wileytrent_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
IMG_2566_(resized).JPG
IMG_2565_(resized).JPG
IMG_2564_(resized).JPG
IMG_2563_(resized).JPG
IMG_2562_(resized).JPG
IMG_2561_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#192 7 years ago

Pardon my intrusion of the Gottlieb System 3 hate (here's some wishful hoping for that Class of 1812 to make an appearance), but I thought I'd mention I'll be exhibiting at the 2016 VFW Show. For those I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Ryan, I'm a cartoonist, and I'm probably best known for having a small child strapped to my chest. However, during the VFW weekend, I'll be exhibiting a bunch of my pinball artwork.

01_(resized).jpg01_(resized).jpg

I'll mainly be bringing T-shirts with a few screen-printed posters thrown in for good measure. Here are some shots from last year (but I have a lot more material than I brought to the last VFW show):

03_(resized).jpg03_(resized).jpg04_(resized).jpg04_(resized).jpg05_(resized).jpg05_(resized).jpg06_(resized).jpg06_(resized).jpg02_(resized).jpg02_(resized).jpg

(Thanks to Pinsider, freeman, for that last shot.)

Finally, for the sake of completeness, here's what I'll have available for everyone in Mid-May:

09a_(resized).jpg09a_(resized).jpg06a_(resized).jpg06a_(resized).jpg07a_(resized).jpg07a_(resized).jpg05a_(resized).jpg05a_(resized).jpg08a_(resized).jpg08a_(resized).jpg09d_(resized).jpg09d_(resized).jpg09b_(resized).jpg09b_(resized).jpg09c_(resized).jpg09c_(resized).jpg04a_(resized).jpg04a_(resized).jpg04b_(resized).jpg04b_(resized).jpg02a_(resized).jpg02a_(resized).jpg03a_(resized).jpg03a_(resized).jpg01b_(resized).jpg01b_(resized).jpg01a_(resized).jpg01a_(resized).jpgDTZ7_(resized).jpgDTZ7_(resized).jpg

Just wanted to send a final thanks to Clay for opening his doors to attendees and exhibitors next month. Reading through this thread, I'm flabbergasted by all the additions to the VFW colleciton since last year. (I didn't think there was any more room to put new acquisitions! *LOL*) Here's hoping I can resist the siren song of that laundry-list of unparalleled titles and actually stay behind the bar to sell some stuff.

See you Saturday and Sunday of the show,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

2 weeks later
#328 7 years ago

First of all, I'd be interested to hear about other Pinsiders who will be participating in the VFW EM Tourny this Friday. I'm in (for my FIRST tournament EH-varrrr)! Really excited to try my hand at competition and help round-out the bottom of the pack.

- -- ----- -- -

In other news, as I mentioned previously in this thread I'll be exhibiting my work on Saturday and Sunday of the show. However, I just put together a portfolio of my pinball original artwork.

IMG_2314_(resized).jpgIMG_2314_(resized).jpg

I'll be bringing this to the show, for any interested parties. Lots of stuff that I've never brought to a public venue before:

IMG_2319_(resized).jpgIMG_2319_(resized).jpg

Up close, you'll be able to see my process a bit better; starting with non-reproductive blue pencil then inking over top:

IMG_2324_(resized).jpgIMG_2324_(resized).jpg

...and of course many of the accompanying shirts will be present, too:

ClaytorSternShirt_(resized).jpgClaytorSternShirt_(resized).jpg

Anyhow, here's a list of the others:

IMG_2318_(resized).jpgIMG_2318_(resized).jpgIMG_2320_(resized).jpgIMG_2320_(resized).jpgIMG_2316_(resized).jpgIMG_2316_(resized).jpgIMG_2315_(resized).jpgIMG_2315_(resized).jpgIMG_2321_(resized).jpgIMG_2321_(resized).jpgIMG_2317_(resized).jpgIMG_2317_(resized).jpg

...and finally, a reward for those who took the time to peer through all those pictures:

IMG_2323_(resized).jpgIMG_2323_(resized).jpg

This is the first public announcement of my Stern 30th Anniversary shirt. I'm really proud to be associated with their year-long celebration:

ClaytorStern30ShirtMock_(resized).jpgClaytorStern30ShirtMock_(resized).jpg

Unfortunately, this design is too new to have shirts available at the show, but they're making their way through the production queue as we speak. Until then, you can come take a look at the original this weekend.

See you then!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#351 7 years ago
Quoted from GravitaR:

I'll be there for the tourney on Friday to help you out Ryan. Will be a fun time.

Fantastic! Looking forward to seeing you there, Todd. Sorry we didn't get much of a chance to chat at PatZ. Hard keepin' up with my little guy these days.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'm in. Might be my first "voluntary" tourney ever... the others were just to be polite to the hosts. (despite winning... heh)

Alright...I've been warned. Ha-ha!

Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'm in. Might be my first "voluntary" tourney ever... the others were just to be polite to the hosts. (despite winning... heh)
Dude! Your stuff is bad ass! Count me in for a large tee w/the skeleton graveyard pinball party. That's awes!

Thanks a lot, Nico! (I think I might have one left.) Regardless, it'll be nice to finally meet in person.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I have never played it

Rookie.

See ya this weekend, Rob.

1 week later
#479 7 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

If you want an amazing place to stay, there's a Bed and Breakfast on a lake that's about 5 minutes away that is CRAZY nice (and they have a pinball machine on free play!)

Would love to know about this.

By the way, I had a great time meeting a ton of pinheads, both old and new. ...and I must admit, it was pretty humbling to see a good number of people walking around with an illustration of mine on their chest:

IMG_2425_(resized).jpgIMG_2425_(resized).jpg

Many thanks to Clay for providing me and the other vendors a space to sell our wares during the show. Much appreciated and I'll be happy to exhibit again next year if you'll have me.

I'm also already looking forward to the next EM World Championships. I had an absolute blast and I wouldn't change a thing. I read some of the comments about tournament software and speeding things up... I actually enjoyed the relaxed nature of the tourney. I felt like it gave me a chance to chat with my fellow competitors and actually have a conversation or two in-between rounds.

Three cheers for Clay and the VFW and the staff. Nice work (AGAIN)!

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanclaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-2016-thread?tu=ryanclaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.