install on our games.

just got feedback that the brackets I designed have reduced airballs in the Turtles game so the targets are probably the same and there for should solve the airballs.

the brackets lift the target up by 2mm and tilt them forward 5 degrees. The lifting up and tilting forward makes a big difference.

the brackets fit on to these 3 target in turtles

turtles 2x dimensions targets adn 1 x playfield 2x (resized).jpgturtles 2x dimensions targets adn 1 x playfield 2x (resized).jpg

#5753 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

now another question, I am worrying that my antman guiderail and Thor might be digging on the playfield. I have played a few games, did not count how many but might be close to 100..t I noticed that in both of these locations (antman and Thor) some dust was developing around the rails... no scratches or anything visible at the moment so not sure what it was, PF is mint.
I took a closer look and there is no damager to the PF, but would be annoyed if I miss the chance to correct this now while it is mint and not once the damage is there....
What is the preferred method to correct this? I have the cliffys set, installed the shooter lane cliffs tonight but the antman cliffy is an eyesore so I am looking at other options...soooo... washer?
I presume adding washers involved disassembling most of the playfield to lift this up.... I might just do it when I install the playfield protector.
and last, (lost of questions sorry), how often are you guys replacing balls? the factory balls look really beat up just after 50 games... I might just toss them out very soon, this game is fast and the balls take a beating? or is it that the factory balls are shiteza?

I put the ant man Cliffy on my premium and you can’t even tell it’s there. Wasn’t too much of a pain to put on, but you do have to take ramps, plastics, and other things off so takes some pictures and you’ll be fine. You can use metal washers as some have done in previous thread posts. I didn’t install any washers on the thor guide because there was nothing that looked like it was digging into the playfield. Of course, you can add metal washers there if you’re worried.

I don’t even use the stock balls that come with the game, they are garbage. Just buy some nice quality balls from ball baron and you’ll be set.

#5754 3 years ago

Last batch from ball baron where dull as shit, horrible. I'll be avoiding his carbon balls.

#5755 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Loving my premium.
Looping Gauntlet jackpots with the upper flipper is just the best

Just today I had 2 balls looping around the gauntlet ramp at once. It’s a shame super gauntlet wasn’t running, but I kept both balls looping around a bunch of times just for kicks.

#5756 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Last batch from ball baron where dull as shit, horrible. I'll be avoiding his carbon balls.

Well, the carbon balls are really for games with heavy mag play. (I had a set as well , and agree they won’t win any pageants, but they worked just fine.) You’ll be fine with the ninja balls, and they’re beautiful.

To be clear: AIQ doesn’t impart magnetism to the balls, which would be a reason to go with the carbon balls.

#5757 3 years ago

Separate, silly topic... what’s everyone getting on their RPM score? Completely irrelevant for scores of course.

I couldn’t bear to attach a screen shot since it’s really meaningless, but I’m sitting at 1,200 RPM. Most are in the 800-900 range.

#5758 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah the Polaris or whatever they are called for games with magnets in, where crap, factory balls that came with my AIQ and BM66 both had a better shine and finish on them.

#5759 3 years ago

I was inspecting my AIQ and notice that this post at the top left corner, around the turn after the hulk spinner, is missing the rubber bumper sleeve... wondering if it is missing OR if it is actually supposed to be missing.
[quoted image]

Factory intentionally left that off.

#5760 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Separate, silly topic... what’s everyone getting on their RPM score? Completely irrelevant for scores of course.
I couldn’t bear to attach a screen shot since it’s really meaningless, but I’m sitting at 1,200 RPM. Most are in the 800-900 range.

I haven’t hit 1,000 yet. I am curious how high this can go!

I don’t mind the chirpy sound when you get a good spin displayed (400rpm or more, I think). It’s distinctive enough that I immediately know what it is and don’t need to look up at the display.

Has anyone collected the hard soul gem without help from the mind gem? I’ve gotten the soul gem the hard way a few times (well over 100m each time!) but always with a level one mind gem.

#5761 3 years ago

My upper flipper started sticking sporadically over the weekend and would unstick after activating another coil. I popped the hood and found a bunch of that black "magic dust" on the cabinet underneath it. I pulled the stop and found it and the plunger head slightly melted. The game has under 50 plays. Crazy.

Anyway, I replaced the stop and the sleeve and cleaned everything up, and I'm back to working again. I'm also making the gauntlet ramp from that flipper with ease now.

I've had 4-5 NIB Sterns over the years, but this is a new one for me. I mean, I've seen this on some older games with a ton of play, but never on a brand new one.

20210307_194705 (resized).jpg20210307_194705 (resized).jpg20210307_194718 (resized).jpg20210307_194718 (resized).jpg
#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I just read the Tilt rules and it says:

So if I understand correctly, I'll use Black Widow as an example...
I have not collected Black Widow and I place the Mind Gem on her.
* Because she is not collected, I can use the Mind Gem to collect 1 shot on Black Widow.
* I can collect her while the Mind Gem is there and am now able to use it twice on the Black Widow shot.
* If I use the Mind Gem while she's uncollected, does collecting her recharge it?
* Once I've used a level 2 Mind Gem boom, I must MOVE the Mind Gem to use it again. Can it be moved to Hulk and then moved back to Black Widow for another level 2 boom?

I have not collected Black Widow and I place the Mind Gem on her.
* Because she is not collected, I can use the Mind Gem to collect 1 shot on Black Widow. - Yup
* I can collect her while the Mind Gem is there and am now able to use it twice on the Black Widow shot. - Yup
* If I use the Mind Gem while she's uncollected, does collecting her recharge it? - Yup, any level up will recharge, including uncollected to collected
* Once I've used a level 2 Mind Gem boom, I must MOVE the Mind Gem to use it again. Can it be moved to Hulk and then moved back to Black Widow for another level 2 boom? - Yup, but you do not have to do it this way. While you must go through the "change gems" action, you can just place it right back on BW and be good to go again. No need to actually move it.

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Separate, silly topic... what’s everyone getting on their RPM score?

I just mentioned this yesterday...1490.625

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Must have missed that post! That's a good rip. Good to know I still have some room.

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from Broohaha:

Well, the carbon balls are really for games with heavy mag play....To be clear: AIQ doesn’t impart magnetism to the balls...

Well I just always use carbon balls in games with magnets. If holding multiple balls still with a magnet for seconds at a time isn't "heavy use" I don't know what would be

Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I've had 4-5 NIB Sterns over the years, but this is a new one for me.

Yep it's a thing alright, off & on for years.

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from Mtg381:

Wow, my fastest is 750.

#5767 3 years ago

Finished my AIQ custom topper! Each gem light is tied into the corresponding gauntlet light.

IMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0185 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPGIMG_0206 (resized).JPG
#5768 3 years ago

Short video showing my AIQ custom topper in attract mode.

#5769 3 years ago

i went to the audits today:
after 255 games (almost no other player than me):
30% right drain, 27% left drain
And I did the "big" post mod on right side and I adjusted the slings, because it was worse before!
I love the game, but I will keep looking for a way to dial it in order to balance these drains. I think 20/60/20 should be the way, right?

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well I just always use carbon balls in games with magnets. If holding multiple balls still with a magnet for seconds at a time isn't "heavy use" I don't know what would be

I’m no expert, but my assumption was that the strength and frequency drove whether or not the balls get magnetized during a typical pinball lifetime. I’ve used both, and had no issues either way. I think some pinsiders just prefer the shiner balls...

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

i went to the audits today:
after 255 games (almost no other player than me):
30% right drain, 27% left drain
And I did the "big" post mod on right side and I adjusted the slings, because it was worse before!
I love the game, but I will keep looking for a way to dial it in order to balance these drains. I think 20/60/20 should be the way, right?

I did my audits today too after about 1400 plays (kids and mom about 30% of the games with me and my aggressive nudging about 70%) and set at 6.5 :
Left - 25%
Center - 54%
Right - 21%
I also added the Star posts about 700 games in and noticed a slight difference in side drains. It’s a brutal game but I wouldn’t have it any other way. I have played a few of the latest JJP games and they’re fun, but feel kind of slow. I can’t get over the speed of this game. It’s so fun and so unforgiving and wonderful and challenging and relentless all at the same time. The depth is ridiculous. But I think the thing I love the most is all of the different “Scoring Challenges”. Having a shot at 25 different challenges to get your name on the board makes this so interesting to play. I find myself choosing a different goal or strategy almost every game. Plus my kids love it too. They can’t challenge me for the Grand Champ score, but they have me on things like Combo Champ or Time Gem Champ. It makes it enjoyable for them as much as me.

As I look to add another game to my collection, what other games have this level of individual challenges like AIQ? It’ll jump to the top of my list.

#5772 3 years ago

Sorry for asking as I know it's been answered several times, but what is the recommended incline for this table? Been relying on the little bubble thing, but finally got my Klein angle gauge today... Thanks!

#5773 3 years ago

6.5 degrees measured between the flippers. Start with all levelers raised (no threads showing), then adjust as needed.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Sorry for asking as I know it's been answered several times, but what is the recommended incline for this table? Been relying on the little bubble thing, but finally got my Klein angle gauge today... Thanks!

I have at 7 and I like it a lot. super fast.

#5775 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I changed my slings power to 11.

Crank sling power settings to 30 and it solves the very frustrating cheap drain issues. At greater power when the ball hits the slings, they bounce higher than the outlane entrances and keeps the ball in play. Factory power is set at 25 which is just right for the balls to have the cheap drain ricochets to the outlanes. So frustrating! Tried lower settings and all that does is ricochet the ball straight from the slings more slowly arching right into the outlane drains. Sling power set at 30 and now no cheap drains. Problem solved and AIQ now shoots like a dream machine!

#5776 3 years ago

Well finally figured out how the gems work and using their abilities...so yeah that helps

Man, hard mode Soul Gem; that's a tuffy.

#5777 3 years ago

So guys that have played both pro and premium is it worth the upgrade really considering this as my next game.

#5778 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

So guys that have played both pro and premium is it worth the upgrade really considering this as my next game.

I just got the pro and I'm very happy with it! The premium does have some great extras but for me, it wasn't worth the extra money. A cheap, easy upgrade is the yellow backbox molding...I think it looks much better than the stock black.

IMG_20210307_161946686 (resized).jpgIMG_20210307_161946686 (resized).jpg
#5779 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

I was able to get a very good bargain for the pro, prem were so in demand last year, you had to pay msrp, at least in my area.
No regret, the prem layout looks super good, but Stern mechs tend to be high maintenance, and i prefer spending more time playing & less time fixing

#5780 3 years ago

Haven't had the chance to play a premium but the kids and I love our pro! Less to break/need fixing, not that it won't on the pro too.

20210201_190315 (resized).jpg20210201_190315 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1611366210895 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1611366210895 (resized).jpg
#5781 3 years ago

Is there an easy fix for fly balls getting stuck in the prem/le wireframe intersection? This is a real issue for gameplay. Tried an old outlane plastic in there mounted under the nearest wireframe screw and it worked but is ugly, wondering if there is a place I can order custom clear one to my specs. The non clear blocks the view of collect gem led so painting the old scrap isn’t really a great option.

183AB730-77EF-4F79-BAFE-B74425969898 (resized).jpeg183AB730-77EF-4F79-BAFE-B74425969898 (resized).jpeg2C247A60-8C25-4755-9013-E5F5E002A3E6 (resized).jpeg2C247A60-8C25-4755-9013-E5F5E002A3E6 (resized).jpeg

#5782 3 years ago

As I said earlier, I don't think you're getting less game with a pro on this title. I can't see how you'd go wrong with either. But it is worth mentioning the need to service and tweak the subway, CM ramp, and rising stage. Some folks seem to have zero issues, other are in a constant uphill battle!

Unrelated, I keep forgetting that some gem mode shots are on the drop targets. This morning, I was doing one of the modes and could not figure out what shot to hit. After the ball eventually drained, I noticed the grid flashing and moving up and down. Oops.

#5783 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Is there an easy fix for fly balls getting stuck in the prem/le wireframe intersection? This is a real issue for gameplay. Tried an old outlane plastic in there mounted under the nearest wireframe screw and it worked but is ugly, wondering if there is a place I can order custom clear one to my specs. The non clear blocks the view of collect gem led so painting the old scrap isn’t really a great option.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I emailed Stern about this and they asked for a video of it, apparently they'd not heard of this happening. It happens every few games for me and I haven't been able to come up with a fix. I feel like there needs to be a plastic guard above the two wireforms or something similar.

#5784 3 years ago

I am very happy with my Pro. Other than a wobbly sanctum disc, this thing has been a champ (waiting on Stern replacement). I do hate the wimpy sound coming out of the CM spinner and that ramp seemed nice, but the other options I don't miss. I'm pretty sure you can't back hand the CM ramp, but I sure can nail that spinner with the right flipper, so maybe the game is a bit easier. I put my pitch to 6.7 and really don't feel cheated by the outlanes that much. IMDN seems worse to me. Can't wait to get the topper and other accessories as I think this is a keeper.

#5785 3 years ago

s there an easy fix for fly balls getting stuck in the prem/le wireframe intersection?

I was able to bend the top wire form up a touch, and the ball can pass by that way.

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I emailed Stern about this and they asked for a video of it, apparently they'd not heard of this happening. It happens every few games for me and I haven't been able to come up with a fix. I feel like there needs to be a plastic guard above the two wireforms or something similar.

As mentioned above, a small bend to the wireforms will fix it.

#5787 3 years ago

in 80 games I have had zero issues, nada, with any ramps or the subway. Capt Marvel ramp works, do not know why people have issues with it. Subway works.
Maitenance? that is pinball, if you do not like maintenance in my opinion then you should not own pinball machines, just enjoy them elsewhere...

I have been working on a 90s game for the last month, did a lot of work, after receiving my first stern 2 days ago, I can tell you: there is not a lot to go wrong with a modern game. I can't be happier with the newer Stern, I find it is built really well.
Sure it does not have the old schools decals, the 90s game had, do I care? no. Are the decals cheaper when/if need replacement, yes. WIN WIN.

The electronics in new games are smart, minimalistic, I love it.... Less clutter under the PF, working on a new game is EASY when compared to a 90s game (or older).

Ok so now: dimples? less talk about them for a sec (and stop here) My 90s games has a GAZILLION dimples, the fact you can't see them has nothing to do with the wood used nowadays vs 90s. IT IS THE SAME, you just need to play the game a few thousand times and the dimples will disappear.

What else? Nothing. I am VERY impressed with this game, the flow is AMAZING. I love the game, I am happy with my purchase and I am a 90s pinball kid! I love my 90s pins, but I can't find anything wrong with modern games, in fact, I prefer them.

Stern makes a good game in my opinion!

Now coming back to issues:

I think my Dr strange isn't perfectly flat but not sure it can be? how flat does it have to be all around, I think I can see one side as being slightly higher than the rest but do not think this can be corrected?

Is everyone Dr. Strange disc perfectly flat? levelled with the PF? mine does not seem to be at the moment, but this has not caused any issues so far...

I can try to lower it but do not think the actual disk is actually flat, I might need to take a closer look.

IMG_5532 (resized).jpegIMG_5532 (resized).jpeg

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

I was able to bend the top wire form up a touch, and the ball can pass by that way.

The issue is the ball on top of the lower wire, which cannot be cleared without removing the glass. That ball then traps the second ball when I tried to play out the multi ball I was in.

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from Schabs81:

That marvel ramp is worth every penny imo, it just never gets old, it’s the only shot I enjoy more than the Warp ramp on Star Trek.

I’m also a big fan of the lifting disc, subway and VUK, they break up an otherwise non stop combo fest, which for me gives me time to think and workout what’s next. No regrets at all going for an LE.

#5790 3 years ago

Premium if you can swing it, but pro is great too.

Haven't had a Capt. Marvel ball stuck yet

#5791 3 years ago

in 80 games I have had zero issues, nada, with any ramps or the subway. Capt Marvel ramp works, do not know why people have issues with it. Subway works.
Maitenance? that is pinball, if you do not like maintenance in my opinion then you should not own pinball machines, just enjoy them elsewhere...
I have been working on a 90s game for the last month, did a lot of work, after receiving my first stern 2 days ago, I can tell you: there is not a lot to go wrong with a modern game. I can't be happier with the newer Stern, I find it is built really well.
Sure it does not have the old schools decals, the 90s game had, do I care? no. Are the decals cheaper when/if need replacement, yes. WIN WIN.
The electronics in new games are smart, minimalistic, I love it.... Less clutter under the PF, working on a new game is EASY when compared to a 90s game (or older).
Ok so now: dimples? less talk about them for a sec (and stop here) My 90s games has a GAZILLION dimples, the fact you can't see them has nothing to do with the wood used nowadays vs 90s. IT IS THE SAME, you just need to play the game a few thousand times and the dimples will disappear.
What else? Nothing. I am VERY impressed with this game, the flow is AMAZING. I love the game, I am happy with my purchase and I am a 90s pinball kid! I love my 90s pins, but I can't find anything wrong with modern games, in fact, I prefer them.
Stern makes a good game in my opinion!
Now coming back to issues:
I think my Dr strange isn't perfectly flat but not sure it can be? how flat does it have to be all around, I think I can see one side as being slightly higher than the rest but do not think this can be corrected?
Is everyone Dr. Strange disc perfectly flat? levelled with the PF? mine does not seem to be at the moment, but this has not caused any issues so far...
I can try to lower it but do not think the actual disk is actually flat, I might need to take a closer look.
[quoted image]

Mine isn't flat. From time to time I have to get in and push down on the high side. I got a new leveling kit from Stern but that didn't fix the issue.

#5792 3 years ago

The issue is the ball on top of the lower wire, which cannot be cleared without removing the glass. That ball then traps the second ball when I tried to play out the multi ball I was in.

Put the ball on the top of the bottom wire form, where it is sticking. Then if you lift slightly on the top wireform, the ball will roll through and back onto it.
Bend gently to keep the top wireform just out of the way.

#5793 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Put the ball on the top of the bottom wire form, where it is sticking. Then if you lift slightly on the top wireform, the ball will roll through and back onto it.
Bend gently to keep the top wireform just out of the way.

I will try that, thanks!

#5794 3 years ago

[quoted image]

you can lower that disc easy enough. My problem is that it is lopsided and before I lowered it there were a ton of airballs when the balls would hit the raised end. Now I get an occasional ball resting on the lower side of the disc that now sits a little below the playfield, but the airballs are gone.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Crank sling power settings to 30 and it solves the very frustrating cheap drain issues. At greater power when the ball hits the slings, they bounce higher than the outlane entrances and keeps the ball in play. Factory power is set at 25 which is just right for the balls to have the cheap drain ricochets to the outlanes. So frustrating! Tried lower settings and all that does is ricochet the ball straight from the slings more slowly arching right into the outlane drains. Sling power set at 30 and now no cheap drains. Problem solved and AIQ now shoots like a dream machine!

I actually changed them to the Max and they seem to go above the outlane area. I can try lowering them a bit.

I don’t mind the ball going out if is going that direction. But the slings slowly doing the sideways death March was not good. So stronger is better.

Thanks.

#5796 3 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

you can lower that disc easy enough. My problem is that it is lopsided and before I lowered it there were a ton of airballs when the balls would hit the raised end. Now I get an occasional ball resting on the lower side of the disc that now sits a little below the playfield, but the airballs are gone.

That is right, mine is like that too, so if I lower the high spot then the low spot might be too low and trap the ball. I don't have any air balls though so it might be just right then?

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That marvel ramp is worth every penny imo, it just never gets old, it’s the only shot I enjoy more than the Warp ramp on Star Trek.
I’m also a big fan of the lifting disc, subway and VUK, they break up an otherwise non stop combo fest, which for me gives me time to think and workout what’s next. No regrets at all going for an LE.

In addition to the subway breaking up play, it's also a physical ball lock - which I love. Hate virtual locks, which is why I have a MET Pre as well. Kinda wish I had gone IMDN Pre but that ball lock seems to have a lot of issues, especially early on, so I stayed away.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Agreed on the CM ramp. It may be my favorite shot to hit out of any game I've ever played. My new favorite thing to do now is to combo Black widow with the Captain Marvel ramp over and over until she goes binary. Then I go for the shot multipliers. Its just so satisfying!

#5799 3 years ago

anyone have any idea what % of these premiums have lock issues? i may be able to get the pro or premium. i want premium, but really don't want a headache of stuck pinballs in the subway.

#5800 3 years ago

So I managed to get my disc completely level, it wasn’t bad to start with out the box, with a little tweaking I got it perfectly level with the playfield at the front half but slightly higher and unlevel at the back between 10 and 2.

So I put pieces of 2mm ply under the back end of the mech BOOM perfectly level.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,000 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,722 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/116?hl=eaglepin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.