IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 253.
#5701 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.
[quoted image]

I’ve had this happen a couple of times, usually off a super hard super clean shot to the marvel ramp.

On my game that bottom straight at 6.5 was almost flat and on those super hard shots the ball would hit the end of the wireform and bounce back up to the corner and not have enough momentum to roll back down.

I removed the bottom washer from the wireform and added a couple nylon washers further up the ramp, put the game at 6.7 too and works perfectly now.

#5702 3 years ago

Just updated our premium to 1.0 , disc is not lowering upon startup of a new game, stuck open.

Don't really see where to diagnose/test via the menu. Had no problems all day until the update.

Any ideas?

#5703 3 years ago

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.
[quoted image]

Try increasing the pitch to 6.8-7.0.

#5704 3 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Just updated our premium to 1.0 , disc is not lowering upon startup of a new game, stuck open.
Don't really see where to diagnose/test via the menu. Had no problems all day until the update.
Any ideas?

Just open coin door and close again with power on (trips white interlock switch) or power cycle... I've had this happen as well. Only need to do it once.

#5705 3 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Any ideas?

classic case of installing pro code

#5706 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

Could be this as well!

#5707 3 years ago
Quoted from Theguyoverthere:

HAHA! Doh , first time I've ever done that!

I'd say it's time for a vacation!

Thank you!

#5708 3 years ago

The last two LE code updates did the same for me. Disc was staying up. A power cycle was all that was needed in both cases.

Digging the Capt. Marvel enhancement. As well as the rest of the update. Time to go play some more. Weeee!

#5709 3 years ago

I added Pin Stadium NEOs today. Wow, what a difference they make! The pics are heavy on yellow tone... I'm still experimenting with the colors. Also a pic next to GnRCE for comparison.

20210306_164838 (resized).jpg20210306_164838 (resized).jpg20210306_165119 (resized).jpg20210306_165119 (resized).jpg
#5710 3 years ago
Quoted from CafeOne:

Any ideas?

Have you tried turning it off and on again? This happened to me last update too.

#5711 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Have you tried turning it off and on again? This happened to me last update too.

No , I accidentally installed pro code on our premium. Silly me!

#5712 3 years ago

I got the game 2 days ago. some facts:

the shots are incredible
love the premium features
the game is an absolute blast
loving the rules and exploring it, lots to do on this one!

I can't find anything wrong with it, I love it. I am very impressed by it and I am very picky.

last but not least, it has been flawless out of the box AND the game was made on my birthday, so it was meant to be? lol

loving it!

#5713 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Quoted from EaglePin:

Had this on mine also. The end of it has a couple rough bumps that can hold the ball up. I took the wire off and tried to bend the end down by hand a bit. It helped. I haven't had any balls hang up there any more. I don't know if that bump also might have now worn down a bit over time. You could also try adding a washer to the connection point further up the line. In addition to removing a washer at that spot like you mentioned, adding one at the spot further up might give it a slight bit more angle down also. I don't know if it would help though. Just spitballing an idea.

Had this problem at the beginning as well, and the fix was exactly as EaglePin described. Bending the end carefully by hand while the wireform is removed will take out the flat spot in the wireform.

#5714 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Had this on Maiden.

Faulty ramp.

#5715 3 years ago

Hi all, got AIQ Premium 3 days ago. It's my first ever pin and I’m loving it. Also big shoutout to everyone here on pinside, such a great community and help.

One issue Im running into is plunges with my shooter rod. Again, pinball is new to me so may not be using right terminology... but the ball will rattle and not make it up the ramp on over half of my manual plunges. To my eyes it almost seems like ball jumps upwards and then rattles and kills momentum.

I do not have this issue with auto plunge (or action button plunge).

Is there something I can/should tweak to remedy this?

Love the game but it was really frustrating me last night.

Thanks all!

#5716 3 years ago

So I'm kinda new to pinball and have been modding my cabinets a bit. I got speaker lights and, per the instructions, have them plugged into CN11 on the main in-cab board. I just bought flipper lights and the instructions say to also plug into CN11. Is there anywhere else I can plug them into instead, since that port is taken?

#5717 3 years ago
Quoted from ticktockman:

So I'm kinda new to pinball and have been modding my cabinets a bit. I got speaker lights and, per the instructions, have them plugged into CN11 on the main in-cab board. I just bought flipper lights and the instructions say to also plug into CN11. Is there anywhere else I can plug them into instead, since that port is taken?

You can use a splitter,. It has a 1A fuse so you do not exceed the power allowance from the board.

https://www.pinballlife.com/spike-12v-power-adapter-6-long-with-2-way-y-splitter.html

Or you can plug the speaker light into the backbox by using this kit which will also allow for additional mods in the future.

https://www.pinballlife.com/accessory-power-supply-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-machines-backbox-mounting.html

#5718 3 years ago
Quoted from Needmorcowbell:

Hi all, got AIQ Premium 3 days ago. It's my first ever pin and I’m loving it. Also big shoutout to everyone here on pinside, such a great community and help.
One issue Im running into is plunges with my shooter rod. Again, pinball is new to me so may not be using right terminology... but the ball will rattle and not make it up the ramp on over half of my manual plunges. To my eyes it almost seems like ball jumps upwards and then rattles and kills momentum.
I do not have this issue with auto plunge (or action button plunge).
Is there something I can/should tweak to remedy this?
Love the game but it was really frustrating me last night.
Thanks all!

I put washers under the ramp removing the two screws in the shooter lane ramp base and that helped a bit, my issues are the auto launcher mainly now..........but I am getting better at manually overriding that with a quick plunge in soul gem mode.

#5720 3 years ago

Binary! WTF does that mean even? I love playing this game but then it shouts "going binary" and some objectives ensue, but what does that even mean? To me it is stupid as hell to scream "going to a 2^1 numbering system". Seriously, what? Please lie to me if you have to but take this tarnish from my mind.

#5721 3 years ago
Quoted from Rhombus:

Binary! WTF does that mean even? I love playing this game but then it shouts "going binary" and some objectives ensue, but what does that even mean? To me it is stupid as hell to scream "going to a 2^1 numbering system". Seriously, what? Please lie to me if you have to but take this tarnish from my mind.

According to Google:

What does it mean when Captain Marvel goes binary?
Marvel, then taking on the Captain Marvel mantle. During her recovery, she discovered that she could absorb energy into herself and charge her DNA. If she absorbs enough energy she can regain her Binary form for short periods, doubling her power. Powering up this way is often referred to as “going Binary.”

#5722 3 years ago

Loving the new code, such a blast this game.
Can anybody tell me how you lower the upper flipper when you are craddeling left low flipper?
Thanks!

#5723 3 years ago
Quoted from dutchi:

Loving the new code, such a blast this game.
Can anybody tell me how you lower the upper flipper when you are craddeling left low flipper?
Thanks!

The left flippers are on separate contacts - as you push the flipper button slowly - the lower flipper engages first and then the upper flipper, so you can flip the lower without flipping the upper once you have the "feel" for it. You can also flip the upper flipper while keeping the lower flipper cradled. Not easy to do though.

#5724 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

According to Google:
What does it mean when Captain Marvel goes binary?
Marvel, then taking on the Captain Marvel mantle. During her recovery, she discovered that she could absorb energy into herself and charge her DNA. If she absorbs enough energy she can regain her Binary form for short periods, doubling her power. Powering up this way is often referred to as “going Binary.”

And perfectly integrated into the game as the ramp goes x2

#5725 3 years ago
Quoted from BrackAttack:

Re: The Disc leveling kit, document number 755-7711-00
Thank you everyone for your help & input. I was able to get it with your directions. I went ahead and filmed the removal for prosperity; here is the video: (*note: I removed the assembly for modding, but the instructions don’t require removal.)

Can anybody tell me please what tool is this?

I will be installing a playfield protector and I suspect that I will have to adjust the height of the rotating disc and would like to know what is the name of the tool used on this video so I can buy it...

#5726 3 years ago

Broke into the 400million club last night....4 gems, and a freaking blast!!!! Swear the thing looked like an amusement park when hitting multiple ramps.

Such a fun game!!!! (@vireland's fan kits didn't seem to help my wrists however, lol...they got a workout.. )

#5727 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

I will be installing a playfield protector and I suspect that I will have to adjust the height of the rotating disc and would like to know what is the name of the tool used on this video so I can buy it...

It's Stern's warranty fix. Ask your distributor for it.

#5728 3 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Broke into the 400million club last night....4 gems, and a freaking blast!!!! Swear the thing looked like an amusement park when hitting multiple ramps.
Such a fun game!!!! (vireland's fan kits didn't seem to help my wrists however, lol...they got a workout.. )

Believe me, if I could invent a companion kit to help my wrists for long games where my hands start going numb from the cocked angle of my wrists while engaging with the flipper buttons, I totally would. Maybe some kind of ergonomic wrist-friendly add-on platform? Hmm...

#5729 3 years ago

Loving my premium.
Looping Gauntlet jackpots with the upper flipper is just the best

#5730 3 years ago

Code has made it to 1.0. What’s the consensus on the age old question. Pro or Prem?

#5731 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Code has made it to 1.0. What’s the consensus on the age old question. Pro or Prem?

The raising spinner table is great.
Captain Marvel wireform if great, but a little frustating with rejects...waiting for a fix in the mail though.
Subway is pretty lame.
I say prem+ if you have the cash

Edit: oh and obviously a scoop instead of a stand up

#5732 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've been really happy with the Premium - never played the Pro but seemed worth the extra $ to get the upgrades. No regrets.

#5733 3 years ago

looked handy for sure, like some kind of bottle or jar opener to gain leverage on that nylon nut. it’s possible to get it off without such a tool though. i’ve had mine apart a couple times. first time i grabbed the leveling bushing VERY CAREFULLY (so as not to strip) with a channel lock and turned the nylon nut by hand. subsequent disassembles i was just able to do it by hand. removing the nut while the assembly is still in the machine helps with leverage too, since it is bolted to the playfield and less prone to twist than than it was in the video where it was out of the game. once the nylon nut is loose the leveling bushing can just be turned with fingers to actually raise and lower the disc. final step involves positioning the magnetic sensor the right distance from the bottom of the disc assembly. if it’s wrong the disc spins won’t register right, so it’s important to do it. it’s easy though because there’s a magnet test in the service menu and the tolerances aren’t very tight. the only tool you need for the last step is a 7/16”nut driver.

#5734 3 years ago

got my first gem yesterday. not sure how i did it, but i got one. power gem, i think.

#5735 3 years ago
Quoted from weaverj:

got my first gem today. not sure how i did it, but i got one. power gem, i think.

I always go for the gem that let's you collect shots with the action button first. And stack in Thor multiball so that I stand a better chance at completing it!

On that, if I use the action button to collect a shot, how do I recharge the action button use?

#5736 3 years ago

I have no idea, but if you figure it out let me know. I used pliers with a towel on mine and marred up the plastic a slightly. i've never seen that tool before, must be something specialty.

#5737 3 years ago

Wow! I finally got to play AIQ yesterday! What a fantastic flowing game! Now I’m positive AIQ premium will be my very first NIB. I played the Pro and it was a blast. I can only imagine how cool the extra ramp and portal will be on the premium. Either way, I believe both pro and premium are a win win Also got to try JP. Really enjoyed shooting it as well. Would really love owning that game too, but I can only get one, and it shall be AIQ(P)
I played them both and many others at a place called Portal Pinball in Kennesaw Ga. Very nice selection of games there! They had GnR as well. Have to say JP and AIQ were the 2 I kept going back to though.

14CAA236-7389-495C-9F92-344A8AD4F050 (resized).jpeg14CAA236-7389-495C-9F92-344A8AD4F050 (resized).jpeg30262AFB-07BD-4463-90E2-331538821622 (resized).jpeg30262AFB-07BD-4463-90E2-331538821622 (resized).jpegAB1C4550-7C99-4381-BA3C-6A8AAAB807FD (resized).jpegAB1C4550-7C99-4381-BA3C-6A8AAAB807FD (resized).jpeg71B1E20A-66CF-4977-A270-3FB83AA34AD0 (resized).jpeg71B1E20A-66CF-4977-A270-3FB83AA34AD0 (resized).jpeg99247A6A-2519-4861-8D82-F8A104A0DC83 (resized).jpeg99247A6A-2519-4861-8D82-F8A104A0DC83 (resized).jpeg8899F5A0-EE77-412F-BAF9-B64AC5F7C1F5 (resized).jpeg8899F5A0-EE77-412F-BAF9-B64AC5F7C1F5 (resized).jpeg

#5738 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I've only played the Pro. But from what I'm reading and what I've watched, this isn't a game where going Pro or Premium will leave you feeling like you're really "missing out" on features like other Stern games. I'm incredibly impressed with how jam packed the Pro is.

#5739 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I always go for the gem that let's you collect shots with the action button first. And stack in Thor multiball so that I stand a better chance at completing it!
On that, if I use the action button to collect a shot, how do I recharge the action button use?

To recharge the Mind Gem, you have to level up the Avenger it's on or use the Space Gem or "Change Gems" to move it to a different Avenger that's been collected. For example, if Mind Gem is on an Avenger that's been collected and you use it up then hitting shots to power up that Avenger to Level 1 will recharge it and give you Level 1 Mind Gem power (3 uses on the best shot available).

#5740 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

To recharge the Mind Gem, you have to level up the Avenger it's on or use the Space Gem or "Change Gems" to move it to a different Avenger that's been collected. For example, if Mind Gem is on an Avenger that's been collected and you use it up then hitting shots to power up that Avenger to Level 1 will recharge it and give you Level 1 Mind Gem power (3 uses on the best shot available).

I just read the Tilt rules and it says:

Action Button will spot shots (one use for each threshold of Avenger qualification for the Avenger with the Mind Gem), with similarities to the BOOM button in Deadpool. After all uses are depleted, the gem must be replaced or the Avenger leveled up in order to use it again.

* If Mind Gem is on an uncollected / collected Avenger, action button will only work on THAT shot for all modes running. Uncollected = 1 use. Collected = 2 uses

* If placed on level 1 Avenger, action button will spot the best shot anywhere on the playfield (what the game thinks is the “best” shot) – 3 uses.

* If placed on level 2 Avenger, action button will act like a Big Boom and spot all shots in all running modes, left to right, in order. This can be very helpful during Hulk Rampage! Unlike the other Mind Booms, this only works once and then the Mind gem must be re-placed.

* If placed on the drop targets, the action button can be used to stop the cycling lit square and allow you to gain computer grid awards easier. Must be re-placed after three grid collections through this method. If the computer cannot be advanced because you are in a wizard mode, mind gem on drops will act as hitting all the drops down. This allows you to use it in Soul Gem if mind gem is on drops.

* If placed on Captain Marvel, scores 1 ramp / 10 spins worth of progress towards a count up award and spots whatever shot is currently lit there. Must be re-placed after three uses.

So if I understand correctly, I'll use Black Widow as an example...

I have not collected Black Widow and I place the Mind Gem on her.

* Because she is not collected, I can use the Mind Gem to collect 1 shot on Black Widow.
* I can collect her while the Mind Gem is there and am now able to use it twice on the Black Widow shot.
* If I use the Mind Gem while she's uncollected, does collecting her recharge it?
* Once I've used a level 2 Mind Gem boom, I must MOVE the Mind Gem to use it again. Can it be moved to Hulk and then moved back to Black Widow for another level 2 boom?

#5741 3 years ago

I was inspecting my AIQ and notice that this post at the top left corner, around the turn after the hulk spinner, is missing the rubber bumper sleeve... wondering if it is missing OR if it is actually supposed to be missing.

IMG_5530 (resized).jpegIMG_5530 (resized).jpeg

#5742 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

I just read the Tilt rules and it says:

So if I understand correctly, I'll use Black Widow as an example...
I have not collected Black Widow and I place the Mind Gem on her.
* Because she is not collected, I can use the Mind Gem to collect 1 shot on Black Widow.
* I can collect her while the Mind Gem is there and am now able to use it twice on the Black Widow shot.
* If I use the Mind Gem while she's uncollected, does collecting her recharge it?
* Once I've used a level 2 Mind Gem boom, I must MOVE the Mind Gem to use it again. Can it be moved to Hulk and then moved back to Black Widow for another level 2 boom?

You need a mandatory IQ of 140 to understand all the nuances of this game. I like to shoot flashing shots gosh darn it!

#5743 3 years ago

I was inspecting my AIQ and notice that this post at the top left corner, around the turn after the hulk spinner, is missing the rubber bumper sleeve... wondering if it is missing OR if it is actually supposed to be missing.
[quoted image]

I just checked and mine looks the same. I've had no problems with the Capt America shot, so I think you are all good!

#5744 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You need a mandatory IQ of 140 to understand all the nuances of this game. I like to shoot flashing shots gosh darn it!

It's WAY deeper than I expected, ha.

#5745 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

What are all the people that are complaining about side drains seeing for audits?

Left - 54
Center 119
Right - 79

#5746 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I posted this earlier - I have a rubber on mine but the previous owner put it there. Doesn't seem to negatively impact the game so I left it.

#5747 3 years ago

[quoted image]

I thought this was a thread post but there is NOT supposed to be a post sleeve on that post. It’s made that way on purpose.

#5748 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

It's WAY deeper than I expected, ha.

Yup, perfect for a home pin.

This game isn’t the munsters folks...

#5749 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I thought this was a thread post but there is NOT supposed to be a post sleeve on that post. It’s made that way on purpose.

great to know ok so it is normal then, no post sleeve on that one. Thanks for that!

#5750 3 years ago

now another question, I am worrying that my antman guiderail and Thor might be digging on the playfield. I have played a few games, did not count how many but might be close to 100..t I noticed that in both of these locations (antman and Thor) some dust was developing around the rails... no scratches or anything visible at the moment so not sure what it was, PF is mint.

I took a closer look and there is no damager to the PF, but would be annoyed if I miss the chance to correct this now while it is mint and not once the damage is there....

What is the preferred method to correct this? I have the cliffys set, installed the shooter lane cliffs tonight but the antman cliffy is an eyesore so I am looking at other options...soooo... washer?

I presume adding washers involved disassembling most of the playfield to lift this up.... I might just do it when I install the playfield protector.

and last, (lost of questions sorry), how often are you guys replacing balls? the factory balls look really beat up just after 50 games... I might just toss them out very soon, this game is fast and the balls take a beating? or is it that the factory balls are shiteza?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 65.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Machine - For Sale
Bonney Lake, WA
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 69.50
Playfield - Other
Precision Pinball prod.
Other
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.50
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
There are 12,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/115?hl=ericc123 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.