20240421_192540~3.jpg
touchdown-lions-detroit-lions.gif
winnipeg-jets-go-jets-go.gif
fire-burn.gif
20240420_201842~2.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_112254_Firefox.jpg
Screenshot_20240420_094303_Firefox.jpg
IMG_6348 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixtyfourbits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 2 years ago

Oilers trade Caleb Jones and a third round pick for Duncan Keith. Chicago retains no salary.
I think the Blackhawks win this one. They free up a fair bit of cap space, and getting Caleb Jones give them a bit of an edge to landing Seth Jones. The third round pick doesn't hurt either.
Duncan Keith isn't a bad player by any means, but with Edmonton already against the cap, adding Keith for two more years really limits them to the ability to add decent wingers to play with McDavid and Draisaitl.

1 week later
#85 2 years ago

Seth Jones is a Blackhawk now. Pretty big trade, and a pretty big new contract.

1 month later
#137 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

The Hurricanes just offer sheeted Kotkaniemi a one year deal worth $6.1 million with a $20 signing bonus. (Yes the signing bonus is $20!!!)
Montreal has 7 days to respond. If they don't match the Canes offer they will receive a 1st and 3rd round draft pick as compensation.
Seems like some hardcore trolling payback for the Aho offer sheet from Montreal in 2019.
The Hurricanes Twitter account is on fire making fun of the Habs!!

The $20 is a hidden reference to the Aho offer sheet Montreal tried a while back, as Aho’s number is 20. I thought that was some solid trolling lol.
Also the canes press release was worded almost exactly like Montreal’s when they announced aho had accepted their offer sheet.

#140 2 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Good eye on the $20 reference. I forgot about that. That's some fine trolling by Don Waddell of the Hurricanes.
If I was Montreal I would just take the 1st and 3rd rounders. I don't believe they have the cap space to sign Kotkaniemi to $6.1 million.

I agree. He was a healthy scratch at times during their playoff run, so a 1st and a 3rd would be a decent return for a player they didn’t even use at times. Though I could see Montreal matching the contract simply to not let Carolina “win”.

8 months later
#1350 1 year ago

In my playoff hockey pool, this year I went with two entries. Tampa vs Colorado final or Florida vs Colorado final. I'm a big Tampa fan, so I had to choose them, but that first series really could've gone either way. Hopefully Point can come back soon, we'll need him if we want to make a serious run at a third cup.
Honestly though Colorado is the team to be feared this year, and why I chose them to win their conference in both of my entries. They're just so good.

#1365 1 year ago

I'm no Lucic fan, but the Oilers are paying him close to a million to play against them this year. So I hope he throws the body around a bit this series haha.

#1513 1 year ago

I really thought Florida would give Tampa more of a battle than they did, especially with Point out. Vasi was stellar though, and that was the biggest difference maker imo.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sixtyfourbits.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2022-nhl-hockey-thread-?tu=sixtyfourbits and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.