IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 253.
#451 3 years ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

Had a chance to play the pro this past weekend and had a blast. Played about 5 games on it and was sold instantly.
Keith Elwin and Zombie Yeti are Stern’s best assents right now. Just put them on all future projects together
[quoted image]

Another positive review of the game, has anyone played this and not been positive about it? Can’t remember the last time a game got such a grilling after its first stream but hands on it seems to be incredible!

#452 3 years ago

tbf, I think the grilling was mostly about how the stream was presented (way to confusing and unorganized)

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from cloggedDrain:

tbf, I think the grilling was mostly about how the stream was presented (way to confusing and unorganized)

Yeah it’s a mess with half a dozen guys on zoom, everyone’s audio is constantly trying to take priority.

If it was just Jack, Keith and Ray in the room and nothing else I think it would have been killer, although the stream sealed the deal for me I was super impressed with the game and the rules, nothing overly complicated imo but the stream was an audio mess.

#454 3 years ago

I ordered a premium because it looks fun. It has the Avengers, a subway, a magnetic upshot, the Ms Marvel shot, the Dr Strange hole (wow that sounds nasty ) and looks to bring a lot of joy to my family, friends and me. That, and Thanos used the Mind gem on me.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Another positive review of the game, has anyone played this and not been positive about it? Can’t remember the last time a game got such a grilling after its first stream but hands on it seems to be incredible!

I did read one negative review from someone who played the Pro. Seemed like a legit review. Just wasn’t his taste.
I’m really pleased at all the reviews that I’ve read from people who have had the chance to play a Pro.
Can’t wait for “the call”. Hoping end of this week but expecting the one after, likely?

#456 3 years ago
#457 3 years ago

If anyone wants to pay that they can have mine LOL

#458 3 years ago

In fairness he did sell his much maligned JP LE on here, so you never know

#459 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

In fairness he did sell his much maligned JP LE on here, so you never know

If someone wants to sell and someone else buys, I'm not gonna step in and stop it.

I just find it funny that game hasn't even landed.

To each their own I guess.

#460 3 years ago

My LE is in and will pick up tomorrow.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

Awwww HELL! Here we go! They're landing! Where are you located Topper?

#462 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

And here we go... Can't wait to see all the pics and first impressions from all you LE guys.

#463 3 years ago

Played the Pro model over the weekend @ Next Level Pinball. The machine had a little over 300 plays on it already, playfield looked like it was holding up nicely on the dimple factor. This machine shot SO SMOOTH, had some of the best flow I have ever seen on a machine. The tower lock, super freaking cool! I was really impressed by the amount of shots on this machine, cannot wait to play the premium with the added ramp and Dr. Strange disc / subway feature. I have a premium on order, glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

#464 3 years ago

Played a dozen or so games on a Pro this weekend and bought my Premium ticket into the club this weekend, table delivery will be around December. Apparently I missed the first batch of Premiums, so it will be out of the second batch Stern is sending to my distributor.

Quoted from EaglePin:

I think it looks like it unscrewed also, and I don't think he/she is the one who saw it and took the picture either. Just another example of someone spreading other people's pictures around and saying something happened without having any 1st hand information to know if that's actually what happened.

Yep, that was my post on the long running playfield issue thread that picture came from. It kinda looked like it broke the way it came apart on the ball hit, but it actually came unscrewed. The nylon lock nut and washer landed on the apron, the post sleeve came to a stop by the Thor captured ball, and a washer was left neatly behind over the post hole in the spinning disc.

Talking with the person making the repair, it was reportedly the second time that post came off in two days of being on the floor with near constant play. The screw comes up from underneath the playfield and disc with the washer, post sleeve, and nylon nut on top. I suppose you could flip the screw and put the nut on the underside, although I'd be a bit concerned about the teeth on the lock washer digging in and destroying the plastic on the underside of the disc. They were going to swap the nylon nut and lock washer for a regular metal nut with some Loctite as a next step to see how it holds, IIRC.

The biggest repair issue is that it's a pain to get around the mounting bracket to put a Phillips screwdriver on the screw. You have to use a right angle screwdriver to avoid disassembling everything. It's supposedly even harder on the Prem/LE due to the lift mechanism further getting in the way. I've got a picture of the Pro assembly that shows the mounting bracket. It's a bit dark to see the rounded funnel shape of the bottom of the disc and the flattened spot where the screwhead sits. Hopefully Stern comes out with a replacement that will hold up a bit better soon, like the upper flipper post on JP.

AIQ also seems to have a similar issue as JP; a full plunge has a harder time making it around the orbit to the ramp that feeds the right inlane. I'd recommend ordering an orange plunger spring to give the plunger a bit more oomph, and a set of three coil stop replacements (Because Stern).

Disc and plunger issues aside, it's a really fun shooter and it will be interesting to see how the rules continue to develop. None of the shots feel tight except the right ramp from the right flipper which is optional.

#465 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Played a dozen or so games on a Pro this weekend and bought my Premium ticket into the club this weekend, table delivery will be around December. Apparently I missed the first batch of Premiums, so it will be out of the second batch Stern is sending to my distributor.

Yep, that was my post on the long running playfield issue thread that picture came from. It kinda looked like it broke the way it came apart on the ball hit, but it actually came unscrewed. The nylon lock nut and washer landed on the apron, the post sleeve came to a stop by the Thor captured ball, and a washer was left neatly behind over the post hole in the spinning disc.
Talking with the person making the repair, it was reportedly the second time that post came off in two days of being on the floor with near constant play. The screw comes up from underneath the playfield and disc with the washer, post sleeve, and nylon nut on top. I suppose you could flip the screw and put the nut on the underside, although I'd be a bit concerned about the teeth on the lock washer digging in and destroying the plastic on the underside of the disc. They were going to swap the nylon nut and lock washer for a regular metal nut with some Loctite as a next step to see how it holds, IIRC.
The biggest repair issue is that it's a pain to get around the mounting bracket to put a Phillips screwdriver on the screw. You have to use a right angle screwdriver to avoid disassembling everything. It's supposedly even harder on the Prem/LE due to the lift mechanism further getting in the way. I've got a picture of the Pro assembly that shows the mounting bracket. It's a bit dark to see the rounded funnel shape of the bottom of the disc and the flattened spot where the screwhead sits. Hopefully Stern comes out with a replacement that will hold up a bit better soon, like the upper flipper post on JP.
AIQ also seems to have a similar issue as JP; a full plunge has a harder time making it around the orbit to the ramp that feeds the right inlane. I'd recommend ordering an orange plunger spring to give the plunger a bit more oomph, and a set of three coil stop replacements (Because Stern).
Disc and plunger issues aside, it's a really fun shooter and it will be interesting to see how the rules continue to develop. None of the shots feel tight except the right ramp from the right flipper which is optional.

Can’t we power down the game with the disc scoop in the raised position? If so-open ended wrench

#466 3 years ago
Quoted from PDX-Mike:

Played the Pro model over the weekend @ Next Level Pinball. The machine had a little over 300 plays on it already, playfield looked like it was holding up nicely on the dimple factor. This machine shot SO SMOOTH, had some of the best flow I have ever seen on a machine. The tower lock, super freaking cool! I was really impressed by the amount of shots on this machine, cannot wait to play the premium with the added ramp and Dr. Strange disc / subway feature. I have a premium on order, glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

Played the same table and I agree with everything you said. I like that there is not only a simple release out of the Avengers tower/mag-lock plus accelerated launches for the Hawkeye shot.

#467 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Can’t we power down the game with the disc scoop in the raised position? If so-open ended wrench

No clue, presumably this would be the best way to get at it if it's possible. Unless you swap the screw direction, it's the Phillips screwhead that's hard to get to, though, not the hex nut. Stock assembly method would need an offset/right angle Phillips similar to this:

https://www.harborfreight.com/8-piece-right-angle-screwdriver-92630.html

#468 3 years ago

Pro pictures from table@Next Level

PXL_20200927_215214088 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215214088 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215219015 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215219015 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215222840 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215222840 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215225941 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215225941 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215228861 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215228861 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215231544 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_215231544 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_233343419 (resized).jpgPXL_20200927_233343419 (resized).jpg
#470 3 years ago
Quoted from Flipstream:

Pro pictures from table@Next Level
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great! Did the shooter clear look decent?

#471 3 years ago

With the nylon nut on the top of that post. At least you can see if it's loosing up. If the screw starts sinking down into the nut you know you it's moving. Maybe not as helpful on location as at home. But worth noting.

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

I didn't think to look for shooting lane chipping, sorry. The table was busy enough I didn't want to hold things up inspecting and taking a ton of pictures, and kept proper social distancing when others were playing.

I didn't see any chipping, pooling, or CC graining. There is the normal dimpling for a location table, and it looked shallower than the dimples on my JP. Getting up close to the art you can tell it's printed and not screened, but no streaky print issues and it looks great standing at play height. Sample size of one Pro table, though. YMMV.

#473 3 years ago

I have to admit... I have never heard someone use the word “table” so many times in such a short period of time.

#474 3 years ago

Lots of LE tables going out tomorrow. Fact.
Got the shipping tracking for my table today and a pm from the distro saying alot if tables are being loaded and shipped in the morning. Table

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Lots of LE tables going out tomorrow. Fact.
Got the shipping tracking for my table today and a pm from the distro saying alot if tables are being loaded and shipped in the morning. Table

noun
a piece of furniture with a flat top and one or more legs, providing a level surface on which objects may be placed, and that can be used for such purposes as eating, writing, working, or playing games

my wife loves to put stuff on my tables. i guess you are right.

#476 3 years ago

Oh I like the look of blue flipper rubbers on this table. going to have to order those....

#477 3 years ago

I BEAT THANOS!!
I went to my Distributor to check out for the second time.
It was my third game played on his Pro model
This was done on a 3 ball game and I got 2 Extra balls. I had 338 M on ball one
The Game is super fun and outlanes are tight which gives longer ball times!
Here is what I accomplished.

Got all gems
All Multiballs including Black widow
Black widow Multi had super long ball savers and somehow kept getting relit.

I Did Not get to Black order Battle Royale

I did Beat Thanos!
Thanos had super LOOONG ball saves and was fun but repetitive in shots to complete.
I believe the code will be changed to make this more challenging.
I mean I beat Thanos and honestly, This was my third game ever!!

I was dialed in on my shots and did not miss often. When I did miss though, the game is more forgiving than Turtles, in that when you miss, you dont have to pay the price with a drain. Which IMO opinion makes the game more enjoyable!

I have to give Credit to My distributor as well Chris Pascaretti for doing a little coaching through the game
I rarely came up for air, Hardly ever looked at the LCD. Just concentrated on shooting lit shots

Cant wait to play my LE, Hopefully they get delivered this week!

thumbnail_20200928_123851 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123851 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123855 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123855 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123900 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123900 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123903 (resized).jpgthumbnail_20200928_123903 (resized).jpg
#478 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Well that decides it .... I am cancelling my nib order.
I'm also selling my whole collection.
This is too much for me to continue in the hobby.
In fact, I'm quitting my job, selling my house, divorcing my family and living in the woods.
Thanks for the heads up. I wish everyone luck.

Too late! Your LE ships tomorrow!

#479 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

I BEAT THANOS!!
Got all gems
I did Beat Thanos!
Thanos had super LOOONG ball saves and was fun but repetitive in shots to complete.
I was dialed in on my shots and did not miss often. When I did miss though, the game is more forgiving than Turtles, in that when you miss, you dont have to pay the price with a drain. Which IMO opinion makes the game more enjoyable!
I have to give Credit to My distributor as well Chris Pascaretti for doing a little coaching through the game
I rarely came up for air, Hardly ever looked at the LCD. Just concentrated on shooting lit shots
Cant wait to play my LE, Hopefully they get delivered this week![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Flippin sweet dude!!! I know some people love games that are near impossible to beat. I'm talking years of ownership before actually beating it. Not me. I want to be able to at least have a shot at achieving everything the game has to offer. And, once that's done, I'll still come back to see if I can get a higher score. So personally, I'm excited to hear that its achievable. Admittedly, 3 games in is too easy, and I agree if that's the norm, it will be changed in code.

#480 3 years ago

Quoted from Motorcitypinball:I BEAT THANOS!!
Got all gems
I did Beat Thanos!
Cant wait to play my LE, Hopefully they get delivered this week![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Cancelling my order, i'll never get close to that.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Too late! Your LE ships tomorrow!

200w_d (resized).png200w_d (resized).png
#482 3 years ago

Oops.

Blank post.

#483 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

[quoted image]

Just unloading a few now!

NitroVan-Avengers (resized).jpegNitroVan-Avengers (resized).jpeg
#484 3 years ago
Quoted from FlipperFreak:

Just unloading a few now! [quoted image]

I'm always jealous of your vans...

#485 3 years ago

I was told they ship Friday to my distro then to me .

#486 3 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

AIQ pro shooter lane, after 4 days of play at the PHoF. the recessed apron light is nice.
5F7D2921-D9CB-474E-85FE-26C50390E817 (resized).png5F7D2921-D9CB-474E-85FE-26C50390E817 (resized).png

D386C405-3041-435F-AFF1-4E587E2CE3C6 (resized).pngD386C405-3041-435F-AFF1-4E587E2CE3C6 (resized).pngA581A020-387F-4E50-A3BF-D73CB54E7081 (resized).pngA581A020-387F-4E50-A3BF-D73CB54E7081 (resized).png
#487 3 years ago

Doesnt look bad to me considering its probably been played non stop with no protection, and the trough eject power at full blast.

#488 3 years ago

Definitely want in on a premium!

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

AIQ pro shooter lane, after 4 days of play at the PHoF. the recessed apron light is nice.
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

Im surprised they don't know to turn down the strength on the ejection coil, this happens to all new stern machines if they aren't turned down. A piece of mylar at the shooter lane as well as a cliffy when available. I also will be adding a circle of mylar on the P/F where all wire forms exit dropping the ball from above onto the playfield, and another square under the Captain Marvel ramp area just incase the ball drops out from a lack of speed or just happens to fumble for any reason.

I've wanted to try a playfield protector but can't bring myself to with the possibility of changing the way the ball moves on the playfield in a negative manner... I hate to see dimples all over my JP prem but shit happens, these games are meant to be played. I can always clear coat my playfield in the future if need be. I will be keeping all of my Elwin games so it makes sense to do that eventually.

#490 3 years ago

I will put my idea out there it seems to add a bit of flare to the bland post idea and yet keeps the play the same as far as what the ball will hit.

Place a petg disc above the post and mount a gem, strands of what looks like colorful sling blade, or anything that will fit on top without hitting the glass when the disc raises for ball lock. Here is a picture I came up with just messing around to give an idea... very very rough...

20200928_154821 (resized).jpg20200928_154821 (resized).jpg
#491 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

I will put my idea out there it seems to add a bit of flare to the bland post idea and yet keeps the play the same as far as what the ball will hit.
Place a petg disc above the post and mount a gem, strands of what looks like colorful sling blade, or anything that will fit on top without hitting the glass when the disc raises for ball lock. Here is a picture I came up with just messing around to give an idea... very very rough...
[quoted image]

The engineer on this game talked about keeping the mech light as possible so it would work good. adding weight may not be a good idea...

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

The engineer on this game talked about keeping the mech light as possible so it would work good. adding weight may not be a good idea...

I can confirm playing a Pro yesterday that I was pleasantly surprised by how easy that disc spun around.....

#493 3 years ago

I am shocked by how awesome the shots and lighting in this game are, and yet the sounds are so darn flat and uninspired. I wonder if they can fix this in code? Like.... these are the guys Marvel got us to do voice overs?

#494 3 years ago
Quoted from Joe-Ker:

Thats true, Im not trying to add anything too heavy just a thin disc with a gem mounted to it or even something that looks like a bright orange/red twister to emulate the look of the spinning sling blade.

#495 3 years ago
Quoted from MUGEN_4_LIFE:

Thats true, Im not trying to add anything too heavy just a thin disc with a gem mounted to it or even something that looks like a bright orange/red twister to emulate the look of the spinning sling blade.

And there's only one post not two like TOTAN's lamp or B66's bat cave, so you run a big risk of the top disc breaking loose and bad things happening as it gets flung around. I also had a few airballs in that general area.

Quoted from AUKraut:

I can confirm playing a Pro yesterday that I was pleasantly surprised by how easy that disc spun around.....

I saw only the weight of a pinball push the post and turn the disc. I'm curious if the mechanism is going to need any special care and feeding, like a dry grease treatment after a period of time to keep it that easy to turn.

#496 3 years ago

So the intended pitch for the game is still a secret? I do not want speculation or recommendations. A real source of the designer is what I need

#497 3 years ago

Swords of Fury and Black Knight are being picked up in the next 36hrs. Ill be bringing my distributor another chunk of money this week.
Did my distributor ask for more deposit money? Nope but im not working Thursday and i want to play the pro thats on the floor again
Also better to not have all that extra cash burning a hole in my pocket with all the games popping up on the second hand market lately.
First premium game. I dont expect ill be disappointed in my decision.

#498 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

First premium game. I dont expect ill be disappointed in my decision.

I don't expect you'll be disappointed either. Based on Pro model reviews, this one is shaping up to be a winner. I believe the premium/LEs will be even more fun with the added wireforms, subway, and moving Dr. Strange disc

#499 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

I don't expect you'll be disappointed either. Based on Pro model reviews, this one is shaping up to be a winner. I believe the premium/LEs will be even more fun with the added wireforms, subway, and moving Dr. Strange disc

Haven't played the Premium/LE, but I got strong Metallica similarity in the coffin lock/Strange lock. Cool visual, but doesn't really impact gameplay. The vuk and additional wireform will change how the game shoots, but the pro doesn't feel like a stripped down game on its own. The left side of the playfield is unchanged between all models and thats where a majority of the action/shots are.

Majority of people in this thread are going premium, but I think the pro is going to surprise people with how much game is in there. The Thanos glove on the pro almost looks like it was made with Modders in mind. There will be a custom mod that replicates or tops the premium glove in short time. Can't wait for my pro in a few weeks

#500 3 years ago

Question for the group. This will be my first NIB purchase. Do you guys wax the game before the first play?

Just curious on what everyone's viewpoint is.

Dan

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,924 (OBO)
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Corona, CA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
10,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Geismar, LA
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/10?hl=cdonnerusmc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.