wileytrent_(resized).jpg
mainbuildingoverhead_(resized).jpg
IMG_2566_(resized).JPG
IMG_2565_(resized).JPG
IMG_2564_(resized).JPG
IMG_2563_(resized).JPG
IMG_2562_(resized).JPG
IMG_2561_(resized).JPG
There are 508 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.
#1 8 years ago

This is the thread for the 2016 Ann Arbor Michigan pinball show, May 13-15.
Website has details at http://www.vfwpinball.com
There is also a facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/vfwpinball

We will post messages here with games and events that will be at the upcoming show.

#2 8 years ago

The 1986 Gottlieb Genesis pinball has been finished and is ready for play at the Ann Arbor show. Notice the graphics on the cabinet and backglass are modified to reflect the game's original theme (the 1927 German sci-fi movie, Metropolis.) New clear ramps have been installed too (replacing the original and ugly pink ramps.)

gtb80_genesis1_(resized).jpggtb80_genesis1_(resized).jpg
gtb80_genesis2_(resized).jpggtb80_genesis2_(resized).jpg

#3 8 years ago

The 1990 Williams Bride of Pinbot (BOP) is now v2.0 with a color DMD! Available for play at the Michigan Pinball Show Ann Arbor in May.

wpc_bop1_(resized).jpgwpc_bop1_(resized).jpg

#4 8 years ago

The 1979 Atari Superman pinball for the upcoming May pinball show. It's ready for the show.

atari-superman1_(resized).jpgatari-superman1_(resized).jpg

atari-superman2_(resized).jpgatari-superman2_(resized).jpg

#5 8 years ago

The 1991 Alvin G. Soccer-ball pinball game for the show. This is a head-to-head game, two players flip at the same time! Or the game can be played in single player mode, with the "man less" side auto flipping the ball. Will go nicely next to the show's Williams Joust head-to-head pinball.

alving_soccerball1_(resized).jpgalving_soccerball1_(resized).jpg

#6 8 years ago

That's a huge improvement to the aesthetics of Gottlieb Genesis!

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

The 1979 Atari Superman pinball for the upcoming May pinball show. It's ready for the show.
atari-superman1_(resized).jpg
atari-superman2_(resized).jpg

Pinball rescue has decals for those superman drop targets available, if that's something you might want to try out. Otherwise, it's a very nice example

#8 8 years ago

I'm planning to be there!

#9 8 years ago

Cant wait! There wasnt a stargate there last year was there?

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Cant wait! There wasnt a stargate there last year was there?

No, there was no Stargate last year. Stargate will be a nice addition this year, in additon to all the Zaccaria's, and all the other pins that Clay has been showing over the past few weeks and months. Returning visitors will notice a greatly expanded roster of pins. We at the VFW Pinball Museum are looking forward to the best show yet.

#11 8 years ago

If you have any flyers or handouts about the show, I am willing to advertise at my pinball locations.

#12 8 years ago

Despite the sh*tty Canadian dollar, I plan to attend this year...haven't missed one yet! A truly fantastic collection.

I think the volunteer staff--from the folks that cook the hotdogs in the canteen to the guys and girls fixing the games and keeping them in tip top condition--deserve a round of applause. They are the backbone of this great event.

#13 8 years ago

Can't wait! Game look great !

#14 8 years ago

Another rare one for the show, the Bally BMX (400 made.) It was a difficult restoration, but it came out very well. This will be at the show too.

bly35_bmx1_(resized).jpgbly35_bmx1_(resized).jpg

bly35_bmx2_(resized).jpgbly35_bmx2_(resized).jpg

#15 8 years ago

Another one ready for the Ann Arbor pinball show in May. the 1994 Gottlieb Stargate pinball.

gtb3_stargate1_(resized).jpggtb3_stargate1_(resized).jpg

gtb3_stargate2_(resized).jpggtb3_stargate2_(resized).jpg

#16 8 years ago

Nice additions to an already awesome lineup can't wait to attend this years event

#17 8 years ago

Everything looks great, Clay

#18 8 years ago

Looking forward to the show. Will also pay a visit to Marvin's Marvelous Mechanical Museum... finally!

#19 8 years ago

Wow.. BMX! I love those Hardbody/D&D style outlane diverters.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Wow.. BMX! I love those Hardbody/D&D style outlane diverters.

Yeah with the shortish lower PF on BMX you gotta be ready to use those diverters...ball comes quick at them.

#21 8 years ago

Can't wait for this show! Three of my friends and I will be camping again this year. It's going to be a great birthday weekend!

#22 8 years ago

WOF? I have been wanting to play one of those for years but could never find one. Always a great show. I already got my tickets.

#23 8 years ago

Anyone bringing anything for sale?

#24 8 years ago

I spoke to Gary from Abel Electronics and he informed me that he will be at the show with a Hobbit for the weekend.

Gary supplied the show in the past with a Wizard of Oz and I would like to thank him for his help with the show.

Scott

#25 8 years ago

Another fairly uncommon game, the 1981 Williams Barracora, will be at the Ann Arbor michigan pinball show.

s7_barracora1_(resized).jpgs7_barracora1_(resized).jpg

s7_barracora2_(resized).jpgs7_barracora2_(resized).jpg

#26 8 years ago

Another game ready for the may 13-15 Ann Arbor Michigan pinball show.
The 1962 Chicago Coin Champion Rifle Range gun game. It combines pinball and a gun game. Like that even seems possible, but they did it. Quite the unique game playing experience.

ccm_championrifle1_(resized).jpgccm_championrifle1_(resized).jpg

ccm_championrifle2_(resized).jpgccm_championrifle2_(resized).jpg

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

Quite the unique game playing experience.

That's just cool. I gotta play that!

#28 8 years ago

looking forward to it!

#29 8 years ago

Another cool gun game restored for the Ann Arbor 2016 pinball show. The 1974 midway Twin Pirate Gun game. Chicks in bikinis, and ugly pirates. what could go wrong??

midway_twinpirate1_(resized).jpgmidway_twinpirate1_(resized).jpg

midway_twinpirate2_(resized).jpgmidway_twinpirate2_(resized).jpg

#30 8 years ago

Another interesting game, the 1983 Williams Joust head-to-head game. Ready for the Ann Arbor pinball show. This game (well not this exact example) does make the rounds at some shows. The reason is simple, it's pretty darn fun! It's ready for the show.

s7_joust1_(resized).jpgs7_joust1_(resized).jpg

#31 8 years ago

The trifecta of color DMDs at games that will be at the Ann Arbor pinball show May 13-15, 2016.
Twilight Zone (sample game, three magnets), Cactus Canyon (continued), and Attack from Mars.
There are about 30 games from 1992 to present at the show with colorDMD displays.

colordmd_(resized).jpgcolordmd_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#32 8 years ago

The Italian connection continues, getting ready for the May 13-15 show 2016

zac_spaceteam1_(resized).jpgzac_spaceteam1_(resized).jpg

zac_mexico1_(resized).jpgzac_mexico1_(resized).jpg

#33 8 years ago

Also should mention that the friday May 13th EM and early solidstate pinball IFPA tournament is almost sold out, there's only a few tickets left.

#34 8 years ago

Zaccaria Hot Wheels 1979 ready for the show!

zac_hotwheels1_(resized).jpgzac_hotwheels1_(resized).jpg

zac_hotwheels2_(resized).jpgzac_hotwheels2_(resized).jpg

#35 8 years ago

so many great games! so little time to play them all!

#36 8 years ago

Clay, you should submit the EM tourney to IFPA. Now that the event is almost sold out but you are still more than 30days out, you know most of the players already in are coming for the fun and not specifically for IFPA points. Many of them would likely still enjoyed the added bonus of IFPA points

#37 8 years ago

we did submit the event to IFPA. as far as i know it's on their schedule.... Just checked the IFPa website and we are indeed on their schedule.

#38 8 years ago

Can't wait for the show, do you still have tickets for Saturday?

#39 8 years ago

There are about 100 tickets available for Saturday. Friday and Sunday are still pretty open though.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from cfh:

we did submit the event to IFPA. as far as i know it's on their schedule.... Just checked the IFPa website and we are indeed on their schedule.

awesome

#41 8 years ago

If I have paid my EM tourney ticket for Friday do I need to still purchase a show ticket for Friday to attend the evening?

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from HoneyBadger:

If I have paid my EM tourney ticket for Friday do I need to still purchase a show ticket for Friday to attend the evening?

yes, the ticket for the tournament still requires paid admission to the show for friday. the good news is that the tournament ticket will get you in the door earlier

#43 8 years ago

Technically you can participate in the tournament without buying a show ticket. UnFortunately you just won't be able to get into the show itself. The tournament actually runs before the show opens. So you can do the tournament without buying a show ticket, if that's what you want to do. The tournament is run in a separate building though so you won't even be able to see the bulk of the machines without getting a show ticket for Friday too.

The advantage to having a show ticket in addition to the tournament ticket is that you get into the show early. So as soon as the tournament is over, or as soon as you have three strikes and you're out of the tournament, you can get into the main hall early, before the show starts.

#44 8 years ago

thanks for clarifying and correcting my statement clay

#45 8 years ago

The 1987 Appletime Zaccaria "Thunderman" pinball (Snake Plissken has his own pinball)! There are probably less than five of these in North America. Come play it at the May 13-15 Ann Arbor pinball show along with 300 other restored games at the third largest dedicated pinball facility in the U.S.! Like our facebook page and come to the show. http://www.facebook.com/vfwpinball/

I just want to know why Snake has a tat on the backglass, but not on the playfield...

zac_thunderman1_(resized).jpgzac_thunderman1_(resized).jpg

zac_thunderman2_(resized).jpgzac_thunderman2_(resized).jpg

#46 8 years ago

Excellent, thanks for the clarification.

#47 8 years ago

Yet another game I can't wait to play at the VFW show. Playfield layout looks pretty cool, and I love me some Escape from New York.

#48 8 years ago

What I can't figure out is why snake and Yentl are both on the back glass and the playfield plastics.

#49 8 years ago

I think that's actually the creepy Watson kid from "Young Sherlock Holmes". Weird either way.

#50 8 years ago

another rare game that will be at the Ann Arbor pinball show. Zaccaria Mystic Star. Probably less than 5 of these in North America.

zac_mysticstar1_(resized).jpgzac_mysticstar1_(resized).jpg

zac_mysticstar3_(resized).jpgzac_mysticstar3_(resized).jpg

zac_mysticstar2_(resized).jpgzac_mysticstar2_(resized).jpg

There are 508 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 11.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-ann-arbor-mi-pinball-show-2016-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.