151A379A-EE8D-44D0-A1F7-10D17C816CC4 (resized).jpeg
02FD4250-23EC-4C67-B52D-BEA8F49154A7 (resized).jpeg
228B7386-646C-454E-9976-3782828783AE (resized).jpeg
109E0881-498B-4999-946C-2D7EE56A49B1 (resized).jpeg
CF372B4B-5E15-490E-B7D8-CA716F1A7D92 (resized).jpeg
BE8ACB34-B5AD-46DB-8979-A31B994D1A60 (resized).jpeg
3B65C9BE-7FA3-4D90-85B7-456430B9E2BD (resized).jpeg
93D625F4-BE38-4E3F-9D8B-72198077BBF0 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 36.
#1651 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Any of ya'll popcorn fans ever use Flavacol?

Oh Fuck yeah, its my go to. No more popcorn seasoning for me (I was a dill pickle guy all day every day)

Small spoon of flavacol in with the oil and kernels, unreal.

#1652 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

In every batch I make!! I’m up to a whole tablespoon per 8oz… I’m addicted.

#1653 1 year ago

used to work in a mall big box store we used a popcorn machine. Got flavacol and it increased the smell of popcorn throughout the entire mall vs just a small circle around the machine otherwise that shit is like magic! Tastes great but spreads the smell for miles! Start selling it! They promise a sales increase lol!

Quoted from Haymaker:

#1654 1 year ago

I make a shit ton of popcorn at my house. Currently use snack packs but I need to transition to individual ingredients

#1655 1 year ago

Did i miss a pic of 'flavacol'?! What is this mystical ingredient u speak of

#1656 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I learned about it when I ran the popcorn machine for my Boy Scouts troop during fundraising at the local car show.

Tastes great since its basically two of my favorite things combined into one, butter flavored salt.

https://www.amazon.com/Gold-Medal-Products-Flavacol-Seasoning/dp/B007HN5KNA/ref=asc_df_B007HN5KNA/
81lUmOUaQML (resized).jpg81lUmOUaQML (resized).jpg

#1657 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Its an extremely fine salt that is also butter flavored. Its the secret to really getting that movie popcorn taste. You can order it online (and its cheap) but usually they make you buy like enough to last a couple lifetimes. I think even a hardcore popcorn eater would have trouble going through one carton in a decade. I've seen it on store shelves here in the USA though, so maybe you can find it in a store in canada too. I have seen smaller cartons at my local farm n fleet and I plan on picking one up next time.

#1658 1 year ago

One carton - Amazon $15

Don’t put it on the popcorn.
Put it in with the oil and kernels.

#1659 1 year ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Its an extremely fine salt that is also butter flavored. Its the secret to really getting that movie popcorn taste. You can order it online (and its cheap) but usually they make you buy like enough to last a couple lifetimes. I think even a hardcore popcorn eater would have trouble going through one carton in a decade. I've seen it on store shelves here in the USA though, so maybe you can find it in a store in canada too. I have seen smaller cartons at my local farm n fleet and I plan on picking one up next time.

I have been running the same flavacol carton for a solid 14 years. Just saying. LOL

#1660 1 year ago
Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I have been running the same flavacol carton for a solid 14 years. Just saying. LOL

I worked at a movie theater just out of high school. This stuff was amazing, on a really busy opening weekend we would go through 2 cartons.

On another note, how many people are still waiting for their first gift?? Or has everyone received a gift at this point?

#1661 1 year ago
Quoted from acitti:

On another note, how many people are still waiting for their first gift?? Or has everyone received a gift at this point?

Good topic. It's probably time to start circling back to the original participation list to see who's confirmed receipt of a gift and figure out who (if anyone) got stiffed this year.

#1662 1 year ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

Good topic. It's probably time to start circling back to the original participation list to see who's confirmed receipt of a gift and figure out who (if anyone) got stiffed this year.

As far as I know, no one got stiffed. There were a couple of people that I talked with who were disappointed in the effort that their SS put into it this year though.

#1663 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

As far as I know, no one got stiffed. There were a couple of people that I talked with who were disappointed in the effort that their SS put into it this year though.

Not me, used my klein nut drivers today working on Luci

#1664 1 year ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Not everyone’s gonna get a pinball machine

I know myself and others mentioned throughout this thread, be happy to get something, don’t have expectations. If you can’t be happy someone at least thought of you, don’t participate.

Unless it was a 10% off coupon, to the SS’s own shop, then there’s room for that I guess. Yes, that actually happened one year, not at Pinside though.

You don’t know the individual’s situation, just be happy to receive, that’s what it’s about. Not “I spent X on my recipient, but only received Y, not fair!”

As you said, everyone got something, no one got stiffed. I’ve seen SS with less participants, have a high percentage of fails not sending anything, as I know you have as well.

#1665 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

Not everyone’s gonna get a pinball machine
I know myself and others mentioned throughout this thread, be happy to get something, don’t have expectations. If you can’t be happy someone at least thought of you, don’t participate.
Unless it was a 10% off coupon, to the SS’s own shop, then there’s room for that I guess. Yes, that actually happened one year, not at Pinside though.
You don’t know the individual’s situation, just be happy to receive, that’s what it’s about. Not “I spent X on my recipient, but only received Y, not fair!”
As you said, everyone got something, no one got stiffed. I’ve seen SS with less participants, have a high percentage of fails not sending anything, as I know you have as well.

Well said.

#1666 1 year ago

Light heartedly suggesting a new rule for this year.

Novus is banned as a gift. That's like the old cliché of gifting your wife a vacuum cleaner. Everyone has a nearly unused bottle of Novus 2 and 3 anyway. Enough for a lifetime.

#1667 1 year ago

I disagree. Stuff that helps me work on my machines is most welcome.

Now, Novus is readily available and I’d rather get something new to me or not as easy to get. Like snacks from across the country or another country. Or, for instance, if my next Santa happens to be coming to Dallas from Philly right around the holidays, fresh soft pretzels purchased that day before they got on the plane make a lovely gift.

#1668 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Light heartedly suggesting a new rule for this year.
Novus is banned as a gift. That's like the old cliché of gifting your wife a vacuum cleaner. Everyone has a nearly unused bottle of Novus 2 and 3 anyway. Enough for a lifetime.

At least nobody got gifted a bottle of wildcat. I don't think I even saw any millwax which is nice. I would never mind having an extra bottle of novus around!

#1669 1 year ago

Opening bottles of cleaner and rags is like getting socks as a gift when a kid.

#1670 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

It's a matter of perspective.

I got some rags 2 or 3 years ago and still use them today (well this pic was Wednesday of this week).
Got socks from a great Aunt once but remarked some day that aunt won't be around to give me socks.
I try to be thankful for any gift, especially the "present".

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1671 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I got some rags 2 or 3 years ago and still use them today (well this pic was Wednesday of this week).
Got socks from a great Aunt once but remarked some day that aunt won't be around to give me socks.
I try to be thankful for any gift, especially the "present".[quoted image]

engine (resized).pngengine (resized).png

Whoah, what game is that? There's a LOT of mechs in there.

#1672 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Yeah when you're a kid those gifts suck, but when you're an adult, suddenly they are some of the best gifts. Or at the very least, "can't go wrong" gifts

#1673 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Totally agree. I sign up just assuming whoever gets me would just spend the minimum and pick out some neat stuff. It is just about something cool showing up in the mail for me. Not everyone is in the same financial situation so I think if you participate you should come to terms with the fact that you may get some novus in the mail ha. It’s all just for fun…I enjoy picking stuff out and sending it more than getting stuff these days anyway. The stuff that shows up for me is just a bonus!

#1674 1 year ago

Lighten up fellas, just horsing around.

#1675 1 year ago

It’s also hard to determine what to get someone with minimal posts. My gifts were more off the shelf but it was more because I wasn’t sure what to get with likes and posts. I got some everyday functional items that were geared towards the individual and couple other items. It def wasn’t a pinball machine though!

#1676 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Don't forget to remove your tools as well when you drive this..! Come to think of it, forget the rags, I bet some duct tape would go a long way with you as well!

1 week later
#1677 1 year ago

Kids got in a few games of Toy Story before their competitiveness took over and derailed things. I have no idea where they get that from. Seriously though, the game is great for kids, fun and very approachable for them. Proud moment too when they came downstairs to play it unsolicited while I worked on other games. When they were done I finally moved it into its permanent home next to it's JJP brothers.

PXL_20230204_201156519 (resized).jpgPXL_20230204_201156519 (resized).jpgPXL_20230206_021419076 (resized).jpgPXL_20230206_021419076 (resized).jpg

#1678 1 year ago

That’s awesome Les!

#1679 1 year ago
Quoted from Liftserv:

That’s awesome Les!

Could not agree more!!!! Looks awesome Les

1 week later
#1680 1 year ago

Ah, our grocery store started selling these, I couldn't be happier.

20230217_180237 (resized).jpg20230217_180237 (resized).jpg
#1681 1 year ago

Yeah I’m happy my local store sales those now, the original and mustard flavors also. I included some to my recipient this year since I think it is a requirement if able lol. Missed out on the limited Cinnamon flavor unfortunately though. I bet those were incredible…I love Cinnamon!

The Cheese ones are fire!

#1682 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah I’m happy my local store sales those now, the original and mustard flavors also. I included some to my recipient this year since I think it is a requirement if able lol. Missed out on the limited Cinnamon flavor unfortunately though. I bet those were incredible…I love Cinnamon!
The Cheese ones are fire!

The cinnamon ones are in high demand here. We have already been through 2 bags. Lol We find them pretty easily at target.

#1683 1 year ago
Quoted from FLASHBALL:

The cinnamon ones are in high demand here. We have already been through 2 bags. Lol We find them pretty easily at target.

Yeah not at our Target unfortunately they only carry the original flavor there. I don’t think Cinnamon made it to the west coast.

#1684 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Yeah not at our Target unfortunately they only carry the original flavor there. I don’t think Cinnamon made it to the west coast.

I have the purple bag (cinnamon) here in Las Vegas. We have have the red, blue, yellow. Cheese curls and pork rinds.

#1685 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

Next time I stop in at Target I'll grab a couple extra and drop them in a flat rate box for ya.

Message me your addy.

2 weeks later
#1686 1 year ago

CHRISTMAS IN MARCH!!!!

I came home to an amazing surprise! The Stumbler “Lolly Pop” Mod for Godzilla from my Secret Santa!!! Folks, if you are not familiar, this is an amazing and very expensive mod. I cannot thank my Secret Santa enough. A note was sent around Christmas time saying this “hard to obtain” mod would be coming when production is done. Well, it’s done because it’s about to be installed on my Godzilla Premium!!!

THANKS SECRET SANTA!!!!

93D625F4-BE38-4E3F-9D8B-72198077BBF0 (resized).jpeg93D625F4-BE38-4E3F-9D8B-72198077BBF0 (resized).jpeg
3 weeks later
#1687 1 year ago

I just wanted to thank my Secret Santa again for the wonderful Lego Optimus Prime gift. My fiancé and I spent a few days / weekends putting it all together finally and it was so much fun. It had been a loooooong time since we messed with Legos!

He found a rightful place on the top Transformers collection shelf (for the pic anyway … moving him lower to prevent falling and utter destruction, haha!).

Love it. Thanks again!

02FD4250-23EC-4C67-B52D-BEA8F49154A7 (resized).jpeg02FD4250-23EC-4C67-B52D-BEA8F49154A7 (resized).jpegBE8ACB34-B5AD-46DB-8979-A31B994D1A60 (resized).jpegBE8ACB34-B5AD-46DB-8979-A31B994D1A60 (resized).jpeg109E0881-498B-4999-946C-2D7EE56A49B1 (resized).jpeg109E0881-498B-4999-946C-2D7EE56A49B1 (resized).jpeg228B7386-646C-454E-9976-3782828783AE (resized).jpeg228B7386-646C-454E-9976-3782828783AE (resized).jpeg3B65C9BE-7FA3-4D90-85B7-456430B9E2BD (resized).jpeg3B65C9BE-7FA3-4D90-85B7-456430B9E2BD (resized).jpeg151A379A-EE8D-44D0-A1F7-10D17C816CC4 (resized).jpeg151A379A-EE8D-44D0-A1F7-10D17C816CC4 (resized).jpegCF372B4B-5E15-490E-B7D8-CA716F1A7D92 (resized).jpegCF372B4B-5E15-490E-B7D8-CA716F1A7D92 (resized).jpeg
#1688 1 year ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I just wanted to thank my Secret Santa again for the wonderful Lego Optimus Prime gift. My fiancé and I spent a few days / weekends putting it all together finally and it was so much fun. It had been a loooooong time since we messed with Legos!
He found a rightful place on the top Transformers collection shelf (for the pic anyway … moving him lower to prevent falling and utter destruction, haha!).
Love it. Thanks again!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Man I love this program. Great post. And well done Secret Santa!!

1 week later
#1689 1 year ago

That is awesome...both posts! This thread gets a little buried in my history a couple months after Christmas and I didn't see this until now. Pretty fun to see new posts here in April!

#1690 1 year ago

Late to the game posting my update, but I wanted to say thanks again to my Secret Santa! The custom CCr topper is great, and my daughter seems to enjoy her Winnie the Pooh onesies.

For all the parents out there with newborns, I highly recommend these carrier shirts!

C7B3F063-012C-425B-B775-7D24E53540D6 (resized).jpegC7B3F063-012C-425B-B775-7D24E53540D6 (resized).jpeg
#1691 1 year ago
Quoted from fastdatasci:

Late to the game posting my update, but I wanted to say thanks again to my Secret Santa! The custom CCr topper is great, and my daughter seems to enjoy her Winnie the Pooh onesies.
For all the parents out there with newborns, I highly recommend these carrier shirts!
[quoted image]

A Topper, OH HECK YEAH!

2 weeks later
#1692 11 months ago

I’m blown away by this all…I look forward to this all year. Just giving…that’s the fuel…love it!

2 weeks later
#1693 11 months ago

Just bought my secret santa gift for 2023 before the limited quantity sells out.

#1694 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Clear my upvote
Just bought my secret santa gift for 2023 before the limited quantity sells out

Really, a NIB LE eh?

#1695 11 months ago

I got the last TBAG it's the equivalent to a lump of coal

#1696 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Just bought my secret santa gift for 2023 before the limited quantity sells out.

OOOOOOOH a RUSH topper baby!

#1697 11 months ago
Quoted from TroyS:

OOOOOOOH a RUSH topper baby!

I wouldn't say no. But I think I'd also feel a little self conscious and guilty about it tbh....

#1698 11 months ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

Triple drain lunchbox? Lol

2 months later
#1699 9 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Ok, Apinjunkie made me reconsider my stance, so I'm splitting the difference. My wife opened the box and saw some were wrapped, some were not and told me I should look through the box.
My family wanted me to open everything but I'm keeping two of the wrapped gifts for Christmas...
Here's the stuff I did open (or wasn't wrapped), and I love it all! I'm not sure if my Santa knew I love trying new food or not (we've had a subscription to Universal Yums for two years!), but I do love it! Here we have some local beef jerky (yum!) and some "secret seasoning" from the same place, Lee's Market. There's also a couple of bags of chips - one says "skin on," which are how I like my mashed potatoes so can't wait to try them! There's also a box of mini Vernor's ginger soda that sounds good, didn't know you could ship that in the middle of winter! My daughter was especially excited about this. There was a jar of chocolate dessert topping wrapped up well to protect it - I just finished a jar of Grown Up KidsStuff which looks to be similar so can't wait to see how it compares. Finally, there was a tshirt that looks cool - but I'm not quite sure what the design means. Maybe Pinside can help me out? My daughter's been eyeing it so might try to steal it and use it as a night shirt... we will see!
Thanks, Santa! This is a great blend of stuff to tide me open until I open the last two gifts. Hopefully you don't mind me waiting for the two boxes!
Edit: I forgot to mention the very cool looking card! And unlike those who have a Secret Santa, mine was signed "undisclosed Santa," which made me chuckle when I read it.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I found the chips at Costco and they're party size! I bought a couple of bags to get ready for football season! Thanks, SS!

20230725_175946 (resized).jpg20230725_175946 (resized).jpg
#1700 9 months ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

I found the chips at Costco and they're party size! I bought a couple of bags to get ready for football season! Thanks, SS![quoted image]

That's funny. I was just snooping around for a snack and my wife had the same ones in the cupboard. Mine won't last till football season, it's Shark Week.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kingston, OK
$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 17.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Paradise Distribution

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 23.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 19.99
Cabinet - Other
FlipMods

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Blacklick, OH
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 14.95
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,769 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 36.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-pinside-secret-santa-participants-thread-/page/34?hl=pinpickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.