IMG_5446 (resized).jpg
IMG_2764 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2765 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4133 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4131 (resized).jpeg
5A7A7C74-85FC-459B-9CF8-443697C2B03A (resized).jpeg
IMG_2505 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 253.
#5101 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Found the image via Google, then trimmed and sent it to a bespoke towel printing company here in the UK £19.95 and 48hr delivery.
Going to sew a couple of pockets to put magnets in at the top so it doesn't slip down.

Well done - that's very cool!

#5102 3 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

Based on the streams from Raymond Davidson, shots that come down the BP Orbit should hit that rubber post and land nicely to the left flipper. Thats the way KED intended this shot to be.

Thanks for the confirmation. After tightening the post, mine does just that. Good stuff.

#5103 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

New dust cover for my AIQ

Quoted from WJxxxx:

Found the image via Google, then trimmed and sent it to a bespoke towel printing company here in the UK £19.95 and 48hr delivery.

What you should do is take a picture of the playfield and get that printed.

#5104 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thanks for the confirmation. After tightening the post, mine does just that. Good stuff.

Over on Tilt Forums Raymond says “ a premium should bounce toward the left flipper, but not necessarily right to it. Keeps you on your toes. On a pro, the lane guide should be smooth and should go to the right flipper / sling area.

I was playing on a goofy prototype Pro that had been fitted with premium lane guide rubbers”

http://tiltforums.com/t/avengers-infinity-quest-rulesheet/6740/124

#5105 3 years ago

I know the rules state that to get to Thanos attacks you have to have 2 gems plus the sould gem but i just but there with less last night.
I had won the power or reality(I forget), lost the time then won the soul gem. Immediately went into Thanos after Soul. Lasted all of 30seconds lol

#5106 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I know the rules state that to get to Thanos attacks you have to have 2 gems plus the sould gem but i just but there with less last night.
I had won the power or reality(I forget), lost the time then won the soul gem. Immediately went into Thanos after Soul. Last all of 30seconds lol

You do not need to have won 2 other gems, just have played for them. Soul Gem is the only one you have to have won, so you are locked out of that mode if you do not get it.

I believe with the latest code now if you go into the Attack with having lost one or both of the other gem fights, you can win one back. If you go in with both gems (plus Soul), you get to a victory multiball if you win.

#5107 3 years ago

Got the email from Cointaker yesterday saying my premium is ready to ship. I had ordered for the March run, so that was a nice surprise . I'll be in the club soon!

#5108 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My auto launcher is not making it around. I tried turning it down power this thread but is made it worse. I’ve checked all the wiring to the auto launcher and I can’t see any issues. It’s just not working right. We are getting out of my comfort zone here. What an I do? It makes soul gem impossible, for me, by the way.

There are lots of posts on this topic in this thread, but there's not a silver bullet here. (Maybe that's why there isn't a single key post at the beginning of this thread.)

Anyway, I was getting 50% success and starting messing with various aspects. I came away with 100% success now at a power of 240 (key for soul as you pointed out), BUT understand that it's a process of trial and error. I hit new lows (10-15%) during the process. It takes patience and some luck.

My suggestions:
1. Record your ball launches in super slow-mo. This was critical for me, as it clearly showed the ball careening off the sides on the way up, killing speed and resulting in partial orbit.
- The goal is for the ball to NOT touch the rails if possible up until it curves to the left. And even then, the ball should be hugging the right rail when it gets off the ramp for a nice smooth transition to the left.
2. Check the launcher alignment as someone else pointed out. Mine was making good contact, i didn't adjust it at all.
3. I ended up putting layers of felt padding under the tab of the metal ramp (goes under the BP vertical rail) AND had to tweak (twisting it slightly) that same ramp to keep the ball on center during the path up to the left turn.

Somebody was suggesting drilling new holes for the 2 screws, since it's clear the ramp can slide down a bit, but I can't recommend that.

Hope that helps. (red path is your goal. gray path is what I was seeing in my slo-mo originally, albeit accentuated.)
AIQ AutoLaunch issues-cropped (resized).jpgAIQ AutoLaunch issues-cropped (resized).jpg

#5109 3 years ago

Just got invoiced for my Premium! Should be here in 7-10 days!

#5110 3 years ago
Quoted from LargemouthAss:

Just got invoiced for my Premium! Should be here in 7-10 days!

Paid mine Monday and still don’t have shipping confirmed........jonesin!

#5111 3 years ago

I hear all the Premium shipping good news, is anyone waiting on a Pro to ship?

#5112 3 years ago

Anyone have a solution for the Capt. Marvel ramp? I'm getting like 70% rejections on this, and it's making it a pain in the ass to play.

Also, not sure what's up with this game, but I honestly don't recall ever seen a more drain prone game, and two of my favorites are TWD and TNA, so I'm not impartial to brutal games.

With AIQ I fee like 90% of balls heading to the outlanes are gone. I actually have been turning the game off mid-game and just moving onto something else lately.

I have the game set at 6.5.

Any input would be great!

#5113 3 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Anyone have a solution for the Capt. Marvel ramp? I'm getting like 70% rejections on this, and it's making it a pain in the ass to play.
Also, not sure what's up with this game, but I honestly don't recall ever seen a more drain prone game, and two of my favorites are TWD and TNA, so I'm not impartial to brutal games.
With AIQ I fee like 90% of balls heading to the outlanes are gone. I actually have been turning the game off mid-game and just moving onto something else lately.

For the CM ramp, some people put some lexan on the left of the ramp. Someone made a mod as well that works the same.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/101#post-6125628

For the outlanes, not sure how to help.

#5114 3 years ago

Added a few more mods today.

201E5EF7-767B-42E6-B52A-558FFBF9AE80 (resized).jpeg201E5EF7-767B-42E6-B52A-558FFBF9AE80 (resized).jpeg8328D8E6-3365-4606-BC2F-40DF8A7AA442 (resized).jpeg8328D8E6-3365-4606-BC2F-40DF8A7AA442 (resized).jpeg
#5115 3 years ago

THe outlanes are hungry, no question. Try increasing the pitch to 6.8-7.0 - that will reduce the side to side action and therefore the side drains. Might also help with Marvel ramp.

#5116 3 years ago

Just received a NIB Avengers AIQ and my son and I decided we’d prefer an LE. Open to trades or a sale before the itch to open it becomes to great.

#5117 3 years ago

I set the slingshots to lowest possible, now it's less frustrating

#5118 3 years ago

I was playing the challenge mode tonight which i rarely think to do because i find it kind of dull.
I found myself thinking how much more i would enjoy a challenge like a boss rush mode. Similar to how the current challenge mode is presented but actually playing through the gem quests to defeat the members of the order. Maybe give the player the option to choose the next member of the order to challenge so it isnt always the exact same order. I feel like it would be a good way to practice the gems quests independent of the normal gameplay rules like you drain you lose. Instead you lose health like how the challenge mode is now. Just my opinion

#5119 3 years ago

Just re-read the Infinity Gauntlet comics while taking a break from playing. I know several times it’s been mentioned here that Adam Warlock is missing from AIQ code. Reading the comics I thought they’d code him in around the Soul Gem or something, but it is hard to see how he gets a big ‘new’ part in AIQ code releases...the game structure seems pretty fleshed out currently. But hey they can code anything they want!

However, when finished reading I was wondering if anyone has discussed the idea that ‘we’ the players are Adam Warlock on AIQ? It would make some sense from the comics that our battle with Thanos to take and hold the gems makes us Warlock? Thanos leads the Black Order, we as Warlock lead the Avengers and battle our team against Thanos’ team.

CD09A09F-2E85-4E4A-99A7-96236DE7CFBE (resized).pngCD09A09F-2E85-4E4A-99A7-96236DE7CFBE (resized).png
#5120 3 years ago

New High Score on the Battle Royale Challenge mini game!

IMG_0024 (resized).JPGIMG_0024 (resized).JPG
#5121 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Ike:

I was wondering if anyone has discussed the idea that ‘we’ the players are Adam Warlock on AIQ?

I was kinda thinking that too. But it would be nice if they actually made some reference to the player being Warlock in the call outs.

#5122 3 years ago

Any word if they might add a co-op mode? Man I'd love that!

#5123 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Any word if they might add a co-op mode? Man I'd love that!

I believe Elwin is on record that there might be a possibility of co-op mode but he didn’t sound too confident lol.

He did mention there would be more to come with the trophies.And we all know Gomez has hinted at online gameplay.

#5124 3 years ago

Anyone doing any custom movie and sounds clips can you pm me as interested?

#5125 3 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Anyone doing any custom movie and sounds clips can you pm me as interested?

Same here... I have pinball browser and no idea how to use it. I would donate to someone who could add some life to my AIQ

#5126 3 years ago

It would be funny if the added a small Deadpool cameo.
He is in Xmen already.
"I see the Avengers stole the pinball idea that i stole from the Xmen"
Ill just assume there can be no mention of the Fox Marvelverse for liscensing reasons though.
(Though we are seeing some Marvel property cooperation on Wandavision)

#5127 3 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

It would be funny if the added a small Deadpool cameo.
He is in Xmen already.
"I see the Avengers stole the pinball idea that i stole from the Xmen"
Ill just assume there can be no mention of the Fox Marvelverse for liscensing reasons though.
(Though we are seeing some Marvel property cooperation on Wandavision)

That's because Disney (Marvel) bought Fox (Xmen) for like $71B.

#5128 3 years ago

PinMonk - I’m not sure if it was purely a placebo effect or not but my first game after installing your Tibetan Breeze Flipper cooling fans, I blew out a 40 minute 500M game. Didn’t notice any flipper fade especially with Black Order MB or the many Thor and Iron Man MBs I had. I was able to clear the balls to the ramps easily. Again, might have been just a solid game, but I did notice a difference the deeper I got. (That’s what she said).

150EE613-AE4E-4AA6-9499-6797ED2024C8 (resized).jpeg150EE613-AE4E-4AA6-9499-6797ED2024C8 (resized).jpeg
#5129 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

vireland - I’m not sure if it was purely a placebo effect or not but my first game after installing your Tibetan Breeze Flipper cooling fans, I blew out a 40 minute 500M game. Didn’t notice any flipper fade especially with Black Order MB or the many Thor and Iron Man MBs I had. I was able to clear the balls to the ramps easily. Again, might have been just a solid game, but I did notice a difference the deeper I got. (That’s what she said).[quoted image]

Maybe placebo initially, but the longer you play, the more the flipper performance consistency improvement becomes obvious. Thanks for posting your personal experience with the next level.

#5130 3 years ago

Are these fan kits for sale somewhere? They sound awesome.

#5131 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Are these fan kits for sale somewhere? They sound awesome.

In the pinside store here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1170-pin-monk/04552-tibetan-breeze-spooky-pin-2-flipper-cooling-kit

Or on Pinmonk.com:
https://pinmonk.com/

Spike and Spooky kits are out. JJP kits are end of the month, then older pins after that.

#5132 3 years ago

I’ll ask this in here since I just purchased a ton of mods and things to add to my Premium. I’m looking for a 12V splitter that has both male and female ends on it as I’ve run out of ways to get everything connected. Somehow I have a stack of splitters that have all female ends. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

#5133 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I’ll ask this in here since I just purchased a ton of mods and things to add to my Premium. I’m looking for a 12V splitter that has both male and female ends on it as I’ve run out of ways to get everything connected. Somehow I have a stack of splitters that have all female ends. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

12v splitter with what kind of end on it? Where are you getting the 12v from?

#5134 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

Be somewhat careful of how much you are adding. The machine's built-in power supplies are not UNLIMITED in power, even if you can get splitters and cables with enough ports. It's more about the POWER than the ports.

That said, things like individual LEDs take very little power, FANs are somewhere in the middle and PinStadiums and custom toppers can take much more.

#5135 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Be somewhat careful of how much you are adding. The machine's built-in power supplies are not UNLIMITED in power, even if you can get splitters and cables with enough ports. It's more about the POWER than the ports.
That said, things like individual LEDs take very little power, FANs are somewhere in the middle and PinStadiums and custom toppers can take much more.

Depends on the fan. Fans I sell are at the bottom of power consumption at a small fraction of an amp - 2 of the standard flipper fans aren't even a tenth of an amp - WAY below even small LED strips.

But yeah, this is super sage advice. Know your real-world amp draw (don't rely in spec sheets - they can be and often are wrong).

#5136 3 years ago

Wouldn’t it be cool to have the Marvel movie opening to open the AIQ game? It would add a couple of seconds of delay before “game time” but it’s such a better opening than just the Thanos still shot.

9FC4F479-ED07-49F7-87A7-865343418C3F.gif9FC4F479-ED07-49F7-87A7-865343418C3F.gif
#5137 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

12v splitter with what kind of end on it? Where are you getting the 12v from?

I might be calling it the wrong thing but the cables I have look like this I just need one with two male ends and two female ends.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#5138 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I might be calling it the wrong thing but the cables I have look like this I just need one with two male ends and two female ends.
[quoted image]

Yes, but where are you drawing the 12v from? The power distribution board? If so, you probably want something like this:

https://www.pinballlife.com/8-way-power-splitter-board-for-stern-pinball-machines-using-the-spike-spike-2-system.html

#5139 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes, but where are you drawing the 12v from? The power distribution board?

The board inside the coin door top left where I have my led flippers plugged into.

#5140 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Rock Custom Pinball. This uses the service outlet and first draw on the machine itself.

https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/game-on-power-supply

#5141 3 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rock Custom Pinball. This uses the service outlet and first draw on the machine itself.
https://www.rockcustompinball.com/product-page/game-on-power-supply

Looks pretty cool but what kind of connectors are on the end there?

#5142 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

The board inside the coin door top left where I have my led flippers plugged into.

If you're talking about CN11, you have to be VERY careful splitting off that since you have 2A to work with and going over that you can damage your cabinet node board.

What all are you plugging into it? I have a splitter for it that I got to offer with people getting fan kits that still wanted to run their flipper buttons. It has an FL-2 connector like the fans use on one end of the split, and a 5 pin connector like CN11 has on the other side of the split. But I really don't recommend doing more than that and a lit shooter rod, maybe with CN11.

The optional splitter plugs into the fused harness that comes with the Tibetan Breeze flipper cooling kit. It's brand new and not in the store yet, but will be shortly.

Tibetan_Breeze_Harness_FL2-CN11_Splitter (resized).jpgTibetan_Breeze_Harness_FL2-CN11_Splitter (resized).jpg

#5143 3 years ago

I need my led flippers, a backbox led strip, and something else all tied into one. So I need three things running off of that connector. I’m doing that on my JP Premium as I had a splitter with a male end on it I just don’t remember where I bought that cable from.

#5144 3 years ago
Quoted from Deyanks98:

I need my led flippers, a backbox led strip, and something else all tied into one. So I need three things running off of that connector. I’m doing that on my JP Premium as I had a splitter with a male end on it I just don’t remember where I bought that cable from.

What's the "something else"? It all adds up, and splitting the 2A of CN11 too many times is less safe than pulling it off the power distribution board. I'd leave your flippers on CN11 and do the rest off the power distribution board with the Pinball Life splitter.

#5145 3 years ago

Ran into a small "bug" tonight on code 0.99. I sent it to [email protected] to let them know as well.

At the end of the game of Battle Royale Challenge mini game I was awarded a 0 point Soul Gem after winning the Battle Royale. And then it started to announce "Choose your Avenger" and then the mini game ended. I've only had this happen once so far after a couple dozen mini games on the latest code.

#5146 3 years ago

So, I've owned and loved Maiden, Jurassic, and now AIQ, but I'm finding my game almost unplayable.

Here are some things that are really killing it for me:

- 80-90% off failed shots around the Hawkeye loop, roll back out and drain down the left side
- 50-60% off shots coming out of the Cast. America pops drain SDTM with no chance at saving
- Nudging seems almost futile for side drains
- 60-70% of shots to the Cast. Marvel ramp reject

I have the game at 6.6 degrees just above the slings (6.4 near flippers, and 6.7-6.8 at the top of the pf)

Are these drains above by design? Also what angle is this game recommended to be at?

I want to like this game, so hopefully I can find a way to make it play better.

Also, TWD and TNA are two of my top games, so in no way do I shy away from hard games.

Thanks!

#5147 3 years ago

So, I've owned and loved Maiden, Jurassic, and now AIQ, but I'm finding my game almost unplayable.
- 80-90% off failed shots around the Hawkeye loop, roll back out and drain down the left side
- 50-60% off shots coming out of the Cast. America pops drain SDTM with no chance at saving
I have the game at 6.6 degrees just above the slings (6.4 near flippers, and 6.7-6.8 at the top of the pf)
Are these drains above by design? Also what angle is this game recommended to be at?
Also, TWD and TNA are two of my top games, so in no way do I shy away from hard games.
Thanks!

First, check your playfield left to right with a straightedge to make sure it's not concave or convex. If it is, stop and talk to Stern. If it's flat, proceed.

Second turn your leg levelers on ONE SIDE ONLY, front and back 1/4 turn each. Whichever direction you choose, to the same for both. Test after each adjustment. If it's making it better, keep doing 1/4 turn, then test until you dial it in. If it's making it worse, turn 1/2 turn the opposite direction and then alternate 1/4 turns and testing the other way until you dial it in. You're probably just a hair off level, so small, precise adjustments should get you where you want to be.

Captain Marvel ramp improvements to substantially reduce rejects are another matter and documented here.

#5148 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What's the "something else"? It all adds up, and splitting the 2A of CN11 too many times is less safe than pulling it off the power distribution board. I'd leave your flippers on CN11 and do the rest off the power distribution board with the Pinball Life splitter.

@vireland, do you know how many amps you can pull from the power dist board (cn6) safely? Looks like it has a good sized connector that can support 18awg wire, but wondering what the board is rated for.

#5149 3 years ago

Thanks!

I have a pro so don't have the CM ramp rejects or issues but this is the hardest out of the three games Elwin has made. I have one great game maybe out of ten played but the rest are battling the side drains and trying not to tilt. I don't find it as ass kicking as TMNT which I just sold but hard enough, still love the layout and Elwin is my favorite designer and crushing it.

#5150 3 years ago

Thanks!

It’s amazing to hear how these titles can play so differently from game to game. I don’t experience any drains from Hawkeye misses or pop bumpers. CM my game has about a 50% acceptance rate which is totally normal because it does require a clean accurate shot

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.00
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
5,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Jacksonville, FL
$ 75.00
Lighting - Backbox
arcade-cabinets.com
Backbox
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,400 (Firm)
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 12,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 253.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/103?hl=markharris2000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.