• They're all puny and weak. I like Thanos!! 29 votes
    25%

(117 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9278 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpg
Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and
fe02e6d86 (resized).jpg
4C2E4BEF-37C9-4E5F-9C3C-5EA72623BA38 (resized).jpeg
15926 (resized).jpeg
45E452AD-4515-4A94-B966-EAC5D6F98E30 (resized).jpeg
42B27E27-4D5B-4EF5-A5F8-FF2B7EEF0496 (resized).jpeg
20E490B8-C45F-4285-994F-65946FD5DDB8 (resized).jpeg
69B230BC-6938-44B5-94A9-35F9A342167E.png
rps20200908_145138 (resized).jpg
rps20200908_145228 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200908-081858_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_9252 (resized).JPG
ffa46a963aac7a1b72c1e808cd050a72b95068e3.gif.gif
aa6efd9d5a2f452d5f434841c7c98c6d74354c29.gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#94 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Zach (flip n out pinball) also said something interesting regarding production. He said they were told that Stern wants to focus on getting the LE models out faster on this game. So, they're making only enough pro models to get about 1 unit to each dealer, then going all out on LE production. Once LEs are done, switching back to Pro and getting the bulk of those made before finally doing the premiums. He said LEs could be shipping as early as late this month!

I am really curious to see how these three models vary in print quality as well as clearcoating. I hope for once they stay all fairly similar in quality, and that quality is high!

#132 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

What kind of issues did You have with one of your Stern games? Curious.

The issues I saw with countless on THIS forum. Too thin, too gunky, artwork removed, artwork seeming of poor print quality, etc.

I was trying to make a point of positivity. No need to throw shade towards me as a non owner.

Never was at the Battle of Marathon. Wasn't alive back, doesn't mean I can't accrue knowledge of it because I wasn't there. Just because we don't experience everything first hand, doesn't translate to us not having possible concerns or input. Yeesh.

#139 3 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Sorry just seemed like casting stones. If I start a thread to say burgers suck I don't expect anyone to boycot McDonalds.... As I recall you "posted" many issues with your JJP and API games which I see as value granted they didn't apply to me or others as a majority. Can't speak for your Bla about Battle of Marathon as it has no value to the point??

I'm really hopeful issues do NOT exist, as I'd like to definitely consider a Stern at some point. Secondarily, I have lightly bounced in and out of the TMNT thread, and issues seem rampant, hence me head scratching why so many people leap immediately at a new game from Stern.

I didn't start a thread to say Stern sucks though. And I have mixed feelings about Stern, as I do API, JJP, P3, etc. Kinda healthy to not be all in or all out on a company, for me anyway.

Since you're counting Dave. I had one issue with Houdini. Had no significant issues with the Hobbit, and had many nagging/reoccurring issues with Pirates. It's been a mixed bag, which is definitely pinball it seems. The MAJOR issue I've had, was the clearcoat on POTC. Also, why I posted what I did.

Battle of Marathon is an analogy for me not having to directly experience something to have thoughts/opinions on it.

Anyway.........

#148 3 years ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

*holds nose and jumps in for some reason* My two cents: I think it's good for people to post about their experience if they have an issue with something. That gets information out there for people to be aware of and keep in mind.
But when I read about someone else's issues with a game, I have no idea what percentage of people have that issue (could be one or it could be a lot) or whether or not it ended up being resolved or if there's a process happening to try to resolve it. I'm grateful for the person posting their experience so it can give a heads up and provide information to keep in mind.
But, to me, it seems like for me read about something and then start casting generalizations about it when I haven't experienced an issue myself, I don't know how pervasive the issue is, and I don't know whether or not it was resolved or in the process of getting resolved just seems a bit of a step too far because all that does is essentially add to the reports of an issue when another data point of the issue happening hasn't actually occured. Again, just my thinking on it. Now back to Avengers!!!!

I think I agree with you, still going over your ideas some though.

My issue has been reading and witnessing many issues with TMNT, JP2 last year, and ST seemed to have some issues initially, but other than clearcoat ones.

When everyone wants to buy and buy, and no one is wondering just a bit IF prior issues will exist again, well...that's when manufacturers REALLY don't have to give a shit. That being said, ideally I'm a potential customer for all manufacturers, so for me personally, that's a bad trend to see.

#156 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

That sounds pretty complicated....lol. Maybe it will be more intuitive once we've actually got the machine in front of us. I already have 1 machine I can't totally figure out ( JP ) lol

Sounds more straightforward than JP2, and I feel kinda confused when having that gameplay explained to me. Sounds more accessible and straight forward for sure, especially for collecting characters.

#281 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That does look awesome but I wonder why they decided to use a different style for the characters on the LCD vs how they are shown on the playfield. I like playfield the versions that are more comic like, i.e. more "spandex-y" like vs "armor-y".[quoted image][quoted image]

I'm assuming that's not ZY's art......

#400 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

In what way? From a rules and layout standpoint, it’s 10 steps forward imo.

Definitely looks complex rules wise, but man I already miss the direction that JP2 had. I suck at that game still, but when I've watched players have good games, (Karl IE Pinball) there feels like a distinct branching path that ties mode goals together in a way I really, really appreciate.

So far for this game, battles seem detached, direction seems aimless, and well that weird focus, (at least visually as it seems to be the main screen) on trophies feels literally alien to whatever direction this game might be heading towards. It just doesn't feel like there IS a direction/narrative.

The shots, made by amazing players, look incredibly fun, and I'm definitely excited to shoot it, it's just nothing feels connected at this point.

#421 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So they geeked out about the trophies a lot, but it’s been said MANY times it’s not the main focus. They are like tomb awards in maiden and fossils in JP.
The main focus are the gem quests. Think paddocks. And battle Thanos is visitor center.
The grid targets are like the control room modes.
Collecting the avengers are like the power modes in maiden with those 2 wizard modes being like cyborg MB from maiden.
Sprinkle in a lot of other side stuff to do like leveling up avengers, making gem quests into MBs, placing gems around the playfield, you have avengers.

I understand and have read that, but my issue there is they seem to be an integral part of the main GUI. Initially I thought that area is where Avengers would stand, once collected, but instead it's a trophy case that's prominently on display, that whenever modes cycle through, it returns to that backdrop.

I'd understand it more if that trophy case was featured either at the end of the game, or by holding the flipper to access game info. This....is why I feel people have mentioned it multiple times.

#437 3 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Not sure why the trophies being...er...trophies is causing annoyance. It's a video game thing. Most modern games let you earn trophies, even in games where a "trophy" would make no thematic sense. Been like this for many years. They are just following suit here. I think it's a great idea.

Because it makes ZERO sense context wise. And it's visually a focal point. (I think one is the Gauntlet, which makes sense. That was collected when Raymond ripped the shit out of those loops. Crazy skill!)

When I first saw them, I wondered if Stern was implementing an achievement/trophy system across their games. That...would be following suit.

Sony's trophies followed achievements by Microsoft. The concept makes some sense as a system wide bragging/incentive system, in an ONLINE user based ecosystem.

#440 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

Makes ZERO sense you being in the owners thread

What a weird existence to be only all in on ideas or all out. I like a lot of what I see in the game so far, and this and any form ideally exist for....uuuuh, discussion?

Who says I'm not a potential owner? Keith's game all seem really worth buying, and frankly the idea of Pro ownership seems far more likely for me than the other brands presently.

Also, this thread temporarily was downgraded to a hype thread, and if a bit peculiar a small bit of criticism from someone you don't even know regarding a game you might own ruins enjoyment for you. As an owner of a Houdini game, I definitely understand people's criticism, and it doesn't at all affect what I do value in that game.

#442 3 years ago
Quoted from Parzival:

I did come out a little feisty, my apologies

It's cool, I do appreciate that!

I get that people putting out bigass money don't want that idea in doubt or incessantly shat upon, hence the Owner's Club's. Unfortunately I'm the type of person that's critical with all my purchases, which are all pretty ridiculous.

I'm more excited to shoot this than even JP2, and Maiden! Though I still keep wondering if I should buy a Pro JP2......but if this Captain Marvel ramp is interrupting flow, possibly, maybe the Pro with a spinner there might be a better choice...? We shall see, tomorrow!

(And I am far, far, FAR more irked at Houdini's LCD work than this or any Stern game.)

#459 3 years ago

Excellent stream today DeadFlip !

You two provided a great balance of back and forth banter, combined with basic rules instruction of the game AND pinball!

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Streams seemed great, game looks awesome.
I'm curious how much polish we'll get in the light show department though, at risk of jumping on the nitpicking bandwagon. If I had a critique in its current state, its that I felt the light show needed some beefing up - a lot of the completed shots didn't give me that jackpot payoff feeling. Nor was there often a huge "hurry and shoot here" build up. Some stuff like the gammaray spinner mode looked great though. Here's to more in that department.
Thumbs up on a Pro for me though most likely. I think my MET Pro is going up on the chopping block...

This is a massive issue I have with lots of games, pausing gameplay to create tension, and the inevitable explosion of then playing a mode, often multiball.

I love the up post on the inlane on JP2, when it locks in and pauses, though a bit long. I feel like light shows can often be added in those moments, along with building audio, callouts, and neato onscreen animations. So far, I don't see that in this game, though the Bruce/Hulk eye animation is a form of that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Sarasota, FL
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
London, ON
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Martinsburg, WV
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 19.00
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 16.00
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-club-pinsiders-assemble-?tu=wesman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.