• They're all puny and weak. I like Thanos!! 29 votes
    25%

(117 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9278 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpg
Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and
fe02e6d86 (resized).jpg
4C2E4BEF-37C9-4E5F-9C3C-5EA72623BA38 (resized).jpeg
15926 (resized).jpeg
45E452AD-4515-4A94-B966-EAC5D6F98E30 (resized).jpeg
42B27E27-4D5B-4EF5-A5F8-FF2B7EEF0496 (resized).jpeg
20E490B8-C45F-4285-994F-65946FD5DDB8 (resized).jpeg
69B230BC-6938-44B5-94A9-35F9A342167E.png
rps20200908_145138 (resized).jpg
rps20200908_145228 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200908-081858_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_9252 (resized).JPG
ffa46a963aac7a1b72c1e808cd050a72b95068e3.gif.gif
aa6efd9d5a2f452d5f434841c7c98c6d74354c29.gif.gif
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.
#451 3 years ago

watch it later.

Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Well, crap. I'll be at work

#452 3 years ago

Real problem-solver right here... Hope that's on your resume!

#453 3 years ago

Well, crap. I'll be at work

Sounds good for me!

#454 3 years ago

I would like to hear more about the vari-target. It's seems different than the old school EM variety. Is it a pressure sensor? How does it work with the game rules? I guess they're saving that for later discussion. I'll stay tuned.

#455 3 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

I would like to hear more about the vari-target. It's seems different than the old school EM variety. Is it a pressure sensor? How does it work with the game rules? I guess they're saving that for later discussion. I'll stay tuned.

oups! Missed the vari target? Where is it please?

#456 3 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

oups! Missed the vari target? Where is it please?

The Avengers Tower is the vari target. It has 3 optos and if you hit the last opto, it holds the ball a few seconds. If that shot was lit for some mode, the further up you get on the tower, the higher the value is, based on what I was hearing on stream.

#457 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

The Avengers Tower is the vari target. It has 3 optos and if you hit the last opto, it holds the ball a few seconds. If that shot was lit for some mode, the further up you get on the tower, the higher the value is, based on what I was hearing on stream.

Thanks.
Then Looks like a bit as GB pro. I really loved this right ramp.

#458 3 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

Cool, I completely missed that!

#459 3 years ago

Excellent stream today DeadFlip !

You two provided a great balance of back and forth banter, combined with basic rules instruction of the game AND pinball!

#460 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Excellent stream today deadflip !
You two provided a great balance of back and forth banter, combined with basic rules instruction of the game AND pinball!

Was at work until now, gonna have to catch it on YT.

Can't wait to see it.

#461 3 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Was at work until now, gonna have to catch it on YT.
Can't wait to see it.

Havnt had a chance to watch it yet. Sounds like everyone was pretty pleased

#464 3 years ago

Agreed, the stream tonight was great. DeadFlip you were professional yet let you great personality shine through. I’m still pretty new to this hobby but know that you are the glue holding this together in the internet age, well done sir and keep up the good work. Can’t wait to watch your solo stream of the LE!!

#465 3 years ago

Me after today’s stream.

Just-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-andJust-When-I-Think-You-Couldnt-Possibly-Be-Any-Dumber-You-Go-and-Do-Something-Like-This..-and-Totally-Redeem-Yourself-In-Dumb-and
#466 3 years ago

Just watched the stream.
Great job DeadFlip
New viewers and seasoned players would of got a lot of valuable info.
Great display of the pro.
Keep up the good work.

#467 3 years ago

Don’t know if anyone else has done so, but just rewatched the Premium/LE stream (after the Pro stream) - what a difference watching it a second time. Was way way more enjoyable to watch the second time as I start to understand what it was I was watching.

#468 3 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Don’t know if anyone else has done so, but just rewatched the Premium/LE stream (after the Pro stream) - what a difference watching it a second time. Was way way more enjoyable to watch the second time as I start to understand what it was I was watching.

I did go back and watch about 20 minutes of it. Just random point in the middle, and yes, it made much more sense

#469 3 years ago

Streams seemed great, game looks awesome.

I'm curious how much polish we'll get in the light show department though, at risk of jumping on the nitpicking bandwagon. If I had a critique in its current state, its that I felt the light show needed some beefing up - a lot of the completed shots didn't give me that jackpot payoff feeling. Nor was there often a huge "hurry and shoot here" build up. Some stuff like the gammaray spinner mode looked great though. Here's to more in that department.

Thumbs up on a Pro for me though most likely. I think my MET Pro is going up on the chopping block...

#470 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

I'm curious how much polish we'll get in the light show department though, at risk of jumping on the nitpicking bandwagon. If I had a critique in its current state, its that I felt the light show needed some beefing up - a lot of the completed shots didn't give me that jackpot payoff feeling. Nor was there often a huge "hurry and shoot here" build up. Some stuff like the gammaray spinner mode looked great though. Here's to more in that department.
Thumbs up on a Pro for me though most likely. I think my MET Pro is going up on the chopping block...

This is a massive issue I have with lots of games, pausing gameplay to create tension, and the inevitable explosion of then playing a mode, often multiball.

I love the up post on the inlane on JP2, when it locks in and pauses, though a bit long. I feel like light shows can often be added in those moments, along with building audio, callouts, and neato onscreen animations. So far, I don't see that in this game, though the Bruce/Hulk eye animation is a form of that.

#471 3 years ago

Does anyone know rough dates on when these will start being available?

I know LE runs are first, then pros, then Premium.

My distro just said September release, but I imagine we’ll be looking at November/Early December for Premiums, especially in Canada.

#472 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

My distro just said September release, but I imagine we’ll be looking at November/Early December for Premiums, especially in Canada.

They're running a super small run of Pros to get out to distributors, then LEs, then back to Premiums and Pros.

I have my deposit in for a Pro, and was told it's looking like late October for me.

#473 3 years ago
Quoted from PinKopf:

Keep in mind the amount of light blasted on these games on stream will mute light shows.

#474 3 years ago
Quoted from Soulstoner:

I ordered a premium and I was mid to late October. I’m hoping some people dropped out so it’ll be even sooner.

#475 3 years ago
Quoted from wesman:

Because it makes ZERO sense context wise. And it's visually a focal point. (I think one is the Gauntlet, which makes sense. That was collected when Raymond ripped the shit out of those loops. Crazy skill!)
When I first saw them, I wondered if Stern was implementing an achievement/trophy system across their games. That...would be following suit.
Sony's trophies followed achievements by Microsoft. The concept makes some sense as a system wide bragging/incentive system, in an ONLINE user based ecosystem.

Well... with online coming...

#476 3 years ago

Any LE owners get an updated shipping date from their distributors yet?

#477 3 years ago

Any LE owners get an updated shipping date from their distributors yet?

Message was the same - “shipping in a couple weeks.”

#478 3 years ago

Prepping for my LE delivery by better understanding the backstory to this game.

I can heartily recommend the Kindle version of the Infinity Gauntlet written by Jim Starlin ($3.99 Kindle DL)
I was able to read all 6 editions in just a few hours and all at one sitting
If this was the story that the game derives much of its structure, then it's no surprise that it strikes a more "serious" and sometimes dire tone. The comic certainly did
Heck, it was a story about the end of the universe and with little hope of stopping it.

Great story and read!
Screenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200914-193907_Chrome (resized).jpg

To celebrate Starlins writing ...
I got this signed Gauntlet to display next to the game!

-
IMG_9278 (resized).JPGIMG_9278 (resized).JPG

#479 3 years ago

Finally got the green light from the moderators on an owners thread. Had to create a new one though

#480 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

I can heartily recommend the Kindle version of the Infinity Gauntlet written by Jim Starlin ($3.99 Kindle DL)

Was going to download. $14.99 in Canada. So about 3 times as much even taking exchange into account. Guess it costs extra to ship bytes across the border.

#481 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Was going to download. $14.99 in Canada. So about 3 times as much even taking exchange into account. Guess it costs extra to ship bytes across the border.

That's nuts. Wonder if has to do with licensing?
For a few more bucks here, you can buy the paperback!

#482 3 years ago
Quoted from MT45:

That's nuts. Wonder if has to do with licensing?
For a few more bucks here, you can buy the paperback!

Don't think so, says the price has been set by the publisher (Marvel Worldwide). Just Canadians getting shafted. Companies have been doing it for years. Which is why I get the giggles when people in the US complain about shipping costs and stuff. They have no idea

#483 3 years ago

MT45 So why is it a Right hand Gauntlet - signed - globe ???

#484 3 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Don't think so, says the price has been set by the publisher (Marvel Worldwide). Just Canadians getting shafted. Companies have been doing it for years. Which is why I get the giggles when people in the US complain about shipping costs and stuff. They have no idea

To be fair, shipping within the USA (especially frieght) is considerably more expensive than within Canada.

This is not say we don't get the shaft on many other things.

#485 3 years ago
Quoted from TenaciousT:

MT45 So why is it a Right hand Gauntlet - signed - globe ???

Great question on why they chose to create it as right handed? Not sure
Globe is a spelling error ... should read "glove"

The item is actually a coin bank

#486 3 years ago

Finally got the green light from the moderators on an owners thread. Had to create a new one though

Another thread?! Seriously?

#487 3 years ago

Can we just do one owners club thread? Ridiculous starting all these club threads over and over.

#488 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Can we just do one owners club thread? Ridiculous starting all these club threads over and over.

I only see one club thread.

#489 3 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Yeah, just let this thread die. The moderators made this a hype thread. The actual official Owners Club thread is now approved and open. Owners can move on over there.

6 months later
#490 3 years ago

anyone have an issue with balls falling off the wire form that is fed from auto plunger or shooting black panther shot? Balls fall off wire form sometimes in the middle of play field on its way to returning to right flipper. Similar when you shoot bear kick ramp on taf and upon its return to right flipper ball falls off the wire form.

#491 3 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

anyone have an issue with balls falling off the wire form that is fed from auto plunger or shooting black panther shot? Balls fall off wire form sometimes in the middle of play field on its way to returning to right flipper. Similar when you shoot bear kick ramp on taf and upon its return to right flipper ball falls off the wire form.

If you’re talking about the one that comes across the playfield you have to slightly bend the far left upper wire. It was an issue early on the LEs and that’s how a lot fixed it including me

#492 3 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

Try the owners thread. This one is dead.

3 weeks later
#493 2 years ago

New SDTM!
Avengers: Infinity Quest Pinball Machine Review (Stern, 2020)

What’s your thoughts after playing Stern’s AIQ?

#494 2 years ago

I think they made some good points for sure. This game is meant to be in a home environment where it can be learned and understood at each persons own pace. After many months of ownership I am still learning new strategies, and this offers me good value because I know how I play the game right now may change when I figure out something else.
For the casual player you don’t need to wrap your head around all the rules to have a good game. But months down the road you will want to learn the rules more and more to get bigger scores. This game has tons of replayability, that’s what makes it a A+ game for me.

#495 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I think they made some good points for sure. This game is meant to be in a home environment where it can be learned and understood at each persons own pace. After many months of ownership I am still learning new strategies, and this offers me good value because I know how I play the game right now may change when I figure out something else.
For the casual player you don’t need to wrap your head around all the rules to have a good game. But months down the road you will want to learn the rules more and more to get bigger scores. This game has tons of replayability, that’s what makes it a A+ game for me.

Hard to argue there, that’s a good take

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Machine - For Sale
Mccordsville, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Old Town Pinball

$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 19.00
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

8,924 (OBO)
$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Coopersburg, PA
$ 34.00
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 32.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 24.00
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 10.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-avengers-infinity-quest-owners-club-pinsiders-assemble-/page/10?hl=soulstoner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.