wileytrent_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
IMG_2566_(resized).JPG
IMG_2565_(resized).JPG
IMG_2564_(resized).JPG
IMG_2563_(resized).JPG
IMG_2562_(resized).JPG
IMG_2561_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#151 8 years ago

If anyone has a project RFM they are bringing to the sale, I'm interested!

4 weeks later
#341 7 years ago

Damn, I can't wait for Friday! Year three going and year two in the EM tourney (took day off so my company wouldn't schedule conference calls causing me to forfeit a match). Friday + EM ticket is the best value in pinball!!! ?

#402 7 years ago

There are actually two in there. One in the back and one as you come in the door. I played GB about a dozen times and I can't say say if I'm totally sold on the gameplay (there are some really tight shots and the rules aren't intuitive in some areas) but the art is A+++. Please, Stern, more hand drawn art.

I played the Hobbit next to it as well about a dozen times. I HATE WOZ....boring theme, stop and start gameplay, not a fan of the art....but I think Hobbit is a winner. I don't know why people complain about the open playfield when there is so much to shoot at. Play the Stern, then play the JJ pin. It's a completely different experience. It's like driving a Corvette then driving a Bentley. Both have their strong suits but they are in totally different areas. I do think the era of DMDs should be dead at this point...LCDs are cheap and there is so much more you can do with the displays. Ghostbusters would be off the charts if the DMD had a LCD with clips from the movies!!!

#466 7 years ago

Yes, Sunday May 15th and we had SNOW FLURRIES in Michigan! Spring and Summer are short-enough already without this crap weather. I'm not seeing any sign of global warming locally....

Great, great show. Really nice touch having the new Zac row and having vendors bring in Kiss, GOT, GB and TH. I will echo the other poster about the headphone jacks - its seems that there were less games with working jacks. Minor complaint, but when you have 300 pins going at the same time, its impossible to hear the game you are playing. This show runs so smoothly that something like headphone jacks sticks out! I don't think a game was every down for more than a few minutes and in the very few exceptions where there was more than a trivial issue, the game was rolled into the shop and repaired quickly and put right back in the line up. The red and orange shirt volunteers were to a person polite and very accommodating. Great staff means a great show. I tried to introduce myself to Clay, but the poor guy was running in so many directions that I didn't want to sidetrack him.

One huge benefit (and I think its because of the design of this event) is that people are far friendlier and more considerate at this show than any other. People are there to play games and are in a great mood. No one hogs a machine. Everyone is very aware if someone else would like to play.

I think it would be very cool to have a high score honor roll at this event. A simple white board with a couple of dozen games that people get to report when they set a new GC score. I'd like to know just how far off I am from the skills of some of the regulars there (I do own the GC on RFM, it's still there from last year).

I really wish this was done more often than annually. I truly look forward to this show every year and I'm envious of the VFW members who get access to this on a regular basis. Some day maybe I'll learn the secret handshake!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-2016-thread?tu=robotron911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.