04.jpg
03.jpg
02.jpg
01.jpg
IMG_1031 (resized).JPG
IMG_3864 (resized).jpg
36863FBC-80B4-44C0-BAA5-628E16C6A2D9 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 255.
#5051 3 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Finally blew up this game a bit after so much frustration. Cleared just over 800mil and that was with my last ball draining right after save cleared.... Got 5 gems and fended off Thanos attacks protecting both my gems which was awesome.
What triggers the final battle with Thanos? I did all the gem quests and black order multiball. The game didnt really give me a hint as to what to do next....

Only one thing to do at that point...Battle Royale (third Avengers Assemble). Then you would have had Thanos Battle. Getting close!

#5052 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Only one thing to do at that point...Battle Royale (third Avengers Assemble). Then you would have had Thanos Battle. Getting close!

I figured that. And I tried to make a shot and drained that last ball. Oh well. Glad I was close. I was thinking about trading this game soon as I was frustrated and then boom an awesome game. Still may trade it at some point. Need more space!

#5053 3 years ago

***CAPTAIN MARVEL RAMP MOD BUYERS***

first run is shipping tomorrow, there are no instructions inside the package because I wanted to get this into people's hands asap. Instead I will make a YouTube video tomorrow of the the install, I will PM the link to you tomorrow or friday. I figured this will be the easiest and fast way to get them out.

Thanks again
Tom D

#5054 3 years ago

My auto launcher is not making it around. I tried turning it down power this thread but is made it worse. I’ve checked all the wiring to the auto launcher and I can’t see any issues. It’s just not working right. We are getting out of my comfort zone here. What an I do? It makes soul gem impossible, for me, by the way.

#5055 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Hey folks
Keep having a stuck ball issue with my AIQ Pro on location. A slow shot to the captain marvel lane will get really stuck in the wire gate. Ball moves fast enough to get about half way into the gate, and the metal tab that swings the gate closed just puts enough pressure on the gate to prevent the ball from going through. No amount of shaking the machine moves the ball, glass has to come off.
Anyone else have this, and is there a fix?
I'm also waiting to hear back from my distributor on this issue. I put in a warranty claim. Serious weak points on this design ...[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

How many plays before that broke?

#5056 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

My auto launcher is not making it around. I tried turning it down power this thread but is made it worse. I’ve checked all the wiring to the auto launcher and I can’t see any issues. It’s just not working right. We are getting out of my comfort zone here. What an I do? It makes soul gem impossible, for me, by the way.

Same issues here. Mine is strong early but maybe 10 minutes into a game and after a MB, mine can’t make it around anymore either. Hoping for some suggestions too.

#5057 3 years ago

Decided to upgrade my AIQ topper. I wanted a gauntlet which matched the comic and the pin as much as possible. What you see is the 2014 Comic Con gauntlet which I wired up with lighting strips.

#5058 3 years ago
Quoted from Moomert1:

Decided to upgrade my AIQ topper. I wanted a gauntlet which matched the comic and the pin as much as possible. What you see is the 2014 Comic Con gauntlet which I wired up with lighting strips.

Video issue, please repost.

#5059 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Video issue, please repost.

How about now

#5060 3 years ago

Does anyone make a replacement mod for the Thanos guantlet?
My kids are more picky about it than I am. I agree with them that is not the greatest.

#5061 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Yep I've had that happen a few times too. Last time was during a mutiball.so.i was able to knock it with another ball. Haven't figured out a fix but I might just take the gate off and see how that does.

#5062 3 years ago

The portal spinner can be dangerous, and Captain Marvel ramp rejects. And once you get an out of control ball, then the outlanes are assholes. But I never feel the game is unfair or cheap.

#5063 3 years ago
Quoted from Jecco74:

Does anyone make a replacement mod for the Thanos guantlet?
My kids are more picky about it than I am. I agree with them that is not the greatest.

I might tackle this next, I have a couple ppl that have pros that want to replace the flat plastic

#5064 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

The portal spinner can be dangerous, and Captain Marvel ramp rejects. And once you get an out of control ball, then the outlanes are assholes. But I never feel the game is unfair or cheap.

Yeah. I have rarely been screwed by the portal, but it can happen. Cap Marvel reject drains are definitely real, but usually that's my own fault for not hitting the ramp cleanly enough. The only other drain that really feels unfair to me is a ball coming down the right side (to the right of Thor) hugs the lane guide and would feed cleanly to the right flipper...until it hits the freaking rubber rings on the posts just left of the Ant-Man wire-form. That rubber is just enough to bounce most balls perfectly into the center drain instead of my flipper. I need to pull mine apart and see if there is any room for adjustment on those posts, otherwise I might need to replace them with the cliffy/post rubber style posts instead of rings. The way that lane guide is shaped, it seems clear that they should be feeding clean to the right flipper, but those rubbers peak out JUST enough to screw you over. Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?

#5065 3 years ago

I finally make it to Battle Thanos.
I sucked at gems, but enough extra balls to assemble 4 times.
I actually won again Thanos, but no idea how. I remember one halfs of the shots were blue, the other red, and i did as many as possible.
That's it?

#5066 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Yeah. I have rarely been screwed by the portal, but it can happen. Cap Marvel reject drains are definitely real, but usually that's my own fault for not hitting the ramp cleanly enough. The only other drain that really feels unfair to me is a ball coming down the right side (to the right of Thor) hugs the lane guide and would feed cleanly to the right flipper...until it hits the freaking rubber rings on the posts just left of the Ant-Man wire-form. That rubber is just enough to bounce most balls perfectly into the center drain instead of my flipper. I need to pull mine apart and see if there is any room for adjustment on those posts, otherwise I might need to replace them with the cliffy/post rubber style posts instead of rings. The way that lane guide is shaped, it seems clear that they should be feeding clean to the right flipper, but those rubbers peak out JUST enough to screw you over. Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?

I was having the same issue. I think the intent of those post rubbers is to bounce the ball away from the centre drain. I bent my outlane guide a fraction to expose a bit more of the post, and now I get a nice bounce off of it to the left flipper.

#5067 3 years ago

Anyone come up with a fix for the ball getting stuck under the glove in the back?

#5068 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I was having the same issue. I think the intent of those post rubbers is to bounce the ball away from the centre drain. I bent my outlane guide a fraction to expose a bit more of the post, and now I get a nice bounce off of it to the left flipper.

Ahh...interesting. I hadn't thought of the intent might have been to return to the left. I will have to give that a shot. I was just assuming right as the guide seems to the guiding it there before the bounce. Thanks!

#5069 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Anyone come up with a fix for the ball getting stuck under the glove in the back?

Yeah, Mazel Mods has a nice insert you can place there. Blocks the ball from getting stuck. I'm sure there is also a solution involving pliers and bent metal, but I think the money was well spent with Mazel.

#5070 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

I finally make it to Battle Thanos.
I sucked at gems, but enough extra balls to assemble 4 times.
I actually won again Thanos, but no idea how. I remember one halfs of the shots were blue, the other red, and i did as many as possible.
That's it?

You just have to hit enough shots to take his life meter down to zero. I believe Trophy Mania is the true wizard mode if your looking for something else to achieve.

#5071 3 years ago

I don’t have my game yet and just looking at photos. I looked at the manual. There are not a lot of rubbers. But it looks like the upper flipper takes a beating.

So if I were to replace all the rubbers with superbands, I assume blue would be the best color? What colors have you used?

#5072 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

That rubber is just enough to bounce most balls perfectly into the center drain instead of my flipper. I need to pull mine apart and see if there is any room for adjustment on those posts, otherwise I might need to replace them with the cliffy/post rubber style posts instead of rings. The way that lane guide is shaped, it seems clear that they should be feeding clean to the right flipper, but those rubbers peak out JUST enough to screw you over. Anyone else with the same issue, or is it just me?

I had the same issue on mine, then I checked that post and realized it was pretty loose, which meant it was giving a little when the ball hit it so the ball wasn't bouncing off it strongly enough. I used blue loctite on the post and re-tightened it and now the ball usually bounces nicely over to the left flipper. My SDTMs from it have almost disappeared since tightening that post.

#5073 3 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

I don’t have my game yet and just looking at photos. I looked at the manual. There are not a lot of rubbers. But it looks like the upper flipper takes a beating.
So if I were to replace all the rubbers with superbands, I assume blue would be the best color? What colors have you used?

That's exactly what I have done, but you are correct that the top one takes a beating. I am still looking for something which will hold up. Blue looks good.

#5074 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I'm not at my location, but I'm going to guess around 4200. I'll check it today.

#5075 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

I had the same issue on mine, then I checked that post and realized it was pretty loose, which meant it was giving a little when the ball hit it so the ball wasn't bouncing off it strongly enough. I used blue loctite on the post and re-tightened it and now the ball usually bounces nicely over to the left flipper. My SDTMs from it have almost disappeared since tightening that post.

Doh! Of course! As one of the most vocal people about Stern's terrible loose post issues, you would think I would have thought of that. Just took a look and sure enough. These are sure annoying ones to get to, but after tightening them down, all balls seem to bounce happily to the left flipper. Way better. Thank much!

#5076 3 years ago

Just posted my Avengers 3D printed flipper toppers for sale: https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/110071

IMG_5527 (resized).JPGIMG_5527 (resized).JPG
#5077 3 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

smokedog - I have this issue quite a bit but usually can get it dislodged with some force. Never had to remove glass. Tipped it sideways once, so that was a little aggressive, but 99% of the time I’ve shaken it free.

It's happened on my pro 5 or 6 times in about 400 plays. Had to remove glass 3 times so far.

#5078 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Which post are you all talking about? I can't picture it, I'm at work hahaha.

#5079 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Which post are you all talking about? I can't picture it, I'm at work hahaha.

This one at the entrance to the orbit.

9A6125A4-8E32-4DA1-A350-469268A0A078 (resized).jpeg9A6125A4-8E32-4DA1-A350-469268A0A078 (resized).jpeg
#5080 3 years ago
Quoted from BirdForce1:

It's happened on my pro 5 or 6 times in about 400 plays. Had to remove glass 3 times so far.

We are close to double that amount for sure. Seems like it happens once every couple of days.

#5081 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

This one at the entrance to the orbit.
[quoted image]

Thank you! Something to check on when I get home!

#5082 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Yeah, Mazel Mods has a nice insert you can place there. Blocks the ball from getting stuck. I'm sure there is also a solution involving pliers and bent metal, but I think the money was well spent with Mazel.

The only thing I find on Mezel Mods is for the ball getting stuck in the pop bumper, nothing under the glove.

#5083 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

The only thing I find on Mezel Mods is for the ball getting stuck in the pop bumper, nothing under the glove.

Sorry thought you were talking about the bumper - have not heard of any solutions for the glove...

#5084 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Same. Any other solutions besides turn down power, which didn’t work, would be appreciated.

#5085 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

Make sure the ball is sitting square with both "arms" of the auto launch mechanism... look at it from above - you want the ball touching both arms the same amount, may need to bend the arms a little. Also may need to bend out the bottom of the mechanism or add clips to take up any side to side movement.

Clean and wax or use whatever cleaner you prefer to clean the shooter lane (and entire playfield). I like "Wizards mist and shine" makes the game Very fast!

All of these will help, but i still have about 10% of autolaunches not make it all the way around to the right flipper.

#5086 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

With stock rubber on those posts mine was bouncing nicely to the left flipper. I changed the stock rings for titans and now it feeds to the tip of the right flipper or sdtm, but as long as I flip the right flipper it will stop the sdtm and tip to the left flipper. Makes sense as the titans are fractionally slimmer than the stock, stern, rubber rings.

#5087 3 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I bent the glove bracket down so it sits much closer to the plastic now - stopped most of the stick balls, but still happens occasionally. Don’t understand why there is no Stern fix for this.

#5088 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Also may need to bend out the bottom of the mechanism or add clips to take up any side to side movement.

I appreciate the advice and will look tonight. What kind of clips would need to be added if I want to extend the reach?

#5089 3 years ago

New dust cover for my AIQ

20210211_165710 (resized).jpg20210211_165710 (resized).jpg
#5090 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I'm not at my location, but I'm going to guess around 4200. I'll check it today.

I was wrong. 2330 plays.

#5091 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

dont bend the metal, you can losen up that post push it out a little bit and tighten it down again. I think you have to unscrew some stuff before.

#5092 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

New dust cover for my AIQ
[quoted image]

Very nice! Where did you get that?

#5093 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Based on the streams from Raymond Davidson, shots that come down the BP Orbit should hit that rubber post and land nicely to the left flipper. Thats the way KED intended this shot to be.

#5094 3 years ago
Quoted from lockeness:

I appreciate the advice and will look tonight. What kind of clips would need to be added if I want to extend the reach?

Something like a C-clip or similar so you wouldn't have to take it apart like you would to add a washer. I was able to bend the bottom of mine out just a little to take up the slack without any clips or washers. This is just for the side to side movement to insure the auto launch plunger stays centered and repeatable.

I don't think you can extend the reach of the auto plunger without getting very creative.

When you place a ball in the normal pre-plunge resting position and look down on it from above, you will see what I mean about it hitting both arms equally. Sometimes only one arm is hitting, so the ball gets a bit of side thrust which makes it harder to launch properly. It's usually just small adjustments that are necessary.

#5095 3 years ago

Just heard my NIB AIQprem has shipped. I guess Stern has some of the February batch out the door!

#5096 3 years ago
Quoted from Markharris2000:

Just heard my NIB AIQprem has shipped. I guess Stern has some of the February batch out the door!

Me too. Just got a text that my Premium is shipping tomorrow. I'm really excited to finally get this game in my home.

#5097 3 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

I was wrong. 2330 plays.

Oh thats plenty of plays. Your regulars are probably more than tired of it by now. Might as well sell it while you've got the chance!

#5098 3 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Oh thats plenty of plays. Your regulars are probably more than tired of it by now. Might as well sell it while you've got the chance!

lol.

#5099 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Yep I've had that happen a few times too. Last time was during a mutiball.so.i was able to knock it with another ball. Haven't figured out a fix but I might just take the gate off and see how that does.

You may just be able to disconnect and remove it.

#5100 3 years ago
Quoted from dougPDX:

Very nice! Where did you get that?

Found the image via Google, then trimmed and sent it to a bespoke towel printing company here in the UK £19.95 and 48hr delivery.

Going to sew a couple of pockets to put magnets in at the top so it doesn't slip down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,250 (OBO)
€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 16.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

10,185 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grand Rapids, MI
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Nixa, MO
8,924 (OBO)
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

There are 12,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 102 of 255.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/102?hl=moomert1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.