04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 255.
#5501 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Topper is here,
Quality is below average
Gem lenses are washed out
Programming is better than expected.
I had a for sale listing ready to go. $30 over what i paid for FedEx ground, but i played another game and I THINK i like it up there. It is programmed well into the code and it basically adds an element like under cab lights or backbox lights do. Its overpriced but it does interact well after trying it for just too games.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I was the same way at first. I was going to remove it. I love it now and we always watch how many gems collected. Fun to collect gems over games and days. Interacts well with game. Two thumbs up. I wish it had better gems but they grow on you. I am not a topper guy but it is keeper. They are hard to find. Love it!

#5502 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I've got an odd one - installed my Cliffy's with no problem today, than than a new goofy glitch. My autolauncher now has a 3-4 second delay before launching a ball that gets kicked up during play. Anyone else run into this? I'm assuming the shooter eject protectors are messing with the switch in the launch lane?

Yup, the shooter lane Cliffy is messing with the switch in the shooter lane. You’ll have to slightly bend the metal rod up the switch up so it registers when the ball is there. I had the same thing happen with my IMDN Cliffy.

To double check, use a ball to rollover the switch, not your finger. You should be good to go after that.

#5503 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I was the same way at first. I was going to remove it. I love it now and we always watch how many gems collected. Fun to collect gems over games and days. Interacts well with game. Two thumbs up. I wish it had better gems but they grow on you. I am not a topper guy but it is keeper. They are hard to find. Love it!

Got another 10 games or so on it after posting. Yeah, you are right. Its cool. Started messing with the computer grid some also. It can stay up there.

#5504 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Topper is here,
Quality is below average
Gem lenses are washed out
Programming is better than expected.

I added film to make the gem colours richer and also put a spacer in between each of the panels so the light was better diffused instead of pinpoint.

20201222_201706 (resized).jpg20201222_201706 (resized).jpg20210226_211253 (resized).jpg20210226_211253 (resized).jpg
#5505 3 years ago
Quoted from Aquapin:

I added film to make the gem colours richer and also put a spacer in between each of the panels so the light was better diffused instead of pinpoint.

They makes a lot of sense. Will have try. What type of film did you use?

#5506 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

This is what he told me in a pm, if you can wait a bit, i will send you some of each color in an envelope.

94A9C0C6-33A4-4D35-B878-89488DE51B1A (resized).png94A9C0C6-33A4-4D35-B878-89488DE51B1A (resized).png
#5507 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

The ones pictured were from XPin:
https://xpinpinball.com/product/vinyl-sample-kit/
The gel filters listed above are what I had a buddy use. They are a bit lighter so you can double up or mix different colours to get the result you want.

**You can also use either of these films on clear inserts under the PF or on washed out flashers**

#5508 3 years ago

Hey guys I was talking to Cliffy about the Thor captive ball damage. He said he hasn’t seen or heard about it yet, and asked if I have a picture. Anybody got one?
I’ve been searching through the forum for like an hour and haven’t seen a picture of it yet, only seen comments that it is happening somewhere around it. I still haven’t ordered my premium yet, but did order the cliffy set he has already made. Excited and am preparing for when it comes home.

#5509 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Hey guys I was talking to Cliffy about the Thor captive ball damage. He said he hasn’t seen or heard about it yet, and asked if I have a picture. Anybody got one?
I’ve been searching through the forum for like an hour and haven’t seen a picture of it yet, only seen comments that it is happening somewhere around it. I still haven’t ordered my premium yet, but did order the cliffy set he has already made. Excited and am preparing for when it comes home.

Are you talking about the ball guides cutting into the PF?

#5510 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

This is what he told me in a pm, if you can wait a bit, i will send you some of each color in an envelope.
[quoted image]

Will wait thanks

#5511 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

48072944-A127-4899-90EF-3050FCB24EB4 (resized).jpeg48072944-A127-4899-90EF-3050FCB24EB4 (resized).jpeg8559D5B9-8F46-4C40-B3E7-CF94D97EFCE1 (resized).jpeg8559D5B9-8F46-4C40-B3E7-CF94D97EFCE1 (resized).jpeg

Here you go. Lermods showed how to fix with a washer. You buy this game you do ant man and this. It wast there but as I played it in front and caused pressure in back. It finally chipped away. I would love a cliffy!

#5512 3 years ago

The fix! Touched up slightly and washer added. Make sure not to over tighten or you will dig in again and cause more issues.

2E299FAE-B43A-46C3-85F8-BCAE54F34646 (resized).jpeg2E299FAE-B43A-46C3-85F8-BCAE54F34646 (resized).jpeg

#5513 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Here you go. Lermods showed how to fix with a washer. You buy this game you do ant man and this. It wast there but as I played it in front and caused pressure in back. It finally chipped away. I was able to put a washer and touch up.

Thanks my friend. I’ll send it to Cliff right away!

#5514 3 years ago

Do i miss the point?
I hit the lifting/spinning disc, then i play a mode. Rince and repeat.
Is there another way to play this game? Thanks

#5515 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do i miss the point?

Yes you’re missing a lot of the game. I’d study up on these videos:

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLadgE29juoiSN7mfLjQRKmj6njLAQvQ-2

#5516 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Do i miss the point?

Take a look at the wiki rulesheet here (based on slightly older code, so Thanos is not covered):
http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740

Yes, at the absolute most basic level, spin the disc, play a mode. But only doing this will not get you to the end of the game. The strategy of how you play the modes as well as all of the other side goals is where the real depth comes in. Easy for beginners to understand, but tons of strategy, depth, and scoring nuance for any level player.

#5517 3 years ago

Here is a picture of my Thor guide removed with minimal damage

53178EFE-BE40-4A57-A809-2A8818DDDFEC (resized).jpeg53178EFE-BE40-4A57-A809-2A8818DDDFEC (resized).jpeg
#5518 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Here is a picture of my Thor guide removed with minimal damage
[quoted image]

Thanks bud. I sent him the others posted earlier. From what I understand, Cliff has been making the cliffy protectors through measurements from people so far. That dude is genius, not to mention such a cool down to earth dude to talk to. Not sure what kind of measurement he would need for this one. Without owning the game yet I’m not able to help him out.

#5519 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

Thanks bud. I sent him the others posted earlier. From what I understand, Cliff has been making the cliffy protectors through measurements from people so far. That dude is genius, not to mention such a cool down to earth dude to talk to. Not sure what kind of measurement he would need for this one. Without owning the game yet I’m not able to help him out.

Let me know if he makes one for it as I am in. My cliffys for it are arriving any day. I have had ant man already.

#5520 3 years ago

Where’s coop? It’s a team.

#5521 3 years ago

Well my premium arrived yesterday and has wiring issues. Captain shot awards black widow, her ramp seems to recognize hulk lane, I am getting into rampage mode frequently (from the middle ramp shot I think?) but the hulk spinner still scores properly. Bummed.......but will have to figure it out I guess. Not sure what is supposed to happen when I hit the captain lane clean but I need to track down that sensor also, unless this makes sense somehow that it’s just two swapped since cap and hulk share that route? Appreciate any insight for those of you familiar with the schematic and wiring, I’m a bit out of my element on that sort of stuff.

Also installed the mezel tower and sanctum, multiple wire bundles pinched and mis routed with the factory tower wire bundles I had to address to get the mod to fit just right. Overall pretty sloppy production. One nut in the box loose, and the coin box clip was loose in the cabinet as others have noted.

Sensor issues aside, this is definitely a challenging game and I am happy with the purchase after the first 24 hours. I did put some small felt drawer stops under the Thor guides to protect the playfield during my initial shakedown, will remove those and fix properly eventually but just loosening the nuts and getting some protection there was an easy enough solution for the short term.

#5522 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Well my premium arrived yesterday and has wiring issues. Captain shot awards black widow, her ramp seems to recognize hulk lane, I am getting into rampage mode frequently (from the middle ramp shot I think?) but the hulk spinner still scores properly. Bummed.......but will have to figure it out I guess. Not sure what is supposed to happen when I hit the captain lane clean but I need to track down that sensor also, unless this makes sense somehow that it’s just two swapped since cap and hulk share that route? Appreciate any insight for those of you familiar with the schematic and wiring, I’m a bit out of my element on that sort of stuff.
Also installed the mezel tower and sanctum, multiple wire bundles pinched and mis routed with the factory tower wire bundles I had to address to get the mod to fit just right. Overall pretty sloppy production. One nut in the box loose, and the coin box clip was loose in the cabinet as others have noted.
Sensor issues aside, this is definitely a challenging game and I am happy with the purchase after the first 24 hours. I did put some small felt drawer stops under the Thor guides to protect the playfield during my initial shakedown, will remove those and fix properly eventually but just loosening the nuts and getting some protection there was an easy enough solution for the short term.

switch test> interlock, then roll a ball over or through the switch and read the screen. it will tell you which switch it is activating. sorry if you already know how to do this. i wasn’t sure from your post whether you knew how to get started.

#5523 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

switch test> interlock, then roll a ball over or through the switch and read the screen. it will tell you which switch it is activating. sorry if you already know how to do this. i wasn’t sure from your post whether you knew how to get started.

Thanks, will work on figuring it out tomorrow! I don’t have a clue, appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.

#5524 3 years ago

Anyone having issues where a ball should be held in the subway and the game kicks it out for no real reason (i.e. thus giving you a multiball when you shouldn't be in one)? Wondering if this is a code or mechanical issue.

If its mechanical, I can't figure out what the issue is. The trough optos all seem fine, as to the optos in the subway mech.

Any help would be appreciated.

#5525 3 years ago

Got my replacement subway from Stern, but still having issues. If I have balls locked and start the Soul Gem, the game cycles looking for balls before ejecting the locked balls. I also notice that locked balls play correctly when starting a quest, but they bunch up when being ejected (one ball on the launcher and the other right up next to it). Anyone figured out the fix for this?

#5526 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Got my replacement subway from Stern, but still having issues. If I have balls locked and start the Soul Gem, the game cycles looking for balls before ejecting the locked balls. I also notice that locked balls play correctly when starting a quest, but they bunch up when being ejected (one ball on the launcher and the other right up next to it). Anyone figured out the fix for this?

What balls are you using? Are they the factory ones? (I run polaris balls for magnet games) If the code is up to date, balls arent magnetizing, i would go steeper on the pitch.

#5527 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

What balls are you using? Are they the factory ones? (I run polaris balls for magnet games) If the code is up to date, balls arent magnetizing, i would go steeper on the pitch.

I got some replacements from pinball life - can swap back to the originals. I need to get a digital gauge to measure pitch - I'm just using the built in bubble tool.

#5528 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I got some replacements from pinball life - can swap back to the originals. I need to get a digital gauge to measure pitch - I'm just using the built in bubble tool.

Ball Baron polaris from BallBaron or Cointaker work well. Yup, swap em and then go up a touch on pitch if that doesn’t fix ya up

#5529 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Anyone having issues where a ball should be held in the subway and the game kicks it out for no real reason (i.e. thus giving you a multiball when you shouldn't be in one)? Wondering if this is a code or mechanical issue.
If its mechanical, I can't figure out what the issue is. The trough optos all seem fine, as to the optos in the subway mech.

Quoted from pineal:

Yes, as mentioned by pineal ,test the ramp switches in switch test mode with the white interlock switch pulled out that is just inside the coin door. Most likely the ramp optos are mixed up - easy fix.

Once you figure which ramp is registering where, remove the glass and slide the playfield up onto the rubber pads on the supports so it's all the way forward. You can trace and access the ramp opto connectors at the rear of the playfield as seen in a picture in my post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/110#post-6156375

You only need to switch the "Right ramp exit opto" wires or whichever one is wrong, not the opto power wires. The white plastic 3 position connectors will pull apart with some effort. Switch with correct ramp opto and you should be good to go.

#5530 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Go into switch test mode and double check the order that the subway opto switches are registering in. If a couple are mixed up it would kick the ball out like you mention at times. Swap the connectors under the playfield if they are mixed up with the correct opto.

#5531 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

You should also try this:

Go into switch test mode and double check the order that the subway opto switches are registering in. If a couple are mixed up it would kick the ball out like you mention at times. Swap the connectors under the playfield if they are mixed up with the correct opto.

#5532 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Do I need a ball moving through to test the switches?

#5533 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Do I need a ball moving through to test the switches?

Yes. You can kick a ball out to use by going into test mode - Diagnostics - Clear Balls

Hit the start button to kick a ball out.

#5534 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Definitely try what other have suggested (ie checking that the subway optos are connected correctly). While you are testing the subway, pay particular attention to where the ball ends up in the last position before the VUK. In my game the ball in the last position would sit past the opto (too close to the vuk) so it no longer blocked the opto beam; and I think this was causing the ball searches and incorrect multiballs.

I just received my box of parts from stern (3 kits: leveling bushing, new subway, and new walking mech). I haven’t installed them yet ( too much fun playing it!!) but I will report back to the club when I do. According to stern, the fix for my issue is the new walking mech....not sure why they sent me a new subway because I’ve never had an issue with balls getting stuck at the vuk entrance.

My subway is currently on PASS THROUGH with the walking mech removed.... plays quite nicely this way!

#5535 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Running a ball through the left ramp loop registers one opto, left ramp exit opto. Right ramp is also correct. Hulk lane has no optos just the lane sensors which are correct. Code is 0.99......EDIT: all is good

#5536 3 years ago

Ok I’m an idiot and need to learn my avengers characters.......game working as designed!

#5537 3 years ago

I am pretty sure that when my game was new, a portal lock ball indexed over the the position closest to the eject. Now a portal lock stops in the middle. Which is the correct position?

#5538 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Running ball through cap lane with glass off gives me a bonus 2x that shows black widow on the screen. Maybe I’m confused if this is normal.

Hmmm I’m not sure if you actually have an issue since your tests check out. The “cap lane” (you mean the captain America shot?) does increase the bonus X and is announced in a call out and a video clip.

The actual hulk shot requires you to get both rollovers in the left orbit from bottom to top (ie the spinner is not enough to qualify as a made hulk shot). The captain America shot is the same two rollovers but in the opposite direction. At least that’s my understanding of how those shots work.

#5539 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I am pretty sure that when my game was new, a portal lock ball indexed over the the position closest to the eject. Now a portal lock stops in the middle. Which is the correct position?

On latest code the first portal lock rests in the middle.

#5540 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Definitely try what other have suggested (ie checking that the subway optos are connected correctly). While you are testing the subway, pay particular attention to where the ball ends up in the last position before the VUK. In my game the ball in the last position would sit past the opto (too close to the vuk) so it no longer blocked the opto beam; and I think this was causing the ball searches and incorrect multiballs.
I just received my box of parts from stern (3 kits: leveling bushing, new subway, and new walking mech). I haven’t installed them yet ( too much fun playing it!!) but I will report back to the club when I do. According to stern, the fix for my issue is the new walking mech....not sure why they sent me a new subway because I’ve never had an issue with balls getting stuck at the vuk entrance.
My subway is currently on PASS THROUGH with the walking mech removed.... plays quite nicely this way!

I think I am having exactly the same issue. If I do the subway lock test, the switches light up in the correct order. As the ball moves left to right, I get 49 and 48. When it gets to the last position, 47, that stop only very briefly lights before moving on and ejecting. I'm wondering if that position is the problem - kind of looks like the ball is not resting in the correct spot relative to the sensor.

#5541 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I think I am having exactly the same issue. If I do the subway lock test, the switches light up in the correct order. As the ball moves left to right, I get 49 and 48. When it gets to the last position, 47, that stop only very briefly lights before moving on and ejecting. I'm wondering if that position is the problem - kind of looks like the ball is not resting in the correct spot relative to the sensor.

Looks like the finger on the far right is misplaced - which would lead it to not stop the ball in front of the sensor. Other two look correct.

IMG_0323 (resized).JPGIMG_0323 (resized).JPGIMG_0324 (resized).JPGIMG_0324 (resized).JPG
#5542 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Looks like the finger on the far right is misplaced - which would lead it to not stop the ball in front of the sensor. Other two look correct.

Make sure the subway plastic is "centered" and the fingers aren't catching on it.

#5543 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

I had this very issue. Ultimately, call stern as you need a new subway mech. What happens is the last “finger” is not being pushed up by the metal plate from the coil. It is sliding by the edge of the last finger. I made a hillbilly fix by adding a layer or two of electrical tape to the area that was sliding by until my new mech arrived.

#5544 3 years ago

Mine looks the same, pop the hood and you will see this piece is broken.

5553BDCB-FEC9-44B3-8BAC-A0CE3E554781 (resized).jpeg5553BDCB-FEC9-44B3-8BAC-A0CE3E554781 (resized).jpegC92E2358-3DAE-41C6-887C-7A0B85A9B8B9 (resized).jpegC92E2358-3DAE-41C6-887C-7A0B85A9B8B9 (resized).jpeg
#5545 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Hmmm I’m not sure if you actually have an issue since your tests check out. The “cap lane” (you mean the captain America shot?) does increase the bonus X and is announced in a call out and a video clip.
The actual hulk shot requires you to get both rollovers in the left orbit from bottom to top (ie the spinner is not enough to qualify as a made hulk shot). The captain America shot is the same two rollovers but in the opposite direction. At least that’s my understanding of how those shots work.

Yes I agree......my post right after that one I noted operator error then edited the original. Thanks!

#5546 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Mine looks the same, pop the hood and you will see this piece is broken.

Interesting - I'll take a look. Looks like something potentially fixable...

#5547 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Interesting - I'll take a look. Looks like something potentially fixable...

Maybe if you have a welding machine handy.

#5548 3 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I am having the same issue and have recently received the subway plastic replacment from Stern to address this, but it didn't help. What I've noticed when taking the walking mech apart is that the finger on mine closest to the VUK doesn't pop-up correctly. There appears to be a gap/bend in the support arm that when fired is not raising all 3 mech fingers properly. I believe this is causing the ball to sit in the wrong spot where the opto can't sense it. I've contacted Stern and am awaiting a reply.

PXL_20210227_211818823 (resized).jpgPXL_20210227_211818823 (resized).jpgPXL_20210227_212026449 (resized).jpgPXL_20210227_212026449 (resized).jpg
#5549 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

I am having the same issue and have recently received the subway plastic replacment from Stern to address this, but it didn't help. What I've noticed when taking the walking mech apart is that the finger on mine closest to the VUK doesn't pop-up correctly. There appears to be a gap/bend in the support arm that when fired is not raising all 3 mech fingers properly. I believe this is causing the ball to sit in the wrong spot where the opto can't sense it. I've contacted Stern and am awaiting a reply.

Same issue I listed above. They sent me a new mech. Can be fixed with electrical tape to make the mech push up the last finger.

#5550 3 years ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

That's too funny - I have spent the afternoon reaching the exact same conclusion. Same exact problem. I tried adding a few additional washers to tighten it up, but after a few minutes of play had the same problem all over again. I took it out and am going to try with the passthrough option.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Newnan, GA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,718 posts in this topic. You are on page 111 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/111?hl=tbutler6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.