wileytrent_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
IMG_2566_(resized).JPG
IMG_2565_(resized).JPG
IMG_2564_(resized).JPG
IMG_2563_(resized).JPG
IMG_2562_(resized).JPG
IMG_2561_(resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#432 7 years ago

Just got back from Sunday's outing. What a great time! Seemed to be a lot of people, but aside from the 4 new machines in the annex, really didn't have to wait for anything more than a minute or two. Most of the time I'd queue up for one machine and a few down the row became available so I'd hop down to those. Can't believe the level of support they had there, always an orange shirt in sight to take care of breakdowns or helping with anything. Can't recommend this show enough! Definitely going again next year.

My biggest geek moment was Big Bang Bar. That machine looks like it just came off the assembly line. Wish I had time to play it some more and figure it out. Never had to wait more than a few minutes for it, and a few times nobody was on it when I came back there.

I really loved Ghostbusters and The Hobbit, but really wasn't fair competition as Hobbit was turned all the way up and you could barely hear GB. Why Stern backed down on the full color screen is beyond me. They need to catch up in that department for sure. I wish GOT would've been set to change houses, as the house selection tricks we were trying didn't work, but was nice to play as well as Kiss.

Color DMDs all over and especially liked the new technology on some of them. Bride of Pinbot was a real treat and wish I had more time with that. The mods on CFTBL were pretty neat as well. The moon light screen was pretty slick and I couldn't stop looking at the lit up lenticular instruction card.

Only minor complaint is the headphone jacks didn't always work, and some of them were turned up pretty loud, but glad they had support for them!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider groo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-2016-thread?tu=groo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.