Topic Stats

• 508 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by redman822
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nixiw_(resized).jpg
Moscow_Arcade_8_(resized).jpg
museum-soviet-gaming-machines_23_(resized).jpg
show3_(resized).jpg
show2_(resized).jpg
show1_(resized).jpg
IMG_2425_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
wileytrent_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
IMG_2566_(resized).JPG
IMG_2565_(resized).JPG
IMG_2564_(resized).JPG
IMG_2563_(resized).JPG
IMG_2562_(resized).JPG
IMG_2561_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#28 3 years ago

looking forward to it!

1 month later
#35 3 years ago

so many great games! so little time to play them all!

#36 3 years ago

Clay, you should submit the EM tourney to IFPA. Now that the event is almost sold out but you are still more than 30days out, you know most of the players already in are coming for the fun and not specifically for IFPA points. Many of them would likely still enjoyed the added bonus of IFPA points

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

we did submit the event to IFPA. as far as i know it's on their schedule.... Just checked the IFPa website and we are indeed on their schedule.

awesome

1 week later
#53 3 years ago

Just wanted to say that if you are a PLAYER, then this is the BEST show ever, PERIOD!

I have been to quite a few shows around the nation and none of them can even come close to the quality and diversity of games available at the VFW.

The ratio of people to players, technical staff on hand, and shear quality of games is astounding. I am really flabbergasted that this show is not completely sold out already and for the next 5 years.

If you like playing pinball and doing it cost effectively, then this show can't be topped.

Cheap show, cheap nearby lodging, easy fly in/out if you need that, plus lots of other things nearby to occupy your time.
If your family is not into pins then get a VRBO in Ann Arbor and leave them in the city while you play pinball at the VFW show.

If you go with a buddy then I suggest using your time by doing what we did last year. A heads up skins match. You switch back and forth selecting games to play. I think we got through 57 titles on Friday last year. I eneded up winning the match, first to 30 wins was out goal. It was a blast!

#76 3 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

I was one of the early donors to the VFW and believe it or not still haven't made it over.

that reminds me, wasn't there some sort of perk for donors that helped get the roof done? Entry on an off night or something?

Clay, I will be there on the thursday before the show and want to cash that in

#79 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I donated at the level and got a T-Shirt and a private visit. Got the T-shirt when I went to the first show in 2014 but I never asked for a private visit. It was worth the $$ to help out.

yeah, I supported just to support. I was just joking that I wanted my off day entry to be on the Thursday before the upcoming show (all though it would be sweet to drop in on Thursday night).

#81 3 years ago
Quoted from DylanFan71:

I'll look forward to you giving me a strike in the tourney!

on most of those games it is a coin flip. I think last year I lost on one game by 20 points, lol.

The EM world championship is a super fun time!

#84 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Also weren't you the dude that rolled strikes and spares like four times? We are trying to figure out how to make strikes and spares harder so that you cannot repeat that! (Working on the flipper interrupt remote relay system now.)

lol, yup. Probably one of my best games of pinball EVER! I had rolled it 3 times and was heading towards rolling it the 4th and they asked me to just drain as my opponent had conceded. It was one of those times that the ball would just not drain and it all felt very fluid and natural. Whomever I was playing was nice enough to give me an abbreviated lesson on the game before we started. I think he began to regret it after I rolled it on ball one

#86 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

We are trying to figure out how to make strikes and spares harder so that you cannot repeat that!

tighten the tilt, remove outlanes, have it tilt when it reaches 1 million

#101 3 years ago
Quoted from dfsays:

Wish I could stay overnight and partake in midnight PinGolf.

midnight pingolf ????

I missed this!

#109 3 years ago

unfortunately i wont be staying over to camp. I have coordinated and am bringing 5 other buddies for a mans weekend. We grabbed a sweet VRBO in Ann Arbor and are golfing on Saturday (not my idea, but they are doing pinball all day Friday).

Sounds like fun!

In my mind if I had not left that game of Strikes and Spares I might still be there playing. Clay would just check on me every once in a while to make sure I was ok, but leave me be to finish it up.

#118 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

TheLaw needs whipped, whip it good.

I heard the ninja and crew are dressing up on Friday this year...

Clay_and_Crew_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#213 3 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

What is the food (and beer) situation for the show?

Minimal food options available. If like last year then I suggest packing a lunch to have more options. If you like the food at the little shack then it is good for 1 meal, but likely best to have something else for the second meal of the day. Gotta keep your energy up for pinballin

#215 3 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Thanks. I'll bring some food, then. What's the skinny on the beverages/rules?

pretty sure you are fine to tailgate in the parking area so long as you are respectful. Clay or one of the guys can chime in.

Seemed pretty relaxed vibe in the parking lot last year for those that were responsible and smart about their partying.

#221 3 years ago
Quoted from trufflepiggy:

We opened up the outlanes on the Strikes and Spares by the way!

lol, dont worry I will never play a game in that zen of a way ever again

#223 3 years ago

Trust me that you WONT want to leave to waste time getting food! Come prepared and spend as much time at the show as possible!

It only happens a few times a year and it really is a treat. Time playing pinball is better spent than traveling to eat

#241 3 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

The snack shack will have an expanded menu this year. I will ask Doug to post his menu.

GREAT news!!!

#296 3 years ago

Thursday cant get here quick enough!

Driving over on Thursday, picking up a buddy in Chicago, picking up a game en route, and then finally to AnnArbor for a VRBO and meeting 4 other buddies that are flying in from West and East coasts!

EM world championships on friday then all day pinball. Also picking up another game from a fellow pinsider and competitor on Friday at the show.
Golfing at some fancy smancy course in Ann Arbor on Sat (golf is not my thing but I can drink while losing a few balls on a fancy course).
Stopping on the way home to check out a third machine and possibly buying it.

Should be a blast of a weekend. Minivan will hopefully be loaded down with 3 games coming home on Sunday!

#302 3 years ago
Quoted from mot:

Hey Hilton, any chance you want to continue the New Glarus tradition we started last year? That Spotted Cow was so damn good!

I can bring over some beer if needed for folks. I will only be at the show on Friday. PM me with your needs/wants. I am slammed so would need to grab it tonight right after work if I am picking it up.

#306 3 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

whysnow / mot:
if you want to work out the details, I can grab the beer from hilton and pay him on friday and get it to you on saturday. I will be there both days and hilton knows who I am

See you on Friday JM. I will bring over some dank WI beers for mot. You pay me and mot pays you. Please remind me on Friday that I have the beer for you.

#314 3 years ago
Quoted from mot:

lol. You mean just like last year?
Nah, it's alright. Hilton said he's busy, and I still owe him for getting the New Glarus stuff last year.
Thanks for the offer though. So many generous people here!

mot > I picked you up a 12er variety pack of new glarus. I will give to JM on Friday. $20 even. (I think it was 17.99 plus tax, but $20 just keeps it simple)

Now you just gotta hope the guys pick up enough of their own booze for Friday night and dont try to bust into the spare 12 pack

#316 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Any chance predator will make it to the show?

All signs point to no.

You going banger?

#329 3 years ago

see you on Friday Ryan! Great ART!

#397 3 years ago

fun show for players. Thanks again Clay for opening your collection. I brought 4 non-heads and 1 buddy that is a regular; all had a blast on Friday! They said " WAY MORE FUN that I ever thought Pinball could be!" so great success on getting some new guys hooked!

I plan to be back next year and hope you have your Predator in the line up by then for all to enjoy (after all the legal dust settles). Thanks to those in the VFW club crew for confirmation on where another of the preproduction games resides (even though Clay denied it; understandable in the current timing). Glad that this one has a decent shot of being in public view at some point and in good hand for preserving it. For all those of us that paid and got screwed in that debacle, at least there is hope we will eventually be able to play one in the future. With your amazing playing rare collection, it almost seems fitting that you would also have a Predator tracked down.

#437 3 years ago

Great show Eric! Thanks to you and your crew that run the front of house and PR stuff also! You guys do a great job!

1 suggestion for next year. EM tourney, please make it swiss style (1x play 1x, 2x play 2x, noX play noX) Not much fun pulling Todd and Trent to ensure 2 strikes

You could also speed up the event by using brackalope on an ipad. It will do all the match up work for you.
If you want to keep it old school I am happy to bring you 2 more empty coffee cans for dropping in the 1x and 2x tags

#439 3 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Alternatively there's https://matchplay.events - which has the same (or better) features for a knockout tournament but is entirely web based so that it works with any device, regardless of operating system.

yes, that is the one I meant to use.

#441 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The only thing that should be done Swiss Style is skiing and hot Chocolate

also the only thing that should be done with gloves, but whom is keeping track

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
Gameroom - Decorations
Gameroom Mods
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 208.87
$ 269.00
Lighting - Led
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 150.00
Various Other Swag
Test item Out of stock
Pinside Shop
$ 154.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Nitro Pinball Shop
$ 87.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 23.25
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
The MOD Couple

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside