IMG_1987 (resized).jpeg
look (resized).png
Screenshot_20240402_132312_Stern IC (resized).jpg
magnet (resized).jpg
tmold (resized).jpg
Avengers Right Orbit rattles.gif
05.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

19 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 256.
#4951 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Alright, getting close. There was an ask for what the CM ramp fix looks like in game. This is still in prototype from and "unpainted" but you can start to see the details. The mod just simply snaps into place and can be removed anytime. I've play tested a few games and the results are crazy. I use to get a ton a rejects off the CM ramp but now it's super smooth. I will continue to play test over the weekend and hope to have a solid color scheme by Monday, with shipping starting next Friday.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

PM sent! We are keen for one.

#4952 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

anyone else get annoyed with the call out "eye of agamatto"

First few times I played the game I didn't realize what it was and thought he was saying the "The eye of automotive" and was like "is that a random car ad??".

Whenever you hear the call out it's a good thing because it means the saucer target is loaded up with something good.

#4953 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Groo - When you set yours up let us know if Stern put the safety pin on the Cash Box or is the Cash Box just flopping around inside like mine was and others I've seen ? Stern can't even do that right !

Must be a thing. I got an original run Avengers Pro and the box wasn't secured on it, either.

#4954 3 years ago

Fair warning if you're considering a Tibetan Breeze kit that the Spike kit will change to the Spooky/JJP style universal design for the Spike kit brackets later this month. Since the change requires more hardware, including expensive 10-32 steel hex standoffs, the price will go up on the Spike TB kits to the level of the Spooky kits.

The advantage of this change is it will mean there's only one type of install that isn't left or right specific like the current Spike brackets which make it hard to do a 3 flipper kit because the 3rd flipper can be either left or right oriented, depending on the flipper placement. The universal bracket goes up from the end over the coil stop so it will work for tight situations like the 3rd flipper on Avengers that's too close to the edge of the playfield for the current bracket design.

Functionally you'll still get great performance from either version, and if you do a less expensive 2 flipper kit now while they're still available and want to add a 3rd flipper cooler, the universal one will be available to add-on to either a universal or an original design, so you won't be left without options if you have the original design.

#4955 3 years ago

Sexiness

20210205_175600 (resized).jpg20210205_175600 (resized).jpg20210205_175603 (resized).jpg20210205_175603 (resized).jpg20210205_175608 (resized).jpg20210205_175608 (resized).jpg
#4956 3 years ago
20210205_181124 (resized).jpg20210205_181124 (resized).jpg20210205_181157 (resized).jpg20210205_181157 (resized).jpg20210205_181200 (resized).jpg20210205_181200 (resized).jpg20210205_181207 (resized).jpg20210205_181207 (resized).jpg
#4957 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Looks awesome...

#4958 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Thinking about it more, that would be a great use of the action button. Light it up green when you drain down to 1 ball in BO MB. You have 2-3 seconds to use the gem to restart your MB. If you use it, MB restarts, but the gem is now at risk. If you do not use it, no MB restart, but the gem is safe. That would be fantastic.

Brilliant idea about the choice to wager the soul gem....

Couple that with Lockness suggestions to improve the info on the trophy room and you’ve got a much improved AIQ game
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/87#post-6072563

I would like to think that stern software engineers are reading our posts for suggestions so I really hope they see this.

3b6e4639ceefc80a49740ddc111ac8aaa2992716 (resized).jpeg3b6e4639ceefc80a49740ddc111ac8aaa2992716 (resized).jpeg
#4959 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

Groo - When you set yours up let us know if Stern put the safety pin on the Cash Box or is the Cash Box just flopping around inside like mine was and others I've seen ? Stern can't even do that right !

The pin was in and box secure.

#4960 3 years ago

Mine was flopping around too! Found the pin in the back of the cab.

Quoted from TenaciousT:

#4961 3 years ago

What I'd like to see added for Thanos Attacks is if you win defending 2 gems your victory mb is 3 balls, if you defend 3 gems it's 4 balls etc. A bigger reward for a harder completion.

#4962 3 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

What I'd like to see added for Thanos Attacks is if you win defending 2 gems your victory mb is 3 balls, if you defend 3 gems it's 4 balls etc. A bigger reward for a harder completion.

Is it really a bigger reward? Not sure on AIQ, but at least on IM I find it way better just to have a 2 ball MB instead or more balls just hitting each other and going nowhere, making no shot at all until the balls all together just decide f#ck it, we're out of here....

#4963 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fair warning if you're considering a Tibetan Breeze kit that the Spike kit will change to the Spooky/JJP style universal design for the Spike kit brackets later this month. Since the change requires more hardware, including expensive 10-32 steel hex standoffs, the price will go up on the Spike TB kits to the level of the Spooky kits.
The advantage of this change is it will mean there's only one type of install that isn't left or right specific like the current Spike brackets which make it hard to do a 3 flipper kit because the 3rd flipper can be either left or right oriented, depending on the flipper placement. The universal bracket goes up from the end over the coil stop so it will work for tight situations like the 3rd flipper on Avengers that's too close to the edge of the playfield for the current bracket design.
Functionally you'll still get great performance from either version, and if you do a less expensive 2 flipper kit now while they're still available and want to add a 3rd flipper cooler, the universal one will be available to add-on to either a universal or an original design, so you won't be left without options if you have the original design.

Looks like my set is arriving today!

#4964 3 years ago

Which rubber part is this? Looking to add some color.
Thanks!

20210206_091911 (resized).jpg20210206_091911 (resized).jpg
#4965 3 years ago
Quoted from MarZ_78:

Warning:
Beating Thanos might generate an uncontrollable urge to high-five everyone in the house repeatedly, for longer than necessary. Residual high fives and saying "remember while I was beating Thanos and ..." may persist for 3-5 days after beating Thanos.
Warn nearby friends and family that high fives may unexpectedly occur to avoid accidents where someone is slapped in the forehead or to prevent an awkward "left hanging" sensation.
If you are allergic to adrenaline and high fives, beating Thanos might not be right for you.

Two thumbs up and high five.

#4966 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Looks like my set is arriving today!

Thank you for the update, vireland.

Mine is on it’s way from PBL. I think (hope) only the bottom flippers need cooling...I do find that the ramps become harder to make from the bottom flippers after about 45 minutes of play but the upper flipper shots stay consistent. I also got the quieter fan for the backbox...I was surprised at how loud it was!

Did anyone have any issues upgrading to the new code? It failed for me the first try, but was successful after I power-cycled. No issues so far....

#4967 3 years ago

From .98 code change log “ Black Order Multiball - added rule that if you extend the multiball with the Soul Gem you must get a Super Jackpot or the Soul Gem is lost to Thanos”

It seems that every time I get to BO MB with the soul gem, these guys take it even if I hit the Super Jackpot. On the last occasion I hit the super jackpot (rainbow color flashing Hawkeye inner loop) twice in the extended time.....and still lost the lost gem at the end. Does this happen to anyone else?

#4968 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

From .98 code change log “ Black Order Multiball - added rule that if you extend the multiball with the Soul Gem you must get a Super Jackpot or the Soul Gem is lost to Thanos”
It seems that every time I get to BO MB with the soul gem, these guys take it even if I hit the Super Jackpot. On the last occasion I hit the super jackpot (rainbow color flashing Hawkeye inner loop) twice in the extended time.....and still lost the lost gem at the end. Does this happen to anyone else?

This is from the "original" AIQ rulesheet on Stern's website - doesn't look like it has been updated to reflect the latest code, but I believe this is still correct from my experience for the Black Order Multiball...The Jackpot is the Hawkeye mini loop - Super Jackpot is at Captain America.

"Collecting jackpot on mini loop lights disc. Spin disc to light super jackpot at Captain America,
which is 5 million plus the value of all jackpots collected since your last Super and adds a ball
into play. This also unlights any jackpots you have lit, and resets all characters."

#4969 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Stern is sending me a new spinner disk kit for my pro. Anyone gotten theirs yet?
Is it really an improvement on it being level?
Easy to put in?
Thanks!

I got my bushing and put it in but it made no difference. The shaft on the sanctum disc itself is not straight. It's only slightly off but enough to put it out of whack. After swapping the bushings I kind of got a feel for how it works so I was able to lower the assembly slightly so that the disc is not sticking up over the playfield. Not perfect solution so will request a new sanctum disc as I didn't see how I could remove the shaft to make it straight. Put one game in after the fix and got my high score! Ball not launching in the air anymore off the disc.

#4970 3 years ago

Had an air-ball so impressive from hitting the Sanctom target last nice- it tapped the glass and jumped the flippers...

#4971 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

"Collecting jackpot on mini loop lights disc. Spin disc to light super jackpot at Captain America,
which is 5 million plus the value of all jackpots collected since your last Super and adds a ball
into play. This also unlights any jackpots you have lit, and resets all characters."

Oh I’ve been doing it wrong the whole time! Captain American is the super jackpot. Thanks for pointing that out awesome1

#4972 3 years ago

Does anyone know about the availability of the lighted shooter rod? I saw it promoted in the Stern AIQ Accessories Trailer but haven't seen it sold anywhere.

#4973 3 years ago

Anyone mod some custom music/call outs for the Prem/LE yet?

PM please. donation will apply

Looking for better music like AC/DC playing during Ironman multiball, etc.

#4974 3 years ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

Very nice. I will buy one. PM price and terms please.

#4975 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Thank you for the update, vireland.
Mine is on it’s way from PBL. I think (hope) only the bottom flippers need cooling...I do find that the ramps become harder to make from the bottom flippers after about 45 minutes of play but the upper flipper shots stay consistent. I also got the quieter fan for the backbox...I was surprised at how loud it was!
Did anyone have any issues upgrading to the new code? It failed for me the first try, but was successful after I power-cycled. No issues so far....

If you decide you need one for the upper flipper, the universal bracket can be added with an add-on kit and is compatible with the existing kit's connectors, so it's still plug n play.

Lots of things have improved since I started testing coil temps - I have temp probes that will go over 157F, and I have enough to test 3 and 4 flipper setups, so I can get a better read on all the flippers in a game when I test. At some point I'll go back and re-do the early ones where I didn't test the 3rd and 4th flippers and had a gauge that maxed out at 157F so I don't truly know what the temperature ceiling was. That's really academic, though, since if they were at 157F they were well into flipper fade by that point. HOW high they ended up is really just a point of interest (that I would like to know).

#4976 3 years ago
Quoted from toddmann:

Brilliant idea about the choice to wager the soul gem....
Couple that with lockness suggestions to improve the info on the trophy room and you’ve got a much improved AIQ game
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/87#post-6072563
I would like to think that stern software engineers are reading our posts for suggestions so I really hope they see this.
[quoted image]

This is exactly what I was thinking! I sure hope someone is listening!

#4977 3 years ago

shooter lane protector installed; .99 code installed. i'm ready to roll!

#4978 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If you decide you need one for the upper flipper, the universal bracket can be added with an add-on kit and is compatible with the existing kit's connectors, so it's still plug n play.
Lots of things have improved since I started testing coil temps - I have temp probes that will go over 157F, and I have enough to test 3 and 4 flipper setups, so I can get a better read on all the flippers in a game when I test. At some point I'll go back and re-do the early ones where I didn't test the 3rd and 4th flippers and had a gauge that maxed out at 157F so I don't truly know what the temperature ceiling was. That's really academic, though, since if they were at 157F they were well into flipper fade by that point. HOW high they ended up is really just a point of interest (that I would like to know).

So do the fans run the whole time while the machine is on? Just got.mine installed.

20210206_151653 (resized).jpg20210206_151653 (resized).jpg
#4979 3 years ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

So do the fans run the whole time while the machine is on? Just got.mine installed.
[quoted image]

Yes. They're very quiet (together they're just 3dB louder than the quiet fan kit for the Stern power supplies) and rated to last something like 7 years constantly running if you left the machine on 24/7. I had considered putting a thermal switch on them to turn on and off based on temperature, but that would have raised the cost more and in a home environment I guessed they'd be running a few hours a day on average so probably not worth it for most people.

#4980 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Yes. They're very quiet (together they're just 3dB louder than the quiet fan kit for the Stern power supplies) and rated to last something like 7 years constantly running if you left the machine on 24/7. I had considered putting a thermal switch on them to turn on and off based on temperature, but that would have raised the cost more and in a home environment I guessed they'd be running a few hours a day on average so probably not worth it for most people.

Or you could just have them switch on when a game starts, though I’m guessing that’s easier said than done.

#4981 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Or you could just have them switch on when a game starts, though I’m guessing that’s easier said than done.

Yeah, it can be done, but more parts is more cost. Trying to keep the price down. But once I get the Tibetan Breeze kits adapted for all the machines, I may go back and add a thermal switch option. I've made the kit modular so that option could be easily added to any kit after the fact.

#4982 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Quoted from PinMonk:

Yeah, it can be done, but more parts is more cost. Trying to keep the price down. But once I get the Tibetan Breeze kits adapted for all the machines, I may go back and add a thermal switch option. I've made the kit modular so that option could be easily added to any kit after the fact.

I have them installed on my AIQ and they really help during long games and marathon sessions.

If I play a different machine and come back to AIQ, I don't think there's any concern for getting the flipper coils "too cold" from them constantly running and I can't hear them at all.

#4983 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have them installed on my AIQ and they really help during long games and marathon sessions.
If I play a different machine and come back to AIQ, I don't think there's any concern for getting the flipper coils "too cold" from them constantly running and I can't hear them at all.

Can't hear mine at all either! Definitely see a difference..... Hitting the ramps alot better after a few good games.
I'm gonna have to get better or just buy and bunch and keep them on hand haha.
Anyone else as bad as I am and beating up the tip of the top flipper rubber?

20210206_183719 (resized).jpg20210206_183719 (resized).jpg
#4984 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

Yeah, it can't blow air colder than the ambient temperature of the room, so it will stabilize the coils to the room temperature if not being played. It just does it much faster than without fans - a few minutes at most with the fans.

#4985 3 years ago

is that a flipper superband?! wow.

#4986 3 years ago

why on god's green earth didn't he put a post in front like JP? blows my mind.

#4987 3 years ago
Quoted from xyntec:

Is it really a bigger reward? Not sure on AIQ, but at least on IM I find it way better just to have a 2 ball MB instead or more balls just hitting each other and going nowhere, making no shot at all until the balls all together just decide f#ck it, we're out of here....

Shots in victory mb are multiplied by number of balls in play. More balls = bigger points

#4988 3 years ago

You can rotate the flipper rubber slightly every few hundred games to make them last longer.

Quoted from bossk4hire:

Can't hear mine at all either! Definitely see a difference..... Hitting the ramps alot better after a few good games.
I'm gonna have to get better or just buy and bunch and keep them on hand haha.
Anyone else as bad as I am and beating up the tip of the top flipper rubber?[quoted image]

#4989 3 years ago
252366E2-94A8-4C0B-A9B7-AF459786303D (resized).jpeg252366E2-94A8-4C0B-A9B7-AF459786303D (resized).jpegC7091C01-6990-4DF3-8641-4C93CB365662 (resized).jpegC7091C01-6990-4DF3-8641-4C93CB365662 (resized).jpegE3BF2C3F-8AF6-476F-9E09-C0E602F184DF (resized).jpegE3BF2C3F-8AF6-476F-9E09-C0E602F184DF (resized).jpeg
#4990 3 years ago

Can someone give me some approximate dimensions of the glove that is in the Premium? Has anyone 3d printed or molded a better one?

Quoted from PiperPinball:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I like your black panther and iron man, what figures did you use/where do I buy them? Actually any figures you added, it all looks awesome!

#4991 3 years ago
Quoted from GeekedOnPinball:

Can someone give me some approximate dimensions of the glove that is in the Premium? Has anyone 3d printed or molded a better one?

Approx 146mm high at the middle knuckle x 97mm wide at the fist, thumb to pinky finger.

#4992 3 years ago
Quoted from awesome1:

I have them installed too, and they really help. My coils where fading extremely after 30min, no need for marathon sessions.

Easy to install, so thank you Pin Monk.

I made this little help sheet. Its compact, but may do the work.

Infinity Stones (resized).jpgInfinity Stones (resized).jpg
#4993 3 years ago

That is awesome! Nice work. Space gem text cut off at end?

#4994 3 years ago

Mass production is in full effect

20210207_095504 (resized).jpg20210207_095504 (resized).jpg
#4995 3 years ago

Added small pico leds to Thanos glove and used the same wiring to connect to the game. Hard to see the leds in this picture because my phone camera is making the colors bleed.

The figures I got on Ebay. Hallmark Ornaments, make sure to confirm size. The newer ones are way to small.

Also brass plated the CM ramp. Seems to make the ball travel alot smoother. And power coated all the other ramps in the game to make them blend in better!

The LED T-molding mod is all interactive. Lock the ball on IronMan ramp and the left side turns red for 3 sec. Make then right ramp and the right side turns blue for 3 sec.
Finally when the portal opens both turn on orange for 3 sec!

517BDC51-CBFA-42F7-A478-AA2E2DE36FE3 (resized).jpeg517BDC51-CBFA-42F7-A478-AA2E2DE36FE3 (resized).jpegFE54CD39-112B-4AA6-9B4D-9CE133A9BA65 (resized).jpegFE54CD39-112B-4AA6-9B4D-9CE133A9BA65 (resized).jpeg
#4996 3 years ago

Awesome machine! How did you color your wire forms? I have access to Cerakote and was thinking that might do the trick.

#4997 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballHaven:

That is awesome! Nice work. Space gem text cut off at end?

yeah, intentionally it was just a cheat sheet for myself, didn't need all the info.

#4998 3 years ago

Added small pico leds to Thanos glove and used the same wiring to connect to the game. Hard to see the leds in this picture because my phone camera is making the colors bleed.
The figures I got on Ebay. Hallmark Ornaments, make sure to confirm size. The newer ones are way to small.
Also brass plated the CM ramp. Seems to make the ball travel alot smoother. And power coated all the other ramps in the game to make them blend in better!
The LED T-molding mod is all interactive. Lock the ball on IronMan ramp and the left side turns red for 3 sec. Make then right ramp and the right side turns blue for 3 sec.
Finally when the portal opens both turn on orange for 3 sec![quoted image][quoted image]

That looks amazing! Are you going to sell these?

#4999 3 years ago

Anyone spotted the offical stern shooter rod for sale ?

#5000 3 years ago

I don't currently own the game but have been watching the thread since it's launch and it is definitely on my radar. But I have to say that this is the most complete and beautiful looking one I've seen. The Thanos is a work of art and looks so much better that the plastic glove it fits perfectly in the game. This is what it should have come from the factory like. I'm sure if you sell these mods you will have them flying out of your door. Well done Sir and congrats on a beautiful game

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 749.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 6,500.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 120.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 16.00
$ 19.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Trade
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Glendora, CA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Little Rock, AR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 12,777 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 256.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-thread-pinsiders-assemble/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.