• They're all puny and weak. I like Thanos!! 29 votes
    25%

(117 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9278 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpg
Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and
fe02e6d86 (resized).jpg
4C2E4BEF-37C9-4E5F-9C3C-5EA72623BA38 (resized).jpeg
15926 (resized).jpeg
45E452AD-4515-4A94-B966-EAC5D6F98E30 (resized).jpeg
42B27E27-4D5B-4EF5-A5F8-FF2B7EEF0496 (resized).jpeg
20E490B8-C45F-4285-994F-65946FD5DDB8 (resized).jpeg
69B230BC-6938-44B5-94A9-35F9A342167E.png
rps20200908_145138 (resized).jpg
rps20200908_145228 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200908-081858_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_9252 (resized).JPG
ffa46a963aac7a1b72c1e808cd050a72b95068e3.gif.gif
aa6efd9d5a2f452d5f434841c7c98c6d74354c29.gif.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

In before the lock!

In and psyched for it! They can lock us but they can't hold us forever (maybe)!!!

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from PaulCoff:

Is this an LE, PREM, or PRO owners club? Please be certain. I need to know the distinction between all the other Avengers threads.

All for one, and one for all! Oops, wrong theme motto.

Below the thread title under "Linked Games" it shows all three models linked to this thread. Not enough variation between the models to need multiple club threads. And even if there were, well, let's just say it's a bit cumbersome to have club threads for different models in the JP2 land so one club should be good.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

hey Eagle, happy to see you here in the AIQ-Thread again and hoping for some good inpult like on JP2, im in too
premium of course, that right ramp has to feel like an orgasm when hitting it mmmmhh
i am happy there is just one dangerous target in the upper PF in the middle, there are only hard rubber posts left, not like on punishing TMNT. also not much going on on the lower PF, this means less left to right action, yay! I wonder if the post of the spinning disc can block the middle ramp shot from the upper flipper

Should be fun to explore this game with everyone! Lol, it seems like there might be less obvious danger than JP2, but I'm guessing it's got plenty of trouble spots for me to find... frequently.

Looks like the post on the spinner can definitely block the shot through the pops to the left of the middle ramp. Seems like there's a chance it could also slightly be in way of the left edge of the middle ramp from the left flipper also. Looking forward to finding it all out!

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from Jkaping:

AIQ premium ordered! Also in for a topper!!!

Have they listed any info on how tall the topper is?

#147 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

The issues I saw with countless on THIS forum. Too thin, too gunky, artwork removed, artwork seeming of poor print quality, etc.
I was trying to make a point of positivity. No need to throw shade towards me as a non owner.
Never was at the Battle of Marathon. Wasn't alive back, doesn't mean I can't accrue knowledge of it because I wasn't there. Just because we don't experience everything first hand, doesn't translate to us not having possible concerns or input. Yeesh.

*holds nose and jumps in for some reason* My two cents: I think it's good for people to post about their experience if they have an issue with something. That gets information out there for people to be aware of and keep in mind.

But when I read about someone else's issues with a game, I have no idea what percentage of people have that issue (could be one or it could be a lot) or whether or not it ended up being resolved or if there's a process happening to try to resolve it. I'm grateful for the person posting their experience so it can give a heads up and provide information to keep in mind.

But, to me, it seems like for me read about something and then start casting generalizations about it when I haven't experienced an issue myself, I don't know how pervasive the issue is, and I don't know whether or not it was resolved or in the process of getting resolved just seems a bit of a step too far because all that does is essentially add to the reports of an issue when another data point of the issue happening hasn't actually occured. Put another way, I guess I don't think of someone else's experience as my story to tell. Again, just my thinking on it. Now back to Avengers!!!!

#150 3 years ago
Quoted from pin2d:

AVENGERS: INFINITY QUEST DEEP DIVE! In Depth Overview of the Machine, Features, Rules, and Much More!
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/avengers-infinity-quest-pinball-deep-dive-in-depth-overview-of-the-machine-features-rules-and-more/[quoted image]

Great overview! Look like a ton of fun stuff to go for. Can't wait for the reveal stream Wednesday.

#188 3 years ago

I've started thinking about flipper rubber color on this game. What do people think will look good? The Stern pictures are showing white bats with black rubber. Seems like the yellow bats they used on EHOH, TMNT, and JP2 might have looked good on this one but the white seems good too. I'm thinking maybe blue rubber is going to look better than black though. Decisions, decisions...

#218 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

First (and likely cheapest!) mod arrived for the incoming LE[quoted image]

Nice! I'm definitely curious to find out how this ends up looking on it and how easy installation is. I'm much not into mods, but I'd consider doing this. I think yellow molding on each side of the backglass would look good.

#249 3 years ago

I think the JJP forum threads have room available in them. Just down the hall and to your left

#259 3 years ago

Only 26 hrs and 22 minutes until the reveal stream. Not that I'm counting or anything.

#270 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

I'm not a very good player to start off with, but they're 3 shots that are scaring me on this game, haha.
Hard
1. Through the pop bumpers loop - Captain America shot - although rules say to qualify Cap it will be pop bumper hits so I don't know what is needed for the actual shot
2. Into the pop bumpers shot that is only accessible from the top flipper and to the right of the Gem ramp - looks very tight; or a lightly plunged/hit ball through the Black Panther orbit that trickles down into the pops
Medium
3. Stark Tower - looks the easiest of the 3

I'm thinking the same thing with the shot through the pops and how to get to the pops. Those might be pretty tough. Through the pops looks tight already and it looks like it can be blocked by the spinner post. Would be neat if they had a magnet somewhere that could through you into the pops, but I'm guessing there isn't one.

#294 3 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

So, will this be changed back to the owners thread once games start shipping shortly? I assume a moderator stepped in. Technically, they've shipped at least 1. Deadflip will be streaming it tomorrow.

Maybe when one ships you can post a message here to moderators to have it switched back to the club thread?

#315 3 years ago

A couple accessories have arrived. Now just need the machine here to put them on!

42B27E27-4D5B-4EF5-A5F8-FF2B7EEF0496 (resized).jpeg42B27E27-4D5B-4EF5-A5F8-FF2B7EEF0496 (resized).jpeg45E452AD-4515-4A94-B966-EAC5D6F98E30 (resized).jpeg45E452AD-4515-4A94-B966-EAC5D6F98E30 (resized).jpeg
#317 3 years ago

I like that keychain! Where did that come from?

Lol, where everything comes from. Some little store called Amazon

#368 3 years ago
Quoted from RikV:

Did anyone catch the answer to this...”how do you lose a gem battle besides draining?”
I asked this in the chat, but didn’t catch the answer, if there was one. Is it simply timed? I was thinking it would be cool if the small stand-ups would work against you. I don’t think I ever saw an avenger get hit by an enemy weapon.

I think I recall them confirming the only way to lose a gem battle is to drain.

#369 3 years ago

It's tough to feel amazed by something when expectations going in are sky high. I had big expectations going into the stream and I came away thinking it looks like a ton of fun and I can't wait to get it in the house. Seems like it can be played as simply or as complex as you want it to be and it'll be fun either way.

I was really happy with what I saw. I liked the art, animations, callouts, and music. I thought it looked like a lot of fun to shoot from ramp to ramp, and also repeating the middle ramp from the upper flipper. Had some fun stuff in the scoring like the gamma ray, Hawkeye challenge, computer grid, and placing & moving the gems to certain shots. Also neat features to get shots spotted and some risk/reward in building big multipliers or cashing out.

Seems like there will be lot to explore for varieties in strategy in the rules, and to me that keeps it interesting to have in the house.

#386 3 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Maybe the Pro stream on Friday will be more assuring ? Something felt a little off - the vibe wasn't there. Usually I watch a full stream. I couldn't do it tonight.
Interested to see the next stream when they do the Pro. This might be one where you have to get your hands on the game to get excited about it.

I think it can be hard to feel really into a game when you're trying to figure out what all the rules are. I'm guessing that as there are more streams of the game and the rules get explained more it'll feel different watching the game.

For me looking at the first stream I just make peace with the fact I don't understand all the rules yet, and I just focus on whether or not the game looks good & sounds good and looks like a fun design to shoot. I thought it looked like a lot of fun to shoot and I thought it looks & sounds great too. Hearing their discussion of all the different modes and rules and ways to place the gems, etc, etc gave me confidence there will be a lot to learn and explore in the game.

I'm seeing some comments being posted about it seeming clunky and I really didn't get that impression at all. Even the best pinball players don't hit every shot, and it didn't seem like good solid shots were getting rejected.

I really think expectations going into a movie, concert, or any performance can affect a person's rating of it. It's tough for something to live up to big expectations. For me, it seemed like expectations for this one were huge (rightfully so) and I didn't feel let down.

#408 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Now you’re speaking our language!
What exactly do gems do when you place them? And it looks like you can place a gem at one shot and a different kind of gem on another shot. And if you don’t like where they’re at, you can move them when you hit the scoop?

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Was there anywhere in the UI that said what each gem does? I thought it might be nice if on the Gem Quest selection screen it says what each gem does.

For Jurassic Park they issued rules guides that described the perks of all the dinosaurs, and the perk for the paddock you're about to go into is onscreen when it's selected and all the perks you have are listed onscreen also. I don't know for sure of course, but I'd would think they will do something similar for the gems in this game.

And yes, they were moving gems around but I don't know what the rules are around what can be moved and when. Again, I'd guess they'll release some rules guides similar to what they did for Jurassic Park.

#411 3 years ago

Honest question because I don't know the answer: With so many posts about how complicated this game seems, have there been many pinball games where the rules ended up really being too complicated to understand if you looked them up and played more than a few games on them?

I've only played Star Wars a few times and I hadn't reviewed the rules so I didn't understand moving the multipliers and some other nuances to the game but still had fun shooting it just going for normal modes, etc. And other people playing Star Wars who did understand the rules didn't seem overwhelmed by them.

I'm thinking this might be a similar type of situation where a person can have fun playing with or without knowing all the nuances of the rules, but it just brought to mind a question of whether or not complexity of rules has ever truly ended up being a downside to a game in the past.

#414 3 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

This is why we didn't go into tremendous detail. We need to polish up the gem perks but here is the rundown...
On computer grid drop targets-
Mind gem lets you select which award you want with the action button
Reality gem hit 2/3 drop targets to collect award
Power gem collects current flashing award plus spots another
Time gem adds time to computer modes and ball savers
Soul gem collects soul gem jackpot
Space gem the action button rotates the gems to different locations
For the rest of the shots
Mind gem- use your mind to collect the shot (action button)
Reality gem- shot multiplier
Time gem adds time to computer modes and ball savers
Soul gem collects soul gem jackpot
Space gem the action button rotates the gems to different locations
Depending on how leveled up the avenger that is holding the gem also effect these perks but I will get into that on the next stream.
Again this is all frosting on the cake and has nothing to do with game progression. Simply playing the quests leads you on the path to Thanos. But needless to say the more gems you possess the easier it is to defeat him.

Wow! I can't wait to start playing with all this. Should make for a lot of interesting strategies to play. Thanks for your posts today on Pinside @sk8ball!!!

#419 3 years ago
Quoted from donkadelic:

New Stern is released (elvira)...."rules are unfinished, definitely not complex enough, wont wanna keep it in your collection"
New Stern is released (avengers)..."way too complicated, hard to figure out, my family thinks its complicated (who cares)"
etc.
its elwin, and in covid days most are purchasing for home use now, dont you want a deep/complicated game when you're spending 5.5k+ on a toy? jp rules are perfect for a home machine imo, super complex and impossible to master. big reason im in on this one.

Lol, "it's too boring" vs. "it's not boring enough"

#423 3 years ago

Reading people's comments, and especially the comments from Keith, are slowly starting to help me understand more about the rules on the game. I think I was just a little bit taken aback when I watched the stream and heard all the rules being presented In such a rapid format verbally At one time. I'm sure the upcoming additional streaming sessions will help clear up the rules even more. Fingers crossed.

Bottom line though is don't worry about what opinions are here, just get whatever game appeals to you the most. I was just about to pull the trigger on either MBr or EHOH because I thought having a two flipper game that's a bit more straightforward in the lineup would be a nice change of pace, so I totally get where you're coming from. But then Avengers was announced and I quickly reconsidered Gotta just go with what feels good to you though.

#429 3 years ago
Quoted from snowy_owl:

Did anyone notice that the magnetic lock tower never held the ball as a physical lock? Will this be changed in the code, or is it in the settings? Apologies if this has already been addressed. I haven't read through all of the 100+ new posts.

I don't think it's designed to lock balls there. On the stream I think they said the longest it holds it is 15 seconds.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 16.00
7,899 (OBO)
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Modesto, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider EaglePin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-club-pinsiders-assemble-?tu=EaglePin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.