04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 255.
#5651 3 years ago

FEZMID,,ME 2 !!

#5652 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wait, what? Am I missing how Hawkeye works? I've never seen anything other than "amateur". Can someone explain what I'm missing?

I think 0.99 introduced Amateur, Pro and Marksman difficulty and awards. Complete Amateur to get to Pro, etc.

#5653 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Wait, what? Am I missing how Hawkeye works? I've never seen anything other than "amateur". Can someone explain what I'm missing?

Amateur is the first challenge (for a portal lock). If you make that, the next challenge (pro) is for an extra ball. If you make that one, the next challenge is called marksman and will award a gem! I’ve had two chances at the marksman challenge so far but honked them both.

It looks like the new wrinkle is that you can choose to skip the pro challenge and go for a previously lost gem instead. I’m wondering, if you miss it do you get the same option when you requalify Hawkeye challenge?

#5654 3 years ago
72B78244-9A9D-4D68-8BA4-D62533608224 (resized).jpeg72B78244-9A9D-4D68-8BA4-D62533608224 (resized).jpeg
#5655 3 years ago

It's weird hes the only character on the PF nowhere in the code or on the screen. War Machine isn't in any of the artwork and is in the replay animation.

#5656 3 years ago

I like the new hard level for Soul Gem. I just used it and hit the first four shots pretty quick, used L1 Mind gem for three shots, then got the Tower right away & finished with 20 flips remaining. Got 200,250,000 for it. Captain Marvel hurry up is fun too.

#5657 3 years ago

Played the new code tonight. I’m really digging it. Managed to get more extra balls than I’ve ever gotten before so that was nice. Love the new gauntlet animation after winning/losing a gem. Game feels much more polished than it did at 0.91 code.

I just wish there were more call outs during the battles...Like I want the black order to snack talk me, make fun of me for missing shots or taking too long. And wheres the call out for beating one of the black order members? Sometimes I have no idea if I’ve won or not. I just happen to look at the pot belly ramp and see the “collect gem” insert blinking... I guess this is what we are gonna get from a call outs/music standpoint. Animations are fine since I play pinball and look at the Playfield most of the time. Just wish there was more life in the game sound-wise.

#5658 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Played the new code tonight. I’m really digging it. Managed to get more extra balls than I’ve ever gotten before so that was nice. Love the new gauntlet animation after winning/losing a gem. Game feels much more polished than it did at 0.91 code.
I just wish there were more call outs during the battles...Like I want the black order to snack talk me, make fun of me for missing shots or taking too long. And wheres the call out for beating one of the black order members? Sometimes I have no idea if I’ve won or not. I just happen to look at the pot belly ramp and see the “collect gem” insert blinking... I guess this is what we are gonna get from a call outs/music standpoint. Animations are fine since I play pinball and look at the Playfield most of the time. Just wish there was more life in the game sound-wise.

If Elwins track record is anything to go by, that should all be coming in following updates.

Maiden is on 1.08 and JP is on 1.03 code revisions and quite a lot was added to those games, pretty sure even new modes in those updates past 1.0.

Looks like the rules and modes are all pretty much final now, loving the extra depth to the captain marvel ramp with the hurry up and multiplier changes.

New light shows and gauntlet animations are also fantastic!!

#5659 3 years ago

Are we still stuck with the boring trophy room screen as the main screen we see 75% of the time?

#5660 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Are we still stuck with the boring trophy room screen as the main screen we see 75% of the time?

Looks that way.........until its needed for online purposes

#5661 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I like the new hard level for Soul Gem. I just used it and hit the first four shots pretty quick, used L1 Mind gem for three shots, then got the Tower right away & finished with 20 flips remaining. Got 200,250,000 for it. Captain Marvel hurry up is fun too.

I feel sheepish asking this here since I’ve had the game since November but...what is the CM hurry up and how does it work? Has it always been there and I just didn’t notice?

#5662 3 years ago

Mostly loving the new code so far. Marvel hurry-ups are awesome. Soul Gem hard mode is a great addition, but not one I will personally use much as I struggle enough with normal some days. Very happy about the Soul Gem "decline" for Black Order multiball. Again, not one I will use much since I do not get there all that often, but I love that I have a choice to risk it now. Hawkeye now has some major strategy...I really need to get better at that. Just a ton of awesome, deeper inclusions that will add longevity to the game as I get better at it.

I really like the disc RPM, but what is with the sound effect it adds when it reports the RPM? It seems random...must be based on what else is going on with low priority. At first I thought it only made the sound when you hit a new RPM record, but then I noticed it happening multiple times on a couple balls, for RPMs that were definitely not records. It's such an odd sound and really doesn't seem to fit the theme at all. I do not mind it for a new record, but I hope I do not have to hear it every time I hit the disc.

My only other concern so far is the "trailer" video. It's super cool, and I love that they added it, but there seems to be a few awkward transitions when it plays and ends. Seems like that could use a little clean-up. Minor complaint, but it's a little jarring at times when it starts and stops.

More leaderboards are always welcome. KME and team have really spoiled us with so many of them. I get annoyed when most games have very few. I would definitely like to see other coders embrace them the way these guys have.

Lots of other nice polish here. The new gauntlet animation and light shows are great. I haven't played enough to get a feel for everything, but I'm happy with what I've seen so far! Great game, keeps getting better!

#5663 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Maybe the offset post available at Pinball Life, but on the lower post instead of the upper?

What is an offset post? I’m assuming I understand the concept, but didn’t see anything that obviously fit the description on their site. I don’t have my game yet, but my wife is an ultra novice player, so I’m taking notes on what I may need to tweak to keep the game playable for her.

#5664 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

I feel sheepish asking this here since I’ve had the game since November but...what is the CM hurry up and how does it work? Has it always been there and I just didn’t notice?

It wasn't in there before, it's new for this update. I don't know the details on how it works (how many shots it takes to start it), but I hit the CM ramp a few times and then the Black Widow and CM shot inserts lit up similar to how the Black Panther arrow lights for a combo jackpot. I then hit both the Black Widow and CM shots back to back right away after they lit and got about 10M out of it. Seems to take a certain number of CM shots to start it, but I don't know how many. I think it may have said how many shots it takes on the screen when the CM shot was hit but I wasn't able to take a good look at it.

#5665 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

It wasn't in there before, it's new for this update. I don't know the details on how it works (how many shots it takes to start it), but I hit the CM ramp a few times and then the Black Widow and CM shot inserts lit up similar to how the Black Panther arrow lights for a combo jackpot. I then hit both the Black Widow and CM shots back to back right away after they lit and got about 10M out of it. Seems to take a certain number of CM shots to start it, but I don't know how many. I think it may have said how many shots it takes on the screen when the CM shot was hit but I wasn't able to take a good look at it.

Thanks!! It’s a relief to learn this is a new addition to the code....I thought I had missed something.

Updated this morning...it took a few tries but it updated in the third try (I recall the last update took a few tries too). I choose Full update, no verification (no idea what the difference is between any of the options).

#5666 3 years ago

new code is excellent, Elwin never disappoints! just scooped an X-men to put next to it too.. looking good together.

20210301_155353 (resized).jpg20210301_155353 (resized).jpg
#5667 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Rarely look up at it but yeah it’s still there and I don’t see it changing, trophies are a big part of the game and when you have two of the worlds best players designing the rules for people like me (shit player) up to people like them (the elite players) they are a great inclusion.

Should have been a hall of armour instead of trophies but it’s no biggie to me, I’m digging the trophies, sometimes I don’t even play with points in mind, I try and play for those trophies as I have trophy multiball set to 10 trophies, it just adds another level of depth and another way to play, pure genius and moving pinball forward with the times for a wider audience who grew up on achievements and trophies.

#5668 3 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

What is an offset post? I’m assuming I understand the concept, but didn’t see anything that obviously fit the description on their site. I don’t have my game yet, but my wife is an ultra novice player, so I’m taking notes on what I may need to tweak to keep the game playable for her.

EDIT: This particular post is NOT offset like I thought it was...

I am not using it myself, but the hole is offset so you can close the outlane gap a little more.

https://www.pinballlife.com/avengers-infinity-quest-outlane-post-mod.html

#5669 3 years ago

I updated code late last night and only got a game in on it... Loving it so far!

I'm in the middle of working 8 out of 9 days (10 hour days), so hopefully can get some more time in on my day off, Sunday.

#5670 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Quoted from awesome1:

I am not using it myself, but the hole is offset so you can close the outlane gap a little more.

I’ve got that installed - definitely helps, but there are still lots of balls that wind up draining in the outlanes...

#5671 3 years ago

What are all the people that are complaining about side drains seeing for audits?
I checked mine, both side drains about equal, and center drains higher than either side drain individually. So that seems fine to me. Curious on actual numbers for these “side drain monsters”

#5672 3 years ago

Was the Marvel logo with the Avengers on the sides always in the game during attract? Looks great!

#5673 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

just before you keep promoting this product as something it's not.. there's nothing offset about that. that's just a regular ol' clear star post, w a machine screw and washers.. it's simply wider than the original thinner metal post. as a matter of fact, it's so silly that pinball life even jokes in the description how, while you're at it, why not add this to all your games to make them easier??

#5674 3 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

What are all the people that are complaining about side drains seeing for audits?
I checked mine, both side drains about equal, and center drains higher than either side drain individually. So that seems fine to me. Curious on actual numbers for these “side drain monsters”

So let's take the most fun game I own - Deadpool, and least fun game I own, Avengers: IQ and compare my audits.....

*DeadPool*

Ball played: 7331
Ball saved: 1720 (23%)

Right drains: 1040 (14%)
Center drains: 5616 (77%)
Left drains: 675 (9%)

*Avengers*
Balls played: 1924
Balls saved: 600 (31%)

Right drains: 502 (26%)
Center drains: 957 (50%)
Left drains: 465 (24%)

My games gets played by both me (70%) and my kids (30%) so these numbers represent a good variety of skill levels. Matches up with all anecdotes - Avengers IS an outlane drain monster. Both games have outlanes set at factory settings. Both have the inlane post rubbers removed.

BTW - I've found that turning slingshot power all the way up to 64 is the best no-drain setting. At the lowest setting, they actually seem to aim the ball into the outlane. At 64, they overshoot the outlane area far more often.

#5675 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

most fun game I own - Deadpool, and least fun game I own, Avengers: IQ

Funny, I find the exact opposite. But i generally like punishing games.

#5676 3 years ago

My DPLE isn't a side drain monster!I'm not finding any difference in AIQ either

#5677 3 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

just before you keep promoting this product as something it's not.. there's nothing offset about that. that's just a regular ol' clear star post, w a machine screw and washers.. it's simply wider than the original thinner metal post. as a matter of fact, it's so silly that pinball life even jokes in the description how, while you're at it, why not add this to all your games to make them easier??

Thanks for pointing that out... maybe it was a pinside shop that offers the offset post and not pinball life? Pretty sure I saw one somewhere....

#5678 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Matches up with all anecdotes - Avengers IS an outlane drain monster. Both games have outlanes set at factory settings. Both have the inlane post rubbers removed

Thanks for sharing!
Seems like Deadpool is too easy!
But actually, I just looked at a DEadpool on location and the numbers were similar to yours. Different strokes I guess.
However, the ball has to drain somewhere, maybe Deadpool is a “center drain monster!”

#5679 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

So let's take the most fun game I own - Deadpool, and least fun game I own, Avengers: IQ and compare my audits.....
*DeadPool*
*Avengers*
My games gets played by both me (70%) and my kids (30%) so these numbers represent a good variety of skill levels. Matches up with all anecdotes - Avengers IS an outlane drain monster. Both games have outlanes set at factory settings. Both have the inlane post rubbers removed.
BTW - I've found that turning slingshot power all the way up to 64 is the best no-drain setting. At the lowest setting, they actually seem to aim the ball into the outlane. At 64, they overshoot the outlane area far more often.

It's all personal preference... I LOVE my Deadpool Pro and my AIQ Premium. I can have very short games on both and also 30 to 60+ minute games on both. (I have beaten final Mr. Sinister and final Thanos)

Currently I'm still in the honeymoon phase with AIQ even though I've had it since early November and I probably play AIQ 40 games to 1 vs DP or any of my other machines currently.

#5680 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

*DeadPool*
*Avengers*

Better sell your AIQ, it’s clearly broken!

#5681 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Better sell your AIQ, it’s clearly broken!

Way ahead of ya, bud.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110131

#5682 3 years ago

That's a good price. Good luck with the sale!

#5683 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

Was the Marvel logo with the Avengers on the sides always in the game during attract? Looks great!

It's new in this update. I really like it too!!!

#5684 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

*DeadPool*
*Avengers*

I thought this is an interesting way to analyze it, so I just checked my percentages on Jurassic Park vs. Avengers (both at factory settings)
JP2 (12,449 total drains)
Left 17.4%
Center 58.4%
Right 24.2%

AIQ (4,072 total drains)
Left 21.1%
Center 55.1%
Right 23.8%

So, for me, my AIQ is playing pretty similarly to my JP2. I love both games. Like awesome1 said it's all personal preference. I don't care so much about where the ball is draining as I do about whether or not I like the layout of the shots, the rules & objectives of the game, and if it seems to be a fair & fun game. For me I check the "Yes" box on all three of those things, but it's just my preference. I had STTNG previously and those outlanes were hard also but it didn't bother me because I thought it was a fun game.

#5685 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I had STTNG previously and those outlanes were hard also but it didn't bother me because I thought it was a fun game.

If anyone feels it might be interesting, I'll get the numbers for a few others to provide variety...some older SAM Sterns and Williams games and see how they compare. ST:TNG did have shitty outlanes (especially the right) so when the ball gets over there, it's going out. BUT, because the playfield is wider and the geometry is more forgiving than AIQ, it's not such a drain monster.

For me I much prefer a game that favors center drains because in multiball especially, it's hard to watch the outlanes. Avengers is the only game where I've routinely lost 5-6 balls all at once at the outlanes. I laugh. Can't even get mad. But yeah, it's an absolute outlane drain machine.

EDIT - Here are the numbers for a bunch of other games I own. All at factory outlanes, etc. I offered a reason why I included each game.

Center vs. Outlanes Draining

Lord of the Rings - Super long ball times
L: 20% R: 14% C: 66%

Iron Maiden - Another Elwin game
L: 25% R: 24% C: 51%

Metallica - Stern favorite
L: 14% R: 18% C: 68%

Medieval Madness - All-time favorite
L: 14% R: 19% C: 67%

Dr. Dude - Nortorious center drain monster due to top ball exit
L: 17% R: 13% C: 70%

Addams Family - Most popular classic
L: 19% R: 17% C: 64%

I'm no expert but it's safe to safe Elwin's games specifically are designed to funnel balls to the outlanes. I love Iron Maiden, which goes to show that you can still make a fun game that favors the outlanes as much as the center.

#5686 3 years ago

Newbie question here. Just picked up AIQ: Premium earlier this week and getting ready to move from .99 to 1.0 code. This will be my first code update. Do I need a new SD card, or just a thumb drive to download the .spk files onto? Will this retain my high scores and settings or will I need to start all over? Which option is better: Full Update or Quick Update? Thanks in advance!

#5687 3 years ago
Quoted from gaubster:

Newbie question here. Just picked up AIQ: Premium earlier this week and getting ready to move from .99 to 1.0 code. This will be my first code update. Do I need a new SD card, or just a thumb drive to download the .spk files onto? Will this retain my high scores and settings or will I need to start all over? Which option is better: Full Update or Quick Update? Thanks in advance!

The top of the "readme" file will explain some of your questions.

Use a USB thumb drive, put the spk file on there. I generally choose full update and verify. Takes about 10 minutes. Settings and scores should be unaffected.

#5688 3 years ago

Liking the soul gem hard mode.. with some mind gem help I squeaked by with 2 flips remaining and got over 100M. Maybe setup an even bigger bonus for the masochists who attempt hard mode with no mind gem?

#5689 3 years ago

I wonder if a part of the higher percentage of side drains on Elwin games is how much more they encourage/require side-to-side motion with important shots in far outside corners. JP is especially noticeable with the Control Room and Helipad both causing a ton of sideways motion, especially if you miss. AIQ's outer orbit shots are really hard (for me at least), with the same result...not to mention the drops putting you out of control very close to the sling area, and Ant Man being a far edge shot. Lots more opportunity for major side-to-side motion than the average game. I am less familiar with IMDN since I haven't owned one, but the left side having the pops right there would seem to have the same result. So yeah...it kind of makes sense that Elwin's design style lends itself to a higher percentage of side drains than most games. To me the percentage split doesn't feel off though...if half are going SDTM and a quarter to each outlane, that seems well balanced to me. I prefer that to any one "exit" having 80% of all drains. That's just me though...I can see why some prefer SDTM over side drains.

#5690 3 years ago

I really like the new update, but the graphic that now shows Thanos adding the lost gem to his gauntlet looks like Mickey Mouse’s glove.

#5691 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

If anyone feels it might be interesting, I'll get the numbers for a few others to provide variety...some older SAM Sterns and Williams games and see how they compare. ST:TNG did have shitty outlanes (especially the right) so when the ball gets over there, it's going out. BUT, because the playfield is wider and the geometry is more forgiving than AIQ, it's not such a drain monster.
For me I much prefer a game that favors center drains because in multiball especially, it's hard to watch the outlanes. Avengers is the only game where I've routinely lost 5-6 balls all at once at the outlanes. I laugh. Can't even get mad. But yeah, it's an absolute outlane drain machine.
EDIT - Here are the numbers for a bunch of other games I own. All at factory outlanes, etc. I offered a reason why I included each game.
I'm no expert but it's safe to safe Elwin's games specifically are designed to funnel balls to the outlanes. I love Iron Maiden, which goes to show that you can still make a fun game that favors the outlanes as much as the center.

You should be saving more of those center drains. If a ball is going down the center I’ll nudge it side to side and risk a tilt rather that watch it drain.

#5692 3 years ago
Quoted from Whifflebat:

I really like the new update, but the graphic that now shows Thanos adding the lost gem to his gauntlet looks like Mickey Mouse’s glove.

The animation is based off of the comics, not the movie. Staying true to the theme.

#5693 3 years ago

Anyone ever have issues installing spotlights and blowing a fuse or anything? I’m using alligator clips. I got one installed with no problem but I when I tried to connect the second one I lost my LEDs under my sling and the light behind the flippers on that side. Could I have knocked something loose or blown a fuse? Any ideas?

#5694 3 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I think you just touched on the difference between games with 2 flippers vs games with 3 flippers. A lot of the non-Elwin games you’re citing only have 2 flippers. Additional flippers create side to side bounces on missed shots and those bounces often lead to the outlanes. I just checked the audits on my POTC. It doesn’t seem to have the same drain stats and there doesn’t seem to be a good way to get a percentage from the stats it has. But I know there are a lot of outlane drains in that game. I’d be really surprised if the outlane drain percentages on it are lower than JP2, AIQ, or IM.

Again, it all comes down to personal preference and you like what you like. Nothing wrong with that at all. But if you’re going to compare games to make a point about a designer then it seems like the comparisons should have similar flipper setups. I have no idea for sure if other 3 flipper games would have similar stats to the games you listed, but my guess is they’d be closer in stats to JP2, AIQ, and IM.

#5695 3 years ago

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.

20210305_210444 (resized).jpg20210305_210444 (resized).jpg
#5696 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Unboxed my Premium yesterday and so far it is a blast. I keep getting balls stuck at the end of the CM shot. I removed a washer from the post at the end and that did not help. Any idea how to fix this? Game is at 6.5 pitch.

I have this happen on mine as well.
The wire form is flattened or maybe melted where it’s welded together?
I’m thinking about contacting stern on mine.

#5697 3 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

I have this happen on mine as well.
The wire form is flattened or maybe melted where it’s welded together?
I’m thinking about contacting stern on mine.

Damn. I was hoping it was a simple fix.

#5698 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I love AIQ, but the trophy room is so stupid. this seems like an easy area they could improve. I would rather know how many combos I am at.

#5699 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Had this on mine also. The end of it has a couple rough bumps that can hold the ball up. I took the wire off and tried to bend the end down by hand a bit. It helped. I haven't had any balls hang up there any more. I don't know if that bump also might have now worn down a bit over time. You could also try adding a washer to the connection point further up the line. In addition to removing a washer at that spot like you mentioned, adding one at the spot further up might give it a slight bit more angle down also. I don't know if it would help though. Just spitballing an idea.

#5700 3 years ago

[quoted image]

If the wire Form is rough on a point, isn't it possible to just filing that point a bit so that it's smooth? I don't have this problem, just an idea...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ghent, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,713 posts in this topic. You are on page 114 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/114?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.