151A379A-EE8D-44D0-A1F7-10D17C816CC4 (resized).jpeg
02FD4250-23EC-4C67-B52D-BEA8F49154A7 (resized).jpeg
228B7386-646C-454E-9976-3782828783AE (resized).jpeg
109E0881-498B-4999-946C-2D7EE56A49B1 (resized).jpeg
CF372B4B-5E15-490E-B7D8-CA716F1A7D92 (resized).jpeg
BE8ACB34-B5AD-46DB-8979-A31B994D1A60 (resized).jpeg
3B65C9BE-7FA3-4D90-85B7-456430B9E2BD (resized).jpeg
93D625F4-BE38-4E3F-9D8B-72198077BBF0 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SterlingRush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I'm still sending out SS emails throughout the day today, so I can get you in.

Glad you mentioned that, I was about to contact you, and let you know I didn’t receive an email. Checked spam folder just to be safe, lol.

#72 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Alphabetical order. I’m just chillin’.

Pretty much what I was thinking, made sense.

Is it bad, I’m already over the $$$ mark, and haven’t even got my recipient info yet? Still gotta get more after I get a list or ideas, lol.

#142 1 year ago
Quoted from Bmanpin:

I'm not good at following instructions. Is there a dollar limit here? Or whatever we are comfortable with?

I believe Les posted $40 minimum, but no cap for high end, sky is the limit

Got my recipient info, time to get busy!

Edit: added pics of my game room, just in case.

E42ACFB4-61F7-41DB-8F97-3128C8DD4937 (resized).jpegE42ACFB4-61F7-41DB-8F97-3128C8DD4937 (resized).jpeg61716C2C-F725-4BBF-81C3-B72D8A3D26F1 (resized).jpeg61716C2C-F725-4BBF-81C3-B72D8A3D26F1 (resized).jpeg36BDB326-9C76-4C76-BC28-ED6A8636A3FF (resized).jpeg36BDB326-9C76-4C76-BC28-ED6A8636A3FF (resized).jpegD19F61A9-43A6-478D-A869-1202EBD70EBA (resized).jpegD19F61A9-43A6-478D-A869-1202EBD70EBA (resized).jpeg40D571B8-B05F-4F32-897B-EE1B92319F05 (resized).jpeg40D571B8-B05F-4F32-897B-EE1B92319F05 (resized).jpeg
#157 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Love the DataEast Shoot Out pics and cool to see you still have yours too. Brings me back to when we were talking about scanning the art practically 10 years ago now. I see you don't have the side art on it. I have NOS side art for it that I haven't applied, not sure if I had it way back when we were talking before.
[quoted image]

Has it been that long? Yea, you and I talked about the side art, had someone that “may” have taken on scanning and vectoring the art, but it wasn’t high priority for them. Just got use to not having it, lol.

It’s now become my son’s favorite arcade game, even over the multi. Never did get an actual Shoot Out cab, it’s a Karnov that’s still wired as original, just added a second harness and custom adapter, so I can swap between the two. Also, my go to cab to play my Multi Williams JROK board, that funny enough, I received from a KLOV secret Santa.

#168 1 year ago
Quoted from Percula:

I wish my guy had pictures of his game room .

Think outside the box, gift(s) doesn’t have to be game specific, or Gameroom related. Think of something that could be universally used or enjoyed, either for the machines or not.

Remember, it doesn’t have to be an item from their list, or ideas, just something where thought and goodwill was put into it. Message me, and I can give you some ideas to run with.

#208 1 year ago

All gifts bought for my recipient, unless I decide to add more

#210 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Where does everyone get these banners, besides eBay there must be a way to find them.

Try Jason at Classic Game Rooms in Covington, GA. Either by phone or email, just have a list or few items to ask about, be specific on what you’re looking for, he usually has a great response time.

1 week later
#337 1 year ago
Quoted from JordyRamone:

Oh baby! Looks like someone is getting Dots!
[quoted image]

OK, for us older crowd, let’s start using DotsP for the pretzels, lol. Dots was already claimed long ago, lol.

I’m off to go yell at a cloud now......

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Question guys as this is my first year .... what do we put as a return address and where do we post tracking for the package.
LMK I..... "I mean Santa " is ready to ship

You can put your return address, just make sure you use Pinside Secret Santa instead of your name.

As for tracking info, you message Les Manley, same person you received your recipient info from.

Side note for all of the 1st timers to Secret Santa: First off, thank you for being a part of this, it is a great time all around, so enjoy it. Make sure you don’t get huge expectations from your Santa, it’s the thought that counts, not the price tag or quantity. Yes, I know there’s some amazing gifts that can change hands, just don’t get butt hurt if your gift(s) don’t meet your dreams. It’s more about giving and having fun, than receiving. If you’re going to be bitter, please don’t post.

If there’s an issue, I’ve known other Santa’s to be standup people, that help out when they can. Don’t fear, just enjoy

#517 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

My little helper thought it would be fun posting a hint in a puzzle ,as they’re both part of the gift .
[quoted image]

Fries, onion ring, and a tootsie roll?

1 week later
#773 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Ok, I've had a lot of people ask me and it's close enough to the end of the day here now. My head is still spinning, but here it goes. I had Zach from Flip N Out pinball reach out to me and say that he had someone who wanted to send me a shirt and a mod for the Pinside SS and he needed my info. I thought that was really nice and I gave him my shipping info. He said it should be here Friday. Fast forward and I get a call from FedEx saying they wanted to schedule a delivery for me. I didn't understand why they would call for a delivery, until they said they had one 370lb pallet to deliver. Needless to say I messaged Zach back and asked if that was serious and he said it was and that he was just a good elf doing his job for Santa. So today the FedEx truck pulls up and the driver opens the back door and I almost fell over when I saw the box. Not only was it a brand new pinball machine, it was a Toy Story Collector's Edition pinball machine. I've had a lot of pinball machines in my life time, but never a NIB one. In fact, the vast majority of them I got were only because I was able to get them cheap and through patience, be able to trade up for other more expensive ones. And now with prices like they are, I honestly never thought I would be able to experience opening a NIB pin at this point. Whomever you are, you made that dream finally happen. I can't begin to thank you enough for this and honestly it all still feels like a dream. When I get it inside and setup I will definitely take more pictures and add more to the story. I just wanted to get this out there for everyone who was curious. There are honestly some amazing people on this forum, I can't believe I was the recipient of something like this. Thank you again!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Aw man, I thought maybe someone sent you the full art package for DE Shootout, seriously got my hopes up for you

All joking aside, it couldn’t have gone to a better man, congratulations on your first NIB machine/present. Is that going to fit under your tree? You are wanting until X-mas to open it, right?

As others have stated, and LTG above: As much as you’ve given of yourself to the SS program, here and at KLOV all these years, you absolutely deserve this for your efforts.

To your SS, damn well done sir!

#789 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I apologize for leaving the SS out.
Extremely well done. You gladdened the hearts of many this Christmas season !
I only hope your thoughtfulness brings you as much happiness as it did John, and those following along.
LTG : )

Also, let us not forget about Zach from Flip N Out, for helping the SS with this amazing hookup. Kudos to you good sir!

#825 1 year ago
Quoted from Mrsiyufy:

Wow this one is crazy.
Received a 2nd gift from my Santa. Thank you so much.
The box was completely sealed - but is completely empty - so someone opened it and re sealed it.
So sorry Santa - I’m sure what ever it was was amazing.
Hopefully you have insurance on it. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It’s that new invisible Mylar “Invisi-lar”, to use on your playfields.

That sucks though, maybe your SS got distracted, and thought the item was in there, before taping it up? Does it look like it was opened the sealed again?

Either case, sorry to see that big guy

#838 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Honestly....insurance should have been taken out. But in cases like this or for if people don't receive anything all of those who were so fortunate should chip in for the guys that got screwed,
Some pretty dam nice gifts were given out. I think many could spare for our friends that didn't , and isn't that what Christmas is all about ?
Lets think positive and hope its just a mistake.

That’s what I’m leaning towards, especially since he said no signs of resealing, probably a distracted moment when packing, or in a rush.

Les has a PM out to the SS, we’ll see what becomes of it.

As you mentioned, I was already thinking of “helping”, depending on the outcome. Done it in the past.

#909 1 year ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Seasons Greetings Everyone-
While on lunch break, something happened that I am genuinely not sure how to write about. One of you, through FlipNOut pinball, decided I deserved a pinball machine for Christmas… Genuinely, I do not know what to say. Thank you seems obvious, but I really wish i could personally and humbly thank the individual or family that made this happen. I love pinball-I enjoy sharing what i have, its not a large collection, but pinball to me is social.
When i arrived at my home during lunch today, not knowing what was arriving I still-as of right now can’t believe it. A NIB Rush Pro!!! This is absolutely incredible. I hope i may give personal thanks someday, we hope to go to TPF this year for the first time-but what i can promise is many pictures of the social experiences will follow over the next several days-i want people to play this machine-and they will…. Thank you to the team at FlipNOut for keeping it a secret and Merry Christmas to all here and of course the incredibly generous Secret Santa-
Tim
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s awesome! Enjoy it as it was intended by your SS, which I’m sure you and your family will. Now you just need to update your collection page, lol.

Nice job SS, definitely above and beyond.

#1014 1 year ago

Received a SS package today, maybe the only one, maybe 1 of X, don’t know but happy either way. If someone’s nice enough to spend their hard earned money on me, I am always extremely grateful.

I am waiting until Christmas to open, if my SS needs me to open sooner for any reason, message Les and let him know.

Thank you SS, Merry Christmas to you and your family!

B688AE39-C11C-4E8F-A3A5-04E21833FA99 (resized).jpegB688AE39-C11C-4E8F-A3A5-04E21833FA99 (resized).jpeg

#1038 1 year ago

OK, to add to the excitement: My gift(s) to my recipient have been mailed. Maybe they’ve already arrived, maybe they’re in route. Maybe they’ve been opened, maybe they haven’t yet. Maybe it was one box, maybe it was 2-6 boxes......sleep with that mystery spinning in your head

#1051 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

I realized I fell slightly behind the curve (how is it already the 15th?!) so I had to ship SS gifts directly to my lucky recipient. Unfortunately they're coming in two separate shipments but both have guaranteed delivery before Xmas. Good luck to any other procrastinators out there!

You had one job to do......lol.

#1075 1 year ago

It’s cool to see all of the gifts being given, my wife walked past the SS package I received, and shot me a glare “You will be waiting ‘til Christmas to open that”, lol. After I literally just told her, that’s what I’m doing, already planned.

The waiting is hard, but I know I’ll enjoy opening it on Christmas Day

I don’t see any small vent holes, so I think I’m safe and no chinchillas will be harmed.

#1153 1 year ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Thinking it must be intentional, I opened the box and found a few treats and these really cool laser cut vinyl records made to hang on the wall (Elvis, RUSH, and Metallica). I'm still baffled who may have done this, but I wanted to say thank you for such a cool original gift and for including me.
[quoted image]

Very cool, I received something similar last year from the family, absolutely love it.

F3E515F7-9F1B-4FC0-98B9-EF085A689561 (resized).jpegF3E515F7-9F1B-4FC0-98B9-EF085A689561 (resized).jpeg
#1299 1 year ago

To my SS, our oldest daughter just wrapped the package sent, so it’s official, that it will not be opened before Christmas. She’s so sneaky!

#1358 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

lol. I've got about 30 of them. never missed a show beginning with the signals tour in 1982 (rush was the first band to play at joe lewis arena in detroit)

I missed two tours, from Presto forward: Counterparts and R30. Even got live recordings from 4 of the shows I was at

#1371 1 year ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Got my gifts… kids were all over the Deadpool light. Thank you SS, my TWD has a perfect spot for the volume control.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

You’ll like that volume control, easy to install, nice having access on the outside of the machine. I just added those to my Rush and Transformers last week.

#1407 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

John, did you get that Toy Story moved in yet? I know you were wondering where you'd make space....
Come on! Share some pics! Open that baby up!

Last I heard, he was pretty busy with work/life/running the SS, so I’m sure we’ll see something before year end.

I know a lot of us will be viewing those pics as an extra present, seeing the joy he/his family are getting from it

#1501 1 year ago

Edit: I was so excited to post, forgot to mention, my SS did an awesome job wrapping each gift individually.

Merry Christmas and thank you SS! Love the gifts

The Rush picks will go great with my machine, a nice little tool kit for those harder to reach spots, an awesome Nightmare on Elm Street shirt(wife is trying to claim), and some good popcorn for our family to enjoy, simply awesome.

Thank you to all who participated this year, Merry Christmas to you all, enjoy the day!

BD6AF561-53A5-4E85-BD99-C75417E313C8 (resized).jpegBD6AF561-53A5-4E85-BD99-C75417E313C8 (resized).jpeg

B828713E-0A09-4FD1-A052-E3800224AC7D (resized).jpegB828713E-0A09-4FD1-A052-E3800224AC7D (resized).jpeg
#1584 1 year ago
Quoted from Pintor:

THANK YOU SECRET SANTA!!
I truly did not know what to expect. Then I read the letter and got that child like Christmas feeling again! I couldn’t wait to tear into the rest of the box. The first thing I pulled out was a CGC universal grade Detective Batman Comic!! This is the very first CGC graded comic and my very first detective Batman comic I’ve ever had!! And it wasn’t just any comic, it was only my favorite superhero and villain!! This will easily be the showcase comic on my wall. I freaking love the cover! And Just when I thought I had every mod available for my Iron Maiden, I pulled out a freakin IM shooter rod and a blue rules card case mod!! I didn’t even know they made a mod like that for IM! And if that wasn’t enough, I got an awesome shirt from game exchange Colorado (definitely gonna stop by nezt time I’m in Colorado) and a packet of stern pinball ads that will look freaken awesome on the wall behind my pins. Literally, that is the last wall in my barcade that is undecorated, I couldn’t decide what would go well behind the pins. Well problem solved now! And lastly, I see this rectangular box at the bottom. I grab it and really having no clue what it was (I hadn’t figured it out yet from the clue in the letter). I open it and holy crap it’s an actual IM display banner!! Again I’ve never had one before and wow this is gonna look super awesome on my barcade wall!!
Seriously SS thank you! It’s like you’ve been to my barcade and knew exactly what to get me!! I really appreciate it and can honestly say you took me back to that childhood moment at Xmas. Thank you!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So I’m still waiting to see all of this Ironman stuff

IM = Ironman
IMDN = Iron Maiden
(For those playing along at home)

4 weeks later
#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

As far as I know, no one got stiffed. There were a couple of people that I talked with who were disappointed in the effort that their SS put into it this year though.

Not everyone’s gonna get a pinball machine

I know myself and others mentioned throughout this thread, be happy to get something, don’t have expectations. If you can’t be happy someone at least thought of you, don’t participate.

Unless it was a 10% off coupon, to the SS’s own shop, then there’s room for that I guess. Yes, that actually happened one year, not at Pinside though.

You don’t know the individual’s situation, just be happy to receive, that’s what it’s about. Not “I spent X on my recipient, but only received Y, not fair!”

As you said, everyone got something, no one got stiffed. I’ve seen SS with less participants, have a high percentage of fails not sending anything, as I know you have as well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 90.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations
Decals
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 80.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 59.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Print2pin
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Wilmington, NC
€ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods
Other
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 240.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Plastics
The Electric Playground
Plastics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider SterlingRush.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread-?tu=SterlingRush and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.