IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 256.
#5301 3 years ago

Why is post #5298 quoting me? I didn’t type any of that?

#5302 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

But do you believe it? Maybe he was quoting your thoughts.

#5303 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

But do you believe it? Maybe he was quoting your thoughts.

hahahaha
Maybe? I hadn’t played the game yet, but maybe it’s a future thought for when I get mine?

#5304 3 years ago

By adding the lane protectors and sling protectors, I had to take off the ramps. While the ramps were off, I replaced all rubbers at the lower 3/4 of the playfield with blue super bands. I added the Antman, trough, and plunger lane Cliffy protectors. I may add the other two later. With the ramp to the left flipper off, it was easier to replace the Sanctum and Tower mods with the Mezel Mods. The Stern game blades look great and are thicker than the other company's blades.

AIQ is lined up next to my other 5 Marvel themed games. Part of me wants Iron Man to complete the set. The other part would rather have a different game.

Thanks for everyone's help while i was waiting for the game and starting working on it. It only took less than two evenings to get it ready to play. Now I can learn the rules.

IMG_9196 (resized).jpegIMG_9196 (resized).jpegIMG_9185 (resized).jpegIMG_9185 (resized).jpegIMG_9187 (resized).jpegIMG_9187 (resized).jpegIMG_9188 (resized).jpegIMG_9188 (resized).jpegIMG_9191 (resized).jpegIMG_9191 (resized).jpeg

#5305 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

2nd run shipping Tuesday
[quoted image]

. got mine today and it works perfect. I just used a Dremel tool to trim the bottom left a little bit to make it sit flush for machine but this mod is totally worth it. thanks again

#5306 3 years ago
Quoted from Magicmike0:

That's weird... I clicked reply and it quoted you instead for some reason....

#5307 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm not confident this is correct, and I'll explain why. Although the factory bubble level is crap, I can get that bubble near the middle on all my game by setting the average pitch to 6.5. That would mean if between the slings is 6.3, the middle is 6.5, and the top is 6.7, you're pretty much at 6.5.

No idea who you talked to at Stern, but that's wrong. Pitch is only measured between the flippers. As you've noticed, pitch increases as you go up the playfield. That's why you only measure in one place. Side to side level can vary from the top of the playfield to the bottom, so you check level up and down the playfield wherever the level will fit to get it exactly level.

Your game isn't steep enough. Easy fix.

#5308 3 years ago

I set my AIQ up last night, this game is fantastic! I might be my favorite Elwin, it's only been a day so it's hard to say right now. Are rejects from the center ramp plastic piece common? I have had numerous shots hit the edge of that piece and get totally rejected. I also think my portal needs some adjustment. It randomly stops raising at times, and doesn't fully raise itself often.

#5309 3 years ago

I moved my game into position. It was not level right to left and the pitch changed to 6.2.

I changed it to 6.7 and leveled the game. Before when the ball came out of the lock tower it did not roll down the left side hugging the lane guide and flipper so using the upper flipper was impossible. So leveling made a big difference.

The manual plunger is not always getting the ball up the back left ramp. I assume it should every time with a full plunge. I am wondering if I need a smaller barrel spring on the outside of the plunger or a longer rod to get the end of the rod closer to the ball to hit squarely. In the picture below is this about normal? With the pitch at 6.7 it seems to go up the back ramp more but I also see where it bounces and loses momentum as it comes off the plunger ramp to the curve.

Slight update: when moved into position it was reporting 6.2 pitch so I adjusted to 7.7 and the plunger actually works better.

I replaced the two 3/16” rubbers at the lower end of the right loop with a 5/16” super band rubber. (All I had). Obviously I knew it would change things. It ended up bouncing the ball to the left sling, drop targets or in/out lanes. I put the two 3/16” original rubbers back and thought it would cause the ball to roll straight to the right flipper. But they do stick out a bit with original but normally bounce to the left flipper. I assuming this is “normal” flow?

Timing the upper flipper with the lock release is hard. I assume with practice I’ll get better.

ACC73F48-0964-49EF-937F-EA7C4B433905 (resized).jpegACC73F48-0964-49EF-937F-EA7C4B433905 (resized).jpeg

Added over 3 years ago:

about should be 6.7 not 7.7

#5310 3 years ago

This is normal on a premium

Quoted from mbelofsky:

I replaced the two 3/16” rubbers at the lower end of the right loop with a 5/16” super band rubber. (All I had). Obviously I knew it would change things. It ended up bouncing the ball to the left sling, drop targets or in/out lanes. I put the two 3/16” original rubbers back and thought it would cause the ball to roll straight to the right flipper. But they do stick out a bit with original but normally bounce to the left flipper. I assuming this is “normal” flow?

#5311 3 years ago

One SUGGESTION for selcting modes- order them after their color, like a rainbow!
That would make the selecting porcess way more fast and intuitive.
Yellow gen next to orange, next to red...

#5312 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I set my AIQ up last night, this game is fantastic! I might be my favorite Elwin, it's only been a day so it's hard to say right now. Are rejects from the center ramp plastic piece common? I have had numerous shots hit the edge of that piece and get totally rejected. I also think my portal needs some adjustment. It randomly stops raising at times, and doesn't fully raise itself often.

I've had shots reject off that plastic above the Black Widow ramp on mine. If I remember correctly, it happened a fair amount when I had pitch set higher. I lowered the pitch slightly and now it doesn't happen very often.

#5313 3 years ago

Maybe I can take a look at the black widow plastic and do a redesign or something this weekend

#5314 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I've had shots reject off that plastic above the Black Widow ramp on mine. If I remember correctly, it happened a fair amount when I had pitch set higher. I lowered the pitch slightly and now it doesn't happen very often.

I do like to play my games pretty steep. I'll try lowering it, it's at 7.2 right now .

#5315 3 years ago

Received my Disk Leveling Bushing kit from Stern yesterday - any advise or other pointers from anyone who has already done this repair?

#5316 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Received my Disk Leveling Bushing kit from Stern yesterday - any advise or other pointers from anyone who has already done this repair?

I installed it on mine and it was a pretty straightforward job. The only part that caused any thinking was unscrewing the white plastic nut. Didn't want to use too much force and break it. It was a bit tough to get it to release but once it did everything was easy. I just used pliers and gently applied pressure until it released. Everything else was straightforward and pretty easy.

#5317 3 years ago

Got my premium this week. Absolutely loving it!

PXL_20210218_224858903.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20210218_224858903.MP (resized).jpg
#5318 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

One SUGGESTION for selcting modes- order them after their color, like a rainbow!
That would make the selecting porcess way more fast and intuitive.
Yellow gen next to orange, next to red...

I've already suggested that the order you rotate through gems while selecting should be the same order they are displayed on the screen and the gauntlet.

#5319 3 years ago

Anybody tried the connect figures in their game? They are small enough, not super detailed though. Maybe a repaint would be fun. Captain marvel looks decent enough though. I pictured her twice to show a flying upward angle ha. Could see her flying up the side somehow! Not one for adding a ton of crap in a game, as I think this game is super awesome as is. The mods you guys are showing look great. This Mezel mods especially!

118DD5A8-81EC-4899-83B6-886AD950DA84 (resized).jpeg118DD5A8-81EC-4899-83B6-886AD950DA84 (resized).jpeg11A36492-F5E3-49A0-855D-08155BE95FF1 (resized).jpeg11A36492-F5E3-49A0-855D-08155BE95FF1 (resized).jpeg4DD4FB83-763F-4E07-9835-16730E25672E (resized).jpeg4DD4FB83-763F-4E07-9835-16730E25672E (resized).jpeg5D99CB98-857F-4CAE-AB90-5BA5EE660EC8 (resized).jpeg5D99CB98-857F-4CAE-AB90-5BA5EE660EC8 (resized).jpeg759E0065-B968-4A19-97AD-C596E37ACC8A (resized).jpeg759E0065-B968-4A19-97AD-C596E37ACC8A (resized).jpegDA3A8361-040D-4812-BC78-C5CD5B3E38C6 (resized).jpegDA3A8361-040D-4812-BC78-C5CD5B3E38C6 (resized).jpegEEA43B5F-A344-4BAB-B60A-4265FCF35669 (resized).jpegEEA43B5F-A344-4BAB-B60A-4265FCF35669 (resized).jpeg
#5320 3 years ago
Quoted from ProjectSmoke:

Got my premium this week. Absolutely loving it!
[quoted image]

That topper looks good...

#5321 3 years ago

I'm about to acquire a used AIQ Pro with about 200 plays. What (specific to this game) should I check for?

#5322 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If I remember right the Deadpool Hellhouse scoop is an example of one being protected from the factory.

The last one they did a protector on was the grandpa scoop on munsters. I know my deadpool one fell apart and I had to get a new one. They aren't as thick as actual cliffy protectors, but at least it was something. At least you can put the drop target protectors on some of the scoops, like avengers.

#5323 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I'm about to acquire a used AIQ Pro with about 200 plays. What (specific to this game) should I check for?

Congrats - I'm sure you will love it. Probably others on this forum with more experience on used machines, but I would simply play it for a few games and note if anything seems to not work as intended. I have come to realize that routine maintenance is a key part of owning your own machine. Unless anything is clearly broken, I probably would not be too concerned.

#5324 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Check the ball guides around Thor captive ball and others around the area for heavy peeling. Fun game.

#5325 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

I think I've fixed the portal issue. Ultimately I reflowed the connections on the sensor board and reseated the connections going to the node board. After that my portal is working properly.

#5326 3 years ago

Well I joined the club tonight and got my Premium! So far very happy. Sold my Iron Maiden Premium to make way.

04073B02-1E60-41C3-B01B-186664E64186 (resized).jpeg04073B02-1E60-41C3-B01B-186664E64186 (resized).jpeg793D72E7-8BA5-4A1A-BDC0-2B4638C2854C (resized).jpeg793D72E7-8BA5-4A1A-BDC0-2B4638C2854C (resized).jpeg
#5327 3 years ago

Can someone post some pictures of the side armor on their AIQ Premium?
I'm considering buying them.
Thanks guys!

#5328 3 years ago

Wish we could order the side armor! Seems to be on back order . Same with topper

#5329 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Thanks guys!

I posted pics with mirror blades a while back if you go to the thread photos. I think mirror blades on this machine look fantastic. It really brings out the amazing light show this game has.

#5330 3 years ago

Is your guys upper flipper lined up with the dot or a little right of it?

#5331 3 years ago

dead on. premium. born on 2/5/21.

#5332 3 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Is your guys upper flipper lined up with the dot or a little right of it?

Mine is every so slightly to the right.

#5333 3 years ago

AIQ Battle Royale Challenge 0.99 Bug

After defeating the Black Order - instead of the game ending - I am awarded the Soul Gem and allowed to continue the game, which unfortunately didn't last long with an outlane drain...

I've been awarded a zero point Soul Gem a few other times, but this is the first time the game continued.

#5334 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Check if mini loop and hulk spinner register correctly.
I also reduced the strenght of ball eject to protect the shooter lane (as usual with stern)

#5335 3 years ago

Wow I wish I had heard about the issues with the Ant-Man rail earlier. Three days in and my rail has already scraped away the art around it. I have a set of Cliffys on the way, but it's still a bummer. For now I've raised it up with a washer.

It's odd that some games seem to have a washer on it from the factory. Mine was built Feb 8 and did not.

#5336 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Wow I wish I had heard about the issues with the Ant-Man rail earlier. Three days in and my rail has already scraped away the art around it. I have a set of Cliffys on the way, but it's still a bummer. For now I've raised it up with a washer.
It's odd that some games seem to have a washer on it from the factory. Mine was built Feb 8 and did not.

Sorry to hear that, it’s been all over this thread for some time. Might contact stern since they did make adjustments for it?

#5337 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

Sorry to hear that, it’s been all over this thread for some time. Might contact stern since they did make adjustments for it?

Yeah I shot them an email, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure how I missed it, though I also didn't spend much time in this thread until receiving the game. Lesson learned for the next time I get a game.

#5338 3 years ago

when does the up post in front of avenger tower fire? it hasn’t activated once in a couple dozen games on prem. i put a few games on a pro before buying and it fired several times just by flailing around. i ran test and it fires so i’m thinking either i suck and haven’t activated it yet (likely) or i’ve got some kind of upstream switch issue.

#5339 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

when does the up post in front of avenger tower fire? it hasn’t activated once in a couple dozen games on prem. i put a few games on a pro before buying and it fired several times just by flailing around. i ran test and it fires so i’m thinking either i suck and haven’t activated it yet (likely) or i’ve got some kind of upstream switch issue.

On the premium, it comes up to catch the ball after hitting the gauntlet ramp when you collect a gem. That is the only time I can think of, but there might be more.

On the pro it will come up more often as I believe that is where it stops the ball to select your gem quest. Pretty much any time the premium would put a ball into the subway, the pro stops it there ( I think!).

#5340 3 years ago
Quoted from pineal:

Maybe you haven’t collected a gem yet? Other than that, it will come up during Thanos Attacks mode every time you defend a gem against him.

The post comes up all the time in the pro because that’s where the gem quests start, instead of from the portal.

#5341 3 years ago
Quoted from atrainn:

Yeah I shot them an email, so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure how I missed it, though I also didn't spend much time in this thread until receiving the game. Lesson learned for the next time I get a game.

Chances are that your Thor ball guide is digging in as well, and you want to get a washer on that sooner then later.

#5342 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Chances are that your Thor ball guide is digging in as well, and you want to get a washer on that sooner then later.

Yep I took care of that one when I did the Antman rail as it looked like it was begging to do some damage.

#5343 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

On the premium, it comes up to catch the ball after hitting the gauntlet ramp when you collect a gem. <snip>

Quoted from Eightball88:

Maybe you haven’t collected a gem yet? Other than that, it will come up during Thanos Attacks mode every time you defend a gem against him.
<snip>

ok so i did collect a gem once. it might have fired and i just missed it in the excitement. good to know it doesn’t fire as often in prem. i’ll keep an eye out for it and maybe check check the opto on the right ramp in the meantime.
thank you both for responding. your quick insightful feedback is an example of what i love about pinside. much appreciated.

#5344 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballnewb01:

Thanks guys!

Here ya go!

2C404B0A-4673-4C21-AA41-C03F36C508F9.jpeg2C404B0A-4673-4C21-AA41-C03F36C508F9.jpegF8630ED3-2813-4528-B269-F2E68890AC25.jpegF8630ED3-2813-4528-B269-F2E68890AC25.jpeg
#5345 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Here ya go![quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good with them rails.

And Pin Stadiums are a must with AIQ. Dark game without.

#5346 3 years ago
Quoted from AUKraut:

Here ya go![quoted image][quoted image]

Who sells those rails? They look great!

#5347 3 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

Comet spotlight kit worked like a charm for me, agreed the game is too dark for my tastes.

#5348 3 years ago

I actually think this game is brighter than most, especially with the awesome light shows that the developers keep adding. Its much brighter compared to my IMDN and TWD lol.

#5349 3 years ago

Thanks, and I took the red pill and made a GI interactive double-row RGBW poor man lighting rails myself......

#5350 3 years ago

Just unboxed my game and on ball one this showed up on the playfield. Anyone know where it belongs? Thx!

IMG_0791 (resized).jpgIMG_0791 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
6,644 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Dacula, GA
$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bay Shore, NY
$ 300.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Machine - For Sale
Boston, MA
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.