Topic Stats

• 508 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by redman822
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 128 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

nixiw_(resized).jpg
Moscow_Arcade_8_(resized).jpg
museum-soviet-gaming-machines_23_(resized).jpg
show3_(resized).jpg
show2_(resized).jpg
show1_(resized).jpg
IMG_2425_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
wileytrent_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
IMG_2566_(resized).JPG
IMG_2565_(resized).JPG
IMG_2564_(resized).JPG
IMG_2563_(resized).JPG
IMG_2562_(resized).JPG
IMG_2561_(resized).JPG

There are 508 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.
#151 3 years ago

If anyone has a project RFM they are bringing to the sale, I'm interested!

#152 3 years ago
Quoted from mskoenen:

Nothing is set in stone, but we might be bringing a Black Rose, F14, Funhouse, Heavy Metal Meltdown, or Rocky & Bullwinkle. Or some combination of those.

Please bring the Black Rose! It's the one of the very few titles we don't have at the VFW.

Thanks,
Eric V.

#153 3 years ago

Debating bringing a game, but it wont be for sale if i do, do you get free entry? (Game would probably be gladiators, id bring class of 1812 since its a rare game, but i need to fully go through it forst so maybe next year)

#154 3 years ago
Quoted from CraZyMuffin:

Is there a wait list for Saturday tickets if someone backs out? (Possibly looking for 2 tickets)

I was wondering the same thing. I was slow on the draw, but would love to pick up a ticket from anybody who has to bail.

#155 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Debating bringing a game, but it wont be for sale if i do, do you get free entry? (Game would probably be gladiators, id bring class of 1812 since its a rare game, but i need to fully go through it forst so maybe next year)

Yes, please bring either title. We don't have a Gladiators or a Class of 1812. (My vote goes for 1812, as I've never even seen one).

From the website page;
http://vfwpinball.com/?p=128

"Can you bring a game to the showcase?

Yes! Bring a game to the Ann Arbor VFW pinball showcase is welcome – we encourage people to bring games to the show! If you want to bring a game you’re proud to show it off, or if you’re trading or selling to a friend and want a place to meet, that would be great. Doors to the hall are at ground level and within 20 feet of a drop off area, and we have many pinball carts available to borrow. We will have a dedicated area set aside for visiting pinball machines. And you have complete control of your game, when it comes, and when it leaves. If you are bring a game title which we don’t already have, you get FREE show admission. Our goal is to showcase our collector quality games and any quality machines that the pinball public wants to bring. Also you can bring your game to the show anytime. That is, bring it a week before (you’re not forced into bring it only on “set up day.”) Same goes for pickup… If you can’t pick up your game for a few days after the show, no problem. We’re trying to make this whole process very easy! In addition, we will fix your machine if it breaks (assuming you give us the key), and we’ll even clean your game before you pick it up. No other show offers these incentives!"

Looking forward to seeing you at the show!

Thanks,
Eric V.

#156 3 years ago

Are you going to have predator out?

#157 3 years ago

Awesome. I would probably drop off friday night and could pick up sunday night, but this year it will probably be gladiators since class needs work. (Sound issue, needs shopped, and id like to get the playfield sent out to be touched up).

#158 3 years ago

Eric-once i get my gameroom done, feel free to stop by and play a few games on class

#159 3 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Just a reminder that this year's T-shirts are now available for pre-order

And they go up to XXXXXL!

Now here's a promoter that knows his demographic!

No worrying about whether there will be a XXL size for me (which I can never count on with local breweries' special events and limited releases, etc.)!

#160 3 years ago

Jesus Christ it's bad enough we have all these DE & Segas and now people want to bring god awful Gottleibs?!?

#161 3 years ago

Hell ya! The more gottliebs the better!

#162 3 years ago
Quoted from bangerjay:

Are you going to have predator out?

Unlikely, because negotiations with Tim Fife have not been fruitful

#163 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Hell ya! The more gottliebs the better!

I don't remember seeing that motto anywhere at the VFW

#164 3 years ago

Well then it should be! Is the stargate still at vfw? Freddy? Get a gew more system 3s and can have a system 3 championship!

#165 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Unlikely, because negotiations with Tim Fife have not been fruitful

Like Tim Fife is the only person that has a Predator. It can't be the only one out there.

#166 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Well then it should be! Is the stargate still at vfw? Freddy? Get a gew more system 3s and can have a system 3 championship!

Yep, we've got a nicer example of Stargate now, and our Freddy was a rare HUO find. The only other System3 we have is Cue Ball Wizard (well, we have Strikes N Spares, but that's more of a bowler than a pin).

A full list of all the games we have on site can be found here;
http://vfwpinball.com/?page_id=244

Anyone want to bring a Capcom Kingpin?

Later,
Eric V.

#167 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't remember seeing that motto anywhere at the VFW

No, the true unofficial motto of the VFW was not fit to print on the T-shirts.

Later,
Eric V.

#168 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

We play a cute game there; when no one is around I roll those games outside and hope that it rains. Those games really are the bottom of the barrel.

#169 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

We play a cute game there; when no one is around I roll those games outside and hope that it rains. Those games really are the bottom of the barrel.

... What only because there's no dumpster?

#170 3 years ago

Ive only played freddy once, and was not impressed. Of the system 3s ive played i like gladiators, stargate, and wipeout. Class of 1812 is a keeper for me due to how hard it was to find, but game gets old quick (except for the chickens 1812 overture, that never gets old). Its april, a good month if youre experimenting with rain and gottliebs. Odds are in your favor

#171 3 years ago

I agree class of 1812 is a difficult game to find. I've been looking for one for years without success.

#172 3 years ago
Quoted from huo:

Like Tim Fife is the only person that has a Predator. It can't be the only one out there.

To date there are only two playable predators in existence. This is fact. Tim has one, and the original Johnny moronic black one, which is now no longer in Michigan, it is on loan to a mystery person. There are no other complete games anywhere. There are some carcasses here and there but none are complete, and none are playable. Tim's machine is really the best and really only playable and finished example. Even the original black one is not a complete and finished version. I would love to have tim's at the VFW show. but due to the current legal situation I seriously doubt there is enough upside for him to bring it, even though it is less than 20 miles from the VFW.

#173 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

I agree class of 1812 is a difficult game to find. I've been looking for one for years without success.

That's cause I buy them as soon as they come up and light them on fire

Quoted from cfh:

... What only because there's no dumpster?

I wouldn't expend that much energy lifting it in to a dumpster.

Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ive only played freddy once, and was not impressed. ...Its april, a good month if youre experimenting with rain and gottliebs. Odds are in your favor

Freddy is top 5 worst games ever created...it really is. I DISPISE SG, but at least it has ramps and a purpose to it. 1812 is horrendous, but it has an interesting art idea. There is nothing in Freddy that is any fun to play in any way.

#174 3 years ago

Clay, if i ever decide to sell it ill let you know.

#175 3 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Clay, if i ever decide to sell it ill let you know.

Call me first please, I'll give you $100 more

#176 3 years ago

Ha! I dont want to sell kindling!

#177 3 years ago

Clay doesn't even pay a hundred bucks for a machine...

#178 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Clay doesn't even pay a hundred bucks for a machine...

oh please... you think all 300+ games got there for $100 or less? really??

#179 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

oh please... you think all 300+ games got there for $100 or less? really??

It would be 400+ games by now if there wasn't a piece of worthless shit ID4 taking up space FOR 5 GODDAMN WEEKS.

#180 3 years ago

Independence Day is done cancer. You can come play it. I know you want to play it. I know you love to play it.

#181 3 years ago

I'll scat play it

#182 3 years ago

Last notice by me, the show is almost completely sold out for 2016. Anyone on the fence should buy their tickets today. Especially those who told their friends and plan to meet at the show. Make sure your friends have their ticket.

#183 3 years ago

ISO: DE Checkpoint parts. Ramp, plastics, would consider a really nice playfield.
Attending Saturday.
If you have some CP parts drop me a pm.

#184 3 years ago

Working on our new spaceship. Hope to have it done for the show, but I'm not sure. This is an ambitious project.

image_(resized).jpg

#185 3 years ago

BUMP ! get your tickets NOW !

#186 3 years ago

I could possibly bring my Amazon Hunt II but it would probably only be there for Sat. Mike

#187 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Working on our new spaceship. Hope to have it done for the show, but I'm not sure. This is an ambitious project.
image_(resized).jpg

Oh man we hated these when they were new. Very hard to keep them running. One never went on location because of ongoing issues.Very awkward to move them around without cart. If i remember correct there were some carry bars that you could mount to the cabinet for walking around?

#188 3 years ago

looking at this particular game it must have run pretty well. there's a bit of playfield wear, so someone played it a lot. and yes there are holes in the lower bottom sides of the cabinet so you can move it with bars. i just use a pin cart, works fine on that.

#189 3 years ago

as far as show tickets are concerned, there's not many left for friday, and sunday is actually getting low too. if you want to go i really suggest getting tickets ahead. i doubt there will be availability at the door.

#190 3 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

looking at this particular game it must have run pretty well. there's a bit of playfield wear, so someone played it a lot. and yes there are holes in the lower bottom sides of the cabinet so you can move it with bars. i just use a pin cart, works fine on that.

My boss bought these at a show, without having a official distributor in the Netherlands.That was asking for trouble.
With proper tools and parts supply almost any game can be kept up for a long time.
Good luck with yours, it must be a very rare machine in the usa.

#191 3 years ago

Does anybody have a ticket for Saturday that they may be interested in selling??

#192 3 years ago

Pardon my intrusion of the Gottlieb System 3 hate (here's some wishful hoping for that Class of 1812 to make an appearance), but I thought I'd mention I'll be exhibiting at the 2016 VFW Show. For those I haven't had the pleasure of meeting, my name is Ryan, I'm a cartoonist, and I'm probably best known for having a small child strapped to my chest. However, during the VFW weekend, I'll be exhibiting a bunch of my pinball artwork.

01_(resized).jpg

I'll mainly be bringing T-shirts with a few screen-printed posters thrown in for good measure. Here are some shots from last year (but I have a lot more material than I brought to the last VFW show):

03_(resized).jpg04_(resized).jpg05_(resized).jpg06_(resized).jpg02_(resized).jpg

(Thanks to Pinsider, freeman, for that last shot.)

Finally, for the sake of completeness, here's what I'll have available for everyone in Mid-May:

09a_(resized).jpg06a_(resized).jpg07a_(resized).jpg05a_(resized).jpg08a_(resized).jpg09d_(resized).jpg09b_(resized).jpg09c_(resized).jpg04a_(resized).jpg04b_(resized).jpg02a_(resized).jpg03a_(resized).jpg01b_(resized).jpg01a_(resized).jpgDTZ7_(resized).jpg

Just wanted to send a final thanks to Clay for opening his doors to attendees and exhibitors next month. Reading through this thread, I'm flabbergasted by all the additions to the VFW colleciton since last year. (I didn't think there was any more room to put new acquisitions! *LOL*) Here's hoping I can resist the siren song of that laundry-list of unparalleled titles and actually stay behind the bar to sell some stuff.

See you Saturday and Sunday of the show,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#193 3 years ago

damn, I'm getting fat! time to lose some weight

#194 3 years ago

Ooh, I didn't know LALA 19 was a Ryan Claytor original.

Note: I'm bringing over a Class of 1812 that Clay bought from Spooky.

#195 3 years ago

Clay found a class of 1812? Awesome. Mine will not be ready in time for this year

#196 3 years ago

Clay finds everything.

#197 3 years ago

I may have 1 set of Friday tickets available (1 tournament and 1 show). Conctact me if needed.

#198 3 years ago
Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

Clay finds everything.

I found it and passed it along. Clay has eyes everywhere!

#199 3 years ago

I'll bring my personal VFW Gasoline can for this one.

#200 3 years ago

My Gottlieb "RollerCoaster" may make an appearance for the show.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 2.50
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 58.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 229.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
€ 27.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 209.99
$ 36.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.95
Playfield - Plastics
ULEKstore
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
£ 55.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Medisinyl Mods
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 26.95
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
PinBoss Mods
$ 299.00
There are 508 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 11.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside